Am I the only one enjoying Watch_Dogs so far?

• 181 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I'm mixed towards it. I really enjoyed it at the beginning and then it kinda just lost the appeal then I managed to get into again. I don't know what but theres something thats keeping it from being completely enjoyable to me. I just did the mission where you get the jammers after meeting "Bad Boy"

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Been great so far. I've spent most my time opening up the map, but just about everything I've tried so far has been enjoyable.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I'm actually enjoying it a LOT more than I expected to. I thought the game was gonna be shitty but it's fun

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

yup the game is great, enjoying every moment of it right now. but im still around 20%

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#55 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I cant believe you cant punch random people in the face ? or kick them in stomach

One thing I do while trolling NPC's is find someone on the phone then charge into them so they have to hang up :)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@thehig1 said:

I cant believe you cant punch random people in the face ? or kick them in stomach

One thing I do while trolling NPC's is find someone on the phone then charge into them so they have to hang up :)

yeah, it's odd you can't take them down. Also, you can't seem to blind fire or hip fire (unless i missed something)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By thehig1

@lostrib: kind of reminds me of Driver 2, you could get out the car and run round but not really physically interact with NPC's

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

Yup, though I only started around an hour ago. Still, the game is pretty fun.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@thehig1 said:

what! Thats one of the things I mess with all the time. 
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

best on ps4 the definitive version it's more fun on ps4

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#61 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I really am enjoying it.

My only one gripe is when I go to a story line mission I feel like the game is trying to draw me away from it with all its side content.,

Yeah i am really into it right now. I love the Police A.I. how it isn't GTA A.I. Their pursuit is aggressive as hell and the ctOS response is cool. I was shooting tires out with the sub machine gun and watching the air go out as the vehicle lowers. Little impressive things like that i am picking up. The hacking is pretty seamless and the game still allows the killing of innocent people with a shotgun. Great times!

Yeah I had a hard time outrunning my first group of boys in blue.....but then, I remembered something I had read in the IGN review, that the driving(car chases) was not that great and that you would need to use hacking in some situations to succeed...so I just hacked the traffic light and that definitely slowed them down(almost took me out too lol).

While at first I was somewhat disappointed by this notion(because I love the driving aspect of GTA), I soon changed my opinion because the driving is a lot of fun, and I like the car details and some of things you can do like hide in the car.....the handling is great when you get used to it. Sure it sucks you cannot shoot from the car, but this game has to seperate itself from GTA and kind of forces you to use brawn and brain to solve puzzles, which is great....it's not GTA.... has its own identity.....I wanna see it 'till the end.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

best on ps4 the definitive version it's more fun on ps4

BOOOOOOO!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

Yeah it's pretty good so far.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#64 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

You are not the only one . It is great game.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@thehig1 said:

You're questioning the identity of the game ! man you're hacker and you don't need to punch ppl while you can hack their accounts and do much more stuff , seriously this game knows how to deal with NPCs , in other open-worlds the only thing u can do is punching but here it's much more...

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 thehig1

@mjorh: I get that

But it's an open world and it's fun to assault NPCs

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@mjorh: I get that

But it's an open world and it's fun to assault NPCs

:D , yeah it is , for the sake of not being GTA-clone i'm okay with it.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 thehig1

@mjorh: I guess your right, it's just my every instinct is to punch people in the face :)

I like the game though

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Alucard_Prime

Vehicular Stealth ?

Sounds Good !

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Haven't been able to stop playing all night. I've hardly done any main missions and just keep doing side quests lol.

Some stuff bugs me though in the online invasions and tails, you can be in the middle of something and when someone invades you, and you can't continue until you play along. Drive across town to do a campaign mission? Not until you deal with the invasion first. I had to climb some building and access a terminal to show the side quests in an area, but right before I could hack it, someone invaded me so it locked me out. Had to climb all the way down to search for the hacker. Then I was tailing this guy, and a goddamn dump truck wouldn't move out of the way on a bridge so I lost him.

It's easy to hide from people while hacking them if you can get on a level below or above them if you're near a car garage. You can also usually tell when you're about to get hacked when someone is running around out of place near by.

