are you ready for some FOOTBAAUULLLL!!!

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@Jankarcop said:

Worse than soccer in every way. People just watch for commercials.

Soccer is boring as ****

More skill required than "football". Also more viewers.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I hope Seahawks spanking some Broncos ass raw doesn't make people hate MS by proxy since they're Seattle based, especially since most people seemed to have wanted Denver to win.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@Jankarcop said:

Soccer is boring as ****

False

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

Men wearing tights and some sort of tampon, and bending over in front of some other man. It's almost as gay as figure skating.

Lmao.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mems_1224

@ButDuuude said:

Men wearing tights and some sort of tampon, and bending over in front of some other man. It's almost as gay as figure skating.

Well, not all sports can be as manly as a bunch of dudes in knee high socks and short shorts humping each other

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@ButDuuude said:

Well, not all sports can be as manly as a bunch of dudes in knee high socks and short shorts humping each other

At least in soccer there's a higher chance for someone to get kicked in the nuts.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@Jankarcop said:

Soccer is boring as ****

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mems_1224

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ButDuuude said:

Atleast in soccer there's a higher chance for someone to get kicked in the nuts.

And dick tickling

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Lemmings casual trash confirmed.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@Motokid6: iracing is the best. can have heaps of fun with 2 mx5's.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@CrownKingArthur: LMAO I think I will steal that one ...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

*sigh*

A slaughter.

mario-galaxys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mario-galaxys
Member since 2011 • 574 Posts

What is with this football vs. soccer bickering? It is getting old.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

I watched a bit with a Canadian who tried to explain what was going on, i'll stick to real Football (soccer), the NFL seems a little boring, too much stopping and starting play.

If i wanted something similar i'd watch Rugby, at least they don't pause after every play and don't faff around with all this girly padding and helmets.

Also are the crowds meant to be so tame or was it just the TV feed? I've seen livelier Snooker crowds, at least there's plenty of chanting in Soccer and sometimes some jumping around.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mems_1224

@hoosier7 said:

I watched a bit with a Canadian who tried to explain what was going on, i'll stick to real Football (soccer), the NFL seems a little boring, too much stopping and starting play.

If i wanted something similar i'd watch Rugby, at least they don't pause after every play and don't faff around with all this girly padding and helmets.

Also are the crowds meant to be so tame or was it just the TV feed? I've seen livelier Snooker crowds, at least there's plenty of chanting in Soccer and sometimes some jumping around.

The crowd wasn't that loud because they were playing on a neutral site and the crowd is always quieter on tv than in person

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#71 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Telekill said:

I wonder how many calls the police will receive of domestic violence in the loosing team's region and how much it will cost the city of the winning team due to parties and riots?

Stay classy America.

That's Canada bro.

Seriously, it seems like that stuff goes on in Canada more than the US. When Boston beat the Vancouver Canucks in the Cup, Vancouver rioted. Hell, they rioted when NY beat them in 1994.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#72 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

#

@Pray_to_me said:

@Jankarcop said:

Soccer is boring as ****

Right there with ya bro. Ill watch soccer over golf, bowling, but its in the same category for me. Snooze fest. Hockey is my #1, baseball, football, Boxing.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Kinthalis said:

@IgGy621985 said:

For you American System Warriors. Is American football match supposed to be this slow and boring? I'm really trying to keep myself entertained, but they're just standing on the pitch doing nothing 80 percent of the time.

American football is the second most boring sport on Earth. Only golf is more boring.

And you're right. It's 3 second of play, then 2 and a half minutes of a bunch of fat guys getting back into position, a bunch of old guys peering into a TV screen to try and make a call, and Gatorade commercials, only to repeat ad nauseum.

The only reason I tunein to watch the Superbowl is the office pool. Common Broncos!

Sure, if you don't understand and have never actually played the game. Nice opinion but happily I don't agree

1st of all they're on a clock and 2nd these fat guys can run circles around most people. You have any idea how much strength AND endurance it takes to play on the either sides of the line?

Football is one of the most brutal major sports in the world. The average player last 4 years and when these guys are done playing their bodies are never the same again. Like it or not, people should respect this game.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

no kind of football can compete with synchronized underwater tiddly-winks for women.

#dealwithit

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

Well that was one of the worst Super Bowls ever. Yet still much more entertaining than the vast majority of soccer games.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

lol sports

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@mems_1224 said:

@hoosier7 said:

The crowd wasn't that loud because they were playing on a neutral site and the crowd is always quieter on tv than in person

It's a neutral site for finals in soccer too bar the odd time where a host nation or club manages to make a final, the two main cups here in England are played at Wembley which is neutral and have much better atmospheres.

You never seem to get the impromptu banter or inventiveness from fans in the US too.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mems_1224

@hoosier7 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@hoosier7 said:

It's a neutral site for finals in soccer too bar the odd time where a host nation or club manages to make a final, the two main cups here in England are played at Wembley which is neutral and have much better atmospheres.

