What has made me loyal to SONY

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

I had PS1, PS2 and now own PS3. I never bought or paid too much attention to Sony product as much until PS2. But now I am really getting to be loyal with this brand because:

--Media bashing PS3 on regular basis

--So many anti PS3 comments and extraneous comparisons with other consoles

--Other console users always writing against PS3 in the forums

--Biased review against PS3

--People pushing and trying very hard to prove PS3 DOOM with twaddle points and remarks

Well keep it up it will only make more PS3 owners actually get loyal towards Sony

PS3 Rocks Future is promising with awesome releases

deeesi

You're loyal to Sony because everyone's being more and more negative to them?  Alright, I'm a sony fan too, but pretty much only playstation.  If you get too loyal you'll be like those crazy people where every electronic device they have at home all has the word sony on it.

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts
I have always been loyal to Sony since the inital PS 1 release.  The reason for this is simple...Sony ALWAYS has the best games.  I honestly have nothing against XBOX other than the controller which I strongly dislike.  If people prefer XBOX that is certaintly within their rights.  The way I look at it is....Why would I settle for a Volkswagen when I can have a Mercedes.  Its as simple as that!boss130
Question is, why did you settle for the Volkswagen. I mean you obviously passed on the Mercedes (360). Just kidding, I knew I get someone riled with that comment.
mikkois

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 mikkois
Member since 2004 • 146 Posts
I have a sony walkman manufactured in 1923 and it still runs like a mo**erf*cker!
drdavewatford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 drdavewatford
Member since 2004 • 210 Posts
The PS3 thread entitled "Why ?" discusses why people are unhappy with Sony, and it's got nothing to do with "Fanboyism", jealousy or similar and everything to do with their attitude to the customer and worsening quality control.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 RaptorVenom
[QUOTE="ForlonHope"]Ive had a PS1 (ps1 regular and slim) Ps2 (ps2 regular and slim) and PS3 Never had any problems from the console at all (the way it came from the factory) unless I opened it up and screwed around with it. Their library of games have always outdone EVERY console it has been up against. They brought the RPG genre mainstream (to some people bad, to some good but they did bring in a lot of titles to america from japan) They have NEVER released a console where its preceeding console had a feature that was taken out then priced to its consumer. Whenevr they release consoles, they add features, they dont take it out from the previous than charge u extra to get it back. Sony has always been the silent killer, where everything in the start is just calm and basic and all of a sudden a wave of a multitude of games and features are unveiled. Sony doesn't heavily go out of it's way to market the hell out of their console to "sugarcoat" it to the point that it is better than what it is. People are just jealous of others who have a PS3 cause they won't buy one till the price drop.

Hmm, let's see, they removed Rumble from controller, oh wait, that can't be true, you said they don't take features out. As far as LIBRARY OF GAMES is concerned, quantity is not as important as quality, any system can release thousand of games, but who cares if they aren't any good.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RaptorVenom
I have a sony walkman manufactured in 1923 and it still runs like a mo**erf*cker!mikkois
Time to upgrade, what's this thing you call "walkman"?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I would never give my loyalty to a company.
MarvelMan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MarvelMan55
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
I would never give my loyalty to a company. BioShockOwnz
You give it up to Microsoft every day of your life dont you?
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts
I own all three next gen systems and have no loyalty to any of them.  I'm in it for the games.  At the current moment my 360 is tops with me because it's giving me the games I want.  I'm sure this will change over time when the PS3 gets more exclusives out. 

I find it funny how paranoid some of you are about the conspiracy against the PS3.  Any time someone says something bad about it, it's from an "X-bot", "troll" or "hater".  Maybe it could just be that someone is unhappy with a system they paid $600 for and has very few games at the moment while other systems get amazing stuff early? 

