sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#101 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Made by Sonic Team... stars Sonic characters... yeah, I'd say it qualifies.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#102 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Okay just asking.
flo17602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#103 flo17602
Member since 2006 • 6051 Posts
my best is sonic 2 for sega genesis! And my worst is sonic chaos!
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 chocolate1325
Sonic Chaos isn't that bad its just average well its your opinion.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 sonicphc
Meh. Most of the game gear games sucked. My only exception to that is Tails Adventures. That game was win.
DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#106 DarkSmokeNinja
Member since 2008 • 3485 Posts

My best was Sonic Riders Zero Gravity

My worst was Sonic Advance 2

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 chocolate1325

DarkSmokeNinja
Sonic Advance 2 is quality and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity your favourite. Wow that is suprising.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 sonicphc
Meh. In retrospect (and yes, the current review by Sonicspot for the game probably says otherwise) I'm not sure how great a game SAd2 actually is. I mean, it pretty much devolved into holdrightandwin, and the special stage design, both in how they played and how you accessed them, was probably some of the most obnoxious I've ever seen. I could see how someone would list that near the bottom of their list of games.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 chocolate1325
I really like Sonic Advance 2 alot the bosses were really good and finding the special rings with Sonic to access the special zone was fun.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#110 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts

I really like Sonic Advance 2 alot the bosses were really good and finding the special rings with Sonic to access the special zone was fun.chocolate1325

Personally for me, Sonic Advance 1 was a bit too easy, Sonic Advance 2 was a bit too hard but #3 was just right. As I said with the "which Sonic friend is fun to play thread" I like in the Advance series that it allowed you to choose who you wanted to play without forcing you into playing them. Plus, they all were able to run fast like Sonic however I liked the inclusion of the team aspect in SA3 because it did allow for various special team moves that helped out. For just playing through stages I'd use the Sonic/Tails combo because Tails would toss me up and I could get to those higher ledges where the good stuff was. But when I was going back to find all those Chao (my major gripe of that game) I'd use the Knuckles/Tails combo for the high jumping and the added ability to climb. Though Amy and Cream seemed pretty useless to me except for the final battle with Eggman where using the Sonic/Cream combo made hitting Eggman so much easier because their combined jump move tossed Sonic in the air while spinning so you could just wail on Eggman without having to wait for the right moment to jump up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#111 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

I've only played the console sonic platformers so those are the only ones I'll list.

Best: Sonic 2

It's easily the most played and most beaten game ever.

Ever.

Worst: Shadow the Hedgehog

I despise the emo subculture. Those kids have identity crisis issues. So does Shadow. Is he good? Is he bad? Do I care? I don't. Not a bit. Bland graphics. A dull color palette. Generic paint by numbers rock soundtrack. sloppy controls. And of course, guns. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said about how incredibly ridiculous this game is other than this.

Shadow the Hedgehog makes Sonic next gen look like Sonic and Knuckles.

alpunk96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#112 alpunk96
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts

Best:

• Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic Heroes
  • Sonic CD

Worst

• Sonic Labrynth
    Sonic Genesis
    Sonic the Hedgehog '06

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#113 DocEggmanNega
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
I also dislike that the game was somewhat obviously aimed at the younger generation (Team Rose, the game telling you what exactly to do even though it was quite obvious, and the colorful menu give the game a childish feel).demoman_chaos

Yeah, dude... Sonic games are supposed to have that childish charm to them. I suggest you get used to it. That's part of what made Sonic Heroes feel more like a Sonic game from an artistic point of view.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 DocEggmanNega
Made by Sonic Team... stars Sonic characters... yeah, I'd say it qualifies.sonicphc
Yeah, but it's still only a spin-off. And the fact that P1 doesn't play as Sonic makes it valid for anyone to say it isn't a Sonic game. It's a Shadow game. Much like Yoshi and Wario games aren't always considered to be Mario games.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 sonicphc
I consider them Mario games...
Angelwave06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Angelwave06
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
i'd say it was a sonic game as well it's part of the sonic world and it does include him even tho u can't play him but basicly it is a spin off.....
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 chocolate1325
I consider Yoshis Island games to be Mario games.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DocEggmanNega
I consider them Mario games...sonicphc

I don't. They have little to nothing to do with Mario. They are spin-offs to me.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#119 demoman_chaos
Member since 2006 • 13896 Posts
If you can play as Mario, it is a Mario game. If you can't, it isn't. Same deal with Sonic.
Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#120 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts

I've only played the console sonic platformers so those are the only ones I'll list.

