barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
4:00 AM James Cloud left early for work, tournament preparations were heavy today. Plenty of work to be done, and since he was being paid, he figured he'd better be there.
6:45 AM Lenny was already up when Chan came bounding down the stairs. "And what might you be doing up this early?" Chan pumped his fist in the air. "School's out! Sergio finally came to his senses and canceled it for the day, I hear." Lenny rolled his eyes. "Actually, no, he didn't. The principal doesn't have such authority, it's the board that does. And the board decided that it needed to be shut down today because of a murder in the Cherryside neighborhood, AKA where the high school is." Chan opened his mouth, then shut it again. Then opened it again. "Oh." "Exactly. Apparently, a police officer was killed while investigating strange happenings, and they figure it's not a good idea to send kids walking through the area to school on their own." Chan grimaced. "An officer shot? I guess that is pretty serious. So, what about our papers?" Lenny shrugged. "Due Monday." Chan smiled again. "Well, that's good at least. So, what do you want to do today, then? Tournament's not until tomorrow, we're both finished with our papers..." "Barely." "...And have nothing else to really do..." "Actually, there is one thing." Lenny pointed at Chan's hand. "Where's your ring?" Chan shrugged. "Who needs that thing yet? It's just for the tournament." "Dad gave us those, they have to be important. I want to stop at the tournament sometime today, and I'm sure he'd want us to have those when we see him." "Aw, fine, I'll get it before we head out. Anyway, as I was saying, how about we head over to Cherryside and maybe, investigate? And check out the school, just to see what they're up to." Chan said the last like he was pretending it was an afterthought, versus what he really wanted to do. "Yeah, like they're going to let us in." "You never know. Up for it?" Lenny sighed. "Fine, so long as we stop at the coliseum sometime." "Deal. Too easy, anyway. You also want to do this, don't you?" "Yep. Let's go, after you get the ring." Chan did so, and they headed out at roughly 6:53. Breakfast could wait, both had the idea of hitting the Cherryside Bakery near the library anyway, they just forgot to bring it up.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#152 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

8:00 AM

"Rise and shine Sirvanna, it's-a time to get a move on. Make sure you put on that ring. Oh, and you are gonna need to lose the robes."

Sirvanna suddenly put herself in a covering position. "Danial! Shame on you."

"Quit screwing around and take them off. I'm trying to be serious here. We can't go making it look obvious we are trained killers. The people in there are probably more aware of who we are than everyone else due to them trying to keep good security, and I know they can spot an assassin when they see one."

"Fine, fine. I can never have fun with you can I?" Sirvanna sighed to herself and began preparing. When she was done, she had blue jeans on, and a white t-shirt, that looked a little tight on her. Danial always said it looked tight, but Sirvanna always replies: "It's not tight, I'm just bigger." She never fails at making Danial shake his head.

The time was now 8:15. Women always take forever to get dressed. By the time she finished Danial was outside already. He was wearling all black now opposed to all red, sporting black pants and a combat black shirt he had that had some armor padding on it. He jerked his head in a summoning motion and the two got on their way.

9:59 AM exactly, the two arrived a minute before the thing started. Lucky too, because that's when he needed to be there.

OOC: Not sure if it was 10:00 or the other time, I know one of the times of day Danial had to be there, so if I dun goofed I will edit it.

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts
11:37 AM:Realizing nothing important to her is scheduled for this day,Glam sat down on teh couch....and did nothing.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts

7:30AM

Ge-Yin remained asleep but a soft and strange sound could be heard in his sleep. Pitch black a face was fading in though it was too dark to see who is was. Suddenly, within a split second flash the face reveal with no eyes but red dots for pupils and a menacing grin spread, a distorted chuckle throughout. Ge-Yin leaped up and saw El-Len looking down at him.

"Brother, are you okay?" She asked like he seen a ghost or something. "Come on, we have to leave at 8:00. So get ready." El-Len patted Ge-Yin on the head to wake him up knowing not much of a early bird he is. A cold chill blew down his spine but he shrugged it off, put his bandana on, and headed to the living room to eat breakfast.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#155 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Currently waiting on the two sets of Twins to arrive somewhere before I'll have something for them. ;)
10:00 - Colisum Competitors' Entrance The guard at the door checked Danial's wristband and checked it against his clipboard. "All right Mr.... A? Mr. A it is, I suppose. Head on downstairs and check out what rings you need to be in for your fights at what times. You'll have three to six of them, depending on how you do, with at least a half an hour between each. Feel free to watch from the sidelines and socialize in your downtime, but you can't leave until we're done, save for getting shipped to the hospital." He then turned to Sirvanna, and noticed she didn't have a competitor wristband, but he did see her ring. "Your girlfriend can't come through here," he explained, "but they'll find a seat for here if she'd like to watch from the stands. The VIP ticket gate is over to the left, next to the castle."
11:40 - Outside Glam's place. Some commotion began to stir just outside of Glam's front door. "Holy hell, Karissa wasn't joking!" "Joking about what?" "The cyborg. She said there's a huge reward for him, alive or dead, and he's right over there!" "She also told us to stay the hell away from it, and that we're supposed to wait and abduct the pink hedgehog. You're not seriously..." "There's two of us and one of him. Come on, Rico, this is our chance!" "Dude, you're insane!" "Oh, come on. We've got weapons. He's got some metal skin. You distract him, I stab him in the back." "You know the target we're supposed to be after is probably awake and listening to us..." "So am I," a third voice chimed in. "Oh, and I brought weapons, if you'd like." "What wea-" A metalic chink led to a moment's pause, and then a scream of terror that could curdle blood. Then came sounds of struggle, a heavy thus, and panicked, running footsteps heading out into the distance. "Idiots..." The third voice muttered, and then came a series of loud knocks on Glam's door. "I'm looking to hire a musician, and I some friends said I could find a good one here. Anyone home?"
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 barren167
8:46 AM. The crime investigation was totally useless, the pair of guards shooed the boys out before they got within a hundred yards of the place, which was terribly disappointing, though Chan resolved to find his way into there later. After a stop at the bakery for breakfast and a decent walk to a new district, Lenny and Chan made it to school just after it'd normally be starting, to find a few students who didn't get the message just arriving/leaving, and a certain stubborn principal entering the building to start his day's work. Chan decided it'd be fun to tag after Sergio to see his reaction to the board's overruling of his non-cancellation of school, while Lenny prefered to head to the library to research that ring symbol in the book he'd noticed earlier, so the two parted ways temporarily. It wasn't that Lenny didn't care about the school, it was just that he'd been there on off days before, and just now decided the symbol was of greater concern, as he saw a black-clad man wearing a ring with the same symbol as he passed by, headed in the direction of the coliseum. If they were getting around, Lenny figured they must be important.
8:47 AM Chan entered the school, tailing principal Sergio for a few minutes, only for the guy to enter his office and slam the door. Chan tried knocking, just because.
8:49 AM Lenny entered the library and headed right for the technology section, looking again for that one book, hoping no one had checked it out. His memory of the symbol was clear, its purpose in the book was terribly vague.
This isn't too much separation or anything, is it? EDIT: Retcon of previous posts: Based on new data presented to me, it was a different book he noticed versus the same one he'd been reading, and the high school's in a different district so it's not in the slums.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 SuperSmashBro1

11:42(She was too busy eating toast to care at first,since all toasters toast toast!)

Glam picked up her guitar,and opened up the door.

"Sure..um,what was that about alive or dead?Cuz' it disturbs me when people say alive or dead,its almost as bad as saying Tails & Sonic."

