Why I am NOT getting Playstation 4 unless.......

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

So your not gettinga a PS4 because they are giving you options... which you will more than likely be able to turn off in the options/settings menu. You could literally just unplug the thing and not worry about it at all lol

Your mad because they will be offering a cloud service to extend PS1,PS2 and PS3 games on. You DON'T have to subscribe, but for some of us, buying a years subscription will be cheaper than trying to go buy games like Tales of Destiny off Ebay (assuming they have pretty much all old titles on the service). And it's not backwards compatible because of the completely different CPU architecture. Why can't you people realize this. And if they shove a Cell CPU and a NVIDIA gpu in the PS4 it will only crank up the price, and then you will complain that it's too expensive. Kinda like how they did the PS3, it litteraly had the PS2 CPU and GPU in it to make it backwards compatable. 

Also no games, wow lol, really? You have got to be joking, Is Ni No Kuni a shooter? Is tales of Xillia/Graces F shooters? is Infamous a shooter? Uncharted went where tomb raider hadn't and now has tomb raider following in it's footsteps? God of War is a shooter? The only freaking shooters sony owns is resistance and killzone. Everything else is RPG, Action/Adventure, Hack n' Slash. The closest to a shooter is Uncharted, but at most it would be considered a third person shooter, but is more action/adventure style. and as for too difficult... maybe play on easy mode? And don't ever try Dark Souls or even Put Dragon Age Origins on Nightmare difficulty. It will probobly resault in a very broken controller and possibly a broken TV or wall. 

I think I smell a troll... or... an xbot :P

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts
I am very unimpressed with Playstation 4 and I have decided to not to purchase it unless all of the following are changed, and they likely will not be changed but here is why I will not buy it and don't think most people should buy it: 1) The cloud service is just another scheme to drain money from players who already bought games once before. This is sheer money grubbing! The cloud is likely to cost money, probably a subscription, Even after millions of gamers said they wouldn't buy it if it wasn't backwards compatible, they still ignored the gamers. Plus with the exception of people with the fastets internet connections customers will probably not have enough bandwidth or speed to run the cloud without interruption. 2) Almost all of the games on PS3 were no good, too difficult, not fun, no games for kids, and they ruined franchise after franchise with their first person shooter OBSESSION. 3) Constant updates, many of which should have been optional, many of which made the Playstation 3's system worse, updates, upon updates, upon update and most of them forced onto us. Along with those updates came bad faith EULA's that give Sony ALL of the rights and the players NONE. So even if Sony commits a tort against you they claim you waive those rights to play your games on their netwrok. Sorry but no. These are all one-sided bad faith contracts that you are forced to ok under duress. 4) Too much spying on MY personal business. Limits on how many active Playstations I can have?!!! They have no right to even know how many I have let alone tell me how many I can have! I have four kids and three Playstations and when I pay for a game and dlc I expect my entire family to be able to use it for no additional cost and how dare they use viruses to spy on my property!!! It's not ok and gamers who grew up in the 80's understand the value of PRIVACY. They are trying to steal your privacy and get you used to them spying on you and it's NOT ok! They want you to give up your property rights and privacy in case some hacker steals from them but that won't even stop the hackers will it? Nope. 5) Games may start self downloading on what it thinks my preferences are? Um.. excuse me but no it's just another way to spam me! I don't want my hard drive bogged down with games I didn't ask for and it's none of the CLOUD's business what games I play. I guarantee it will select games I do not want. No thanks! 6) Facebook. If some people want a total life link to facebook then by all means go for it, however if it's going to be forced onto us (which is unconfirmed at this time) then NO WAYYYYYY! I'm not giving out my real name and my kids' real names to ANYONE on PSN. 7) Sign up is too complicated and involved! I want all my kids to be able to play games and watch my netflix and I should get to decide if they are old enough not Sony and not game companies and not the government!!!! I have to make fake birth dates so my kids can play with their Uncle, or friends and that's flat out ridiculous!!!! There is no reason why we cannot have sub accounts where the kids can have their own separate trophies and game files that do not require any age specification!!!! My four yo has to log into my oldest son's account to watch netflix, since I use mine in the other room!!! DUH they need to grow up and get over themselves already and get out of my business!! It shouldn't even require an email address to sing up to the network. I am also warning people that the next move is to require cell phone numbers which I REFUSE to give to anyone or any company on the net. They WILL sell your info and will send you texts and anyone without a phone will not be able to sign up! I am sick of the sign up process being like a CIA interrogation. Plus using cell numbers as verification is a serious security risk. If anyone knows your number they can easily hack your account in minutes and reset all your passwords and then steal your games and access your credit card! Please people don't give companies your numbers! So there are the reasons I refuse to buy Playstation 4.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I see you have used your blog before, so you obviously know what it is for..
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Sorry dude, I tried to read that MASSIVE blog of yours but I got a ADD.:|

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Fine, then don't get one.