Wow, that would be a novel idea. 
Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
Brand loyalty would be considered similar to sports team loyalties.  People lean more towards what they either like, or what they are accustomed too.  Nothing wrong with that.  As was stated earlier, Sony's well known for alot of their products lifespans.  Whether one chooses to believe it or not.  There is nothing wrong with preferring one brand over another.
MarvelMan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MarvelMan55
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
Sony is a Hardware Company. Microsoft is a faulty hardware company. Im loyal to the quality Hardware Co.
ForlonHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 ForlonHope
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
[QUOTE="RaptorVenom"][QUOTE="ForlonHope"]Ive had a PS1 (ps1 regular and slim) Ps2 (ps2 regular and slim) and PS3 Never had any problems from the console at all (the way it came from the factory) unless I opened it up and screwed around with it. Their library of games have always outdone EVERY console it has been up against. They brought the RPG genre mainstream (to some people bad, to some good but they did bring in a lot of titles to america from japan) They have NEVER released a console where its preceeding console had a feature that was taken out then priced to its consumer. Whenevr they release consoles, they add features, they dont take it out from the previous than charge u extra to get it back. Sony has always been the silent killer, where everything in the start is just calm and basic and all of a sudden a wave of a multitude of games and features are unveiled. Sony doesn't heavily go out of it's way to market the hell out of their console to "sugarcoat" it to the point that it is better than what it is. People are just jealous of others who have a PS3 cause they won't buy one till the price drop.

Hmm, let's see, they removed Rumble from controller, oh wait, that can't be true, you said they don't take features out. As far as LIBRARY OF GAMES is concerned, quantity is not as important as quality, any system can release thousand of games, but who cares if they aren't any good.

QUality over quantity. its what you pay for is what you get. you can clearly see that with the ps2 and ps3. the ps2's library of games have a varied selection that can appeal to the young gamer, hardcore gamer, the beginner gamer, etc etc compared to its counterparts that seem to specifically cater to one genre or group. ***The rumble feature was taken out due to copyright/patent BUT they took it out. They took it out and didnt bring it back and made us pay for it I.E. M$ and the hard drive. $100 for 20GB HD and soon more money for an even bigger hard drive that should've been there in the beginning, no way. You NEED a memory unit or HD to play online, backwards compatibility, or save your profile. It is a necessity to have yet M$ has taken it out the feature of a built in HD and made it external, great, but they charge us. It seems they have became backwards next generation engineering rather than forwards. Sony took out the rumble feature completely. They didnt bring it back to charge their gamers/consumers to use it in the PS3 which is better than what the others have done. They aren't as money hungry as the competition.
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 darkangel_78589
To the poster above my previous post....That's fine.  But, what some of us see as a problem, is why complain about it?  What are we supposed to do?  Fix it for them?  I mean, come on.  You either get the patience to wait for newer things to come for it, or simply return it, and get your money back.  But, it seems as if people enjoy more complaining about things, rather than doing something about it.  If one isn't happy with their product, they can always return it.  It's as simple as that.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#64 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I am loyal to game developers far more than hardware manufacturers. I think a lot of 'loyal' people are that way and don't even know it.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
That's so true. The whole reason that I've been on the PS3 forums is because of all the anti ps3 comments and the trolls. All it's really doing is making me become more loyal to sony and makes me hate MS fans more than before.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 RaptorVenom
[QUOTE="ForlonHope"][QUOTE="RaptorVenom"][QUOTE="ForlonHope"]Ive had a PS1 (ps1 regular and slim) Ps2 (ps2 regular and slim) and PS3 Never had any problems from the console at all (the way it came from the factory) unless I opened it up and screwed around with it. Their library of games have always outdone EVERY console it has been up against. They brought the RPG genre mainstream (to some people bad, to some good but they did bring in a lot of titles to america from japan) They have NEVER released a console where its preceeding console had a feature that was taken out then priced to its consumer. Whenevr they release consoles, they add features, they dont take it out from the previous than charge u extra to get it back. Sony has always been the silent killer, where everything in the start is just calm and basic and all of a sudden a wave of a multitude of games and features are unveiled. Sony doesn't heavily go out of it's way to market the hell out of their console to "sugarcoat" it to the point that it is better than what it is. People are just jealous of others who have a PS3 cause they won't buy one till the price drop.

