Why I am NOT getting Playstation 4 unless.......

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#101 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts
I don't believe that for one minute.
arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 arcangelgold
I am amazed at how totally narrow minded people are being on this subject. I kept my PS2 and it finally died this year, but before that it chose not to play some games because it was OLD, so the whole point of BC is to extend the life of your games. I am very mad at Sony for advertising BC with PS3 then using a virus (update) to disable it. I don't believe that it would cost them anything significant to make PS4 BC I know that the whole point of not making BC is for monetary gain to make people buy their games twice.. Also no one thought of the fact people would like to play the older games in the new console for the benefits of the new systems power, RAM, and etc? Really??? You guys don't get it? The cloud is going to be a dismal failure, you will find out real quick most people won't be able to run it, and if you actually are able to, your family can expect to not be able to do anything else online while you're playing, lol. Big Fish games has gone to cloud and it's so slow and takes up so much bandwidth it can't run if anyone is doing anything else online. Keep in mind those games are minuscule compared to the ones PS4 will be offering. It will not be popular to have games that won't play. Just wait and see. There was almost no variety of games for PS3. Hardly any kids games and most of the games were to hard for kids even the ones made for them. If Sony wants women, moms and kids to add to their sales then they better listen. I don't believe anyone's 5 yo niece/nephew beat LBP in three days or less. Not for one minute. Especially when the end level is too hard for some adults to beat, and you need 2-4 players to beat most of the puzzles. The account set up for kids accounts is non-existent so you are forced to lie about the kids' ages so they can play, watch netflix etc. I think Sony is NOT a family friendly company at all.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Go play kinect with animals then if they're too hard...

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
It better not be more than $450.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I am amazed at how totally narrow minded people are being on this subject. I kept my PS2 and it finally died this year, but before that it chose not to play some games because it was OLD, so the whole point of BC is to extend the life of your games. I am very mad at Sony for advertising BC with PS3 then using a virus (update) to disable it. I don't believe that it would cost them anything significant to make PS4 BC I know that the whole point of not making BC is for monetary gain to make people buy their games twice.. Also no one thought of the fact people would like to play the older games in the new console for the benefits of the new systems power, RAM, and etc? Really??? You guys don't get it? The cloud is going to be a dismal failure, you will find out real quick most people won't be able to run it, and if you actually are able to, your family can expect to not be able to do anything else online while you're playing, lol. Big Fish games has gone to cloud and it's so slow and takes up so much bandwidth it can't run if anyone is doing anything else online. Keep in mind those games are minuscule compared to the ones PS4 will be offering. It will not be popular to have games that won't play. Just wait and see. There was almost no variety of games for PS3. Hardly any kids games and most of the games were to hard for kids even the ones made for them. If Sony wants women, moms and kids to add to their sales then they better listen. I don't believe anyone's 5 yo niece/nephew beat LBP in three days or less. Not for one minute. Especially when the end level is too hard for some adults to beat, and you need 2-4 players to beat most of the puzzles. The account set up for kids accounts is non-existent so you are forced to lie about the kids' ages so they can play, watch netflix etc. I think Sony is NOT a family friendly company at all.arcangelgold

You don't understand anythig about the tech, obviously. First off, BC PS3s STILL WORK as such - The 40g and 60g models out there which are still running still do all of that, firmware updates be-damned. It was a HARDWARE removal past the 60g models which made the PS3 non-BC, not a software or firmware update... The removal of said processors, etc., made the console significantly cheaper to produce, and for Sony, every cent counts when considering tech which they are selling at a loss for the first few years in an effort to saturate the market. Nor are updates viruses. You're a fool, parroting garbage & speculation you read in a hacker forum, or worse, crap you heard on the playground at lunch hour.

Second, the PS4 runs an entirely new architectures, it won't have the proper processor to handle previous generations. That's not being cheap, it's working on a new platform, capable of much more for FUTURE games. Including said CPUs, and such, to enable BC on a PS4 would put it at a price point which would make you rage just as hard. So be glad they didn't include it, on some level, if you are looking at one to buy.

I'm not buying into the new gen, either, but for various reasons aside from my "suspicion" that Sony is trying to turn a profit, and hating on them for it (which is just ignorance of the world, and how it goes around). Why should they continue to make stuff for people clinging to the past? That gets them nowhere on the books. If you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT. It's a pretty simple thing, unless you think your click in school will call you names because you didn't run along with the herd over a cliff you see coming. It's called thinking for yourself, and being an attentive consumer.

Third, it's not SONY'S job to RAISE YOUR KIDS. That's YOUR gig, partner. You had 'em, YOU watch 'em, and make sure they play the right stuff. Get involved in their lives, and quit asking the corporations or state to make sure they're not getting into "bad" stuff... Sony has parental locks on a PS3, SET THEM if you're so worried. They give you PLENTY of tools and information (including allowing a rating system for ALL content). For F*** SAKE. What more do you need? Big Brother?