Avatar image for Encognito_Mr_BC
Encognito_Mr_BC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Encognito_Mr_BC
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts

Vari3ty
couldn't have said it better myself
BlackDiamond81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlackDiamond81
Member since 2005 • 1565 Posts
Do you do much gaming other than on PS3??? What you said seems to loosely apply to multiple consoles and platforms not just PS3. First person shooter obsession??? Really as opposed to X-Box being the king of FPS?? You must have a limited knowledge on things is what I am taking from this rant.
Avatar image for virtualfighter1
virtualfighter1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 virtualfighter1
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Wow look like it turn out to be a bad concpet for now.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I see you have used your blog before, so you obviously know what it is for..MethodManFTW
Agreed, plus his post is ridiculous and sounds like a crying baby. It's as if he/she doesn't realize options in settings exist to turn stuff off that he/she doesn't want. It is also very apparent there is complete ignorance on the part of system architecture differences b/n 3 &4. And to say there were no good games....face palm.
wazzap76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wazzap76
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

I stopped reading after you said their games were too difficult if you honestly think that maybe you shouldn't be playing video games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Didn't read. Baww somewhere else.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
Didn't read. Baww somewhere else.darkspineslayer
this...wow for a second there i thought i was in sw based on all the thread responses lol
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#14 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

There's an unecessary amount of crying, hyperbole, and ASSumptions in your post TC...

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Ok... get a Wii U then, because the next Xbox won't be any better.
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Can I talk to the 4 year old? he seems more mature.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

:lol:

yourmate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 yourmate
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts

I stopped reading after you said their games were too difficult if you honestly think that maybe you shouldn't be playing video games.

wazzap76

lol exact same point I stopped

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
The fact that you don't know the correct number after 5 basically makes this thread stained. Ok, not really but given the fact that you proclaim that the games on the PS3 were "too difficult" basically ruined whatever little credibility you had. Simply put, either buy it or don't. Won't matter much either way.
sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
I don't think your points were valid. Rather, they were minor in my opinion and shouldn't be deciding factors in getting the PS4. And the point about video games being too difficult and having no kids games.... I'm not sure you even know what your talking about anymore. No offense.
shads20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shads20
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts

i gave up reading after number 2

personally had more fun watching that video from the other guy

CursedChamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CursedChamp
Member since 2013 • 485 Posts
If you do not want a PS4 do not get one, I am going to get the PS4 first and it may be the only console that I buy from the next gen. On a side note this thread would of made a better blog.
slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

TC after reading your wall of text I decided to go to your blog page and read your blogs, I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm I wrong or did you write that Alice: Maddness Returns is to hard and you also compare it to FPS games????? WTF did you really play the game? Do you even really play games?

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
If you hated EVERY game on the PS3 then obviously you won't be getting a PS4.. in fact you should probably quit gaming altogether.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

You lost me at #2

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Okay... Me, I can't wait, I want my PS4 now.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
[QUOTE="arcangelgold"]I am very unimpressed with Playstation 4 and I have decided to not to purchase it unless all of the following are changed, and they likely will not be changed but here is why I will not buy it and don't think most people should buy it: 1) The cloud service is just another scheme to drain money from players who already bought games once before. This is sheer money grubbing! The cloud is likely to cost money, probably a subscription, Even after millions of gamers said they wouldn't buy it if it wasn't backwards compatible, they still ignored the gamers. Plus with the exception of people with the fastets internet connections customers will probably not have enough bandwidth or speed to run the cloud without interruption. 2) Almost all of the games on PS3 were no good, too difficult, not fun, no games for kids, and they ruined franchise after franchise with their first person shooter OBSESSION. 3) Constant updates, many of which should have been optional, many of which made the Playstation 3's system worse, updates, upon updates, upon update and most of them forced onto us. Along with those updates came bad faith EULA's that give Sony ALL of the rights and the players NONE. So even if Sony commits a tort against you they claim you waive those rights to play your games on their netwrok. Sorry but no. These are all one-sided bad faith contracts that you are forced to ok under duress. 4) Too much spying on MY personal business. Limits on how many active Playstations I can have?!!! They have no right to even know how many I have let alone tell me how many I can have! I have four kids and three Playstations and when I pay for a game and dlc I expect my entire family to be able to use it for no additional cost and how dare they use viruses to spy on my property!!! It's not ok and gamers who grew up in the 80's understand the value of PRIVACY. They are trying to steal your privacy and get you used to them spying on you and it's NOT ok! They want you to give up your property rights and privacy in case some hacker steals from them but that won't even stop the hackers will it? Nope. 5) Games may start self downloading on what it thinks my preferences are? Um.. excuse me but no it's just another way to spam me! I don't want my hard drive bogged down with games I didn't ask for and it's none of the CLOUD's business what games I play. I guarantee it will select games I do not want. No thanks! 6) Facebook. If some people want a total life link to facebook then by all means go for it, however if it's going to be forced onto us (which is unconfirmed at this time) then NO WAYYYYYY! I'm not giving out my real name and my kids' real names to ANYONE on PSN. 7) Sign up is too complicated and involved! I want all my kids to be able to play games and watch my netflix and I should get to decide if they are old enough not Sony and not game companies and not the government!!!! I have to make fake birth dates so my kids can play with their Uncle, or friends and that's flat out ridiculous!!!! There is no reason why we cannot have sub accounts where the kids can have their own separate trophies and game files that do not require any age specification!!!! My four yo has to log into my oldest son's account to watch netflix, since I use mine in the other room!!! DUH they need to grow up and get over themselves already and get out of my business!! It shouldn't even require an email address to sing up to the network. I am also warning people that the next move is to require cell phone numbers which I REFUSE to give to anyone or any company on the net. They WILL sell your info and will send you texts and anyone without a phone will not be able to sign up! I am sick of the sign up process being like a CIA interrogation. Plus using cell numbers as verification is a serious security risk. If anyone knows your number they can easily hack your account in minutes and reset all your passwords and then steal your games and access your credit card! Please people don't give companies your numbers! So there are the reasons I refuse to buy Playstation 4.