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 sonicphc
Heh. Uh, barren, the crime took place in the slums. Sorry for not making that clear. Let's retcon that bit of your post to say that the police were keeping people away from the family while they were interviewed. Also, the rings don't bear any particular symbol. They're just a translucent crystal, and rather crudely cut such that the outside is very jagged. ;)
09:00 - Library Lenny didn't have too much trouble finding the book, though the librarian thought it was strange that he was looking for it. The reason became abundantly clear upon opening it. There were plenty of pages with pictures of rings similar to the one he was wearing... but the writing was all in a completely incomprehensible language, the likes of which Lenny had never seen before.
11:42 - Glam's place At the door was a red hedgehog, his skin covered with metal. His left eye was mechanical, with a glowing red dot in place of a pupil. "Some people have no common sense," he explained as he gestured to the unconscious Dingo on his right. "Anyhow, I'm planning an event for this evening and need a, ah, 'kickass' musician, I think would be the term. I was wondering if you'd oblige. There's plenty of money in it, if you'd like."
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 barren167
Wish you'd told me that when I brought up the ring's symbol about 50 posts ago... Also, it was a book he'd read much earlier for his report, the one written by Jasmine (which I did ask your permission for, if you'll recall). for it to suddenly be incomprehensible means, well, it'd not be the same book, not one he'd read or anything I'd think. As for it being in the slums, well, I guess I'll also have to retcon the high school out of there...
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SuperSmashBro1
Her reply was an obvious"Of course."
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 barren167
Lenny scanned over some of the pages and filed them away in his memory, resolving to research the language at a future date. He wanted to know more about that ring. Checking his watch, he wondered if they should be heading to the coliseum now, as they did have the tickets to the preliminaries after all. But Lenny just wasn't interested in that right now, he had an investigation to do. Besides, Chan was just getting himself kicked out of school on a day off, so Lenny figured he should meet him and discuss their next plan of action. Chan wanted to head over to the coliseum next, but Lenny didn't "know" that, so they had to talk. Chan also wanted to try and get James in on his ticket, but Lenny didn't know that either...
9:12 AM Chan was headed over to the coliseum after picking up James, something that made Lenny feel almost guilty being aware of, even with it not involving any participation on his own part. He wondered at that, but shrugged it off. He had a ring-leader to look up.
9:44 AM Chan and James arrived at the coliseum. Naturally, James was enthralled at the proceedings, as well as pleased that Chan assured him that his father wouldn't be at the coliseum or near it all day. Chan hoped to avoid running into his father to avoid awkward explanations about where his brother was, the last thing he wanted to do was offend Dad. Lenny was coming later, anyway, so it wasn't as if his ticket were being wasted. The two boys got in the line to enter the building. Obviously, James has no ring, while Chan is wearing his.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Soniczero1993
Danial began to enter, then turned to Sirvanna, who was about to complain until he shook his finger at her. He didn't need her in danger, so a seat in the stands was safe enough for her to be. Sirvanna had split off from Danial to go where she was supposed to be, while Danial headed downstairs.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#163 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

Isaac woke up with a slight headache but a strange sense of warmness and achievement. He checked his alarm, and saw the time displayed boldly as 8:02AM. He jumped with a jolt, checked a pamphlet he had, and quickly readied himself. Rushing out the door close to 8:20, Isaac slammed his door behind him, and noticed something strange. His ring was glowing a deep red color. A passionate red that warmly soothed him. In bewilderment, he gazed at it for a second, before he breathed out an amazed "What is this...?" He couldn't bring himself to say anything else. 

After swiftly slipping on his plaid jacket, he rushed down the streets and found his way to the colosseum. 8:47AM. He found a man at the gate greeting people. "Hope I'm not late!"

"State your name, please."

"Isaac Cardinal."

"Oh, one of our competitors. Good to see you, you're on time. Please go to the lower stadium for the beginning of the preliminaries."

"Yessir!" An eager face adorned with a confident smile, Isaac made his way to the lower stadium and viewed the surroundings. "...I've never seen anything like this before. It's... amazing!" 

snake8head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 snake8head
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hey all, just so everyone knows, I know PHC IRL and we've already worked out the technicalities of my first day interactions with his NPC. I've also RP'd my character's first day with him and I'll be posting it by tomorrow (well...today) morning.

For my character's detailed bio I have a Google doc with the rather large amount of information that I'm still working on. If any of you care to read it all here's the link: (I'll update this when the bio is complete.)

Das Link

Here are some of the highlights for the TLDR type:

Name: James Soogn Kriegfuchs (German for War Fox)

Birthplace: Mobotropolis, formerly the Southwestern District

Appearance: Stands 5' 5", Dark 'Noble' Red fur with white tipped tail, feet, and hands. A Tiger stripped red/white pattern is on his face radically outward centered between his eyes. (Only one tail on this fox...)

He is not a member of any guild or faction…yet…

Profession: Musician and musical entertainer. (And is currently seeking musicians for a new ensemble! =D) As a side job Jim also builds and repairs various pieces of legal/legacy technology. Formerly was a member of the renovation effort and spent most of his time repairing the communication systems. He also did limited work on the spires in the past. He worked on design/analysis of large red spheres at the top and some kind of weird shaped antenna-things. He was not told what their application was for.

==== Abilities: Technological Prowess and 'resonance' Magic. ====

Is proficient at various forms of tech. Can build and repair almost any legacy technology. All of his repair business is for legal forms of technology as of present. Has a particularly high amount of experience in various forms of communication hardware and audio technology and a fair amount of experience with robotics (duh).

His magic is rather unique as it is not the same as most conventional magic practices. He has the ability to manipulate, detect, and control various types of resonances. This can be anything from acoustical resonance to electromagnetic resonances. He is able to sense much more types of resonances, however is not aware of that initially and will take time for him to learn he can.

==== Equipment ====

Electrically-Enhanced Conductors Baton. Has the ability to change shape into an eskrima length weapon that he uses in conjunction with his magic as a virbro-staff-esque device. Primarily useful for deflecting oncoming attacks. (I'll put a simple photo-shopping of my concept in the bio doc at some point.)

Wrist computer. This is one of his primary analysis tools and also acts as his PDA. It has various adapter kits (of Jim's own design) that can interface with just about any computer system in the city.

Backpack and pockets. Depending on what Jim is planning, he will also wear his utility suit or backpack which simply is a collection of pouches to store his various gadgets or bounty.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 barren167
About time you showed up, I expected you weeks ago. :P
9:31 AM Research into the ring got him no further at the library, so he did a bit of research on the coliseum instead. They changed directors this year, a Newton Shayron was in charge of them this year. Lenny had never heard the name, so he looked him up in the library. He had no way of knowing whether this was the man to give the ring, but he figured it'd definitely be something to look up, if for no other reason than that this guy was something like his Dad's boss.
BABYLON1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 BABYLON1990
Member since 2007 • 1732 Posts

Babylon and Neo woke up at 8:00.

Babylon began his physical and magical morning workouts, while Neo began his traditional morning racket with his tech.

They came together at 9:00 for breakfast.

Babylon checked the package he had recieved. There was a shiny ring inside with a blue gemstone. He thought it was important, so he put it on. He folded the paper into his gloves and put the box aside.