QUality over quantity. its what you pay for is what you get. you can clearly see that with the ps2 and ps3. the ps2's library of games have a varied selection that can appeal to the young gamer, hardcore gamer, the beginner gamer, etc etc compared to its counterparts that seem to specifically cater to one genre or group. ***The rumble feature was taken out due to copyright/patent BUT they took it out. They took it out and didnt bring it back and made us pay for it I.E. M$ and the hard drive. $100 for 20GB HD and soon more money for an even bigger hard drive that should've been there in the beginning, no way. You NEED a memory unit or HD to play online, backwards compatibility, or save your profile. It is a necessity to have yet M$ has taken it out the feature of a built in HD and made it external, great, but they charge us. It seems they have became backwards next generation engineering rather than forwards. Sony took out the rumble feature completely. They didnt bring it back to charge their gamers/consumers to use it in the PS3 which is better than what the others have done. They aren't as money hungry as the competition.

Just wait, rumle will come to the PS3 & U will be charged for it. Does anyone else realize the once a battery in a PS3 controller goes bad, you have to buy a new controller, rather than replace the battery. Brilliant. Sony obviously wasn't thinking about money there.
standcm12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 standcm12
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
i use to be a sony fan, then someone offered me a 360 for $200 and couldn't refuse. its great, the online experience is perfect. i just dont see the PSN living up to live with any amount of network updates, especially since developers can choose not to use the unified buddy list.. in the end, i'm glad i switched sides =D
ForlonHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ForlonHope
[QUOTE="RaptorVenom"][QUOTE="ForlonHope"][QUOTE="RaptorVenom"][QUOTE="ForlonHope"]Ive had a PS1 (ps1 regular and slim) Ps2 (ps2 regular and slim) and PS3 Never had any problems from the console at all (the way it came from the factory) unless I opened it up and screwed around with it. Their library of games have always outdone EVERY console it has been up against. They brought the RPG genre mainstream (to some people bad, to some good but they did bring in a lot of titles to america from japan) They have NEVER released a console where its preceeding console had a feature that was taken out then priced to its consumer. Whenevr they release consoles, they add features, they dont take it out from the previous than charge u extra to get it back. Sony has always been the silent killer, where everything in the start is just calm and basic and all of a sudden a wave of a multitude of games and features are unveiled. Sony doesn't heavily go out of it's way to market the hell out of their console to "sugarcoat" it to the point that it is better than what it is. People are just jealous of others who have a PS3 cause they won't buy one till the price drop.

Just wait, rumle will come to the PS3 & U will be charged for it. Does anyone else realize the once a battery in a PS3 controller goes bad, you have to buy a new controller, rather than replace the battery. Brilliant. Sony obviously wasn't thinking about money there.

Sony fought the company and LOST the lawsuit for Rumble. It is highly unlikely they will use rumble because the company will charge Sony due to their actions. The Li-On battery is replaceable by Sony. You jsut call them up and ship it out to them. I removed my Li-On battery on my controller and there is a number there. My battery hasn't run out yet but i jsut wanted to take a gander (the ps3 manual has a guide to how to disassemble the ps3 controller so u can send them the battery, u basically unscrew 6 screws then detach the battery, not hard).
Stryder_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 Stryder_18
Member since 2004 • 942 Posts
I think the big question we all need to ask ourselves here is why are xbots in the PS3 forums?............................ Honestly I have no clue.
Stryder_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Stryder_18
Member since 2004 • 942 Posts
Oh yeah the battery in the controller can be replaced, in the manual it tells you how to replace them, and you can just get the batteries at Wal-Mart or where ever. Looks like you did your homework on that one lol. :P
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
Sony is the best because they win and they win big at that and why do something stupid like purchase another system when sony has yet to lose in the videogame business. 
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
Lems and people that are anti-Sony are such total deush bags. Sony has always just made great consoles and had great games on their systems. These people have obviously been hipnotised with the green x. Totally rediculous, obserde, and unfounded behavior just for the sake of it by them. They make me want to not own an xbox because they don't know how to live and let live.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
I am loyal to game developers far more than hardware manufacturers. I think a lot of 'loyal' people are that way and don't even know it. donalbane
Thats the way it should be. Makes me laugh when people say they love Sony coz of FF, MGS & GTA. Yes its great for Sony to create space for these games and give them awareness but the developers deserve the praise.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
Lems and people that are anti-Sony are such total deush bags. Sony has always just made great consoles and had great games on their systems. These people have obviously been hipnotised with the green x. Totally rediculous, obserde, and unfounded behavior just for the sake of it by them. They make me want to not own an xbox because they don't know how to live and let live. casey7672
Don't hate all 360 owners. I remember a time when I bought my Xbox and all the adopters of Xbox were slaughtered by Xbox hating idiots. The thing is all those idiots who bashed the console that they didnt own most likely own a 360 now and bash the PS3. I think these fools most likely follow the crowds or the playgrounds and have no individulaity. It's like a total reversal of fortunes and bashing now between MS/Sony... I actually feel sympathy towards initial PS3 adopters as all the bashing is rather unfair as PS3 will eventually be a great console. both 360 and PS3 are lovely beauties with enough individuality to prosper and push each other. I love my 360 and I hate all these 360 fanboys who were not around as much during the Xbx's short life span. They need to get a life and stop bashing the PS3. Once the PS3 is popular though watch most switch.
feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 feel_freetwo
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
[QUOTE="RaptorVenom"] Just wait, rumle will come to the PS3 & U will be charged for it. Does anyone else realize the once a battery in a PS3 controller goes bad, you have to buy a new controller, rather than replace the battery. Brilliant. Sony obviously wasn't thinking about money there.

