Some details about theTexas shooter revealed.

• 64 results
tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

Another right wing white suprematist (big surprise there).

Wore RWDS patches on his body armor (weird how that’s legal to buy).

Posted images online of swasticas.

Used the mass shooters favorite gun, a military assault rifle, the AR15.

Used the gun show loophole that republicans and the nra refuse to close to buy his weapons legally through private sellers with no background checks. This is exactly how domestic terrorists and the mentally ill buy guns btw.

Former army member who was kicked out because of mental health issues, but could legally buy guns without a background check thanks to republicans and the nra.

Wore pro Russian logos (big surprise there).

Apparently a big fan of Nazis and the right wing (of course).

Once again we see that right wingers are the biggest threat to the peace and security of the country.

Things that are clearly needed in this country:

-gun registration for all transfers.

-background checks for all transfers.

-licensure

-mandatory training for all transfers, for every single gun.

-mandatory insurance for every single gun to cover damage.

-mandatory, yearly psych evaluations for every gun owner.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/05/08/us/allen-texas-mall-shooting-gunman-monday/index.html

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4366 Posts

why am i not surpise

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Most Americans are for common sense gun control. The GOP is a death cult at this point.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3410 Posts

Freedom!

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19573 Posts

It seems like people who vote Republican should feel personally responsible for these deaths.

You voted to maintain the status quo, which means nothing is going to change about these daily tragedies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@Planeforger said:

It seems like people who vote Republican should feel personally responsible for these deaths.

You voted to maintain the status quo, which means nothing is going to change about these daily tragedies.

Yes. Well said.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58321 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Planeforger said:

Yes. Well said.

Listening to Alex Jones, got some insight from that. They don't care. Or rather, they don't care in the way that you and I might care.

To them, the right to own firearms is a sacred duty.

Their thought process is: these mass shootings? They're not a gun problem, they're individual problems. These people are sick. It's not the gun's fault, it's not even a political thing! In fact, they're trying to blame US for these mass shootings and they are trying to take OUR GUNS! which is why we need to have LESS laws surrounding guns.

And so on and so on. As I've become fond of saying, you can't reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into.

This is not a problem that will be solved with compromise. We need to just get common sense gun regulation done, but first we need to get the NRA and other lobbyists out of the way. Start using red flag laws, if your areas has them. If someone is showing signs of fetishizing firearms or talks about killing people or having fantasies, report them.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

Appearantly a big fan of Tim Pool and Libs of Tiktok too. Not sure how related these are to the incident though. But yeah... this guy's ideology was very clear.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tjandmia

@mrbojangles25: Yes, their position is 100% emotion based. They’ve fallen head over heels for gun manufacturer propaganda, and all it does is serve the gun manufacturer bottom line. I used to think that republican voters were the most gullible people alive, but it’s actually the gun people. They perpetuate this cycle of fear, violence, and machismo that puts more guns on the streets and more dead Americans every single day. It’s the most disgusting thing i have ever seen.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#11 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

The backstory to this remains bizarre. The shooter (a hispanic male adult who doesn't speak Russian?) is posting material on a Russian social media site with no followers/friends/belonging to any groups, etc. Posting identification documentation and full receipts to it? It's taking the dropping of breadcrumbs to a new level; furthermore, annoyingly so as well, some governments/companies for foreign nations can refuse to cooperate with American law enforcement, even court orders signed by a magistrate.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mrbojangles25

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

The backstory to this remains bizarre. The shooter (a hispanic male adult who doesn't speak Russian?) is posting material on a Russian social media site with no followers/friends/belonging to any groups, etc. Posting identification documentation and full receipts to it? It's taking the dropping of breadcrumbs to a new level; furthermore, annoyingly so as well, some governments/companies for foreign nations can refuse to cooperate with American law enforcement, even court orders signed by a magistrate.

That has got to be frustrating. Like, they have the information or they don't, they could at least let us know. But simply not cooperating is kind of, idunno...a dick move.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

That has got to be frustrating. Like, they have the information or they don't, they could at least let us know. But simply not cooperating is kind of, idunno...a dick move.

