Analyst says: The Last of Us is looking to be "Game of the Century"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Game looks boring as hell.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] Since when Eurogamer has done PR for the PS3.lol.. Not Gears of war that is for sure,where allies ran like stupid morons running and gunning and then you would hear them scream for help and you have to help them,or when they refuse to fallow you into a fire fight..rilpas

Where did I mention Gears of War? :?

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth? :|

that's what he does, he counters arguments there were never created in the first place.

I'm guessing it's his way to hide his deep insecurity

Yeah,basically,this thread is 10+ pages of damage control,tormentos making sure no one says a single negative thing about his precious game,or Sony...

The sad thing is,in reality,he most likely doesn't even care about playing it,TLoU means nothing to him as a game,it's just an argument to toss around on a website while claiming "ownage" over other platforms :(

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#403 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="mitu123"] I found The Avengers far less memorable, I remember Bane's quotes more than the majority of the characters, though it's definitely one of 2012's best movies.

soulitane

Yeh, I can't help but find Avengers to be just another popcorn action movie with explosion & stuffs. TDKR is however, just as good as TDK, which was godly.

TDK was much better than TDKR >_>

Lol, not much better.

Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 Allthishate
Member since 2009 • 1879 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]Yes,PR talk usually makes me instantly butthurt :(This "CPU-driven" term,is that supposed to sound like an innovation of some sort?

How many games are there that incorporate AI partners in a good and effective way?And what do you think,what piece of hardware handles AI?

You see,I like the concept surrounding TLoU.But irate cows such as yourself are ruining the entire game for me.An abysmally bad fanbase can spoil even the best of games :(

Rocker6

Since when Eurogamer has done PR for the PS3.lol.. Not Gears of war that is for sure,where allies ran like stupid morons running and gunning and then you would hear them scream for help and you have to help them,or when they refuse to fallow you into a fire fight..

Thats what he does u will get used to it. if u say anything bad towards sony and his dear leader Kaz instantly means your a 360 fan boy and will go into a MS rant .
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]Yes,PR talk usually makes me instantly butthurt :(This "CPU-driven" term,is that supposed to sound like an innovation of some sort?

How many games are there that incorporate AI partners in a good and effective way?And what do you think,what piece of hardware handles AI?

You see,I like the concept surrounding TLoU.But irate cows such as yourself are ruining the entire game for me.An abysmally bad fanbase can spoil even the best of games :(

Rocker6

Since when Eurogamer has done PR for the PS3.lol.. Not Gears of war that is for sure,where allies ran like stupid morons running and gunning and then you would hear them scream for help and you have to help them,or when they refuse to fallow you into a fire fight..

You did not i did,in what place i say you did.? Since you actually claimed that how many games incorporated AI partners in a good and effective way,i actually bring Gears of war which is a game praise by many 360 fans.Which has AI partners...
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 tormentos

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

that's what he does, he counters arguments there were never created in the first place.

Yeah,basically,this thread is 10+ pages of damage control,tormentos making sure no one says a single negative thing about his precious game,or Sony...

The sad thing is,in reality,he most likely doesn't even care about playing it,TLoU means nothing to him as a game,it's just an argument to toss around on a website while claiming "ownage" over other platforms :(

No is 10 pages of tormentos making fun of 360 fans for making pathetic excuses to downplay a game they have never play..
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 tormentos
Game looks boring as hell.Miketheman83
Actually that is more understandable that just attacking the game as a movie,because not all people will find all games to be just as entertaining as the next guy will.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] Since when Eurogamer has done PR for the PS3.lol.. Not Gears of war that is for sure,where allies ran like stupid morons running and gunning and then you would hear them scream for help and you have to help them,or when they refuse to fallow you into a fire fight..tormentos

You did not i did,in what place i say you did.? Since you actually claimed that how many games incorporated AI partners in a good and effective way,i actually bring Gears of war which is a game praise by many 360 fans.Which has AI partners...

You see,when you switch the direction of an argument,and come up with something out of the blue,that counts as putting words in your opponent's mouth ;)

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

tormentos

No is 10 pages of tormentos making fun of 360 fans for making pathetic excuses to downplay a game they have never play..

Hate to break it to you,but in fact,they're the ones making fun of your mindless Sony loyalty.

Do you know how laughable you sound,so fiercly defending a faceless multinational corporation that couldn't care less about you? :(

Harsh truth-to them,you're nothing but free viral advertising,and a source of income...

