The PS3 Recommendations Thread-What game should I get? V.2-56k Warning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1801 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
im kinda iffy on R&C...not sure why. just am lol i remember seeing heavenly sword awhile ago and it seemed good. is that true?
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1802 starwarsjunky
the other ones you both mentioned look good too :) thanks
MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1803 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

Is it just me or do I prefer to buy multiplats rather than exclusives. I dunno why. Everytime i look at an exclusive i see a multiplat im mroe interested in.

Yeah only one i have interest in atm is Heavenly Sword. whats the price for it now? i still see it at $60 on many websites and no stores near me so i cant just go out and look so yea

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1804 starwarsjunky

Is it just me or do I prefer to buy multiplats rather than exclusives. I dunno why. Everytime i look at an exclusive i see a multiplat im mroe interested in.

Yeah only one i have interest in atm is Heavenly Sword. whats the price for it now? i still see it at $60 on many websites and no stores near me so i cant just go out and look so yea

MassiveKaos
i just looked on amazon and its 57. pretty much the same. theyve been really good pricewise so i think thats probably about what it is everywhere
MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1805 MassiveKaos

[QUOTE="MassiveKaos"]

starwarsjunky

i just looked on amazon and its 57. pretty much the same. theyve been really good pricewise so i think thats probably about what it is everywhere

Damn. Sony really need to lower the prices of their exclusievs after theve been out for a while. Why was it that from the time resistance: fall of man came out in 2006 it was $60 (didnt even drop to $50 wow) until July/August of 2008. And now Heavenly Sword & Uncharted coming out in 2007 and were half wway through 2009 and their both still $60 Thats insane!

Why would i want to buy Heavenly Sword and Uncharted for $120 when i could get

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $20

Bioshock - $30

The Orange Box - $20 (Especially if you never played Half Life 2)

Burnout Paradise - $20

Assassins Creed - $20

Devil May Cry 4 - $30

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - $20

Dead Space - $40

Battlefield Bad Company - $20

The Darkness - $10

Eternal Sonata - $30

Far Cry 2 - $30

Mirrors Edge - $30

Army of Two - $20

Just to name a few cheap, great games. the last few being released not too long agoand insert alot more interesting high scoring games plus other half decent games that one may show interest in playing. You could get up to 6 good games that got equal or more praise review wise and are more recent!

Everytime i want to buy an exclusives i see a better combination of two $30 games or 3 $20 games that i would rather buy. I tell myself i wouldnt mind waiting until the price drops instead of buying day one but THEY ARENT!

Comeon Sony...

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1806 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

im kinda iffy on R&C...not sure why. just am lol i remember seeing heavenly sword awhile ago and it seemed good. is that true?starwarsjunky
with heavenly sword I say rent it, it's very short and I dunno why it's so pricey in America you can pick it up for like 8 poundin the U.K

waleedsmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1807 waleedsmz
Member since 2009 • 145 Posts

MAG looks awesome!!!! Building off of where CoD and other games left off in the online aspect!!! Althought i gotta admit i have my concerns about getting 256 people together in an online game and how many games would there be at a time... There should be a setting that if you cant get enough people together, they start a game with less people.

Kirby is developed by HAL but published by Nintendo..... Not sure who its owned by.... sorry though.... And it hasnt been confirmed if they are developing a new game.

PooplusJ22
how are people with low connectivity gonna play? ! it's just impossible to play with 255 players at the same time without lagging... IMPOSSIBLE.. I guess the game would have a very big faliure
Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1808 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

[QUOTE="PooplusJ22"]

MAG looks awesome!!!! Building off of where CoD and other games left off in the online aspect!!! Althought i gotta admit i have my concerns about getting 256 people together in an online game and how many games would there be at a time... There should be a setting that if you cant get enough people together, they start a game with less people.

Kirby is developed by HAL but published by Nintendo..... Not sure who its owned by.... sorry though.... And it hasnt been confirmed if they are developing a new game.

waleedsmz

how are people with low connectivity gonna play? ! it's just impossible to play with 255 players at the same time without lagging... IMPOSSIBLE.. I guess the game would have a very big faliure

the battlefields are gonna be huge, meaning only around 10 enemies or less will be within view at a time. So all of the other enemies don't need to give you all information from their servers, just a where they are in the battlefield. So you PS3 will only fully load around 30 peoples full information at a time, if that makes sense.

