Alan Wake never on PC - now confirmed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

What once was, isn't what is.

You abandon GFWL, they abandon you.

Tit for tat, I guess.

BioshockOwnz

You must be joking. A gaming platform with GFWL is not a gaming platform. If I want to play on Xbox, I'll buy an Xbox, thanks. GFWL is nonsense. It is an attempt to turn the PC platform into a cash cow for Microsoft while giving NO services to the users on the platform. It is inferior in every way to the competition. Ventrilo+Steam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GFWL. Understand?

I don't want GFWL because it isn't a gift, it's just an attempted exploit. If I loved Live so much I'd probably be banging my Xbox, instead, I didn't buy one, check that out. All this does is reinforce my need to not be gaming on a Windows platform. I don't want Microsoft to see revenue from me because they don't reinvest that capital in ways that benefit me. How is that tit for tat? How does having, what, 90%+ of the desktop market possibly put Microsoft in a precarious position?

They're simply abandoning us because they don't have to make a single piece of software for Windows to see it remain the dominant gaming platform on the PC. The reason they're making the Xbox is because they can make it a proprietary cash cow. The Xbox 360 is to Microsoft as the Macintosh is to Apple. What boggles MY mind is when people like us who are getting the shaft on the PC market point this out and people buy Xboxes and actually justify it.....when they get into a position of market dominance in the console market it's not like they're going to improve it, they're just going to ruin it and scratch every dollar out from under every surface.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#152 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

the PC will continue to have a future as long as MMO's no matter the quality, are on the market.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

4? No. Count again. And please, don't even attempt to say console games aren't diverse, you'll lose that argument.

ThatGuyFromB4

I did count and there are only 4 and even that's scretching the definition (calling Napoleon: TW an RTS is a bit of a joke) And I'm not saying console games aren't diverse, I'm saying they aren't any more diverse than PC ones

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

That has to be one of the worst excuses I've ever read. Microsoft seems to trying their hardest to lure PC gamers toward the 360. Either way, this is still a day 1 for me provided it doesn't get abysmal reviews.

xsubtownerx

Why must there always be an excuse with SWers? The 360 division wanted a true exclusive, so they made it happen. What's wrong with that? Anyways, this will probably be another one of those 6 months deal. Then again, you never know. It might be for real. Either way, a good game is a good game, so let's hope this game is a good game. :P

The way they said the experience wasn't made for PC and that's the reason why it's 360 exclusive (Pfft). My PC monitor is 28", my TV is 42". I also sit about 2 feet from my PC monitor and 6 feet from my TV. PC monitor takes up 90% of my FOV, while the TV takes up maybe 50-60%, appearing much larger to me at the distance I'm sitting. And my computer chair is really comfy. Due to the higher resolution and the fact that my 360 controller is compatible with my PC makes Microsoft's reason seem baseless. Microsoft could at least come out and say something along the lines of "Screw your PC, buy a 360".

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#155 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="hypoty"]

That has to be one of the worst excuses I've ever read. Microsoft seems to trying their hardest to lure PC gamers toward the 360. Either way, this is still a day 1 for me provided it doesn't get abysmal reviews.

hypoty

Why must there always be an excuse with SWers? The 360 division wanted a true exclusive, so they made it happen. What's wrong with that? Anyways, this will probably be another one of those 6 months deal. Then again, you never know. It might be for real. Either way, a good game is a good game, so let's hope this game is a good game. :P

The way they said the experience wasn't made for PC and that's the reasons why it's 360 exclusive (Pfft). My PC monitor is 28", my TV is 42". I also sit about 2 feet from my PC monitor and 6 feet from my TV. PC monitor takes up 90% of my FOV, while the TV takes up maybe 50-60%, appearing much larger to me at the distance I'm sitting. And my computer chair is really comfy. Due to the higher resolution and the fact that my 360 controller is compatible with my PC makes Microsoft's reason seem baseless. Microsoft could at least come out and say "Screw your PC, buy a 360".

My point was that it didn't matter what the reason was, people were going to complain anyways. Lucky for me, I just get to sit and laugh. :P
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"] Why must there always be an excuse with SWers? The 360 division wanted a true exclusive, so they made it happen. What's wrong with that? Anyways, this will probably be another one of those 6 months deal. Then again, you never know. It might be for real. Either way, a good game is a good game, so let's hope this game is a good game. :Pxsubtownerx

The way they said the experience wasn't made for PC and that's the reasons why it's 360 exclusive (Pfft). My PC monitor is 28", my TV is 42". I also sit about 2 feet from my PC monitor and 6 feet from my TV. PC monitor takes up 90% of my FOV, while the TV takes up maybe 50-60%, appearing much larger to me at the distance I'm sitting. And my computer chair is really comfy. Due to the higher resolution and the fact that my 360 controller is compatible with my PC makes Microsoft's reason seem baseless. Microsoft could at least come out and say "Screw your PC, buy a 360".