Babylon left at 9:30 for the tournament prelims. Neo prepared to leave for the Mech Builders Union with his large project.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 sonicphc
snake8 will post his first day soon enough, but the major things to know for now about James's first day are that he entered the tournament and had an encounter with Kyson wherein he received one of the red rings. - Entered in the tournament bright and early. - Late at night, entered a warehouse in the unrennovated district, where he had an encounter with Kyson and received a red ring.
09:35 - Library The librarian "hmm"d and "hah"d as she ran a couple of searches on the catalog for Lenny. "Well," she finally said, "I found something, but it's probably not what you're looking for. It would appear that Newton was one of a number of co-authors on that textbook you were looking at earlier. A fun bit of history of that one, for you: The main writing credit went to Jasmine only because their university wanted to focus on promoting female engineers. Also, as you probably saw, that book has the most impressive misprint in the history of Ruby-corp. You probably saw the pages with random scrawling and a lot of random pictures. They said the machine glitched, but the same misprint is every copy of the book's first edition. It's a wonder nobody caught it until it came time to ship..."
9:45 - Coliseum Chan and friend get in just fine.
10:00 - Coliseum Underground (The following post is for All Tournament Entrants. You're welcome to post your morning stuff if you'd like, or just fast-forward your characters to this point) The room everyone had been herded into was, in a word, huge. Taking up the bulk of it were four, square combat arenas, each 12.5 meters on all sides and raised a meter above the ground. The arenas were separated from eachother by a meter of space, and had guard rails anchored at the corners and running along the arena edges at heights of a half meter and a full meter. (When asked why all the measurements were in meters and not in yards, as was typical of previous arena constructions, Newton simply replied, "engineer"). The walls were plastered with displays of all shapes and sizes. The largest ones showed the fight schedule and an interactive map of the coliseum. The others displayed and graphed information about the various arenas, ranging from tournament related data such as time remaining and scores, pictures, and records of the various competitors, to data that only the most serious of tournament analysts would care about, such as fighter speed, magic strength, and biological abnormalities. Displays showing the tournament related data also hung from the ceiling above each arena so the competitors could keep taps on their performance mid-fight should they choose. The number of competitors was large - around 80 or so - and they all were spread out along the outside of the room. A couple of them were being quite talkative, and kept the noise level in the room between "high" and "painful." If there was one flaw with the room's design, it was that it was a stellar echo chamber. An orange tabby hoisted himself up onto one of the combat platforms and held up a fist, signalling the room to quiet down. Once it was finally quiet enough to hear himself think, he cleared his throat and said, "Thank you! Ok, so for those that haven't met me, I'm the new tournament director, Newton Shayron, and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for coming out and making my first tournament a huge success!" He paused for a second, and then added, "And now that that moment has passed, we've got some combat to get to! "Now there are a LOT of you, so we've had to modify the format accordingly so we can reduce the field to 32 competitors by 6PM. There are going to be, at any given time, Eight battles occurring simultaneously: Four down here, and four up where the audience can watch. This should give everyone at least three fights before the day is out, allowing us enough data to farily select finalists. Now, you might be asking yourself what will happen should some magic missile or something from one fight run into someone else's fight. Well, welcome to life, buddy. You better keep your wits about you. I'm sure the audience will get a kick out of it, anyway. "Scoring should be familiar to any of you who have seen these before. You get points for hits and lose points for being hit, as assigned by an impartial group of judges based on a standard scoring sheet. More points are awarded for hits than are taken away for being hit. If at any point you reach one hundred points, your opponent reaches negative fifty points, your opponent is knocked out of the ring, or your opponent asks to retire from the fight, your score will immediately be pegged to one hundred and the fight will end. Otherwise, the fight will end after twenty minutes. "If you've looked at the fight schedule, you've probably noticed that you and your opponent are booked for thirty five minute slots. You are expected to take ten to fifteen minutes prior to the fight getting to know your opponent. Make friends or something, or at least share your basic combat stylings. I'd like these all to be fair fights, with no nasty surprises, and, hey, you might get a new friend out of this. The less bad blood we have at the end, the better. Besides, you're all in this for fun and glory, not the prize money, right?" The group as a whole chuckled as Newton caught a breath. "Great!" he continued after a few moments. "The first fights start here at 10:30, and the next wave starts upstairs at 11:00 sharp. Feel free to socialize or whatever. There's enough food to feed an army of bears over in the Lawrence room, if you get hungry. You're all stuck here until 6, anyhow." With that, Newton hopped off the arena and headed upstairs to manage other things.
FIGHT 1: Underground - 10:30 Isaac VS Some NPC Padrian #1 (EL-Len) Vs Some NPC James Vs Some NPC Eddie Vs Some NPC

Above Ground - 11:00 Mr. A (Danial) Vs Some NPC Babylon Vs Some NPC NPC Vs NPC Tails Vs NPC (You can script your entire first fight yourself, or if you'd prefer I can GM a random NPC for you. Whether you win or lose and by how much is entirely up to you on this first round... unless you'd rather I determine it, of course.) (Also note that all the rules and details and stuff Newton threw out there are not super important. I just felt like typing a lot in CSC 481 today, and they're there for anyone that cares :) )
11:43 - Glam's Place "Glad to hear it," the hedgehog said, handing her a rather thick envelope. "That's got the directions and instructions and the like. There's also a ring in there, which you'll probably want to wear when you show up. The folks providing the security probably won't believe you, otherwise. Setup starts at 1 PM, even though the event's not until 7 - we've got a lot of work to do. The earlier you can show up, the better. If you need anything while you're there, just ask for Kyson, though I can basically guarantee I won't show up if you do."
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SuperSmashBro1

18:28 (6:28 PM):Glam arrived at the stadium.Of course,at the last possible time.She wore the ring on her middle finger,like a boss.

"Kept you waiting,huh?"

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 white_kunoichi

Half asleep Ge-Yin noticed El-Len doing her basic exercises to get pumped up for the event.

"Already ate?" He asked sleeply. "A little too excited, are we?"

"Maybe." She smiled and hearing him sigh in the background in disapprove. "I'll be fine."

"Yes, yes," Ge-Yin muttered sitting down with breakfast made for him.

8:01AM

They left their apartment and headed to the coliseum.

"I can go alone from here, Brother." El-Len said.

"No. I'm going to walk you there." He demanded.

8:15AM

Finally arriving to the coliseum, El-Len gave Ge-Yin a quick hug.

"Now, El-Len remember what we talked abou-"

"See you after the event, Brother!" El-Len dashed off to the entrance leaving Ge-Yin a bit annoyed.

"I hate it when she runs off like that..." He grumbled.

El-Len approached the guard, "Name, ma'am?"

"El-Len Chameleon."

"Go on in." He moved to let her through. She was just gawking all around her. This is going to be an experience.

10:00AM

El-Len listened to the new tournament director Newton made his speech. Afterwards, she looked at the schedule for her first fight. She needed a good meditation before it's time.

