Michael Vick signs a 6 year, $100 million contract with Eagles.

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]

Vick's contract Vick's annual salary breaks down as follows:

2011 – $10 million (plus $3 million roster bonus and $7 million signing bonus)

2012 – $12.5 million

2013 – $15.5 million

2014- $15 million (plus $3 million roster bonus)

2015 – $14.5 million (plus $2 million roster bonus)

2016 – $20 million (but will likely be voided)

So basically it's not that bad since he will never see the 20 mill in the final year...

Chutebox

I think you got it backwards, NFL network was saying he gets 20m his first year.

... he does, he also "gets" (will never happen) 20 mill in his final season NFL network added the 3 million roster bonus and the 7 mill signing bonus to his salary this year (10 mill in base salary).... so 3+7+10 = 20.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

2012 – $12.5 million

2013 – $15.5 million

So basically it's not that bad since he will never see the 20 mill in the final year...

Chutebox

I think you got it backwards, NFL network was saying he gets 20m his first year.

10 + 3 + 7 = 20

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 No_Hablo_Ingles
Also Vick gets an additional bonus (3 million) if he wins a SB in the next 3 years.... so get it done Vick!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50594 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

2012 – $12.5 million

2013 – $15.5 million

No_Hablo_Ingles

... he does, he also "gets" (will never happen) 20 mill in his final season NFL network added the 3 million roster bonus and the 7 mill signing bonus to his salary this year (10 mill in base salary).... so 3+7+10 = 20.

Oh, just saw the parenthesis.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 No_Hablo_Ingles
Now that I see this contract, I like this deal. Vick gets paid 20 mill the first year, while players like McCoy/DeSean/Maclin are still on rookie deals and cheap, then in the season they are coming up to free agency, Eagles have 7.5 mill to tie them up. Good cap management and these Eagles (the main core) can be together for the next 5 year and hopefully (PLEASE!) win multiple championships "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6.... not 7" :lol: Ignore the last part....
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

hate to break it to any eagle fans out there but with that pathetic o line there won't be 1 championship

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 No_Hablo_Ingles

hate to break it to any eagle fans out there but with that pathetic o line there won't be 1 championship

fsurb28

Did you ask your Magic 8 ball or did you pull a fortune cookie from your ass?

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

I bet you he gets injured and then he gets traded.

VodkaFTW
Can't trade injured players.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 fsurb28

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

No_Hablo_Ingles

no i used my common sense, so you honestly think that o line will give him the time he'll need cause guess what, just like last year and while in atlanta when he takes off whether some1 is open or not it's just a matter of will this be the play he gets jacked up again, that's what i pulled from my ass

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

fsurb28

no i used my common sense, so you honestly think that o line will give him the time he'll need cause guess what, just like last year and while in atlanta when he takes off whether some1 is open or not it's just a matter of will this be the play he gets jacked up again, that's what i pulled from my ass

I think the O-line is a work in progress that are learning a complicated scheme from the greatest offensive line coach in the NFL. They now have two anchors at the Tackle positions, and a offensive guard that ranked as the second best offensive lineman in the NFL according to profootball insider. The other two are Rookies that have shown promise, but are just that rookies. Both shown more then the ability to learn, as will only get better as the season progresses. Are they a super bowl oline now? mostly, no. But I'm not hoping for my team to win the best O-line award in August, I want them to be one of the best by December.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 fsurb28

sorry but they remind me of baltimores o line and that's why neither team won't see the promise land

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 No_Hablo_Ingles

sorry but they remind me of baltimores o linefsurb28

I don't watch the Raven's like that... so I'll take your word for it?

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 fsurb28

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

sorry but they remind me of baltimores o lineNo_Hablo_Ingles

i don't watch any team "like that," you ever heard of sportscenter, monday night countdown, etc?

'

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

sorry but they remind me of baltimores o linefsurb28

i don't watch any team "like that," you ever heard of sportscenter, monday night countdown, etc?

They rarely talk about offensive line players... or offensive line units for that matter. ESPN did a lot of power ranking for each position (and helmets, coaches, etc...) but they didn't do a top offensive line units...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Chutebox

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] I don't watch the Raven's like that... so I'll take your word for it?

No_Hablo_Ingles

They rarely talk about offensive line players... or offensive line units for that matter. ESPN did a lot of power ranking for each position (and helmets, coaches, etc...) but they didn't do a top offensive line units...

