Anyone still not gaming in 4K resolution yet?

• 154 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SolidGame_basic

Poll Anyone still not gaming in 4K resolution yet? (104 votes)

Yes I game in 4k resolution. 54%
Nah, not yet. 46%

I’ve been gaming in 4K on my LG CX OLED since the beginning of this gen. Since I have PS5 and XSX, I’m living the 4K dream. Games like God of War Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West look incredible on it. How about you, SW? Are you gaming in 4K yet?

• 
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

The notion that AAA gaming is bad, isn't exactly an uncommon opinion these days you know.

And the 1070 can run AAs and indies just fine. The games that actually matter.

You can run AA games on medium/low, what my ps4 was able to do, and that thing was outdated years before release. I had the same gpu, its extremely outdated. Funny how someone who brags about being that one person that is very experienced and cares about frames, uses something this incredibly outdated. Your illusion doesn't work.😪

I can run AA game on the highest settings.

AA games are not graphics pushers by any means. Paradox Interactive, Divinity Original Sin, and so on. And Visual Fidelity, as I previously established, doesnt give me an advantage in competitive online. And for the games I did play gave me a decent enough frame rate.

I get that casual scrubs as yourself only care about graphics. But they are one of the least important part of a video game. Alongside story and presentation.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 693 Posts

My monitor is not 4k and I cannot afford to spend a few hundred quid on a new one atm.

Does 4k make a crap game good then?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#103 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17914 Posts

@jcafcwbb said:

My monitor is not 4k and I cannot afford to spend a few hundred quid on a new one atm.

Does 4k make a crap game good then?

It makes the crap more detailed. You can see the steam coming off the crap for more immersion. LOL

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1650 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

You can run AA games on medium/low, what my ps4 was able to do, and that thing was outdated years before release. I had the same gpu, its extremely outdated. Funny how someone who brags about being that one person that is very experienced and cares about frames, uses something this incredibly outdated. Your illusion doesn't work.😪

The 1070 was released in 2016, the PS4 was 2013, and likely the hardware for the PS4 was finalised some time before then. The 1070 was a higher end card, not a mid range and it can destroy the PS4. It's got as much VRAM as the whole PS4 has system RAM!

Combine this with the simply awful CPU's of the last gen consoles. A GTX 1070 combined with a good CPU would run rings around a PS4. You probably had a crap processor.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Maroxad
@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

The 1070 was released in 2016, the PS4 was 2013, and likely the hardware for the PS4 was finalised some time before then. The 1070 was a higher end card, not a mid range and it can destroy the PS4. It's got as much VRAM as the whole PS4 has system RAM!

Combine this with the simply awful CPU's of the last gen consoles. A GTX 1070 combined with a good CPU would run rings around a PS4. You probably had a crap processor.

Yeah, I have no idea what Hardwenzen was talking about. The 1070 was one of the best cards on release. and held up really well. While it wont run some of the latest games on the highest graphics. Outside of Total War Warhammer 3, I don't really feel I am missing much. With a good CPU, it wont have any troubles running most games at the highest settings. Some AAA games may suffer, and might be played on Medium settings, but the fact of the matter is, the card has been really viable all this time.

I wouldnt be surprised if he had a bottleneck somewhere. But blamed it on the GPU rather than the ACTUAL problem. Since he seems to mostly focus on the GPU again, he will continue to bottleneck, and blame everything but himself.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BassMan
@Maroxad said:
@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yeah, I have no idea what Hardwenzen was talking about. The 1070 was one of the best cards on release. and held up really well. While it wont run some of the latest games on the highest graphics. Outside of Total War Warhammer 3, I don't really feel I am missing much. With a good CPU, it wont have any troubles running most games at the highest settings. Some AAA games may suffer, and might be played on Medium settings, but the fact of the matter is, the card has been really viable all this time.

