VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/15/835250693/michigan-stay-at-home-order-prompts-honking-traffic-jam-protest

Several thousand cars flooded the streets around the state capitol in Lansing, Mich. Wednesday to protest the Governor's extended Stay-At-Home order. Cars stretched nearly a quarter mile for blocks around the capitol building, filling the air with a cacophony of honking. People draped in American and "Don't Tread on Me" flags blared "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "God Bless The USA" out of car stereos.

The protest—called "Operation Gridlock"—was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition and drew out militias, conservatives, small business owners, and ardent supporters of President Donald Trump, who characterize the Governor's stay-at-home order as an unjust power-grab.

At least 200 people broke the instructions of organizers, getting out of their cars to congregate around the steps of the capitol building, flouting social-distancing guidelines to remain 6-feet apart, and not wearing masks.

The state of Michigan has the third highest number of COVID-19 cases and one of the most stringent stay-at-home orders. Among other things, it bars landscapers from working and shutters greenhouses and nurseries.

Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer has faced a steady drumbeat of criticism from senior Republican leaders in the state legislature and Republican members of Michigan's congressional delegation after extending her original order last week.

The new version of the order banned travel between homes and didn't grant exemptions for workers like landscapers, whom politicians argue can work while remaining socially distant. Protesters were also upset that normal life has been shut down all over the state.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts
Loading Video...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

2,482 people died yesterday from this virus. I wonder how many of this group will die from it in the next couple of weeks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

That's simultaneously tragic and hilarious.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Darwin.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Lol trump supporters never fails to amuse me!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

This aged like fine wine.

Loading Video...

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Serraph105 said:

2,482 people died yesterday from this virus. I wonder how many of this group will die from it in the next couple of weeks.

When people do things to put them at risk I have no sympathy for the consequences. I do however for the next people they infect that had no choice.

Also less trump supporters is not a bad thing...………..hate to say it but it's true.

Wow. You've lost your mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10 deactivated-5ecb2e9232c57
Member since 2019 • 653 Posts

Americans are hilarious.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Pennsylvania state senate votes to override governor's stay-at-home order

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/493060-pennsylvania-state-senate-votes-to-override-governors-stay-at-home-order

Guess which party that is before clicking...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23913 Posts

Natural Selection is still a thing.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zaryia

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Serraph105 said:

When people do things to put them at risk I have no sympathy for the consequences. I do however for the next people they infect that had no choice.

Also less trump supporters is not a bad thing...………..hate to say it but it's true.

Yeah he has to calculate that several of those nut jobs wont social distance and will infect non Trump voters.

We have to protect everyone. But it's hard when the GOP keeps making the wrong moves on this.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@zaryia said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/493060-pennsylvania-state-senate-votes-to-override-governors-stay-at-home-order

Why don't we talk, in great depth, about the inconsistency in what Pennsylvanians can and can not do. Lets talk about the hypocrisy about which businesses are deemed essential and which are not. What say you?

Have you ever heard of Hazleton, PA. My guess is you are just a blowhard.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N64DD

@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Serraph105 said:

Yeah he has to calculate that several of those nut jobs wont social distance and will infect non Trump voters.

We have to protect everyone. But it's hard when the GOP keeps making the wrong moves on this.

I think they should all be arrested, do you know honestly why they're protesting though? (I live in Michigan).

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Why were they flying Confederate flags in Michigan is my question? A little North for that.

They should all be arrested for endangering the health of others.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Utterly irresponsible, selfish, and stupid. I get that the financial hit is really hard, but you know what's worse? Being dead. Or unknowingly spreading the virus to people who could be killed by it. Money can be recouped, but you can't bring people back from the dead. Also, the hospital ain't cheap.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Still not wearing masks!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Serraph105 said:

Saying this is a terrible thing to say. Seriously you are saying you hope Trump supporters die and that is pathetic and you should be banned! WTF is wrong with you!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xabiss
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Serraph105 said:

Imagine that you defending that terrible statement. Again I have lost respect for all liberals on this forum. You are just as pathetic as all far right supporters. Just sad what you will defend now.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: ‘Also less trump supporters is not a bad thing...………..hate to say it but it's true.’

Thank you for exposing yourself in the dumbest, most selfish way possible. ‘Death to those who disagree with me politically’.

Do other leftists support a statement like this? I’d love to know.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

"How dare you suggest that there should be fewer people who advocate spreading death and disease during a pandemic in order to save money and for stripping people of healthcare! I'm outraged!"

Can those who are outraged by the suggestion that some people should die finally stop supporting policies that make people die?

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@Sevenizz:It's dumb to believe that political ramifications don't have consequences. If their "political disagreement" gets others infected, potentially with fatal consequences, I don't view it as any different than manslaughter.

From there, I frankly don't give a damn what happens to them. If the world is better off for it, than good. They blocked an ambulance from getting through to a hospital. A doctor had to exit and plead them to move. These are also the same people spitting on healthcare workers and vandalizing their cars.