well first off you have to buy batteries for the xbox360 controller. also, how about the day when you ran out of battries , and its gloomy outside???? at least with a ps3 you always have a backup. the ps3 has a much better system. besides you can take them out and change them.
i use to be a sony fan, then someone offered me a 360 for $200 and couldn't refuse. its great, the online experience is perfect. i just dont see the PSN living up to live with any amount of network updates, especially since developers can choose not to use the unified buddy list.. in the end, i'm glad i switched sides =Dstandcm12
xbox does rock.....but sadly the games dont. viva pinata is th only game whcih has brought me back to the old days where i would have school work piling up and i wouldnt sleep till 2 in the morning.....happened alot with tekken 3. but aside from that the xbox has done a pretty awful job. offering a abundance of fps games, and aside from gears of war, and call of duty there is little to reconmend. as form the online......nice online, sure. but the fact remains developers arnet really using it. take dead rising. for those who dont have HD, the text is unreadable. and for me and only got to the first boss before the frustration of trying to read the text before it vanished got to me, and i threw the game disc at a old lady passing by. shame, seemed a awesome idea. the point being a simple update couldnt of fixxed that for us SD TV users. although theres one question.......why are you here? by swicht side, you clearly are a moronic fanboy who believes in loyalty to a company who couldnt give two ****s abotu you. so why go on a forum of your "opposing" team?
NuttyBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 NuttyBanana
Member since 2005 • 327 Posts
you stand by sony like it's your girlfriend. You give them money and they give you a product. Why act like such a hobo that humps the box the ps3 comes in each night? You don't have a relationship with sony, it's a company. this has to be one of the lamest topics i've read in a long time.
VonGak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 VonGak
Member since 2003 • 15399 Posts
Why all this brand loyalty? :? Instead of being dedicated to a brand one should do some reasearch and then base one's decisions on the outcome. I personally follow the exclusive titles and the background of the exclusive developers. Do people also vote blindly on a person because he claim to come from the same political party or do they first look at his policy?
feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 feel_freetwo
you stand by sony like it's your girlfriend. You give them money and they give you a product. Why act like such a hobo that humps the box the ps3 comes in each night? You don't have a relationship with sony, it's a company. this has to be one of the lamest topics i've read in a long time.NuttyBanana
go to system wars , and you shall be overwhelmed by the loyalty of these morons. a xbox owners goes as far to support HD-DVD. to say that windows is the best OS, agaisnt all educated opinion. and i dont get how he can say hes loyal to sony? he never mentions another sony product. wheres his walkman, wheres the sony HD TV, wheres the movies only produced by sony. your not loyal at all....shame on you.
feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 feel_freetwo
[QUOTE="VonGak"]Why all this brand loyalty? :? Instead of being dedicated to a brand one should do some reasearch and then base one's decisions on the outcome. I personally follow the exclusive titles and the background of the exclusive developers. Do people also vote blindly on a person because he claim to come from the same political party or do they first look at his policy?