I wouldnt be surprised if he had a bottleneck somewhere. But blamed it on the GPU rather than the ACTUAL problem. Since he seems to mostly focus on the GPU again, he will continue to bottleneck, and blame everything but himself.

No doubt a 1070 destroys a PS4, but 1070 is shit for modern PC gaming. Unless you enjoy playing potato games at potato resolutions, potato settings, and potato frame rates, a 1070 has not been viable for a long time.

A 1070 is totally viable bro!

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#107 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

If it’s not 32K I’m not interested.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1650 Posts

@BassMan said:

No doubt a 1070 destroys a PS4, but 1070 is shit for modern PC gaming. Unless you enjoy playing potato games at potato resolutions, potato settings, and potato frame rates, a 1070 has not been viable for a long time.

Spoken like a true enthusiast. I bet in a few years time you'll say that the 4090 is crap lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By BassMan
@Bond007uk said:
@BassMan said:

Spoken like a true enthusiast. I bet in a few years time you'll say that the 4090 is crap lol.

4090 won't be crap in a few years, but I will have a better card anyway. Seriously though.... 1070 struggles with more demanding games even at 1080p. Rasterization is weak and it lacks RT and DLSS. So, it is a fail all around.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Maroxad
@BassMan said:

Yes, it destroys a PS4. A system which the overwhelming majority of games are still optimized to run on.

Rasterization is good enough. PS4 games look perfectly fine, and this system still destroys a PS4. So games look fine here. Furthermore, lack of ray tracing is a nothingburger. Nothing of value was lost.

Your point is really weak.

I get that you are an enthusiast. But I don't see a reason to spend 1400-1500 euro. To improve the visual fidelity of a bunch of games I really couldnt care less for. Not to mention power consumption, space usage, and a slew of other features.

The higher frame rates only really matter in multiplayer games. And most multiplayer games are optimized to run on as many PCs as possible. So yeah... the PC may be obsolete, but it can run any game I need it to play.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39747 Posts
@Maroxad said:
@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

I owned the card, an EVGA version. It was good for its time, but we're not "in its time"🤦‍♂️RE8 was the game that showed me how outdated this card is (and that game doesn't even look good nor is it a large impressive title). Its bad. Until you upgrade to something worthwhile, i don't want you to ever talk about frame rate. Is that clear, maroxad?👀

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

I owned the card, an EVGA version. It was good for its time, but we're not "in its time"🤦‍♂️RE8 was the game that showed me how outdated this card is (and that game doesn't even look good nor is it a large impressive title). Its bad. Until you upgrade to something worthwhile, i don't want you to ever talk about frame rate. Is that clear, maroxad?👀

At 1080p max settings(no RT) with RE:Village GTX 1070 with a Ryzen 1800x is able to get an avg of 85 fps... with 1% lows never below 70.... So I'm not sure how the 1070 showed its "age" with that game..... Even at 1440p it averages nearly 60 fps. Now if you want to aim for high refresh rates and turn on all the candy eye with modern titles then yes 10 series is long in the tooth and has been for a couple of years.

But even today if your standards are modest and only want 1080p 60 fps and you have fairly recent cpu with a GTX 1070 you can still play many titles decently.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 hardwenzen

@04dcarraher said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@Bond007uk said:
@hardwenzen said:

At 1080p max settings(no RT) with RE:Village GTX 1070 with a Ryzen 1800x is able to get an avg of 85 fps... with 1% lows never below 70.... So I'm not sure how the 1070 showed its "age" with that game..... Even at 1440p it averages nearly 60 fps. Now if you want to aim for high refresh rates and turn on all the candy eye with modern titles then yes 10 series is long in the tooth and has been for a couple of years.

But even today if your standards are modest and only want 1080p 60 fps and you have fairly recent cpu with a GTX 1070 you can still play many titles decently.

