ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts

I first got into Final Fantasy when FF7 came out in 1997 and i was walking around a shop and saw it not knowing anything about Final Fantasy at the time. When i finally brought it i played through the game and thought it was brilliant.

After a couple of years i found out FF8 was coming out and when it did i rented it and thought it wasnt as good as FF7, after about a year i brought FF8 played through it and thought it was awsom and that was the point when Final Fantasy took a grip on my life and i have spent many hours perfecting them and if i didnt would have probably spent them hours in front of the TV so im not disapointed:p

I actually got myself into FF, but how did you guys?

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
i got into final fantasy after i had seen a poster of squall i thought he was so cute :oops: and i got it to see what's the game about and i liked it , i can say it hooked me to the series and it was my favourite ff game
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#3 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts
Hrm, back in junior high or high school my friend went awol for a while with a new game FF6 (FF3, whatever).  Mmmm, the SNES days...
holeinyourhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 holeinyourhead
Member since 2003 • 1243 Posts
my friend played FFX all the time, and I bought 9 and loved it
keybearer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 keybearer91
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

i was walking through my local video store in ak, and i saw my first 4 disc game, final fantasy 8. thats what got me to rent it and then become obsessed with the series. 4 discs just blew me away. i was 8 or 9 i think.

JhasNeeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JhasNeeh
Member since 2005 • 67 Posts
FFVII was brought to my attention by an arrogant shop assistant who couldn't be bothered with a proper refund for a bad copy of Theme Hospital so told me to just pick a game of the same price from the preowned section. FFVII was the only one with the same price, and the back looked intriging. I had no idea what it was about, but had heard a few good things about it before.

My Brother demanded first go when I got home - thankfully he died at the first boss and went right off the game - whereas I was instantly addicted.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
i got into final fantasy after i had seen a poster of squall i thought he was so cute :oops: and i got it to see what's the game about and i liked it , i can say it hooked me to the series and it was my favourite ff game gamingqueen
:lol: what a way to get into FF
menniss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 menniss
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts
My brothers friend had played ffvii and on and he rented ffx one day and I picked it up when he wasn't playing it and I have been hooked ever since. The crazy thing is that I played about two hours of ffx without saving because I didn't have the memory to save so I had to play the frist part of the game over. So thanks to my brothers friend.
darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
I got into Final Fantasy by playing FF: Mystic Quest.
zombie3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 zombie3k
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts
Well a little while before FFVII came out I was playing Tomb Raider. All the magazines were saying how great TR was and then this game called FFVII arrived and all the magazines were scoring FFVII above TR. I loved TR and I didn't believe that this crappy blond haired bloke could provide a better game then Lara. So I thought I would try it so I could laugh at it. From the opening FMV I was hooked and I've never looked back.
Franknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Franknight
Member since 2004 • 5003 Posts

My best friend Dimitri did so, it was final fantasy VI for snes.

kjata123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 kjata123
Member since 2004 • 5785 Posts
best friend got me playing the series now i own ff7,8,9,10,10-2
Rossuron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rossuron
Member since 2003 • 473 Posts
I was at least in Grade 9 (2000 or 2001) wyhen my brother brought home Final Fantasy 7 from a friend. This friend let him keep it because he was done with it and my brother was willing to give it a try. I watched him play a little until he died at the red scorpion in the reactor. He said he didn't like it so I asked if I could play and he said that I could have it. Ever since I first played it / owned it, I loved it. I played through 7 and then I went ahead and got FF X.... and so on. That is how I got inot FF, and the remarkable part was that I didn't even have to pay for FF 7!
SladeMcGowan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SladeMcGowan
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts

My television!  I was always an rpgamer!  I love Final Fantasy and all things pertaining to it!

Cheers!

Jessica

PAJ89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#15 PAJ89
Member since 2003 • 2020 Posts

I'd just got a Playstation a couple months after Final Fantasy VII was released (first console since Sega Megadrive/Genesis), and was just getting into games properly. Obviously I wasn't savvy with the big games coming out and all, but I'd heard a lot of fuss about it. Hearing it was a similar game to Wild ARMs (which I love by the way, top game) which I owned, I rented the game. I was quite intrigued, not blown away, but I wanted to keep going. After the stingy rental period was up, I asked for the game for my birthday. I got it then, played it, loved it, and bought more FFs. The next was IX, then VIII, then IV and V (PS remakes), then VI (PS remake) and then X.

