Michael Vick signs a 6 year, $100 million contract with Eagles.

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

The contract gives him $40 million guarantee. I think they overpaid. :?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/29/eagles-vick-agree-to-six-year-100-million-deal/?module=HP11_breaking_news

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 No_Hablo_Ingles
DeSean you are next!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50561 Posts

Wow, that is way too much...

16 million a year....LOL

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 No_Hablo_Ingles

Chutebox
Then that should be good for your team. *does quick math* 16 Mill at year!? .... he better not get hurt... and win us a SB... or two...
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chutebox  Online
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

No_Hablo_Ingles
Then that should be good for your team. *does quick math* 16 Mill at year!? .... he better not get hurt... and win us a SB... or two...

lol, Snyder would have given him 30m a year! And ya, 16m a year.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#7 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
16 million a year for an injury prone, 31 year old QB who had one good season? Good for him for turning his life and career around, but damn, Philly overpaid big time.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Chutebox

lol, Snyder would have given him 30m a year! And ya, 16m a year.

yeah, but Vick seems to want to honestly stay in Philly... hopefully they can manage to pay Desean Jackson... but 16 mill a year? That 6 mill more then I thought...
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 No_Hablo_Ingles
we must have different definition of the word injury prone...
pokecharm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#10 pokecharm
Member since 2011 • 1474 Posts

aren't they supposed to be the dream team now? I will enjoy them losing to my Giants this season *please let karma not come back to bite me for that comment...*

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 No_Hablo_Ingles
Vick average salary (16.7) is now the third highest paid player in the NFL.... only behind Brady (18.01) and P.Manning (18)... but the Eagles managed to pay him less this year then they would have under the franchise tag, saving about 2.5 mill to enter the DeSean Jackson fund.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

how can anyone consider this a dream team, you may have good skill position players BUT with that pathetic o line it's just a matter of time till Vick takes off running and get JACKED UP again

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
Desean Jackson is a sad panda.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 No_Hablo_Ingles
Desean Jackson is a sad panda.TheGrat1
hHe's next according to the gm.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#15 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
we must have different definition of the word injury prone...No_Hablo_Ingles
Indeed we must. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm Take a gander at the "GS" column, or, "games started." Oh, he has only started 16 games ONCE in his entire career. How odd. Please, we can debate on how good he is, but you can't deny he is a lock to miss a few games each year.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

They'll be regretting this 3 years from now when he's done (he'll be 34) and they don't have a Lombardi Trophy to show for it.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
What kind of world do we live in where a dog killer can make 100+ times as much as the people who rescue and save animal's lives?
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 No_Hablo_Ingles

Other then the freak injury against the Ravens, in which his foot got stuck in the turf, he has never missed a substantial amount of time. Miss 1 game a year because a twisted ankle or the coach keeping you out before the playoffs isn't "injury prone" And considering he gets hit more then any/most QBs in the NFL and still plays 14-15 games a year, and has never missed a playoff game because of injury, isn't injury prone. If Vick frequently blew out his shoulder two years straight like Stafford, you would have a point.

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fsurb28

What kind of world do we live in where a person calls out some1 but fails 2 call out everyone else, unless i'm mistaken i'm sure vick isn't the only 1 in this world that's done something idiotic

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

6 years? Thats way to long. Add to the fact that every season he is going to slow down.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 No_Hablo_Ingles

6 years? Thats way to long. Add to the fact that every season he is going to slow down.

sherman-tank1
Well if you think about it, it's smart by the Eagles. If he regresses or whatever, they cut him before he creates a large(r) dent in the salary cap. It was back loaded, so they can cut him if he gets bad (hope that doesn't happen). Just like McNabbs contract with the Redskins, Vick probably won't see a lot of the money.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Messiahbolical-

What kind of world do we live in where a person calls out some1 but fails 2 call out everyone else, unless i'm mistaken i'm sure vick isn't the only 1 in this world that's done something idiotic

fsurb28
Here we go again with the people who keep trying to downplay the fact that he's a DOG KILLER. Sure there's a lot of idiots in the world, but killing dogs for the sole purpose of entertainment is just downright pathetic. That's about as low as someone can get. He deserves to be called out on it every chance he gets. F*** him and anyone else like him.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Desean Jackson is a sad panda.No_Hablo_Ingles

I would be a nice showing of good will if they did his contract first though, he has been there longer than Vick.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="TheGrat1"]Desean Jackson is a sad panda.TheGrat1

I would be a nice showing of good will if they did his contract first though, he has been there longer than Vick.

I don't think they could. They were right against the salary cap. Extending Vick gives them an extra 1.5 mill (maybe 2.5 mill) to work on a contract that DeSean will accept. After a few cuts and trades, the Eagles should have more then enough to pay both.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Hilariously bad contract.

He has two MAYBE three elite years left and you have to hope he doesnt get injured while in his prime.

