are you ready for some FOOTBAAUULLLL!!!

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tymeservesfate (1334 posts) -

a video by Microsoft for Superbowl Sunday. they went big with it it seems. a lot of endorsements by ball players and the like. they also flew some gamers out to the game and gave them the star treatment as well as giving away Superbowl tickets, free XB1's, and free rides around New York.

Microsoft is really using the NFL to push their system during the launch year. and they're doing a good job with it too with how they are getting into the community.

ALSO...also...

this year's Madden Bowl Champ...Eagles!!

#2 Posted by IgGy621985 (4213 posts) -

Yeah, Atletico vs Real Madrid was a pretty good football match today.

#3 Posted by TheEroica (12748 posts) -

Smart on Microsofts part... Football, both American and otherwise = snooze fest. Commercials suck, games sucks more. When do pitchers and catchers report... then Im interested.

#4 Posted by getyeryayasout (6370 posts) -

The glory is nigh. Go Seahawks!!!

#5 Edited by CrownKingArthur (1970 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic

I was playing Football Manager on my PC when I was offered the Scotland job. I knew it was a poor squad with no future, so I declined the offer. I then put the phone down and got back to Football Manager.

(joke I stole from the internet)

#6 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14466 posts) -

Silly European, this is about the sport where the foot barely touches the ball.

#7 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13442 posts) -

Yeeeaahhh.... I don't take casuals too serious.

#8 Edited by Sushiglutton (5092 posts) -

Ah, you meant eggball

#9 Edited by charizard1605 (52584 posts) -
#10 Posted by Telekill (3936 posts) -

I wonder how many calls the police will receive of domestic violence in the loosing team's region and how much it will cost the city of the winning team due to parties and riots?

Stay classy America.

#11 Posted by clyde46 (42000 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I wonder how many calls the police will receive of domestic violence in the loosing team's region and how much it will cost the city of the winning team due to parties and riots?

Stay classy America.

That's Canada bro.

#12 Edited by Sushiglutton (5092 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

Ah, you meant eggball

He meant handegg.

These American sports are confusing me, you are probably correct. Only thing I know is that after you have played it for a few years you get an eggbrain.

#13 Posted by tymeservesfate (1334 posts) -

my God, system wars, NOT a fan of the "American" Football. noted LOL.

#14 Posted by Jankarcop (7978 posts) -

Worse than soccer in every way. People just watch for commercials.

#15 Posted by Sushiglutton (5092 posts) -

SW is against most things :).

#16 Edited by IgGy621985 (4213 posts) -

:-D Now seriously, I'm actually waiting for a match to start. I never watched Superbowl before, so who knows, it might be fun.

#17 Posted by clyde46 (42000 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

Ah, you meant eggball

He meant handegg.

These American sports are confusing me, you are probably correct. Only thing I know is that after you have played it for a few years you get an eggbrain.

Do you even sports?

#18 Posted by tymeservesfate (1334 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

SW is against most things :).

well it is the only way to keep sane...

#19 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6727 posts) -

God tier sports - Basketball, Baseball

Good tier - Football, Hockey

Decent tier - Tennis, every sport not listed

Shit tier - Soccer

Denver 24, Seattle 21. Manning considered greatest QB ever after game.

#20 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Yeah, can't wait until City vs Chelsea. Unless United manage to get their shit together and beat/draw against City, this is the title decider.

COME ON CHELSEA!

#21 Posted by -CC- (1852 posts) -

Denver is gonna curb stomp the Seahawks worse than the PS4 is doing to the Cablebox.

#22 Posted by IgGy621985 (4213 posts) -

Yeah, can't wait until City vs Chelsea. Unless United manage to get their shit together and beat/draw against City, this is the title decider.

COME ON CHELSEA!

United is done for this season for sure. Unless Moyes gets his shit together. Or gets fired.

#23 Posted by tymeservesfate (1334 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

:-D Now seriously, I'm actually waiting for a match to start. I never watched Superbowl before, so who knows, it might be fun.

cool, i hope you enjoy it. just some guys throwing themselves at some other guys trying to knock their head off...good wholesome fun. once you learn the rules and pick a team games can become an adrenaline shot.

#24 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (15944 posts) -

I am not watching the game. I am watching the commercials. I will play a video game during the time the game is playing.

#25 Posted by Sushiglutton (5092 posts) -

You're welcome:

God tier sports - Soccer, Hockey, XC skiing

Good tier - Handball, Alpine skiing, Tennis

Decent tier - Bandy, every sport not listed

Shit tier - Golf, Football, Baseball

#26 Posted by mems_1224 (44745 posts) -

Smart on Microsofts part... Football, both American and otherwise = snooze fest. Commercials suck, games sucks more. When do pitchers and catchers report... then Im interested.

Wait, did you just call football boring and then say you cant wait for baseball? EL OH EL

#27 Posted by CrownKingArthur (1970 posts) -

God tier sports - Basketball, Baseball

Good tier - Football, Hockey

Decent tier - Tennis, every sport not listed

Shit tier - Soccer

Denver 24, Seattle 21. Manning considered greatest QB ever after game.

@senses_fail_06 said:

God tier sports - Soccer, Hockey, XC skiing

Good tier - Handball, Alpine skiing, Tennis

Decent tier - Bandy, every sport not listed

Shit tier - Golf, Football, Baseball

You're welcome:

highest vo2 max ever was found in cross country skiers. so objectively the most god tier humans are necessary in order to secure a victory.

blood doping FTW.

