NFL: Who is the Most Valuable Player? Brady, Manning, Peterson or RG3?

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

I dont care about that. Only thing I care about and what this damn award should be for is the player who is playing the best football. Thats it.

If it is based on actual most valuable, might as well not bother bringing any other position into the discussion...ever.

Chutebox
Thanks, it's the truth tho.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

Yea, that's just a fact that QB's are and have been more valuable to their team than RB's. This award is most valuable player, not best all around player at least to me. That goes to offensive player of the year. If AP breaks the record though, it's his.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50680 Posts

Yea, that's just a fact that QB's are and have been more valuable to their team than RB's. This award is most valuable player, not best all around player at least to me. That goes to offensive player of the year. If AP breaks the record though, it's his.

36Ounces
I don't understand this thinking, but no biggie.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
I'm just saying who I think will win if certain sh*t happens. If you're asking me who I think should win, then it's Brady or Manning. I'm basing it off value to their team, but yeah they also have to be putting up some numbers. You're right, it's going to be a QB every time. If this was 15 years ago then I'd have a different opinion.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

AP has to share the award with Ponder tho. Because if he didn't suck so much AP wouldn't get so many carries.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#156 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Yea if AP breaks that record or the Vikes make the playoffs, might have to reconsider.

36Ounces
If the vikings make the playoffs. He's definitely MVP. If he breaks the record, I'd still say he needs to get his team to the playoffs. It's a tough go though. The Vikings have to beat Houston this week.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

So if ap breaks 2k but doesnt break the record, you guys dont think he deserves mvp? That is crazy

No_Hablo_Ingles

Chris Johnson.

Some pretty big differences there though. The Titans started 0-6 that year and never really had anything to play for beyond that point, and it's probably fair to say that it's not acoincidence Johnson's production really only really took off after that point. Lewis (as Bobbles mentioned) didn't win it while being on a playoff team due the fact that he relied on the support of a great defense and "only" averaged 5.3 yards per carry (a full yard under what AP has done to this point).

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

So if ap breaks 2k but doesnt break the record, you guys dont think he deserves mvp? That is crazy

Boston_Boyy

Chris Johnson.

Some pretty big differences there though. The Titans started 0-6 that year and never really had anything to play for beyond that point, and it's probably fair to say that it's not acoincidence Johnson's production really only really took off after that point. Lewis (as Bobbles mentioned) didn't win it while being on a playoff team due the fact that he relied on the support of a great defense and "only" averaged 5.3 yards per carry (a full yard under what AP has done to this point).

I am simply pointing out a fairly recent case of a Running back breaking '2K' but not win MVP. Even though RG3 clearly deserves it, as he is our savior blesses be upon him, he won't win because the AP has an issue with rookies winning the MVP.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 36Ounces

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

Yea if AP breaks that record or the Vikes make the playoffs, might have to reconsider.

jg4xchamp

If the vikings make the playoffs. He's definitely MVP. If he breaks the record, I'd still say he needs to get his team to the playoffs. It's a tough go though. The Vikings have to beat Houston this week.

There's too many what ifs right now. Gotta wait til the regular season over. But yea I don't see them beatin Houston.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="36Ounces"]

36Ounces

There's too many what ifs right now. Gotta wait til the regular season over. But yea I don't see them beatin Houston.

Why? The Lions almost beat them and they lost to the Vikings twice.
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 36Ounces

[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] If the vikings make the playoffs. He's definitely MVP. If he breaks the record, I'd still say he needs to get his team to the playoffs. It's a tough go though. The Vikings have to beat Houston this week. Toxic-Seahorse

Can't base sh*t off comparin scores... Could be wrong but I don't see it. Ponder gonna have to play good, and that's hard for him.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#162 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="36Ounces"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] If the vikings make the playoffs. He's definitely MVP. If he breaks the record, I'd still say he needs to get his team to the playoffs. It's a tough go though. The Vikings have to beat Houston this week. Toxic-Seahorse

