NHL playoffs discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

Philly won and will dominate the sucky Capitals.Bauers-Twin

Boo... I was really hoping for a battle of the two country capitals.

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
So one game left. Playoffs to start in the Wednesday/Thursday range.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 gameeer1
Member since 2006 • 16425 Posts

So one game left. Playoffs to start in the Wednesday/Thursday range.blackngold29

Not like it will change anything in the standings...

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]Philly won and will dominate the sucky Capitals.hockey73

lol...we will see.

Nice Sig. I'm a huge Avs fan too.

At this point, I think Washington is unstoppable.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

FIRST PLACE IN THE EAST!!!

And we play BOSTON LMAO. 8-0 this year, bring it on.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

Here we go, Round 1 Schedule:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=359445

The Sharks open up with back to backs on weeknights due to prior engagements at HP Pavilion. How lame...

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts
[QUOTE="hockey73"]

[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]Philly won and will dominate the sucky Capitals.Lanezy

lol...we will see.

you mean Ovechkin the team? They suck, only reaosn they're in the playoffs is cause they play in a sucky division.

Philly has more 20 goal scorers then any team in the league, the most balanced team I've ever seen. They will beat the Caps, sig that if you want to hold me to it.

lilhomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 lilhomes
Member since 2004 • 462 Posts
The playoffs start wednesday, Anyone got predictions for the first round?

East:

(1) Montreal Canadians vs. (8) Boston Bruins - I say Canadians win 4-1
(2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators - I say Pens 4-2
(3) Washington Capitals vs. (6) Philadelphia Flyers - I say Flyers 4-3
(4) New Jersey Devils vs. (5) New York Rangers - I say Devils 4-2

West:

(1) Detriot Red Wings vs. (8) Nashville Predators - I say Wings 4-2
(2) San Jose Sharks vs. (7) Calgary Flames - I say Sharks 4-2
(3) Minnesota Wild vs. (6) Colorado Avalanche - I say Wild 4-2
(4) Anahiem Ducks vs. (5) Dallas Stars - I say Ducks 4-3
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
[QUOTE="Lanezy"][QUOTE="hockey73"]

[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]Philly won and will dominate the sucky Capitals.Bauers-Twin

lol...we will see.

you mean Ovechkin the team? They suck, only reaosn they're in the playoffs is cause they play in a sucky division.

Philly has more 20 goal scorers then any team in the league, the most balanced team I've ever seen. They will beat the Caps, sig that if you want to hold me to it.

you must not follow hockey very well if you think OV is the team. you would know that it has been whole team effort, with Huet playing excellent hockey, the whole offense played well, the team had a 3-1 victory on saturday and OV didn't get a point. although i agree that OV is a huge part of the reason why they made it, has played beastly all year.

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Bauers-Twin
[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="Lanezy"][QUOTE="hockey73"]

lol...we will see.

you must not follow hockey very well if you think OV is the team. you would know that it has been whole team effort, with Huet playing excellent hockey, the whole offense played well, the team had a 3-1 victory on saturday and OV didn't get a point. although i agree that OV is a huge part of the reason why they made it, has played beastly all year.

Huet's the goalie right? Big whoop, alot of teams have half decent goalies, you must not follow hockey if you udnerestimate the Flyers.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hockey73
[QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="Lanezy"][QUOTE="hockey73"]

[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]Philly won and will dominate the sucky Capitals.Bauers-Twin

lol...we will see.

Huet's the goalie right? Big whoop, alot of teams have half decent goalies, you must not follow hockey if you udnerestimate the Flyers.

lol yeah Huet is the goalie...how about this, you said the flyers will dominate the series, if they don't go 4-0, you have to put a washinton capitals picture in your sig(even if it means they win the series, 4-1). if they sweep the series i will take my joe sakic sig off, and put a flyers one on. lets say loser uses the sig till the playoffs are done.

deal?

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bauers-Twin
[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="Lanezy"][QUOTE="hockey73"]

lol...we will see.

lol yeah Huet is the goalie...how about this, you said the flyers will dominate the series, if they don't go 4-0, you have to put a washinton capitals picture in your sig(even if it means they win the series, 4-1). if they sweep the series i will take my joe sakic sig off, and put a flyers one on. lets say loser uses the sig till the playoffs are done.

deal?

i dont think the Flyers will sweep, but it's a deal anyways though lol, its not that big of a deal.

DEAL!

let's do this.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hockey73
[QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="Lanezy"][QUOTE="hockey73"]

lol...we will see.

deal?

i dont think the Flyers will sweep, but it's a deal anyways though lol, its not that big of a deal.

DEAL!

let's do this.

lol k. 8)

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bauers-Twin
[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="Lanezy"][QUOTE="hockey73"]

lol...we will see.

deal?

DEAL!

let's do this.

lol k. 8)

I'm tracking you now so we can both remind each other. I still think it's a raw deal though you should've at leats givne me 4-1 or 4-2, but the full sweep? tsk tsk..some high roller you are..

haha only kiddinh.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hockey73
[QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="Lanezy"][QUOTE="hockey73"]

lol...we will see.

deal?