My point was that it didn't matter what the reason was, people were going to complain anyways. Lucky for me, I just get to sit and laugh. :P

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your post. I still intend to buy it on release, and complaining is a fun way to fill time until then.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

[QUOTE="LiquidSnake1001"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Microsofts support for PC gaming is god awful thats for sure.

Why should they support it.

Are you serious? The PC is the sole reason MS even exist let alone have a console division.

But not for gaming, for gaming the XBOX is the sole reason for them to exist, and for PC the Windows OS is the sole reason for existing... doesn't mean they ahve to support gaming on their OS... otherwise every multiplatform game on windows is a microsoft exclusive regardless if its on the 360 or not, but Gamespot sees them as seperate platforms, so MS can put games on their native platform, the xbox, and leave the PC to 3rd party developers that want the difficulty of programming for such a wide variety of hardware styles.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

]I'm sure people everywhere are just holding their breath in anticipation for SILENT HUNTER 5, submarine simulator. Again, the majority of that list is a bunch of garbage no one cares about.

ThatGuyFromB4

and I am sure you are as much correct this time as you were last time when you said that the list was populated with RTS :roll:

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

I told people this would happen a year ago. THis is MS, it was obvious this would happen. Even Sony is a huge PCgaming supporter compared to MS. Microsoft hasn't released a single PC game in almost three years, they killed all PC teams that had and got rid of all 3rd party PC devs. Why did people assume Alan Wake would somehow be an exception?

mythrol

Yeah. Sony's a huge supporter for PC games. That's why we've seen UC2, KZ2, inFAMOUS, and any number of PS3 exclusives shipping on PC also. Pssh. Give me a freaking break. You'll full of crap. There's a ton more MSFT funded 360/PC games than PS3/PC Sony funded games.

This right here is gold, almost sig worthy but not funny enough.

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#160 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

they ruined a good game by consolizing it, then cancel the pc version? ok whatever, I don't want it anymore if it isn't what the early previews suggested. This shouldn't be surprising, Microsoft makes tons of money from selling 360 games, absolutely nothing from selling pc games

blizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 blizzle
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts

Now confirmed, I will never play this game. I admit it looked interesting but no game in the world will convince me to buy a POS 360.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Espada12

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

4? No. Count again. And please, don't even attempt to say console games aren't diverse, you'll lose that argument.

AdrianWerner

I did count and there are only 4 and even that's scretching the definition (calling Napoleon: TW an RTS is a bit of a joke) And I'm not saying console games aren't diverse, I'm saying they aren't any more diverse than PC ones

If you look at his posting history you shouldn't even bother reasoning with that guy dude.

ThatGuyFromB4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ThatGuyFromB4
Member since 2009 • 697 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

Espada12

If you look at his posting history you shouldn't even bother reasoning with that guy dude.

You got nothing better to do than read my posting history? :|

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#164 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

there a plenty exclusives coming to pc in 2010 and because u dislike a genre you can't say it does't count honestly this is the mian tactic people use to try prove there point on pc gaming dying and being crap they completly disregard the strengths of the platform saying it doesn't count and then declare it sucks....

heres a list of some of the released and upcoming pc exclusives for 2010

Starcraft 2

Napoleon total war

Comand and conquer 4

Elemental war on magic

Dawn of war 2 chaos rising

Amnesia the dark Decent

Drakensang river of time

The witcher 2

Knights of the old republic online

Wow catalysm

Arma 2 operation arrowhead

Tactical intervention

Stalker call of pipyrat

Natural selection 2

Global agenda

Red orcehstra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad

Ground Breach

Starfox: shadows of lylat

Silent hunter V

World of tanks

PT boats: Knights of the sea

Storm of war: Battle of Britian

DJ_Headshot

Interesting list. Though, there's only one game on the list that interests me. The Witcher 2 and it is coming to consoles, so a little mistake there.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

I'm sure people everywhere are just holding their breath in anticipation for SILENT HUNTER 5, submarine simulator. Again, the majority of that list is a bunch of garbage no one cares about.

