Why do democrats support racists?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/commentary/bidens-history-getting-away-racist-remarks

As a black man, im offended Biden is anywhere near any position of power.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

A gentle reminder that the Republican party's current strategy and practice is to literally and explicitly take away voting power from black people.

If the question is "why do black people vote for Democrats even though Biden has said things that could be considered racist," the answer is, "because Republicans oppress black people."

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8223 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

A gentle reminder that the Republican party's current strategy and practice is to literally and explicitly take away voting power from black people.

If the question is "why do black people vote for Democrats even though Biden has said things that could be considered racist," the answer is, "because Republicans oppress black people."

Democrats like to pretend that requiring an I.D to vote "oppresses" black people from voting. It's funny because assuming black people can't obtain an I.D (like 99.9% of normal functioning adults) just because of their skin pigmentation they were born..with is racist in itself.

Never understood the argument, it's like saying someone is too dumb to get an I.D because of the color of their skin. It's so dumb.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SargentD  Online

@sheevpalpamemes: democrats have fully embraced racial identity politics for votes. Most leftists don't believe a person should be judged on their own merits, they reject individualism for collective groups. If you believe people should be judged on their personal character/actions and not see people for what skin color they were born with. (An ideology I fully support) you will be called bigoted for being "color blind".

They brainwashed themselves in thinking to not be racist, you must see skin color all the time as one of the main factors. It's backwards as shit.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Democrats like to pretend that requiring an I.D to vote "oppresses" black people from voting. It's funny because assuming black people can't obtain an I.D (like 99.9% of normal functioning adults) just because of their skin pigmentation they were born..with is racist in itself.

Never understood the argument, it's like saying someone is too dumb to get an I.D because of the color of their skin. It's so dumb.

Gerrymandering also takes away their voice, but please cry more over requiring an ID to vote while letting anyone and everyone freely get guns.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 OmegaBlueUp
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: not to play dumb, but how is it known that race is the primary factor for gerrymandering? I keep hearing that gerrymandering is racist, or Republican are seen as racist because of it, but doesn't it make sense that gerrymandering is based off political tendencies not necessarily race?

Not saying it's good or isn't scummy, I just don't see the focus on race.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

Lock this stupid thread.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@sheevpalpamemes said:

To answer the title question, because the other side is exponentially more racist?

Going by your own standards, a large portion of the GOP should drive you FAR more mad. Including their current POTUS front-runner.

• Black voting rights under threat in GOP supermajority states, lawmakers say - The Washington Post
  • How racial gerrymandering deprives black people of political power - The Washington Post
  • The Republican Embrace of the ‘Great Replacement’ Theory (usnews.com)

It's a whole lot worse than just verbal gaffs from decades ago.

@sheevpalpamemes said:

https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/commentary/bidens-history-getting-away-racist-remarks

Heritage Foundation - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)

Garbage.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SargentD  Online

@OmegaBlueUp said:

@LJS9502_basic: not to play dumb, but how is it known that race is the primary factor for gerrymandering? I keep hearing that gerrymandering is racist, or Republican are seen as racist because of it, but doesn't it make sense that gerrymandering is based off political tendencies not necessarily race?

Gerrymandering is done by both parties and race is not the primary factor but political leanings of the area.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Dumb Straw-man.

He's talking about racial gerrymandering, something you have 0 answer for. And that's not all,

Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait In Line For Hours? : NPR

The racial burden of voter list maintenance errors: Evidence from Wisconsin’s supplemental movers poll books | Science Advances

@sargentd said:

Most leftists don't believe a person should be judged on their own merits

Citation Needed.

@sargentd said:

They brainwashed themselves in thinking to not be racist, you must see skin color all the time as one of the main factors. It's backwards as shit.

As opposed to being actually racists? Totally not backwards as shit.

Complaining about racism is more racist than actual racism? I mean your "team" literally contains the KKK and Neo-Nazis, whether you like it or not they are right wing groups. Most anti-minority hate groups are found in conservative counties. Voter suppression against minorities comes from one party. The great replacement theory becoming mainstream among the right rather than just Stormfront or 4Chan is insanity.

This isn't rocket science.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SargentD  Online

@zaryia said:
@sheevpalpamemes said:

Going by this, a large portion of the GOP should drive you mad. Including their current POTUS front-runner.

