BABYLON1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 BABYLON1990
Member since 2007 • 1732 Posts

Babylons enemy seemed to be angered by Babylon's strategy. Someone who was as famous as Babylon, starting out with a low powered mid range attack? He was expecting more. But Babylon knew that not only did he want to win, but he also needed to give the crowd something good to watch.

His opponent ran toward him, angry. He swung for an uppercut, which was easily dodged. Babylon examined his form quickly. He seemed to be strong, but lacked proper training. His form though sturdy was somewhat off. Babylon sweep kicked his right foot, knocking him off balance.

He then concentrated energy onto his fists, making them glow brightly. His opponent flipped backwards and stood back up. He went in for a multitude of high speed punches. Babylon blocked them all with his fists, causing him damage as well.

It was here that Babylon noticed his multiple opening. He was quite strong, but as he had seen before, lacked specific training, which let Babylon take advantage of this. After weakening his fists, Babylon answered with a fist barrage of his own. The final fist landing in the center of echidnas chest. His opponent was swept backwards, out of energy. He was unable to move.

Babylon had won the match.

(Not sure if this is a good way to go, but since everyone is moving ahead of their battls, i thought i should too)

Babylon then headed for the underground.

Meanwhile

Neo was at the doors of Prime University, with his large box. Taking a break before going in.

(Oh yeah, First Post on pag 11!!!! YAY!!! =3)

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#202 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
10:06 - Santa Lucia Hospital The desk clerk's ears perked up the moment Peter mentioned the spire. She scribbled something furiously on a post-it and handed it off to one of the others behind the desk, whispering intensely in their ear and sending them off after Dr. Quack. "Thanks so much," she said as she turned back to the lobby. "This sort of stuff matters... a. lot. to... us. Well, okay, then. You can just leave, too." She turned back to her computer and resumed her game of solitaire. She would beat that dastardly shuffling algorithm eventually.
11:29 - Coliseum Underground Newton smirked and signaled a few workers to come collect the box with all of Danial's weapons and armor. It was nearly overflowing. "Is that your girlfriend or something?" he asked. "I always imagined assassins as having to take a vow of celibacy or something. Also, To be fair, you did slice your opponent's back open and stab him in the chest, so of course he was going to try and bite your arm off. I mean, he should have jumped out of the ring after the first slash, as we'd have scratched the match, changed your weapons, and had you fight again on less deadly terms, but he didn't, and there was no way an official was going to jump between your blades and an enraged wolf..." Newton gave the workers a wave as they hauled the rest of the equipment away. "We'll try and schedule your next fight around 12:30," he said, "so you can adjust to your replacement weapons." He gave the assassin a tip of the imaginary hat, turned on his heels, and walked out.
11:31 - Coliseum Underground Newton sauntered through the field of contestants, brushing off their questions with a wave of his hand. It was clear he was looking for someone, and didn't want to be bothered. "Babylon!" he called out just as his target rounded the corner. "Hold up!" Newton ran over and placed a hand on the hedgehog's shoulder. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for the incident up there. I know your battles usually end in crowd fanfare, but I think everyone was too fixated on the bloody mess happening opposite you." He started searching his vest pockets for something, adding, "Anyhow, I know how important the reputation you build here is to you, and so I wanted you... to..." Newton let the next word hang on the tip of his tongue as his eyes drifted towards Babylon's hand. He swallowed it back down and pulled his hand from his jacket. The fabric complained softly as the object he was searching for slid down it into the pocket's base. He pointed at the ring on Babylon's finger and asked, "Where did you get that?" He sounded more concerned than curious.
Stuff en-route for Lenny. I have to go assemble my clarinet.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
I'll be here, if the internet stays.
11:30 AM A good number of fights later, Chan was simultaneously impressed (El-Len), amused (Babylon), and emotionally disturbed (Danial), all based on the fight he was concentrating his mind on, though he could debatably watch all on the screen at once should he care to. The last garnered most of his present attention, he didn't think that was suppose to be legal, at all. The announcement about blunted weapons appeased the crowd, but Chan was still concerned, that human didn't look like he was quite capable of such strength. He said nothing, keep the crowd happy and all. But investigating this man, should he have the ability to, moved up in priority from "none" to "high", at least so long as the tournament lasted. And besides, if he could get away with this in an anti-gore environment, maybe he knew something about getting his apparent gadgets by the sensors in the town, and possibly in firearms acquisition... It was something worth looking into, later.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 sonicphc
10:30 to ?? : ??- Around town Lenny would learn the following: - The other students on the trip had graduated as well, but one was visiting. He laughed at Lenny's ring, commenting, "I guess they did take off as fashion accessories, after all." Upon further probing, he explained that, "Jasmine had noticed how unique the rings looked, and she and Newton jokingly wore them for much of the trip. One night, the two of them went on a long walk in the wasteland. We were asleep when they got back, but in the morning they were no longer talking to each other, so I imagine they were up all night arguing. It was obvious, at least, that they didn't get much sleep. They weren't wearing their rings anymore, either. A few of us joked that the rings must cause insomnia, judging from the redness in their eyes. But when I asked to wear one to test that hypothesis, they just snapped at me. Wouldn't even let me see the things. It was really weird." - The antique store owner didn't know anything about the language. In his professional opinion, it wasn't any language that had ever been recorded in the planet's history. It looked more like a printing glitch than anything. OOC: This is so you can fast-forward Lenny and catch him up in time and location to everyone else ;)
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 barren167
Time yes, but I was putting off location as long as I could get away with it. :P Which, it looks like I'm done with now.
11:33 AM Chan and James (the kid) were chatting about the fights when Lenny and James Cloud (the father of the twins) walked up behind them. "I see you two are enjoying the show. Mind if I sit here for a bit?" Chan looked up and saw his Dad, and immediately stood up. "Hey Dad, what're you doing here?" James Cloud shrugged. "Apparently, I'm not on clean-up duty for the fights down there, and I don't have the qualifications to be a ref or judge, so I've nothing to do for the next hour or so. And my boss decided that me spending time with my boys while they watched people beat each other up in his place of business is an acceptable alternative to sitting on the ground, watching the fight without my boys." Chan nodded. "Glad you could make it. Dad, this is, James." The Clouds' father looked at the boy. "I see. James Cloud, Lenny and Chan's father." The man extended his hand to the younger lupine, who shook it. "This is going to get somewhat confusing, isn't it?" Lenny shook his head. "You're James, he's Dad or Mr. Cloud. Doesn't sound that hard to me, unless Mom shows up." "Funny thing about that, I actually gave her a ticket, she might be showing up later. Or not, you know how these medical types get around fights, all they can see are future patients." The three Cloud family members laughed over that while James just looked confused. Lenny explained, "Mom's an ex-military doctor from the big war some time back, still does a bit of work in that field." James got it, and smiled, just a bit.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#206 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

11:32

Danial had trained a bit with his new weapons, which worked quite a bit like his old ones. So for the rest of his freetime, he was in the VIP section sitting with Sirvanna. He got a few eyes on the way up considering he butchered the wolf, but all he had to do was point his finger at them with a glare and they turned away in fear of him.

