Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@Xabiss said:

STFU you wanted people to die and you flat out said it. So you really are the piece of #$#& on this forum just because they don't agree with you politically. Why you are not banned for such a comment just shows how the moderators on this forum are biased as hell.

Please find one time where I said we should stop social distancing. This just shows how much a of a liar you really are. Making crap up that I never said.

Liar. I never said that. I said I don't have sympathy if they are too stupid to follow the rules and go out in public to protest. And I stand by less trump supporters isn't a bad thing. That does not however inherently mean death.

So you can STFU.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

STFU you wanted people to die and you flat out said it. So you really are the piece of #$#& on this forum just because they don't agree with you politically. Why you are not banned for such a comment just shows how the moderators on this forum are biased as hell.

Please find one time where I said we should stop social distancing. This just shows how much a of a liar you really are. Making crap up that I never said.

Liar. I never said that. I said I don't have sympathy if they are too stupid to follow the rules and go out in public to protest. And I stand by less trump supporters isn't a bad thing. That does not however inherently mean death.

So you can STFU.

You said:

Also less trump supporters is not a bad thing...………..hate to say it but it's true.

You implied that you hope they die. How else do you have less Trump supports from that statement. What else would it mean? Jesus you are dense as hell and thanks for finally showing your true colors. You would rather people die that didn't agree with you politically. How sad is that.

Then you say it again in your statement above. WOW!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LJS9502_basic

@Byshop said:

I get the "Darwin Award" comments but let's not actively celebrate the death of people we're not fond of. That's crossing a line.

I'm not actively celebrating anything. I don't have sympathy for fools as I stated. And less trump supporters is never a bad thing....particularly when they want the rest of us to be in danger for their own selfish means. However, I didn't say I wanted them to die. But if they want to put themselves in danger whatever happens is on them.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

Saying this is a terrible thing to say. Seriously you are saying you hope Trump supporters die and that is pathetic and you should be banned! WTF is wrong with you!

Did I make them go out and protest during a pandemic? NO. I'm sick of their lying. I'm sick of their dishonesty. I'm sick of their selfishness. But if you want to expose yourself to Covid-19 that's on you. Aren't you the party wanting to end social distancing for economic gain? Suck it up.

You do have to ask yourself why they chose to gather in a group in such dangerous times. Also, they're supposedly the party of personal responsibility, yet this gathering shows they're being anything, but responsible.

I don't even know what this protest was trying to accomplish other than getting people to just accept the increased potential for death and continue on with life as normal.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Byshop said:

I get the "Darwin Award" comments but let's not actively celebrate the death of people we're not fond of. That's crossing a line.

I'm not actively celebrating anything. I don't have sympathy for fools as I stated. And less trump supporters is never a bad thing....particularly when they want the rest of us to be in danger for their own selfish means. However, I didn't say I wanted them to die. But if they want to put themselves in danger whatever happens is on them.

And less trump supporters is never a bad thing....particularly when they want the rest of us to be in danger for their own selfish means.

And you said you wanted them to die again. Really nice job and the Darwin Award goes to you.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By LJS9502_basic

A

@Xabiss said:f

You said:

Also less trump supporters is not a bad thing...………..hate to say it but it's true.

You implied that you hope they die. How else do you have less Trump supports from that statement. What else would it mean? Jesus you are dense as hell and thanks for finally showing your true colors. You would rather people die that didn't agree with you politically. How sad is that.

Then you say it again in your statement above. WOW!

Less trump supporters is not a bad thing. It wasn't bad to have less in 2016. It's not bad to have less in 2020. PERIOD.

You know you could have read my entire post instead of one line. That's what an intelligent individual would do. True colors? I have no respect for trump supporters. That should have been clear for awhile now. I made no secret that they support strongly a lying, incompetent, uneducated fool.

Also you didn't read the last post either.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LJS9502_basic

@Xabiss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Byshop said:

And less trump supporters is never a bad thing....particularly when they want the rest of us to be in danger for their own selfish means.

And you said you wanted them to die again. Really nice job and the Darwin Award goes to you.

@LJS9502_basic said:

Perhaps you should be banned for lying.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

Freaking GOP.

