Another huge XBOX ONE advantage: The next HALO game!!

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

Halo is THE premiere shooter game!! Nothing else compares. It is the shooter that all other shooters strive to be. The Halo series are in a league of their own. It is highly unlikely a better shooter franchise will be released this gen. Halo is the pinnacle of shooters. It is the cream of the crop. Even Titanfall is unlikely to be as good as Halo.

And the ONLY way to play the next Halo game, is to purchase an XBOX ONE!!

#2 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Are lemmings still hyping this mediocre garbage? True gamers knows Destiny is the future of FPS.

#3 Edited by resevl4rlz (3157 posts) -

why bother? halo is another mediocre title. its the same damn game just like previous ones

#4 Edited by mems_1224 (44757 posts) -

Depends on how fast 343 can fix the game after they f*** it up again.

#5 Posted by slipknot0129 (5477 posts) -

Halo 5 is the future. Those Bungie guys had only once chance to make the best games in the world and they blew it off.

#6 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2201 posts) -

lol 343i game. You know it's sad when anything Remedy makes is gonna destroy what 343i are gonna do.

Lems gonna lem.

#7 Posted by drekula2 (1664 posts) -

i'm still butthurt from halo 4 (which didn't innovate the series at all; and in fact made it more linear)

#8 Posted by k2theswiss (16219 posts) -

last halo game that was GREAT ~ 2007!

halo 4 was nice but lets hope 343 learned something.

#9 Posted by BattlefieldFan3 (341 posts) -

You know Halo is f*cked when even the most hardcore lemming doubts the ability of the devs behind the series.

Halo is mediocre. Given it up, thunder. Even RR360DD and mems, the 2 most butthurt lems on this site, don't use Halo as an advantage that the Xbox brand has. Everyone knows Halo 5 gonna get a 75 on meta.

#10 Posted by slipknot0129 (5477 posts) -

why bother? halo is another mediocre title. its the same damn game just like previous ones

Halo is Halo. Its like the classic coke of gaming. Calling Halo mediocre is like calling classic coke mediocre.

#12 Posted by MrXboxOne (679 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

You know Halo is f*cked when even the most hardcore lemming doubts the ability of the devs behind the series.

Halo is mediocre. Given it up, thunder. Even RR360DD and mems, the 2 most butthurt lems on this site, don't use Halo as an advantage that the Xbox brand has. Everyone knows Halo 5 gonna get a 75 on meta.

I will bet you, the next halo game scores better then any PS4 game exclusive indies included (since that's all cows have now) on meta for 2014. deal?

#13 Posted by Sweenix (5100 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@mems_1224 said:

I will bet you, the next halo game scores better then any PS4 game exclusive indies included (since that's all cows have now) on meta for 2014. deal?

Halo outscoring the next uncharted game?

LOL

#14 Edited by millerlight89 (18330 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@mems_1224 said:

After Halo 4, that's a dumb bet.

#15 Posted by jg4xchamp (45956 posts) -

Is it?

It's a popular series. A strong series usually. But does it carry the same weight it did in 2007? I don't think so. It'll move boxes, but Halo being a supreme trump card days are kind of over.

#16 Edited by MrXboxOne (679 posts) -

I say again.........

I will bet you, ANY OF YOU. the next halo game scores better then any PS4 game exclusive, indies included (since that's all cows have now) on meta for 2014. deal?

#17 Edited by super600 (29268 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@mrxboxone said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@mems_1224 said:

LOL

It's not impossible, but it's unlikely.

#18 Edited by super600 (29268 posts) -

And I hope Halo 5 is better than halo 4.And from what I heard it will most likely be better than halo 4.

#19 Edited by Desmonic (10368 posts) -

Well according to most fans (as you already saw during this thread TC) 343i dropped the ball. Still a good game, but not Bungie good at least. We'll see what they can cook this time around. A proper new engine alone would open up loads of possibilities.

#20 Posted by Desmonic (10368 posts) -

@super600: Unless you have your own secret sorce, you heard the same as us :P Aka, the E3 PR talk which may or may not come true when the actual game comes out. We'll just have to wait until they are ready to show some proper gameplay (should be during this next E3 me thinks).