I played it in 1440p. Forget anywhere near maxed out visuals (without rt). You get constant sub 60fps drops and even sub 50fps drops.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#114  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9901 Posts

Bought my PC in december last year. Read some forums etc and as I understood it, the consensus was that 1440p with better performance was preferable. So I went with that. Have no complaints, but ofc I don't know what I'm missing...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By BassMan
@Maroxad said:
@BassMan said:

Yes, it destroys a PS4. A system which the overwhelming majority of games are still optimized to run on.

Rasterization is good enough. PS4 games look perfectly fine, and this system still destroys a PS4. So games look fine here. Furthermore, lack of ray tracing is a nothingburger. Nothing of value was lost.

I get that you are an enthusiast. But I don't see a reason to spend 1400-1500 euro. To improve the visual fidelity of a bunch of games I really couldnt care less for. Not to mention power consumption, space usage, and a slew of other features.

The higher frame rates only really matter in multiplayer games. And most multiplayer games are optimized to run on as many PCs as possible. So yeah... the PC may be obsolete, but it can run any game I need it to play.

PS4 was shit right from launch. It is a 30fps box at 1080p or less. PS4 versions of games have gotten even more shit during the cross-gen period. You may downplay things like RT, but play games like Control, Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, CP 2077, Dying Light 2, Watch Dogs Legion, etc.. and you will see the benefits. You obviously don't care about quality though.... you are playing on a 1070 and play trash looking games like Dwarf Fortress. LOL

You don't have to buy the latest and greatest. Something like a 3060 Ti is affordable and is much better than a GTX 1070.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@Maroxad said:
@BassMan said:

PS4 was shit right from launch. It is a 30fps box at 1080p or less. PS4 versions of games have gotten even more shit during the cross-gen period. You may downplay things like RT, but play games like Control, Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, CP 2077, Dying Light 2, Watch Dogs Legion, etc.. and you will see the benefits. You obviously don't care about quality though.... you are playing on a 1070 and play trash looking games like Dwarf Fortress. LOL

You don't have to buy the latest and greatest. Something like a 3060 Ti is affordable and is much better than a GTX 1070.

Don't give him ideas. He must stay with his 1070 until 2030.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Maroxad

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Like I suspected. The Elon Musk fan who thinks that UE5 should be used for every game had his computer bottleneck, and he blamed the card, rather for learning the actual cause.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Like I suspected. The Elon Musk fan who thinks that UE5 should be used for every game had his computer bottleneck, and he blamed the card, rather for learning the actual cause.

Bottlenecked by a 9600k@4.8 and 16gb ddr4 3200? Think before saying something🤡

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23058 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Bought my PC in december last year. Read some forums etc and as I understood it, the consensus was that 1440p with better performance was preferable. So I went with that. Have no complaints, but ofc I don't know what I'm missing...

You're fine. Unless you're playing on a very large screen, the increased resolution likely isn't even noticeable while in motion.

Bigger numbers get bigger attention, regardless of the real world impact they make.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Maroxad
@BassMan said:
@Maroxad said:

What a list of incredibly mediocre titles. The only title you listed there that is good is Control. Dwarf Fortress is better than every game you listed Combined, and that was just in early access.

And I see the point flew over your head. The point is that, virtually every game coming out today is optimized to run on a PS4. As a consequence, pretty much every PC game can be run on my PC. Even Total War: Warhammer 3 can be run on my PC, albeit, it wont be optimal. But still playable.

Obviously I do care about quality. But the quality I emphasize is in the actual GAME part of a video game. Not the visual spectacle. That is why I don't play garbage like Dying Light 2, Watch Dogs Legion or CP2077.

Even a 3060 TI is around 500 Euro. 500 euro for power that I will not use.

I upgrade my PC when there is actual need for it. But as long as most games are tethered towards the PS4 specs. I have no reason to upgrade.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@BassMan said:
@Maroxad said:

What a list of incredibly mediocre titles. The only title you listed there that is good is Control. Dwarf Fortress is better than every game you listed Combined, and that was just in early access.