Back track 8:15AM

Ge-Yin just wanders around very eagerly to at least sit in the audience to watch her...

kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts

After getting up around eight o'clock in the morning, Peter arrived at work around nine o'clock. The place seemed relatively dead as he headed back to Danielle's desk to see what she had for him.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 sonicphc
I won't interrupt El-Len's meditating ;)
09:00 - Royal Messengers HQ Danielle laughed. "Peter, have you stopped by your desk yet? With Scourge gone, all of his work naturally goes to the next abnormally greenest person. We're also behind a bit due to the early closure yesterday, and Sonic took the day off, so hopefully the mountain of letters shouldn't be too intimidating. It'll only take you the whole day..." Danielle was exaggerating, of course. Sure, there was quite a bit of mail for Peter to deliver, but almost all of it was within the inner district, and a good number of those were all to various cabinet members and prominent politicians at the castle. The appropriate security clearance badges and things were all stacked neatly on his chair.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 white_kunoichi
You can. She won't mind.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 kjhg53
"Huh?" Peter responded to when he heard this from her. He walked over to his desk to see a couple stacks of letters on his that were each fairly high. "Oi!" he shouted as he jumped back a little. One could hear a heavy sigh from Peter as he grabbed his messenger bag and put just about everything on his desk into it. He tapped his right hand, on it being the red ring that he was given the other day, a few times on his desk to make sure he got everything he would need for today's adventure. He set out for the few places that were outside of inner district first.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 barren167
9:36 AM Lenny checked the book out. They said knowledge was the most dangerous weapon available, and Lenny decided to test that theory. He inserted it into his knapsack and headed out of the library after a fruitless search for any more work by Jasmine or any of the other engineers, aside from one that went on to write a few childrens' tales with barely disguised messages on getting kids to learn scientific processes early. Heading to the other library branches might be useful, but somehow he didn't think that was the answer. Instead, he headed for the college, and their library. Specifically, the college that Jasmine and this Newton apparently graduated from. If there was any place to learn about the pair of them, it'd be there.
Inside the arena, Chan and James headed to their seats and prepared to seat themselves. It went without a hitch, until they realized they were lacking in appropriate overpriced junk to eat. Chan went off by himself to get the food as James settled in to watch the pre-fight show.
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#175 SonicHomeboy
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

9:15

------------

Eddie suddenly awoke as he sat up in his bed. He looked about the room as if there was someone watching nearby. Seeing that there wasn't, he sighed laid back down on the bed. "Man," he said to himself. "What was that dream?"

The wolf rubbed his eyes and stood up from his bed. After he gave out a yawn as he stretched, he noticed on his desk the ring Carlos had given him. "Strange," he said as he picked it up. "This ring was darker than this." He inspected it closely for the ring's color had turned from a dark blue to a light blue. Without giving much thought, Eddie slipped the ring on his finger and was surprised it fit.

He then looked at the clock and shouted, "Oh no! I'm going to be late if I don't hustle!"

Grabbing his clothes, Eddie quickly put them on and grabbed a bag of toaster pastries before heading out the door of his apartment. He walked in a very fast pace and made sure that he didn't run into anyone as he tried to quickly eat his breakfast. When he gobbled up the last of his pastry, he skipped and suddenly zoomed his way to the stadium. Even though it would have made sense to have taken a transit, he knew they would be occupied with people going to see the tournament. So a little exercise on the way to the stadium wouldn't hurt Eddie, he thought.

------------

9:45

------------

Upon arriving to the stadium, Eddie took a deep breath and walked up to the door showing the security his braclet. As he was entering in, he made his way to a large group where they were being brought into the fighting arena. Eddie's jaw dropped by the size of the place. No wonder there are fights held simultaneously, he thought.

Several minutes had passed when the cat known as Newton came forth and announced the rules. Once they were said, Eddie crossed his arms and said, "Well, that's a bit counter-productive."

He knew he was within ear range of those that had heard his opinion, but he wondered if Newton had heard what he said as he passed on by him. 

raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 raimgamer
Member since 2008 • 18641 Posts

OOC: Kinda really busy at the moment, so I just came in to drop in for a small post.

Provehito woke up from a dream he could barely remember. All he could get was a voice talking to him and something about redemption or sacrifice. It didn'at matter much at the moment, he got ready, took his jacket, and left the building.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 sonicphc
That was me trying to be cute in saying I didn't have anything for El-Len right now. For All tournament people, if you'd like me to create the NPCs and interact more heavily with your character, let me know. I'm assuming you all want to write out your own little battle scenes and stuff unless you tell me otherwise. Fight #1 is mostly so everyone can see everyone else's character's fighting style :).
10:10 - Coliseum Underground "What can I say, I like talking." Newton commented with a wink as he passed by Eddie.
10:20 - Emerald College It took Lenny a while to find the place. It was a rather unassuming building just outside the inner district, and the address wasn't posted anywhere on it. Inside, however, it became abundantly clear that this was the place, as the ground level elevator went down to six floors worth of cla$$rooms and labs. A placard on the wall mentioned how the building was converted from one of Robotnik's first robot construction factories, and was one of the few underground developments that wasn't filled in or imploded after the reclamation and renovation of Mobotropolis. The blond, human receptionist smiled warmly at Lenny as she said, "The campus is on holiday today so everyone can watch and study the tournament. Can I help you? I think we still have some staff around willing to give tours to high-schoolers..."
18:28 - Downtown Unrennovated District Kyson facepalmed at Glam. "Yeah, sure," he muttered. "Not that I expected much better. If that guy from last night shows up, I'll have to tell him the list is now at four or five..."
I may or may not have something for Peter and Provehito in a bit. Don't wait for me if your next post comes to mind. ;)
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Soniczero1993

When's the fights? I assume I can jump to my fight at any time so I can get it over with.

-------------------------------------

11:00

Danial's battle was almost upon him. He got himself ready, sharpening his blades, flexing his muscles, and overall jittering about. You think a master assassin would be far more calm, but Danial is unusual to say the least. Regardless, he was soon summoned to the battlefield by some of the guards stationed around the place.

Danial entered his battlegrounds, which had a big deal of trash that was probably missed the last time they used this place. He even noticed old blood. Still, nothing he hasn't seen before when it came to fighting. But was he allowed to kill? They only said the foe could be knocked out, or to wait him out and just rack up points. He's not exactly a foe either, so killing may not be for the best anyway. He'll figure out as they go.

On the other side appeared to be a rather bulky looking anthro wolf. In fact he was much bigger than expected. He almost stood at Danial's height, but his build was about the same as his own. Danial didn't know anthros could get any bigger than Sonic was. Examining him, he could tell he could take a hit, but he also looked quick as well. Speed and power, an interesting balance.

Danial drew his sword and got combat ready for the fight to start.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 barren167
Lenny thought about "clearing his throat", but thought better of it, and just answered. "Um, actually, I'm not here about a tour, I'm here to ask about a couple of your graduates. Newton Shayron and Jasmine Ruba. It's for an essay for school." Mentally, Lenny made a note to find some way to incorporate the names into his paper, other than the bibliography (OOC: Yeah, I know it's works cited now, and don't care).
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 sonicphc
10:00 - Outer District, near the Spire atop the inner wall As Peter is making his rounds, someone began crying out, "Help, anyone! She's dying!" A waitress at a small mom-n-pop restaurant adjacent to the inner city wall was coughing violently, and while that didn't seem to bad from a distance, closer inspection revealed she was coughing up blood.
10:20 - Emerald College "Newton and Jasmine?" the receptionist asked, slightly confused. "They left a couple of years ago, but I'm sure some of their research is..." "Oh! Is someone inquiring about my star pupils!" A white rabbit bounded down the stairs, his face overflowing with exuberance. "And here I was worrying that their research on crystal optics would go to waste! Come on upstairs to my office, young one. I've got copies of all their papers and data, if you're interested!" Before Lenny could refuse, the rabbit bounded back upstairs, assuming Lenny would follow. The office in question was a mess of papers and books scattered everywhere. The only thing in the room that was remotely organized was a small patch of desk containing a cup full of pins, as stack of sticky notes, and a nameplate reading 'Eric Pierce'. Once they were both seated, the rabbit folded his hands and eagerly leaned on the remainder of the available desk space, asking, "So what can I do for you, son?"
10:30 - Coliseum Underground Once all the competitors had taken their ready stances in the arena below, a ref standing in the gap between all four arenas blow his whistle. The fights were on.
10:45 - Coliseum Arena Newton gave the customary opening announcements, welcoming the crowd and the like. He sounded a whole lot less eager than he did when welcoming the competitors. It was clear to anyone that had heard his welcoming underground that he was much more interested in the action than the crowd.
11:00 - Coliseum Arena Once all the competitors had taken their ready stances in the arena above, a ref standing in the gap between all four arenas blow his whistle. The fights were on.
11:00 - Outside Provehito's house Jasmine sat on a nearby bench, tapping her foot in mock-impatience. "Overslept much?" she asked as Provehito walked by. "Some of the other folks at the shop were worried about you, so I thought I'd stop by. Hey, can I ask you a favor? I'm up to my ears in preparations for tonight's event, and we've been asked to have a seat on the spire controls meeting today. Would you mind going in my place?"
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 SuperSmashBro1
"Whatever...are you that guy I'm supposed to talk to?Tyson...whatever his name was."
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 barren167
Lenny did follow, and was somewhat astonished at the mess, though not by much. After sitting down and being asked said question, he replied, "Well first off, Mr. Pierce, I'd like to congratulate you on your pupil making it to such a prestigious post as tournament director. Second, I read a book written by the two of them, History of Alternative Weapons, which mostly was written in plain text, but for some reason, there was a portion of it that was written in some foreign language, which was strange when most, if not all, of the city speaks one universal tongue. In addition, I heard about their research on crystal optics, and would like to look into that for the sake of some knowledge on technology by some people who know a good deal about it, which I imagine you would as well, being their teacher." The congratulation? Just flattery, no harm there, it was a prestigious post after all. The book was what he really cared about, the rest was a combination of fluff to possibly convince the proffesor to loosen up and new knowledge to learn for the sake of his technology-minded brother, who sat absorbing all this even as he watched Emerald College's best cheerleaders clear the field to let the fighters on.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 white_kunoichi

