2020 Election Day Thread: Biden 306 - Trump 232 (CNN). Joseph R. Biden Jr. Wins the Presidency of the United States.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1351 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@Planeforger: No, don't think so, the Brazilian government is 200% Pro Trump. Trump is an intellectual close to Bolsonaro. Things are a bit crazy there right now.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1352 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127530 Posts

This might be its own topic...

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-conspired-overthrow-trump-mypillow-ceo-tells-stop-steal-march-1554370

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, an ally of President Donald Trump, accused Fox News of conspiring to overthrow Trump at a "Stop the Steal" rally in Washington D.C.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1353 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts

@horgen said:

This might be its own topic...

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-conspired-overthrow-trump-mypillow-ceo-tells-stop-steal-march-1554370

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, an ally of President Donald Trump, accused Fox News of conspiring to overthrow Trump at a "Stop the Steal" rally in Washington D.C.

Another reason not to buy the MyPillow

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1354 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Now you got trumpettes and conservatives protesting and rioting in the streets.

But wait.... hold one a second. The trumpettes just told me it's only the leftists that riot! Guess it's all fake news.

Anyways, since the trumpettes on this forum probably support running over protesters, should the proud boys and Maga cultists be run over because they're protesting in the street, supporting an illegal activity, i.e. trying to overthrow the government?

Or have the trumpettes scurried off to parler? Noticed an eerie silence from the cultists.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1355 Ring_of_fire

I wonder if the MAGAists are really trying to revolt from the GOP, and if so, what the means for the GA runoff elections.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1356 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@Ring_of_fire said:

I wonder if the MAGAists are really trying to revolt from the GOP, and if so, what the means for the GA runoff elections.

We can only hope.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#1357 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Ring_of_fire:

This is why the GOP is stupid for backing the Texas lawsuit. No matter how hard they try to convince Trump supporters that they were on Trump's side when it mattered most, none of it will matter once they see that it was all for nothing. The Trump cultists are NEVER going to trust an election again and it's all Trump's fault. So with that, there's absolutely *nothing* to gain from humoring Trump's fractured ego. It's a sinking ship with nothing to plunder.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1358 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: Pretty much. Anything other than successfully burning democracy to the ground to install Trump as President for life will be seen as a betrayal. Trump's a Saturday morning cartoon villain, and his follows are nearly as predictable.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1359  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17697 Posts

So, we've had another mass march of delusional, chanting, conspiracy believing idiots. Wonderful. Although from what I'm hearing, not nearly to the extent we had a month prior, perhaps some of these morons are actually abiding facts for once.

I'm continually puzzled upon what foundation are these people operating? What is granting such conviction? Is it simply blind partisan loyalty? How can anyone believe Trump given his past for deception? His PROVEN deception. Was the birther conspiracy, proven wrong, not enough? The Central Five?

**** these people, and the entirety of the GOP to hell. I'm glad to see this pit of vipers eating themselves alive. Good. Hopefully this does irreparable damage to the movement and fractures it. They just keep getting more and more conspiratorial in excusing a reality they cannot deal with. How do these folks operate in the world? Honestly.

The Democrats reaction in '16 was nothing compared to this. These people are beyond pathetic and sad.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1360 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23059 Posts

I can't believe these guys aren't parody accounts at this point.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1361 Ring_of_fire

Almost like it's an admission they cant win on ideas, they can only win by suppressing the vote

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1363 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6967 Posts

@girlusocrazy: You forgot the part about being gullible morons and lacking critical thinking skills.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#1364 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Ring_of_fire: Suppressing the vote? How? By only wanting voters who are old enough, still alive, a US citizen, and only able to vote once? Calling for a relaxation on measures designed to protect election security and calling the opposition of it some kind of suppression is just a poor argument. It's not suppression to want honest and fair elections.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1365 Eoten

Is the governor and SoS of Georgia still actively blocking the results of the audit of the 22 Dominion machines tested in Antrim county? I'm sure they have a perfectly honest and reasonable reason for keeping the results of that audit a secret, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1366 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@eoten: You gonna have to learn to cope dude.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1367 Eoten