Danial soon found a seat and sat himself next to Sirvanna, who smothered him once she noticed him.

"I'm glad you recovered."

"Hey, easy woman. I'm supposed to be some badass fighter here. I can't do that with you hugging me."

Sirvanna grunted slightly. "Screw them, they aren't the ones fighting to the death here. Besides, every powerful warrior always needs a beautiful woman with him."

Danial sighed. "First of all, you are not my woman. Second of all, I'm not a bloodthirsty warrior, I'm a peacekeeping Assassin. Third of all, you are really egotistical."

"Fourth of all, you are going to accept it, or I'm going to do what I did last time you pissed me off."

Not wanting to go through the extreme pain again, Danial sighed and simply patted her on the back as his sign of acceptance. You can never win with this woman...

OOC: I know Danial likes to address her as woman sometimes, but it's him just being an ass.

raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#207 raimgamer
Member since 2008 • 18641 Posts
Provehito was surprised to see his co-worker at the place. Two thoughts crossed him. At first he thought he'd be the only one from MBU at that place. Seeing someone else kinda hurt his ego, but at least it was Gladia. But then it brought up the question as to why Jasmine had convoked him when Gladia was already there? Strange.

"Hey Gladia, quite interesting indeed. Let me catch up then."

Among the various projects that had been done, aside from the J.A.S.S. which was the header of them all, mainly because it was the most recent and working, were the C.R.A.C.K., the B.R.E.A.K., and the S.H.A.K.E.

"We seriously need a better public department or someone that's a good wise-cracker." Provehito thought to himself.

The Cascading Racking Amplifying Cosmic Kick was some sort of bionic implant for...delivering powerful kicks. 

The Basically Really Electrical Amplifier Kase (such spelling) was made by some former worker of the MBU. Apparently crazy. What it did was transfer any overflow of energy through the suit itself, which connected and travelled from head to toe, grounding that excess of energy. In theory, you could be struck by lightning and have felt nothing but a huge flash. It was perfected, but eh, the first test resulted in brain damage. No one had used it then, but it didn't really mean it didn't work.

Finally the Static High Altitude Kaiser Emblem, dubbed 'the Kaiser' was basically some sort of robotic armor that allowed the weight of several things and the strength of the wind. It was meant to be used for construction sites at high altitudes, allowing someone to work without fear of being taken down by the strong winds over there. The major drawback was that a person needed help to take the suit off. And that involved someone else up there with that person or being pulled down by a crane. Either way, it wasn't comfortable.

Some other projects were there, but Provehito just skimmed through them. Projects Tails himself had done, and stuff he had never seen, but decided to not through at the moment, just get ahold of the names. 

SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 SonicHomeboy
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

10:30

---------

Both Eddie and Lucy launch themselves toward each other as the fight begins. Lucy is the first kick out at Eddie as the wolf blocks her with his arms. He swiftly dodges from side-to-side as Lucy's feet come down on him. Then, she swoops down for a leg kick and knocks Eddie off balance. The wolf swiftly caught himself by pushing up off the ground with his hand and landed on his feet with ease.

"You've improved the last time we sparred!" he said.

"Thanks! Let's see what you got!" Lucy said as she beckoned him with her hand.

With a grin, Eddie came at Lucy with fists striking at her. The lioness blocked them out of the way with ease. Suddenly, she grabbed his arm and pulled him beside her as she kicked his back. Eddie yelped in pain as he stumbled across the mat. After shaking the pain off of his back, he charged at Lucy but was quick to dodge an oncoming kick. Grabbing her leg, he flipped her over as he watched her land on her back.

"Heh, now you know what that felt like," Eddie chuckled.

Lucy quickly on her feet and said, "Now that's no way to treat a lady."

Noticing her smile, he laughed and said, "We'll see about that!"

Just then, Lucy charged at Eddie and the two grabbed each other's hands as if to push away from each other.

"Toss me out of the ring!" Lucy whispered.

"What?"

"Toss me out! Quick!"

A bit confused by this Eddie did as Lucy told him to do as he pulled her towards him. He landed on his back and pushed her up with his foot as Lucy was sent flying over the platform. She managed to land on her feet but slipped and fell.

Eddie sighed as he walked off of the mat and helped Lucy up. As they made their way to a tunnel, Eddie turned to her only to find her hugging him.

"It's good to see you again," Lucy said as she hugged him tight.

With a chuckle, he hugged back. Then, Eddie looked at the lioness and said, "I don't understand. You had as much potential to win it as I did. Yet something tells me that you and Carlos planned to have you lose to me."

"Oh," Lucy giggled, "you know you were meant to continue on. Still, it was a good fight, and it was worth it to be here."

"Well, I am glad that you're hear," Eddie said with a smile. "Come, let's go see the other fights."

------------

11:40

-------------

Eddie was stunned by the fight he saw of Daniel against the wolf. A part of him feared of what the human was capable of, and a part of him felt disgusted on how the fight was handled. He gripped onto a railing from where he stood in anger. Lucy looked at him and tried to calm him down by placing a hand on his. Eddie relaxed a bit as he looked at the lioness.

"Just be glad it wasn't you in that fight," Lucy said softly.

Eddie nodded in response. He was indeed thankful that he didn't face the human. "Still," he said, "I only hope the wolf is all right."