DEAL!

let's do this.

lol k. 8)

I'm tracking you now so we can both remind each other. I still think it's a raw deal though you should've at leats givne me 4-1 or 4-2, but the full sweep? tsk tsk..some high roller you are..

haha only kiddinh.

k lets make this fair, by domination philly at the most can lose 2 games, so ill allow the 4-2 series, but anything more goes to me. lol ive found myself a decent flyers sig already, either a mike richards one, or one with 3 other flyers guys, unless you want to choose one for me(that is if i lose).

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
[QUOTE="Lanezy"][QUOTE="hockey73"]

lol...we will see.

Yes, Ovechkin is THE franchise player of the Washington Capitals and the face of the NHL; I'll admit that. But the Capitals went 11-1-0 in their last twelve and have impressive talent in Backstrom and Mike Green.

They're not going to kill Philly, but the series will be tight.

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bauers-Twin
[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"][QUOTE="Lanezy"][QUOTE="hockey73"]

lol...we will see.

deal?

DEAL!

let's do this.

lol k. 8)

haha only kiddinh.

k lets make this fair, by domination philly at the most can lose 2 games, so ill allow the 4-2 series, but anything more goes to me. lol ive found myself a decent flyers sig already, either a mike richards one, or one with 3 other flyers guys, unless you want to choose one for me(that is if i lose).

where do you find sigs? Or maybe I'll just put up a little caps logo if I lose.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hockey73
Oh what i do is, just google "flyers sig" or "washington capitals sig" and there are some that come up.
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Bauers-Twin

Caps.

that one looks good, may need resizing though, so how long does the loser have to keep the sig? like a month? or until the playoffs end?

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hockey73

Caps.

that one looks good, may need resizing though, so how long does the loser have to keep the sig? like a month? or until the playoffs end?

Bauers-Twin

Heres the basic Rules:

1. You win the bet if the flyers go 4-2 or better in the series, i win if there anything worse.

2. Loser uses sig till playoffs are done.

but yah your works fine, you might want to make it smaller, but thats your choice.

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 rocktimusprime
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts

Here's the stats from since Bruce Boudreau took over at washington.

GP W L OTL PTS
New Jersey 51 33 14 4 70
Washington 52 29 16 7 65
Montreal 52 28 18 6 62
Pittsburgh 50 32 13 5 69
Buffalo 54 26 18 10 62
Boston 54 27 20 7 61
Florida 51 25 19 7 57
Carolina 52 27 23 2 56
NY Rangers 50 24 18 8 56
Philadelphia 53 23 21 9 55
Ottawa 52 24 22 6 54
Toronto 51 24 22 5 53
NY Islanders 55 21 27 7 49
Atlanta 53 20 25 8 48
Tampa Bay 51 19 26 6 44

yeah the caps suck alright...

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bauers-Twin

Here's the stats from since Bruce Boudreau took over at washington.

GP W L OTL PTS
New Jersey 51 33 14 4 70
Washington 52 29 16 7 65
Montreal 52 28 18 6 62
Pittsburgh 50 32 13 5 69
Buffalo 54 26 18 10 62
Boston 54 27 20 7 61
Florida 51 25 19 7 57
Carolina 52 27 23 2 56
NY Rangers 50 24 18 8 56
Philadelphia 53 23 21 9 55
Ottawa 52 24 22 6 54
Toronto 51 24 22 5 53
NY Islanders 55 21 27 7 49
Atlanta 53 20 25 8 48
Tampa Bay 51 19 26 6 44

yeah the caps suck alright...

rocktimusprime

statistics mean zip, we'll see when the flyers knock them out.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#73 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
1 game down - Rangers beat the Devils 4-1 :)
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 gameeer1
Member since 2006 • 16425 Posts
Washington leads series 1-0. 1-0 for hockey73 then...
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mrgab

1 game down - Rangers beat the Devils 4-1 :)mrgab

Another win in NJ.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hockey73

[QUOTE="mrgab"]1 game down - Rangers beat the Devils 4-1 :)mrgab

Another win in NJ.

yah NJ is playing terrible, seems like they were so-so in the final weeks of the regular season.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hockey73

[QUOTE="mrgab"]1 game down - Rangers beat the Devils 4-1 :)mrgab

Another win in NJ.

yah NJ is playing terrible, idk what to say, there just not playing their game right now.

lilhomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 lilhomes
Member since 2004 • 462 Posts

The Wild and Avs have had 2 crazy OT games already, this is looking to be a great series

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

[QUOTE="mrgab"]1 game down - Rangers beat the Devils 4-1 :)hockey73

Another win in NJ.

yah NJ is playing terrible, idk what to say, there just not playing their game right now.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

[QUOTE="mrgab"]1 game down - Rangers beat the Devils 4-1 :)hockey73

Another win in NJ.