GamingMaster62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1809 GamingMaster62
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
The Game I recommend is Dynasty Warriors 6 empires a very good game action and strategy
giantfan982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1810 giantfan982
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts
Thinking about grabbing KZ2 and SFIV in the immediate future. Any alternatives I should consider instead of one or the other? Primarily, I would prefer something with a lively online community.
waleedsmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1811 waleedsmz

[QUOTE="waleedsmz"][QUOTE="PooplusJ22"]

Cody13_2012

the battlefields are gonna be huge, meaning only around 10 enemies or less will be within view at a time. So all of the other enemies don't need to give you all information from their servers, just a where they are in the battlefield. So you PS3 will only fully load around 30 peoples full information at a time, if that makes sense.

are you saying that 30 people won't lag???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1812 deactivated-59506133570df

[QUOTE="Cody13_2012"]

waleedsmz

are you saying that 30 people won't lag???

have you played KZ2 or SOCOM? They are 32 player and I've never had a problem with lag.

xTriviumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1813 xTriviumx
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts

Thinking about grabbing KZ2 and SFIV in the immediate future. Any alternatives I should consider instead of one or the other? Primarily, I would prefer something with a lively online community.giantfan982

The whole series is way to repetative and button-mashing

On another note, I just got my ps3 back and i have 3 games

Infamous

Metal Gear 4

Resistance 2

I've beaten all of them and I was wondering if there are any other good shooters, the only other one on this list i would consider getting would be Killzone 2, but it looks basically like Resistance.

xTriviumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1814 xTriviumx
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts

[QUOTE="giantfan982"]Thinking about grabbing KZ2 and SFIV in the immediate future. Any alternatives I should consider instead of one or the other? Primarily, I would prefer something with a lively online community.xTriviumx

The whole series is way to repetative and button-mashing

Infamous

Metal Gear 4

Resistance 2

I've beaten all of them and I was wondering if there are any other good shooters, the only other one on this list i would consider getting would be Killzone 2, but it looks basically like Resistance.

Apparently I quoted the wrong guy, i was trying to quote the guy suggesting Dynasty Warriors 6, don't mind the other quote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1815 deactivated-59506133570df

Infamous

Metal Gear 4

Resistance 2

xTriviumx

Killzone 2 is very good. So is Call of Duty 4 and Unreal Tournament 3. Bioshock is one of my favorite games this gen, you should also check it out.

Takuzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1816 Takuzi
Member since 2009 • 251 Posts

Any mind giving my suggestions? Should I pick up inFamous, RE5, or SF4?

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1817 MassiveKaos

Takuzi

Everyones been saying inFamous is very short and not worth $60 so not that. Eitehr Resident Evil 4 or Street Fighter 4 depending on what kind of game you feel like playing right now and resident evil 5 has easy trophies and a kinda easy plat if your into that.

Any good cheap games for $30 or less that has trophies? Had inetrest in oblivion but the trophy thing is taking over. Its what had me acctually playing killzone 2 since i wasnt so happy about it at first and now i love it. I Have burnout paradise, dont like battlefield demo, and im getting Bioshock so those are out

Stormer77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1818 Stormer77

[QUOTE="Takuzi"]

MassiveKaos

Everyones been saying inFamous is very short and not worth $60 so not that. Eitehr Resident Evil 4 or Street Fighter 4 depending on what kind of game you feel like playing right now and resident evil 5 has easy trophies and a kinda easy plat if your into that.

Any good cheap games for $30 or less that has trophies? Had inetrest in oblivion but the trophy thing is taking over. Its what had me acctually playing killzone 2 since i wasnt so happy about it at first and now i love it. I Have burnout paradise, dont like battlefield demo, and im getting Bioshock so those are out

A game under $30 with trophies is Super Stardust HD, I feel that it is overlooked, It's an awesome game with a few trophies, it can be bought with all expansions for $15 in the Playstation Store.

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1819 MassiveKaos

[QUOTE="MassiveKaos"]

[QUOTE="Takuzi"]

Stormer77

A game under $30 with trophies is Super Stardust HD, I feel that it is overlooked, It's an awesome game with a few trophies, it can be bought with all expansions for $15 in the Playstation Store.