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 sonicphc
11:30 - Castle BF1 A tall human at the front of the room rapped on the wall with a metal pointer. "Attention, everyone!" she said, pushing her long, silvery hair out of her eyes. "It's about time we got started." Her voice was commanding and powerful. It was clear there would be no nonsense with her. "For those that are not familiar with me, my name is Loren Ipsum, and I am the head of the committee on spire controls. I've prepared a briefing on the abnormal activities we've been experiencing, and have called all of you in as consultants on what further action should be taken. I will recommend any consensus to the Senate, and it should be put into effect within hours. We take our committee's role very seriously." Someone in the room forced a cough. The words underneath it were hard to make out, but they sounded something like, "uper ditch..." "Please," snapped Loren, "can we avoid any further unnecessary interruptions? Now, over the last week, there have been patterns of strong magic drains triggering across the city. While strong drains are not abnormal this time of year, as the NMG pushes towards graduations all Spring and the MAK does most level promotions in May, these drains are registering these as illegal classes of magic rather than the threshold violations we expect. Furthermore, you can see that most of the activity is clustered in the unrenovated district, and the remainder is scattered among the town's outskirts. This diagram shows..." Loren put a diagram of the city up on the screen and began pointing to the various drain sites, bringing up corresponding graphs and tables related to the magical properties detected in each one. Most of those present began furiously scribbling, accompanied by the occasional "hmm" and "hah," and some were bold enough to conjecture a cause or two, though those were quickly shot down by the others. A few point out that the readings from the unrenovated are slightly stronger, but others dismiss the point as statistically insignificant, possibly signal interference. None of it would made a lick of sense to Provehito nor his coworker, though. The attendees were talking serious, in depth magical analysis, and that's something they were not prepared for...
11:40 - Castle Entrance Peter's route eventually takes him to the castle. A hefty bulk of his mail is due to be delivered to various politicians inside, which is rather convenient. Less convenient, however, is the large protest group that has just formed at the entrance. "FREE OUR FAMILIES! FREE OUR FAMILIES!" The Alliance for Robot Freedom was out in full force, almost completely blocking the entrance. Before Peter can even think about pushing through, one of the protesters, a yellow mongoose, rushes him and hands him an envelope. "Messenger!" she cries, "You've got clearance to go in there, right? I just know they're using my mom for slave labor in there, I just KNOW it! Can you find her and deliver this to her! Tell her I love her! I LOVE HER! THEY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO-" A pink hedgehog breaks from the group and drags the mongoose off of Peter. "Sorry for the trouble," she says. Whispering in Peter's ear, she adds, "that one's a little crazy..." She's wearing a nametag, which reads Amy Rose, ARF President.
11:45 - Coliseum stands One of the coliseum employees approached Danial and handed him a slip of paper. "Your next match is scheduled for 12:45, Mr. A, in the same arena you were in last time. Unfortunately, we don't know who your opponent will be quite yet, but we promise we'll have that information by 12:30 so you can meet them beforehand. Food is provided back in the preparatory area if you care to eat lunch beforehand." The employee tipped his hat and walked away.
11:45 - Coliseum Underground One of the coliseum employees approached Eddie and handed him a slip of paper. "Your next match is scheduled for 12:45, Eddie, and you've been moved above ground for this one. Unfortunately, we don't know who your opponent will be quite yet, but we promise we'll have that information by 12:30 so you can meet them beforehand. Food is provided back in the preparatory area if you care to eat lunch beforehand." The employee tipped his hat and walked away.
11:45 - Coliseum Ungerground One of the coliseum employees approached El-Len and handed him a slip of paper. "Your next match is scheduled for 12:45, Padrian, and you've been moved above ground for this one. Unfortunately, we don't know who your opponent will be quite yet, but we promise we'll have that information by 12:30 so you can meet them beforehand. Food is provided back in the preparatory area if you care to eat lunch beforehand." The employee tipped his hat and walked away.
18:30 - Downtown Unrenovated District On the stage where Glam is prepared to set up are a large number of energy drinks. Clearly, Kyson had done his research on her, but the drinks weren't like anything she had seen before. The container was clear, showing a slightly viscous, red liquid inside. The brand was "MegaEnergy," which a conisseur of energy drinks such as Glam probably wouldn't recognize.
Conveniently, I have no reason to interrupt the Cloud family for the next hour or so. ;)
Ok, I think that's basically everyone that posted lately.
snake8head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 snake8head
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Since PHC already TLDr'd my first day, I'll post my (hopefully) last google doc link. It has both my elaboration on what happened in my character's first day as well as the original rough plot that I chatted through with PHC. As with my character's in depth bio, its still a work in progress but the basics are all there. (I love detail...)

Link

---------------------------------------

Fight Day

*BUZZZZZZZ*

8:00AM

"uuugggggg..." As Jim slapped his alarm panel.

The night had not been friendly to James. His late night adventure, waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night, only came to about four or five hours of sleep...considering the fights today, this was going to be an interesting day.

After a couple minutes, James rolled out of bed then got showered and prepped. He headed to his living room. In  the corner of the room he headed to his small desk and grasped the biometric scanner. The hidden staircase door opened and he headed down to his workshop.

On his workbench sat his new bounty, the defense mech memory core. He looked at the core and then behind him to the disabled mech on the wall.

"One day I will save you..."

He was too easily distracted, looking at his wrist computer he saw the time was 8:30. So he grabbed his BatonN and holster from the wall pegs and strapped on all of his 'Adventure Gear'. When putting on his pouch vest he felt something in one of the front pockets....

'Oh ya!' he thought, "That ring!"

Reaching into the pocket he pulls out the Red Ring he received the night previous. However, as soon as he pulls it out, he realizes it is no longer red, but translucent. Taken aback, he recalls seeing something like this before. Thinking back he remembers seeing something about a crystalline structure developed by some university types used for some kind of power management. Should still have it on my computer...after a few clicks on his wrist computer, James headed upstairs (lab door closing behind him) and heads for the transit hub.

9:30 AM

"Thankfully, the trains were repaired today..." James heard a passerby. The trip to the coliseum took substantially shorter amount of time today than it did yesterday since they finally fixed the second train to his home stop. During the ride he re-read the datasheet he had on the ring he acquired. Newton Shayron and Jasmine Ruba were the inventors and it was used to take unstable or large energy and regulate it to a specified level. James had first encountered the rings back when he was working on the Spire emitters. He was not told why they were using them, but he speculated it was to regulate the Spire power distribution, considering he had overheard a couple of the power systems engineers commenting on the need to regulate the power source. He wish he knew more about what was powering the towers.

10:00 AM

After getting through the ID check nonsense, James finally was in the basement of the coliseum to hear Newton's speech. Blah, blah, blah...nothing James hadn't read in the tourney rules. Checking his assignment, he was up to fight "Red Raven", sounds like someone has an ego problem or unusual parents...but then he also noticed up on the boards a Mr. A...yea....

Moving over the store room, he had the requisitions manager load his mech into the arena he was to be fighting in. James moved over to his arena and climbed up. "We'll see how the others like fighting with an overactive stereo." he chuckled looking down at his baton.

*Click*

10:30 AM

As soon as the whistle blew, James and his robo-buddy were ready. Red began sprinting towards James, weapon (broadsword) held in the upward-striking position and letting out a loud war-cry. James held his BatonN to the side and moved to dodge as his mecha leapt over his opponent. Red took notice and instead of striking at James, he swung up and clipped the mech's foot, causing it to fly into the railings. For a short while, James and Red parried each other's strikes, nothing that James hadn't learned from his father's training exercises. Unfortunately, in his moment of reflection Red placed a good left hook across his face knocking him to the ground. Red moved in to place a blow when thankfully Jim's mech moved in to stop the impending face-pancake-ing. It took Jim a second to recover his bearings..."Maybe I should invest in a helmet..."