Do you disagree with the "freaking GOP" how more businesses should be open (ones that could operate safely) than right now because lets be honest and acknowledge how the exemption process for business trying to open seems to be working incorrectly. One can pick up an order from local Best Buy stores using curbside P/U but the guy who lost his roof this past Monday, with what many are saying was a tornado or so, can not get his roof replaced because Mr. Wolf deems it unessential.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Freaking GOP.

Do you disagree with the "freaking GOP" how more businesses should be open (ones that could operate safely) than right now because lets be honest and acknowledge how the exemption process for business trying to open seems to be working incorrectly. One can pick up an order from local Best Buy stores using curbside P/U but the guy who lost his roof this past Monday, with what many are saying was a tornado or so, can not get his roof replaced because Mr. Wolf deems it unessential.

The GOP wants ALL businesses open. Which leads to increased case of corona virus. Which leads to increased deaths. Guess the GOP wants us all to die. Where is the outrage in this thread over that?

Edit: I googled roofing. Seems they are open...….so your post was hyperbole huh.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Organizers wrote on Facebook: "Do not park and walk — stay in your vehicles!

Seriously, how difficult is that to follow

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Serraph105

@LJS9502_basic: "Edit: I googled roofing. Seems they are open...….so your post was hyperbole huh."

That or his source of news might be peddling false information for, well, the reason doesn't actually matter does it.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

@drlostrib said:

Their first mistake was expecting Trump supporters to read.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

@horgen said:

I really hope none of them tests positive next week..

That is my only hope. If the Virus spread here, the Hospitals would almost certainly be overloaded in two weeks. I dont think the medical system is equipped to deal with a spike like that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic

@Maroxad said:
@horgen said:

That is my only hope. I would hate to see anyone get hurt over this kind of ignorance.

What do you think the odds on that are? Seriously. If even one person was asymptomatic that creates an entire chain.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#65 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@Xabiss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:

You do have to ask yourself why they chose to gather in a group in such dangerous times. Also, they're supposedly the party of personal responsibility, yet this gathering shows they're being anything, but responsible.

I don't even know what this protest was trying to accomplish other than getting people to just accept the increased potential for death and continue on with life as normal.

I live in Michigan. Certainly don't agree with this protest. However, some of the protest involves around the governor's unwillingness to work with the legislature on common sense adjustments. There are many businesses - such as landscapers, etc. that are considered low risk and have applied for the ability to stay open. She has denied these despite them working outside and having no contact with others. She has shut down outdoor construction projects except ones that she favors - road work for example because she ran on the platform of "fix the damn roads". Other states have had smarter shut downs allowing some businesses to remain open depending on their risk, their value to the state, and their need. There doesn't seem to be a fair standard for what is allowed to stay open and what should close.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts
@Vaasman said:
@drlostrib said:

Their first mistake was expecting Trump supporters to read.

So basically this,

Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:

And nobody even knows what they’re protesting yet want them dead.

There are some complete morons on these boards.

No one said they wanted anyone dead. I did not say that either dude. I said I have no sympathy for those who put themselves in danger. And I'm not going to shed any tears.....same as I don't for other individuals who do stupid things intentionally.

Not sure about Michigan but in PA the GOP wants to open all businesses statewide and that IS a mistake at this point in time. Why aren't you outraged over that? Or trump wanting to open the country early? It seems you cons want people dead. Is that how we read this now?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Serraph105

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:
@horgen said:

That is my only hope. I would hate to see anyone get hurt over this kind of ignorance.

What do you think the odds on that are? Seriously. If even one person was asymptomatic that creates an entire chain.

I'd say that the odds are pretty good. We're going to be at 700k plus by the end of tomorrow easily. It will be a over a million in two weeks max, and that's just confirmed cases. The notion that none of these people were carrying the virus seems niave.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: mods called you out. Maybe you worded it wrong.

We both agree the protest was done in stupidity. I agree that lifting the restrictions too early would be tragic. We’re past the peak and near the end so to speak, a few more weeks people should be able to put up with. Some of the restriction put in place didnt make sense. Just grabbing one people are mad about....you cannot go to a second house or vacation house. If you live in ohio and have a second house or vacation house in michigan you can cross state lines and go to it.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Freaking GOP.

