Are the greatest FPS made console exclusives?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

ah classic stuff.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

This thread is making me nostalgic. Wonder if I can find my old Allied Assault discs.

On topic, would the Dark Forces series count? Though I think the later titles also were on xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@kinectthedots said:

fun fact, besides MMO,s RTS's and Strategy games, All the greatest games made are console exclusive.

Excellent point.

This is something brain dead hermits refuse to admit. I recently told a hermit when Infamous comes to the PC I'll consider switching and he replied

"Just you wait it will"

This is denial at its best.

yes/// I'm sure the millions of "at peak" players of games like DoTa , Counter-strike, LoL, MMOs oh ect ect... give a flying f*ck about a shallow repetitive hero sandbox....

peasants are so far into the closet.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@kinectthedots said:

fun fact, besides MMO,s RTS's and Strategy games, All the greatest games made are console exclusive.

Excellent point.

This is something brain dead hermits refuse to admit. I recently told a hermit when Infamous comes to the PC I'll consider switching and he replied

"Just you wait it will"

yes/// I'm sure the millions of "at peak" players of games like DoTa , Counter-strike, LoL, MMOs oh ect ect... give a flying f*ck about a shallow repetitive hero sandbox....

Is it just me or does this guy sound butt hurt?

Also most peak players of games like DoTa , LoL, MMOs are about as productive in real life as a dead dog nailed to a chair.

I'll take the shallow repetitive hero sandbox game any day of the week over a game thats more work than my actual job.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@kinectthedots said:

Excellent point.

"Just you wait it will"

Is it just me or does this guy sound butt hurt?

Also most peak players of games like DoTa , LoL, MMOs are about as productive in real life as a dead dog nailed to a chair.

I'll take the shallow repetitive hero sandbox game any day of the week over a game thats more work than my actual job.

Butthurt.....if you say so. I will be playing Titanfall and the above mentioned games. by the time I get a PS4 infamous will be a bargain bin £10 title that if lucky I will pick up on a very very bored off-chance 5 years into the system's life.

Its ironic considering all you will be doing in infamous is "going from point a to b" on a mindless empty sandbox, watch a cutscene, kill the 4-5 same enemies through the entire game (oh hey, maybe they will give you one new enemy type every 2 hours if your lucky!) watch some cutscenes... then go find pointless little extras on the map. for £50 . bargain.. totally.

Nice on addressing only 1 of the 3 genres mentioned ofcourse. keep it classy shielder. still doesn't change the fact of what I stated. PC gaming is bigger than s*itty little 10 hour shallow action games.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, today I was grating cheese. While looking at the green bit, this got me thinking "what is the best FPS of all time". The danger was my own pc bias getting in the way resulting in a corrupted formulated conclusion.

So, by using metacritic rather than my opinion (in order to obtain an objective viewpoint) It seems these are the two highest rated FPS of all time.

The fact the highest regarded FPS in the world are console exclusives coupled with the fact most publishers have moved onto consoles building FPS primarily with consoles and the control pad in mind, prove the ultimately first person shooters are best on console? Your thoughts please.

Ok now im jealous , ill let Titanfall / BF4 / CoD and every other single PC FPS game aside and ill go buy Xbox / GC and N64 !! Oh , wait ... I see a dolphin!

EDIT : Youre so clever that on HALO says Also On : PC lol ....

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

i enjoyed CoD BO, Metro Last Light, Far Cry 3 more than them 3 on the top

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@blamix99 said:

i enjoyed CoD BO, Metro Last Light, Far Cry 3 more than them 3 on the top

Leave those guys alone , are delusional. We can play those games for many years now on 1080p. Yes , the three games he mentioned. Nuff said

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@naz99 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

When console exclusive FPS games are like Metroid Prime: **** yeah. That game and it's sequel are godly.

When console exclusive FPS games are like Halo and Perfect Dark and Killzone and Resistance? LOL no. I mean sure Halo was fun, and I had a delightful time with Resistance 3. Let's not get carried away here. They are shallower games when compared to what Shadow of Chernobyl was doing, Team Fortress 2 on PC was a far more interesting mp game, there are F2P mp titles that do more interesting things than what console fps games do in that department. The better FPS games were multiplats if anything, and the PC still had stuff like Crysis, Cryostasis, and Hard Reset.

Plus you start throwing in stuff that happened in gen 6 and gen 5. It's not even close. Those console excluisve FPS sans 2 Halo games and Timesplitters were straight dwarfed by what you could play on PC(Unreal 2k4, the original Far Cry, No one Lives Forever, Battlefield 1942, 2142, Quake 3, FEAR, etc).

ohhh no one lives forever,

I love that game, shit I wish my brother didn't smash my disc for that game

It will be a good day when somebody finally pulls their finger out of their ass and works out exactly who owns the ip (its currently in limbo between 2 publishers) and releases them on Steam or GOG for us to play again......i can easily say they both were some of the best single player FPS games to ever be made, and the funniest which is a rare thing with an FPS

And i loved the Lithtech engine it competed with unreal,Source and Id Tech easily,it's such a shame it no longer exists,And No One Lives Forever 3 would be the one game to get me excited about an FPS again for the first time in years.

Yeah and the other issue is Monolith sucks now. Certainly not up to snuff with their glory days.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

@BiggChonies882 said:

No mention of Goldeneye? Surprised.

Perfect Dark is Goldeneye 64 but better in almost every way.

Except for frame rate... And being a James Bond game. Perfect Dark really sucks at being a Bond game ;)