Sir, I understand you're upset, but what was it really necessary to subject your cat to your lunacy as well?
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

You lost me at #2

CommanderShiro
i thought I was the only one
XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts
A lot of the PS4 features you've mentioned already exist on the PS3.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#30 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
1. You don't have to use it then. Keep your Playstation 3 and play Playstation 3 games on your Playstation 3. 2. You're saying there's NO good games on the PS3? You must really hate games then. The PS3 has arguably the best exclusives overall, and there's much more than shooters out there, if you actually bother to look. 3. I see nothing wrong with their updates, I'm not sure what you're going on about here. 4. Wha? 5. This will probably be optional, everything you mentioned here. 6. Lol, there's no 6. 7. I didn't feel like reading all that, but it seems like incoherent nonsense that's not really an actual issue. Have nice day! :D
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
6. Lol, there's no 6.SoNin360
Yeah, there is. It's clumped together with #5. I actually read all that lunatic ranting which is why I replied the way I did.
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Who cares about your soapbox? Buying mine on day one!
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts

This thread is plain stupid.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Games are too difficult? If anything they're a bit too easy

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 arcangelgold
I see you have used your blog before, so you obviously know what it is for..MethodManFTW
Whether I use my blog is none of your business.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 arcangelgold

Vari3ty
That's what I just said and I wanted people to have the opportunity to know why. It's good to have alternative views on forums so others can make their own decision and not just based off of one popular idea.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 arcangelgold
Do you do much gaming other than on PS3??? What you said seems to loosely apply to multiple consoles and platforms not just PS3. First person shooter obsession??? Really as opposed to X-Box being the king of FPS?? You must have a limited knowledge on things is what I am taking from this rant.BlackDiamond81
No I have very wide knowledge of the conspiracy between all game consoles to spy on their customers, and use viruses to violate and convert the consumers consoles and digital property. I know the FPSs are rampant on all systems except perhaps Wii, however my post is not about those consoles it's about the PS4.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 arcangelgold
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I see you have used your blog before, so you obviously know what it is for..nightshade869
Agreed, plus his post is ridiculous and sounds like a crying baby. It's as if he/she doesn't realize options in settings exist to turn stuff off that he/she doesn't want. It is also very apparent there is complete ignorance on the part of system architecture differences b/n 3 &4. And to say there were no good games....face palm.

The only one who sounds ridiculous is you. First off I am not a he I am a girl. Second just because you don't like other people voicing concerns over serious privacy risks, security risks, and property rights violations doesn't mean that other people don't care. This is a forum for everyone not just YOU. As far as crying LOL, oh please I am currently in progress of pushing for legislation in congress both in my state and all 50 to reign in these media developers. Yes and really there weren't hardly any good games on the PS4 most of them sucked and bombed in the ratings.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 arcangelgold

wazzap76
Frankly I think millions of other gamers are sick and tired of reading and hearing all the uber hackers and cheaters claim all the games are way too easy. Games being too difficult for kids to play and even adults to enjoy have been plaguing the system since it came and there have been ooodles of complaints on this issue. Sorry but honest players who don't hack to get everything find it pretty hard to defeat many of the games.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 arcangelgold