10:30

El-Len sat patiencely in meditation when she heard her name on the stage by the ref.

"El-Len Chameleon and Niko the Gecko -- No, not Gecio. Gecko. Come to the stage, please."

Her first sport fight. She calmly headed on to the battle center and approached her opponent who came from the opposite side of the stage. The turquise gecko was quite tall but not muscle. Instead he was skinny and El-Len has a hunch he's very flexible, be able to dodge attacks with ease angle movements. She recalls reading about how to defeat one with such twisted body. El-Len bows to him but he didn't bow back. It seems he lust for fame and not respect in the sport. The whistle was blown and it began.

El-Len charged for him as fast as she could though Niko swifted his head to the right but she came back with a backfist across the face. The audience "oohs" at the impact of such a strong hit put a bruise on Niko's cheek, knelt down rubbing it. She waited for him to stand up and the gecko constantly front flips towards her. El-Len stood still for the right moment then back flipped over Niko, grabbing his shoulders, and front kicked him in the back. He flew across the stage but managed to catch the ground and handstanded with his legs in the air.

Walking on his hands, Niko leaped fast behind El-Len and tripped her as she landed hard on the floor. Niko came after her again with a axe kick ready to take the blow to her head. Fortunately, she had toughen up and rolled away. This guy wanted to win, it seems. El-Len remained calm of his aggression cause if she had Ge-Yin's temper she would've acted violently just like her brother. Slowly getting to her feet El-Len waited for Niko's next move but he seems to be waiting on her. So with quickness she dashed to him and tried a tornado kick, miss but fast enough to bicycle kick Niko. The mulitiple kicks in the face brought up the "Whoa!" to the people. The gecko's eyes were criss-crossed and walked in circles dazed. El-Len kept her eyes on him prepared what he'll do next.

Then "thud" Niko fell backwards on his back. El-Len walked up to him to make sure he was alright. She helped up the dizzy gecko who grasped her arm tightly. His eyes stared straight into her's, pupils pure black and unhappy. The ref raced up if Niko decided to harshly hurt El-Len but he let her go and unexpectly bowed. The match was over and the audience roared in cheers. The results of their battle will tell the winner...

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Soniczero1993

The wolf started by charging at Danial. Big mistake. Danial spun around him and slashed him in the back. Despite leaving a good gash across it, he didn't look too phased by it. The wolf retaliated by chucking a rock at Danial, which promptly knocked him back. Normally a force like that would crush his ribs, but his armor was built to withstand the kind of crushing damage that most armor would get destroyed by. Still hurt like hell though.

Danial pulled himself back up, coughing a bit. The wolf lunged at him again, but this time Danial quickly jumped back, then jumped into his face and stuck his sword upwards. The wolf caught the blade before it went through his chin, and grinned at Danial, who was now in a lock. Danial pulled his dagger from his side and stuck the wolf in the ribs with it, who slapped him away in reaction to the stinging pain of a blade in his side. The wolf ripped out the blade and threw it back, getting it somewhat stuck into Danial's arm.

Danial pulled the blade from his arm and put it back in his side belt, which carried anything that wasn't his sword. This time it was he who rushed the wolf. Danial chucked a throwing knife at the wolf, who blocked it with his own arm, but didn't expect what the assassin was doing next. He ran up his chest and kicked in his face, while also stomping on the top of his head, which was enough to knock him down.

"You may be big, but you're stupid. Just like a cliche."

The wolf suddenly lunged up and bit his shoulder. Those fangs are still fangs, even if they are smart on a human level, animal instinct still comes into play. Danial was really hurting, so he dropped his sword and put three throwing knives between his knuckles and punched the side of his cheek constantly. Between the bite marks and knives being stabbed into his face over and over, the floor was becoming red more and more. This was indeed a bloody battle, and a painful one to watch. However, after getting jabbed enough times, the wolf let go out of sheer pain, and also in fear one may go through his eye.

The wolf and Danial were damaged pretty good. The wolf had a slash on his back, slight bruises, and more holes in his face than bad acne. Meanwhile, Danial was bruised, had some claw marks from the few that touched him when he got slapped around, and teeth marks in his shoulder armor, which were deep enough to rip some skin.

Before Danial knew it, he checked the clock. Time was going pretty damn quickly. He had about 15 seconds to do something flashy and get enough points to win, regardless how damaged he was. If he could kill he would have stuck his sword in that thing's head long time ago. Thinking fast, he grabbed more throwing knives with his bad arm and grabbed his sword again. The wolf charged him once more, this time on all fours. As he came, Danial threw three knives at his face, all of which stabbed into both jaws, which tripped him up a bit. As he came sliding down at him, Danial spun around to the wolf's side and stuck his sword into his back, causing it to go through a few inches. Someone his size would probably live, but this would defiantly get him a good score.

And shortly after pulling his sword out, the match had run out of time.