#28 Posted by Vaasman (10904 posts) -

I don't very much care for handegg.

#29 Posted by MrYaotubo (2323 posts) -

Sure am,the champions league this year will be great,but even better,it´s the year of the World Cup,you know,by far the biggest and most important sporting even in the world.

#30 Posted by clyde46 (42000 posts) -

COME ON CHELSEA!

Blue scum.

#31 Edited by Sushiglutton (5092 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

Ah, you meant eggball

He meant handegg.

Do you even sports?

Enough to know about this book (hence my eggbrain comment):

(In other words I don't know jack, but I watch Jon Stewart :) )

#32 Posted by TheEroica (12748 posts) -

@mems_1224: I did good sir, and I stand by it. Give me a 1-0 pitchers dual over the super bowl any day. Games governed by a clock? EF... TEE... EL... :P

#33 Posted by mems_1224 (44745 posts) -

@mems_1224: I did good sir, and I stand by it. Give me a 1-0 pitchers dual over the super bowl any day. Games governed by a clock? EF... TEE... EL... :P

lmfao Baseball is my first love but holy shit its boring to watch on tv.

#34 Posted by IgGy621985 (4213 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

cool, i hope you enjoy it. just some guys throwing themselves at some other guys trying to knock their head off...good wholesome fun. once you learn the rules and pick a team games can become an adrenaline shot.

I'm semi-familiar with the rules. I played NFL games. Pretty fun.

Btw this horse entrance... the fuck? :-D

#35 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6727 posts) -
#36 Posted by CrownKingArthur (1970 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@StriateEnd said:

COME ON CHELSEA!

Blue scum.

free_milk's team

#37 Posted by TheEroica (12748 posts) -

@mems_1224: it is certainly a game augmented in person. No doubt... Yeah baseball to me has always been a conversive game. Summer night games with a 6 pack... Ugh I effin hate winter.

#39 Edited by silversix_ (12541 posts) -

This is too american for my taste

#40 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5523 posts) -

silly americans with their Commerical-based Sport. Hand Egg e-yuck

It annoys the rest of the world since Futbol is exactly that,your feet,and a ball. Not the size of a foot converted to a ball.

howevs,Sony dominates the UEFA CL futbol which is pretty smart,MS is settling for Superbowl. In the long run its the UEFACL that will win it for Sony.

#41 Posted by IgGy621985 (4213 posts) -

For you American System Warriors. Is American football match supposed to be this slow and boring? I'm really trying to keep myself entertained, but they're just standing on the pitch doing nothing 80 percent of the time.

#42 Edited by Kinthalis (5091 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

For you American System Warriors. Is American football match supposed to be this slow and boring? I'm really trying to keep myself entertained, but they're just standing on the pitch doing nothing 80 percent of the time.

American football is the second most boring sport on Earth. Only golf is more boring.

And you're right. It's 3 second of play, then 2 and a half minutes of a bunch of fat guys getting back into position, a bunch of old guys peering into a TV screen to try and make a call, and Gatorade commercials, only to repeat ad nauseum.

The only reason I tunein to watch the Superbowl is the office pool. Common Broncos!

#43 Posted by clyde46 (42000 posts) -

Football isn't boring fuck off you euros.

Edit: too harsh never mind.

Anyway this years Super Bowl matchup is boring. Almost as bad as Steelers vs Cardinals.

What? That game was fucking epic. I stayed up late to watch that. It was snowing outside but it felt even colder in my house as the fire had gone out. Best 30 last 30mins of a football game.

#44 Posted by IgGy621985 (4213 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

American football is the second most boring sport on Earth. Only golf is more boring.

And you're right. It's 3 second of play, then 2 and a half minutes of a bunch of fat guys getting back into position, a bunch of old guys peering into a TV screen to try and make a call, and Gatorade commercials, only to repeat ad nauseum.

The only reason I tunein to watch the Superbowl is the office pool. Common Broncos!

Well, yeah, dunno. It seems like 80 percent of pause/tactical brainstorming or whatever they're doing and 20 percent of real game. In football (soccer) you at least get two halves of 45 minutes of dynamic play. Sure, some matches can be boring as fuck, but those overpaid blokes at least run for 90 minutes.

#45 Posted by navyguy21 (12536 posts) -

lol, almost makes me want an Xbox One.

Awesome ad btw.

If it werent for the rushed hardware problems at launch, i wouldve bought the Xbox One over the PS4.

I havent bought either yet so they still have time to sway me...

#46 Edited by clyde46 (42000 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

@IgGy621985 said:

LOL, spoken like a true philistine.

#47 Edited by clyde46 (42000 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

@IgGy621985 said:

Well, yeah, dunno. It seems like 80 percent of pause/tactical brainstorming or whatever they're doing and 20 percent of real game. In football (soccer) you at least get two halves of 45 minutes of dynamic play. Sure, some matches can be boring as fuck, but those overpaid blokes at least run for 90 minutes.

Eurpeon football is made up of lots of flash but no substance.

#48 Edited by Motokid6 (4596 posts) -

Seattle... yikes.

The halftime shows going to be terrible. I had high hopes once i heard RHCP are doing it, but there just some BS back for Bruno Mars..

I may not agree with you Europeans about your views of "handegg" , but i will say your music is so much better.

America is destroying the music industry. Its just awful over here you have no idea.

#49 Edited by donalbane (15840 posts) -

hate the sport. hate the people that play it even more.

#50 Posted by Pray_to_me (2462 posts) -

Worse than soccer in every way. People just watch for commercials.

Soccer is boring as fuck