Ever.

I despise the emo subculture. Those kids have identity crisis issues. So does Shadow. Is he good? Is he bad? Do I care? I don't. Not a bit. Bland graphics. A dull color palette. Generic paint by numbers rock soundtrack. sloppy controls. And of course, guns. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said about how incredibly ridiculous this game is other than this.

whoozwah

I like this guy. He tells the truth.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 chocolate1325

Ever.

whoozwah
Wow really.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
[QUOTE="whoozwah"]

Ever.

chocolate1325

Wow really.

believe it.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 kbaily

I think we could sit around here forever talking about which game is worse, Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic 06. If you talk from a technical standpoint Sonic 06 is practically broken. Constant load screens, barely functional controls, bad camera angles that lead to cheap deaths, glitchy graphics.

I will admit that Shadow's game runs smoother from a technical standpoint, at least the GC version but mostly the game is criticized for swapping, fun, high speed quality gameplay for shock factor.

The question also comes when comparing the two is which seems more tasteless, a cartoon hedgehog brandishing guns and saying "damn," or a cartoon hedgehog having a romantic relationship with a human girl.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 chocolate1325
In terms of dissapointment Sonic 2006 is the most dissapointing as kbaily said. It promised so much from SEGA that it would return the serie back to the good old days and what we got was a big mess of a game that made it nearly impossible to like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5c35826ea3913

I say Sonic 06 was better than shadow because there were actually some legitimately good speed sequences throughout the game.

I couldn't find anything remotely fun in Shadow.

-TheWormsMan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 -TheWormsMan-
Member since 2008 • 621 Posts
Shadow got a mixed response, but I'd prefer it over Sonic 06' any day.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 sonicphc
Mixed? http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/shadowthehedgehog?q=shadow%20the%20hedgehog I was under the impression that it was very widely considered to be fail.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#128 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkSmokeNinja"]

chocolate1325

Sonic Advance 2 is quality and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity your favourite. Wow that is suprising.

Well, his opinion is in the minority. Mine is too. For example, I personally don't like Sonic CD and Sonic Adventure 2 and yet, Sonic Heroes is one of my favorite Sonic games and I think it's up there with his Genesis games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
[QUOTE="chocolate1325"][QUOTE="DarkSmokeNinja"]

TAMKFan

Well, his opinion is in the minority. Mine is too. For example, I personally don't like Sonic CD and Sonic Adventure 2 and yet, Sonic Heroes is one of my favorite Sonic games and I think it's up there with his Genesis games.

Sonic Heroes was paced like a Genesis era sonic game. 2 stages and boss fight.

DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#130 DarkSmokeNinja
Member since 2008 • 3485 Posts
[QUOTE="TAMKFan"][QUOTE="chocolate1325"][QUOTE="DarkSmokeNinja"]

whoozwah

Sonic Heroes was paced like a Genesis era sonic game. 2 stages and boss fight.

The very first level in sonic heroes reminds me of green hill zone. Heroes was a game that was pretty close to its roots.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DocEggmanNega

That's why an oldschool Sonic fan like me finds the most enjoyment out of Sonic Heroes. At it's core, it's the Sonic I fell in love with, but with fun new twists that don't take away from the experience.

The bosses were fun, but not how they should be in a Sonic game. (with the expection of a few)

Oh, and GameTrailers liked Shadow. (gave it too high of a score) But regardless, there are a bunch of Sonic fans who like Shadow, so I'd say it has mixed reactions. Even a Sonic vet like myself enjoyed it (for the right reasons) so I can't honestly say it's bad.

demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 demoman_chaos

Heroes had only 2 real bosses (excluding the final storyline, which had 1 other with different attacks). The 2nd official boss was simply an add-on to the first boss, which you had to fight again. Both of those could easily be beat by just catchign up to the machie and mashing the jump button.
Other than that, it was the button mashing fest (aka team battles) or a glob of goons. They really could have done better with bosses.