Biden has been in government for damn near 40 years and has a garbage history of saying racist shit in his career.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:
@zaryia said:
@sheevpalpamemes said:

Going by this, a large portion of the GOP should drive you mad. Including their current POTUS front-runner.

Biden has been in government for damn near 40 years and has a garbage history of saying racist shit in his career.

Random verbal gaffs from decades ago vs.

• Black voting rights under threat in GOP supermajority states, lawmakers say - The Washington Post
  • How racial gerrymandering deprives black people of political power - The Washington Post
  • The Republican Embrace of the ‘Great Replacement’ Theory (usnews.com)
  • Georgia GOP Seeks to End Sunday Voting, Popular Day With Black Voters (businessinsider.com)
  • Ku Klux Klan newspaper declares support for Trump | Reuters
  • The Secret Files of the Master of Modern Republican Gerrymandering | The New Yorker

This is a wash. And please don't go 40 years back, you're just giving me more fuel:

Exclusive: Lee Atwater’s Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy | The Nation

You start out in 1954 by saying, “n*, n*, n*.” By 1968 you can’t say “n*”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “N*, n*.”

OOF!

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl

@tjandmia said:

Lock this stupid thread.

Heck no, I'll bring up their racially based oppression every chance they give me.

Make more of these threads, conservatives. Give me more opportunities to remind everyone that Republicans limit minority voting power as an explicit strategy.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@OmegaBlueUp said:

guessing economic factors like income / home values / renter vs. owner are used as proxies for race.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6868 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Gerrymandering also takes away their voice, but please cry more over requiring an ID to vote while letting anyone and everyone freely get guns.

You actually need an ID to buy a gun.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattbbpl

@comp_atkins said:
@OmegaBlueUp said:

guessing economic factors like income / home values / renter vs. owner are used as proxies for race.

Actually, no. They used straight up racial data.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SargentD  Online

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Or to buy a pack of smokes or a beer.

But it's "racist" to require I.D to vote lol

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@comp_atkins said:
@OmegaBlueUp said:

Actually, no. They used straight up racial data.

oof. well, i can totally see how this and "biden says dumb shit" are totally equivalent.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

Holy shit they are running with this straw-man. Even though we told them we aren't talking about this.

Sarge why did you skip all my links?

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OmegaBlueUp

@mattbbpl: looking at your article, while race was listed in the data used to gerrymander it still doesn't prove that the action was racist, just that it benefited Republicans.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattbbpl

@OmegaBlueUp said:

@mattbbpl: looking at your article, while race was listed in the data used to gerrymander it still doesn't prove that the action was racist, just that it benefited Republicans.

What else would need to be added to, "intentionally suppressed the voting power of racial minorities because they overwhelmingly choose to vote for another party," for it to become racist in your view?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6868 Posts

@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

Holy shit they are running with this straw-man. Even though we told them we aren't talking about this.

Sarge why did you skip all my links?

I can't speak for everyone but Democrats treat blacks as if they're infants. No Sunday voting, no drivers license? Ohhh no! The straw grasping here is pathetic.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SargentD  Online
Loading Video...

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tjandmia

@mattbbpl: The only problem is that there don’t seem to be many conservatives here anymore. Every thread turns into Steve-O deflecting into what he thinks are gotchas, or SargentD and silentchief just quoting Newsmax, OAN, or some TikTok video. 😂

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OmegaBlueUp

@mattbbpl: I think the reason for the action would need to be racially driven (a detriment to one race and beneficial to another race) in order for it to be racist. To me it just looks like a scummy political strategy (like one side labeling the other as racist using flimsy reasoning).

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SargentD  Online

@OmegaBlueUp said:

@mattbbpl: I think the reason for the action would need to be racially driven (a detriment to one race and beneficial to another race) in order for it to be racist. To me it just looks like a scummy political strategy (like one side labeling the other as racist using flimsy reasoning).

That's exactly what it is.

Gerrymandering isn't new, Democrats and Republicans do it.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mattbbpl

@OmegaBlueUp said:

Wait, so suppressing the political power of a race isn't racist? How is that not detrimental to one race and beneficial to another? You know that's how laws and policies get enacted, right?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SargentD  Online

@tjandmia said:

@mattbbpl: The only problem is that there don’t seem to be many conservatives here anymore. Every thread turns into Steve-O deflecting into what he thinks are gotchas, or SargentD and silentchief just quoting Newsmax, OAN, or some TikTok video. 😂

I challenge you to find one post I've made that's a link to NewsMax, OAN, or Tik Tok.

