What has made me loyal to SONY

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deeesi
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

I had PS1, PS2 and now own PS3. I never bought or paid too much attention to Sony product as much until PS2. But now I am really getting to be loyal with this brand because:

--Media bashing PS3 on regular basis

--So many anti PS3 comments and extraneous comparisons with other consoles

--Other console users always writing against PS3 in the forums

--Biased review against PS3

--People pushing and trying very hard to prove PS3 DOOM with twaddle points and remarks

Well keep it up it will only make more PS3 owners actually get loyal towards Sony

PS3 Rocks Future is promising with awesome releases

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
It nice to see another loyal SOny fan such as myself :)
deeesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deeesi
In 1 year people PS2 history will repeat Watch! PS3 will do even better than PS2 and ofcourse any other platform in the gaming industry
Papoose81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Papoose81
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts
I hear that, I just got mine three days ago.  With games like Metal Gear Solid 4 coming out I will stay loyal to the game
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

I had PS1, PS2 and now own PS3. I never bought or paid too much attention to Sony product as much until PS2. But now I am really getting to be loyal with this brand because:

--People pushing and trying very hard to prove PS3 DOOM with twaddle points and remarks

Well keep it up it will only make more PS3 owners actually get loyal towards Sony

deeesi
Here's two interesting articles... http://ps3.ign.com/articles/746/746589p1.htmlhttp://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/95408.shtml
0utc4st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 0utc4st
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts
So your loyal because other people don't like the system?
thejok3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 thejok3r
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Aren't you a champion, cheering the noble god-like company Sony on, because other people bash it. Next round they'll probably ship an empty box and call it ps4, and when other people are saying spooky terrible things about it, you can proudly spend your money on it, after all, what type of humans are we if we don't spend our money buying things we believe in, regardless of quality? True hero you are, and your noble Sony fanboys as well.
deeesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deeesi
empty box what LOL ur funny
spikesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spikesniper
Member since 2004 • 32 Posts
I thought it was pretty funny.. you do have REALLY stupid reasoning there.
mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts

--People pushing and trying very hard to prove PS3 DOOM with twaddle points and remarks

deeesi

I thought I was the only one with these kinds of reason.  My #1 reason why I bought the PS3 is to proove the haters wrong.  Though that doesn't mean it's my only reason. 
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
I thought it was pretty funny.. you do have REALLY stupid reasoning there.
spikesniper
Actually, deeesi is a Sony fan. Nothing wrong with that. But when the bloggers (some of them xbots), media, and xbox fanboys blow things out of proportion...well, it just fuels more Sony loyalty. Beacuse they know it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Loyal to what?!

Saying you're "loyal" cracks me up.

Like going through "Sony Marine Core", please..

I have no loyalties, I go with what I like and what works for me. That just happens to be Sony. But I'm also intrested in a Wii, but not a 360. If say, Capcom came out with a system tomorrow, and if it appealed to me, I'd get that too. You're not really impressing anybody say you're "loyal" to a company that doesn't even know you exsist, on a Gamespot message board lol You guys aren't Sony employees, so give it a rest and get a life already. Same thing applies to people "loyal" to X-Box or Nintendo.
deeesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deeesi

Comment on your get a life comment

Why are you reading this right now and thinkin of writing a reply HUH! LOL

dont be a hater man if someone is loyal to certain brand or company doesnt mean they have no life

blackmagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blackmagic123
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
AMEN!
sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
sony drops in here once in awhile to check up on you loyal fans. :D
sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

deeesi
What´s the point in being loyal to a product? What could you possibly benefit from it? Nothing... Buy it if you like it.
SumerianDaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 SumerianDaemon
Member since 2006 • 868 Posts
Theres nothing wrong in being loyal to something that offers you pleasure.... Why would you guys prefer being loyal to country or fu**ing religion that make your life miserable and always put limits to it? You re the one who are unreasonably loyal to what you believe in. SONY FOREVER!!!! RESPECT THE PLAYSTATION LEGACY!
boss130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 boss130
Member since 2003 • 516 Posts
I have always been loyal to Sony since the inital PS 1 release.  The reason for this is simple...Sony ALWAYS has the best games.  I honestly have nothing against XBOX other than the controller which I strongly dislike.  If people prefer XBOX that is certaintly within their rights.  The way I look at it is....Why would I settle for a Volkswagen when I can have a Mercedes.  Its as simple as that!
wiganath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiganath
Member since 2004 • 433 Posts
Anyone who blindly backs a company/console/polital party is an idiot. 
acegreatone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 acegreatone
Member since 2006 • 344 Posts