#22 Edited by super600 (29268 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@super600: Unless you have your own secret sorce, you heard the same as us :P Aka, the E3 PR talk which may or may not come true when the actual game comes out. We'll just have to wait until they are ready to show some proper gameplay (should be during this next E3 me thinks).

From what I heard they talked to a bunch of community members and talked a bit about fixing the halo fanbase and that they understand them. Also one 343i employee like a week or two ago talked a bit about Halo 4 and the problems with it.

Here is wan article that summarizes what he said.

http://teambeyond.net/343i-design-director-talks-halo-4-failures/

I just hope they really understand the problems with halo 4 and fix them with halo 5.

#23 Posted by Desmonic (10368 posts) -

@super600 said:

@Desmonic said:

From what I heard they talked to a bunch of community members and talked a bit about fixing the halo fanbase. Also one 343i employee like a week or two ago talked a bit about Halo 4 and the problems with it.

That doesn't mean all that much though. "Fixing" depends on the point of view. They may see that something needs fixing and go the wrong way about it. Or change it in a way that produces no noticeable difference. Or even remove it altogether when the fans may not want that.

Those kind of statements are extremely ambiguous without some solid gameplay to show you what's new and fresh about the game (and what has or hasn't been fixed).

I'm confident they'll do a great job though. They do have the funds and more than enough people to make it work :)

#24 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (770 posts) -

@super600 said:

@Sweenix said:

@mrxboxone said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@mems_1224 said:

LOL

Gamespot loves Halo, it's very possible.

#25 Posted by TF626 (592 posts) -

Black Ops II destroyed Halo 4 in sales. It's not a game changer anymore.

#26 Edited by casharmy (6754 posts) -

Anyone who cares or wants halo that bad will buy a xbone out the gates, looking at the demand for PS4 in comparison to xbone, a lot of people seem to like PS exclusives better or just prefer a steady stream of high quality games.

And no gripes about the price difference between the two systems or releasing a week earlier from lems please. PS3 was $200 more than xbox360 and released a year later and it outsould it every year but 2011. So much for that "huge advantage" of xbox one.

#27 Posted by super600 (29268 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@super600 said:

@Desmonic said:

From what I heard they talked to a bunch of community members and talked a bit about fixing the halo fanbase. Also one 343i employee like a week or two ago talked a bit about Halo 4 and the problems with it.

That doesn't mean all that much though. "Fixing" depends on the point of view. They may see that something needs fixing and go the wrong way about it. Or change it in a way that produces no noticeable difference. Or even remove it altogether when the fans may not want that.

Those kind of statements are extremely ambiguous without some solid gameplay to show you what's new and fresh about the game (and what has or hasn't been fixed).

I'm confident they'll do a great job though. They do have the funds and more than enough people to make it work :)

I meant franchise in that post.And they also do have a much bigger matchmaking team. They just need to know what they are doing.

#28 Edited by super600 (29268 posts) -

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

@super600 said:

@Sweenix said:

@mrxboxone said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@mems_1224 said:

LOL

Gamespot loves Halo, it's very possible.

I was talking about metacritc in my post.Metacritc should not be used to claim ownage on SW.

#29 Posted by super600 (29268 posts) -

@TF626 said:

Black Ops II destroyed Halo 4 in sales. It's not a game changer anymore.

BOII released on the WiiU,PC,360 and PS3While halo 4 released on the Xbox360. I do not know why you are comparing the two games LTD's.

#30 Edited by mems_1224 (44757 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Is it?

It's a popular series. A strong series usually. But does it carry the same weight it did in 2007? I don't think so. It'll move boxes, but Halo being a supreme trump card days are kind of over.

Those days are definitely over unless 343 does something crazy and new but I dont see it happening. Halo 4 was too safe, it felt like they were just checking off boxes off a list. They desperately need help in level design though. Both in single player and multiplayer. The multiplayer maps in Halo 4 were doo doo.

#31 Posted by Desmonic (10368 posts) -

@super600 said:

I meant franchise in that post.And they also do have a much bigger matchmaking team. They just need to know what they are doing.

