Official 2013 NFL Offseason thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#101 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

List of the "best" QBs available from free agency.

Good Lord, that is a bad list.

Chutebox
It isn't so bad. T Jack, Campbell and Moore could all be decent options to groom a young QB behind.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]Eagles hire their new defensive C. ... The Browns linebacker coach.

At least it wasn't another O-Line coach.

Funny thing is after we fired that O-Line coach our defense really fell apart...
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

List of the "best" QBs available from free agency.

Good Lord, that is a bad list.

monkeytoes61

It isn't so bad. T Jack, Campbell and Moore could all be decent options to groom a young QB behind.

I was sorely disappointed with how Campbell performed when we needed him this season.  It really seems to me that what matters more with backups is the team they're on.  Some teams, like Houston and Green Bay, just know how to keep backups primed for whatever reason.  Maybe they give them more reps in practice or have them work on one squad while the starter works on another (as opposed to "studying" the starter), but they can just bring people off the bench while other teams can't.  I know Martz never let the backup take reps and Tice basically picked up a lot of what he knows about running an offense from Martz, so maybe they just did a piss-poor job of keeping Campbell fresh and ready to step in.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#104 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Or it's because those teams are built well enough or have a system that the player can handle. Mike McCarthy isn't suddenly gonna become a sh1tty playcaller because Flynn is in, and it's not like that tea wasn't loaded. Plus the backups in Houston weren't playing well, but the defense/run game was good enough to keep winning in spite of them. In Jason Campbell's case he faced the same issue Cutler did in that the line is pretty mediocre, and really Brandon Marshall is the only top receiver on that team. The other guys are "good" with the right guy throwing them the ball.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Not to mention Campell started against the Texans and 49ers, as both teams just shat on the Bears O-line.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Usually when you have too much of a good thing, you're lacking in other areas. Like running gamesherman-tank1

We have a running game. We just don't use it.

How about an o-line? Or maybe some linebackers?

AJ Hawk and Clay Matthews aren't good enough? I honestly believe the problem with the defense is the DC.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
AJ Hawk is a mediocre POS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] We have a running game. We just don't use it.The-Apostle

How about an o-line? Or maybe some linebackers?

AJ Hawk and Clay Matthews aren't good enough? I honestly believe the problem with the defense is the DC.

I'm talking depth.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

Jason Campbell was awful this year.. Like Trent Edwards bad.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#110 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Giants cut Ahmad Bradshaw. The move wasn't entirely unexpected but it's still shocking. He made have had plenty of injury issues but the guy was a warrior on the field, hope another team gives him a shot.

NightStalkerBX

Pssst, Packers...

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 theone86

Or it's because those teams are built well enough or have a system that the player can handle. Mike McCarthy isn't suddenly gonna become a sh1tty playcaller because Flynn is in, and it's not like that tea wasn't loaded. Plus the backups in Houston weren't playing well, but the defense/run game was good enough to keep winning in spite of them. In Jason Campbell's case he faced the same issue Cutler did in that the line is pretty mediocre, and really Brandon Marshall is the only top receiver on that team. The other guys are "good" with the right guy throwing them the ball.jg4xchamp

Quite true, but they paid Campbell good money for a backup specifically so that we at least had a chance of winning games with him behind center, watching his games I never thought we had a chance.  Funny thing is I think Marshall's numbers actually dropped when Campbell was playing, pretty sure Bennet's numbers went up.  I could be wrong, I just remember he seemed to be spreading the ball around more than Cutler.  No argument with the playcalling, though, Tice is worse than Garrett.

Not to mention Campell started against the Texans and 49ers, as both teams just shat on the Bears O-line.

sherman-tank1

Yeah, but I mean he really didn't do anything.  When Hanie played the Packers in the playoffs, for example, he put together some decent drives and made us feel like we had a chance of winning, Campbell had maybe one drive in each of those games.  THat's fine, but we paid Campbell more than Hanie and he was supposed to be an upgrade.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#112 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
It's too bad for Campbell, he's the prototypical QB. Size, arm strength, decent mobility. It looked like he finally started to put it together in Oakland before his injury. But now he's old and no longer starting material.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="NightStalkerBX"]

Giants cut Ahmad Bradshaw. The move wasn't entirely unexpected but it's still shocking. He made have had plenty of injury issues but the guy was a warrior on the field, hope another team gives him a shot.

CJL13

Pssst, Packers...

*Watches in horror as the Packers sign Bradshaw only for him to get a season-ending injury in week 1-3*
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 CJL13

[QUOTE="CJL13"]

[QUOTE="NightStalkerBX"]

The-Apostle

Pssst, Packers...

*Watches in horror as the Packers sign Bradshaw only for him to get a season-ending injury in week 1-3*

Starting Packers RB gets injured early? That's never happened before...

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="CJL13"]

Pssst, Packers...

CJL13

That's happened to them the last 3-4 seasons. It's why the Packers running game always takes so long to develop.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="CJL13"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] *Watches in horror as the Packers sign Bradshaw only for him to get a season-ending injury in week 1-3*The-Apostle

That's happened to them the last 3-4 seasons. It's why the Packers running game always takes so long to develop.

sarcasm
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="CJL13"]

jg4xchamp

sarcasm

Right... It's not like Benson didn't get hurt this past season, or James Starks, or their starters the last couple years before them or anything... >_> Packers average two-three new starters per year and have for the last 3-4 years. And I guess the Packers didn't bring their current starting RB off the street? I believe he was selling used cars when the season started until a couple RBs went down with injury.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] That's happened to them the last 3-4 seasons. It's why the Packers running game always takes so long to develop.The-Apostle

sarcasm

Right... It's not like Benson didn't get hurt this past season, or James Starks, or their starters the last couple years before them or anything... >_> Packers average two-three new starters per year and have for the last 3-4 years. And I guess the Packers didn't bring their current starting RB off the street? I believe he was selling used cars when the season started until a couple RBs went down with injury.