After a while that shit gets old and annoying as all **** so I turned it off because it's more of a hassle that's not worth the rewards, and you lose almost nothing because your notoriety skills reverse when you fail.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Lulu_Lulu

@Bigboi500

Why would you want to get rewarded ?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bigboi500

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Bigboi500

Why would you want to get rewarded ?

As you gain notoriety you get perks, like armor piercing ammo when you reach 500. Problem is, you lose a certain amount of points when you fail to stop a hack, or lose a tail. So if something dumb happens that's out of your control, like getting stuck behind a garbage truck, or being blocked by a group of NPCs while chasing a data thief, you are penalized. For instance: that happens and if you had 600 notoriety points but failed, you're deducted a hundred or more points some times, so that perk is now locked out again until you reach 500 points or more again.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Enjoying it ? Yeh. But the question is for how long. The game is pretty average in EVERY aspect. And it started to bore me already. And horrible performance doesn´t help either.

I5 4670k, 16 GB and GTX780 here, high settings and FPS still drops to 30 every time that I take a swift turn in my car at high speed. And in overall, the game doesn´t look better than Sleeping Dog. This game looks like 2010 GTAIV for god sake. Next gen my ass. The only thing that looks good are interiors. The gameplay itself is like a mix of Far Cry 3 and Assasin Creed sanbox mechanics. I am always left with a deja vu sensation when I play it.

In the end, I will give it a few hours more to grow on me, or else I will return to Dark Souls 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

What settings are you guys playing it on? I've got the difficulty cranked up and that other setting to realistic--the car chases are pretty thrilling. I played about two hours last night. Not sure how I feel about all the controls--Aiden can't seem to run any faster, and maybe it is just me but the hacking/notification thing has too much info with the amount of npcs on screen. But back to the chases; i like that if you make a really stupid move you are kind of fcked.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Bigboi500

@Heirren said:

What settings are you guys playing it on? I've got the difficulty cranked up and that other setting to realistic--the car chases are pretty thrilling. I played about two hours last night. Not sure how I feel about all the controls--Aiden can't seem to run any faster, and maybe it is just me but the hacking/notification thing has too much info with the amount of npcs on screen. But back to the chases; i like that if you make a really stupid move you are kind of fcked.

On the PS4 the R2 button makes Aiden run faster.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I find ammusement in the fact that most of the complaints about the overall game are just as part of the genre; glad you're enjoying it though tc, chances are most of the people hating on it are just going by reviews.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Bigboi500

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

I'm mixed towards it. I really enjoyed it at the beginning and then it kinda just lost the appeal then I managed to get into again. I don't know what but theres something thats keeping it from being completely enjoyable to me. I just did the mission where you get the jammers after meeting "Bad Boy"

Mixed here too. As you said I enjoyed it at first, but then after the newness wore off I was able to see the flaws. Steering vehicles is awful. Cars driven by NPCs are very slow. There's pop in. Lack of variety in NPCs and vehicles.

The hacking is fun, the gunplay is good. The missions aren't bad per se. It's a fun game by most standards but isn't that "woah" next gen game we all wanted, and sadly isn't anything more than a last gen game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Bigboi500 said:

@Heirren said:

On the PS4 the R2 button makes Aiden run faster.

lol. Thanks. I feel dense. I swear I tried everything! Maybe I was in a position where I could not run.

Here's what I like about Watchdogs. Some guy did something wrong on the street. I didn't see it but I heard it. I was in a car , hit X to look behind me, and saw this guy take off running. I immediately turned the car around and ran over the A-hole half a block down.

I still haven't had the opportunity to fully explore the city, but it sort of feels like chicago at the moment in the very least.

...Also the music is pretty good.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Bigboi500

@Heirren: Don't feel bad, it took me forever to figure out how to put my gun away *tap L1* so NPCs would call the cops on me because I was walking around the streets packing. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Bigboi500 said:

@Heirren: Don't feel bad, it took me forever to figure out how to put my gun away *tap L1* so NPCs would call the cops on me because I was walking around the streets packing. :P

Same! I think once I get all the controls down the game will be even better. I let this chick get killed but it was more do to control issues.

