Sign here if you are boycotting the BS National Championship game

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 channtheman1
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
*signs* The voters have shown that they have a clear bias towards the SEC. I refuse to watch another boring game that we already saw this season.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50569 Posts
The game was far from boring and i look forward to watching them play again.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

I'd rather see OKST go, but I will not boycott it if Alabama ends up taking them on again.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 channtheman1
The BCS voters did put Alabama at 2 again. We saw this game already... why are we watching it again? Oh yeah, SEC bias.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 channtheman1
The game was far from boring and i look forward to watching them play again.Chutebox
Just curious, are you from SEC country? ESPN had a poll where every state except Louisiana, Alabama, and Tennessee wanted to see Oklahoma State instead of Alabama.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I'm not going to watch it. Not out of protest, but out of lack of interest. I probably would have watched it if it was Oklahoma State v. LSU though.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
I will not watch.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
I won't watch, but that's more because college football needs to give us a playoffs instead of this dumb BCS stuff. Give us a playoffs, I'll watch
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I'm not going to watch it. Not out of protest, but out of lack of interest. I probably would have watched it if it was Oklahoma State v. LSU though.SF_KiLLaMaN

Pretty much this, the game sucked the first time and I have no interest in watching that again

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
The BCS voters did put Alabama at 2 again. We saw this game already... why are we watching it again? Oh yeah, SEC bias.channtheman1
Because Bama is the 2nd best. Bias has nothing to do with it. They are without a doubt the best conference. Florida LSU Florida Alabama Auburn
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]The game was far from boring and i look forward to watching them play again.channtheman1
Just curious, are you from SEC country? ESPN had a poll where every state except Louisiana, Alabama, and Tennessee wanted to see Oklahoma State instead of Alabama.

No, pac-12...usc fan.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 channtheman1
[QUOTE="channtheman1"]The BCS voters did put Alabama at 2 again. We saw this game already... why are we watching it again? Oh yeah, SEC bias.No_Hablo_Ingles
Because Bama is the 2nd best. Bias has nothing to do with it. They are without a doubt the best conference. Florida LSU Florida Alabama Auburn

Alabama had a weaker SOS than Oklahoma State. Alabama lost to LSU in their chance to beat them. Why should they get a second chance when a more deserving team is behind them? SEC bias. It is bias.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Can't say i'm gonna boycott but i'm kinda pissed. Rick Reilly said it best http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7302138/rick-reilly-no-rematch-bcs-title-game

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I won't but only because I have no interest. Maybe I'll watch the 4th Quarter if it's close but that's about it. I just hate the BCS.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Master_Live
Trying to create a Facebook group but the damn thing won't let be. Zuckerberg(sp) must be in bed with the BCS.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Live
Boycott All SEC BCS National ChampionshipBoycott the BCS National Championship Like.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

OkST/Stanford are playing in the Sugar Bowl. If we could just get a simple plus-one system that'd work perfectly as the play-in game.

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts

There is a clear SEC bias.

But Alabama is clearly 2nd best. It's just upsetting cause OKST couldve beat LSU with that explosive offense. Bama has no chance.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Master_Live"]Boycott All SEC BCS National ChampionshipBoycott the BCS National Championship Like.

Lol, good luck!
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#20 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
All aboard for the Boringpalooza ll!
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 monkeytoes61

The FCS has a playoff , and it works very well. Enough with this BS, get a playoff.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Lol no.

Two of the best teams are playing. OK State screwed themselves when they lost to Iowa State.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Live
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]Boycott All SEC BCS National ChampionshipBoycott the BCS National Championship Like.

Lol, good luck!

Thanks. This will catch on, just watch.
sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts
No the Sugar Bowl is the worst. #11 Michigan vs #13 Virginia Tech. How are they in a BCS bowl and not the #6,#7,#8 or #9 teams? Virginia Tech looked horrible and Michigan is not better than #'s 6-9.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DroidPhysX

No the Sugar Bowl is the worst. #11 Michigan vs #13 Virginia Tech. How are they in a BCS bowl and not the #6,#7,#8 or #9 teams? Virginia Tech looked horrible and Michigan is not better than #'s 6-9.sergemyster8
Conference winners are assigned to bowls, not according to rank.

There is also a limit on how may teams from each conference can go to Bowl games.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DroidPhysX

*signs* The voters have shown that they have a clear bias towards the SEC. I refuse to watch another boring game that we already saw this season. channtheman1

Would you want to watch a blowout instead?