The concept of Heroes is good, up to a point. I place it on the lower middle of the Sonic games I have played (the lower end is dominated by Game Gear games and Sonic the Fighters)

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 sonicphc

That's why an oldschool Sonic fan like me finds the most enjoyment out of Sonic Heroes. At it's core, it's the Sonic I fell in love with, but with fun new twists that don't take away from the experience.

The bosses were fun, but not how they should be in a Sonic game. (with the expection of a few)

Oh, and GameTrailers liked Shadow. (gave it too high of a score) But regardless, there are a bunch of Sonic fans who like Shadow, so I'd say it has mixed reactions. Even a Sonic vet like myself enjoyed it (for the right reasons) so I can't honestly say it's bad.

DocEggmanNega
Meh. Just about every boss fight in heroes was a button mashing fest, just with a different lead character to mash buttons with at different times. Also, the only thing really "Fun" about Shadow, IMO, was being able to jump and stop in midair all matrix like while unloading on everything around you (especially considering that was really the only way to hit anything with the guns enough to kill it). It's one of those games where I think it's a worse "Sonic" game than it is a "General" game.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 chocolate1325
Well its not my opinion on Sonic Heroes it certainly isn't anywhere near the worst game in the Sonic series but its nowhere near the best either.
-TheWormsMan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 -TheWormsMan-
Member since 2008 • 621 Posts

Mixed? http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/shadowthehedgehog?q=shadow%20the%20hedgehog I was under the impression that it was very widely considered to be fail.sonicphc

I wouldn't trust half the sites on that list. Take a look at the user score: 6.0/10 is hardly a bad score.

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DocEggmanNega
Well, there were 3 different boss battles in Sonic Heroes. Not enough, though. Team Battles were a mess. Badnik bashing was very fun, but not a proper boss. The big boss machine battles they actually did have were better than most of the other bosses in previous Sonic games, since alot of them were too easy. In Heroes, the proper bosses actually made the game feel like a fight. But the lack of good bosses was nothing new. Just something that STILL needing improving since SA1. At least they nailed the stages and extra content for once.
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 demoman_chaos

Only ones that weren't a button mash fest was the Egg-Knight and Metal Sonic. The Egg-Hawk and Albatross could be easily defeat by catching up to it and rapidly smashing the jump button to rapidly homing attack it. You coudl stay with it and damage it at the same time.
Badnik Blitzes were ok, but had no replay value once you learned the order they appear and how to easily crush each wave.

SA and SA2 had some decent bosses, but not really anything like the Genesis titles. The Bio-Lizard was tough (but repetitive), the Character VS Character battles were decent (better than in SH at least), and the Big Boo was cool. SA1 had some of the better boss battles though, minus Big's and Perfect Chaos.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 sonicphc
IMO the best bosses in any Sonic game are to be found in Sonic Rush Adventure.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DocEggmanNega

I also think SRA had the best boss battles.

Only ones that weren't a button mash fest was the Egg-Knight and Metal Sonic. The Egg-Hawk and Albatross could be easily defeat by catching up to it and rapidly smashing the jump button to rapidly homing attack it. You coudl stay with it and damage it at the same time.
Badnik Blitzes were ok, but had no replay value once you learned the order they appear and how to easily crush each wave.

SA and SA2 had some decent bosses, but not really anything like the Genesis titles. The Bio-Lizard was tough (but repetitive), the Character VS Character battles were decent (better than in SH at least), and the Big Boo was cool. SA1 had some of the better boss battles though, minus Big's and Perfect Chaos.

demoman_chaos

The Egg Albatross wasn't a button-mash fest, though. You had to do it at the right position and times.
And bosses in Sonic games never have replay value, so that's nothing new.

Yeah, character VS character was okay, but boring, and Biolizard was easy. (easy final bosses was nothing new for 3D Sonic)

I agree that King Boom Boo was a cool boss. Probably the best one of SA2.

kbplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#140 kbplayer
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts
[QUOTE="whoozwah"]

Ever.

chocolate1325
Wow really.

:evil:241368767633665836473654 you!
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 demoman_chaos
The Egg Albatross wasn't a button-mash fest, though. You had to do it at the right position and times.
And bosses in Sonic games never have replay value, so that's nothing new.