The GOP wants ALL businesses open. Which leads to increased case of corona virus. Which leads to increased deaths. Guess the GOP wants us all to die. Where is the outrage in this thread over that?

Edit: I googled roofing. Seems they are open...….so your post was hyperbole huh.

Needing an entire roof (even though a storm destroyed it) is not considered an emergency repair by the governor and his order. Actually read and do some research. Click on the PA website and I am happy to link it if you can't find it. The GOP does not want ALL business open. More business open, yes. If you are faux outraged, why aren't you advocating for everything to be shut down and no one able to leave their houses. Mr. Wolf seems to have a strange way of determining if a business is essential or not and he has a strange way of advocating for safety when he did NOTHING to curb the influx of hosts from Jersey and New York and now PA has numerous hotspots.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@sonicare: if you don’t mind me asking what part of michigan? I’m in wayne county

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:

@LJS9502_basic: mods called you out. Maybe you worded it wrong.

We both agree the protest was done in stupidity. I agree that lifting the restrictions too early would be tragic. We’re past the peak and near the end so to speak, a few more weeks people should be able to put up with. Some of the restriction put in place didnt make sense. Just grabbing one people are mad about....you cannot go to a second house or vacation house. If you live in ohio and have a second house or vacation house in michigan you can cross state lines and go to it.

Talking about wording wrong...…..what does you last two sentences mean?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LJS9502_basic
@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Freaking GOP.

Needing an entire roof (even though a storm destroyed it) is not considered an emergency repair by the governor and his order. Actually read and do some research. Click on the PA website and I am happy to link it if you can't find it. The GOP does not want ALL business open. More business open, yes. If you are faux outraged, why aren't you advocating for everything to be shut down and no one able to leave their houses. Mr. Wolf seems to have a strange way of determining if a business is essential or not and he has a strange way of advocating for safety when he did NOTHING to curb the influx of hosts from Jersey and New York and now PA has numerous hotspots.

I live in PA dude. And I googled roofing. They are still doing business here.

Also the House passed a resolution to reopen non essential businesses in PA.

Had we a real president none of the cities would be hotspots but we don't so...….states are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Too early and business is screaming. Too late and you have an epidemic. I'd image we have about a month left of closings if all goes well.

I think you are confused over roofing emergencies and the construction of new units which are closed....roofing...…….not.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

This forum should be changed to "Political Wars." Sad that one American can hope death on another American because of differing viewpoints or foolish behavior. Sad that an American can call nearly half of America illiterate. The list goes on. That's just in this thread.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer: Sad that people don't understand what they read...…...

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1351 Posts

Absolute morons, but what could we expect from people who look up to Trump. Probably just a sea of obesity wearing MAGA hats.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:

Had we a real president none of the cities would be hotspots but we don't so...….states are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Too early and business is screaming. Too late and you have an epidemic. I'd image we have about a month left of closings if all goes well.

I think you are confused over roofing emergencies and the construction of new units which are closed....roofing...…….not.

I know you are from PA. How can I ever forget you from your "I guarantee Hillary will win PA" from 2016? Roofing has to be either an emergency OR being done at certain operations (hospital, government, etc..,). My borough will not issue the contractor a permit for the job and it isn't because he isn't licensed and bonded. Maybe it is just me but I think shelter is essential.

Your feelings about the president are irrelevant. The governors knew and still know about these hotspots and did nothing, absolutely nothing to stop travel to and from these places. Nothing was done to contain the hosts in NYC from leaving and infecting other places. Please recall a few weeks ago when Trump tossed the idea of locking down the 5 boroughs and the backlash about state's rights and illegality and such. Hazleton, PA, Monroe County, etc.., are all hotspots because of Tom Wolf and his lack of addressing the matter. Trumps faults and errors do not validate nor excuse those by Wolf, Cuomo, Murphy, etc..,

Right here and now there are closed businesses which should be open AND opened business which need to be closed and the entire public welfare and safety is bull when the essential business list is inconsistent.

How is Best Buy essential? How is a beer distributor essential? How is the public safer with those open?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

relevant

Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Solaryellow said:

I know you are from PA. How can I ever forget you from your "I guarantee Hillary will win PA" from 2016? Roofing has to be either an emergency OR being done at certain operations (hospital, government, etc..,). My borough will not issue the contractor a permit for the job and it isn't because he isn't licensed and bonded. Maybe it is just me but I think shelter is essential.