deeesi
for me it was twisted metal 2
thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
"People who cannot find respect in loyalty have no friends." Those are my thoughts.
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 HunAndras1984
Member since 2005 • 647 Posts
Today "loyalty" doesn't mean anything to people. Most of the people don't even know what it is. They just don't care. They do their own thing, go about their lives day by day and die without ever being loyal to anything to anyone. In my opinion you can be loyal to anything that you choose. If it's Sony Playstation that be it. It's much better then being loyal to a religion that takes all your money away for example, because from Playstation you get back to something. ( I know that 360 fanboys will say that sony is takeing your money away too but that's not true so don't even try it!) I'm loyal to Sony. Why? Because of their products. Anything that I got from sony forks fine, never had any problems and I got the most for my money. I remember back in 1997 when I got the PS1 right away I was in love with it. The first game I ever played was Jurassic Park: The Lost World. Then Tekken 2, and Tomb Raider.I Loved those games. Still have them today, infact I just playd Tomb raider 3 on my PS3 yesterday.All those good times that I spent with PS1 back in Hungary made my loyal to Sony. I played the greatest games of that time hands down. Than I got the PS2 witch was even better. Than I tought I will get an Xbox to see how is it. I sold the Xbox like a month after I got it. It was a bad system all in all. The joystick was big and the controls on all games where bad (even that Halo didn't made me to keep the Xbox). So if your saying that being loyal to Playstation is stupid.....think again. There is nothing wrong with that. If you think it is stupid than don't go bashing other peoples toughts or dreams. You will get back the same thing because your loyal to Nintendo or the 360. What comes around, goes around.  Just remember "we" the Playstation fans don't go to your forum bashing your system! So try not to behave like caveman when you come here on the PS3 forum. People are loyal to Playstation because it has a great legacy and it has a great next-gen system yet again.
striker2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 striker2k3
Member since 2003 • 582 Posts
It nice to see another loyal SOny fan such as myself :)americahellyeah
LOL HIP HIP HURAY for sony fans! I love my Sony Playstation consoles!!
striker2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 striker2k3
Member since 2003 • 582 Posts
[QUOTE="deeesi"]

gizmo_logix
Here's two interesting articles... http://ps3.ign.com/articles/746/746589p1.htmlhttp://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/features/95408.shtml

well ya since PS2 is way better than xbox and gamecube.... where have you been? MARS?  what they DON'T get is that PS3 can play PS AND PS2 games :P
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts
im not loyal to any company. imho a company has to earn my business. if im not impressed then my wallet stays shut. im loyal to people and friends certainly...but to companies? no way.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

--People pushing and trying very hard to prove PS3 DOOM with twaddle points and remarks

deeesi
I didn't read all the other posts in this thread, but its funny.. I thought I was the only one that thought like this. I have more or less always been a subtle Sony fan, but since I caught wind of the PS3, I've turned into a full-blown SONY fan. And like I have been saying for a while, the more these xbots and other fanboys talk bad about the PS3, the more I want to support SONY and their products. As we all know, generally when the big kids team up on the little kid, the little kid always gets revenge. MS and Ninty are just making themselves look worse and worse by all the slander. Maybe I'm not saying that right, cause its 5:30 AM, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, I agree with the OP.
o0HAPPY0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 o0HAPPY0o
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts
In 1 year people PS2 history will repeat Watch! PS3 will do even better than PS2 and ofcourse any other platform in the gaming industrydeeesi
PS2 history? did you forget that the Ps2 had 18 months head start on xbox back then, now MS is in the same position Sony was then, but does anybody ever give that any thought? Back then it was all about which console had more games, thats what people wanted and this gen is no different! like it or not, the ps3 will always be behind, this is a fact... i guess its okay to dream though.
o0HAPPY0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 o0HAPPY0o
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2075806,00.asp
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
there is only one reason i am loyal to sony is there games. they gave me the great ps 1 and 2 games now the future is what in looking forward to. the games and there studios are i hell of a game makers.
RVHJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RVHJR
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
[QUOTE="deeesi"]In 1 year people PS2 history will repeat Watch! PS3 will do even better than PS2 and ofcourse any other platform in the gaming industryo0HAPPY0o
PS2 history? did you forget that the Ps2 had 18 months head start on xbox back then, now MS is in the same position Sony was then, but does anybody ever give that any thought? Back then it was all about which console had more games, thats what people wanted and this gen is no different! like it or not, the ps3 will always be behind, this is a fact... i guess its okay to dream though.