Lions caught them on a short at home. The Vikings have to play them on the road, in a game that will lock up homefield for Houston, and had a full week to prepare. Plus Houston is a much more balanced offense than Detroit(meaning harder to shut down for the vikings), and the Vikings offense isn't nearly the same threat through the air the Lions can be. It's not really comparable matchup. Run oriented teams the Texans can go up against. It's the pass defense where the Texans are flawed.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Its hard to vote for AP even though he has been outstanding, and the reason for this is because even with him running the way he has they are still only an 8-6 team. Brady to me all the way, without him they aren't where they are and you could definitely argue Manning

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
Earlier I had said Peyton, but I'm changing my mind to AP. Adrian Peterson: 6.3 ypc Christian Ponder: 5.9 ypa I don't remember the last time a RB carried their team like that. The fact that every team is stacking the box with 8 ior 9 guys to stop him, and he still shreds defenses is ridiculous.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#165 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

Its hard to vote for AP even though he has been outstanding, and the reason for this is because even with him running the way he has they are still only an 8-6 team. Brady to me all the way, without him they aren't where they are and you could definitely argue Manning

xscrapzx
You could say that about a lot of non MVP candidates. The Bengals would be going nowhere without Andy Dalton or AJ Green, but neither of them are MVP candidates.
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

Isn't there a Offensive PoTY award? I believe that would go to Peterson, if he continues his pace, with mention of MVP. But MVP most likely going to Manning or perhaps Brady.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Chutebox

Isn't there a Offensive PoTY award? I believe that would go to Peterson, if he continues his pace, with mention of MVP. But MVP most likely going to Manning or perhaps Brady.

Major_Snake
Just get rid of MVP and put best qb in its spot. Same award
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#168 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
[QUOTE="Major_Snake"]

Chutebox

Pretty much. It's stupid.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 No_Hablo_Ingles
If Calvin Johnson's team wasn't so crappy, would he be in the discussion?
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#170 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
[QUOTE="Major_Snake"]

Chutebox

Almost impossible to believe that a kicker once won MVP (Washington's Mark Moseley in 1982).
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Chutebox
If Calvin Johnson's team wasn't so crappy, would he be in the discussion?No_Hablo_Ingles
No. Not a qb
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]If Calvin Johnson's team wasn't so crappy, would he be in the discussion?Chutebox
No. Not a qb

I mean if we are talking about AP, while not Megatron. He is almost certain to break Jerry Rice's record. May even be the first WR to get 2000 yards receiving.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]If Calvin Johnson's team wasn't so crappy, would he be in the discussion?No_Hablo_Ingles
No. Not a qb

I mean if we are talking about AP, while not Megatron. He is almost certain to break Jerry Rice's record. May even be the first WR to get 2000 yards receiving.

Ya, I agree. It is just funny, and I'm guilty of it too, that I literally haven't heard one person bring up Megatron.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] No. Not a qb

Ya, I agree. It is just funny, and I'm guilty of it too, that I literally haven't heard one person bring up Megatron.

Because you have to be on a winning team to get MVP. It's not really fair, but that's the way it is.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#175 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] I mean if we are talking about AP, while not Megatron. He is almost certain to break Jerry Rice's record. May even be the first WR to get 2000 yards receiving.Toxic-Seahorse

Because you have to be on a winning team to get MVP. It's not really fair, but that's the way it is.

True, I think he does deserve offensive player of the year though, as that award generally recognizes the best statistical numbers like 5,000 passing yards (Drew Brees, twice) or 2,000 rushing yards (Chris Johnson in 2009). I'd imagine that his lack of MVP discussion has to do with his team's lack of success, his position, as well as the fact that he only has 5 receiving touchdowns (32 players have more). It's also worth noting that he plays in an offense that may very well set a record in passing attempts, and has a relatively small lead in receiving yards when compared to AD's lead in rushing yardage.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Interdasting

n4fwl.png

36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 36Ounces

Give it to AP if the Vikes get to the playoffs. Crazy how Aaron Rodgers gettin no love. He havin just as good a year as Manning or Brady.