Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

So every social change movement in society will inevitably have a backlash that comes from the people who were benefiting from the situation before the movement began. Some group of white people don't like it when black people push for greater equality, groups of straight people don't like that gay people get access to something that they have and don't want to share such as marriage and its government benefits, and there are men, like our president, who don't like being told that they can't sexually abuse, harass, and assault women. These men defend and promote guys like Brett Kavanaugh while mocking the victims and tell women to think of their sons and husbands as if the abuse of women is something that should be defended by everyone.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/02/653699004/trump-it-s-a-very-scary-time-for-young-men-in-america

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

What is the chance a woman will be raped, molested, sexually assaulted, vs a guy will be falsely accused of doing those?

Anyone got the stats on this?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zaryia

Oh and this is all quite ironic considering the Central Park 5.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

his followers love this kinda stuff. I keep saying stuff like this is a feature not a bug to them

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105

@zaryia: Can you fill me in on what you are referring to?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

So every social change movement in society will inevitably have a backlash that comes from the people who were benefiting from the situation before the movement began. Some group of white people don't like it when black people push for greater equality, groups of straight people don't like that gay people get access to something that they have and don't want to share such as marriage and its government benefits, and there are men, like our president, who don't like being told that they can't sexually abuse, harass, and assault women. These men defend and promote guys like Brett Kavanaugh while mocking the victims and tell women to think of their sons and husbands as if the abuse of women is something that should be defended by everyone.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/02/653699004/trump-it-s-a-very-scary-time-for-young-men-in-america

You should be for this. Remember, do whatever it takes to win.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105

@tryit: well that poll that Mattbbpl posted certainly supports your idea.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

yes...do whatever....agreed

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaryia

@Serraph105:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-says-central-park-five-are-guilty-despite-dna-n661941

Trump is trash.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127507 Posts

@zaryia said:

What is the chance a woman will be raped, molested, sexually assaulted, vs a guy will be falsely accused of doing those?

Anyone got the stats on this?

2-10% is mentioned here. Wait, that's actual vs fake reports. That link mentions loads of numbers.

2% here. That's reports. Estimating that only 40% of those cases are ever reported.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serraph105

@zaryia: Oh yeah, totally forgot about that.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105

@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

I get that that's what Trump is doing. My post is all about the phases of what social change movements go through and clarifying which side of this social change movement Trump is taking.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@zaryia said:

@Serraph105:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-says-central-park-five-are-guilty-despite-dna-n661941

Trump is trash.

I posted the same thing last week that Trump talked about last night. Every word Kavanaugh spoke was gone over with a fine tooth comb, but you are not allowed to repeat what Doctor Ford spoke. In fact she has opened herself up to perjury over the lie detector questions if what her x-boyfriend wrote is true.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@zaryia said:

@Serraph105:

Trump is trash.

You mean Ford is trash if the ex-boyfriend's story is true and this is all a cleverly constructed ploy to ruin Kavanaugh and "save" the supreme court

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TryIt

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

@Serraph105:

Trump is trash.

You mean Ford is trash if the ex-boyfriend's story is true and this is all a cleverly constructed ploy to ruin Kavanaugh and "save" the supreme court

sorry but Trump being trash isnt disqualifed if someone else is trash as well.

talk about the most useless off point counterpunch to an assertion. I mean for the love of god at least dont spew evidence that isnt remotely related to Ford or her assertions.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

@Serraph105:

Trump is trash.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Just think, guys, it could be your son who sexually assaults someone while getting fast-tracked into Yale by white privilege and someday has his chance at the Supreme Court seat he believes he's entitled to ruined because of it. That is, unless you actually raise him right.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zaryia
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

@Serraph105:

Trump is trash.

I'm pretty sure then both would be trash, if that Ford story is true.

But that Central Park story is true, so the Trump being trash isn't questionable at the time being.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58331 Posts

If Trump were an asshole, I could handle that. Especially if he was capable.

But the guy is just worthless, and a scumbag. He is a caricature of human misbehavior, exaggerated to unrealistic degrees, to cartoonish lengths. Only he is real.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@JimB said:

I posted the same thing last week that Trump talked about last night. Every word Kavanaugh spoke was gone over with a fine tooth comb, but you are not allowed to repeat what Doctor Ford spoke. In fact she has opened herself up to perjury over the lie detector questions if what her x-boyfriend wrote is true.

Shame everyone that knows him says he lied to Congress............

Anyway trump is a POS..........

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@tryit said:

his followers love this kinda stuff. I keep saying stuff like this is a feature not a bug to them

It seems you're right on the money.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@mattbbpl said:
@tryit said:

It seems you're right on the money.

Hurrr, durr,libural media, u must be getting paid by jorge sorus!