He quickly moved to his feet to go help his mecha companion who was putting up a good fight but was still taking a beating. "No more messing around." James thought. He determined by the resonant frequency of the weapon that it was a steel alloy. He shifted his thoughts to his weapon where he began feeding it with the correct resonant field.

All of a sudden, his mech disengaged Red and jumped to the rim of the arena as James moved in with his BatonN that was visibly and audibly ringing. With one swift strike to his attacker's weapon, James' vibro-eskrima managed to shake the weapon out of Red's hands and flung it to the side of the arena. Quickly Red pulled out his brass-knuckles and dealt a serious blow to Jim's right arm sending him spinning.

"Alright...no more close quarters then." James concluded as he regained his footing.

James heard the cheering for the neighboring arena box (El-Len's fight).

Knowing he must be running out of time, he then prepped for his 'grand finale' by ordering his companion to get in behind Red, exposing his resonator. James jumped back and activated the sono-amplifier in his BatonN. The casing began to float around his BatonN. Red was a little confused but stood his ground.

"I hope the repair worked." *RiiiiiIIIIINNNNG POOWWWMMM* (Best onomatopoeia I can come up with...)

With a massive blast of sonic energy, everyone in the room jumped and turned their attention to James's match. However when Jim looked to where his opponent was standing, he was surprised to still see his opponent standing. Jim was confused, along with all the other onlookers. Red took this time to run up and apply a generous amount of fist to Jim's face. The very audible thud with Jim hitting the floor was more useful than he had imagined. His ears were ringing from the blow, but he felt something interesting about the floor as he hit it. It resonated like a Tungsten-Brass like material. Needing to end the fight now, he had an idea. A little trick he learned to do. With his BatonN still in hand, he retracted the eskrima portion and aimed it at the floor and placed his other hand flat on the surface. A very loud multi-tonal ringing filled the room and shook the platform. With an odd pop sound, a hole formed below Red, and he fell out of the arena. Jim's mech powered down. By the rules, James was still in the arena, and his opponent was not.

Therefore, James decided to stay where he was on the floor and wait for the ref's call...and until the room stopped spinning...

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 barren167
The Cloud family, and James, waited and watched. Nothing was happening yet, and Lenny almost got up to look around at something else, but his Dad pulled him back down. "Your investigations can wait until later, there's something big happening soon, you'll want to see it." He winked at him, and would elaborate no further. Lenny shrugged and sat back down. His Dad's idea of big wasn't exactly the biggest big ever, usually, but he might as will se it anyway, just for politeness' sake.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts

El-Len thanked the employee with a wave. "I have an hour to settle myself. I wonder if it's okay to use my twin sais for the next round..." She thought to herself.

"You can just don't be like that person who cut up that wolf." Christy told her.

El-Len blinked. "What person?"

"That fight with the overlander and the wolf before yours. Didn't you watch it?" Christy asked.

"Oh... I was meditating at that time..." El-Len scratched her head. "The sais are not all that sharp but they can hurt. I mainly don't strike with them anyways just use for defense."

"I'm thinking about using my metal Bo Staff," Christy spoke. "It's important to have your mind and weapon combined as one or---"

"Fatal conquences." El-Len finished her sentence.

"Yeah. But my Bo Staff and I will fight together as a team. Also important." Christy reminding El-Len the lesson she already has learned years ago chuckled. "Sorry you knew that since the beginning. I'm going to get something to eat. You can come if you want."

"Sure. I'll have something as well." Both walked off to where the food's at.

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

Out of curiosity,Glam went up to the drinks and took a sip of one of them..

*drinks*

..and so,she drank the rest of the energy drinks.Every.Single.One.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 sonicphc
I'm busy, and don't have much to say right now anyhow. Bullet points! - El-Len can use her weapons, but they'll have to be blunted, charged mocks like the ones Danial was just given. Even though they're not super sharp, as she mentioned, regulations are regulations. ;)

- James wins by ring out... technically. "Ring out" is quickly redefined in the rules to be "touching down outside the bounds of the arena," to handle that edge case. - Glam imeediately feels sick - unusually so for one who lives on energy drinks as much as she does - to the point where it is painful.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#215 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
Peter wasn't sure what to make of what was happening around him or the letter he had just recivied. He stared at the pink hedgehog for a while until he blinked. "Um... it's fine. You know the cause and all that jazz."
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 SuperSmashBro1

Glam fell to the floor,feeling super awake,yet in a super state of pain at the same time.But despite her pain,she picked up her guitar and played..just like yesterday.

"Must do it for the fans..and that one guy,Kyle."

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 sonicphc
11:41 - Castle Entrance Amy shook her head and smiled. "Thanks for humoring her, anyway. Oh, if you see Sonic in there, please give him a swift kick where it hurts for me. He said he was taking the day off of messengering to help with MY protests, but he's spent all day in there with HER." It was no mystery who 'HER' referred to - the only person Sonic ever went to visit at the castle was Princess Sally. "Anyhow, I guess you have a job to do. CLEAR THE WAY, PEOPLE!" The sea of protesters parted on her command, giving Peter unmolested access to the front door so he could continue his rounds.
18:32 - Downtown Unrenovated District Kyson sighed. "Well, that's one confirmation, at least," he said to himself as he observed Glam. "And the music's not as bad as I thought it would be, so I suppose this is good all around. Now to finish setting up and wait for people to arrive..."
For everyone at the tournament, I'll have the next fight schedule ready shortly. I don't have anything further planned for any of them until the fights at 12:45. There are other fights going on while this time passes, if they need something to watch or whatever to pass the time. It's also a decent time to get characters interacting with each other directly, seeing as they may or may not be having to beat one another up in a game-hour.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 white_kunoichi

11:50

Christy nearly forgotten, with a mouthful of Cheetios Puffcorn she told El-Len. "I think you'll need to talk with Newton about your sais. Just to be sure." El-Len nodded and finished her drink.

12:00

Getting through all the people and such a big place El-Len managed to find the location the director dwells.

"Um... Mr. Newton, sir? May I have permission to come in? I want your approval for using my twin sais in the next event." She glanced over at the tabby straightening up with respect and maturity as possible.

raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 raimgamer

Provehito wasn't quite getting ahold of the jargon, but the situation at hand and his recent apparent hallucination of a heptagram on the unrenovated district left him confused. The strange feeling of warmth from the ring was also intriguing. "Did you feel that?" he asked Gladia.

"What?"

