Are most games these days REALLY worth $60 to you?

• 65 results
PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Poll Are most games these days REALLY worth $60 to you? (60 votes)

Yep. 10%
Nope. 90%

I'm goona say it. NOPE! NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

I don't give a crap how long and hard it is to make video games. I don't care how expensive it is. If a game sucks, or is subpar, that's just it. Just because you worked hours and hours on a game doesn't mean your game is worth $60 to me. I bet the devs worked hard on Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom, (Not hard enough, unfortunately), are those games worth $60?

Now...Some games are worth $60, IMO. I'd pay $60...no, even over $100 for Zelda U. Some games are just worth more to some people than others. I can live with that.

I just can justify paying $60 for games like cOD, Assassin's Creed, GTA, and others...I just...There just...Meh.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

If it is quality, then yes. I payed $59.99 for Goldeneye 64 when it came out. I still play that game from time to time. Same goes for any mario or zelda game. Fzeros. Wave Race. Twisted Metal...games with tried and true, solid as rock gameplay.

Games of today for the most part are more of an experience. It is rare when I go through a game more than once. Uncharted series is probably the most recent.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Heirren said:

Games of today for the most part are more of an experience. It is rare when I go through a game more than once.

This

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

I really don't find $60 to be that much to ask for well-made software. I have more than once bought games twice (or even three times) to sell at a slight loss on eBay if I really see the developers are trying or there are practices being shown I'd like to see more of and wish to support. I don't mind taking a slight personal loss to show the support from my wallet.

For example, CD Projekt with the Witcher 2. Not only was it DRM free, but the developers put out a letter nicely asking people not to pirate. Then they put out the game, which came with a soundtrack CD, map, coin, art booklet, and various other extras. Their customer service was excellent, and they responded and listened to their fans. They have also recently come out and said all W3 DLC will be free. This is a company that respects its customers and I'm going to buy numerous copies and sell them on eBay simply to support this behavior, as we need to see much more of it.

Also, I'll heavily support well-made games where it's apparent that a lot of passion and love have gone into their creation, such as the Batman series. I have four Arkham Knight CEs pre-ordered and paid off. Can't claim for any noble reason as I intend to make a profit off of selling the extras to those who failed to think ahead, but hey, it's also supporting Rocksteady.

So it depends. Some games I won't pay any money for, other games I'll pay easily over $100 and then some. But I think generally $60 is a fair asking point for a good game.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Nope, I haven't bought any games since around June or July of 2014.

I blame the lack of demo's and laziness of Dev's for my decline of interest in gaming.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

There are people who pay $120 to watch a group of grown men throw a ball and tackle each other for 2-3 hours. I don't think $60 is a far cry for at least 10 hours of entertainment. Whether you choose to pay that much is up to you. But compared to other modes of entertainment, it's pretty fair I think.

Yeah, I never said that the price isn't fair, just that games aren't worth that much to me. The very fact that these games are selling at $60 means that a whole lot of gamers think it's a fair price to pay. Kind of hard to say that $60 isn't a fair price when consumers don't mind paying $60 for them.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said: $60 is a far cry for

I see what you did there

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#57 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I have never payed more than £35 for a game. OMG, I remember when games used to be less than £5 brand new.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#58 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Very few games are worth full price.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#59 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I don't have an issue with current game prices. In fact because of digital I end up paying less for new games than 10 years ago when I was getting them all at retail. They go on sale fast and discounts can be found.

The most I paid for this year was DA:I for $90 and it was worth every cent.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

One thing the 7th gen taught me is patience. If you're willing to wait, and it need not be that long, there will always be price drops and sales. Plenty of still recently released games (2-4 months) that you can get for less than $30.

Sure there will be some games that I feel the need to get right away. Like Dragon Age Inquisition was well worth the day 1 price and had the content to justify it, easy. But for the most part it's the waiting game for me. (NO PS4 jokes on that :P )

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Shit no

But what's even crazier than the price of games in the price of controllers.

No reason that a new controller should be any more than $20.

$30 at most

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#62 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

One thing the 7th gen taught me is patience. If you're willing to wait, and it need not be that long, there will always be price drops and sales. Plenty of still recently released games (2-4 months) that you can get for less than $30.

That's what I should be doing more often, hell I should had waited for games to be 30-50 bucks for quite a bit of full priced games I paid for.

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

I would say most games are not worth $60 to me. I have certain series that I tend to purchase day 1, but the majority I just buy new after waiting for a price drop. The ones that I do pay for full price most times are the ones that I'll play for many hours and get a huge entertainment value from. Thankfully most games aren't stuck at the $60 price tag for long because if they were I'd own a lot less games and most likely play a lot less games.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

games have cost $60 at least since the days of the NES back in the late eighties. seeing as how the price of video games have not gone up in 25 years I would say $60 is reasonable

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#65 speedfreak48t5p  Online
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Games like GTA 5 are totally worth $60 for sure.