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

The Dems got caught being despicable while the whole nation was watching, they know who was lying.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@theone86 said:

Just think, guys, it could be your son who sexually assaults someone while getting fast-tracked into Yale by white privilege and someday has his chance at the Supreme Court seat he believes he's entitled to ruined because of it. That is, unless you actually raise him right.

There is the racist banter I missed from you!

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Equal opportunity. All of Kavanaugh's testimony was mocked, I'm sure a lot of people tuned into the late night shows with anticipation of such, so her's is open game as well.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TryIt

@Fuhrer_D said:

Equal opportunity. All of Kavanaugh's testimony was mocked, I'm sure a lot of people tuned into the late night shows with anticipation of such, so her's is open game as well.

and literally nobody's opinion on this matters at all whatever other than 3-5 senators.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

The Dems got caught being despicable while the whole nation was watching, they know who was lying.

You know I just used to think the Reps had a different political viewpoint but since the trump era I find they are indeed deplorables and should be removed from office.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TryIt

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

You know I just used to think the Reps had a different political viewpoint but since the trump I find they are indeed deplorables and should be removed from office.

yup...

they are people to be avoided socially as well. some I have to and I am polite but by choice I stay away

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

You know I just used to think the Reps had a different political viewpoint but since the trump era I find they are indeed deplorables and should be removed from office.

Everyone knows what was happening. The Democrats exposed themselves for what they truly are.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TryIt

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

Everyone knows what was happening. The Democrats exposed themselves for what they truly are.

yup..best beware, when we take control we will force you to eat tofu.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JimB

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I would be careful of counting your chickens before they hatch.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TryIt

@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

well its our desire for sure.

we want to make it a legal requirement to eat tofu daily and wake up to do yoga

penalty of course would be death for violating

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JimB

@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@tryit said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

well its our desire for sure.

we want to make it a legal requirement to eat tofu daily and wake up to do yoga

penalty of course would be death for violating

What ever.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@theone86: Stfu with the whiteprivalege bullshit. It doesn't exist. To link wealthy privalege exclusively to white people shows how ignorant you are.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@theone86: Stfu with the whiteprivalege bullshit. It doesn't exist. To link wealthy privalege exclusively to white people shows how ignorant you are.

oh that is absurd.

of COURSE wealthy whiteness is due to privilege.

there is only other one possibility can you spell it out for us? why are white people more successful?

you tell us

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: This coming from you is both adorable and utter nonsense like usual. Sad all the left has left are insults and name calling.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@tryit: So do Asian people get white privilege too?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: So do Asian people get white privilege too?

sorry you lost me on your point, no idea what you are getting at.

so let me ask you, why are white people so successful?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

@blackhairedhero said:

Wealthy white men do indeed enjoy privilege.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@vfighter said:

@LJS9502_basic: This coming from you is both adorable and utter nonsense like usual. Sad all the left has left are insults and name calling.

Oh it's true........it's damn true. The Republican party has been hijacked by extremists and they no longer care about the country nor the Constitution. Only non patriots support that by the way.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@LJS9502_basic: All wealthy man enjoy privalege . White privilege means it has to do with the color of their skin as opposed to their wealth. The correct term should be wealthy privalege.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@tryit: Asians per a capita are more successful then whites. So is that because of Asian privalege?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: Asians per a capita are more successful then whites. So is that because of Asian privalege?

I have no idea...which is why I am asking YOU!

why are Asians successful then whites then?

you answer, you give a reason for your own assertion, that is what I am asking for

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

@tryit said:
@blackhairedhero said:

you answer, you give a reason for your own assertion, that is what I am asking for

Cultural no doubt.......

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TryIt

@LJS9502_basic said:
@tryit said:
@blackhairedhero said:

Cultural no doubt.......

oh crap i forgot about that...I should not have let that rabbit out.

dang it.

of course there is this bit 'what is white culture specifically'? is it the Rolling Stones? or is it a White Christmas?

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blackhairedhero

@tryit: My point is privalege does exist but it is not a privalege you obtain from being white it's one you obtain from being wealthy. So why would you call it White privilege?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

@blackhairedhero said:

@tryit: My point is privalege does exist but it is not a privalege you obtain from being white it's one you obtain from being wealthy. So why would you call it White privilege?

How many minorities are on the list of highest income in the US?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#49 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

Actually no, at least if we talk education.

Harvard and many other elite universities actually have a system in place to prevent Asians from gaining entry.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TryIt

@blackhairedhero said:

because that is inherited.

the problem is, there is only one single path of possibly if its not privilege. one and only one other possibility

and that is that one race is better at something than another race for some reason.

it comes down to one word that basically make the difference between people. the word is 'why'

there are those who do not even ask it, there are others who demand it