I meant disc based regular games. I would buy psn games but my credit card keeps getting rejected so. Anyone else?

waleedsmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1820 waleedsmz

Takuzi
RE5 all the way. It's one of the best games out there. The online co-op makes the experience even more fun. And there are plenty of things to do once you beat the game!
crusadeonacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1821 crusadeonacid
Member since 2008 • 495 Posts

Takuzi

I would definitely say RE5. I like inFAMOUS a lot, but it doesn't compare to RE5. Great campaign, multiplayer, bonus features, unlockables, and generally speaking, it kicks ***.

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1822 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

Takuzi

Go for inFamous.

R0rschach-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1823 R0rschach-
Member since 2009 • 1482 Posts

[QUOTE="Takuzi"]

smithster118

Go for inFamous.

RE5.

inFAMOUS is a good game. However, you could easily beat the game in two playthroughs as good and bad respectively. Took me about 3 days to do so. Now i dont even touch inFAMOUS anymore.

RE5 on the other hand, is just as good. Except it has online co-op, and several other game concepts like Mercenaries Mode, and Versus. Oh, and the online is very addicting. Lots to do. Trust me. It MAY not be appealing at first (like for me), but just give it some time, and it'll be one of the best games you've ever played

Actually, give both of them a rent before you buy one. But yeah, i still say get RE5

waleedsmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1824 waleedsmz

[QUOTE="smithster118"]

[QUOTE="Takuzi"]

R0rschach-

Go for inFamous.

RE5.

inFAMOUS is a good game. However, you could easily beat the game in two playthroughs as good and bad respectively. Took me about 3 days to do so. Now i dont even touch inFAMOUS anymore.

RE5 on the other hand, is just as good. Except it has online co-op, and several other game concepts like Mercenaries Mode, and Versus. Oh, and the online is very addicting. Lots to do. Trust me. It MAY not be appealing at first (like for me), but just give it some time, and it'll be one of the best games you've ever played

Actually, give both of them a rent before you buy one. But yeah, i still say get RE5

that's what I'm talkin about :P :D... You're totally right
H0LLAT1P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1825 H0LLAT1P
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

Takuzi

Id have to go with Resident Evil 5, and Street Fighter IV on this.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1826 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

ok i'm in abit of a pickle, i want blazblue but its £60 about 90-100$ i think so thats pricey but seems very good (limited edition one) an alternative is fight night round 4, overlord 2 (not fully excited for it), transformers 2 (seems decent), harry potter (some reviews were good even so i say it looks ok) and finally i don't know if i should try to get demons soul on ebay as europe ain't got a release date yet i heard. same situation with blazblue so out of all of these games what one should i get thanks.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1827 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

[QUOTE="Takuzi"]

H0LLAT1P

Id have to go with Resident Evil 5, and Street Fighter IV on this.

Infamous all the way, RE5 is really meh
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1828 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
I'm getting a PS3 within a week and I have money to buy ANY 2 games out of the following list, I really can't decide: 1- CoD4 (I already finished it on my xbox but I wanna prestige again and it a real fun waste of time) 2- Killzone 2 3- Resistance 2 4- Burnout Paradise 5- Metal Gear Solid 4 6- SOCOM 7- Bioshock 8- BF:BC I'd prefer something with a really good online to keep me going till modern warfare 2. Any help is really appreciated.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1829 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="Maqda7"]I'm getting a PS3 within a week and I have money to buy ANY 2 games out of the following list, I really can't decide: 1- CoD4 (I already finished it on my xbox but I wanna prestige again and it a real fun waste of time) 2- Killzone 2 3- Resistance 2 4- Burnout Paradise 5- Metal Gear Solid 4 6- SOCOM 7- Bioshock 8- BF:BC I'd prefer something with a really good online to keep me going till modern warfare 2. Any help is really appreciated.

MGS4 and either KZ2, Resistance 2 or Bioshock. I guess if you want good online that eliminates Bioshock though.
giantfan982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1830 giantfan982
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts
Bioshock was a pretty neat game. May have to play through it again at some point!
crusadeonacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1831 crusadeonacid
Member since 2008 • 495 Posts

I'm getting a PS3 within a week and I have money to buy ANY 2 games out of the following list, I really can't decide: 1- CoD4 (I already finished it on my xbox but I wanna prestige again and it a real fun waste of time) 2- Killzone 2 3- Resistance 2 4- Burnout Paradise 5- Metal Gear Solid 4 6- SOCOM 7- Bioshock 8- BF:BC I'd prefer something with a really good online to keep me going till modern warfare 2. Any help is really appreciated. Maqda7