It's pretty easy to watch highlights and see a bad offensive line w/o them saying anything about it. Not commenting on Eagles Oline as I haven't watched them.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#116 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

i don't watch any team "like that," you ever heard of sportscenter, monday night countdown, etc?Chutebox

It's pretty easy to watch highlights and see a bad offensive line w/o them saying anything about it. Not commenting on Eagles Oline as I haven't watched them.

Sure is, just watch a Seahawks game for Bad Offensive Lines 101.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] They rarely talk about offensive line players... or offensive line units for that matter. ESPN did a lot of power ranking for each position (and helmets, coaches, etc...) but they didn't do a top offensive line units...

monkeytoes61

Sure is, just watch a Seahawks game for Bad Offensive Lines 101.

Heh, I think 49ers got yall beat.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

i don't watch any team "like that," you ever heard of sportscenter, monday night countdown, etc?Chutebox

I'm not a fan of using highlights in football or basketball to judge anything things like offensive line play. Joe Thomas can dominate D.Ware for an entire game, but if D Ware gets past him once and causes a big play they show that instead of the other 50 times where Joe won the battle.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 fsurb28

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] I don't watch the Raven's like that... so I'll take your word for it?

No_Hablo_Ingles

there's no need to, all anyone would have to do is use a little logic and realize why some qb's are out of the pocket, why some take off running, why their offense isn't putting up big numbers, etc i'm not talking about rankings, all i'm saying is their o line is not good enough for a sb winner ( insert what the o lines job is here just in case you're wandering what i'm trying to say )

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

I really don't know why everyone hypes this guy. As far as I'm concerned he is an average QB with good running skills. Great athlete I'll give him that, but 100 million? Really? The Falcons paid the same for him, the Eagles should have asked them how they made out with that contract. Since this guy has come into the league everyone sweats him and I just don't get it. Fun to watch? Ok I guess, but honestly he is not even a top 10 QB in my opinion.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] They rarely talk about offensive line players... or offensive line units for that matter. ESPN did a lot of power ranking for each position (and helmets, coaches, etc...) but they didn't do a top offensive line units...

No_Hablo_Ingles

I'm not a fan of using highlights in football or basketball to judge anything things like offensive line play. Joe Thomas can dominate D.Ware for an entire game, but if D Ware gets past him once and causes a big play they show that instead of the other 50 times where Joe won the battle.

Ya but the difference is that one play you see on sportscenter is most likely the play that changed the whole game around. Of course you can't judge it by watching sportscenter, but thats why they call them playmakers, no d-lineman or linebacker gets to the QB 30-40 times a game, impossible. The point is you can't allow that big play happen.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 monkeytoes61

My list of QBs who are better than Vick: Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Schaub. For me, he is on the same tier with Eli, Romo, and Ryn.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 No_Hablo_Ingles

there's no need to, all anyone would have to do is use a little logic and realize why some qb's are out of the pocket, why some take off running, why their offense isn't putting up big numbers, etc i'm not talking about rankings, all i'm saying is their o line is not good enough for a sb winner ( insert what the o lines job is here just in case you're wandering what i'm trying to say )

fsurb28

But that doesn't really work in the Eagles case... they were in the top 3 in scoring and 5 rushing last year... and top 10 in passing... Vick ran 100 times last year, but 36 were designed runs... I get your point, kind of.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 No_Hablo_Ingles

My list of QBs who are better than Vick: Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Schaub. For me, he is on the same tier with Eli, Romo, and Ryn.

monkeytoes61
FIne list. I have Vick as the 7th best QB.....
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 monkeytoes61
[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]

No_Hablo_Ingles
FIne list. I have Vick as the 7th best QB.....

Wait, Philip Rivers isn't in your top seven...... who is?
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] Wait, Philip Rivers isn't in your top seven...... who is?monkeytoes61
I said Rivers is a better QB... in our discussions.... several times. i usually follow by saying that Vick is a better player, and has a larger impact on the game.

Edit: Like on page 4

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] Only a delirious Eagles fan could honestly convince himself that Michael Vick is a better QB that Philip Rivers.No_Hablo_Ingles

He is a better overall player, not a better QB.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Chutebox

No_Hablo_Ingles

Well, not really referring to one play.