Your feelings about the president are irrelevant. The governors knew and still know about these hotspots and did nothing, absolutely nothing to stop travel to and from these places. Nothing was done to contain the hosts in NYC from leaving and infecting other places. Please recall a few weeks ago when Trump tossed the idea of locking down the 5 boroughs and the backlash about state's rights and illegality and such. Hazleton, PA, Monroe County, etc.., are all hotspots because of Tom Wolf and his lack of addressing the matter. Trumps faults and errors do not validate nor excuse those by Wolf, Cuomo, Murphy, etc..,

Right here and now there are closed businesses which should be open AND opened business which need to be closed and the entire public welfare and safety is bull when the essential business list is inconsistent.

Exactly what powers do governor's have to stop travel?

As for the roofing...…...you brought up an emergency situation and said it wouldn't be done. Now you've contradicted yourself and said emergencies are done. Which is it? Make up your mind?

Also your borough is your problem then. Deal with them. If you have an emergency call and get on them. But don't equate state government with local government.

Naturally you don't want to talk about how the president screwed this up. Of course not.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Byshop said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Perhaps you should be banned for lying.

Some people are just snowflakes; I wouldn't worry too much about offending them, they are always the victim.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#81 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts
@joshrmeyer said:

This forum should be changed to "Political Wars." Sad that one American can hope death on another American because of differing viewpoints or foolish behavior. Sad that an American can call nearly half of America illiterate. The list goes on. That's just in this thread.

I Know I'm probably giving us too much credit, but I don't think anyone here would genuinely wish that on anyone.

Maybe give them the benefit of the doubt.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

As for the roofing...…...you brought up an emergency situation and said it wouldn't be done. Now you've contradicted yourself and said emergencies are done. Which is it? Make up your mind?

Also your borough is your problem then. Deal with them. If you have an emergency call and get on them. But don't equate state government with local government.

Naturally you don't want to talk about how the president screwed this up. Of course not.

Don't you consider needing a roof to be an emergency? I consider a leaking roof or a damaged roof to be quite the emergency but Mr. Wolf seems to classify this repair as non essential otherwise it would be done unless, of course, contractors generally pass up big dollar jobs. Since they are licensed, they are following the rules he put forth so they don't get pinched and risk losing it.

Mr. Wolf seems to hold or think he holds a lot of power to shut business down, force people to wear masks in public, stop people from non essential travel, etc.., but he can't keep infested people away? He's using quite the number of emergency powers, no? Some governors issued MANDATORY quarantines for people traveling from certain areas. I doubt Tom did it here but if he did, it isn't working. Rather than defending him and ignoring a problem he's done nothing to make better, address it. The mayor of NYC and his health director or whatever he/she is called said everything was fine in February and March and regardless of your dislike of Trump, De Blasio is a big reason why PA blew up with cases. Trump is not the reason.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6953 Posts

The most disappointing thing is the groups behind organizing such events. Organize it on-line.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic

@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Don't you consider needing a roof to be an emergency? I consider a leaking roof or a damaged roof to be quite the emergency but Mr. Wolf seems to classify this repair as non essential otherwise it would be done unless, of course, contractors generally pass up big dollar jobs. Since they are licensed, they are following the rules he put forth so they don't get pinched and risk losing it.

Mr. Wolf seems to hold or think he holds a lot of power to shut business down, force people to wear masks in public, stop people from non essential travel, etc.., but he can't keep infested people away? He's using quite the number of emergency powers, no? Some governors issued MANDATORY quarantines for people traveling from certain areas. I doubt Tom did it here but if he did, it isn't working. Rather than defending him and ignoring a problem he's done nothing to make better, address it. The mayor of NYC and his health director or whatever he/she is called said everything was fine in February and March and regardless of your dislike of Trump, De Blasio is a big reason why PA blew up with cases. Trump is not the reason.

I'm not sure where you get your information but I looked on the PA site for business closing during covid-19 and residential emergency repairs are allowed. Therefore you can get a leaky roof repaired.