Vick got absolutely rocked later on in the season when they figured him out. The Vikings game gave you a cheat sheet on how to slow down Vick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

No_Hablo_Ingles

Well if you think about it, it's smart by the Eagles. If he regresses or whatever, they cut him before he creates a large(r) dent in the salary cap. It was back loaded, so they can cut him if he gets bad (hope that doesn't happen). Just like McNabbs contract with the Redskins, Vick probably won't see a lot of the money.

Well why can't they just sign him to a, say, 3 year contract and then when that expires see where to go next? I'm not an expert with all the contract stuff so that is why I'm asking.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

fsurb28

Good to know I'm not the only one who feels disgusted by the Dog Killer.
What kind of world do we live in where a dog killer can make 100+ times as much as the people who rescue and save animal's lives?Messiahbolical-

We call them out one at a time.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
With that said, one SB and it's all worth it. If not, then that it's that.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="fsurb28"] **** you, bro. Save that crap for the PETA message board. If you want to talk

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

sherman-tank1

Well why can't they just sign him to a, say, 3 year contract and then when that expires see where to go next? I'm not an expert with all the contract stuff so that is why I'm asking.

A 3 year contract Vick would be asking for more this season. This year he gets 14 mill (2 mill less then the Franchise tag) but in later seasons Vick would get paid more then the 16.7 mill average. However, if the Eagles cut him before the 21 or 22 mill his final season, he doesn't get paid that amount. So think of it like this. Vick plays 3 years under the 3 year contract you said, and gets paid 16.7 each (50.1 mill). Vick plays 3 years under his new contract (14 the first year, 15 then next, 17 the next) he gets 47 mill. If he doesn't perform they cut him, they spent less then they would have under the 3 year deal.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I'm one of Vick's biggest supporters, but I think they overpaid by a TON. I doubt he has six years left in him, especially with the style he plays, and 40 mil guaranteed? I would've given him less in guaranteed money. Frankly, I thought they'd be trying to replace him as soon as possible considering his age, they might get caught on the hook for way more than they bargained for.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
Lets face it, if the eagles didn't pay him this some other team would have, and they can only tag him once now. It's easy to say they over paid, but the reality is if they want him for more than this one year they had to. I wish the Raiders were more willing to do the same with Zach Miller and Nnamdi.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
Its not like he can really enjoy it cause alot of it goes to his creditors. Or am I missing somthing and I just should read the link?
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fsurb28

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

Messiahbolical-

Here we go again with the people who keep trying to downplay the fact that he's a DOG KILLER. Sure there's a lot of idiots in the world, but killing dogs for the sole purpose of entertainment is just downright pathetic. That's about as low as someone can get. He deserves to be called out on it every chance he gets. F*** him and anyone else like him.

that's some good reading comprehension you've got there buddy, how about try again and thinking before posting, oh yeah, since you got a problem with him hop into your car and go tell him, that'll be more effective and manly instead of being a keyboard gangsta

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

What kind of world do we live in where a dog killer can make 100+ times as much as the people who rescue and save animal's lives?Messiahbolical-

I'm pretty sure he doesn't get paid forthe dog killing, so... yeah.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="fsurb28"]

monkeytoes61

I thought we were past this. You are probably too ignorant to realize that Michael Vick is now one of the big players in the fight AGAINST dog fighting. He goes to different schools and talks to kids about how terrible it is. He realized what he was doing was wrong, and is now trying to stop the practice of dog fighting. Nearly everyone deserves a second chance. I am just happy that he is using that second chance well, and that he turned his life around.

He also went to congress to speak attending dog fighting events a felony.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

fsurb28
A world where dogs don't mean ****. **** them dogs.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox  Online

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

No_Hablo_Ingles

They're paying him 40m guaranteed aren't they? Pretty large dent there lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox  Online

monkeytoes61

I thought we were past this. You are probably too ignorant to realize that Michael Vick is now one of the big players in the fight AGAINST dog fighting. He goes to different schools and talks to kids about how terrible it is. He realized what he was doing was wrong, and is now trying to stop the practice of dog fighting. Nearly everyone deserves a second chance. I am just happy that he is using that second chance well, and that he turned his life around.

I'm fine with his second chance and all that stuff. It's all behind him. But do you honestly believe he "realized that" or believe that he wanted to play in the NFL again and not go to jail again?