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
most of the cows here pretend to hype the game for its ''gameplay'' (even if they haven't touch the game ) or try to push like the game is doing things that hasn't been done before n we all know the biggest thing why they hype the game is because of the graphics which at the same time look nothing special,that just my opinion.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

tormentos

lol keep claiming that.

I just find it funny that not even other cows have tried to support your arguments

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Half-Life is praised for what it did for the genre, or most genres in general in that sense. Those of us without the fangoggles however know why there is no episode 3 or Half-Life 3 yet, because it would be a let-down from the get go, in a stagnated genre. Meanwhile hyping up a graphics whoring game like last of us, when zombie survival is undergoing an evolution into player/A.I driven breathing sandbox world that connects players far beyond any fake foul mothed little girl being bad-ass for 10 hours will ever do.tormentos
It was praise because it was a good game. Before it was a movie now is a zombie survival,and you add that is undergoing an evolution into player AI driven breathing sandbox world,to actually counter my argument of when in hell have Zombies cry for mercy so that people don't kill them,when zombies go scavenge for useful things,when zombies shot people with guns.. The fun part is that the Girl is not presented as a bad-ass girl you blindly biased troll,and even the damn journalists state it... """"""The inclusion of Ellie is the game's wildcard. In Uncharted, Sully, Elena and the rest of the gang could take care of themselves - essentially serving as bullet-spitting narrative foils for Nathan Drake. In The Last of Us, Naughty Dog takes this to the next logical level: Ellie needs to be nurtured and protected. While she helps out Joel to the best of her ability, she's far from an indestructible bullet sponge."""""""""""" Now if your bias let you read you will notice how the first thing they say,if that Ellie is not like Uncharted 3 characters,that are bullet sponges,Ellie will die if you don't protect her,basically what he say is the complete opposite of what you claim.. You hate TLOU because is no where else but on PS3 and is killing you...

What are you on about? That gameplay demonstration shows humans crying for mercy not zombies....., all she does is swear and insult that man in his house, she is agressive and full of attitude, you have seen no more than me. Im sure there is some normal emotion in some areas of the game though, that is a no brainer.

Day Z is open world, player run, enemy players are far more threatening than A.I that cannot see around doors....

I can't be bothered for you in this instance, because at the end of the day I know you will play that graphic whoring mindless game for 10 hours then put it on the shelf and be a hipster because its an AAAE, meanwhile you will play it once or twice again and forget about it.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#413 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
I give this thread props for entertainment
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Yeh, I can't help but find Avengers to be just another popcorn action movie with explosion & stuffs. TDKR is however, just as good as TDK, which was godly.mitu123

TDK was much better than TDKR >_>

Lol, not much better.

Narratively TDK was much stronger. TDKR was sort of all over the place and a bit messy. It wasn't a bad movie but there were more pacing issues and plot holes than TDK. Also it made sense for Joker to not really have a motive behind all his stuff as he just loves chaos, but it felt weird for Bane to not really have a driving motive. Just evil for the sake of evil

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 rilpas

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"] TDK was much better than TDKR >_>seanmcloughlin

Lol, not much better.

Narratively TDK was much stronger. TDKR was sort of all over the place and a bit messy. It wasn't a bad movie but there were more pacing issues and plot holes than TDK. Also it made sense for Joker to not really have a motive behind all his stuff as he just loves chaos, but it felt weird for Bane to not really have a driving motive. Just evil for the sake of evil

I love Batman, the comics, games and movies (Adam West, Tim Burton and Nolan)

but the DKR was a huge disappointment

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#416 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

The game looks fantastic, but like every single PS3 exclusive, it will be overhyped by cows as the second coming!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 tormentos

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

Hate to break it to you,but in fact,they're the ones making fun of your mindless Sony loyalty.

Do you know how laughable you sound,so fiercly defending a faceless multinational corporation that couldn't care less about you? :(

Harsh truth-to them,you're nothing but free viral advertising,and a source of income...

As bad as you i may sound... The same could be say about 360 fans even more,because you really have to be a mindless person to defend some of the things MS pull on this industry and its clients..
derptholomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 derptholomew
Member since 2012 • 326 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] No is 10 pages of tormentos making fun of 360 fans for making pathetic excuses to downplay a game they have never play..tormentos

As bad as you i may sound... The same could be say about 360 fans even more,because you really have to be a mindless person to defend some of the things MS pull on this industry and its clients..

work on your english, Then you will sound atleast somewhat smarter, even tho you do defend sony in every post, which is lame but atleast you will sound smarter doing it

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"] No is 10 pages of tormentos making fun of 360 fans for making pathetic excuses to downplay a game they have never play..tormentos

That's your excuse for acting like a mindless Sony drone? :?