It's not all bad news though for foreign governments. Some countries, like New Zealand, will freely give subscriber data without a court order if it relates to any child sexual exploitation/child sexual material.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

The sad part is this white nationalist rhetoric is becoming standard right wing programming. A lot of these right wing deplorables simply watch too much FoxNews or are extremely isolated in a bubble of ideological bullshit. And the GOP panders to these people. The Trumps have been inviting a white nationalist Holocaust deniers that blames everything on the Jews and defends Hitler as fighting the good fight, this guy was on the road with Eric Trump saying this BS and will speak at Mar-A-Lago (tomorrow I think) among a line-up of a bunch of former Trump cabinet officials (some who went to prison!)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrbojangles25

@lamprey263 said:

The sad part is this white nationalist rhetoric is becoming standard right wing programming. A lot of these right wing deplorables simply watch too much FoxNews or are extremely isolated in a bubble of ideological bullshit. And the GOP panders to these people. The Trumps have been inviting a white nationalist Holocaust deniers that blames everything on the Jews and defends Hitler as fighting the good fight, this guy was on the road with Eric Trump saying this BS and will speak at Mar-A-Lago (tomorrow I think) among a line-up of a bunch of former Trump cabinet officials (some who went to prison!)

It's not white anymore, I think that's a misnomer. Yes, it's roots are in Nazism and they still are, but it's evolved to the point where they can make room for anyone.

From what I've read, it's more or less why you can have Asians, Latinos, and whites under the same tent of "white", far-right nationalism; the idea is that once society does collapse or they get whatever they want, they sort of go their own separate way and make like city-states or whatever based on race.

The whole concept being that once their strong man leader takes power, they will be rewarded. The country will be made for white christians while non-white christians come a close second and then others will have their little strongholds are havens or whatever.

It'd be funny if they were not deadly (literally, in many cases) serious.

No Jews allowed though! That's the one rule they don't bend on, for whatever reason. You Hispanic and hate Jews? Well you're "one of the good ones", welcome the the Ku Klu---I mean Proud Boys.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Your problem is you're thinking too much Stevo. Just react on pure emotion like everyone else, and all will be well!

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tjandmia

@Stevo_the_gamer: The only thing bizarre about this was the fact that anyone could legally buy a weapon of war like this and walk around with it. It’s insanely stupid.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@tjandmia said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: The only thing bizarre about this was the fact that anyone could legally buy a weapon of war like this and walk around with it. It’s insanely stupid.

Nothing bizarre about the second amendment. Heck, I've purchased two firearms this year. Tax write offs, plus all the ammo since it's "work related", training value. :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@tjandmia said:

Nothing bizarre about the second amendment. Heck, I've purchased two firearms this year. Tax write offs, plus all the ammo since it's "work related", training value. :)

Strange. Most cops don't like the citizenry armed with weapons of war.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@tjandmia said:

Strange. Most cops don't like the citizenry armed with weapons of war.

What do you base that on? Similar to the 100% deal in the other thread?

*crickets*

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zaryia

The meaning behind the far-right symbol Texas shooter wore as he killed 8 | AP News

The far right has to chill with this shit. Can't believe far right posters even tried to have a "debate" on which party is more racist (lol) while shit like that was happening real time last week. 🤦‍♀️

Why some people are spreading false rumours about the Texas gunman - BBC News

Lmao far right loons trying to say false flag.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tjandmia

@Stevo_the_gamer: The current, bastardized version of the 2nd amendment is not only extremely dangerous, but very bizarre. The desire to even own a gun is bizarre, and hints at a deep rooted mental issue among Americans who would.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@tjandmia said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: The current, bastardized version of the 2nd amendment is not only extremely dangerous, but very bizarre. The desire to even own a gun is bizarre, and hints at a deep rooted mental issue among Americans who would.

I'll keep that in mind for my next firearm purchase! My liberty safe can only hold 30ish guns. Got about 10 more to fit in there.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: Pretty poor taste to brag about your gun collection in a thread about innocent civilians being victim to gun violence.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@InEMplease said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Pretty poor taste to brag about your gun collection in a thread about innocent civilians being victim to gun violence.

I wish those were bragging levels, I assure you they are not. :( Nevertheless, I think it's fair to address silly tribalism (it's the users shtick) with tongue in cheek.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tjandmia

@Stevo_the_gamer: You, sir, are one of those super owners, representing about 3% of the 30% off Americans who claim to own guns, but who in fact own about 97% of those guns. It’s strange how a small percentage of that numbers own almost all the guns.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Well, since you can't ban guns, you have to ban backbags

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zaryia
@Icarian said:

Well, since you can't ban guns, you have to ban backbags

Lmao wtf.

I just don't get why we can't implement more common sense gun control. It has extreme majority support.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@tjandmia said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: You, sir, are one of those super owners, representing about 3% of the 30% off Americans who claim to own guns, but who in fact own about 97% of those guns. It’s strange how a small percentage of that numbers own almost all the guns.

Looks like I need to increase my percentage!