It could also be because.

1. Packers o-line is terrible

2. Packers RBs are mediocore at best

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] sarcasmsherman-tank1

While I agree that the O-Line needs work, I think everyone needs to give our RBs a chance. They can produce 100+-yard games if they don't get hurt.

That is to say, I understand we can't pull out Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster-style games but we're decent.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 The-Apostle

And in other news, this is Bobbles.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] sarcasmBobbles

What I think of you.

Hell naw :lol:

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 theone86

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Right... It's not like Benson didn't get hurt this past season, or James Starks, or their starters the last couple years before them or anything... >_> Packers average two-three new starters per year and have for the last 3-4 years. And I guess the Packers didn't bring their current starting RB off the street? I believe he was selling used cars when the season started until a couple RBs went down with injury.

The-Apostle

While I agree that the O-Line needs work, I think everyone needs to give our RBs a chance. They can produce 100+-yard games if they don't get hurt.

That is to say, I understand we can't pull out Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster-style games but we're decent.

Well, you can compete with the Lions for not the worst running game in the division.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50559 Posts

Ray liota owns

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 CJL13

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Right... It's not like Benson didn't get hurt this past season, or James Starks, or their starters the last couple years before them or anything... >_> Packers average two-three new starters per year and have for the last 3-4 years. And I guess the Packers didn't bring their current starting RB off the street? I believe he was selling used cars when the season started until a couple RBs went down with injury.

The-Apostle

We need to get better conditioners, no team has this many injuries this often unless something is wrong with how they train.

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

Ray liota owns

Chutebox

Goodfellas is the sh*t.

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Ray liota owns

36Ounces

Goodfellas is the sh*t.

Don't talk to chutef**k about good movies. He will bring up the expendables. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][ sarcasmThe-Apostle

No you stupid f*ck, I mean he was being saracastic. How the f*ck are you that dense.

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130 sfkm2
Member since 2005 • 67813 Posts
So. R. Ryan is the Saint's new DC. I hope this is good.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][ sarcasmjg4xchamp

No you stupid f*ck, I mean he was being saracastic. How the f*ck are you that dense.

lmaooo

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Chutebox  Online

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Ray liota owns

Put_in_Kitna

Goodfellas is the sh*t.

Don't talk to chutef**k about good movies. He will bring up the expendables. 

Hey. Go **** yourself!

sfkm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 sfkm2
Member since 2005 • 67813 Posts
Collector and Collection are good movies. Anyway.... *breaks the clock and speeds it to August 2013* ready for some football.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

Probably because it's hard to read sarcasm on the Internet?
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Bobbles

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

:lol:
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Bobbles
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

The-Apostle

It seems hard for you to read in general, dumb ass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

The-Apostle

Don't bother arguing with them. The more serious you take them to be, the more they will get a kick out of it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Chutebox  Online
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

The-Apostle

He told you "sarcasm" lol. No biggie...
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] No you stupid f*ck, I mean he was being saracastic. How the f*ck are you that dense.

sherman-tank1

Don't bother arguing with them. The more serious you take them to be, the more they will get a kick out of it.

Pretty much... At least I don't take Bubbles seriously. Unless he actually IS a jackass IRL. Then I pity him. >_>
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 The-Apostle

Anquan Boldin set to retire if released:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8931984/anquan-boldin-says-retire-released-baltimore-ravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Probably because it's hard to read sarcasm on the Internet?The-Apostle

Pretty much... At least I don't take Bubbles seriously. Unless he actually IS a jackass IRL. Then I pity him. >_>

I automatically pity him because he is a Cowboys fan.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]Don't bother arguing with them. The more serious you take them to be, the more they will get a kick out of it.

sherman-tank1

That too... :lol:
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Cary Williams will avoid discipline for pushing a ref in the Super Bowl.  What a ****ing waste Goodell and the rest of the goons in the NFL offices all are.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Chutebox  Online

Cary Williams will avoid discipline for pushing a ref in the Super Bowl.  What a ****ing waste Goodell and the rest of the goons in the NFL offices all are.

Boston_Boyy

Wow, what a **** joke. I've only seen a player push a ref like that once before. Such a joke.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Bobbles
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Probably because it's hard to read sarcasm on the Internet?The-Apostle

I'm an assh*le in the real, I love it.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Bobbles

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]Don't bother arguing with them. The more serious you take them to be, the more they will get a kick out of it.

sherman-tank1

:lol: You stink dude. Brady=biggest choke artist, f*ck you.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Chutebox  Online

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]Don't bother arguing with them. The more serious you take them to be, the more they will get a kick out of it.Bobbles

Oh please, I bet your **** ass is a softy irl.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Bobbles

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] No you stupid f*ck, I mean he was being saracastic. How the f*ck are you that dense.

sherman-tank1

What argument dude? There isn't a debate regarding how moronic TheApostle is, it's pretty f*ckin obvious.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Bobbles

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Pretty much... At least I don't take Bubbles seriously. Unless he actually IS a jackass IRL. Then I pity him. >_>Chutebox

I bet you lick wein in the real you f*ck.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Pretty much... At least I don't take Bubbles seriously. Unless he actually IS a jackass IRL. Then I pity him. >_>Chutebox

Nah dude he is an as***** in the real. I don't wanna let him near my family. He is a hateful f*** and I love it!Â