Are multiplats an advantage PS4 has over Xbone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I remember last generation, PS3 had the superior exclusives over the 360 but Lems would always say that it didn't matter because of the fact that multiplats ran better on 360. Back then, the differences were negligible, especially compared to this generation where it seems like every game looks and runs better on PS4 than it does on Xbone with higher resolutions and overall better graphical fidelity.

I guess what I don't understand is how on SW, all Lems did all of last generation was pull the multiplat card anytime their exclusives were called into question yet you never see anyone doing that for PS4 when the differences are much more apparent this generation than they were last generation.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

"Never see anyone doing that for PS4"

Are you serious?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5885 Posts
@lostrib said:

Are you serious?

Never :)

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

There wasn't that much difference between PS3 and 360 last gen. There certainly wasn't the marked difference between the PS4 and X1 there just is no argument that PS4 is better for multiplats. How much better? Not that much really but it IS better.

Last gen they were pretty even. I owned both (I own both this gen too) and last gen I bought multiplats on 360 simply because I could install them all to hard disk so no load times. There was hardly any difference visually.

PS4 owners still bleat on about how much better their system is but it's kind of a stupid thing to do when PC is better than both. Actually bleating on about any system you own being 'the best' is kind of juvenile but hey ho.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

For sony or MS

Depends on who has the marketing rights.

For systemwars fanboys

Depends on if it helps or hurts your arguments in discussions/debates.

( I do remember how lemmings pulled that card all last gen to say 360 > PS3)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@lostrib said:

Are you serious?

Lol I think he is?!?!

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I remember last generation, PS3 had the superior exclusives over the 360 but Lems would always say that it didn't matter because of the fact that multiplats ran better on 360. Back then, the differences were negligible, especially compared to this generation where it seems like every game looks and runs better on PS4 than it does on Xbone with higher resolutions and overall better graphical fidelity.

I guess what I don't understand is how on SW, all Lems did all of last generation was pull the multiplat card anytime their exclusives were called into question yet you never see anyone doing that for PS4 when the differences are much more apparent this generation than they were last generation.

pretty sure nobody gave 2 dams about the PS3 exclusives for the first 3 years as well lol.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

PC shits on both. If you actually cared you would build a PC. Any questions?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I think 360 had better exclusives, alot of sony's exclusives from ps2 like metal gear an final fantasy went multiplat while 360's games like mass effect and halo 3 and fable 2 seem as good as ps3 exclusives

this gen microsoft doesn't have bungie/bioware/epic or lionhead making good exclusives so i don't even know what the hell microsoft is doing this gen

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I'm not one to count pixels. Most multiplatform games play pretty much the same on both consoles. There are variations in resolution, (usually small) and yet for the most part it doesn't matter. You're a wanker if you notice tiny differences and act like it means anything.

Now there are games out there where the difference is hugely pronounced and causes one game to be much more enjoyable. My PS3 skyrim was pretty much unplayable at one point because of the frame rate and even after a fix I was glad to finally get it on PC where this wasn't an issue. But like I say, for the most part, 900/1080p, doesn't matter all that much.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

What if I told you the 360 had the better mulitplats last gen. Yet people still bought those games on the PS3.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ProtossX

@DocSanchez said:

I'm not one to count pixels. Most multiplatform games play pretty much the same on both consoles. There are variations in resolution, (usually small) and yet for the most part it doesn't matter. You're a wanker if you notice tiny differences and act like it means anything.

Now there are games out there where the difference is hugely pronounced and causes one game to be much more enjoyable. My PS3 skyrim was pretty much unplayable at one point because of the frame rate and even after a fix I was glad to finally get it on PC where this wasn't an issue. But like I say, for the most part, 900/1080p, doesn't matter all that much.

wrong dude go look at tomb raider it 1080p 60 fps on ps4 720p 30 fps on xb1, gta 5 had more grass and dirt and stuff

the shadows of mordor game had 1080p 60 fps and it was like 720p 30 fps or somethin

thats a 60 frames per second like pc and 1080p like pc on ps4 and xb1 playing games like a 360 with weird framerates an weird res

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

There wasn't that much difference between PS3 and 360 last gen. There certainly wasn't the marked difference between the PS4 and X1 there just is no argument that PS4 is better for multiplats. How much better? Not that much really but it IS better.