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tjandmia

@Stevo_the_gamer: it’s a sickness. That does not surprise me.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@tjandmia said:

Is it a sickness or is it not? Earlier you said it hinted at such, but now you're openly calling gun owners sick?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tjandmia

@Stevo_the_gamer: I didn’t call gun owners sick. That’s either one of your weak straw men or an example of you commonly misunderstanding a simple statement.

Collecting as you’ve described it is a mild form of the mental disorder from which hoarders suffer. This especially applies to the bizarre habit of admiring to excess and collecting tools purposely manufactured to kill and maim. I would not consider this the behavior of a normal, well-adjusted individual.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

Whoa whoa whoa. Willy Wonka is a democrat. Yes I say is, because he is still alive. Up in the great glass elevator in the sky. His only guns are made out of sugar and shoot sweetness. So there!

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@tjandmia said:

Is it a sickness or is it not? Earlier you said it hinted at such, but now you're openly calling gun owners sick?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@tjandmia said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: I didn’t call gun owners sick. That’s either one of your weak straw men or an example of you commonly misunderstanding a simple statement.

Collecting as you’ve described it is a mild form of the mental disorder from which hoarders suffer. This especially applies to the bizarre habit of admiring to excess and collecting tools purposely manufactured to kill and maim. I would not consider this the behavior of a normal, well-adjusted individual.

I asked a question, hence the "?" at the end to allow you the opportunity to provide clarification.

I see, the "collection" of items stored in a safe a "mild form" of a mental disorder from which is characteristic of hoarding? Fascinating logic. Which mental disorder is that by the way? What draws you to this conclusion? For example, how you characterize someone who owns dozens upon dozens of video games? Dozens upon dozens of tools? Perhaps a half dozen or more cars? Do elaborate with your expertise on the matter. :)

@DEVILinIRON said:

Whoa whoa whoa. Willy Wonka is a democrat. Yes I say is, because he is still alive. Up in the great glass elevator in the sky. His only guns are made out of sugar and shoot sweetness. So there!

Gene Wilder was a national treasure!

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tjandmia

@Stevo_the_gamer: Yes, collecting just about anything is a mild form of hoarding disorder, especially if you have any trouble or reservations about getting rid of them. I’m not talking about the guy who owns 10 Xbox games. I’m talking about the weirdo who is obsessed with having a full collection of this, or just one more of that, where the one more is never enough, so they get another, then another, etc. Those people are sick. Collecting is often temporary for most, so it doesn’t really impact their lives. A small percentage of those who suffer from it get emotionally attached to these objects they collect. Of course, most of them never realize they have this disorder, so they deny it. 🤷‍♂️

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

Having a hobby isn't a disorder. Or at least, I assume, his weapon collection is a hobby.

Something gets classified as a disorder or mental illness if it has significant ramifications on their day to day life. Collecting guns, although an expensive hobby, is not something that inhibits the life of those who hold that hobby.

As another example

Gaming Disorder is a real medical thing. But most people who play video games do not have gaming disorder. All of us here play video games for a hobby. But at the same time, most of us still have careers, and relationships and healthy lives outside of video games. A behaviour can be benign or healthy in moderate ammounts.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@Maroxad: Yeah, there's nothing objectionable there. I don't understand the appeal of collecting two dozen guns, but there're a lot of things I don't understand the appeal of that I'm comfortable with existing.

I'd be concerned if he had them strewn about his house or displayed on countertops, but he mentioned that he keeps them in a safe. What's the harm if irresponsible users can't come into their possession?

FWIW, Stevo, I appreciate the fact you lock them up.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@tjandmia said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Yes, collecting just about anything is a mild form of hoarding disorder, especially if you have any trouble or reservations about getting rid of them. I’m not talking about the guy who owns 10 Xbox games. I’m talking about the weirdo who is obsessed with having a full collection of this, or just one more of that, where the one more is never enough, so they get another, then another, etc. Those people are sick. Collecting is often temporary for most, so it doesn’t really impact their lives. A small percentage of those who suffer from it get emotionally attached to these objects they collect. Of course, most of them never realize they have this disorder, so they deny it. 🤷‍♂️

That's kind of silly logic, no? Collecting anything is a mild form of a hoarding disorder? For example, I went to Target last week and purchased four containers (they're 48oz each) of ripple milk for my son. They take up a lot of space in my fridge! Is this a mild form of hoarding to buy so much milk at once and place in my fridge? My son is especially partial to that milk you know, and if I were to throw it out, might have a fit.