Just one time, find one single time I've linked to any of the 3.

You live in a fantasy land in your own mind, where all the lies you tell yourself are truths.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OmegaBlueUp

@mattbbpl: but the only thing proven is that the gerrymandering is targeting political tendencies, not race. It is hurting Democrats and benefiting Republicans. The fact that a minority group is largely Democratic could be coincidental. I cannot tell if the district lines would be drawn differently if they did not have race in their data.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@silentchief said:

I can't speak for everyone but Democrats treat blacks as if they're infants. No Sunday voting, no drivers license? Ohhh no! The straw grasping here is pathetic.

To a sharp point they are treated as if they are unable to accomplish much, if anything w/o democratic intervention.

To another point though, politicians are schmucks. D or R, it doesn't matter. You are a vote and nothing more than a vote to remain in power.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mattbbpl

@OmegaBlueUp: Read the link again. It explicitly targets minorities by racial demographic data.

They suppress minority voting power explicitly because they're minorities.

MK245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MK245
Member since 2012 • 127 Posts

Because the alternative is to vote for the other party/side.

Almost every political question that begins with 'why do x vote for y' can be answered that way. Since most people already know that, the obvious answer to this question is: 'Your trolling skills are weak'.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58319 Posts

This thread is terrible and low effort.

@girlusocrazy said:

@sheevpalpamemes: Welcome back! Where ya been?

Probably suspended for making crap topics 😋

@tjandmia said:

Yup.

We have a bunch of moderates (sorry but "lefists" and democrats are pretty much moderate by US standards for the most part, and somewhat conservative by international standards)...

...we have one or two conservatives that, as you said, deflect; and just can't admit the people they vote for are pure shit...

...and then we have a good amount of far-right folks that are either insane or just want to own the libs so bad they've lost all common sense.

It's a shame, really; my best friend is a conservative. I can get along with conservatives; we might disagree, but we still want what is best for the country and can be respectful. But these far-right crazies want to just destroy one of the best democracies that has ever existed, and I can't tolerate that.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SheevPalpamemes

@zaryia: so you answered with whataboutism and a link saying the site i linked was bias, but doesn’t say I’m wrong?

Please be satire.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4366 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

This thread is terrible and low effort.

@girlusocrazy said:

@sheevpalpamemes: Welcome back! Where ya been?

Probably suspended for making crap topics 😋

@tjandmia said:

Yup.

We have a bunch of moderates (sorry but "lefists" and democrats are pretty much moderate by US standards for the most part, and somewhat conservative by international standards)...

...we have one or two conservatives that, as you said, deflect; and just can't admit the people they vote for are pure shit...

...and then we have a good amount of far-right folks that are either insane or just want to own the libs so bad they've lost all common sense.

It's a shame, really; my best friend is a conservative. I can get along with conservatives; we might disagree, but we still want what is best for the country and can be respectful. But these far-right crazies want to just destroy one of the best democracies that has ever existed, and I can't tolerate that.

your correct.

i watch a conservative friend loss it and...

right before he took his own life.

he posted am a white nationalist now on twitter

then did a death threat so bad that parler banned him.

it also did not help he wrote (at the time i warned him not to trust the site)

for a Russian mis info site. that last 2 years turn in dark stuff so bad tos of this site would not let me even say it.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tjandmia

@OmegaBlueUp: dude, please. The whole point of gerrymandering on the right is to prevent minorities from voting. Just one example.

https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/federal-court-rules-south-carolinas-congressional-map-gerrymandered

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmegaBlueUp

@tjandmia: Wow, today is the most I looked into gerrymandering. I never looked into it that much. I still can't see how it can be proven to be race driven and not partisanship. The court case you linked ruled that it was race based but didn't explain how.

I'm not saying the ruling was bad, as it did sound like scummy gerrymandering, but when one race is so overwhelmingly Democratic I find it hard to differentiate correlation and causation. Perhaps there are racist politicians that so happens to benefit politically by suppressing the race they are against, but I just find it more likely that the majority of gerrymandering is simply to suppress the political opposition.