------------------

I've had my bloodlust for today :3

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 sonicphc
10:25 - Emerald College "Well," said the rabbit, "Newton and Jasmine were both engineering students here. Jasmine's work was entirely focused on mechanical engineering, with an emphasis on alternative weapons development. Newton, on the other hand, sort of jumped all over the map. Jack of all trades, master of none type of thing. Anyhow, Newton got really into optics for a while, lasers and the like, and was certain he could engineer a crystal capable of giving precision laser strength control without sacrificing precision. Jasmine, of course, wanted in on this because that sort of thing would be perfect for a stun weapon. Current guns are too strong for small people and can cause permanent harm, but also take a few shots to take down the really bulky types. Wouldn't it be perfect if you could dial the strength precisely to match the weight of your target? "That was the goal, anyhow, and they reached it somehow. The ring shape looks jagged and asymmetrical at first glance, but each face on it is a different scaling. The laser enters the face, loses some power as it bounces around, and comes out with just the right amount of energy. The royal guard is currently manufacturing them in mass and pouring out the new stun technology, and the two of them made bank of off their patent as a result. Jasmine used her money to co-found the new Mech Builders Union, while Newton disappeared for a few years. I hadn't heard anything about him until just recently, actually. I bet he's using his new position to try out some new research or to test a device he's built. The tournaments never held much interest for him before..." Eric's voice trailed off as he looked to the sky, lost in thought. It took him a few moments to come back to reality. "Right, the research! I've got a couple of those rings the two of them engineered if you'd like a sample, they're- Oh! You've already got one! They do make great fashion accessories, I hear. I didn't realize they were coloring them now!" He got up and began searching throughout the shelves on his walls for a copy of the book Jasmine published. Upon finding it, he slammed it down on the desk, causing the whole room to shake with the sound. "I love doing that," he commented as he opened to the pages on the rings. "The diagrams here are pretty helpful. It's unfortunate that the contents of this section were lost in a technical glitch, and all we got is this rubbish. The book went to print long after Jasmine and Newton stopped talking to each other, as well as to the university... "Oh, it's nothing big," he said, anticipating Lenny's next question. "They had gone out into the wastelands with a few archaeology and geology students looking for more effective materials to manufacture their crystal design out of. Apparently the lot of them had a huge spat, and Jasmine and Newton just sort of threw together the rest of the textbook so they could get their degrees and get out. They never did say what the argument was about, but I imagine it was over ethical concerns of some sort. Jasmine was always very strict about following proper research ethics as taught in Philosophy 305. Newton thought the restrictions were too over the top, and while he's a good enough kid that he'd never do anything unethical, he hated limitations with a passion." The rabbit finally glanced at a clock and realized he had been rambling for quite some time now. "I'm sorry, I should probably let you speak. I tend to talk too much. Newton always complained that I never let him get a word in edgewise..." TL;DR - Newton and Jasmine developed the shape of the crystal rings everyone's wearing as part of a weapons system for precisely dialing down energy levels. They had some argument when searching the wastelands for new materials to make the crystals out of, and haven't talked with each other since. (There are a couple other interesting details in there as well. You really should read the whole thing).
10:40 - Coliseum Press Box "Hey, Newton. I've got something you're probably going to want to see." "What's up?" "Yeah, the Padrian downstairs... 'El-Len'... she scored 100 in ten minutes." "...seriously? The 100 points is supposed to be impossible to get without a knock out or ring out." "Well, more points are awarded for physical blows in an OTOM tourney, and she landed a whole hell of a lot of them. She's got her own little fan club brewing amongst the competitors down there." "Well then schedule her next fight for above ground where the audience can see. I'm sure the audience will get a kick out of it. That'll teach me not to take the 'Padrians always win' myth seriously." "Eh, it's your first time as director. We all make mistakes." TL;DR - El-Len got a perfect score.
11:20 - Coliseum Press Box

"Hoooooooly *****...." Newton said with a gasp. "Did nobody check this guy to make sure his sword was blunted? Oh Sol there's blood all over that arena floor..." "Hmm. Well, we all make mista-" "Shut. Up. Zak. That mistake nearly got someone killed. Go confiscate that guy's weapons and get them replaced with something less piercing. I'll make up something..." "Should I call emergency s-" "OBVIOUSLY. THERE'S A GUY BLEEDING OUT ON THE ARENA FLOOR. NOW GET THE HELL OUT AND LEAVE ME ALONE." The door slammed shut as a frustrated Zak stormed out of the room. Newton leaned on the window with his head and sighed. "He was strong enough that he could make blunted weapons pierce flesh... that's the story I'll have the announcer feed the audience. I'll go down and talk to the guy myself and tell him to try and avoid drawing blood. I'll have his score adjusted to 60, citing 'penalties on both sides.' Sure, that'll work..." The door clicked behind him. Newton yelled, "WHAT IS IT NOW, ZAK?" "Not Zak." "...Oh. Okay, what's up." "Ah, the audience is in stunned silence over all that blood. We need to tell them something, Newton. There's nothing in the protocol for that much blood." Newton sighed, scribbled his instructions on a piece of paper, and threw them at the visitor while he resumed banging his head on the glass. "He's strong enough to pierce flesh with blunt weapons. I thought that was obvious. Make the crowd love the guy for it. It's the only way we're getting out of this one cleanly. I'm already having his weapons replaced with ones that have no chance at piercing so this doesn't happen again..." The employee seemed to believe the lie well enough, leaving with a fervent nod. Newton figured the audience would eat it up, too. TL;DR - Newton's having Danial's weapons confiscated and replaced with blunt ones that can't pierce, and is going to have the audience told Danial's weapons WERE blunted according to proper safety procedures (not even close to true) and that Danial's just so badass he managed to make them break flesh anyhow. (Nothing against s0's bloodlust or anything. Newton just wants to make sure nobody accidentally gets killed.)
18:30 - Downtown Unrennovated District The palm did not leave Kyson's face as he said, "I'm the one that asked you to come this morning. I certainly hope your music is as good at they say it is. Now I see why Karissa told me just to hire a DJ..."
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 barren167
"I don't mind, sir, I find this sort of thing fascinating. I would like to ask, though, about what Jasmine might be up to right now. An interview of one of the two of them would be greatly helpful, and my report's sort of due a decent while before the end of the tournament, meaning I likely won't get a chance to interview Newton. Additionally, I'd like to know exactly what your role in teaching them was, and how that worked out." Truthfully, if this ring came from one of the other of them, he figured he'd run into either of them eventually anyway, but there was no harm in being sure he could find either one in any case, if possible.
10:28 AM The fights were just about to start, but Chan wasn't paying attention. Instead, he was fingering his ring. A crystal that was perfectly adjustable to use as a weapon against beings of any size, sitting here on his finger? This was too good to be true! If he could somehow get ahold of a gun to use the crystal in, he'd finally have a viable weapon. The possibilities...
The wheels in my brain are turning rapidly, this is going to be fun.
raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 raimgamer
"Sure. Where is the place that I must specifically go for this meeting? I'm pretty sure I have the time to go and get to the Mech Builders building at ease, since I'm pretty much work free for the moment. "
BABYLON1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 BABYLON1990
Member since 2007 • 1732 Posts

10:40

Neo had just made it to Emerald College. (Assuming this is whoere he should go with his big box with his robotic tech project inside). It was a bit tough to move the big box, but he was managing.

Babylon's battle had begun, but neither him nor his opponent had moved yet. His opponent was a grey echidna that seemed to be good at hand to hand combat. Babylon was waiting for him to move, and he was waiting for babylon to move. Others were already battleing around them. Babylon was growing impatient. He decided to test his foe, by throwing a small energy orb at his opponent. A simple mid range move. The orb hit the ground and exploded like a small bomb, creating a cloud of dust.

Babylon waited for his enemys next move.

Sorry im a bit short on time at the moment. I will write something with more detail tomorrow.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 sonicphc
10:30 - Emerald College "I was their adviser," he explained to Lenny. "Ruba. Shayron. They're both in the Q-S block. I also taught a number of their classes. If you're looking to get a hold of Jasmine, your best bet would to start with someone in the Mech Builder's Union, as that takes up most of her time. I know she's pretty busy today, as they're prepping for some big trade show at Prime University. I'm considering attending, since she was kind enough to mail me an invite..."
11:00 - Outside Provehtio's house Jasmine checked her watch. "Thirty minutes," she said with a smile. "Might want to hop on rapid transit and make your way over to the castle now. I've already told them to give security clearance to a 'brown hedgehog wearing a blue, crystal ring and named Provehito.' That means you'll need your ring, your skin, and some sort of ID. I'll let the folks at the shop know you're all right."
(Neo would be headed for Prime University, if he's planning on helping with the MBU trade show)
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 kjhg53

Peter over heard the call for help as he made his way through town. He was getting close to finishing everyone in Outer District. "Please, someone!" Peter, being the kind soul he was, quickly ran over to the waiter that was coughing up blood. He quickly looked over the situation at hand. There was a male deer trying to help the waitress, who at this point was passed out, and a crowd of people standing around, most of which looked unsure of what they should do to help.