The whole finding out about FFVII thing may not be 100% accurate (my memory is hazy :P) but it's something along those lines :D

manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
My uncle bought FF7 on the day it came out here in Europe, having gotten into the hype. He hated it so he let me play it and I came to adore the game even if i was only 7 and was terrible at the time.
andywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 andywray
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts

Me and my friend still laugh about how I was completely against FF at the start! He was in HMV and he saw FFVIII, picked it up and I quickly said "Looks crap, I wouldn't buy it." Ignoring my critique he bought the game and we went to his house to give it a whirl. I watched him play it for a bit and the lack of interest slowly dissipated and was replaced by entrigue. I kept asking him what he was doing (I didn't get the junctioning system back then!) and he kept trying to explain it. Once it finally sunk in I realised the game could actually be incredibly interesting and the graphics (at the time) looked pretty badass! So the next day I went and bout my own copy, a bargain at £9.99!

mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 mr_bri9htside
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts
The commercial for X-2 got me like "whoe.....cool!" so I got Final Fantasy X. And now I love the series.
gamerrgurrl9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerrgurrl9
Member since 2005 • 1982 Posts
Playing the FFX demo
manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
The commercial for X-2 got me like "whoe.....cool!" so I got Final Fantasy X. And now I love the series.mr_bri9htside

Theres a first, someone getting into the series after seeing FFX-2.
OoMandaloreoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OoMandaloreoO
Member since 2005 • 6280 Posts
my mums boyfriend
sniper_8910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sniper_8910
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
me, I actually found final fantasy 8 at a pawn shop one day and started to play more.
Avatar image for Playstationgeek
Playstationgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Playstationgeek
Member since 2005 • 564 Posts
my best mate and the person i looked upto got me into FF8 :)
raiden300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 raiden300
Member since 2005 • 1454 Posts

when i got my ps-1 in 1995 i was always getting the official mag and it was their coverage and hype about VII that peaked my interest, it sounded like something i would enjoy and was i ever right

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts
The internet
lance227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lance227
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I got into Final Fantasy in 2001. My friends talked about it a lot (it was FF9 at the time). So when I got a PS1 it was one of the first games i bought. I got a thing for medieval stuff, the graphics and layout were pretty good, so put 2 and 2 together... Since then I've played and finished FF7, FF8, FF9 and FFT. Still like 9 the best because of the setting although 7 is a close 2nd.
Dante-2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dante-2006
Member since 2004 • 2299 Posts
I got in to Final Fantasy when i seen a trailer for Final Fantasy X and i went and got the game the next day and i was hooked after that
OoMandaloreoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OoMandaloreoO
on second though my sister did when she got FFVII
Briantb_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Briantb_2008
Member since 2005 • 1419 Posts
Me, remember seeing the FFVIII commercial and then bough it when i say it again in the store. I was playing the first FF before that on the Nes but didn't have the game any more.
OoMandaloreoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OoMandaloreoO
Me, remember seeing the FFVIII commercial and then bough it when i say it again in the store. I was playing the first FF before that on the Nes but didn't have the game any more.Briantb_2008
the first final fantasy suck. like 1 and 2
andywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 andywray
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts
[QUOTE="Briantb_2008"]Me, remember seeing the FFVIII commercial and then bough it when i say it again in the store. I was playing the first FF before that on the Nes but didn't have the game any more.OoMandaloreoO
the first final fantasy suck. like 1 and 2

Yeah, I don't own my own NES so I played them at a friends house and I just couldn't get into them. If i remember correctly one of them didn't give you a storyline to begin with, you were just thrown into a map and expected to battle and find out where to go! Forgive me if I'm wrong but it was years ago >.<
KevNSt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KevNSt
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts
I watched a friend play VII one day, it felt like I just watched for half an hour or so, but you know how time fly, so it might be more. I just knew it was the game for me, so the next day I bought the game and borrowed a ps1 so I could play.

after a month I finally got my own ps1, a couple of weeks after returning the one I borrowed - reluctantly, but as agreed, and I've been a fan ever since.

VIII soon followed, then X and now I'm playing IX - tried X-2, but I only had it on loan, so I didn't get to try it out enough - didn't really convince me to buy it though.
cloudex8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cloudex8
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts
I always watch my cousin play it when I was younger. Then after a while I started to play and still do to this day. I started with FFX and then FF7 and up.
solidleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 solidleader
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts
My friend, we stayed up all night playing co-op IX and Blitzball.
FF_Chick_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FF_Chick_17
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts
I got in 2 FF... when i my dad was playin it in 1997..... so i thought i give it a try.... and i liked it so much.... even when u fight the boss fights and the right music plays... my blood rushes... and i kick there ass..lol... my first game 4 FF would be FF VII ... after that .... i was hooked 4 FF .... ^_^ ....
Ritard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 Ritard
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts
FFX-2 also got me into the series, I got the game because I'm like, this looks cool, got halfway through and I'm like, I need to know what happened before, so I bought X, then I bought 4 for GBA, VII and IX, because those I were told were the best, are there any other games I should get from FF series? (If you count KH, I already have both.)
darule255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darule255
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Funnily, it's all thanks to my mum that I love final fantasy! She bought FFVII just after it came out cause she thought it looked quite good, but she hated it. Me, being a person who hates things going to waste, decided to play it just so I don't feel bad. And now, 9 years later, it's still my favourite game ever!!!