Last gen they were pretty even. I owned both (I own both this gen too) and last gen I bought multiplats on 360 simply because I could install them all to hard disk so no load times. There was hardly any difference visually.

PS4 owners still bleat on about how much better their system is but it's kind of a stupid thing to do when PC is better than both. Actually bleating on about any system you own being 'the best' is kind of juvenile but hey ho.

Well that ain't true. Bayonetta ran at half the framerate on PS3. Bethesda games were horrible on PS3 with lengthier loading, more bugs and common crashes. I remember Bioshock eventually made it to PS3 but somehow looked worse, 2 years later. PS3 always had slower loading (that 2x Blu Ray drive) too. I remember even basic ass multiplats like Fifa, COD, WWE, Street Fighter, etc, always had longer load times when gaming at my PS3 friends houses. And of course, PSN was poor in comparison to Xbox Live last gen.

This gen, Xbone definitely has worse multiplats than PS4, but it's generally just a lower resolution. The gap was bigger last gen. I haven't heard of any Xbone game as bad as PS3's Bayo or Skyrim, nor anything about worse load times or online.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@DocSanchez said:

wrong dude go look at tomb raider it 1080p 60 fps on ps4 720p 30 fps on xb1, gta 5 had more grass and dirt and stuff

the shadows of mordor game had 1080p 60 fps and it was like 720p 30 fps or somethin

thats a 60 frames per second like pc and 1080p like pc on ps4 and xb1 playing games like a 360 with weird framerates an weird res

Nope.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ProtossX

@xhawk27 said:

@ProtossX said:

@DocSanchez said:

Nope.

my bad its 900p 30fps or something right?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@arkephonic said:

yet you never see anyone doing that for PS4 when the differences are much more apparent this generation than they were last generation.

See here is one thing I never understand, with like all seriousness. All the fan bases are significantly stupid, corporate apologists, and all that jazz, but the victim complex or sheer delusion that comes from the Sony fanbase is always lolwhat? Not because the other 2 aren't also delusional with playing victim cards, but they don't say it like they were angels or something. The Playstation crowd will swear they had halos on their head, angel wings, fucking hymns playing when they come into a thread, and weren't ignorant morons of the highest order.

The retconning that's done is pretty cray.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@arkephonic said:
yet you never see anyone doing that for PS4

The 360 had other things going for it like the superior controller, and the main reason people chose the majority of multiplats on it was because XBL shits all over PSN.

Same situation this gen, XOne still has the better controller and lolpsn.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@locopatho said:

@blueinheaven said:

Well that ain't true. Bayonetta ran at half the framerate on PS3. Bethesda games were horrible on PS3 with lengthier loading, more bugs and common crashes. I remember Bioshock eventually made it to PS3 but somehow looked worse, 2 years later. PS3 always had slower loading (that 2x Blu Ray drive) too. I remember even basic ass multiplats like Fifa, COD, WWE, Street Fighter, etc, always had longer load times when gaming at my PS3 friends houses. And of course, PSN was poor in comparison to Xbox Live last gen.

This gen, Xbone definitely has worse multiplats than PS4, but it's generally just a lower resolution. The gap was bigger last gen. I haven't heard of any Xbone game as bad as PS3's Bayo or Skyrim, nor anything about worse load times or online.