Perhaps I'm being naive, it's just I haven't really noticed racist acts in my life so these types of accusations don't make sense to me.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Even though that is an explicit example of Republicans trying to stop black people from voting, Mattbbpl never brought it up. You brought it up because you know that it's one of the ways it's being done, even if you refuse to accept it.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tjandmia

@OmegaBlueUp: It’s racial and partisan. Pennsylvania had a republicans Governor about 15 years ago, Tom Corbett, who is on video complaining that too many minorities in Philadelphia were voting. It is both racial and partisan.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

It is Democrat policies that keep minorities from bettering their lives.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mattbbpl

@OmegaBlueUp said:

@tjandmia: Wow, today is the most I looked into gerrymandering. I never looked into it that much. I still can't see how it can be proven to be race driven and not partisanship.The court case you linked ruled that it was race based but didn't explain how.

I'm not saying the ruling was bad, as it did sound like scummy gerrymandering, but when one race is so overwhelmingly Democratic I find it hard to differentiate correlation and causation. Perhaps there are racist politicians that so happens to benefit politically by suppressing the race they are against, but I just find it more likely that the majority of gerrymandering is simply to suppress the political opposition.

Perhaps I'm being naive, it's just I haven't really noticed racist acts in my life so these types of accusations don't make sense to me.

That's because you've failed to read a single thing I've posted.

What I've linked to and referenced, several times, is known as The Hofeller Files. The national party level gerrymandering guru died, his daughter inherited his GBs worth of gerrymandering data, and released it.

It had information detailing how they gerrymander, why they gerrymander, and the data they use to suppress vote as.

Race. They used peoples' race to figure out who to suppress because they don't like the way they vote.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mattbbpl

@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:

It is Democrat policies that keep minorities from bettering their lives.

Tell us how, Jim

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SheevPalpamemes

So when democrats gerrymander what race are they attacking?

Identity politics are the worst.

I guess nobody cares about 4 decades of racist behavior and legislation because there is a D next to Biden’s name.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mattbbpl

@sheevpalpamemes said:

I guess nobody cares about 4 decades of racist behavior and legislation because there is a D next to Biden’s name.

I'm glad you ask! We don't have documentation showing that they use racial data when gerrymandering. No court verdicts, either.

But we have LOTS of both regarding Republicans.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SargentD  Online

@sheevpalpamemes said:

Since gerrymandering is based on an areas political slant, a comparison would be when Democrats try to remove rural areas from certain districts for an advantage.

If I wanted to think like a race hustling democrat. You could say they are trying to disadvantage whites since they make up a large portion of rural areas.

That's the same argument Democrats use for Republicans re drawing lines to cut urban areas out of certain districts.

Neither party is strictly doing it based on race but political leanings of the area.

But that's not going to stop them from arguing racism. Everything is about race to Democrats.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mattbbpl

@sargentd said:

Neither party is strictly doing it based on race but political leanings of the area.

Republicans are. They've said so, we have their own documents proving it.

Not based on party affiliation. Based on race. They're racists who use racist tactics to suppress the voting power of minority races.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SargentD  Online

@mattbbpl: if the areas being drawn voted republican they wouldn't want them drawn out of the district, same goes for Democrats wanting to draw lines where voters are in their favor. That's the nature of gerrymandering.

The fact that rural whites tend to be on the right and urban minorities tend to be on the left is just part of it. Both sides dont care what race their voters are if they vote for their preferred party.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mattbbpl

@sargentd said:

@mattbbpl: if the areas being drawn voted republican they wouldn't want them drawn out of the district, same goes for Democrats wanting to draw lines where voters are in their favor. That's the nature of gerrymandering.

The fact that rural whites tend to be on the right and urban minorities tend to be on the left is just part of it. Both sides dont care what race their voters are if they vote for their preferred party.

"We only oppress minorities because they won't do what we tell them to," is a hell of a rationalization.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SargentD  Online
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

"We only oppress minorities because they won't do what we tell them to," is a hell of a rationalization.

It's like saying Democrats are oppressing the rural white vote by trying to draw rural areas out of districts for advantage. It's a stupid argument.

The argument only works for people who see everything through a race lense. Unfortunately everything is about race to the modern day democrat/leftist.