Yeah, character VS character was okay, but boring, and Biolizard was easy. (easy final bosses was nothing new for 3D Sonic)

I agree that King Boom Boo was a cool boss. Probably the best one of SA2. DocEggmanNega

I always beat the Albatross by running up to a wing and smashing the jump button untill he turned into the Egg-Hawk, then cathing back up and mashing the jump button again.
The Genesis bosses could be played severasl times and still be enjoyed. The 3D games fail at making them last as long.

The abosulte easiest boss was Sonic;s first boss in SA2. Once you got the bounce bracelet, all you had to do was bounce untill you were high enough to hit the cockpit, then hit it. Continue bouncing untill the machine recovered, then do it again.

I am still curious what ever happened to the 8-Hit rule with Sonic bosses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
[QUOTE="chocolate1325"][QUOTE="whoozwah"]

Ever.

kbplayer

Wow really.

hey man. Sometimes the truth hurts...

j/k. If you like the game, great. At least someone did. It's just MY OPINION that it was a wretched pile of unmentionables. No need to throw animosity in my direction.

SegaStar15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SegaStar15
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

To me, the best Sonic game ever is a tie between Sonic 2, and Sonic CD.

The worst is Sonic Labyrinth for the Game Gear.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 sonicphc
I am still curious what ever happened to the 8-Hit rule with Sonic bosses.demoman_chaos
They brought it back once for Sonic Rush, but it went away again with Rush Adventure. They probably discovered that 8 hits can be way too long or way to short depending on what you actually have to do to be able to hit the boss. For example, 8 hits on King Boom Boo would take way too long seeing as it's a 3 step process just to hit him one time, where as 8 hits on the Ghost Pirate in rush adventure would go by in about 5 seconds.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DocEggmanNega

I always beat the Albatross by running up to a wing and smashing the jump button untill he turned into the Egg-Hawk, then cathing back up and mashing the jump button again.
The Genesis bosses could be played severasl times and still be enjoyed. The 3D games fail at making them last as long.

The abosulte easiest boss was Sonic;s first boss in SA2. Once you got the bounce bracelet, all you had to do was bounce untill you were high enough to hit the cockpit, then hit it. Continue bouncing untill the machine recovered, then do it again.

I am still curious what ever happened to the 8-Hit rule with Sonic bosses.

demoman_chaos
Yeah, I can enjoy the (enjoyable) 3D Sonic game bosses many times as well, but there's still nothing excitingly new to go back to.

I think Chaos 0 in SA1 was easiest since you just had to charge a Light Attack, and unleash it once to win.

Yeah, I think the 3D games back then were making it popular to do 3-hit bosses for the first bosses. I could be way off, but it's only a thought. I like health bars for Sonic bosses, though Still, the cIassic 8 hits for Zone bosses was neat.

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 kbaily
[QUOTE="kbplayer"][QUOTE="chocolate1325"][QUOTE="whoozwah"]

Ever.

whoozwah

Wow really.

hey man. Sometimes the truth hurts...

j/k. If you like the game, great. At least someone did. It's just MY OPINION that it was a wretched pile of unmentionables. No need to throw animosity in my direction.

That's why I don't get, if you like a game, then what does it matter if everyone else says it sucks? It seems like all you have to do is say "I didn't care for Shadow the Hedgehog" and immediately you get a bunch of these tween Sonic fans going on about how "Shadow iz cool cause he shootz gunz and is awesome!" Don't worry, I once would've thought that was cool, but then I turned 15.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 chocolate1325
Sonic Rush Adventure is the closest thing to the old 2D Sonic games.
kbplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#148 kbplayer
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts
sonic adventure 2 battle, sonic rush, and Sonic the hedghog(not the 2006 version. and why did that version suck?) had the best boss fights
demoman_chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 demoman_chaos
I think Chaos 0 in SA1 was easiest since you just had to charge a Light Attack, and unleash it once to win.

Yeah, I think the 3D games back then were making it popular to do 3-hit bosses for the first bosses. I could be way off, but it's only a thought. I like health bars for Sonic bosses, though Still, the cIassic 8 hits for Zone bosses was neat.

DocEggmanNega

Never tried that, I usually beat him the normal way.

SA1 did mostly 3 hit bosses, SA2 started out with 4 and only the Bio-Lizard and Big Boo were different (besides character battles).