So 8.5 million units sold after 15 months is impossible for ps3 to exceed?
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
sony drops in here once in awhile to check up on you loyal fans. :D sxs_alex
That they do. I wish Square would drop onto the internet and see what true fans of there FF series think of it now. I onced was loyal to square, now no more. My memories remain in the classic games they created :P
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 chubear700
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts
Aren't you a champion, cheering the noble god-like company Sony on, because other people bash it. Next round they'll probably ship an empty box and call it ps4, and when other people are saying spooky terrible things about it, you can proudly spend your money on it, after all, what type of humans are we if we don't spend our money buying things we believe in, regardless of quality? True hero you are, and your noble Sony fanboys as well. thejok3r
wow, live in lala land much? LOL
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 chubear700
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts
[QUOTE="deeesi"]In 1 year people PS2 history will repeat Watch! PS3 will do even better than PS2 and ofcourse any other platform in the gaming industryo0HAPPY0o

Haha! I'm sorry it's never been about which console has more games. It's always been about which console has more QUALITY games and seeing as how the PS2 had both more games and more quality games to boot, it was the hands down winner... now watch what the PS3 is about to do.
armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#34 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts

deeesi
This is a good statement and should be sent I too have all of their consoles and my loyalty to them is unquestionable at this time. Even if in some slight, remote, obscure, alternate universe where PS3 failed Id still be grateful to the brand for all te good games and memories Ive had thanks to them. What makes me loyal to them....? Good games plain and simple. In their whole time they have not been beaten in terms of killer games until now. This is just because they came out later then the other two systems. I like my 360..but.........I Love My PS3.
raualex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 raualex
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
I'm with sony because they've time after time after time delivered and pushed the envelope on gaming and domestic technology and accessability. And even more so continue to surpass and improve current situations in the markets :) Call me crazy but I think that console gaming would be as lost witout sony as it would've been without Nintendo in the ninties. That said, it doesn't mean that they're not a money loving company like everyone else in the market. But Sony still pokes my "ideallistic" (call it naive) nerve. Kinda like what Square does.. *blush*
kaz78689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kaz78689
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i might buy a ps3 in about two years time when the price goes way down and retailers stop stocking ps2 games
Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts

I've used sony products for almost 22 years now, not once they failed me.

armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#38 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts
Loyal to what?!

Saying you're "loyal" cracks me up.

Like going through "Sony Marine Core", please..