And I see the point flew over your head. The point is that, virtually every game coming out today is optimized to run on a PS4. As a consequence, pretty much every PC game can be run on my PC. Even Total War: Warhammer 3 can be run on my PC, albeit, it wont be optimal. But still playable.

Obviously I do care about quality. But the quality I emphasize is in the actual GAME part of a video game. Not the visual spectacle. That is why I don't play garbage like Dying Light 2, Watch Dogs Legion or CP2077.

You're pretty funny. At first, you're telling me how important it is for you to have high frames, cuz you know, advanced gamer n all, but here you're accepting the absolutely bare minimum by saying "but still playable". You're fake, dude. Fake gamer.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Maroxad

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Bottlenecked by a 9600k@4.8 and 16gb ddr4 3200? Think before saying something🤡

No there was clearly a bottleneck somewhere. As others have pointed out. RE8 should have much higher frame rates with a 1070.

And don't worry, at this rate. I wont be upgrading until planned obsolescence makes my card unusable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BassMan

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@BassMan said:
@Maroxad said:

You're pretty funny. At first, you're telling me how important it is for you to have high frames, cuz you know, advanced gamer n all, but here you're accepting the absolutely bare minimum by saying "but still playable". You're fake, dude. Fake gamer.

Yup, he doesn't care about quality. Low spec gamer fine with the basic bitch low quality experience.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Total War: Warhammer 3 is primarily a single player game...

Now what did I say about the importance of high FPS in single player games?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 04dcarraher

@hardwenzen said:

I played it in 1440p. Forget anywhere near maxed out visuals (without rt). You get constant sub 60fps drops and even sub 50fps drops.

What cpu were you using with that GTX 1070? Also was near launch before the patches?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 hardwenzen

@04dcarraher said:
@hardwenzen said:

What cpu were you using with that GTX 1070? Also was near launch before the patches?

posted specs above, and it was on launch day, yes. Am i not supposed to play the game at launch because my outdated gpu needs 30 patches or something?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 hardwenzen
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:
@BassMan said:
@Maroxad said:

Yup, he doesn't care about quality. Low spec gamer fine with the basic bitch low quality experience.

Pretty disgusting tbh. Even i, the biggest cow you will ever see in our solar system, care more about visuals. This is where we're at with maroxad.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Maroxad

@hardwenzen said:
@04dcarraher said:
@hardwenzen said:

posted specs above, and it was on launch day, yes. Am i not supposed to play the game at launch because my outdated gpu needs 30 patches or something?

Generally speaking, you will want to keep your drivers up to date.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@04dcarraher said:
@hardwenzen said:

Generally speaking, you will want to keep your drivers up to date.

Are you serious? I might be a massive cow, but i am not a clueless cow. I update drivers AT LEAST each time i am playing a new release.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#130 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3664 Posts

I have a 50 inch 4K TV with HDR and it makes games on PS4 and Series S look good when enabled. Before that I was gaming on a 42 inch 1080p HDTV which was decent at 720p for certain games though broke after 15 years. Though my 4K TV can't play games at 120 fps. So yeah not going to get the full experience at what I paid for a decent 4K TV.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 04dcarraher

@hardwenzen said:
@04dcarraher said:
@hardwenzen said:

it wasn't the gpu's fault trust me..... the game had major stutter issues even with my rtx 3080ti.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 hardwenzen

@04dcarraher said:
@hardwenzen said:
@04dcarraher said:
@hardwenzen said:

it wasn't the gpu's fault trust me..... the game had major stutter issues even with my rtx 3080ti.