As for travel per the site they don't want you to travel unless it's necessary. They ask one trip a week to the grocery store and no social gatherings.

trump is the president. He has oversight of how things are done. He could have imposed stay at home, don't travel etc. But all he did was deny deny deny.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm not sure where you get your information but I looked on the PA site for business closing during covid-19 and residential emergency repairs are allowed. Therefore you can get a leaky roof repaired.

As for travel per the site they don't want you to travel unless it's necessary. They ask one trip a week to the grocery store and no social gatherings.

trump is the president. He has oversight of how things are done. He could have imposed stay at home, don't travel etc. But all he did was deny deny deny.

As did I. 2361 or so? The issue, which you seem to perhaps misunderstand, is the discrepancy existing between what the government considers an emergency and what the home owner does. The contractor can do a quick patch job or temporary repair but can not go any further. That's it. Think of it like a mechanic who could plug a tire for a short, quick fix but can not put a new tire on the rim even though that is what you need. I'll defer to the contractor who can't do the job until he is allowed to by the state.

Another discrepancy exists between what the President thinks and can do and what the Governors think he can and can not do. As I said, Cuomo was adamant Trump could not quarantine the five boroughs as it was a state's issue. Even here, people have been sited for non essential travel like the chick in York.

Trump was criticized for the limits he placed on travel from China. People went crazy when he pondered the idea for NYC. Trump thinks he controls when states open. Governors think they control when a state opens up again. If that is the case I'd say the responsibility of preventing further contamination is on them. The interstate mingling of infected people is on our governors. There are/were failures at every level of government but one failure does not excuse another.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LJS9502_basic

@Solaryellow said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

As did I. 2361 or so? The issue, which you seem to perhaps misunderstand, is the discrepancy existing between what the government considers an emergency and what the home owner does. The contractor can do a quick patch job or temporary repair but can not go any further. That's it. Think of it like a mechanic who could plug a tire for a short, quick fix but can not put a new tire on the rim even though that is what you need. I'll defer to the contractor who can't do the job until he is allowed to by the state.

Another discrepancy exists between what the President thinks and can do and what the Governors think he can and can not do. As I said, Cuomo was adamant Trump could not quarantine the five boroughs as it was a state's issue. Even here, people have been sited for non essential travel like the chick in York.

Trump was criticized for the limits he placed on travel from China. People went crazy when he pondered the idea for NYC. Trump thinks he controls when states open. Governors think they control when a state opens up again. If that is the case I'd say the responsibility of preventing further contamination is on them. The interstate mingling of infected people is on our governors. There are/were failures at every level of government but one failure does not excuse another.

If your roof stops leaking......you're good until we get back to normal. It might surprise you that many people don't want to be put at risk. I know if you want something then that isn't important to you...……...

He didn't put much on China. Airlines, many of them, had already stopped travel from China. He did not stop all travel from China however so he let the virus in.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#87 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@zaryia said:

relevant

Loading Video...

Man I feel so bad for this guy fucking morons blocking the streets the country is doomed.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

FFS people.... we're trying to have a goddam civilization here.

i get it. these people see the order as some "big gubment overreach into muh freedoms"

how about you should be staying at home for the sake of your fellow fucking americans, despite what the big evil government has to say? for people that like to virtue signal about how much they love america and their freedom, they're sure acting like they hate other americans who they're potentially endangering with their stupidity.

if these people had any goddam sense, there would be no need for the gov't to be ordering people to stay at home in the first place... not everything is about the government just trying to assert control over your shitty life.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@n64dd said:

@sonicare: if you don’t mind me asking what part of michigan? I’m in wayne county

I live in Troy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
@comp_atkins said:

FFS people.... we're trying to have a goddam civilization here.

i get it. these people see the order as some "big gubment overreach into muh freedoms"

how about you should be staying at home for the sake of your fellow fucking americans, despite what the big evil government has to say? for people that like to virtue signal about how much they love america and their freedom, they're sure acting like they hate other americans who they're potentially endangering with their stupidity.

if these people had any goddam sense, there would be no need for the gov't to be ordering people to stay at home in the first place... not everything is about the government just trying to assert control over your shitty life.