Well, all of this might be true I don't really know like I said I both most multiplats on 360 last gen but I bought a lot of games for both systems and didn't really see much difference in graphic quality at all. This gen I know PS4 is better for multiplats it's not even an argument it's just a fact although I don't think people will miss out much on Xbox One the difference isn't that big that people should worry.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

This gen I know PS4 is better for multiplats it's not even an argument it's just a fact

Yup totally agreed, sorry if I got snappy, it was a long gen of PS3 nutcases trying to pretend their crashing games were fine :P

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ProtossX

@locopatho said:

@blueinheaven said:

This gen I know PS4 is better for multiplats it's not even an argument it's just a fact

Yup totally agreed, sorry if I got snappy, it was a long gen of PS3 nutcases trying to pretend their crashing games were fine :P

yes and THE GEN just started the more the devs get feels for these consoles the further the gap will be

usually like they can push ps4 harder and xbone seems like its already being pushed to its limit an devs might just under tune for it or whatever after hte ps4 version is done

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@inb4uall:

Homebuyer "Does this house have more space than that house?"

Realtor "Doesn't matter. The Pentagon shits on both. If you actually cared you'd go live in the Pentagon."

That's your reasoning. And hey, I know it's a popular riff here, but lots of people using the same poor reasoning doesn't somehow make it right. What's the harm you're trying to avoid in honestly answering the question?

People can care about gas mileage without owning a Tesla. They can care about restaurant quality without eating at Alinea (if they were in Chicago I guess). You can care about safety without driving a Volvo, care about about your apparel without shopping on rodeo drive, an carecabout ice cream without eating Rocky Road. So yes, you can care about gaming performance without only playing on PC, kind of like PC braggarts can go on about living the dream without a actually having top of the line gear.

I don't know how that got so offensive to admit, but it's true.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By arkephonic
@santoron said:

@inb4uall:

Realtor "Doesn't matter. The Pentagon shits on both. If you actually cared you'd go live in the Pentagon."

That's your reasoning. And hey, I know it's a popular riff here, but lots of people using the same poor reasoning doesn't somehow make it right. What's the harm you're trying to avoid in honestly answering the question?

People can care about gas mileage without owning a Tesla. They can care about restaurant quality without eating at Alinea (if they were in Chicago I guess

Too much sound logic in one post, this place is going to explode.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

What the hell are you talking about ? How can multiplats be a friggin advantage if both got pretty much the same shit ?

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By arkephonic

@raugutcon said:

What the hell are you talking about ? How can multiplats be a friggin advantage if both got pretty much the same shit ?

Because they run better, have more graphical fidelity and display at higher resolutions on PS4 than they do on Xbox One.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

Yes. Same as it was last-gen... In so far as nobody gives a shit.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#27 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Xbox full 1080p achievements will always be superior to PS 64x64 trophies if that's any consolation.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DocSanchez

@ProtossX: I said I'm not interested in counting pixels and you've just give me a list of pixels. You're missing the point. Unless there is a gulf like the Xbox360 to wii, it doesn't matter that much. I don't even have an Xbox 1 but I suspect once the X1 owners open up Tomb Raider they have pretty much the same fun as I did.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DocSanchez

@Legend002: They are usually the exact the same achievements to get except in playstation the hardest trophies, the platinum, are something which are truly elevated. On Xbox, unless it's changed, the score is what matters, so you can rack up a score by owning lots of games and collecting the minor ones but in playstation you have to work hard to get the prestige.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@Legend002: 64x64?!...

Wow they've been upgraded them ;p

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

@arkephonic said:
@santoron said:

@inb4uall:

People can care about gas mileage without owning a Tesla. They can care about restaurant quality without eating at Alinea (if they were in Chicago I guess

Too much sound logic in one post, this place is going to explode.

Carbuyer "Does this car have more horsepower than that car?

Cardealer "Doesn't matter. The Ferrari shits on both. If you actually cared you'd buy a Ferrari."

inb4 logic > all

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@DocSanchez said:

You should know that they update Shadows of Mordor for the X1, you had to down load almost the whole game all over again, it now runs and looks just as good as the PS4 version. The PS4 might have a slight edge over the X1 but I not seeing it with my PS4, maybe it's broken!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

pretty sure nobody gave 2 dams about the PS3 exclusives for the first 3 years as well lol.

MGS4 came in year 1 and half, Uncharted in year 1,warhawk in year 1,Resistance 2 in year 2.