"Nothing, never mind it then. Pardon me. " Provehito left the room for a moment to catch his thoughts on what was being talked and what had just happened. "Magic spikes at the unrenovated district. There wasn't really anything on board, but I swear I looked like if a cluster of spires formed over there in the diagram. Interesting." He gave the train of thoughts another go, and went back inside the meeting.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 sonicphc
11:40 - Castle BF1 The meeting continued much as it had been. More data on magic readouts was thrown up on the board, and more wild guesses were being thrown out as to the cause. Nobody seemed to be proposing any solutions, and it looked like they wouldn't get to talking about anything where Provehito could be useful anytime soon...
12:00 - Coliseum Newton welcomed El-Len in and took a quick moment to look her over with his goggles. "Yeah, that should be fine," he said, "just take them downstairs to the machine shop and they'll give you identical versions that can't pierce skin - for safety reasons. Also, you should probably take this..." He reached into his vest pocket to retrieve something for her, but something made him hesitate. "Or not," he muttered, putting his arm back at his side. "Dang, Jasmine's been busy. First Babylon and now you... and I thought I was being so clever." He shook his head and waved El-Len out of the room, saying, "don't you have a fight in 45 minutes? You should hurry up and get those things mocked..."
Anyone know where Cloud went? Anyhow, I'll assume Isaac wins his fight. Doesn't matter, really - a loss in the prelims is not necessarily an eliminations. Fight Schedule - 12:45 El-Len VS IsaacEddie VS JamesMr. A (Danial) VS AgiBabylon VS Bufu (Agi and Bufu are NPCs, and while they're not major, they are under my control for this battle. Agi is a Human male with bright red hair and fights primarily with fire. Bufu is dark blue, male bat, and fights primarily with Ice.)
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Soniczero1993

12:30

Danial had actually fallen asleep in his seat, due to being tired from all the wounds he had, and due to just being lazy. What ever fight was going on below he apparently wasn't interested in enough to stay awake. Sirvanna was kind of half watching. Part of her was watching the fight below her, part of her was cuddling up to Danial, who was unaware she was on him. She'll remind him of his fight when it comes time to head out.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 barren167
12:15 (or whenever they announce the next fights to the crowd) Finally, it happened, Lenny saw what his Father had decided was a surprise to them, and it certainly was. He wondered how he'd missed it before, except that Chan obviously hadn't paid attention to it before. He pointed it out to his brother. "Look, Agi's going up against the brutal guy." Chan's eyes widened, just a bit. "Since when did he become powerful enough to get in the tournament? He-" "Long story boys, long story. Suffice to say, Jason hasn't tried picking on the boy for a good while now." James Cloud said with a bit of a smile. "So, surprised?" Lenny just shook his head. He hadn't seen Agi in years, not since he changed schools anyway. Back then, there'd been no hints of any power of abilities that'd enable him to fight here. "What does he do now?" James smiled. "He learned to fight with fire."
I can't guarantee right now that Agi isn't somebody vital to the plot, so I'm not making up a backstory between him and the Cloud twins now, nothing major anyway. If given leeway to, I might a bit later, or might not, as the plot allows (obviously).
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 sonicphc
@barren - Two things: There are fights going on continually, so there's a round from 12:20 - 12:40 and then another from 12:45 - 13:05, and so on. Doesn't really change things, but it's not like there's a huge delay in the action while the audience sits around idly and maybe buys concessions. I had originally intended for Agi and Bufu to be complete unknowns... but I think I can work with it. Definitely don't go giving them any more background, though. ;)
Random side note to all - I know up until this point it's just been a lot of idling about with a few backstory drops and rings getting thrown at people. Every story starts with an introduction, after all. I promise that the rising action will kick up quite soon. I just need to get All tournament competitors to 12:45... Don't worry about Peter and Provehito being 45-70 minutes behind that. That's intentional, as the fighter posts are all going to consume much smaller increments of time, so everyone should sync up after the round of fights. :)
raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 raimgamer
"Umm, I see. " Provehito raised his hand asking permission to talk. "Perhaps, we're looking at the spires' placement wrongly. We should rearrange the diagram. Something might come up from it, perhaps a leak, source, or a much more efficient alternative."
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#225 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
Peter thanked Amy as the crowd made a small path for him to get to the castle. He quickly turned and made his way down the path and into the castle. From here he went through security, showing them his clearance and that he wasn't a protester, and eventually found himself where the offices were located. Wanting to get his job down soon, Peter started to go around and deliver what was left in his messenger bag.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 barren167
[QUOTE="sonicphc"]@barren - Two things: There are fights going on continually, so there's a round from 12:20 - 12:40 and then another from 12:45 - 13:05, and so on. Doesn't really change things, but it's not like there's a huge delay in the action while the audience sits around idly and maybe buys concessions. I had originally intended for Agi and Bufu to be complete unknowns... but I think I can work with it. Definitely don't go giving them any more background, though. ;)

That's what I was going for. Sort of my little way of pretending that I can affect the overall story somehow. :P Also, those are the less interesting fights, and ones I can't quite fill in for fear of making up more NPCs than are fought later by PCs. The major characters have to have the bigger fights, otherwise the major characters would be those that did have the bigger fights, right? The main character of the story's the one that saves the world, not the one that dies/gets kicked out of the tournament and fades into the background. /ramble
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 sonicphc
A whole day without a post? Where did everybody go? (To be fair, I didn't post yesterday either, but there are 10 of us. We're getting to the exciting stuff soon, I promise. I just need the Combatants to all get ready for their next fights)
11:42 - Castle BF1 "...Rearrange the diagram?" Loren asked, curiously. "How do you-" A hand shot up just in front of Provehito. It belonged to a dark purple rabbit - a unusual color to match his unusual height - and bore the same ring Provehito had. "I think," he remarked, "he's referring to the arrangement on the drains on the outside of the diagram. They're nearly equidistant, yes? And their timing is also equally spaced in hours..." This kicked up some faint murmuring in the crowd. He took the moment to look at Provehito, revealing his nametag: "Paulo - NMG Representative." He seemed confused until he noticed the hedgehog's ring, commenting, "Ah. No wonder you noticed," before turning back around.
11:45 - Castle F1 While making his rounds, Peter came across a small, noisy obstruction in the hallway. Sonic and Sally were engaged in a heated argument that had apparently gotten to big for the room Sally was working in. "I'm just a figurehead, Sonic!" Sally yelled. "I don't have that kind of authority, and even if I did I wouldn't do it!" "And why not?" Sonic fired back. "You met my uncle! What makes you think my parents are going to be some kind of threat? Even if Robotnik game them some kind of killer weapon, I could handle them!" "No, Sonic. We can't just activate robots like that to make people happy. Otherwise, we'd have to do it for everyone whose families fall into that class, and that wouldn't be sa-" "You are SO full of it, Princess. I think all of this politics stuff has gone you your head. You're putting policy over common sense, and when did following the rules ever get us anywhere, huh?" "Hey, my plans would have worked fine. You were always jeopardizing the mission to go play hero." "Oh, so I'm the bad guy for taking robotnik down?" "Wow, that's not even close to what I was saying. You're so desperate to-" "To make you realize what a uptight piece of work you're being? Man, Sally, this is so uncool of you." "You know what? We're done here." "No we're-" Sally stormed back into her room and slammed the door shut. Sonic dropped to the floor and sighed, resting his head against the wall. It was then he noticed Peter. "Oh, hey... uh, Patrick? Perry? Peter! I see you got my work for the day..." He paused as his eyes locked on Peter's red ring. One could almost see the gears turning in his head. "I guess we're two of a kind, then," he said, pulling out an identical ring and slipping it on his finger. "Faster than sound... fighting for freedom... Say, how do you feel about breaking into hyper-secure underground facilities? I feel like their security measures are only prepared to handle one of me..."
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 white_kunoichi