I guess that's a possibility, but the 1070 ain't too hot at 1440p. Even doom eternal, a game that is way better optimized, in heavy fights i was dropping below 60fps, and settings weren't anywhere near maxed out.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 04dcarraher

@hardwenzen said:

I guess that's a possibility, but the 1070 ain't too hot at 1440p. Even doom eternal, a game that is way better optimized, in heavy fights i was dropping below 60fps, and settings weren't anywhere near maxed out.

yea 1440p is pushing it, unless your playing esports,less demanding or older titles. I know my old GTX 1080 barely stayed above 60 fps with Doom Eternal at 1440p with Ultra Nightmare setting.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By BassMan

1080p/60fps is alright, but it is very much the minimum for a decent gaming experience. People should be aiming for 1440p/60fps+ as it is significant;y better and achievable without having to spend a lot of money.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Maroxad

@BassMan said:

1080p/60fps is alright, but it is very much the minimum for a decent gaming experience. People should be aiming for 1440p/60fps+ as it is significant;y batter and achievable without having to spend a lot of money.

Not worth the money. I could be buying at least 10 new games with that money. For graphics settings that I barely notice when playing. As far as my priorities in gaming go. Graphics is near the bottom, alongside Acting Performance and Presentation.

Then there are other factors like power consumption to consider.

I will wait until games stop being designed around PS4 hardware in mind. When my 1070 can no longer run the newest games or if Planned Obsolescence kicks in. I will get new hardware. And by that time the 50XX series will be a thing, or even later generations. Why spend hundreds of euro on power that wont be used? Because by the time I will actually need a better Graphics Card, those will be obsolete.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By BassMan
@Maroxad said:
@BassMan said:

1080p/60fps is alright, but it is very much the minimum for a decent gaming experience. People should be aiming for 1440p/60fps+ as it is significant;y batter and achievable without having to spend a lot of money.

Not worth the money. I could be buying at least 10 new games with that money. For graphics settings that I barely notice when playing. As far as my priorities in gaming go. Graphics is near the bottom, alongside Acting Performance and Presentation.

Then there are other factors like power consumption to consider.

I will wait until games stop being designed around PS4 hardware in mind. When my 1070 can no longer run the newest games or if Planned Obsolescence kicks in. I will get new hardware. And by that time the 50XX series will be a thing, or even later generations. Why spend hundreds of euro on power that wont be used? Because by the time I will actually need a better Graphics Card, those will be obsolete.

I play at 3440x1440/175hz and 4K/120hz. I make use of the GPU power. I have not regularly played at 1080p for around 10 years. My priority is...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Maroxad
@BassMan said:

I play at 3440x1440/175hz and 4K/120hz. I make use of the GPU power. I have not regularly played at 1080p for around 10 years. My priority is...

Well, I want to play good games. And as it happens, the games that actually utilize that power are garbage titles. Watch Dogs, seriously?

The games that are actually good (barring Total War) tend to run just fine on higher graphics, with a 1070.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@BassMan said:

Well, I want to play good games. And as it happens, the games that actually utilize that power are garbage titles. Watch Dogs, seriously?

The games that are actually good (barring Total War) tend to run just fine on higher graphics, with a 1070.

Admit it, you're a mobile gamer.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#139 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Well technically my 77" OLED is 4K and before that I had a 4K OLED since 2016. But the PS4 wasn't close to 4K and the PS5 doesn't do a lot of 4K at 60 fps.

I do play GOW:R, R&C:RA, UC4, HFW, TLOUP1 etc at 4K/40hz mode

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

I like games with Depth.

Mobile games and AAA games tend to lack the actual oomph in mechanics to be that engrossing to me. Games like Factorio, Dwarf Fortress, Paradox Interactive however. Tend to offer depth in spades.

4k resolution wont save a game like God of War: Ragnarok from looking incredibly boring.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By BassMan
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

I like games with Depth.

Mobile games and AAA games tend to lack the actual oomph in mechanics to be that engrossing to me. Games like Factorio, Dwarf Fortress, Paradox Interactive however. Tend to offer depth in spades.

4k resolution wont save a game like God of War: Ragnarok from looking incredibly boring.

Your games are boring, tedious and they do nothing for me. They are about as exciting as working on spreadsheets.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Maroxad
@BassMan said:
@Maroxad said:

I like games with Depth.

Your games are boring, tedious and they do nothing for me. They are about as exciting as working on spreadsheets.