Unfortunately, it's just not that simple. I don't think a lot of these people are bad, idiotic, or selfish. Rather, a lot of them just don't fully understand this pandemic. I work in health care and there's a big spectrum of what people believe and understand about covid-19. There's been a ton of bad information out there both online and on cable, and further complicating matters is that our understanding of this virus has changed over the course of time. While that's natural, it can be hard for some people to understand why some recommendations are no longer valid or constantly changing. Further, there has been conflicting advice from both the government and WHO - masks are bad, masks are good, etc - that may have many people doubting or distrusting these sources.

I also think that we shouldn't underestimate the economic impact this is having on many people. It's easy for some of us to stay home, but for others it means the loss of their livelihood with far reaching impact that significantly affects one's quality of life. If you were a small business owner that's put your life's work and earnings into your business, your tolerance of risk may be different. The stimulus had some help for small businesses, but they've burned through most of that money already. People willingly risk their lives everyday in many different types of jobs, so for some, they may not see this as much different. They may not understand how this virus spreads and that they are truly endangering others.

Finally, I think it depends on where you live and who you know. If you live in hard hit area like NYC, you probably have a far greater understanding of the human toll. It won't seem like some far off problem, but rather a crisis in your backyard. But if you live out in the country, and don't know of anyone who's been sick or died from this, those people may have a harder time grasping the impact of this once in a lifetime pandemic. People are often creatures of habit and long for their regular routine. It's not shocking that they may resist the significant upheaval that's currently going on.

I'm from Michigan, and i've had plenty of people come in who are pro and con about the quarantine. They come from wide ranging backgrounds, educational levels, polticial beliefs, etc, so I don't think it's wise to paint them all as uneducated rednecks who can't speak simple words correctly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@mattbbpl said:
@sonicare said:
@mattbbpl said:
@sonicare said:

I think a lot of people are just upset over this pandemic. This protest is just misdirected angst. Instead of acting like a bunch of condescending assholes, you guys could probably try to be sympathetic to the plight of your fellow citizens. Lots of people are suffering right now and unfortunately some of them are easily misled or confused about what it to blame. Instead of taunting and mocking, how about some sympathy?

Empathy isn't mutual for these people. This is the party that preaches personal responsibility and bootstraps while yanking away medical coverage and advocating opening everything back up because "only 1 million people will die", the implication being that they won't be among that number.

"these people". I have no idea what the personal beliefs of each of those individuals protesting. If they are jerks, is the solution to be a bigger jerk? I could be wrong, if so, then hate away. However, isn't a better solution to ignorance education? I understand that politics is divisive and it's easy to ridicule and belittle those who are of differing opinions. We often try to denigrate and dehumanize those who disagree with us. One can use the argument, well they do it, so why shouldn't I? But it seems imo, that rarely leads to positive change.

Furthermore, I seriously doubt they are advocating the idea that its ok to go back to work because "only a million people will die". They more likely believe this virus is not as serious as that given past false information.

“I’m not denying what a nasty disease COVID-19 can be, and how it’s obviously devastating to somewhere between 1 and 3.4 percent of the population,” he told the paper. “But that means 97 to 99 percent will get through this and develop immunities and will be able to move beyond this. But we don’t shut down our economy because tens of thousands of people die on the highways... We don’t shut down our economies because tens of thousands of people die from the common flu.”

Link

It generally boils down to whether or not the right people are being hurt.

But that's one person's opinion. I highly doubt that every person protesting is lock and step with the linked individual's views. And as for the "right people", this virus doesn't discriminate. It has no political agenda. It's incredibly open minded about who it infects.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

This is the consequence of electing someone to the height of power who is a conspiracy theorist and builds the foundation of his leadership and administration on lies, anti-scientific ignorance, and anti-establishment and anti-institutional rhetoric that he hammers home for years and years.

It is little wonder people are flagrantly flouting in mass gatherings, disregarding recommendations by experts and their institutions dedicated and conducive to their own well being who they don’t trust, as they’re not listened to because these people have put their faith in a conman ignoramus instead. To their own peril I don’t mind as Darwinism will work its magic; unfortunately others who exercise prudence will have to pay the price as well.

