Assassins Creed 3 OFFICIAL Hype Thread of The Infamy of King Washington DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

New AC3:L story trailer...wow this game just got a lot more interesting.

http://kotaku.com/5952881/avelines-backstory-and-ass+kicking-ability-shine-in-this-assassins-creed-iii-liberation-story-trailer?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

PhazonBlazer

Nice, it looks like Connor will be part of the story:D

Apperently if you own AC3 on PS3 you'll be able to play as Connor in a mission for AC3:L.

Oh and here is the link from YouTube, so you don't have to use Kotaku's crappy video player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIEZqTe2ROA&feature=g-all-c

#152 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

There's a nice Assassin's Creed sale at Gamersgate right now, if anyone is still catching up like me. You can get 1, 2, or Brotherhood for $5, and Revelations for $12.

http://www.gamersgate.com/assassinscreed

They don't show the PC version of AC 2 there, you have to search for it.

#153 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Considering how much these games sell there's never much hype behind them.PhazonBlazer

Just wait till it scores a 10/10 here and wins GOTY :P

9.5 here, 9.6-10 on IGN, 94+ on Metacritic
#154 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

There's a nice Assassin's Creed sale at Gamersgate right now, if anyone is still catching up like me. You can get 1, 2, or Brotherhood for $5, and Revelations for $12.

http://www.gamersgate.com/assassinscreed

They don't show the PC version of AC 2 there, you have to search for it.

Cherokee_Jack

Nice find, good for anyone catching up on the series.

#155 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

i am so excited for this game

#156 Posted by Omega-316 (787 posts) -

[QUOTE="immortality20"]

I preorderd mine today, it was nice they gave me a keychain, a coin and a steelcase at EB Games. Not bad for putting some money down. I'm sure this game will sell over 5 million easy.

charizard1605

5 million is easy, especially since the lowest selling game in the series so far did 7 million in three months...

vg chartz says the highest selling was AC1 on the 360 and it sold 5 mil. where you getting your info from?

and inbefore LOL vg chartz.

#157 Posted by Omega-316 (787 posts) -

I preorderd mine today, it was nice they gave me a keychain, a coin and a steelcase at EB Games. Not bad for putting some money down. I'm sure this game will sell over 5 million easy.

immortality20

whoooaaaa i only got a steelcase. WTF?

#158 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="immortality20"]

Omega-316

5 million is easy, especially since the lowest selling game in the series so far did 7 million in three months...

vg chartz says the highest selling was AC1 on the 360 and it sold 5 mil. where you getting your info from?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-14-assassins-creed-brotherhood-lifetime-sales

http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-revelations-ships-7-million-6350453

inb4shipped

#159 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="Omega-316"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] 5 million is easy, especially since the lowest selling game in the series so far did 7 million in three months...Cherokee_Jack

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-14-assassins-creed-brotherhood-lifetime-sales

inb4shipped

Well my local Target and Walmart still have tons of copies so its fair to say shipped not sold. AC is not as big as Halo and COD. It probably won't even sell more than Fifa 13 or NBA 2K13 (2K11 sold over 5 mil and 2k13 is selling twice as fast).
#160 Posted by Ghost120x (3919 posts) -
I hope people buy liberation we need more devs pushing the bar on vita.
#161 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

IGN's Making of Assassin's Creed III Part 4

I can safely say that IGN will be giving this game at least a 9.5, maybe even a 10.

PhazonBlazer

That looks great, made my hype go up a little :P

12 days left, ah I hate waiting.

#162 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="immortality20"]

charizard1605

Which one was that?
#163 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="immortality20"]

DarkLink77

Which one was that?

Revelations, I believe.

They're also spending a lot more money on marketing for AC III than they are for past AC games.

AC III broke the record for most pre orders in the AC series back in june, must be a lot more now.

I expect to see ~3 million sold in first week.