@ghost_of_phobos: Cope? You're cheerleading for the party of China. The DNC ain't even hiding that fact anymore. Al Green even admitted on camera that he was selling out the US to China. You're good with that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1368 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@eoten: I really hope you're trolling and you don't really believe that.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1369 Eoten

@ghost_of_phobos: Let's see, so far the Clintons, Feinstein, Bidens, various governors and state legislatures, and Eric Swallwell have been caught either taking money from China or dealing with Chinese spies. Most their policies are directed towards division, and crushing American industry and manufacturing which benefits who again?... China. Do you really think Swallwell is alone in his ties to the Chinese? It would seem Pelosi and Schiff were aware. But you're okay with all that, right? Because orange man bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1370 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@eoten: I see that's going to be the narrative moving forward, kinda like a vendetta to the whole Russia thing. Which is funny considering Trump has business ties with China too, and hilarious considering that during Trump's mandate China only grew stronger, and hysterical because the absurd level of debt growth under Trump is the biggest vulnerability the US has towards China.

I assume you're just doing your job but that kind of narrative is going to be hard to sell.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#1371 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@eoten:

Orange man lost and no one in the courts believes his baseless allegations. I'm sorry but that's the reality of this situation. Trump lost and until you admit that it was fair, this story will continue to not make any sense.

*How can you lose court cases on merit and legal standing if the so-called evidence is real?

It just wouldn't make any sense. And in a normal situation, it would not be happening if the cases had merit or legal standing. This is nothing more than lip service so that you can't blame Trump for not fighting. He's only doing this because he has to follow through on what he told his supporters about Democrats cheating. The problem with that is that none of it is actually true so he has nothing to show for it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1373 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178878 Posts

@eoten said:

@ghost_of_phobos: Cope? You're cheerleading for the party of China. The DNC ain't even hiding that fact anymore. Al Green even admitted on camera that he was selling out the US to China. You're good with that?

The trump have ties to China. China grew under trump. Glad we can stop that with his dismissal.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1374 LJS9502_basic
@girlusocrazy said:

Georgia did a hand recount so examining the machines is moot.

Twice did they not.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1377 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127530 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

The trump have ties to China. China grew under trump. Glad we can stop that with his dismissal.

Trump paid more taxes to China than US in 2016, did he not? :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1378 LJS9502_basic

@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

Yep

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1379  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17697 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@MirkoS77: People put trust in politicians, and Trump positioned himself as an outsider with no vested interest that would root out corruption and a lot of people believed that. They didn't pay attention to what was going on too deeply but believed what was fed to them over 4 years. Trump took credit for anything good that happened so these people believed he was responsible for that and doing some good for his base. He achieved some conservative goals, said America First, and they took it as a sign of someone who had their interests at heart. A lot of people were kept happy and didn't need to scrutinize what was going on because nothing was going wrong for them. They could believe the fairy tales, discount anything negative as political mudslinging and exaggeration, and sleep easy.

They were kept happy and had no reason to scrutinize because of that contentment. Trump took advantaged of these people by keeping scrutiny at bay by always pointing the finger somewhere else and saying he was actually trying to solve everything but these people or these policies or the deep state was stopping him. Why would they start doubting now? They believe it really is corruption. They bought it all hook line and sinker.

It has all been coming at people very fast, Trump kept things coming at a pace where it was a lot of work keeping up with everything and a lot of people didn't. They just worried about their daily lives and were kept content politically. But when the dust has settled and people can get caught up it will be a lot more clear.

People are foolish if they grant someone trust simply by virtue of title or position. Trump is one of the most transparent individuals I've ever laid my eyes upon, and this isn't a judgement that requires much study to ascertain. Just watching him speak for five minutes is enough. Everything is the "greatest", "tremendous", and "history has never witnessed anything like it" under him, and his appeal to superlatives and their degree is laughable. He's a walking caricature. It's so obvious that this person is a PR showman who is spewing what people wish to hear with every utterance.

You have to be extremely obtuse to put any faith in this man, and this is not even accounting for evidence that substantiates his duplicity aside his personal shortcomings. The only other thing I believe can skew such judgement to his favor is a degree of toxic partisan hatred that robs someone of all reasonable metric. It's been incredibly frustrating for me to see seemingly highly intelligent people grant Trump far more than is warranted these past four, some very close to me.

