Why do conservatives get mad when an actor has a liberal opinion?

• 188 results
Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#1 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

So, I get it. Hollywood is comprised 99% of liberal actors. There's a scientific reason for that, but that's for another thread.

However, I see all the time Trump supporters say "stick to acting, not politics."

Here's my question. Isn't America all about expression your freedom of speech? So why can't actors follow the constitution?

roidphysx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 roidphysx
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

Tribal mentality

roidphysx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 roidphysx

Enlighten me to these “some” people. And point me to said book to read.

roidphysx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 roidphysx

Lmao, come on bro

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

What is science

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@needhealing said:

However, I see all the time Trump supporters say "stick to acting, not politics."

Except for Tim Allen and Roseanne Barr. But like modern Roseanne Barr, when she was more liberal they were telling her to shut up. I'm sensing an answer to your question in there.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@buddy_friendo said:

Read Atlas Shrugged and do something with your life

Those two acts are directly oppositional to one another.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58408 Posts

I think it's not so much that the actor has a liberal bias, it's more the fact that nearly all actors have a liberal bias. As does Hollywood; you can't sit here and tell me they don't.

Conservative actors generally get blacklisted when they go on pro-life rants, support the NRA or gun rights, and so on.

I'm a left-leaning moderate and even I dislike the huge bias and frequent, unwanted opinions from Hollywood. They don't do anything good for the American public, just add to the divisiveness.

It also doesn't help that actors often don't know what they're talking about. They don't have degrees in politics or business, they just get paid a lot of money and think they work hard for it.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Needhealing

@roidphysx said:

Lmao, come on bro

What is this alt account? I might have an idea though. If it isn't Januck, it's the other conservative on these boards. Forgot his name. Why did you get banned?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Tribal hacks.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Never understood why anyone would be concerned with the opinion of an actor anyway; they are the epitome of a fake person.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

They are treated as if they know more than anyone else because they are somewhat famous.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@JimB said:

They are treated as if they know more than anyone else because they are somewhat famous.

It's just more annoying when I accidentally hear them on tv or find out about what insane shit they say. The sad thing is a lot of people look up to these people and follow them.

Honestly though if I boycotted every actor/actress who is nuts I wouldn't have anything to watch. *shrugs*

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JimB

@n64dd said:
@JimB said:

It's just more annoying when I accidentally hear them on tv or find out about what insane shit they say. The sad thing is a lot of people look up to these people and follow them.

Honestly though if I boycotted every actor/actress who is nuts I wouldn't have anything to watch. *shrugs*

My movie list has been shrinking. I will not watch DeNiro or Depp movies. I don't care if you disagree with people, but when you act as they did I will not support you.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@needhealing said:

So, I get it. Hollywood is comprised 99% of liberal actors. There's a scientific reason for that, but that's for another thread.

Here's my question. Isn't America all about expression your freedom of speech? So why can't actors follow the constitution?

Any trump supporter that says that is a fool. Did trump not act......poorly?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:

No they aren't. They just get press because that is the culture of America..........too much fascination with celebrity. At least if they're talking politics it's more encompassing than who they are sleeping with.

I also find out who the stupid conservatives in Hollywood are that way...........

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I think the overall view, which it seems some in this topic has, is that "You are free to say what you want unless you're an actor or athlete, then you keep your mouth shut and entertain me."

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@needhealing said:

Why do Liberals get mad at anyone who has a different opinion? Hollywood is not entirely made of democrats, those are just the most vocal and anyone having a conservative agenda usually gets silenced or blackballed.

But it would be interesting to hear why you think everyone is liberal?

Also, you miss a key point here, no one is saying a person who just happened to be an actor should not engage themselves in politics, what they are saying is how on earth did you get the idea that your opinions are somehow worth more than average joe miners.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Because I love Chris Evans as an actor. He is A complete badass as Captain America. Love his other movies too.

So I added him on Twitter...

And ALL he does is bash Trump 24/7. So I have lost a huge amount of respect for him.