in america its religion people base there political views on.
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
As a gamer since I was a young laid I have followed Sony from the PS1 to now. Every system that came out had some issues from developers to media about one thing or another. Even though all that they always seemed to be ahead of the curve. The PS3 was made before its time and it seems like the media and fanboys can't see what Sony is trying to do. History itself should be a good indication of Sony's plan. This system isn't suppose to last a year or two, but was made for the next 5-10 years(just like the PS2). If you are a gamer I do not see how one can lose faith in a company that brought two great systems prior that at the time was considered high in price and way off par with the gaming world but turned out to change the direction of gaming.

I am a fan of gaming first, but also a fan of Sony for what it has done for the gaming world. So, on that note I believe that the PS3 will be a great system(well it already is, but with prove it in the upcoming year)and will be another success to the gaming world once again. I am a hugh fan of Sony, Nintendo as well as Microsoft but it looks like Sony has done its homework and prepared for whats to come and not for what has been and we will see the effect of that sooner or later.

PSN:Meeks32
mrb45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81 mrb45
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts
           I own and regularly play my PS2. But I hardly play my PS3 at all. Im not a loyal fan of any system. Ive been playing games since the Atari 2600 and im telling you Sony needs to get there head out of there @sses if they are going to continue in the game industry. Two reasons I say this. With the success of Online first person shooters and MMO rpgs they had better do a hell of alot better with the online aspect of there system. Sony has never really considered Online as a threat and it shows.In the PS3 it almost seems like an afterthought. And the Second reason Is Lackluster games and A lack of original IPs. How many Devil May Crys and Metal Gears are they going to push out until they finally Come up with some new gaming properties. They need more original third party games that aren't port overs from other systems. Call of duty 3 Played and looked better on the Xbox 360. The only reason Im saying any of this is because Sony use to be known for its Quality and I loved their product in the past but Im staring  at my PS3 and I have no desire to turn it on. At least they patched the backward compatibility problem so God of War 2 will look halfway decent.
wiljas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 wiljas
Member since 2003 • 1132 Posts

I am loyal to sony because they make good consoles that they plan to have last for a long time. PS2 is such a strong console even 7 years after it launched. I don't think that and console to date has really had that long of a dominant life cycle. the great thing is that PS2 is still going to be strong for another year or two before it goes into the back burner behind the PS3 and the other next gen consoles. PS3 although people like to find things to complain about is built with the same intentions. The system is solid the way it's built. You don't have to Mod it to upgrade it's hard drive to a larger size and the although people complain that it has a blu-ray now in 5 years it will be a great benafit to everyone that has a PS3 because you will be seeing very large next gen games by that time.

Game Loyalty is another thing. Sony has alot game studios that make great games exclusivly for the Playstation brand. and you get a great variety also. not just one type of game that shines but multipule types.

But Also Not to just be loyal to the Playstaion name but Also the Sony Product line. Sure they are more expensive for TVs and so on. But how many people if they had the choise would choose another brand over a Sony TV? Sony makes alot of high end quality products. There are alot of other high quality products out there but with sony your not just paying for the name either.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I would never give my loyalty to a company. MarvelMan55
You give it up to Microsoft every day of your life dont you?

Nope.
fuman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 fuman3
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
AMEN BROTHER!!  So much media bashing is pissing me off!  I think its a great system. Ive even had a few people  get rid of there 360 to purchase a PS3.  Its worth the money. Im so sick of people saying its too much or not worth the money.  Even the media. gamespot and IGN are the worst for this.  Some companies are owned or tied to Microsft such as IGN and probably Gamespot so there going to bash PS3 and favor 360.  So theres not many titles but hey we dont have as much time as gamespot editors to play games so the 6 games that i have are going fine.  I havent even played some of them yet and i had them for about 2 months now.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