Weekends are paying bills, family fun, and video games. :P

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 barren167
I'm on (almost) daily, I just don't post until I've something to say. In this RPG right now, I'm sort of lacking in anything to say (which is why I like a lot of characters... :P).
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 SuperSmashBro1
I was to busy facing Kombatants in MK online,training for part II of some tourney i'm in.Plus I don't know what I should do next.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 sonicphc
@SSB - Well, you jumped so far ahead on the timeline I have to wait for the others to catch up/arrive before I can do much for Glam @WK - No prob. You're in a position where you can be fast forwarded to 12:45 if need be. Family stuff's important. ;) @barren - Heh. Let me know these things. I want to make sure everyone has something to do. I'll move my plans up on the timeline to unblock you here in a bit.

I think right now I'm waiting on Babylon to respond to Newton, for Isaac to actually fight, and James/Eddie to say what they do in their downtime. I'll give it until tomorrow and then fast forward the whole lot to combat time. :)
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 sonicphc
12:38 - Coliseum An exasperated Newton made his way through the crowd until he came across the Cloud family. "Hey, James," he said, scratching the back of his head, "I hate to cut your break short, but they need some extra help downstairs. Apparently some of the competitors have taken the fights beyond the designated fighting areas and times... I'll make it up to you. For now, if your kids would like a better view, they're welcome to come join me up in the Director's box. These may be good seats, but I've got it set up there so you can see everything from every angle." His eyes began searching the back of his head for something. After a slightly awkward pause, he said, "No, yeah, that's all I have to say. Thanks!" He then headed back upstairs to get ready to watch the next match.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 barren167
@barren - Heh. Let me know these things. I want to make sure everyone has something to do. I'll move my plans up on the timeline to unblock you here in a bit.sonicphc
I thought you might know, so I waited a polite amount of time so I didn't sound impatient. Besides, I knew there were others waiting.
Lenny's eyes widened. This, was what he'd been hoping for. It might require a bit of work to set up, but if he played it right... Chan, on the other hand, just thought it really cool that the director asked them to sit in his booth. He knew about his brother's report, obviously, and found it very important, of course. He just couldn't show his interest, yet. James (not Cloud) kept his thoughts to himself. "Yes sir, I'l get right on it. See you boys a little later." James Cloud headed down to where the combatants were kept, while the three boys took off after Newton at a reasonable pace.
BABYLON1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 BABYLON1990

i hate it that whenever something gets exiting my internet shuts down. Sorry about that guys, you must be thinking im doing this on purpose!! :D

But im back up. What does Babylon need to answer?

white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 white_kunoichi

El-Len nodded as she understood Newton, gave him a farewell bow, and headed off to the machine room.

12:10

Once there El-Len explained to a crimson turtle about the twin sais she has and Newton's permission to have them blunted. With care she put them in the box the turtle handed over to her but El-Len wanted to tell him how important they are.

"If you could, sir, please treat them with respect. They're...very delicate to me... They were past down by my family for generations... Please." She spoke as politely as ever. The turtle just harshly dropped the box in the machine. El-Len let out a quiet shriek as the machine roughly did it's progress. Afterwards, the turtle gave her the identical sais. Her face was depressing how he didn't listened to her plea. Staring at the turtle, she then notice something about him. Though he was looking away, El-Len waved to him and pointed at her (very tiny) ear.

"Are you deaf?" El-Len moved her lips slowly so he can read them. He signed "yes."

El-Len made an "oh" expression and gave her sign lanuage a try. She explained what she said to him about her sais and he gasped in shock. He signed, "So sorry. I didn't know. I thought you said 'hurry up so I can get on with my fight.' Sorry again for that."

El-Len signed, "It's okay. People still mistaken a deaf for hearing, huh?"

He nodded and signed, "You should get back and don't worry. I'll keep a vigilant eye on your weapons. You can count on me."

El-Len signed a "thank you" and turned to head out but stopped. She signed back to the turtle, "What's your name?"

He finger spelled it as Sawyer. Both waved good-bye.

12:30

Fifthteen more minutes til the next rumble. El-Len waited.

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Soniczero1993

I can't believe Danial has been sleeping all this time.

---------------------------

12:37

Danial had awoken when Sirvanna started nibbling on his ear. Not wanting to experience that, he had started walking around the area, leaving her to pout in her seat. As he walked about, he noticed a chameleon appearing to be waiting for the next group of fighters to smack each other down. Feeling formal for some odd reason, he approached her.

"Greetings, I am...Mr A. I guess, for some odd reason. I didn't come up with the name, they gave it to me. Don't ask. Anyway, I see that you've gotten past your first fight. While I didn't see it, I can tell from your form that you are no normal fighter."

raimgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 raimgamer
Provehito was intrigued someone else had the same type of ring he had. At least, he had not spied on another one at the moment apart from his. Perhaps, common link? Anyways, the rabbit worked in something completely different from his. Loren had been interrupted, which was interesting considering she had been a bit strict so far, with her commanding voice. He pondered on the drains Paulo mentioned, but he said "Eh, I don't know, I've been interested in geometric figures for so long. One of my favorites has been an heptagram, mainly because 7 is my favorite number. Perhaps we should try that?"
SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 SonicHomeboy
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

Whoops! A tad behind on my posting. ^^; I'll fix that. Anyway, nothing much goes on with Eddie and Lucy. They pretty much catch up on what have been going on in their lives so far. Nothing major.

12:35

---------

Eddie looked at the board and saw who his next opponent was.

"Well," he said, "it looks like it's almost time for me to go up once again."

"Do be careful," Lucy said as she hugged him.

"Heh, I will," he said as he made his way to the battle arena.

Okay, he thought to himself. Let's see who this James is. 