Fourth - Quit crying about bandwidth. Just stop it. I live in a farm community, where I cannot get a hardwire to the house, and guess what? I found a company which handles hi-speed connection via antenna which can afford me SICK amounts of up-and-down speed, more than I could possibly use. We game, watch Netflix, and all that good stuff here while others are using the service, and it works perfectly, at well under $80 per month. If you don't have the service you need, odds are you haven't looked far enough or even asked your ISP if they can open the flood gate a little more. Have you bothered to ask? Or are you just assuming the answer is no?

:roll:

Get over it. Keep your old consoles, buy a refurb if it's important. But shut UP, with your don't-know-SH** attitude until you understand the subject you're bangin' on about, a little better...

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#106 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

Games have gotten a hell of a lot easier with time - Games back in the day were much more difficult.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#107 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'm getting a PS4, it's going to be amazing. Couldn't give a s*** if you don't.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 arcangelgold
And I could care less if you do get. It's up to each person/family to decide if the Ps4 is a value to their family. I won't tolerate price gouging, spying, and conversion. Also I want some more original games or at least for them to stop ruining old franchises and better children's games. The fact some of you don't have kids and don't want kids games is irrelevant since parents buy most of the consoles and games for kids. I won't pay three times to have all my kids be allowed to play one game online on their own accounts. There are serious legal issues Sony and the other game companies will have to face if they continue with their system of anti-trust, conversion and using viruses to impede on consumers' property rights.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

And I could care less if you do get. It's up to each person/family to decide if the Ps4 is a value to their family. I won't tolerate price gouging, spying, and conversion. Also I want some more original games or at least for them to stop ruining old franchises and better children's games. The fact some of you don't have kids and don't want kids games is irrelevant since parents buy most of the consoles and games for kids. I won't pay three times to have all my kids be allowed to play one game online on their own accounts. There are serious legal issues Sony and the other game companies will have to face if they continue with their system of anti-trust, conversion and using viruses to impede on consumers' property rights.arcangelgold
You really need to look up the definition of a virus. Sony checking how many active consoles you have has nothing to do with viruses. It makes it harder for people to take you seriously when you use the incorrect terminology. 

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#110 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i cant wait for PS4 i hope on the future change your option and buy PS4
Avatar image for Zero_resistance
Zero_resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 Zero_resistance
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

*Holding my stomach and can't stop laughing*

Viruses to spy on your details ROFL

TELL me then that you don't leave your house, use your credit/debit card, log into an email account....I could go on.

Spying goes on whatever you do.  Sony doesn't need "viruses" to check on what you like.

Oh and BTW

Definition of a virus

• S: (n) virus, computer virus (a software program capable of reproducing itself and usually capable of causing great harm to files or other programs on the same computer) "a true virus cannot spread to another computer without human assistance"

Do you really thing Sony would use such programmes to brick consoles and tarnish they're name just to get your information?  I THINK NOT!

Thats about as far as I read.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts
I could make a long post after reading the first post but I won't. OP is pathetic and talking bullshit, PS3 full of first person shooters? I think you're getting confused with the Xbox. Also that shit about you're kids being unable to watch Netflix or play games on the PS3 because they are too young? Some games and films have age restrictions, but you appear to have overlooked that fact. I cba to trawl through all the other posts so if anyone has already mentioned this I apologise lol.
AndreXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 AndreXY
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

"too difficult"

lol

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I see you have used your blog before, so you obviously know what it is for..MethodManFTW

No one probablly bothers reading it though so instead he posts blog posts on the forum disguised as a conversation.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
I am now dumber for having read this thread.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#117 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

:lol:.....WHO CARES!!!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#118 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I am now dumber for having read this thread.Randolph

My attention span is short, I couldn't get past the 1st paragraph:P

krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts
And I could care less if you do get. It's up to each person/family to decide if the Ps4 is a value to their family. I won't tolerate price gouging, spying, and conversion. Also I want some more original games or at least for them to stop ruining old franchises and better children's games. The fact some of you don't have kids and don't want kids games is irrelevant since parents buy most of the consoles and games for kids. I won't pay three times to have all my kids be allowed to play one game online on their own accounts. There are serious legal issues Sony and the other game companies will have to face if they continue with their system of anti-trust, conversion and using viruses to impede on consumers' property rights.arcangelgold
which specific franchises are you talking about? to be honest, I remember some old Nintendo games like battletoads being harder than any ps3 game. I don't even have a FB account, and i'm pretty sure sony will not force me to use FB just to use a ps4. The ps4 will NOT auto download games for you. I may do that, if you SET it up to do that. That option is yours. About the whole spying thing...well it might be happening, but it's not only just sony.
Supes_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Supes_24
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

LittleBigPlanet too hard? My 5 year old beat it over a weekend... O_o

InstantKlassick
Beat LBP in a weekend? Ever heard of the NFL slogan "Play 60"? Seriously, unless your 5 yo has an illness, you should take them outside more.
Supes_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Supes_24
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts
I'm a parent and you need to learn to speak for yourself when referring to other parents and their children. I buy games and consoles for me, not my kids. If I did I would use ESRB ratings to buy my kid the appropriate game to fit them. Also, the PS and Xbox are more suited for adults, that's why you see the adult themed games! Yes, there are options but the library is full of mature rated games. Use the consoles Parental Settings for Christ sakes, moron.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

And I could care less if you...arcangelgold

*SLAP!*

Sorry, it was for your own good. Wake up, no one cared back in May when this thread was started, and no one cares now.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="arcangelgold"]And I could care less if you...MonkeySpot

*SLAP!*

Sorry, it was for your own good. Wake up, no one cared back in May when this thread was started, and no one cares now.