Society would be better without them.

@mattbbpl: Right? They're against death now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I think a lot of people are just upset over this pandemic. This protest is just misdirected angst. Instead of acting like a bunch of condescending assholes, you guys could probably try to be sympathetic to the plight of your fellow citizens. Lots of people are suffering right now and unfortunately some of them are easily misled or confused about what it to blame. Instead of taunting and mocking, how about some sympathy?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mattbbpl

@sonicare said:

I think a lot of people are just upset over this pandemic. This protest is just misdirected angst. Instead of acting like a bunch of condescending assholes, you guys could probably try to be sympathetic to the plight of your fellow citizens. Lots of people are suffering right now and unfortunately some of them are easily misled or confused about what it to blame. Instead of taunting and mocking, how about some sympathy?

Empathy isn't mutual for these people. This is the party that preaches personal responsibility and bootstraps while yanking away medical coverage and advocating opening everything back up because "only 1 million people will die", the implication being that they won't be among that number.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@sonicare said:

Empathy isn't mutual for these people. This is the party that preaches personal responsibility and bootstraps while yanking away medical coverage and advocating opening everything back up because "only 1 million people will die", the implication being that they won't be among that number.

"these people". I have no idea what the personal beliefs of each of those individuals protesting. If they are jerks, is the solution to be a bigger jerk? I could be wrong, if so, then hate away. However, isn't a better solution to ignorance education? I understand that politics is divisive and it's easy to ridicule and belittle those who are of differing opinions. We often try to denigrate and dehumanize those who disagree with us. One can use the argument, well they do it, so why shouldn't I? But it seems imo, that rarely leads to positive change.

Furthermore, I seriously doubt they are advocating the idea that its ok to go back to work because "only a million people will die". They more likely believe this virus is not as serious as that given past false information.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zaryia

@Xabiss said:
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Serraph105 said:

Imagine that you defending that terrible statement. Again I have lost respect for all liberals on this forum. You are just as pathetic as all far right supporters. Just sad what you will defend now.

I didn't defend him....i said we have to protect everyone and he has to recalculate it lol wtf.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solaryellow

@mattbbpl said:

All of the people in question are people who voted for Trump?

Now I don't know if some are willfully ignorant or genuinely slow but people are going out and gathering in ALL fifty states. Governors and politicians are doing what they feel is right but that doesn't mean room for improvement and sense does not exist.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mattbbpl

@sonicare said:
@mattbbpl said:
@sonicare said:

"these people". I have no idea what the personal beliefs of each of those individuals protesting. If they are jerks, is the solution to be a bigger jerk? I could be wrong, if so, then hate away. However, isn't a better solution to ignorance education? I understand that politics is divisive and it's easy to ridicule and belittle those who are of differing opinions. We often try to denigrate and dehumanize those who disagree with us. One can use the argument, well they do it, so why shouldn't I? But it seems imo, that rarely leads to positive change.

Furthermore, I seriously doubt they are advocating the idea that its ok to go back to work because "only a million people will die". They more likely believe this virus is not as serious as that given past false information.

“I’m not denying what a nasty disease COVID-19 can be, and how it’s obviously devastating to somewhere between 1 and 3.4 percent of the population,” he told the paper. “But that means 97 to 99 percent will get through this and develop immunities and will be able to move beyond this. But we don’t shut down our economy because tens of thousands of people die on the highways... We don’t shut down our economies because tens of thousands of people die from the common flu.”

Link

It generally boils down to whether or not the right people are being hurt.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattbbpl

@Solaryellow said:
@mattbbpl said:

Now I don't know if some are willfully ignorant or genuinely slow but people are going out and gathering in ALL fifty states. Governors and politicians are doing what they feel is right but that doesn't mean room for improvement and sense does not exist.

Stop supporting politicians/causes which actively cause death to their countrymen, and I'll give credence to your outrage when someone suggests there should be less of those people.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N64DD

And nobody even knows what they’re protesting yet want them dead.

There are some complete morons on these boards.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mattbbpl

For the record, I don't want anyone to die. I live in a rural area - most of my friends and family are Trump supporters. But Jesus Christ, the outrage over someone saying that the country would be better off with less of them while they actively support policies that cause people to die is too much irony.

Want people to stop thinking that? Stop working to strip your countrymen of their means of survival.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Solaryellow

@mattbbpl said:
@Solaryellow said:

Stop supporting politicians/causes which actively cause death to their countrymen, and I'll give credence to your outrage when someone suggests there should be less of those people.

Luckily for me your credence isn't worth the price of tea in china but it's good to know you are a follower of the chicken little syndrome. If things were as chaotic and deadly as some suggest being straight out of Metro Redux, you wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere. You would have been told to stock up for a few weeks and get very comfortable with your home because you wouldn't be leaving for a long time. One thing I expected was how you couldn't and wouldn't factually argue each of these people were Trump supporters.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mattbbpl

@Solaryellow said:

Luckily for me your credence isn't worth the price of tea in china but it's good to know you are a follower of the chicken little syndrome. If things were as chaotic and deadly as some suggest being straight out of Metro Redux, you wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere. You would have been told to stock up for a few weeks and get very comfortable with your home because you wouldn't be leaving for a long time. One thing I expected was how you couldn't and wouldn't factually argue each of these people were Trump supporters.