Just like how greater visuals does nothing for me, or a GOOD chunk of gamers out there. Let me remind you that the most popular games on PC look like something that could run on the Switch.

Edit: In fact, many of them, including MineCraft and Fortnite, already do.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By BassMan
@Maroxad said:
@BassMan said:
@Maroxad said:

I like games with Depth.

Just like how greater visuals does nothing for me, or a GOOD chunk of gamers out there. Let me remind you that the most popular games on PC look like something that could run on the Switch.

Edit: In fact, many of them, including MineCraft and Fortnite, already do.

I never played Minecraft or Fortnite either. Never played The Sims, never played DOTA, League of Legends, World of Tanks, etc.. Those games are all massively popular, but do nothing for me. Popularity doesn't mean shit to me. Look at mobile games... they are crazy popular but are trash.

We are obviously very different gamers. You were probably playing Minesweeper back in the day while I was playing DOOM.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Maroxad
@BassMan said:

I never played Minecraft or Fortnite either. Never played The Sims, never played DOTA, League of Legends, World of Tanks, etc.. Those games are all massively popular, but do nothing for me. Popularity doesn't mean shit to me. Look at mobile games... they are crazy popular but are trash.

We are obviously very different gamers. You were probably playing Minesweeper back in the day while I was playing DOOM.

Nah, I played Doom as well. Doom has substance and was mechanically ahead of its competition.

It really stood out compared to the banality of design by committee stuff that are the games that push graphics these days.

I am not averse to good graphics, I am averse to banality. Which every game you listed before falls under (except for Control).

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By BassMan
@Maroxad said:
@BassMan said:

Nah, I played Doom as well. Doom has substance and was mechanically ahead of its competition.

It really stood out compared to the banality of design by committee stuff that are the games that push graphics these days.

I am not averse to good graphics, I am averse to banality. Which every game you listed before falls under (except for Control).

CP 2077 and Metro Exodus are good games and the other games listed are decent. It was just a list of games that make good use of RT to enhance them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

I like games with Depth.

Then stop playing mobile games?

And if you truly believe (i don't think you're this stupid, tho) that Ragnarok is simply incredibly boring, spending too much time playing your ant games has fried your brain.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 hardwenzen
@BassMan said:
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

I like games with Depth.

Bro, he is shittalking our god of war. We need to gank the fk out of this guy.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

And if you truly believe (i don't think you're this stupid, tho) that Ragnarok is simply incredibly boring, spending too much time playing your ant games has fried your brain.

God of War Ragnarok looks boring, not sure if it is really boring. Since I havent played it. But it looks like it was designed for people who were bad at games. Hence all the patronizing we will solve the puzzle for you.

Those "ant games" require far more brain power than GoW has ever done. And while I am at it, so do fighting games and any Bayonetta game.

@BassMan said:

CP 2077 and Metro Exodus are good games and the other games listed are decent. It was just a list of games that make good use of RT to enhance them.

Loading Video...
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

God of War Ragnarok looks boring, not sure if it is really boring. Since I havent played it. But it looks like it was designed for people who were bad at games. Hence all the patronizing we will solve the puzzle for you.

Dwarf Fortress and Paradox require far more brain power than GoW2018. And so do most fighting games and Bayonetta 3.

@BassMan said:

Loading Video...

You stoopid. Ragnarok has amazing writing, you won't find this kind of writing in your ant mobile games. Even if you're a hater, this game is worth playing for the writing alone. Ragnarok is the game that shows everyone how far ahead Sony studios are.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

You stoopid. Ragnarok has amazing writing, you won't find this kind of writing in your ant mobile games. Even if you're a hater, this game is worth playing for the writing alone. Ragnarok is the game that shows everyone how far ahead Sony studios are.

Virtually everyone I know pans the writing. And to bring this thread back to the topic. I don't see how 4k relates to this. Unless 4k somehow makes the writing better.