HeadHunter123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HeadHunter123
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts
I would have to say looking at many video game websites and their reviews and what people think of them. But what got me the most was when FFX was comin out, i have never seen so much hype for a RPG ever. So i started with 8 (couldn't find 7) and i loved it. Just got FFX and i wish i bought a PS2 instead of a damn gamecube so i could get FFX sooner....
djp4jdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 djp4jdv
Member since 2004 • 1575 Posts
A friend of mine whilst he was playing FFVII. I wasnt really into games of that type before, stuck mortly to survival horror and stuff like that. But yea, seeing FFVII was cool :D
rapperforfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#40 rapperforfree
Member since 2006 • 1397 Posts

I  was in a Gamestop and we were looking at PS games. Well, I was only 6 so my dad starts glaring at this game.

I come over to my dad and gasping at FFVII. So I ask him what's that? He says It's FFVII. Then my dad bought the game we went home and dad only let me play it so...that's how I got intrested in Final Fantasy.

Obinoe40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Obinoe40
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

I first got into Final Fantasy when FF7 came out in 1997 and i was walking around a shop and saw it not knowing anything about Final Fantasy at the time. When i finally brought it i played through the game and thought it was brilliant.

After a couple of years i found out FF8 was coming out and when it did i rented it and thought it wasnt as good as FF7, after about a year i brought FF8 played through it and thought it was awsom and that was the point when Final Fantasy took a grip on my life and i have spent many hours perfecting them and if i didnt would have probably spent them hours in front of the TV so im not disapointed:p

I actually got myself into FF, but how did you guys?

ff-leader
That's pretty close to how I got into it. Back in 1999 my brother bought FFVII and played it, gave it me saying I need to play it, so I did. Loved it to death so I went out and bought FFVIII. First time I played FFVIII I didn't like it but I played it again and loved it. Been into Final Fantasy ever since. Actually, I just beat FFVIII for the third or fourth time today. :D
sacred_strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sacred_strife
Member since 2005 • 663 Posts
Back when FFVII came out i had heard it like the best game and my friend urged that i should get it so i did and i was hooked from then on and now here i am talking to you guys about it :D
omegajek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 omegajek
Member since 2006 • 2141 Posts

by playing Chrystal Cronicals:wink:

jaSteRdcX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jaSteRdcX
Member since 2004 • 1944 Posts
I was at my uncles apartment when i was in 4th grade. Hes a doctor so he had all the cool stuff, which just so happend to be a ps. I begged for one from my parents but i was stuck with a genesis. He had a demo of FF7 with cloud on the front looking at the shinra building. I popped it in and thought the game was amazing. Didn't play it ever again until 6th grade, when i saw FF8 thinking it would be like FF7... nope but it rocked i've been hooked ever since.
Csouljah54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Csouljah54
Member since 2006 • 272 Posts
well my brother was playing the FFVII and it looked great so i decided to play and from there i was hooked.
highwind17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 highwind17
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts
i went for a visit in 1998 to a friend of mine and he was playing ff8. At first i thought it sucked and mocked him that he was playing crap.He then handed me over the 1st cd of ff8 and told me to try it.After a couple of days playing it i realised how stupid i was thinking that an ff and especially ff8. i feel ashamed about it ever since.
southy787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 southy787
Member since 2005 • 14571 Posts
My friend Scott introduced me to FF7 and I'm mighty glad he did, as, 6 years later, I'm still playing and enjoying the series as much as when I first played them....
Avatar image for Ted_Zanarukando
Ted_Zanarukando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ted_Zanarukando
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts
I first heard of Final Fantasy in 1990. Five years later, a friend of my brother, who was born between my brother and me, got me into Final Fantasy. He strongly talked me into becoming a Final Fantasy fan. He influenced me to rent Final Fantasy IV (then called Final Fantasy II). One month later, I was introduced to SimCity, a western game franchise. One year later, that same young man gave up his copy of Final Fantasy IV to me. I began to play other Final Fantasy games in addition to Final Fantasy IV in late 2000. I have been a big Final Fantasy fan ever since then.
kablay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 kablay
Member since 2005 • 366 Posts
I went over to my friend's house and saw that she had FFX. I asked her if I could play it, and I got hooked. I bought a PS2 just to play that game, but it and FFX-2 are the only FFs I really like.
xenobia1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 xenobia1981
Member since 2003 • 71 Posts
I saw a preview for Final Fantasy 7 in a gaming magazine. At the time I was still playing Sega Genisis, so I decided to get a Playstation so that I could play this game, and I was glad I did. I have been a Final Fantasy fan ever since.