Because it's an impossible and meaningless bar to clear, and you know that.

But want evidence that this particular protest is predominantly Republicans other than them parroting stances voiced by Republican leaders?

How about who organized it:

The congresswoman's condemnation came after thousands of aggrieved residents flooded the streets of downtown Lansing with their cars Wednesday as part of "Operation Gridlock" — a large-scale demonstration organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition and the Michigan Freedom Fund, a conservative group linked to the family of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

or how about the fact they started chanting, "Lock her up":

As the protest progressed, a pack of participants advanced on the state capitol building, chanting "Lock her up!" and other refrains targeting Whitmer. The Democratic governor has drawn the ire of Republican legislators and parts of the state's workforce for her stringent mitigation measures, which critics have labeled overzealous and confusing.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 N64DD

@mattbbpl said:
@Solaryellow said:

But want evidence that this particular protest is predominantly Republicans other than them parroting stances voiced by Republican leaders?

The congresswoman's condemnation came after thousands of aggrieved residents flooded the streets of downtown Lansing with their cars Wednesday as part of "Operation Gridlock" — a large-scale demonstration organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition and the Michigan Freedom Fund, a conservative group linked to the family of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

As the protest progressed, a pack of participants advanced on the state capitol building, chanting "Lock her up!" and other refrains targeting Whitmer. The Democratic governor has drawn the ire of Republican legislators and parts of the state's workforce for her stringent mitigation measures, which critics have labeled overzealous and confusing.

There were democrats there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#36 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

The MAGA hats in the photos are kind of telling.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mattbbpl

@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@Solaryellow said:

Probably a few, yes. That's how statistics works in large groups.

Hell, I attended a Tea Party rally in 2009 as a favor to a friend of mine.

You guys are working awfully hard to blame this protest on Democrats. Conservative groups organized it. Mostly conservatives attended it. Own it.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Solaryellow

@mattbbpl said:
@Solaryellow said:

You are smart enough to know not everyone there was a Trump supporter yet still obtuse to the point of promoting it as such. Only Republicans are going stir crazy and unhappy with inconsistent and hypocritical government orders?

Understand something, I don't agree with people convening in mass numbers but this is not an isolated incident. The solution to keeping people indoors and away from others is not solved by giving them an all or nothing approach.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Bunch of morons. Let them forfeit any ventilator if they get sick. That's their price for organizing events which could possibly endanger others (and themselves). MAGA hats, ARs on shoulder slings, and confederate flags. Seems like your typical 'sovereign citizen' type. I'll have no sympathy for anyone that comes down ill in this group.

And of course we're having something similar happen here in MN next week.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N64DD

@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@Solaryellow said:

You guys are working awfully hard to blame this protest on Democrats. Conservative groups organized it. Mostly conservatives attended it. Own it.

I said in the thread they should have all been arrested, how is that defending?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mattbbpl

@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:

I said in the thread they should have all been arrested, how is that defending?

I didn't say defending. I said blaming.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Serraph105 said:

I get the "Darwin Award" comments but let's not actively celebrate the death of people we're not fond of. That's crossing a line.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#43 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

As ignorant as our President.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

The IQ levels at that rally must be off the charts...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127504 Posts

I really hope none of them tests positive next week..

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

"Hey look at us we're doing exactly what we were told not to we're so grown up wheeeeee......."

Honestly a lot of Trump supporters seem to have more of the middle finger attitude than any real policy convictions. These people are just gonna hate the system no matter what the system is.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zaryia

rofl,

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

@zaryia said:

Freaking GOP.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
@Xabiss said:

Saying this is a terrible thing to say. Seriously you are saying you hope Trump supporters die and that is pathetic and you should be banned! WTF is wrong with you!

Did I make them go out and protest during a pandemic? NO. I'm sick of their lying. I'm sick of their dishonesty. I'm sick of their selfishness. But if you want to expose yourself to Covid-19 that's on you. Aren't you the party wanting to end social distancing for economic gain? Suck it up.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xabiss

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

Did I make them go out and protest during a pandemic? NO. I'm sick of their lying. I'm sick of their dishonesty. I'm sick of their selfishness. But if you want to expose yourself to Covid-19 that's on you. Aren't you the party wanting to end social distancing for economic gain? Suck it up.

STFU you wanted people to die and you flat out said it. So you really are the piece of #$#& on this forum just because they don't agree with you politically. Why you are not banned for such a comment just shows how the moderators on this forum are biased as hell.

Please find one time where I said we should stop social distancing. This just shows how much a of a liar you really are. Making crap up that I never said.