AMEN BROTHER!!  So much media bashing is pissing me off!  I think its a great system. Ive even had a few people  get rid of there 360 to purchase a PS3.  Its worth the money. Im so sick of people saying its too much or not worth the money.  Even the media. gamespot and IGN are the worst for this.  Some companies are owned or tied to Microsft such as IGN and probably Gamespot so there going to bash PS3 and favor 360.  So theres not many titles but hey we dont have as much time as gamespot editors to play games so the 6 games that i have are going fine.  I havent even played some of them yet and i had them for about 2 months now.fuman3

Oh yes anyone that bashes the PS3 or isn't kind when speaking about it is owned my MS. You fanboys really crack me up.

feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 feel_freetwo
Sony is a Hardware Company. Microsoft is a faulty hardware company. Im loyal to the quality Hardware Co.MarvelMan55
microsoft are a faulty SOFTWARE company. they only dabble in hardware. and i stress, my mockery of microsoft does not stem from the system wars, it stems form the much more important and even more ludicrous OS wars.
Avatar image for Watch_Me_Xplode
Watch_Me_Xplode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#87 Watch_Me_Xplode
Member since 2005 • 8049 Posts
PS3 is worth the price, and I don't regret my purchase, not for a moment. I'll never give up on Sony, they've always made the games I wanted to play, and still do.
boss130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#88 boss130
Member since 2003 • 516 Posts
Hey everyone....REDHOT311 works in the industry so he must be an expert. What the hell do you know? You have made two posts which tells me that your fanboyism has gotten you kicked off this forum at some time. Your ranting makes almost no sense when you bash the PS3 and our boards. Didnt you ever take a writing class in school? Generally if you want to make a point without sounding blatanly one sided you need to show both sides of the coin. Sony may have said that they "expect" to sell 75 million units by 2010. Think about that.....this is 3 full years away. Big companies like Sony have analyst who are paid good money who factor information that you are not privy to in their forecasts. If they are wrong it will not be by much....Sony is a worldwide platform that has established itself as the gaming system to beat based on their past systems. For you to make this statement after only a few months proves your naivity on not only the PS3 but the gaming world in general. You say that your store has 15 PS3 in the back room...How do we not know that you dont live in Wyoming? I find your statement hard to believe in the first place, but to gereralize that YOUR store is the pulse of the gaming universe is assanine. I would also like to know how you know that your local Best Buy has more. I know mine doesnt...they are never their and if they are it is one or two. Do fanboys like yourself have nothing better to do that parouse the local stores to count PS3's. I am going to give you some basic business info that you need to reflect on before you try to bash our forums again. Have you ever thought that the Wii is outselling the PS3 because it is $400 cheaper? I own a PS3 because I paid for it myself and I can afford such a system. Your negativity of the PS3 could have something to do with the fact that you would have to work 3 months at GS without any bills to buy it. Most people just cannot afford a $700.00 system (games...wires etc.) This is not to mention having a HDTV. I know if I was 14 and I asked my parents for a system that would cost almost a grand....they would laugh in my face. This is the reason why the Wii is so desirable.....it cant be because of the games (other than Zelda). Nintendo was smart to market itself to a younger audience especially after the gamecube fiasco. Sony was wrong in saying that the Wii is an impulse buy...they are wrong! It is comparive to dreaming of buying a 50 in plasma but having to "settle" for a Visio. PS3 is for the hardcore gamers...not the little tykes that will break their fancy little motion controllers and then outgrow their technological inferior game system. People will tire of the lame games that Nintendo puts out with the exception of some of the old favorites that they keep on pumping out. You do make one decent point about the PSP. I am personally not impressed with it and I have played it numerous times. That being said the reasoning behind that is the same as what i have stated above. PRICE! The DS Lite is priced to sell....the PSP is not! Secondly...who wants to watch movies on that small screen. Nintendo may be making a fortune on the DS but I would personally have no interest in playing stupid games with "Japaneese Children" like you claim is on PS games. Do you even game at all? Isnt that the only thing out on Nintendo? What ticks me off the most about your incoherient and worthless post is that you are one of those fools who work "in the industry". Its losers like you that make me want to only shop at Best Buy or Circuit City so that I dont have listen to you geeks bash our system. Remember Rome was not built in a day.....The PS3 will succeed....whereas your 360 will be out of date and replaced by the 720 just to keep pace with Sony....
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 darkangel_78589
           I own and regularly play my PS2. But I hardly play my PS3 at all. Im not a loyal fan of any system. Ive been playing games since the Atari 2600 and im telling you Sony needs to get there head out of there @sses if they are going to continue in the game industry. Two reasons I say this. With the success of Online first person shooters and MMO rpgs they had better do a hell of alot better with the online aspect of there system. Sony has never really considered Online as a threat and it shows.In the PS3 it almost seems like an afterthought. And the Second reason Is Lackluster games and A lack of original IPs. How many Devil May Crys and Metal Gears are they going to push out until they finally Come up with some new gaming properties. They need more original third party games that aren't port overs from other systems. Call of duty 3 Played and looked better on the Xbox 360. The only reason Im saying any of this is because Sony use to be known for its Quality and I loved their product in the past but Im staring  at my PS3 and I have no desire to turn it on. At least they patched the backward compatibility problem so God of War 2 will look halfway decent.mrb45
See...This is the kind of logic I could never bring myself to understand. On your later part of you post, you put the blame on Sony for the lack of games out on the market, at the moment? Wow...Just wow....I was under the impression that Sony only brought forth the platform in which these aforementioned games would be played on. I never knew they made Devil May, Cry...I thought that was Capcom...I never knew that Sony made Metal Gear, I thought that was Konami.....Just wow....You know, going by that logic, I can understant the frustration. But, in all honoesty, that disappointment is misplaced.
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 HunAndras1984
Member since 2005 • 647 Posts