NY is just a much deeper team, they have goaltending AND a potent offence, whereas NJ just has a goalie.
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bauers-Twin

Flyers - 1

Caps - 1

Flyers choked the first game, luckily they didnt repeat that today.

-The_Chris-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 -The_Chris-
Member since 2007 • 1923 Posts

Damn! i was expecting my Habs to sweep the Bruins.

Oh well, a 4-1 series will do.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

Damn! i was expecting my Habs to sweep the Bruins.

Oh well, a 4-1 series will do.

-The_Chris-

Ya, we finish it off at home ice, and give Koivu time to rest Lool

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#84 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
How about the Flames scoring 4 unanswered goals to stun San Jose? The SaddleDome must have been rocking after Owen Nolan scores the OT winner. Too bad I couldn't see it on the East coast!
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#85 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts
No mention of the fact that the defending Stanley Cup Champs are in a 2 game hole going to Dallas? I thought that would have had some play by now. Stars are completely dominating Anaheim right now.
GT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GT90
Member since 2002 • 6256 Posts
[QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="mrgab"]

[QUOTE="mrgab"]1 game down - Rangers beat the Devils 4-1 :)UssjTrunks

Another win in NJ.

NY is just a much deeper team, they have goaltending AND a potent offence, whereas NJ just has a goalie.

NY's supposed potent offense only scored 7 more goals then NJ during the regular season.
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 hockey73

Flyers - 1

Caps - 1

Flyers choked the first game, luckily they didnt repeat that today.

Bauers-Twin

yah caps couldn't get anything together on sunday. i have to give alot of credit to there D, and forechecking, washington had to have atleast 20 plus passes blocked. they prevented the caps from having any consistency. idk caps got to steal one, away. yah like you mentioned before, we're 1-1.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
Lol @ the Sharks. The choking begins yet again.
thezuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#89 thezuki
Member since 2005 • 1073 Posts
3-0 pens.....hell yea
pookie2232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 pookie2232
Member since 2007 • 290 Posts
I'm pushing for the Flames....I smell a Stanley Cup upset.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Los9090

3-0 pens.....hell yeathezuki

And everyone applauded the Senators signing extensions to their big three last season and now they are most likely out of the first round.

blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
3-0 pens.....hell yeathezuki
lol, nobody it talking about it 'cause the Pens are like expected to win.
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#93 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts

How about the Minn-Col series, every game has gone 3-2 and been decided in OT. I'm hoping Colorado can pull a series win out.

Also lets go Habs, big game tonight!

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Los9090

How about the Minn-Col series, every game has gone 3-2 and been decided in OT. I'm hoping Colorado can pull a series win out.

allnamestaken

That is a great series, but I'm pulling for Minnesota. Montreal should pull it off tonight but the Bruins could really surprise people tonight with the momentum of an OT win. Unless they're just happy to cut that losing streak to the Habs, we'll see.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

allnamestaken

I've been watching that series as well. Good games. José Théodore has been doing a great job.

Go Wild ;)

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 hockey73
[QUOTE="allnamestaken"]

duxup

I've been watching that series as well. Good games. José Théodore has been doing a great job.

Go Wild ;)

Both goalies have played extremely well, Backstrom was a beast yesterday. the avs need a win tonight, or i feel the series might be done in 5 games. foppa needs to step it up though.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
[QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="allnamestaken"]

hockey73

Go Wild ;)

Both goalies have played extremely well, Backstrom was a beast yesterday. the avs need a win tonight, or i feel the series might be done in 5 games. foppa needs to step it up though.

Yeah Backstrom has been playing well. I can't complain about him. I just think José Théodore has had a lot more pressure on him thru the series. Granted you can say it for any hockey teams but I think Théodore is why the Avs are still in it with all the chances the Wild have had taken away by him.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 hockey73
[QUOTE="hockey73"][QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="allnamestaken"]

duxup

Go Wild ;)

Yeah Backstrom has been playing well. I can't complain about him. I just think José Théodore has had a lot more pressure on him thru the series. Granted you can say it for any hockey teams but I think Théodore is why the Avs are still in it with all the chances the Wild have had taken away by him.

yah theo is the reason why we made the playoffs, played great the last 2 months, wouldn't mind seeing the avs sign him to a 2 year deal for alot less money though.

yah but its been a great match up so far, these 2 teams have been near even. avs D has to quit pinching in so much, or they need better communication with the forwards, cause these odd man rushes are hurting us right now.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Los9090
Whoa, its a whole new series for CGY/SJ...that 2nd goal Kiprusoff gave up from a bad angle would make me want to put in CuJo for Game 5 for Calgary
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mrgab

Surprised and have to say nice job by the league with that new rule with face blocking the goalie after the Ranger/Devil game. Never seen a rule be put into place after something happens during the playoffs. Nice to see didnt have to wait till after the season, just get in there and implement it.

Did look goofy what Avery was doing with his stick trying to block Brodeurs view. The real surprise is none of the other Devils just didnt bump or knock Avery out of the way or something.