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 barren167
So many James, this could really get confusing soon. AKA, I misread the above post... I'd post something involving Lenny talking to Newton, but I'll wait and see if he can actually make it to his box this time, as I doubt he will.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 sonicphc
Reposting these for Babylon: 11:31 - Coliseum Underground Newton sauntered through the field of contestants, brushing off their questions with a wave of his hand. It was clear he was looking for someone, and didn't want to be bothered. "Babylon!" he called out just as his target rounded the corner. "Hold up!" Newton ran over and placed a hand on the hedgehog's shoulder. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for the incident up there. I know your battles usually end in crowd fanfare, but I think everyone was too fixated on the bloody mess happening opposite you." He started searching his vest pockets for something, adding, "Anyhow, I know how important the reputation you build here is to you, and so I wanted you... to..." Newton let the next word hang on the tip of his tongue as his eyes drifted towards Babylon's hand. He swallowed it back down and pulled his hand from his jacket. The fabric complained softly as the object he was searching for slid down it into the pocket's base. He pointed at the ring on Babylon's finger and asked, "Where did you get that?" He sounded more concerned than curious. Fight Schedule - 12:45 El-Len VS Isaac Eddie VS James Mr. A (Danial) VS Agi Babylon VS Bufu (Bufu is dark blue, male bat, and fights primarily with Ice.)
And now to your regularly scheduled, new GM stuff
11:45 - Castle BF1 Loren looked at the board, then to Provehito, and then back to the board. She looked nervously as Paulo who nodded solemnly. Provehito had just somehow confirmed something the two of them knew, and they clearly weren't telling anyone. "All right then," she said, her tone slightly more concerned now. "I think we all need to address how we're going to deal with this problem, as we certainly can't let it settle. If we're going to devote more spire resources to shutting down these patterns, we need to either get more spire resources by increasing the passive magic tax or reduce spire enforcement elsewhere. Obviously a magic tax increase would be unpopular, but might prove necessary. The floor is open to suggestions."
12:35 - Coliseum Main Arenas A tall human with bright red hair and a dark blue bat sauntered in. It was clear the two of them had entered together, and had known each other for some time. They were confident, wearing eager smiles that bore a hint of malice. The names on their entry bracelets read "Agi" and "Bufu" respectively. "Looks like fun," the human said. "Do you think we should, ah, 'greet' them, as the director wants?" The bat laughed. "Oh, please, Agi. Like any of them stand a chance. Why greet someone when they won't remember you before long?" "Now, Bufu, there's no killing here today." "Oh, I just meant I'd beat them so hard they'd suffer from memory loss." "Fair enough." The two hopped up onto their respective arenas, which were diagonally across from each other. They eagerly awaited their opponents to approach.
Cloud is busy. I'll control Isaac for now, I suppose. Isaac quietly climbs up onto his arena and waits for El-Len to join.
12:41 - Coliseum Top Floor Newton wasn't kidding when he said you could see every angle. Lenny and co. stepped into a large, rectangular room with walls completely covered in plasma television monitors. Every arena had four or five different angles from which the fight could be viewed, with stats and scores displayed on HUDs in the corners. The front of the room was one giant glass window which overlooked the coliseum, providing a nice top-down view of the above-ground action. Aside from the well decorated walls, however, the room was mostly empty. There were a few folding tables covered in papers and books near the window, and a couple of cheap, wheeled office chairs, but not much else. The book closest to the window was immediately recognizable to Lenny, A first edition copy of the book he and Jasmine had written in college. It was closed, but a nearby book was lying open with pages covered in the same, indecipherable writing Lenny had been repeatedly told was a "misprint" Newton heard them come in and turned from staring out the window to greet them. "Glad you could make it," he said, pulling his goggles down over his eyes. He suddenly looked confused, and commented as he removed them, "Weird. Your dad wasn't kidding when he talked about how special his boys were..." "ANYHOW," he continued, "I think this next round of fights should be spectacular. Can I get you anything? Food? Drink? It's just a comm call away. I feel bad keeping your dad from you so much as I do..."
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Soniczero1993

12:36

------

Danial had begun to enter his arena. As he walked over, he could hear Sirvanna shouting at him to come back alive. Apparently she hasn't figured out there's no killing allowed, but it's nice she cares. Maybe a bit too much. Regardless, Danial looked over at his foe, looking at him as if he was trying to scan his entire person for certain signs.

snake8head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 snake8head

So many James, this could really get confusing soon. AKA, I misread the above post... I'd post something involving Lenny talking to Newton, but I'll wait and see if he can actually make it to his box this time, as I doubt he will.barren167

Ya...I actually made a comment about that in my first day post lol.

James sat on the floor for a second after hearing the referees finally stating the result.

"Awesome, now I get to keep getting my face pounded in...maybe I should have waited for the mecha or magic fights..." James thought to himself.

His mech came over and helped him up off the floor and they headed to the infirmary.

The medic was not too busy as it was only the first round. He patched up the small cuts on James's face.

"So I saw the end of your first round, what the heck was that explosion?" The medic asked.

"Oh, it was a resonant pressure blast. I manipulated the surrounding air to create a standing wave between my mech and myself...although it didn't really work."

The medic blankly stared back, then replied: "Well...sure made quite a bang, I could hear it from in here." The medic continued to administer to James's small wounds.

For a moment James thought about what went wrong in comparison to yesterdays try out..."For that round, the test mech essentially disintegrated, yet this fight my opponent was completely unharmed..." he thought, then it hit him. "Oh!" he exclaimed out loud, "Yesterday my mech's resonator was malfunctioning, therefore making its sonic emission slightly out of tune with my projections creating a high frequency beat pattern which was a higher harmonic of the mech's structural resonant frequency which shook all of the bolts loose!"

"I didn't understand a word of that, but sounds interesting." The medic said as he finished with the last small bandage.

"Oh, ha, sorry I was thinking out loud." James replied as he jumped off the examination table. "Thanks for the fix up!"

James had intended to project an in-tune sonic resonance with his mech such that his opponent was exactly at the highest magnitude peak of the standing wave of sound, however what actually happened is that his opponent this afternoon was standing exactly at the point of lowest intensity (the null), hence the large bang for so little result.

"Alright, now I know what to do." James mumbled to himself as he headed to the workshop to quickly "Break" his mech a little bit to reproduce the previous day's result.

On his way he noticed he was facing Eddie. "Probably should look up the info on his fight...I hope he's not another melee person..." As he rubbed his rather sore face.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 sonicphc
I'm leaving some room for some character interaction before I have Newton "fire the starting gun," as it were.
12:36 - Coliseum Arena Agi was doing likewise to Danial, but it was less of a general scan than it was a visual scouring. He was put off by something, and he clearly knew what he was looking for, but he wasn't finding it. Bufu was behaving similarly, though was looking at the competitor field as a whole to find it. Finally, Agi spoke. "Your spirit warms me, 'Mr. A'. I'm curious as to how such a physical fighter developed an aura like yours..."
BABYLON1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 BABYLON1990

Babylon stopped to answer the question he was asked. he was not worried about the crowd not going wild, after all as long as they paid to be there was money being raised, he was cool.