But hey, at least the libs have been owned!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#93 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I see those people and I wonder how much time will it take t

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic

@sonicare said:

Unfortunately, it's just not that simple. I don't think a lot of these people are bad, idiotic, or selfish. Rather, a lot of them just don't fully understand this pandemic. I work in health care and there's a big spectrum of what people believe and understand about covid-19. There's been a ton of bad information out there both online and on cable, and further complicating matters is that our understanding of this virus has changed over the course of time. While that's natural, it can be hard for some people to understand why some recommendations are no longer valid or constantly changing. Further, there has been conflicting advice from both the government and WHO - masks are bad, masks are good, etc - that may have many people doubting or distrusting these sources.

I also think that we shouldn't underestimate the economic impact this is having on many people. It's easy for some of us to stay home, but for others it means the loss of their livelihood with far reaching impact that significantly affects one's quality of life. If you were a small business owner that's put your life's work and earnings into your business, your tolerance of risk may be different. The stimulus had some help for small businesses, but they've burned through most of that money already. People willingly risk their lives everyday in many different types of jobs, so for some, they may not see this as much different. They may not understand how this virus spreads and that they are truly endangering others.

Finally, I think it depends on where you live and who you know. If you live in hard hit area like NYC, you probably have a far greater understanding of the human toll. It won't seem like some far off problem, but rather a crisis in your backyard. But if you live out in the country, and don't know of anyone who's been sick or died from this, those people may have a harder time grasping the impact of this once in a lifetime pandemic. People are often creatures of habit and long for their regular routine. It's not shocking that they may resist the significant upheaval that's currently going on.

I'm from Michigan, and i've had plenty of people come in who are pro and con about the quarantine. They come from wide ranging backgrounds, educational levels, polticial beliefs, etc, so I don't think it's wise to paint them all as uneducated rednecks who can't speak simple words correctly.

I get that this has an economic side to it but if people haven't been putting some money away for emergencies then they share some of the blame for their situation as well. Anything can happen on any given day......it doesn't have to be a national emergency. And yes I know sometimes it's hard but it needs to be done. Cut expenses. That can be done even when money is tight. You should have six months emergency money saved. As for small businesses they should save as well.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#95 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127516 Posts

Thanks to them a lockdown might have to be prolonged as well.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sonicare said:

I'm from Michigan, and i've had plenty of people come in who are pro and con about the quarantine. They come from wide ranging backgrounds, educational levels, polticial beliefs, etc, so I don't think it's wise to paint them all as uneducated rednecks who can't speak simple words correctly.ForI get that this has an economic side to it but if people haven't been putting some money away for emergencies then they share some of the blame for their situation as well. Anything can happen on any given day......it doesn't have to be a national emergency. And yes I know sometimes it's hard but it needs to be done. Cut expenses. That can be done even when money is tight. You should have six months emergency money saved. As for small businesses they should save as well.

For many people, that unfortunately isn't really feasible.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Solaryellow

@LJS9502_basic said:

If your roof stops leaking......you're good until we get back to normal. It might surprise you that many people don't want to be put at risk. I know if you want something then that isn't important to you...……...

He didn't put much on China. Airlines, many of them, had already stopped travel from China. He did not stop all travel from China however so he let the virus in.

Thanks Handyman Joe Negri but that's not how life works especially when being a home owner dealing with a catastrophic event.

Lay whatever blame you feel is justified by placing it on Trump's shoulders but you can not ignore the governors (who seem to think they know better) who did nothing to stop the transfer of this disease between states. Why have you not advocated for Wolf to shut everything down? The virus can not be transferred at the local supermarket or beer outlet? You seem to be rather selective when it comes to people leaving their homes. As I said, Mr. Wolf has exhibited zero sense when ti comes to what is essential and what is not and he seems to ignore those who actually want to get back to work, sensibly of course. The people in Michigan are not any different than hundreds (maybe more) of people running to walmart or wherever they choose to go. You have not been out of your place since issued the SAHO, yes?

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Semi-related but LOL WTF kind of tweet is this?https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169987110330372?s=20

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#99 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127516 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:

Semi-related but LOL WTF kind of tweet is this?https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1251169987110330372?s=20

You got a tweet button

Who invaded Virginia?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

@horgen said:
@PraetorianMan said:

You got a tweet button

Who invaded Virginia?

At first I thought it said "Liberate Vagina".

Truly a sad indictment of the times that I, for a moment, didn't think such a tweet would be all that misplaced coming from the POTUS.