Pointing fingers at others, and saying:

"All fanboys do it, so may as well join them. Who needs common sense anyway?"

I'll never understand your kind's mentality...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 tormentos
work on your english, Then you will sound atleast somewhat smarter, even tho you do defend sony in every post, which is lame but atleast you will sound smarter doing itderptholomew
Is that you clone01.?
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 tormentos
That's your excuse for acting like a mindless Sony drone? :?

Rocker6
Before you look at me take a look at your self,and several other blindly biased 360 fans,that will come into a thread without actually play 10 seconds of a game will tag it as a movie,then complain it is another zombie game... You want to at least make a point,point your finder first at the ones your taking side with,before pointing it to me.
derptholomew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 derptholomew
Member since 2012 • 326 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocker6"] That's your excuse for acting like a mindless Sony drone? :?

tormentos
Before you look at me take a look at your self,and several other blindly biased 360 fans,that will come into a thread without actually play 10 seconds of a game will tag it as a movie,then complain it is another zombie game... You want to at least make a point,point your finder first at the ones your taking side with,before pointing it to me.

see what I mean???? you just typed a barley read able paragraph which makes almost no sense, you need to think before you post, point a finder??? what the fvck is that lol
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#423 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Only cows seem to care about the game.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 Rocker6

tormentos

Why are you jumping at conclusions?

Can you even prove that 360 is my system of preference,let alone prove that I own it?

I'm not taking anyone's side here, I'm just trying to figure out more about fanboy mentality...

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 rilpas

tormentos

and yet you keep saying halo 4 is a repetitive game even though you never played

gotta love that hippocrisy

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 tormentos
and yet you keep saying halo 4 is a repetitive game even though you never played

rilpas
No it is a recycle game which is different,is the 4th FPS on the series on 360 alone,then you have Forza and Gears,all in a big marry-go-round since 2006 that gears landed. So how many games like the TLOU are out there from ND so you can even begin to imply that this game is a movie or is another Zombi game
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]and yet you keep saying halo 4 is a repetitive game even though you never played

tormentos

No it is a recycle game which is different,is the 4th FPS on the series on 360 alone,then you have Forza and Gears,all in a big marry-go-round since 2006 that gears landed. So how many games like the TLOU are out there from ND so you can even begin to imply that this game is a movie or is another Zombi game

actually halo 4 looks a lot different from previous games

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#429 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"] TDK was much better than TDKR >_>seanmcloughlin

Lol, not much better.

I actually thought the pacing was fine and while there were plot holes they didn't ruin the movie. Um, dude, Bane's goal was to complete Ras Al Ghul's destiny...

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 rilpas

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Lol, not much better.

mitu123

I actually thought the pacing was fine and while there were plot holes they didn't ruin the movie. Um, dude, Bane's goal was to complete Ras Al Ghul's destiny...

Actually Bane's goal was to be Talia's toady

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 tormentos
actually halo 4 looks a lot different from previous gamesrilpas
But is Halo how far do you think the fruit will fall from the tree..
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#432 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

yea ok its going to be good but if the gamepay is really scripted like how it looks, im going to feel the game is holding my hand too much

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 rilpas
[QUOTE="rilpas"]actually halo 4 looks a lot different from previous gamestormentos
But is Halo how far do you think the fruit will fall from the tree..

meh, the last of us to me looks more and more like Uncharted 4: The Zombie Edition so... *shrugs*
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Lol, not much better.

mitu123

He was to serve talia and her main goal which you just said is still not really a motive. It's recycling the first movie's motive and it's a paper thin one at that. It comes off as cliched. But I still really enjoyed the movie. The last 30 mins were outstanding and very emotional

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#435 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
Thats a really stupid statement with 88 years left to go, especially when you see how fast the games industry moved from the ZX spectrum to the consoles we have now, GOTY maybe, but game of the century, Not a chance,lol
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#436 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Thats a really stupid statement with 88 years left to go, especially when you see how fast the games industry moved from the ZX spectrum to the consoles we have now, GOTY maybe, but game of the century, Not a chance,loldelta3074

You don't understand, I mean Game of the Century 1913-2013 :P.

Anyhow...22 pages O_o jesus man, it just keeps going and going and going :lol:.

kingfire11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 kingfire11
Member since 2005 • 1498 Posts
:lol::lol: What have you done XVision84 :lol::lol: The amount of popcorn I consumed for this thread is too damn high!