Whoever reviewed the game on this site said the car chases were weak. I question this. What do you guys think?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Bigboi500

So what types of Rewards would make it more fun for you then ? Cosmetic rewards?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45141 Posts

@Stringerboy said:
Loading Video...

you think I can't do that type of thing with any game?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SolidGame_basic

the spider tank mini game is pretty fun lol

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Finally WatchDogs was released after months and months of delays, got my copy Tuesday and finally played it last night for a good 6 hours, after reading the reviews I was a little shocked at how high the review scores were esp so much of the reviews slated alot of things in the game.

I finally started playing the game and wow how rubbish is this game?? I don't know if it's just me or if people are just brushing away the elephant in the room and just giving Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt or what but what have they been doing??

Lets start with the handling of the character, there just doesn't seem to be any flow to movement, I feel like I'm controlling a character out of heavy rain it's so clunky, the way you cover is so unintelligent and so beginning of the PS3 era, the shooting is so off, running just feels horrible, free running lets not go there, esp when their other team have perfected this gameplay in AC, the take down just feels tacked on.

Driving mechanics is thee worst I have ever ever ever had to deal with, mario kart 1 felt better than this, PS2 open world games had better car mechanics than this game, I am willing to go as far as saying this is a game breaker, every car feels the same to drive, clunky, roads seem way to tight for the driving, the hacking is very interesting but way it's a head rush when trying to drive, go into cockpit view and it's basically like you aren't in a car, it's the only way i can drive in this game and i'm not even lying when I say I seem to be able to dodge thru to cars even when it is an impossibility.

The AI is absolutely atrocious, so stupid, seem's to know exactly where you are most of the time, once there onto you, they can seek you out straight away even if you change hiding places, it feels that way anyway.

forget the story it feels meh, I'm not feeling the character or the story, I'm not engaged and I really feel like the game is just not pulling me in at all.

So yea I posted this on a other forum and honestly for a game which has next gen potential elements init and was delayed for a good few months, I honestly feel cheated out of my money for the poor mechanics within the game, I'll keep playing and try and get into it, but wow it hasn't taken any good elements from the AC franchise and it is nothing compared to the quality of GTA5 and even the graphics are poor in comparison.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@PonchoTaco:

Salty about the Wii U version huh? It's ok.

LOL. Why would I buy the Wii U version? It's probably the worst one.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#87  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

The hacking mechanics are great, but its impossible to not compare it to GTA5, which is an infinitely better open world game! The car physics and driving are pretty bad, and there are invisible walls everywhere. Its good, but im disappointed so far.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SolidGame_basic

@PAL360 said:

The hacking mechanics are great, but its impossible to not compare it to GTA5, which is an infinitely better open world game! The car physics and driving are pretty bad, and there are invisible walls everywhere. Its good, but im disappointed so far.

You're definitely not the first to mention the driving. I'm ok with it, don't know what the big deal is.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:
And in overall, the game doesn´t look better than Sleeping Dog. This game looks like 2010 GTAIV for god sake. Next gen my ass. The only thing that looks good are interiors.

the garbage some people spew...hilarious

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#90 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Game is fun, no doubt. Main character is forgettable, and a bit to serious/dramatic but game is good.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#91  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Is it better than Assassin's Creed? Not often I dislike a game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@princessgomez92 said:

I think so. I'm playing the PS4 version by the way. I know a lot of the hate is coming from PC people.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

It ok but not as good as GTA5. Does not deserve hate it getting.

Watch dogs is getting hate because Ubi didn't manage expectations and doing so is important in any business.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@PonchoTaco:

Salty about the Wii U version huh? It's ok.

LOL. Why would I buy the Wii U version? It's probably the worst one.

Dunno. Just sounded like something I should say in SW. xD

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#95  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59013 Posts

It's a good game. Better than Assassins Creed.

It seems Blacklist is Ubisofts best game of recent years.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Ubi laziness aside i'm having alot of fun with it, great game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Bigboi500

@princessgomez92 said:

No. Not better than Black Flag.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I didn't hype it so I'm having a good time. The graphics are meh but I will have to play Gta V on my ps3 to see if it's just me being pessimistic. It feels insanely satisfying killing off all the guards without even stepping in the base. Other times,I feel like some badass action movie guy stealthily picking off guards with my baton and shutting off their systems. I'm trying to do my first play though 100% silent.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'm just glad I didn't pay for it.

lostrib

Forum Posts