His next movie is something with “knives” in it with Rian Johnson aka the self loathing white male feminist director who killed the Star Wars franchise.

It angers me knowing that such a great actor is letting politics ruin his career.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

They're just snowflaking.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

@ajstyles said:

Because I love Chris Evans as an actor. He is A complete badass as Captain America. Love his other movies too.

And ALL he does is bash Trump 24/7. So I have lost a huge amount of respect for him.

His next movie is something with “knives” in it with Rian Johnson aka the self loathing white male feminist director who killed the Star Wars franchise.

It angers me knowing that such a great actor is letting politics ruin his career.

Interesting...........I've just gained respect for him.

Because if you entertain people you're not allowed to have political opinions amirite?

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

@ajstyles said:

Ruining his career? He's been in some of the highest grossing films of the last 10 years. His career is just fine. Roseanne would be a better example of one who let politics ruin her career.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
@heathen75 said:
@ajstyles said:

Ruining his career? He's been in some of the highest grossing films of the last 10 years. His career is just fine. Roseanne would be a better example of one who let politics ruin her career.

Nah she let racism ruin her career.........

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@needhealing: Because they dont ever stfu and somehow think we care? Expressing your an opinion in a room surrounded by people that agree with you isn't brave. And talking to us like were immoral children really isn't productive.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I think it's not so much that the actor has a liberal bias, it's more the fact that nearly all actors have a liberal bias. As does Hollywood; you can't sit here and tell me they don't.

Conservative actors generally get blacklisted when they go on pro-life rants, support the NRA or gun rights, and so on.

I'm a left-leaning moderate and even I dislike the huge bias and frequent, unwanted opinions from Hollywood. They don't do anything good for the American public, just add to the divisiveness.

It also doesn't help that actors often don't know what they're talking about. They don't have degrees in politics or business, they just get paid a lot of money and think they work hard for it.

That's quite an objective answer. Adding to your second to last sentence, they don't know that of which they speak yet they act as if they are the end all, be all on the topic. No one else's opinion matters because they are always correct. Getting paid a lot of money to play make believe doesn't solidify one as omnipotent.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:

No, she let her judgment be ruined by medication which later was the same excuse a certain Elon Musk used. And which is even listed on the website of the manufacture

If Rosanne had been a liberal, she would have been told "bad girl" and nothing else would happen to her.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Needhealing

@blackhairedhero said:

@needhealing: Because they dont ever stfu and somehow think we care? Expressing your an opinion in a room surrounded by people that agree with you isn't brave. And talking to us like were immoral children really isn't productive.

I also don't understand why conservatives can't have a political debate without getting all snowflaky.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Needhealing

@JimB said:
@n64dd said:
@JimB said:

My movie list has been shrinking. I will not watch DeNiro or Depp movies. I don't care if you disagree with people, but when you act as they did I will not support you.

Considering the movie industry is posting record numbers. I don't think they really care. On the contrary most movies are strictly liberal, unless you count trashy christian trash movies with their stupid messages and budgets.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blackhairedhero

@needhealing: I think you must be delusional. I like most conservatives will gladly debate you. Liberals don't debate they generally surround themselves in echo chambers where they refuse to hear any ideas they don't like. Name me where Hollywood liberals have engaged in debates? They generally say their opinion surrounded by people that agree with them get applauded for it then walk off the stage. Do you even know what a debate is?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Why do liberals get mad when a celebrity has a conservative opinion

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Needhealing

@blackhairedhero said:

@needhealing: I think you must be delusional. I like most conservatives will gladly debate you. Liberals don't debate they generally surround themselves in echo chambers where they refuse to hear any ideas they don't like. Name me where Hollywood liberals have engaged in debates? They generally say their opinion surrounded by people that agree with them get applauded for it then walk off the stage. Do you even know what a debate is?