"Sir, how is she?" asked Peter to the deer.

"Not doing well, she needs medical attention now. Its just there is no way someone will get here in time to help her. I'm trying my best to help, but it's not going to- hey are you a Royal Messanger?"

"Why yes, sir, I am."

"You could run her to the hospital, can't you?"

Peter thought about it, but figured it was too risky. "Wouldn't moving her at high speeds at this point only make her worse?"

"That's a risk we are going to have to take at ths point." The deer picked the waitress and placed her in Peter's arms. "You know where the hospital is, right son?"

"Oi! I'm not a Royal Messager for nothing." Peter took off at a fast rate, but tried to keep to slow enough to where he wouldn't hurt her. Around 10:05 am, Peter was inside the hospital lobby shouting for medical attention.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 barren167
"Well, if you're interested in going, I could accompany you. Just so you could introduce us, maybe, though I'm not quite sure of anything I can do for you in return." Chan heard that, and laughed. Oh, he was, that would be a lie. Finally, he'd caught his brother. "No, you haven't." Thought Lenny. "I can't actually demonstrate myself as a robot to him based on the illegality of it. Sure, he might love to study a semi-self aware robot, but any and all standard procedure would be against it, thus, it's not possible, and I know of nothing." Chan rolled his eyes to no one in particular. Fickler for details, his brother was.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 white_kunoichi

El-Len was dismissed off the stage sure that the score board will show her progress later on. As she walked through a crowd of other competitors getting comments like, "Good fighting!", "Your skilled!", and "I'll be nervous to fight you!" Then over a distance someone called out to her.

"El-Len! Over here!"

A tigeress in pink Kung Fu uniform ran up to her. "I saw your fight. Nice going."

"Oh. Christy, I didn't know you were here." El-Len said greeting her. "It would be quite a surprise if we went into battle."

"You never know. Fate has it's ways... Or the new director." They laughed at the joke and chatted along until the next event.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Soniczero1993

Sirvanna was horrified as she watched from her VIP section. But it wasn't from all the blood, rather seeing Danial being munched on. As soon as he turned the tables though, she was the only one cheering.

"YEAH, STICK THAT PIECE OF S***!!!"

The crowd was all looking at her, as she was the only one actually cheering. Sirvanna didn't notice until the battle finished she was being eyed. "What? Stop staring at me. Can't a woman enjoy a good battle?"

11:25

TL;DR Sirvanna and Danial get into a fight.

Danial was in a special area that allowed him to rest after each battle. He also got something to treat his wounds, so he doesn't keel over in the next fight. Suddenly, his belt started ringing. It was the holographic device he and Sirvanna built together as a form of trick device, but also as a way to talk to each other. He made sure no one was listening.

"Yeah?"

"DON'T DO THAT!"

"I'm still alive you know."

"Still, you think it was easy watching that thing have you for lunch?"

Danial sighed. "It's a meat eating animal. Of course he tried to eat me."

"That's not the point. You looked like you were dying. You know how hard it is to watch you being attacked without jumping down there and gutting him? I wasn't ready to watch you die."

"I'm a master assassin, I can handle it."

"No you can't, you almost lost your arm! What happens if you end up really screwing up? I mean, why ARE you a master if you throw yourself into these kind of situations?"

"What about you Sirvanna? You STILL aren't a grey robe yet. Why am I to blame?"

"Oh, so it's my fault now?"

Danial facepalmed. "Who's the one who got her hair stuck in a bomb she was arming. In fact, HOW did you get stuck? That's stunning."

"One time I screw up, and now everything is my fault. I screwed up once, and now you think I'm just bad. Now you think I'm just too unskilled to do anything right. That's why you view everyone else with high standards but me." Her eyes began tearing up as she started to look away.

"Hey, Sirvanna. Don't be like this. I never said you were a bad assassin. I just said your already honed skills needed to keep improving to advance that next rank. If you were worthless, you would have never caught up to that messenger."

Sirvanna began to wipe her eyes. "Yes...I guess."

"Just relax and calm yourself. You will reach the next rank with time, but for now, I am always watching over you."

"Do you need me to help keep your spirits up for the next fight?"

"NO NOT THAT! PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!"

Sirvanna looked at him confused. "What? You act like I'm the plague or something. A woman's job is to keep her man motivated to carry out what he needs to do in his everyday life."

"That is NOT a woman's job. That's your twisted mind at work. Seriously, I could get in a lot of trouble if anyone knew you did that last time. I don't care if the elder assassins barely pay any attention to us, that crap is still bad."

Sirvanna giggled. "Someone's lying about how he truly felt about it."

"I'm gonna get you for this when we meet up again."

"I look forward to it Danial."

raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 raimgamer

Provehito had thought it would be fun to actually dash to the castle and test his apparatus, but he remembered he kinda messed up the left part, so he took the advice of taking the rapit transit. He bid farewell, and since he had his ring since last night, he had no need to return. An ID of him was always with him, so he had no trouble for it. He arrived less than 20 minutes to the castle, and approached it.

He was about to present himself and everything, but apparently someone recognized inmediately, and noticed he had everything at hand, including an ID from the MBU attached to his jacket. He was directedto a room where he would be directed to this sort of meeting or such.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 barren167
Am I correct in assuming it'd be advisable to keep my two characters at roughly the same time, even if that means both stay behind the majority of the crowd?
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 SonicHomeboy
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

10:27

Eddie entered onto his designated fighting arena. He looked about and saw the other combatants take to their positions. He was even starting to feel a bit nervous as he anticipated who the opponent was going to be. When he looked in front of him, he nearly took a step back and shouted, "Lucy?!

--------------

A NEW CHARACTER APPROACHES (if I'm allowed to do that)

Name: Lucy Martinez

Physical description: Lucy Martinez stands at 5'9" with a slight muscular build than most females. She has golden brown fur, red hair, and green eyes. Her main choice of clothing is a purple jacket, a dark red t-shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes. 

Ref 1
Ref 2
Ref 3 

Abilities/Talents: She is an exceptional kick boxer and is known to deliver some deadly blows despite her looks.

Weaknesses: As mentioned earlier, she's a well-known kick boxer. Although she can lands some fierce blows, she tends to lose her balance when she's not watching her stamina.

Personality: Lucy is more outgoing than Eddie but tends to be more eccentric when she gets into heated discussions. She often speaks her opinions out loud regardless if she's spoken to or not. Despite that, she insists on lending a helping hand wherever needed. 

Background: Lucy grew up in Knothole and was always interested in joining the Freedom Fighters during the reign of Dr. Robotnik. Unfortunately, she never got the chance but crossed paths with Eddie during one of the Wolf Pack Freedom Fighters' frequent visits to the village. Their friendship then became something more, and the two have been inseparable ever since.

--------------

Eddie did a double take and looked again to see a lioness walk onto the platform.

"Hey there, handsome," she said with a smirk. "Long time no see."

Not very pleased about this, Eddie crossed his arms and asked, "Just exactly what are you doing here?"

"Oh? Not too thrilled with my being here?"

"I had hoped that you were going to stay with your folks longer."

"It turns out that Carlos contacted me to aid you," Lucy said as she walked closer. "You don't think I wasn't going to let this opportunity slip on by, did you?"