I have no loyalties, I go with what I like and what works for me. That just happens to be Sony. But I'm also intrested in a Wii, but not a 360. If say, Capcom came out with a system tomorrow, and if it appealed to me, I'd get that too. You're not really impressing anybody say you're "loyal" to a company that doesn't even know you exsist, on a Gamespot message board lol You guys aren't Sony employees, so give it a rest and get a life already. Same thing applies to people "loyal" to X-Box or Nintendo.
Denji
You are wrong in your approach I think. Todays society suffers from your way of thinking to be loyal is not a bad thing. To be loyal means you support and affirm something based on your belief in it. Im sure your loyal to something or someone why bash someone else because what they are loyal to happens to be a huge conglomorate corp like Sony. If your loyal to those other brands and even if your not its really about your choice. I think a lot of gamers here hate on Sony cause they know its past success and FEAR their future success so by bashing it they believe it will be a selfufilling prophecy. Well its not this isnt SEGA which was the only major company to bail out of gaming (sure you could say Atari but come one not many of us still own their systems anyway) So ease up on the OP's Loyalty Im just glad to see someone say their loyal to something it shows values. There nothing wrong with that. Drive on Sony fans Drive on!!!
MarvelMan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MarvelMan55
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
Im loyal to sony because they make the best Hardware Entertainment devices, SONY is synonmous to quality for me. Microsoft hasnt made a quality hardware in its life, why should i buy 360 when they fail so often? No thanks...SONY for me.
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
Wow, that's a childish reason to like something (liking something cause others dislike it). To me the only reason to like a console is, believe it or not, cause you like the games.
nosedive51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nosedive51
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
People who are loyal to a brand name are dumb. I like video games. Bottom line. I like Apple computers but I would happy to buy a brand new Windows machine to sit next to my Mac.
MarvelMan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MarvelMan55
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
People who are loyal to a brand name are dumb. I like video games. Bottom line. I like Apple computers but I would happy to buy a brand new Windows machine to sit next to my Mac.nosedive51
Well your dumb for not being loyal to QUALITY brands. People are loyal to things for a reason, because they love what that person or brand gives them. Sony gives gamers the best in television, music, film, games, so people are loyal.
ForlonHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 ForlonHope
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
Ive had a PS1 (ps1 regular and slim) Ps2 (ps2 regular and slim) and PS3 Never had any problems from the console at all (the way it came from the factory) unless I opened it up and screwed around with it. Their library of games have always outdone EVERY console it has been up against. They brought the RPG genre mainstream (to some people bad, to some good but they did bring in a lot of titles to america from japan) They have NEVER released a console where its preceeding console had a feature that was taken out then priced to its consumer. Whenevr they release consoles, they add features, they dont take it out from the previous than charge u extra to get it back. Sony has always been the silent killer, where everything in the start is just calm and basic and all of a sudden a wave of a multitude of games and features are unveiled. Sony doesn't heavily go out of it's way to market the hell out of their console to "sugarcoat" it to the point that it is better than what it is. People are just jealous of others who have a PS3 cause they won't buy one till the price drop.
Stryder_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Stryder_18
Member since 2004 • 942 Posts

So what's it going to be loyalty to your company, or loyalty to yourself? Game consoles are fickle they change with the times. LoL. Man I can't wait for MGS4!!

Stryder_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Stryder_18

someone forgot to take their pills this morning. :P

Stryder_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Stryder_18
Oh by the way what's up with conkersman and putting things in asses. Think there is something going on there. :P
redhot311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 redhot311
I love people who truly believe the PS3 is going to sell like crazy, 75 million by 2010 i believe was Sony's expectancy.  R u kidding me?????  I work in the industry, we have had 15, i repeat 15 ps3's, 60s and 20s in the back room since a week before Christmas!!!!  Local best buys have even more!!!!!!  The nintendo wii?  Where is it, oh wait nowhere to be found and I literally get 20 phone calls and people coming in everday asking when our next shipment is.  An impulse buy?  I think not, an impulse buy isn't something that sells millions of units extending beyond holidays.  Impulse buy is like a stupid Tickle Me Elmo extreme that only lasts till Christmas then is pointless.  Oh ya, and just to further Sony's demise, i believe the PSP is absolutely destroying them while Nintendo is making a fortune off of the DS Lite, which oh way, We can;t keep those on the shelves either!!!!!  imagine that,  geez Nintendo didn;t even need to make the wii 
redhot311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 redhot311
also about the games for Sony, they have a ton of games but half of them suck, and I'm sorry if i don;t like playing as little japanese children in a video game, I would rather play Gears of War or something sweet.  Sry for all you anime losers out there.  And ps3 is not showing any good exclusive games yet, Assassins creed?  GTA 4?  RE5?  oh wait they will be on 360 the same day!!  why then would i pay more for a ps3?  And Xbox live?  Is the greatest online experience to date for games, and sony will never match it, i would pay 50 anyday for a years worth of 10x more fun gaming
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts

deeesi
That makes a lot of sense, I'm loyal to Sony & PS3 cuz everyone is against it & bashing it. Sounds like good reasoning for being loyal to anything to me. Let's see, I think I will be Loyal to FORD & only own & Explorer since everyone bashed it for having tires that explode. Get Real.