ThatGuyFromB4

-sigh-

Starcraft 2- sequel to the most popular RTS of all time.

Napoleon total war - Sequel to another popular RTS franchise.

Comand and conquer 4 - sequel to another one of the most popular RTS franchises ever.

Elemental war on magic - new RTS from Stardock.

Dawn of war 2 chaos rising - sequel to another popular RTS series.

The witcher 2 - sequel to the widely praised WRPG.

Knights of the old republic online - Star Wars MMORPG from Bioware.

Wow catalysm - Expansion to arguably the most popular game out right now.

Arma 2 operation arrowhead - Expansion to what is considered the best milsim.

Stalker call of pipyrat- second sequel in the popular STALKER series, received an AA score here at GS.

Natural selection 2 - sequel to a popular and well received Half-Life mod. This game uses a proprietary engine.

Red orcehstra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad - sequel to Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, which has sold around 400,000 copies as of April 2009.

Silent hunter V - yes, a submarine sim, but the series has been around since 1996, so I'd say that is saying something about its popularity.Sure, it's a niche game, but to say no one cares about it is silly.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]I did count and there are only 4 and even that's scretching the definition (calling Napoleon: TW an RTS is a bit of a joke) And I'm not saying console games aren't diverse, I'm saying they aren't any more diverse than PC ones

ThatGuyFromB4

You got nothing better to do than read my posting history? :|

You got nothing better to do than post on a forum? Of course I don't have anything better to do, because if I did I wouldn't have bothered looking at your posting history.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#167 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

What was the deal on Alan Wake anyway? Read up about it and it never interested me.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

I'm sure people everywhere are just holding their breath in anticipation for SILENT HUNTER 5, submarine simulator. Again, the majority of that list is a bunch of garbage no one cares about.

TreyoftheDead

-sigh-

Starcraft 2- sequel to the most popular RTS of all time.

Napoleon total war - Sequel to another popular RTS franchise.

Comand and conquer 4 - sequel to another one of the most popular RTS franchises ever.

Elemental war on magic - new RTS from Stardock.

Dawn of war 2 chaos rising - sequel to another popular RTS series.

The witcher 2 - sequel to the widely praised WRPG.

Knights of the old republic online - Star Wars MMORPG from Bioware.

Wow catalysm - Expansion to arguably the most popular game out right now.

Arma 2 operation arrowhead - Expansion to what is considered the best milsim.

Stalker call of pipyrat- second sequel in the popular STALKER series, received an AA score here at GS.

Natural selection 2 - sequel to a popular and well received Half-Life mod. This game uses a proprietary engine.

Red orcehstra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad - sequel to Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, which has sold around 400,000 copies as of April 2009.

Silent hunter V - yes, a submarine sim, but the series has been around since 1996, so I'd say that is saying something about its popularity.Sure, it's a niche game, but to say no one cares about it is silly.

amnesia the dark descent is from frictional games the guys who made the penumbra series so you can add that to the list of games from established devlopers or series.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#169 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

MS is cornering cows, the didn't make a decent PC game after GeOW .......... they finally realized that many cows have gaming PCs.

visionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 visionary
Member since 2002 • 14739 Posts

I told people this would happen a year ago. THis is MS, it was obvious this would happen. Even Sony is a huge PCgaming supporter compared to MS. Microsoft hasn't released a single PC game in almost three years, they killed all PC teams that had and got rid of all 3rd party PC devs. Why did people assume Alan Wake would somehow be an exception?

AdrianWerner

Oh come on, Microsoft shares so many titles with the PC and the Xbox 360, not to mention last generation when they ported two versions of there biggest franchise at that time. (Halo, and Halo 2) Which granted, they were supposed to land on the PC before Bungie became a first party developer anyway, but it really didn't need to happen. They take Alan Wake away and suddenly they're a horrible PC supporter, in a world in which Sony is beloved for their overwhelming PC support o_O? (even though MMO's shouldn't even count, they're making money off of you continually, enough motivation there). What happened to the criticism over Heavy Rain becoming a PS3 exclusive despite the fact that it was originally heading for the PC as well. I won't even mention as to where you'd be without that OS of yours either (assuming you don't care about compatibility issues). This move sucks for alternative gamers but painting MS as the villain for providing the 360 with a little bit of leverage is petty.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#171 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Interesting list. Though, there's only one game on the list that interests me. The Witcher 2 and it is coming to consoles, so a little mistake there.