#164 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

this game will get a high rating thats for sure

#165 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21809 posts) -
Will post the CE pics when i get this game day one, with connors figure.
#166 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] 5 million is easy, especially since the lowest selling game in the series so far did 7 million in three months...XVision84

Which one was that?

Revelations, I believe.

They're also spending a lot more money on marketing for AC III than they are for past AC games.

AC III broke the record for most pre orders in the AC series back in june, must be a lot more now.

3 million + is like Halo/Call of Duty level pre-orders. Hard to believe it's so damn popular.
#167 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Which one was that?DarkLink77

Revelations, I believe.

3 million + is like Halo/Call of Duty level pre-orders. Hard to believe it's so damn popular.

No chance Revelations sold anywhere near 7 mil. That game has been on sale all the time for $20 since a couple weeks after it came out. BB has even tried getting rid of it at $10. AC doesn't sell as much as they are claiming.
#168 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
This is the funniest video I've seen this week. Introducing eagle Connor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJKAv4UIRIE I wonder if this'll make it into the full game. :lol: (most likely not)
#169 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

This is the funniest video I've seen this week. Introducing eagle Connor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJKAv4UIRIE I wonder if this'll make it into the full game. :lol: (most likely not)TheDidact

"This video contains content from Ubisoft, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

#170 Posted by danjin44 (280 posts) -
Question: when u connect ACIII Liberation to ACIII, do u get new content on both or only for one the games?
#171 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]This is the funniest video I've seen this week. Introducing eagle Connor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJKAv4UIRIE I wonder if this'll make it into the full game. :lol: (most likely not)UnrealLegend

"This video contains content from Ubisoft, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

Fvck. I saw it on GAF a few hours ago. It involved pressing a few buttons on the controller to make Connor start levitating and flapping his arms like a bird. He was able to attack guards and just seemlessly fly away. The players were drunk at the same time which made it even funnier. :lol:
#172 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

Question: when u connect ACIII Liberation to ACIII, do u get new content on both or only for one the games?danjin44

I believe it's only the Vita version, but I'm not 100% sure.

#173 Posted by danjin44 (280 posts) -

[QUOTE="danjin44"]Question: when u connect ACIII Liberation to ACIII, do u get new content on both or only for one the games?PhazonBlazer

I believe it's only the Vita version, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thank, also do know content u get is new mission or is it just skin? Edite: oh, never mind. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/05/assassins-creed-iii-liberation-on-ps-vita/
#174 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

Ok guys looks like we might get our first pic of Desmond.

You have to go to this website and play the little web campaign thing to unlock the final parts of the picture

This is what it looks like so far

[spoiler]

yTp58.png

[/spoiler]

#175 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

Ok guys looks like we might get our first pic of Desmond.

You have to go to this website and play the little web campaign thing to unlock the final parts of the picture

This is what it looks like so far

[spoiler]

yTp58.png

[/spoiler]

PhazonBlazer

:D

So much hype.

#176 Posted by padaporra (3430 posts) -

I hope Desmond's part in this game are better than they were in Revelations. It's easy to forget he is such a huge part is this series... I thought they did a great job with him in AC2, and Brotherhood.
Also, do you guys think Aveline is his ancestor too?

#177 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

Assassin's Creed III Cinematic Commercial

Also with the game drawing ever closer to releasing please do not spoil anything if the game is leaked.

And the picture of Desmond from my previous post has been completely revealed.

#178 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

The more I see info/footage of AC3 the more I get hyped for it.

#179 Posted by charizard1605 (58303 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

Revelations, I believe.

JohnnyCageMK

No chance Revelations sold anywhere near 7 mil. That game has been on sale all the time for $20 since a couple weeks after it came out. BB has even tried getting rid of it at $10. AC doesn't sell as much as they are claiming.

By February, Revelations had sold 7 million worldwide. We're looking at Halo/Call of Duty calibre popularity here.

#180 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

Desmond Trailer!!!

I might not watch this one. I don't want to spoil too much of the game :P

#181 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

Desmond Trailer!!!