You made an excellent post to horgen saying that many Trump supporters are so invested at this point that to concede his election narrative is without grounding immediately pulls into disrepute everything that they've supported him on for the past four years. I find this spot on in playing a significant part in why so many are ardently supportive of him no matter how far he pushes things into the realm of the absurd. It's more about them at this point than it is the actual merit of the accusation. They've placed their faith in Trump, and in terms of simple self-preservation, need it to be validated lest they have to humor something of themselves they'd rather not acknowledge.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1381  Edited By Eoten
@horgen said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:

Uuh, no? If you're referencing the WaPo article which only made mention of federal income taxes which was overpaid years before and without mentioning what he pays in payroll and property taxes, then you're basing that off fake news. Tell me, if WaPo had all his taxes, why did they never show you his state taxes, property taxes, or other taxes paid?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1382 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23059 Posts

@eoten: "which was overpaid years before"

Once again, that's not what occurred. You've had this explained to you in detail several times, and at this point I'm 100 percent sure you understand but are spreading misinformation anyway.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1383 Ring_of_fire

So the Electoral College affirmed the result. Are they finally going to admit they lost or are they going to say "But congress has to count the electoral college votes! It's not over!"

I'm going to go with the latter

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1384 LJS9502_basic

@Ring_of_fire said:

So the Electoral College affirmed the result. Are they finally going to admit they lost or are they going to say "But congress has to count the electoral college votes! It's not over!"

It's not. They are now having their own GOP vote and want to present that on the 6th.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1385 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Did Trump just fire Barr?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1386 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15597 Posts
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Did Trump just fire Barr?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/politics/william-barr-out-as-attorney-general/index.html

Trump firing his biggest sycophant via tweet is about how I would have guessed this shitshow would conclude.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1387 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19601 Posts

So we can now call him President-Elect Joe Biden, right? I know some people were getting really hung up about that last month.

Meanwhile, Trump is trying to steal some airtime by announcing Barr's retirement.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1388  Edited By Ring_of_fire

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Ring_of_fire said:

It's not. They are now having their own GOP vote and want to present that on the 6th.

Almost like they want a President Pelosi

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1389 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19601 Posts

I'm not familiar with Congressman Paul Mitchell, but he made some good points today when he disaffiliated from the Republican Party and became an independent.

"It is unacceptable for political candidates to treat our election system as though we are a third-world nation and incite distrust of something so basic as the sanctity of our vote. Further, it is unacceptable for the president to attack the Supreme Court of the United States because its judges, both liberal and conservative, did not rule with his side"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1390 deactivated-628e6669daebe

Have they released the Kraken yet?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1391 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4390 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Have they released the Kraken yet?

yeah. it was just gas!

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1392 YukoAsho

@Vaasman: Was there any other way this would go? Loyalty to Trump offers no rewards, something the GOP will learn sooner than later.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1393 Eoten

@Ring_of_fire said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Ring_of_fire said:

Almost like they want a President Pelosi

That isn't how it works.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1394  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38693 Posts

well.

that's that.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1395  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Trump who...

• Denied and Downplayed COVID 19 at every opportunity
  • Has been actively spreading conspiracy theories
  • Spent most of his time ignoring the virus
  • Constnatly tried shirking blame to china
  • Been spreading pseudoscientific claims about the virus

Is once again trying to take credit for the COVID 19 vaccine. I wouldnt credit any politician, I would give credit to Ugur Sahin and Özlem Türeci who actually developed the vaccine. But if I had to give credit to ANY politician, it would be Angela Merkel. As far as politicians go, she was always in the lead.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1396 YukoAsho

@Maroxad: Trump trying to take credit for something he didn't have dick to do with is his MO. Let's not forget, he's the one who sat on the Obama economy for years even as he worked to destroy it.

He's a blowhard who can't do anything but talk, and his failed presidency is proof positive of his inability to do anything of worth.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1398  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@girlusocrazy said:

@Maroxad: Forgot that he tried to bump his own staff up to the top of the list of people who would get the vaccine first (then backed down when it made the news), while at the same time doesn't try to promote wearing masks.

Didn't they all already have it? They should have some immunity to it for a bit.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1399 YukoAsho

It's over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaBdSW4pCww&t=6s