Icarian

The Witcher 2and Deus Ex 3 aren't confirmed for consoles. CD Projekt only mentioned their will to release something for consoles, probably the now defunct Rise of the White Wolf.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#172 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
[QUOTE="mythrol"][QUOTE="aaronmullan"][QUOTE="mythrol"] Enjoy missing out on another great 360 exclusive.

Well, if it's "best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen" then there is no point in playing it. Oh well :)

Yes, obviously all games played on consoles are worthless. Thanks for clearing that up.

Their words not mine. They cut the PC version completely and gave that reason. Heh :P
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 TreyoftheDead

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

visionary

Oh come on, Microsoft shares so many titles with the PC and the Xbox 360, not to mention last generation when they ported two versions of there biggest franchise at that time. (Halo, and Halo 2) Which granted, they were supposed to land on the PC before Bungie became a first party developer anyway, but it really didn't need to happen. They take Alan Wake away and suddenly they're a horrible PC supporter, in a world in which Sony is beloved for their overwhelming PC support o_O? (even though MMO's shouldn't even count, they're making money off of you continually, enough motivation there). What happened to the criticism over Heavy Rain becoming a PS3 exclusive despite the fact that it was originally heading for the PC as well. I won't even mention as to where you'd be without that OS of yours either (assuming you don't care about compatibility issues). This move sucks for alternative gamers but painting MS as the villain for providing the 360 with a little bit of leverage is petty.

They used to.

Fable 1, on PC.

Fable 2, not on PC.

Gears of War, on PC (not available on any DD service other than Gamestop)

Gears of War 2, not on PC.

Halo 1 and 2 on PC (neither available on any DD service atm, not even Microsoft's own GFWL Marketplace.)

Halo 3, not on PC.

Alan Wake, cancelled for PC.

Ensemble and other PC centric studios shut down.

Niko-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Niko-
Member since 2010 • 51 Posts

Wow that does suck but whatever I'm still going to get it on 360 anyway.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

If the game is becoming linear and more of an action adventure game, I really don't care that much.DragonfireXZ95

Pretty much this.

visionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 visionary

[QUOTE="visionary"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

TreyoftheDead

They used to.

Fable 1, on PC.

Fable 2, not on PC.

Gears of War, on PC (not available on any DD service other than Gamestop)

Gears of War 2, not on PC.

Halo 1 and 2 on PC (neither available on any DD service atm, not even Microsoft's own GFWL Marketplace.)

Halo 3, not on PC.

Alan Wake, cancelled for PC.

Ensemble and other PC centric studios shut down.

Place that within the context of my post (as if to imply that MS's mission is to destroy PC gaming as a whole, which is completely moronic when you think about them and the OS business) just how many first party titles are shared between the other two major console companies and the PC compared to Microsoft (past and future) o_O. As for Ensemble, it's not like they were picked up by MS and later destroyed, they've pretty much been with them since the get-go. Suddenly, if a PC studio shuts down under another publisher, that corporation is after the PC? Let's just forget about all the good that "said" studio provided for PC gaming in the past.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Espada12

Place that within the context of my post (as if to imply that MS's mission is to destroy PC gaming as a whole, which is completely moronic when you think about them and the OS business) just how many first party titles are shared between the other two major console companies and the PC compared to Microsoft o_O. As for Ensemble, it's not like they were picked up by MS and later destroyed, they've pretty much been with them since the get-go. Suddenly, if a PC studio shuts down under another publisher, that corporation is after the PC? Let's just forget about all the good that "said" studio provided for PC gaming in the past.

visionary

MS shut down every PC dev they had, the freelance devs, ensemble, the flight sim devs, FASA etc.. it's not just 1 pc dev. MS is all about the 360, they do not care about PC gaming as they actually make very little from it, they want the 360 to become the gaming platform of pc gamers so they can milk us.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
Why are people attacking Microsoft for not supporting the PC :roll: PC fanboys are starting to sound a lot like Sony fanboys now. Believe it or not, Microsoft don't owe you PC gamers anything. When was the last time Nintendo made a PC game? Do they get the same hate?
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Espada12

Why are people attacking Microsoft for not supporting the PC :roll: PC fanboys are starting to sound a lot like Sony fanboys now. Believe it or not, Microsoft don't owe you PC gamers anything. When was the last time Nintendo made a PC game? Do they get the same hate?Anjunaddict

People aren't attacking MS for not supporting PC gaming, they are merely showing that MS doesn't do it. As for you logic there, it's quite flawed, when has nintendo pulled a PC game and made it nintendo exclusive, and shut down tons of PC devs?

visionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 visionary

[QUOTE="visionary"]

Place that within the context of my post (as if to imply that MS's mission is to destroy PC gaming as a whole, which is completely moronic when you think about them and the OS business) just how many first party titles are shared between the other two major console companies and the PC compared to Microsoft o_O. As for Ensemble, it's not like they were picked up by MS and later destroyed, they've pretty much been with them since the get-go. Suddenly, if a PC studio shuts down under another publisher, that corporation is after the PC? Let's just forget about all the good that "said" studio provided for PC gaming in the past.