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
I do think OSU should be in the game. BUT, I dont think it matters because LSU is clearly the best team in the country. They will beat anybody.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#28 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
It's wrong that a 1-loss team that won their conference won't even get a shot, but that's the BCS for you. ESPN said it should be Bama/LSU, so that's what the voters went with. Don't complain about the voters having SEC bias, complain about them being too stupid to make up their own minds and always just voting the way ESPN tells them to.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DroidPhysX
It's wrong that a 1-loss team that won their conference won't even get a shot, but that's the BCS for you. ESPN said it should be Bama/LSU, so that's what the voters went with. Don't complain about the voters having SEC bias, complain about them being too stupid to make up their own minds and always just voting the way ESPN tells them to.GamerForca
This is assuming ESPN took control of the polls.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Master_Live

[QUOTE="channtheman1"]*signs* The voters have shown that they have a clear bias towards the SEC. I refuse to watch another boring game that we already saw this season. DroidPhysX

You don't know that.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]It's wrong that a 1-loss team that won their conference won't even get a shot, but that's the BCS for you. ESPN said it should be Bama/LSU, so that's what the voters went with. Don't complain about the voters having SEC bias, complain about them being too stupid to make up their own minds and always just voting the way ESPN tells them to.DroidPhysX
This is assuming ESPN took control of the polls.

No. More like, they kept letting Nick Saban on to make a case for his team, while all of their analysts kept saying "LSU/BAMA, LSU/BAMA" and the voters listened. How many times did they let Mike Gundy on one of their shows? Saban was even on Gameday. :?
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

[QUOTE="sergemyster8"]No the Sugar Bowl is the worst. #11 Michigan vs #13 Virginia Tech. How are they in a BCS bowl and not the #6,#7,#8 or #9 teams? Virginia Tech looked horrible and Michigan is not better than #'s 6-9.DroidPhysX

Conference winners are assigned to bowls, not according to rank.

There is also a limit on how may teams from each conference can go to Bowl games.

Neither Michigan or Virginia Tech won their conference. I'm no complaining though as I'm a Michigan fan. :P
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="channtheman1"]*signs* The voters have shown that they have a clear bias towards the SEC. I refuse to watch another boring game that we already saw this season. Master_Live

You don't know that.

LSUs margin of victory was 3 against Alabama. Their next closest margin of victory was 13.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
The game was far from boring and i look forward to watching them play again.Chutebox
Me too.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Master_Live

[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

DroidPhysX

You don't know that.

LSUs margin of victory was 3 against Alabama. Their next closest margin of victory was 13.

It doesn't matter, you don't know if LSU would blowout Oklahoma State because WE WILL NEVER SEE THAT GAME. But, if give me the numbers for the super lottery I might reconsider.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Master_Live"] You don't know that.Master_Live

It doesn't matter, you don't know if LSU would blowout Oklahoma State because WE WILL NEVER SEE THAT GAME. But, if give me the numbers for the super lottery I might reconsider.

I'm basing this on the games LSU played. They have won by a comfortable margin in every game they played except against Alabama. Oklahoma state reminds me of an all offense so-so defense team. And that doesn't bode well against any great defensive team against LSU. And not to mention, Oklahoma State played in the Big 12 and not the SEC. People can hate the SEC all they want, the fact of the matter is that it is indeed a better conference.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Master_Live
[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] LSUs margin of victory was 3 against Alabama. Their next closest margin of victory was 13.DroidPhysX

I'm basing this on the games LSU played. They have won by a comfortable margin in every game they played except against Alabama. Oklahoma state reminds me of an all offense so-so defense team. And that doesn't bode well against any great defensive team against LSU. And not to mention, Oklahoma State played in the Big 12 and not the SEC. People can hate the SEC all they want, the fact of the matter is that it is indeed a better conference.

Good, so we agree that you can't possibly know the outcome of something that hasn't happen.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Master_Live"] It doesn't matter, you don't know if LSU would blowout Oklahoma State because WE WILL NEVER SEE THAT GAME. But, if give me the numbers for the super lottery I might reconsider.

Master_Live

Good, so we agree that you can't possibly know the outcome of something that hasn't happen.