[QUOTE="mrb45"]           I own and regularly play my PS2. But I hardly play my PS3 at all. Im not a loyal fan of any system. Ive been playing games since the Atari 2600 and im telling you Sony needs to get there head out of there @sses if they are going to continue in the game industry. Two reasons I say this. With the success of Online first person shooters and MMO rpgs they had better do a hell of alot better with the online aspect of there system. Sony has never really considered Online as a threat and it shows.In the PS3 it almost seems like an afterthought. And the Second reason Is Lackluster games and A lack of original IPs. How many Devil May Crys and Metal Gears are they going to push out until they finally Come up with some new gaming properties. They need more original third party games that aren't port overs from other systems. Call of duty 3 Played and looked better on the Xbox 360. The only reason Im saying any of this is because Sony use to be known for its Quality and I loved their product in the past but Im staring  at my PS3 and I have no desire to turn it on. At least they patched the backward compatibility problem so God of War 2 will look halfway decent.darkangel_78589
See...This is the kind of logic I could never bring myself to understand. On your later part of you post, you put the blame on Sony for the lack of games out on the market, at the moment? Wow...Just wow....I was under the impression that Sony only brought forth the platform in which these aforementioned games would be played on. I never knew they made Devil May, Cry...I thought that was Capcom...I never knew that Sony made Metal Gear, I thought that was Konami.....Just wow....You know, going by that logic, I can understant the frustration. But, in all honoesty, that disappointment is misplaced.

But Microsoft made Gears of War and Halo 3 right?? Stop this foolishness!!:D

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 RaptorVenom
I think the big question we all need to ask ourselves here is why are xbots in the PS3 forums?............................ Honestly I have no clue.Stryder_18
Cuz this Xbot has a PS3. I just am not so blindly loyal to it as the rest of you are. Constantly bashing XBOX to make yourselves feel better.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 RaptorVenom
Oh yeah the battery in the controller can be replaced, in the manual it tells you how to replace them, and you can just get the batteries at Wal-Mart or where ever. Looks like you did your homework on that one lol. :PStryder_18
The manual describes how to get the battery out for recycling, didn't see anything about sending in anything for a replacement, or about buying a replacement.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 RaptorVenom
Sony is the best because they win and they win big at that and why do something stupid like purchase another system when sony has yet to lose in the videogame business.  odin2019
First time for everything.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 RaptorVenom
[QUOTE="feel_freetwo"][QUOTE="RaptorVenom"] Just wait, rumle will come to the PS3 & U will be charged for it. Does anyone else realize the once a battery in a PS3 controller goes bad, you have to buy a new controller, rather than replace the battery. Brilliant. Sony obviously wasn't thinking about money there.