Espada12

MS shut down every PC dev they had, the freelance devs, ensemble, the flight sim devs, FASA etc.. it's not just 1 pc dev. MS is all about the 360, they do not care about PC gaming as they actually make very little from it, they want the 360 to become the gaming platform of pc gamers so they can milk us.

Ok, aside from Ensemble, for the purposes of my own education. Which devs did MS shut down exactly since I keep hearing this without a concrete list, (which directly affected PC gamers), and just for fun tell me if you actually paid and played those titles with the joy I assume you complainers have. If you answer no to any of this, you can understand purely from a business perspective why these developers were shut down o_O.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="Anjunaddict"]Why are people attacking Microsoft for not supporting the PC :roll: PC fanboys are starting to sound a lot like Sony fanboys now. Believe it or not, Microsoft don't owe you PC gamers anything. When was the last time Nintendo made a PC game? Do they get the same hate?Espada12

People aren't attacking MS for not supporting PC gaming, they are merely showing that MS doesn't do it. As for you logic there, it's quite flawed, when has nintendo pulled a PC game and made it nintendo exclusive, and shut down tons of PC devs?

Well ive seen people say that even Sony support the PC more than Microsoft, which got me thinking who cares. Nintendo choose to not support the PC. Microsoft have obviously now chosen to drop PC support and focus on the 360, i really don't see any problem with that. It does make sense, whether you're angry over it or not. As for the closing of all those PC devs, well yes its unfortunate but again its a business. What use is having a load of PC focused devs when you don't want to support the PC.
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 TreyoftheDead

Ok, aside from Ensemble, for the purposes of my own education. Which devs did MS shut down exactly since I keep hearing this without a concrete list, (which directly affected PC gamers), and just for fun tell me if you actually paid and played those titles with the joy I assume you complainers have. If you answer no to any of this, you can understand purely from a business perspective why these developers were shut down o_O.

visionary

Why do we have to enjoy those titles to prove a point?

They closed them down so that they can focus on developing for the 360, which is a smart move business wise. The PC is a competitor for them now that they have their own console in the market, if you want people to buy your console, you don't give them any other options.

visionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 visionary

[QUOTE="visionary"]

TreyoftheDead

They closed them down so that they can focus on developing for the 360, which is a smart move business wise. The PC is a competitor for them now that they have their own console in the market, if you want people to buy your console, you don't give them any other options.

Because it's naive to ignore the business side of things and simply villianise every decision that's made because of one less PC-centric developer. If these companeis were shut down due to a general lack of interest or sales then I'm not going to pretend like these were bad decisions simply because a developer got shut down, something that happens all the time.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 TreyoftheDead

[QUOTE="TreyoftheDead"]

visionary

Because it's naive to ignore the business side of things and simply villianise every decision that's made because of one less PC-centric developer. If these companeis were shut down due to a general lack of interest or sales then I'm not going to pretend like these were bad decisions simply because a developer got shut down, something that happens all the time.

Err, pretty sure I stated in my post that it was a business move, so I'm definitely not ignoring that. Also, I don't recall casting MS as the villain, simply saying that they are dropping most of their support for the PC, which is true. And again, it makes sense from a business perspective, they stand a chance at losing potential 360 console sales if a game people want is available on the PC and 360. Best way to combat that? Make sure games are only available on the 360.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts
Does everyone really play their console from a couch on a big tv? I play both my PC and 360 from the same computer monitor...so it's like the same experience except for the controller.WithoutGraceXII
I play from my lounge chair in my den in front of a 50"in HDTV. I have a wide 19" monitor for my PC. Playing games on my console in my den is better, as everything is hooked up to my receive and I have 5:1 Dolby Digital surround sound. My PC speakers are weak. My PC is weak. lol!! It'll play Starcraft though, so I can wait for that.
visionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 visionary

[QUOTE="visionary"]

[QUOTE="TreyoftheDead"]

TreyoftheDead

Err, pretty sure I stated in my post that it was a business move, so I'm definitely not ignoring that. Also, I don't recall casting MS as the villain, simply saying that they are dropping most of their support for the PC, which is true. And again, it makes sense from a business perspective, they stand a chance at losing potential 360 console sales if a game people want is available on the PC and 360. Best way to combat that? Make sure games are only available on the 360.