You know MGS4 got a 10 here which no 360 exclusive ever got,including all Halo,Forza,gears and fable series.

So yeah many did give a damn.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ProtossX

@DocSanchez said:

@ProtossX: I said I'm not interested in counting pixels and you've just give me a list of pixels. You're missing the point. Unless there is a gulf like the Xbox360 to wii, it doesn't matter that much. I don't even have an Xbox 1 but I suspect once the X1 owners open up Tomb Raider they have pretty much the same fun as I did.

well dude you are a unique snowflake tons of youtubers i know who own all 3 consoles play AND NOTICE the differences on the ps4 version

many of them point to there ps4 games and say why is this one 60 FPS on the ps4 but only 30 on xbone or why is is this 900p here an 1080p there

just because u dont notice doesn't mean normal everyday youtubers and gamers don't notice so do us all a favor wake up from your "i dont care about graphics or pixels or frames" ppl do care about that stuff everyday people even like i just said average joes on oyutube saying meh i wanna play it on ps4 cuz it looked better exist doc so plz wake up PLZZZ WAKE UP DOC

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@makemefamous07 said:

Nope. PS4 games run at 30fps in just about every game for the past 11 months and moving forward. RE Revelations 2/ CODAW/ Saints Row 4 Re Elected for ex are 60fps on ps4 & X1 but both cant handle those games at 60fps and drop like crazy. Even at 30fps ps4 games cant even handle it in multiplats like GTA5 or Bloodbourne in which the co op part dropped in the low 20s maybe lower lol. The only thing is the 1080p which ps4 has a very slight advantage where X1 is at 1080p or 900p. Although there are alot of ps4 games at 900p like BF4/ Hardline/ The Evil Within/ Watch Dogs/ AC Unity etc etc So theres barely a difference in multiplats

So the answer is a No.

Most of those games are rush to meet date,how the fu** Revelations 2 can have such bad frame rate on PS4 is an old ass game which should run fine,many games out there this gen more than ever are simple broken is like developers don't even care any more,if just about profits and getting the most money,and games like revelation confirm that.

Barely.? Yeah because 720p vs 1080p is barely a difference,because 900p vs 1080p with better effects and frames is barely a difference.

You know what barely a difference was 640p vs 720p las gen in games like Red Dead Redention yet lemming stretch that line to the moon.

The gap this gen is much bigger than last one.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I buy the multiplats on ps4 or pc this Gen so for me it is. Personally, I've found the ui, connecting with friends, online, and game installing to be far superior on the ps4 this Gen. It's like they switched places from last gen.

roboed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By roboed
Member since 2014 • 79 Posts

How many same games are 60fps on the ps4 vs 30 fps on the xbox one?

I count 2

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Lets just bury our heads and act like the 360 or the ONE never had an advantage, on any game, ever. Seems to be the cow philosophy around here anyways.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#40 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Small advantage. A bit more resolution, a bit more high res shadows/textures and stuff. It doesn't have any exclusive graphical features like a lot of games on PC.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DocSanchez

@ProtossX: I'm fully aware there may be a noticable difference. I'm not interested in overly critical knobheads on youtube. My point is, unless the gameplay is affected, and unless the gulf is much wider than experienced so far between PS4 and X1, it doesn't really matter.

Your post is highly bizarre to be honest. Are you losing it? Whats with the wake up shite? I think you need to grow up to be honest.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#42 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Shame about the PS4 exclusives.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

If PC is not an option, than it's obviously an advantage, just like it was an advantage for 360 over PS3.

@makemefamous07 said:

Nope. PS4 games run at 30fps in just about every game for the past 11 months and moving forward. RE Revelations 2/ CODAW/ Saints Row 4 Re Elected for ex are 60fps on ps4 & X1 but both cant handle those games at 60fps and drop like crazy. Even at 30fps ps4 games cant even handle it in multiplats like GTA5 or Bloodbourne in which the co op part dropped in the low 20s maybe lower lol. The only thing is the 1080p which ps4 has a very slight advantage where X1 is at 1080p or 900p. Although there are alot of ps4 games at 900p like BF4/ Hardline/ The Evil Within/ Watch Dogs/ AC Unity etc etc So theres barely a difference in multiplats

So the answer is a No.