I dunno man, this thread is pretty damn funny.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
[QUOTE="arcangelgold"]I am very unimpressed with Playstation 4 and I have decided to not to purchase it unless all of the following are changed, and they likely will not be changed but here is why I will not buy it and don't think most people should buy it: 1) The cloud service is just another scheme to drain money from players who already bought games once before. This is sheer money grubbing! The cloud is likely to cost money, probably a subscription, Even after millions of gamers said they wouldn't buy it if it wasn't backwards compatible, they still ignored the gamers. Plus with the exception of people with the fastets internet connections customers will probably not have enough bandwidth or speed to run the cloud without interruption. 2) Almost all of the games on PS3 were no good, too difficult, not fun, no games for kids, and they ruined franchise after franchise with their first person shooter OBSESSION. 3) Constant updates, many of which should have been optional, many of which made the Playstation 3's system worse, updates, upon updates, upon update and most of them forced onto us. Along with those updates came bad faith EULA's that give Sony ALL of the rights and the players NONE. So even if Sony commits a tort against you they claim you waive those rights to play your games on their netwrok. Sorry but no. These are all one-sided bad faith contracts that you are forced to ok under duress. 4) Too much spying on MY personal business. Limits on how many active Playstations I can have?!!! They have no right to even know how many I have let alone tell me how many I can have! I have four kids and three Playstations and when I pay for a game and dlc I expect my entire family to be able to use it for no additional cost and how dare they use viruses to spy on my property!!! It's not ok and gamers who grew up in the 80's understand the value of PRIVACY. They are trying to steal your privacy and get you used to them spying on you and it's NOT ok! They want you to give up your property rights and privacy in case some hacker steals from them but that won't even stop the hackers will it? Nope. 5) Games may start self downloading on what it thinks my preferences are? Um.. excuse me but no it's just another way to spam me! I don't want my hard drive bogged down with games I didn't ask for and it's none of the CLOUD's business what games I play. I guarantee it will select games I do not want. No thanks! 6) Facebook. If some people want a total life link to facebook then by all means go for it, however if it's going to be forced onto us (which is unconfirmed at this time) then NO WAYYYYYY! I'm not giving out my real name and my kids' real names to ANYONE on PSN. 7) Sign up is too complicated and involved! I want all my kids to be able to play games and watch my netflix and I should get to decide if they are old enough not Sony and not game companies and not the government!!!! I have to make fake birth dates so my kids can play with their Uncle, or friends and that's flat out ridiculous!!!! There is no reason why we cannot have sub accounts where the kids can have their own separate trophies and game files that do not require any age specification!!!! My four yo has to log into my oldest son's account to watch netflix, since I use mine in the other room!!! DUH they need to grow up and get over themselves already and get out of my business!! It shouldn't even require an email address to sing up to the network. I am also warning people that the next move is to require cell phone numbers which I REFUSE to give to anyone or any company on the net. They WILL sell your info and will send you texts and anyone without a phone will not be able to sign up! I am sick of the sign up process being like a CIA interrogation. Plus using cell numbers as verification is a serious security risk. If anyone knows your number they can easily hack your account in minutes and reset all your passwords and then steal your games and access your credit card! Please people don't give companies your numbers! So there are the reasons I refuse to buy Playstation 4.

lol...wut...
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#125 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Dare I ask WHY you keep bumping this thread?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#126 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Fine, then don't get one.

Vari3ty

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

5) Games may start self downloading on what it thinks my preferences are? arcangelgold

I don't undersand this point. 

6) Facebook. If some people want a total life link to facebook then by all means go for it, however if it's going to be forced onto us (arcangelgold

I am in agreement with you 100%! I dislike Facebook and have never had an account, so I also wish they would stop forcing it down peoples throats. Again, other companies are more guilty of this though. 

7) Sign up is too complicated and involved!arcangelgold

I don't really agree with this point, it's fairly simple and straight forward in my opinion.

DenzelFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 DenzelFreeman
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts
Idk where to start. To begin with for the exception of recent generations backwards comparability wasn't even a thought. You have just become spoiled. Two if you do not like games such as uncharted, the last or us, or infamous than you obviously are just biased. As for the cloud good luck escaping that because it is the 21st centery, xbox one has the same thing. As for privacy the Xbox has an always on kinect how does that make you feel bein watched 24/7 possibly? And xbox has the same updates and downloads. So what it sounds like is you need something like a PS2 or something even older.