Well that's the problem with quoting, when you reply to a post I've made to another user with a list of titles that's made to support his argument, I'll naturally assume you support his other opinions as well but my mistake. As for this Alan Wake move, I stated very early in this thread what this excuse really means, a recognizable exclusive for the 360, given the system's relatively weak list this year. My argument was that this doesn't suddenly make MS an enemy of the PC especially when you have someone else saying Sony's an even bigger supporter despite the fact that they pulled the same exact move on Heavy Rain. You could mention Sony's MMO's but the financial gain from that speaks for itself.

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#187 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

So the game lost a lot of it's good features in order to suit the new platform? :(

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#188 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts

Ouch, one less AAA. I'm glad MS got its **** together and is keeping its titles only on 360. A very smart business decision on their part.

BioShockOwnz
So you're glad? now less people will be able to play the game, really nice of you. Anyway, this was pretty much confirmed
Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

I don't know if it's just me but I feel being so close to the computer screen immerses me a lot more than playing from my couch. I've always felt more immersed by games such as Half-Life, Crysis and Stalker than I did by Halo or Resistance.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

People are acting like this is news. This was known months ago. If you really want a game buy the 360.

People complain that Msoft puts out games on the PC and 360 and when a game comes out only for 360 they complain as well.

Can't make everyone happy nor should you try.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

So the game lost a lot of it's good features in order to suit the new platform? :(

longtonguecat

And yet it will still score AAA. I will be so upset while playing a AAA game. :roll:

MC3887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 MC3887
Member since 2009 • 1507 Posts

The funny thing is that cows say MS doesn't own PC, if they don't why support it? So why complain.

Idream2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Idream2010
Member since 2010 • 469 Posts

just another reason to show why PC gaming is dying.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
no wonder those crysis level graphics and physics they showed off have disappeared and now looks like your average 360 game. The stuff that was looking great about it had gone at e3 last year. now looks like typical linear action game.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#195 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
no wonder those crysis level graphics and physics they showed off have disappeared and now looks like your average 360 game. The stuff that was looking great about it had gone at e3 last year. now looks like typical linear action game. imprezawrx500
Yes Crysis was such a deep deep game for an FPS.. In fact there's no way a console game could ever be better than a PC game when it comes down to gameplay. That would just be crazy, man! CRAZY! :roll:
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]no wonder those crysis level graphics and physics they showed off have disappeared and now looks like your average 360 game. The stuff that was looking great about it had gone at e3 last year. now looks like typical linear action game. xsubtownerx
Yes Crysis was such a deep deep game for an FPS.. In fact there's no way a console game could ever be better than a PC game when it comes down to gameplay. That would just be crazy, man! CRAZY! :roll:

So that's why most console shooters are linear, ah. I see your awesome logic :roll:
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

lol im still laughing over that dumb excuse:lol:

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts

[QUOTE="mythrol"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

Espada12

Yeah. Sony's a huge supporter for PC games. That's why we've seen UC2, KZ2, inFAMOUS, and any number of PS3 exclusives shipping on PC also. Pssh. Give me a freaking break. You'll full of crap. There's a ton more MSFT funded 360/PC games than PS3/PC Sony funded games.

Wow, you're so red in the face you didn't even realize it was a JOKE! :shock:
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="mythrol"] Yeah. Sony's a huge supporter for PC games. That's why we've seen UC2, KZ2, inFAMOUS, and any number of PS3 exclusives shipping on PC also. Pssh. Give me a freaking break. You'll full of crap. There's a ton more MSFT funded 360/PC games than PS3/PC Sony funded games.Nerkcon

Wow, you're so red in the face you didn't even realize it was a JOKE! :shock:

Which part is the joke? I seriously can't tell.

MC3887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 MC3887
Member since 2009 • 1507 Posts

no wonder those crysis level graphics and physics they showed off have disappeared and now looks like your average 360 game. The stuff that was looking great about it had gone at e3 last year. now looks like typical linear action game. imprezawrx500

It looks better than the 06' demo you are talking about also, the tornados and the physics are still there.. It is open world during day time, stop hating on consoles.