It's a pretty good hypothesis. I'm not even going to point out the last title game LSU played because that would help my argument.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Master_Live"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]Boycott All SEC BCS National ChampionshipBoycott the BCS National Championship Like.

Lol, good luck!

Thanks. This will catch on, just watch.

It might...and yet 95% of the people will still watch. BCS is a stupid system, at least we all agree on that.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Going to watch it because I'm a football fan and I'll watch anything. I do think Alabama is better than Oklahoma State. Kinda sad that people don't want to watch because it won't be a shootout. Rather watch a hard physical defensive fight than a high scoring shootout.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DroidPhysX
Going to watch it because I'm a football fan and I'll watch anything. I do think Alabama is better than Oklahoma State. Kinda sad that people don't want to watch because it won't be a shootout. Rather watch a hard physical defensive fight than a high scoring shootout.ExoticAnimal
This is the same thing with LeBron going to the heat. Controversy breeds a boom in ratings. People hated LeBron so much that they had to watch him.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 monkeytoes61
Going to watch it because I'm a football fan and I'll watch anything. I do think Alabama is better than Oklahoma State. Kinda sad that people don't want to watch because it won't be a shootout. Rather watch a hard physical defensive fight than a high scoring shootout.ExoticAnimal
Problem is, the last matchup wasn't a defensive battle. It was sloppy and ugly. How many missed FGs were there again? Low scoring game =/= defensive battle. People need to realize that.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Master_Live
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Going to watch it because I'm a football fan and I'll watch anything. I do think Alabama is better than Oklahoma State. Kinda sad that people don't want to watch because it won't be a shootout. Rather watch a hard physical defensive fight than a high scoring shootout.monkeytoes61
Problem is, the last matchup wasn't a defensive battle. It was sloppy and ugly. How many missed FGs were there again? Low scoring game =/= defensive battle. People need to realize that.

Agreed.
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 channtheman1
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]Going to watch it because I'm a football fan and I'll watch anything. I do think Alabama is better than Oklahoma State. Kinda sad that people don't want to watch because it won't be a shootout. Rather watch a hard physical defensive fight than a high scoring shootout.monkeytoes61

This. I actually think rather than SEC defenses being extremely good that SEC offenses are extremely bad. What's that I hear? The SEC fanboys stampeding to yell at me? Also, this game is 5 days after the last of the other bowl games. My mind will be on NFL playoffs by that time and I won't even think about this game.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox

Ugh, hell ya it was a defensive battle. What does missed field goals have anything to do with it.
The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
I said this in another thread...but LSU vs Stanford OSU vs Alabama Winners play. Is that scenario really a world of trouble? It at least gives four teams a chance.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GamerForca
[QUOTE="The_Zoid"]I said this in another thread...but LSU vs Stanford OSU vs Alabama Winners play. Is that scenario really a world of trouble? It at least gives four teams a chance.

No, but the BCS is just that stupid. Though you need to replace Stanford with Oregon.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="The_Zoid"]I said this in another thread...but LSU vs Stanford OSU vs Alabama Winners play. Is that scenario really a world of trouble? It at least gives four teams a chance.

No, but the BCS is just that stupid. Though you need to replace Stanford with Oregon.

[QUOTE="The_Zoid"]I said this in another thread...but LSU vs Stanford OSU vs Alabama Winners play. Is that scenario really a world of trouble? It at least gives four teams a chance.

So a... PLAYOFF SYSTEM? in the BCS???? No that's waaaay to fair and balanced.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="The_Zoid"]I said this in another thread...but LSU vs Stanford OSU vs Alabama Winners play. Is that scenario really a world of trouble? It at least gives four teams a chance.

That's why I like a 6 team playoff better. The highest conference winners will get byes so: 1. LSU 2. OSU 3. Alabama vs. 6. Arkansas (Winner faces OSU) 4. Stanford vs. 5. Oregon (Winner faces LSU) And such.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="The_Zoid"] No, but the BCS is just that stupid. Though you need to replace Stanford with Oregon.GodofBigMacs
I said this in another thread...but LSU vs Stanford OSU vs Alabama Winners play. Is that scenario really a world of trouble? It at least gives four teams a chance. The_Zoid
So a... PLAYOFF SYSTEM? in the BCS???? No that's waaaay to fair and balanced.

Please. Think of the kids. They miss more cIasses if they have to play another week.

(brb, adding more teams to the 68-team basketball tournament)