PhazonBlazer

It just recaps what happened in the previous games, doesn't really have spoilers for AC III.

[spoiler] Although I think he wears his hood in the trailer, but you already knew that he would be from the picture you posted. [/spoiler]

#182 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Desmond Trailer!!!

-Patrick_92-

It just recaps what happened in the previous games, doesn't really have spoilers for AC III.

[spoiler] Although I think he wears his hood in the trailer, but you already knew that he would be from the picture you posted. [/spoiler]

Yeah, I broke down and watched it, really not that many spoilers. Kinda just a recap of the series.

#183 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Desmond Trailer!!!

PhazonBlazer

Yeah, I broke down and watched it, really not that many spoilers. Kinda just a recap of the series.

Ubisoft loves torturing us with all these videos, makes the wait for the game even worse :lol:
#184 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3186 posts) -

Dat same crappy combat system.:lol: Dual axe owning musketeers.:lol::lol::lol:

#185 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

Dat same crappy combat system.:lol: Dual axe owning musketeers.:lol::lol::lol:

Mr_BillGates

Muskets are inaccurate, take awhile to reload, they would use their bayonets in close quarters anyways, and it's a video game :o

#186 Posted by WTA2k5 (3997 posts) -

As much as I'm excited for this game (and Liberation), I really dislike the way it's marketed. Ubisoft makes so much of an effort to get a piece of media out each day that they're practically spoiling everything. It'd be truly shocking if this game has many surprises left by the time it comes out.

#187 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

As much as I'm excited for this game (and Liberation), I really dislike the way it's marketed. Ubisoft makes so much of an effort to get a piece of media out each day that they're practically spoiling everything. It'd be truly shocking if this game has many surprises left by the time it comes out.

WTA2k5

They claim that they still have alot of surprises left, we still really don't know that much about Desmond.

#188 Posted by padaporra (3430 posts) -

After seeing Desmond visions, I'm wondering if the roman gods will return.

#189 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

I think that trailer will be the opening of the game. It seems very opening-ish.

#190 Posted by kozzy1234 (35266 posts) -

Not a big fan of this series to be honest. Will probably rent it instead of buy it. Only AC game I really enjoyed was Brotherhood.

I bet it gets a 9/10 at gamespot

#191 Posted by IPWNDU2 (2535 posts) -

I need to play brotherhood atleast. I have it sitting around here somewhere. I only put about an hour into it, but AC2 was great.

#192 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

Well 10 days left!

#193 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

Well 10 days left!

PhazonBlazer
For me it's 34 until Black Friday. Last year I got Revelations for $34.99 and the year before, I got Brotherhood for $39.99. I'm trying to be more careful about my gaming budget. The only retail games I've bought this year were Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2, the former because I love the series and had a good amount of money on me, and the latter because I had a bunch of friends who were getting it and I had nothing else to play. :lol: I'll be buying Halo 4 and Black Ops at release though, because they won't drop in price for a while. Other games like AC3, Dishonored, and maybe PS Allstars I'll be picking up on Black Friday.
#194 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

Well 10 days left!

PhazonBlazer

That's 10 too many :P.

#195 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

Where did everyone preorder it at?

I preordered at Gamestop for the Mayan ruins pack.

#196 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

PhazonBlazer
Gamestop for me as well.
#197 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

PhazonBlazer
I read about that Mayan ruins thing, that sounds cool as sh!t. Do you actually go to Central America in the main game?
#198 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

PhazonBlazer

Gamestop.

I wish they had a better signature edition though, something like the one they had with Revelations.

#199 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11922 posts) -

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Cherokee_Jack

I read about that Mayan ruins thing, that sounds cool as sh!t. Do you actually go to Central America in the main game?

I don't think so, unless you're able to sail there in the naval sections.

#200 Posted by fueled-system (6304 posts) -

I'll pick this up next month on black friday since it no doubt will be on sale for around 30-40 then