Conservatives aren't worth debating with, though. It's like debating with Hitler. Homophobic, sexists, racists and xenophobic. It's after all the party of rape.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@needhealing: Haha oh you must be trolling. But that is a typical liberal response so maybe not. The sad thing is I honestly can't tell

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HEATHEN75

@needhealing said:
@JimB said:
@n64dd said:
@JimB said:

Considering the movie industry is posting record numbers. I don't think they really care. On the contrary most movies are strictly liberal, unless you count trashy christian trash movies with their stupid messages and budgets.

Who needs Robert De Niro anyway? Kirk Cameron is a true cinematic genius making the movies people want to see.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58408 Posts

@heathen75: Dude...is that real?

*oh boy, why did I google it? Yes, it's real.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Needhealing

@heathen75 said:
@needhealing said:
@JimB said:
@n64dd said:
@JimB said:

Who needs Robert De Niro anyway? Kirk Cameron is a true cinematic genius making the movies people want to see.

Best movie for conservatives. Who needs captain america when you can have... *pukes*.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Jacanuk: Roseanne is a liberal. I don't know why people fail to grasp that.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HEATHEN75

@plageus900 said:

What are you talking about? Anyone that can give such a powerful and emotional performance of the National Anthem like Roseanne did has got to be a patriot of the highest order. The pussy grab and loogie at the end perfectly symbolized her love of America. We all know that being a true patriot like Roseanne obviously is, automatically disqualifies from being a liberal as all liberals are anti America. Get your facts straight.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JimB

@needhealing said:
@blackhairedhero said:

Conservatives aren't worth debating with, though. It's like debating with Hitler. Homophobic, sexists, racists and xenophobic. It's after all the party of rape.

You can always tell what the Liberals are doing by listening to what they are accusing the Conservatives of doing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jacanuk

@plageus900 said:

Hmm, ok

Heard she was conservative and also supported Trump, but if you say so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
Member since 2018 • 210 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@plageus900 said:

Hmm, ok

She ran for the Green Party presidential nomination back in 2012. So it seems to me that her politics are all over the place.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

No, she let her judgment be ruined by medication which later was the same excuse a certain Elon Musk used. And which is even listed on the website of the manufacture

If Rosanne had been a liberal, she would have been told "bad girl" and nothing else would happen to her.

Really? So Franken is still in office since liberals get a pass.........oh wait...............you're wrong again.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Conservatives that get triggered over the fact that many stars have liberal opinions need to find something more important to worry about. If celebrities want to talk about how much they think Trump sucks, then by all means, talk. He's president, not them.

The only time it may become irritating is when they take it a step farther and start bashing fans for THEIR political leanings. If Chris Evans wants to bash Trump and his policies, big deal, since he focuses on Trump and his policies. I will watch his movies all day and make him richer as long as he entertains me.

On the other hand, he isn't doing like Eminem and outright saying F you and you can't be my fan if you support Trump. Most people aren't going to want to give you their money after that, although there are plenty of others that don't give a crap. I still have Eminiem in my playlist.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Jacanuk: That doesn't make her a conservative. Pat Warren has voted for Republicans in the past.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Conservatives get extremely upset when you mention most American opinions lean left on many of the biggest issues.

Why? I don't know. Probably cucks.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Needhealing
@JimB said:
@needhealing said:
@blackhairedhero said:

You can always tell what the Liberals are doing by listening to what they are accusing the Conservatives of doing.

I honestly don't care. Conservatives fill the stereotype of bigotry because they are bigots.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Really? So Franken is still in office since liberals get a pass.........oh wait...............you're wrong again.

Franken himself decided to leave, he was getting a pass from most liberals, he could have stayed and fought these allegations.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jacanuk

@lordlobster said:
@Jacanuk said:
@plageus900 said:

Hmm, ok

She ran for the Green Party presidential nomination back in 2012. So it seems to me that her politics are all over the place.

@plageus900 said:

@Jacanuk: That doesn't make her a conservative. Pat Warren has voted for Republicans in the past.

Ok, did not know that

But maybe she should stop taking whatever she took like Musk and also stop using twitter as a release for insane spur of the moment thoughts.