You never seem to get the impromptu banter or inventiveness from fans in the US too.

Like I said, its a lot harder to tell how loud a stadium is from the tv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@mems_1224 said:

@hoosier7 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@hoosier7 said:

Well comparing it to TV feeds of soccer it didn't compare well and i'll leave it at that.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mems_1224

@hoosier7 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@hoosier7 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@hoosier7 said:

Well comparing it to TV feeds of soccer it didn't compare well and i'll leave it at that.

Thats not really saying much

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#81  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@kingtito said:

Football is one of the most brutal major sports in the world. The average player last 4 years and when these guys are done playing their bodies are never the same again. Like it or not, people should respect this game.

I'm not necessarily against football or anything, but I'd just like to point out that I don't consider this to be a reason for a sport to deserve respect. The players put themselves in that position, they know the risk, and they're paid obscene amounts of money to do it. They do it for 4 years and make more money in those 4 years than 99% of people even have a chance to make in their entire lives. And the reason that there's so much money there, for them to get paid, is because the entire league is a bloated showpony of corporate sponsorship, specifically designed to draw as much attention as possible, to keep people distracted from the far more important shit that's going on around them. Because a population that's well fed and entertained doesn't resist when their government fucks them. The ancient Romans and Greeks called it bread and circuses. Modern-day America calls it welfare and professional sports.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@mems_1224 said:

@hoosier7 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@hoosier7 said:

Thats not really saying much

Well again, i know a tame crowd when i see one. Call me when there's something close to a some of the Football derbies or finals.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Thing about American football is that its fun to watch when its close. Who wins/looses is what makes things exciting. The actual play or what your viewing isn't all that interesting. l still really like it and lm a giants fan, but l think theres something wrong with a sport where its literally almost unwatchable if one team dominant in a match.

Football on the otherhand, is fun to watch almost regardless of the result. Dominant wins can be a joy to see. but w/e

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@IgGy621985 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

my God, system wars, NOT a fan of the "American" Football. noted LOL.

:-D Now seriously, I'm actually waiting for a match to start. I never watched Superbowl before, so who knows, it might be fun.

cool, i hope you enjoy it. just some guys throwing themselves at some other guys trying to knock their head off...good wholesome fun. once you learn the rules and pick a team games can become an adrenaline shot.

I'm semi-familiar with the rules. I played NFL games. Pretty fun.

Btw this horse entrance... the ****? :-D

that's that U.S.A. gaudy for yah!! i actually thought while watching it..."Iggy is spitting at the tv right now" lol.

game was crazy...i did not expect the Broncos to get gorilla stomped like that smh XD

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

For you American System Warriors. Is American football match supposed to be this slow and boring? I'm really trying to keep myself entertained, but they're just standing on the pitch doing nothing 80 percent of the time.

no! you put on a baseball game by mistake....the Superbowl was on the Fox network :)

(ooooo take that @TheEroica :p)

no really. when you learn the game, offense and defense, the players and player positions, know which star player is going against whichever other star player(the match-ups), audibles and team adjustments done on the fly. then there's a lot more to pay attention too when it seems like its going slow. right now you just see guys lining, going crazy for a few seconds then stopping for a half a minute, then going at it again. but you don't know whats really going on on the field yet. that is, if you ever decide to give the sport another chance lol. not everything is for everybody.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Futbal and Football are great sports in their own right. Stop the fighting over games most of you have never played at a high level (college/semi pro).

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Lol super bowl, strong poverty show.

Champion's league is watched by tens of millions more and of course Playstation is present around the field.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#88 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Nah I liked football when they used to be able to actually hit each other, without drawing a penalty, and delaying the game almost every play. I half expect the NFL to start making them tie flags to their belt soon, and make tackling illegal.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@kingtito said:

I'm not necessarily against football or anything, but I'd just like to point out that I don't consider this to be a reason for a sport to deserve respect. The players put themselves in that position, they know the risk, and they're paid obscene amounts of money to do it. They do it for 4 years and make more money in those 4 years than 99% of people even have a chance to make in their entire lives. And the reason that there's so much money there, for them to get paid, is because the entire league is a bloated showpony of corporate sponsorship, specifically designed to draw as much attention as possible, to keep people distracted from the far more important shit that's going on around them. Because a population that's well fed and entertained doesn't resist when their government fucks them. The ancient Romans and Greeks called it bread and circuses. Modern-day America calls it welfare and professional sports.

All pro sports athletes get paid obscene amounts of money but very few have to endure what they do. How many soccer players have died or been paralyzed as a result of just doing there job? I'm not saying respect the sport just because of it's brutality but also because of how complex the game actually is. I respect all pro athletes and sports because they have jobs that less than 1% of the population has the skills to do at their level.

The average salary of a football player isn't as high as you might think. The super stars get a lot but there are 53 men on a roster and only a hand few are getting paid the lions share.