How about Advanced Warfare, Mortal Kombat X all the sport games, and soon Project Cars, MGS 5....?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ProtossX

@DocSanchez said:

@ProtossX: I'm fully aware there may be a noticable difference. I'm not interested in overly critical knobheads on youtube. My point is, unless the gameplay is affected, and unless the gulf is much wider than experienced so far between PS4 and X1, it doesn't really matter.

Your post is highly bizarre to be honest. Are you losing it? Whats with the wake up shite? I think you need to grow up to be honest.

as someone who played dragonage on both and advanced warfare now on both the gulf is wider than ppl like you can see

the xbone versions are droppin frames from my own experience not from some site who tells us everything is fine an everything the same no dude I PERSONALLY have both games an can see the differences in how they are looking an running i don't need someone to tell me everythings the same

last gen 360 was known as being a powerful console that beat everything microsoft lied and told us this would be the same and now im seeing ps4 games runnin better

if your a multiplat gamer these third parties are gimping the xbox one version of the game i dunno if its on purpose or if its just not powerful enough the games framerate is flying off the screen i have not seen that yet on my ps4 games and they look better to my eyes

im done multiplat gaming on my xb1 im just done with it, its a social media age where people talk about stuff xb1 is an exclusive console this gen and its just not living up to it, the third parties are making better versions clearly on other systems and its just not acceptable theres no parity at all and its hurting xbones image

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ProtossX

@PAL360 said:

If PC is not an option, than it's obviously an advantage, just like it was an advantage for 360 over PS3.

@makemefamous07 said:

So the answer is a No.

How about Advanced Warfare, Mortal Kombat X all the sport games, and soon Project Cars, MGS 5....?

PAL ive played some versions on both platforms the ps4 the games run smoother (less frame drops) the graphics look better, and the online hasn't been down as much as my xb1 services and the xb1 services so far been worse then the 360 and its like a completely diff team is in charge of the xb1 compared to the 360 a completely group of people who are being super cheap and super lame

this is not the xbox brand i remember something happened, and im not even thinkin of picking up third party games anymore on xb1 just cuz of what happened to me on dragonage inq and advanced warfare the ps4 versions run better and now i cant even sell the ones cuz there digital so im just stuck with 2 gimp games on my HD

roboed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 roboed
Member since 2014 • 79 Posts

@PAL360: All these run at 60 fps on the X1 too

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#47  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@roboed said:

@PAL360: All these run at 60 fps on the X1 too

I never said they didn't.

I'm not against X1 or any gaming platform, just blind haters who usually rely on lies to make a point.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

No I can play MK:X, COD, Battlefield, and any other multiplat game on the X1. All on my 60 inch TV and it looks great, way better than my 360 looked. I got the controller I prefer and can play with my friends.

Don't know why the fan boys get up in arms about this it's the same damn game on either system. And they want to act like X1 owners are missing out on something. It's a video game to kill some time and have some fun.

I grew up playing Atari, NES, SNES, Sega systems all the way up to X1 so I am amazed at how far games have come. For the most part it's the new generation of games that started gaming on Playstation or above that became these graphic whore elitist that have no clue.

Get a fucking PC if you care about graphics!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Looking at sales trends, yes. People on this forum like to pretend that exclusives are the only things that matter but the vast majority of games sold are 3rd party games.

MS releasing a console that's basically a weaker PS4 really hurt them. When given a choice most gamers want the most bang for their buck. PS4 gives gamers that option, a console that plays all the 3rd party games at an affordable price with better graphics than the competition. It's no wonder the PS4 is selling like crack while Xbone continues to struggle despite pricecuts and fire sale bundles. It's also the reason WiiU is flopping despite the fact that it arguably has the best exclusives library right now.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

It was last gen, it is this gen.