"This ring? I got it in a box along with my invitation to the tournament. Why whats wrong?"

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 sonicphc
11:32 - Coliseum Underground "From Paulo?" Newton asked of Babylon, his expression particularly quizzical. "That's... news. Ah, well, then, I'll leave you be to prepare for your next fight..." He quickly walked off the direction he came, his demeanor slightly soured. OOC: And from here I would recommend Fast-Fowarding Babylon to 12:45ish, as thems when the next fights start, and almost everyone's ready. :)
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 barren167
James politely declined anything, and went to sit next to Chan, who was already staring intently at the box where Agi and Mr. A were fighting. Lenny looked up at Newton with sudden recognition, too late to do anything about it. "boys are special". Fancy goggles. He knew... All right then, he was asking for it. And not the darts, it was five seconds too late for those to have any effect. "There is something I'd like to ask you about, actually, but it might have to wait a bit. To be honest, I actually wanted to talk to you, about these rings we have. Namely, about their potential applications as weapons, as described in your report at Emerald College, and if you have a different theory on the 'misprint' theory in the book History of Alternative Weapons that you published there." If he came off as a bit interrogative, he wasn't too concerned, Lenny wasn't too concerned, he was counting on a combination of haste, discontent over keeping the boys from their father, sudden surprise over his discovery about the boys and great interest in events soon to come to get something of a most interesting response. What it was, he wasn't certain, and he planned just to go from there. "Oh yeah, and a water would be nice, please."
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Soniczero1993
"Well, that's a good question. Maybe it's my strong sense of honor. Maybe it's my ability to watch over those who have been treated unjustly. Or maybe it's just the little lady who's cheerfulness warms my soul. Regardless what it is, I can tell you that I do what is right for the people, no matter how high a target."
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 white_kunoichi

12:45

It begins now. El-Len gripped her "fake" sais and approached her opponent; a human goes by the name Isaac. Just by a short glance she knew that he has great experience. A little nervous of such presence but this is just sports. Doesn't really matter if she wins or loses just innocent combat. Though that feeling tells her Isaac is going to claim the victory on this one.

In other words, Cloud can beat my character. I'm letting him win and I don't mind at all.

snake8head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 snake8head
James walked into the workshop, which was a bustle with the mech fighters all doing last minute mods. Jim's mech hopped up onto the workbench and entered maintenance mode. James removed the "fix" to throw the resonator back out of tune. When he reached to his utility jacket pocket for a tool, he felt something out of place. "The Ring!" Excitedly he pulled the ring out of his pocket. He had speculated using one of the rings in the past, but they were too hard to get a hold of (because of their use in non-lethal weapons).

Pulled out his BatonN and disassembled it. He was about to apply a theory that he had come up with a long time ago. Because of the linear power transmission of the rings, he figured he can put it into the BatonN to accelerate the charge time for the amplifier.

Graph

The problem...was he had no idea what the maximum possible power output could be. He programmed in a safety feature to shut down the amplifier in the event of catastrophic overload. (As in the BatonN would probably explode.)

After he had his mech back together and his weapon ready, he headed out to the fighting platforms.

Time: 12:20 PM
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 sonicphc
12:43 - Coliseum Director's Box Newton walked over to one of the tables and used a small, handheld device to radio for a couple of bottles of water. He then turned to Lenny and said, "Well, I hope you're not dreaming of using those things to create some crazy weapon. They're just an analog device for reducing energy. A beam enters one face, bounces off a number of other faces, losing energy, and returns out the middle with a precisely reduced strength. Obviously, you could just generate a beam with lower strength instead, but this makes practical cheaper devices whose cores are only capable of generating massive beams. To be honest, I don't remember much of how it works. It's been a few years since I've worked with them. I just give out colored versions because they look cool and are distinctly 'me,' you know?" He leaned back on a nearby table and sighed. "It's nice to see someone interested in my former work, if not a little strange. I'd direct you to that book you mentioned for more detail, but the section on the rings got corrupted, and we didn't see it until after we sent it to the printer... Oh, hey, the next round is starting. This should be good..."
12:45 - Coliseum Arena Floor (Fast forwarding ALL COMPETITORS to now) A ref standing in the center of all the fighting arenas gave the usual lecture on rules and sportsmanship while All the competitors for the round got into position. Agi paid no attention, and continued to heckle Danial. "Hmph, I'm glad you think so highly of yourself, but all that really has nothing to do with it. It would seem you're not the only one here in your condition, as I'm feeling about..." "Yeah," Bufu commented from across the way. "I'm picking it up from... everyone up here. That wasn't true last round." Agi paused and scratched his chin. "You don't suppose this is a trap, do you?" "How could it be? We're two days early. I thought we were just here to announce ourselves and give them a scare." The two of them looked around some more, clearly confused. As the ref was closing his speech, Bufu came to a realization. "You don't suppose it has anything to do with those rings they're wearing?" "...that must be it. I was wondering how the ciphers could be ahead of the schedules the prophecies laid down, but they've developed some sort of spirit holding device. They must have known we were coming early and planned this." "Well, then, brother, I guess we'll just have to kill them all!" Agi frowned. "No, Bufu. Not yet. Let's try and keep things peaceful for now. I rather like Mr. A. I'll only kill him if it looks like Aduro might choose him." "Heh. Likewise on this Babylon character with Imbri" The ref's whistle interrupted their conversation, bringing it to an end. The two grinned madly and rushed their opponents, leaving trails of fire and ice, respectively, behind them.
Isaac cautiously approached El-Len looking equally nervous. A small fireball sat in his right hand. Though he wasn't sure it was the best plan, he waited for her to make the first move.
Newton stared at the screen Chan and James were watching, eyes wide. He had turned the sound on for that camera, and was barely able to make out what Agi and Bufu had been saying under the noise of the crowd. He muttered an expletive and ran to the table nearest the window, throwing the papers every which way in search of something. "There it is!" he said, clutching tightly a centimeter-thick stack of paper. He pinned it to the table with one hand and used the other to keep his place. It was covered in markings eerily similar to the supposed "misprint" in the textbook. Whatever it meant, it was clear that Newton could read the strange language, and could probably write in it, too. "That CAN'T be them," he continued to mutter to himself. "There's no way I could have missed that. Did Jasmine send them here? She better not have..." He picked up the comm device and said, "Yeah, Brandon? Start taking down the spire shield. Yes, I know. YES, I KNOW. I wouldn't be asking for this if it weren't going to be an emergency. Look, I don't need it down all the way, just start weakening it. I'm pretty sure we're going to need it to trip here in the next ten minutes... Just trust me on this, okay?"
Though I've only name dropped them thus far, Aduro and Imbri are both very, very major characters. :)