With a chuckle Eddie said, "No, I guess not."

Lucy smiled and said, "I'm going to let you take this fight, but..."

"But?" Eddie asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Don't think that I'm going to go easy on you," Lucy said as her voice deepend to almost a growl before smiling.

With that said, Lucy backed up as the two evened out between themselves and the outer edges of the platform.

-----------------

OOC: I'll come up with the fight for the two soon. 

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 sonicphc
10:05 - Santa Lucia Hospital and Medial Center "What's all the-" "Holy hell!" A tall mallard rushed Peter and quickly began inspecting the patient. "She's the third one this week! Lara, get her into surgery, now! I hope she's not too fargone yet..." A cart was rushed in and the doctor ripped the girl from Peter's hands. As he turned to push the cart away, Peter caught a glimpse of his nametag: "Dr. Quack - Cancer Specialist." The receptionist smiled and, noticing Peter's mailbag, commented, "You may have just saved that girl's life, messenger. I assume her friends and family are on the way, but could you tell me where you found her? There's an ongoing investigation into these strange problems..."
10:32 - Emerald College "Sorry," the professor said with a shrug, "but the event is adults only, and quite honestly I don't think I'm even going to get to talk to her myself."
11:25 - Castle BF1 The meeting room Provehito arrived at was a floor down from the castle's main hall. This level was where most of the bureaucratic work involving groups was done. Where as the castle's ground floor was spacious and well decorated, filled with artisan columns and grand paintings of various famous politicians and legendary figures, the B1 floor was fairly standard office fair, consisting of thin, white walled corridors decorated by the occasional office chair and fake plant. The meeting room, named 'Islay' after one of the seven major peaks of the mountain range that backed Mobotropolis, was one of the larger ones, and the extra space was not wasted. Provehito was the 23rd attendee at the meeting. Before he could lose himself in the sea of faces, however, a familiar hand shot up from the back of the room. "Provehito!" Gladia shouted. "Back here!" She had a binder in her lap containing abbreviated details of every project the MBU had ever worked on. "Jasmine suggested we push for changing regulations to allow pretty much and every cla$$ of technology we've built. You've still got a few minutes to prepare, if you'd like to look the material over." OOC: The specific contents of the binder are entirely up to you. This post is partly filler as I'm waiting for a few other things to happen before I can start the meeting here.
11:27 - Coliseum Underground "So Assassins ARE a thing," Newton joked as he walked in the room. "I guess that explains how you got all those weapons in without us noticing. I'll have to make sure there's something in the budget for metal detectors next time." The tabby shook his head as he kicked a metal box across the floor. It came to a stop just at Danial's feet. "Seriously, though, hand them over. All of them. You can have them back when you leave. We won't touch them, we promise. The fabrication shop will scan the box and we'll get blunted, charged copies made for you before your next fight. Don't worry about them hurting your combat effectiveness. The copies we make are designed to keep flesh intact (hence 'blunted') while providing all the crippling, lasting pain of an open wound (hence 'charged'). Technically, we were supposed to do that before you started fighting like we did with everyone else, but things happen. As far as anyone else is concerned, you've been using our copies the entire time, and you're just so strong you made them tear flesh anyhow, okay?" Newton pulled a pair of goggles from his pocket and put them on, giving Danial a quick once over. He cocked his head to the left, confused, and then looked down at Danial's ring, which was identical to his own. "Actually..." he added, "now that I'm here inspecting your armaments myself, I'm noticing some pretty hefty armor there on you. Technically, you're supposed to be armorless... I could tell it saved your ribcage in that last match, but that rock wasn't supposed to be there, nor was your opponent allowed to bite you. We're doing an audit of everything upstairs while we clean up your bloody mess, so you should be fighting fair and square from here on out. Besides, wouldn't the crowd love it to see their new favorite swordsman come onto the field so confident that he's willing to make himself a little more vulnerable?" OOC: I'm not trying to "nerf" Danial to be fair to everyone else here or some BD like that. Newton has very specific reasons behind everything he does, though it may take a while for all those reasons to become clear. ;)
El-Len can relax and enjoy herself for the moment. They can't schedule the next round of fights for these characters until all of their current fights are done. Note that while El-Len and all the other tournament PCs are between fights, there are other fights going on, if they care to watch.
@barren - You'll notice I've been mostly ignoring Chan. Lenny is your MC, and so he's the only one I focus on when doing my GM planning and post-writing. I don't really care when and where secondary characters are on the timeline ;) @homeboy - A secondary character is fine. A few others have them, after all.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Soniczero1993

As Danial was emptying his stuff, he looked up at Newton. "Next time make sure everyone is either properly set up that this doesn't happen where we almost get killed, and that you only accept fighters who aren't messed up in the head. That wolf tried to have me for lunch."

Danial kind of chuckled at the fact no one noticed he was packing. He was very skilled at hiding things, but he expected some sort of device to allow detection of such things. No matter, his armor managed to save his internal organs from being stabbed by bone.

"I'm just glad you didn't notice my armor in time. That would have hurt like s*** if he sunk in his teeth and there was nothing there to push it back. Sirvanna would have gone mental if I got my arm chomped off. Wait....she hasn't done anything in reaction to that insane fight has she? She hasn't tried to kill someone for what happened right?

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 barren167
"Sorry," the professor said with a shrug, "but the event is adults only, and quite honestly I don't think I'm even going to get to talk to her myself."sonicphc
Not that I'm arguing the point or anything, it's just that that sounds a tad, convenient. Just a tad.
@barren - You'll notice I've been mostly ignoring Chan. Lenny is your MC, and so he's the only one I focus on when doing my GM planning and post-writing. I don't really care when and where secondary characters are on the timeline ;)sonicphc
Ah, that would make sense.
Lenny shrugged. "In that case, I guess I'll wait until later to try to speak to her. For now, is there anything else you feel to be of interest in this subject? It's not quite a college level paper, but there's no reason I can't do my very best on it anyway." Another thought popped into his head, Chan wanted him to ask about appropriate weapons to handle the gems. No tact to it, and it'd garner suspicion besides. Don't worry, I'll look into it for you, just not from him. Oh, and if you see Dad, tell him I'm caught up in schoolwork and am not sure if I'll be able to make the show until after lunch. He can't feel too bad really, he knows our programming too well. The replying thought came instantly, of course. Yeah, I know he does, I wasn't concerned. You just make sure you get here sometime today. lenny intended to, after one or two more leads. Sneaking into the conference was out of the question for him, he'd just have to pursue Jasmine later, as he'd said. Instead, he planned on taking the book to the antiques shop to see if Everett could make anything of it, though he didn't know what the old dog might know about foreign languages. After that, he might see about talking to Newton himself, though he severely doubted the possibility of that course of action. In addition, there were also the students who'd went out with Newton and Jasmine into the wastelands, he could ask them for more details on that little trip, just because. It wasn't that he mistrusted Newton, after all he'd never met the guy. But he did want to know more about the rings he was wearing, what connection they had to the writing in that book, and any possibility of a trap that he and his brother were walking into defenselessly, minus almost-weapons supplied by the potential trapper himself.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 kjhg53

Peter blinked before he responded. "Um, well I heard some cries for help in Outer District near the Spire atop the inner wall. Across the street there is a little restaurant, like one of those mom-n-pop ones. There was a deer helping her, but he knew help wouldn't get to her fast enough. I just hope the run over here didn't add any unneeded injury."

After waiting a few moments, Peter started to get antsy. "Oi! I'd like to stay and see how her ends up, but I have a lot of mail left to deliver. I'll be back after I finish my route." With that Peter took off to finish his route.