Let's be realistic lol.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

As others mentioned, I think they overpaid them. The Eagles have better hope they get at laset one Lombardi trophy.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Chutebox

They're paying him 40m guaranteed aren't they? Pretty large dent there lol.

yeah... can't argue with that... still surprised it was that much... but if he wins a SB, it will totally be worth it!
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Messiahbolical-

monkeytoes61

I don't believe that he's doing that out of heart. I believe that he's doing that because he HAS to in order to try to get people like you to forgive and forget about the terrible stuff he was doing before so he could salvage any chance he has left of having a decent public image so he can continue to make millions of dollars a year. If he never got caught, I believe he'd still be killing dogs left and right to this day having a great ol' time doing it. It's one thing for a criminal to repent his crimes after he's been punished for them, but it's a completely different thing for a criminal to repent and regret his crimes and put an end to them completely not out of punishment but out of pure heart and conscience. And I believe that Vick is of the former mentioned. He didn't stop killing dogs because he wanted to, he stopped killing dogs because he had to... and that's why I still have no respect for him.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fsurb28

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Here we go again with the people who keep trying to downplay the fact that he's a DOG KILLER. Sure there's a lot of idiots in the world, but killing dogs for the sole purpose of entertainment is just downright pathetic. That's about as low as someone can get. He deserves to be called out on it every chance he gets. F*** him and anyone else like him.Messiahbolical-

I don't believe that he's doing that out of heart. I believe that he's doing that because he HAS to in order to try to get people like you to forgive and forget about the terrible stuff he was doing before so he could salvage any chance he has left of having a decent public image so he can continue to make millions of dollars a year. If he never got caught, I believe he'd still be killing dogs left and right to this day having a great ol' time doing it. It's one thing for a criminal to repent his crimes after he's been punished for them, but it's a completely different thing for a criminal to repent and regret his crimes and put an end to them completely not out of punishment but out of pure heart and conscience. And I believe that Vick is of the former mentioned. He didn't stop killing dogs because he wanted to, he stopped killing dogs because he had to... and that's why I still have no respect for him.

so you talked to mike and that's what he told you, i for one don't know if he's sincere or not but 1 thing i won't do is go around passing judgement as if i talk to that person and know their true intentions

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Messiahbolical-

so you talked to mike and that's what he told you, i for one don't know if he's sincere or not but 1 thing i won't do is go around passing judgement as if i talk to that person and know their true intentions

fsurb28
That's just my opinion. I have the right to judge someone's character however I want. You don't have to agree with me. But don't sit here and act as if I don't have the right to judge someone. The bottom line is: He killed dogs for entertainment purposes. That makes me already not like him as a person, and makes me have very little confidence in his conscience. And on top of that, he didn't stop until he got caught. That makes me have even less confidence in him. Maybe if he did it a few times and said "You know what... this is actually pretty f***ed up, that's enough I'm going to cut this crap out" and just stopped and regretted it right then and there, then I'd probably cut him some more slack. But I think if anyone goes from living the high life making millions a year for throwing footballs, to sitting in a jail cell for an extended period of time, they're going to regret it whether it's because their conscience wants them to or not. That's my opinion. Like I said, you don't have to agree with it but don't expect to change it.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]What kind of world do we live in where a dog killer can make 100+ times as much as the people who rescue and save animal's lives?SPYDER0416

I'm pretty sure he doesn't get paid forthe dog killing, so... yeah.

Are you implying that what he DOES get paid millions upon millions a year for makes a whole lot more sense than killing dogs? Because let me remind you what he does. He throws a ball.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 No_Hablo_Ingles
But don't sit here and act as if I don't have the right to judge someone. Messiahbolical-
You have the right to shout till your lungs collapse atop your soap box screaming whatever judgements you wish.... or you can do something productive (like volunteer at your local animal shelter.). The fact of the matter is, posting non-sports related matters, on a sports forum about "This world is so terrible, what kind of world do we live in when ..." gets annoying.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 No_Hablo_Ingles
Because let me remind you what he does. He throws a ball.Messiahbolical-
entertains people in a 9 billion dollar business...
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fsurb28

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

Messiahbolical-

That's just my opinion. I have the right to judge someone's character however I want. You don't have to agree with me. But don't sit here and act as if I don't have the right to judge someone. The bottom line is: He killed dogs for entertainment purposes. That makes me already not like him as a person, and makes me have very little confidence in his conscience. And on top of that, he didn't stop until he got caught. That makes me have even less confidence in him. Maybe if he did it a few times and said "You know what... this is actually pretty f***ed up, that's enough I'm going to cut this crap out" and just stopped and regretted it right then and there, then I'd probably cut him some more slack. But I think if anyone goes from living the high life making millions a year for throwing footballs, to sitting in a jail cell for an extended period of time, they're going to regret it whether it's because their conscience wants them to or not. That's my opinion. Like I said, you don't have to agree with it but don't expect to change it.

the way i see it is he did the crime and did the time, he doesn't owe you or anyone else ( except the trustee ) a darn thing for that matter, so basically you dislike ALL people who committ crimes or is it certain ones, because if it's only certain ones then that is nothing but a hypocrite and makes you or anyone else no better than him

deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Here we go again with the people who keep trying to downplay the fact that he's a DOG KILLER. Sure there's a lot of idiots in the world, but killing dogs for the sole purpose of entertainment is just downright pathetic. That's about as low as someone can get. He deserves to be called out on it every chance he gets. F*** him and anyone else like him.Messiahbolical-

Dude get a life this about micheal vick signing 6 year 100 millon dont bring that bs in here.