Weirdo who is obsessed with having a full collection of this, or just more of that...? Obsession is a curious word, as one man's perception of obsession is another man's view of passion. For example, say there's someone who spends his/her time creating topics on an internet board beating the drums of their tribe and how evil the other tribe is, is that person obsessed or merely passionate about the topics they're interested in?

@Maroxad said:

Having a hobby isn't a disorder. Or at least, I assume, his weapon collection is a hobby.

Something gets classified as a disorder or mental illness if it has significant ramifications on their day to day life. Collecting guns, although an expensive hobby, is not something that inhibits the life of those who hold that hobby.

As another example

Gaming Disorder is a real medical thing. But most people who play video games do not have gaming disorder. All of us here play video games for a hobby. But at the same time, most of us still have careers, and relationships and healthy lives outside of video games. A behaviour can be benign or healthy in moderate ammounts.

Indeed.

@mattbbpl said:

@Maroxad: Yeah, there's nothing objectionable there. I don't understand the appeal of collecting two dozen guns, but there're a lot of things I don't understand the appeal of that I'm comfortable with existing.

I'd be concerned if he had them strewn about his house or displayed on countertops, but he mentioned that he keeps them in a safe. What's the harm if irresponsible users can't come into their possession?

FWIW, Stevo, I appreciate the fact you lock them up.

Nothing grinds my gears more than poor safety from anyone handling firearms. I also keep other valuables in the safe too but all my long guns and handguns are there with the exception of one handgun that's in a biometric safe at my bed night stand. While I would love a small-ish safe in the bedroom for my shotgun (intruder vaporizer), my wife would not appreciate the ugly decor. Oh well, pick your battles with ladies. Happy wife, happy life.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By InEMplease

@Stevo_the_gamer: "That's kind of silly logic, no? Collecting anything is a mild form of a hoarding disorder? For example, I went to Target last week and purchased four containers (they're 48oz each) of ripple milk for my son."

That's so cute how you compare real problems to absolute nonsense, Stevie.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@InEMplease said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: "That's kind of silly logic, no? Collecting anything is a mild form of a hoarding disorder? For example, I went to Target last week and purchased four containers (they're 48oz each) of ripple milk for my son."

Oh believe me, it was a real problem fitting them in the fridge.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 InEMplease

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@InEMplease said:

So funny I forgot to laugh.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@InEMplease said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zaryia

Elon Musk appears to entertain conspiracy theory that Texas mall shooting was a ‘psyop’ | The Independent

He's smarter than that. He's probably just grifting the far right for easy fans.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia said:

Elon Musk appears to entertain conspiracy theory that Texas mall shooting was a ‘psyop’ | The Independent

He's smarter than that. He's probably just grifting the far right for easy fans.

What's wrong with Elon's tweet?

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 InEMplease

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@InEMplease said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So your contribution has amounted to 0. Thanks for stopping by.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zaryia

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@zaryia said:

Elon Musk appears to be entertaining the idea that the mass shooting by a far-right extremist at an outlet mall in Allen, Texas, on Saturday was a “psyop” or psychological operation.

Mr Musk, the owner and CEO of Twitter, reacted to a series of tweets on Monday suggesting that initial reporting on the suspect’s apparent right wing motives was “suspect” and that the shooting was “a psyop.”

“This gets weirder by the moment,” he wrote in response.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Elon Musk appears to be entertaining the idea that the mass shooting by a far-right extremist at an outlet mall in Allen, Texas, on Saturday was a “psyop” or psychological operation.

Mr Musk, the owner and CEO of Twitter, reacted to a series of tweets on Monday suggesting that initial reporting on the suspect’s apparent right wing motives was “suspect” and that the shooting was “a psyop.”

Do you have any thoughts of your own or are you relying on Richard Hall's opinion?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zaryia
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Do you have any thoughts of your own or are you relying on Richard Hall's opinion?

I understand the use of the English language. As do the people who replied to his tweet:

(20) Elon Musk on Twitter: "@TRHLofficial This gets weirder by the moment" / Twitter

He's entertaining the idea.

Elon Musk's tweets about Texas mall gunman spread misleading claims, question shooter's background | AP News

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I understand the use of the English language. As do the people who replied to his tweet:

(20) Elon Musk on Twitter: "@TRHLofficial This gets weirder by the moment" / Twitter

I know you understand how to copy and paste. Is the background not "weird"? What are your thoughts? How is it entertaining the idea? Use your words.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 InEMplease

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I know you understand how to copy and paste. Is the background not "weird"? What are your thoughts? How is it entertaining the idea? Use your words.

As an officer of the law shouldn't you be more adherent to the word of law?