So your not gettinga a PS4 because they are giving you options... which you will more than likely be able to turn off in the options/settings menu. You could literally just unplug the thing and not worry about it at all lol

Your mad because they will be offering a cloud service to extend PS1,PS2 and PS3 games on. You DON'T have to subscribe, but for some of us, buying a years subscription will be cheaper than trying to go buy games like Tales of Destiny off Ebay (assuming they have pretty much all old titles on the service). And it's not backwards compatible because of the completely different CPU architecture. Why can't you people realize this. And if they shove a Cell CPU and a NVIDIA gpu in the PS4 it will only crank up the price, and then you will complain that it's too expensive. Kinda like how they did the PS3, it litteraly had the PS2 CPU and GPU in it to make it backwards compatable. 

Also no games, wow lol, really? You have got to be joking, Is Ni No Kuni a shooter? Is tales of Xillia/Graces F shooters? is Infamous a shooter? Uncharted went where tomb raider hadn't and now has tomb raider following in it's footsteps? God of War is a shooter? The only freaking shooters sony owns is resistance and killzone. Everything else is RPG, Action/Adventure, Hack n' Slash. The closest to a shooter is Uncharted, but at most it would be considered a third person shooter, but is more action/adventure style. and as for too difficult... maybe play on easy mode? And don't ever try Dark Souls or even Put Dragon Age Origins on Nightmare difficulty. It will probobly resault in a very broken controller and possibly a broken TV or wall. 

I think I smell a troll... or... an xbot :P

ryangcnx-2
No most of these will NOT be optional, and I am yes mad they purposely make the cloud to make consumer re-buy games they already paid for. Yes most of the games sucked, they were boring, badly made, cheap graphics, stupid story-line, all most all of them were copycats of each other. FPS, FPS, FPS, FPS. Ack! Enough already. Most of them were just big CGI movies too, and barely any game play. I hated almost all of the sequels that came out on PS4.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Idk, i have to agree that PS4 didn't show any good games atm yet. And im probably not getting a PS4, unless a new sequel from a franchise i love comes to PS4, then i may buy it.  But so far, PS4 isn't that impressive for me.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 arcangelgold
Didn't read. Baww somewhere else.darkspineslayer
Sorry but you're so ridiculous. You say you didn't read it and then just write a comment about how you didn't read just for attention. It's obvious these corporations have trained young boys to buy into their anti-private property anti-privacy scams.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 arcangelgold

There's an unecessary amount of crying, hyperbole, and ASSumptions in your post TC...

Lucky_Krystal
Grow up child. Please don't come into adult forums posts if you can't be adult enough to participate or write anything constructive. I'm sorry but it's really pathetic to see forums turned into trolling lots for bored kids with nothing better to do that be rude and insult everyone they encounter online. It's very ugly and sad to see.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 arcangelgold
Ok... get a Wii U then, because the next Xbox won't be any better.JustPlainLucas
I will get whatever console I want and not based on you "suggesting" rudely that I do.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 arcangelgold

Sorry dude, I tried to read that MASSIVE blog of yours but I got a ADD.:|

MarcRecon
Not surprising since kids now-a days can't read.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 arcangelgold

Can I talk to the 4 year old? he seems more mature.

GTR12
No you may not, and frankly I am very disgusted at how sick and disrespectful your generation is. I'd have had my ass kicked for ever talking to anyone online or in person with this kind of disrespect and frankly most of you guys shouldn't even be allowed to be online.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 arcangelgold

[QUOTE="wazzap76"]

yourmate

lol exact same point I stopped

So what? Who cares? If you guys want to grow up with no rights or privacy then don't be mad when they make it illegal for you to play your games without giving them your fingerprint in the future. I promise you won't be laughing then.
slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

TC can i ask what kind of games do you like? I've looked at your trophy card and read your blogs. I think you're just buying the wrong games.

Can I suggest Little Big Planet 1 & 2, Start the Party 1 & 2 and Skylanders 1 & 2 for your kids and Telltales The Walking Dead, Mass Effect, Journey and the Unfinished Swan for you.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 arcangelgold
I don't think your points were valid. Rather, they were minor in my opinion and shouldn't be deciding factors in getting the PS4. And the point about video games being too difficult and having no kids games.... I'm not sure you even know what your talking about anymore. No offense. sagejonathan
Acually I do, there are almost no games appropriate for kids. Even the ones made for kids are too complicated for the kids to play. Second privacy rights violations, property rights violations, and being spied on are NOT minor issues. I don't expect your generation to understand since they are teaching you you have no privacy, no property an that spying is ok.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 arcangelgold

i gave up reading after number 2

personally had more fun watching that video from the other guy

shads20
This post is not supposed to be fun, grow up already. It's supposed to show an alternate point of view.