well first off you have to buy batteries for the xbox360 controller. also, how about the day when you ran out of battries , and its gloomy outside???? Uh! How bout you plug it in and charge it, duh! Ur pop in some AA's if ya got'em, or if it's such a problem, get a wired controller.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
yo mom.
ForlonHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ForlonHope

[QUOTE="darkangel_78589"][QUOTE="mrb45"] I own and regularly play my PS2. But I hardly play my PS3 at all. Im not a loyal fan of any system. Ive been playing games since the Atari 2600 and im telling you Sony needs to get there head out of there @sses if they are going to continue in the game industry. Two reasons I say this. With the success of Online first person shooters and MMO rpgs they had better do a hell of alot better with the online aspect of there system. Sony has never really considered Online as a threat and it shows.In the PS3 it almost seems like an afterthought. And the Second reason Is Lackluster games and A lack of original IPs. How many Devil May Crys and Metal Gears are they going to push out until they finally Come up with some new gaming properties. They need more original third party games that aren't port overs from other systems. Call of duty 3 Played and looked better on the Xbox 360. The only reason Im saying any of this is because Sony use to be known for its Quality and I loved their product in the past but Im staring at my PS3 and I have no desire to turn it on. At least they patched the backward compatibility problem so God of War 2 will look halfway decent.HunAndras1984

See...This is the kind of logic I could never bring myself to understand. On your later part of you post, you put the blame on Sony for the lack of games out on the market, at the moment? Wow...Just wow....I was under the impression that Sony only brought forth the platform in which these aforementioned games would be played on. I never knew they made Devil May, Cry...I thought that was Capcom...I never knew that Sony made Metal Gear, I thought that was Konami.....Just wow....You know, going by that logic, I can understant the frustration. But, in all honoesty, that disappointment is misplaced.

But Microsoft made Gears of War and Halo 3 right?? Stop this foolishness!!:D

GoW = Epic Halo 3 = Bungie M$ only overlooks it.
ForlonHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ForlonHope
[QUOTE="RaptorVenom"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"][QUOTE="RaptorVenom"] Just wait, rumle will come to the PS3 & U will be charged for it. Does anyone else realize the once a battery in a PS3 controller goes bad, you have to buy a new controller, rather than replace the battery. Brilliant. Sony obviously wasn't thinking about money there.

well first off you have to buy batteries for the xbox360 controller. also, how about the day when you ran out of battries , and its gloomy outside???? Uh! How bout you plug it in and charge it, duh! Ur pop in some AA's if ya got'em, or if it's such a problem, get a wired controller.

u just quoted yourself. u have to BUY batteries and/or the plug and play charge. all of that is already in the PS3. and if you call Sony, they will replace the Li-On battery when it expires (which wont be for more than a year). there ya go/
Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts

*paints face like braveheart*

FOR SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lazeaai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lazeaai
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts

I had PS1, PS2 and now own PS3. I never bought or paid too much attention to Sony product as much until PS2. But now I am really getting to be loyal with this brand because:

--Media bashing PS3 on regular basis

--So many anti PS3 comments and extraneous comparisons with other consoles

--Other console users always writing against PS3 in the forums

--Biased review against PS3

--People pushing and trying very hard to prove PS3 DOOM with twaddle points and remarks

Well keep it up it will only make more PS3 owners actually get loyal towards Sony

PS3 Rocks Future is promising with awesome releases

deeesi

High 5 man!

I have PS1 PS2 PSP and now PS3 and i wouldn't have it anyother way.

creamsauce17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 creamsauce17
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
why would u even say somthing as stupid as being loyal to a company. especialy a video game company!!!!!!

why not just buy all 3 consoles its not that much money. a 360 will cost like 7 ps3 games so just hold off buying 7 games for a bit and a wii would cost like 4 ps3 games... not so bad when you put it that way. but i guess if ur on welfare and to lazy to get even a minimum wage paying job then i can see why you only have 1 system.

sony, ms, and nintendo DONT care about you one bit and if you buy all 3 then they will make better games and gamers win.