My post still fully applies either way :P

#32 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

343 vastly improved Halo 4's multiplayer over the course of its life, so I hope they'll at least know how to not mess up their next launch.

But if Halo 5 is just another Halo then it won't do much for the series. Destiny is what Halo 5 would otherwise be, so Halo 5 needs to be something else.

I just hope they don't start tacking on RPG elements, or something silly like that.

#33 Edited by silversix_ (12548 posts) -

What i can't wait is threads about lems justifying Halo 5's 720p, shit's gonna be funny as hell lol dat "cinematic blur"

#34 Edited by the_bi99man (10916 posts) -

Halo is the shooter that all other shooters strive to be.

Half Life says hi. Don't feel bad, though. You're surely not old enough to remember even HL2, let alone the original, genre-defining masterpiece.

#35 Posted by pelvist (4227 posts) -

Never liked a single Halo game personally.

#36 Posted by Suppaman100 (2882 posts) -

@pelvist: Indeed, Halo was never good but most lemmings were impressed because of their low standards.

#37 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1692 posts) -

The hilarious thing is going to be when 343i and their version of Halo gets owned by Bungie and Destiny!!! NOBODY CARES ABOUT HALO ANYMORE LEMS!!!!

#38 Edited by BattleSpectre (4793 posts) -

To be honest I've never been THAT into Halo. I must admit though Halo 2 was the first Halo game I played and back then it was such a big deal, I remember everyone talking about it hell even my local radio stations did. That game impressed me big time, but after that I never felt the same way towards Halo unfortunately. Don't get me wrong I still bought them and played them but I wouldn't go as far as to say they're my favourite games on the Xbox brand.

I hope the new Halo goes balls out and takes things to another level. Regardless of what they do it will sell, and like hotcakes.

#39 Edited by casharmy (6754 posts) -

@pelvist said:

i liked the first halo a lot but then halo 2 was all about multipler that needed $50 to access with a mediocre campaign, ironically, that was the day I purchased my first playstation console. So in essence Halo actually made me become a playstation gamer.

#40 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Master Chief > Some emo in a beanie shooting neon.

#41 Edited by Bigboi500 (27912 posts) -

After the disappointing Halo 4 I'm done with the series.

#42 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (4609 posts) -

Halo and TitanFall, perfect together on the X1.

#43 Posted by nonsoville2 (4121 posts) -

Are you kidding me? Halo sucks some serious ass. I'll never get what's so awesome about that stupid game. I had and xboc and xbox 360 btw and played that trash. All MS does is rehash that trash then throw in some gears of war.. even gears has gotten stale.. i did enjoy the first one tho. Thank god i switched to ps4 this gen.. thank god.

#44 Posted by XboxDone74 (1759 posts) -

More of a disadvantage actually. Now if you had said uncharted or god of war, you'd have something.

#45 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25060 posts) -

Halo WAS all of those things but now, not so much. It'll be funny if Bungie compete with and outdo their former series as they launch around the same time. If H5 is a return to form it'll be the main thing pushing me to get a Bone.

#46 Posted by sukraj (20600 posts) -

@pelvist said:

I only liked the first two halo games.

#47 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

After halo 2, everything went downhill. Couldn't stand halo 3. The flood ship level is one of the most depressing gaming moments I've ever had.

#48 Posted by dvalo9 (1269 posts) -

I love halo, don't get me wrong but it doesn't hold the same power it once did. Destiny on the other hand looks far more ambitious and interesting.

#49 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

Master Chief > Some emo in a beanie shooting neon.

LOL. We've seen what? 3 trailers of Delsin Rowe right? In those three trailers he has had more character than all the games Master Chief has been in put together. If you're argument for why Halo is still a relevant series is that Master Chief is an interesting protagonist then you are going about it the wrooongg way. What a boring character.

Cheeky guy in a beanie shooting fire/smoke/neon/etc and stealing other peoples powers while flying and parkour-ing around Seattle >>> a glorified power ranger

#50 Edited by StormyJoe (4026 posts) -

Are lemmings still hyping this mediocre garbage? True gamers knows Destiny is the future of FPS.

OK, "SuperCow"