Bioshock does not have online, but it is still a must buy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1832 deactivated-59506133570df

I'm getting a PS3 within a week and I have money to buy ANY 2 games out of the following list, I really can't decide: 1- CoD4 (I already finished it on my xbox but I wanna prestige again and it a real fun waste of time) 2- Killzone 2 3- Resistance 2 4- Burnout Paradise 5- Metal Gear Solid 4 6- SOCOM 7- Bioshock 8- BF:BC I'd prefer something with a really good online to keep me going till modern warfare 2. Any help is really appreciated. Maqda7

Killzone 2 and Bioshock. Paradise is really fun too. I would stay away from SOCOM, it doesn't make for a good online game.

kingofkingz25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1833 kingofkingz25
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i have a ps3 and i am wondering should i get Infamous, or prototype

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1834 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

[QUOTE="Stormer77"]

[QUOTE="MassiveKaos"] Everyones been saying inFamous is very short and not worth $60 so not that. Eitehr Resident Evil 4 or Street Fighter 4 depending on what kind of game you feel like playing right now and resident evil 5 has easy trophies and a kinda easy plat if your into that.

MassiveKaos

I meant disc based regular games. I would buy psn games but my credit card keeps getting rejected so. Anyone else?

Burnout Paradise has alot of easy trophies and its $20 bucks

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1835 Ipik_Fenris

i have a ps3 and i am wondering should i get Infamous, or prototype

kingofkingz25

inFAMOUS is way better. Prototype gets repetitive aka the incredible hulk + blood

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1836 MassiveKaos

[QUOTE="MassiveKaos"]

[QUOTE="Stormer77"]

Ipik_Fenris

I said i ahd burnoput paradise in the first post which is in the quote...

Guessing there arent any?

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1837 Ipik_Fenris

[QUOTE="Ipik_Fenris"]

[QUOTE="MassiveKaos"]I meant disc based regular games. I would buy psn games but my credit card keeps getting rejected so. Anyone else?

MassiveKaos

what about Warhawk ?? 20 bucks, AMAZING online and really active and addictive :P

Mokajing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1838 Mokajing
Member since 2009 • 283 Posts

Hello i was wondering what games i still need. Keep in mind i can only play Teen and E games,

I own

1. Uncharte
  2. Mirrors Edge
  3. Warhawk
  4. InFamous
  5. SF4
  6. LBP
  7. and BFBC

Use to own PoP so dont mention it

Also i own every good PSN game. I own like 30 of those games and im picking up BF 1943

So even petty bad games like in the 7.0, can anyone make a list of games i should get

I dont like sports games and no GT 5 Pro.

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1839 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

Hello i was wondering what games i still need. Keep in mind i can only play Teen and E games,

I own

1. Uncharte
  2. Mirrors Edge
  3. Warhawk
  4. InFamous
  5. SF4
  6. LBP
  7. and BFBC

Also i own every good PSN game. I own like 30 of those games and im picking up BF 1943

So even petty bad games like in the 7.0, can anyone make a list of games i should get

Mokajing

off the top of my head these games come to mind.

Heavenly Sword

Valkyria Chronicles

Ratchet & Clank Future

BlazBlue

Folklore

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1840 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

[QUOTE="Mokajing"]

I own

1. Uncharte
  2. Mirrors Edge
  3. Warhawk
  4. InFamous
  5. SF4
  6. LBP
  7. and BFBC

paperdollparade

off the top of my head these games come to mind.

Heavenly Sword

Valkyria Chronicles

Ratchet & Clank Future

BlazBlue

Folklore

That seems like a reasonable list to me.

In-Flamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1841 In-Flamez
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

[QUOTE="MassiveKaos"]

[QUOTE="Ipik_Fenris"]

Ipik_Fenris

what about Warhawk ?? 20 bucks, AMAZING online and really active and addictive :P

its 30 again
R0rschach-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1842 R0rschach-

[QUOTE="Ipik_Fenris"]

[QUOTE="MassiveKaos"]I said i ahd burnoput paradise in the first post which is in the quote...

In-Flamez

its 30 again

Warhawk.. is not that good.

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1843 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

[QUOTE="In-Flamez"][QUOTE="Ipik_Fenris"]

R0rschach-

its 30 again

That's a lie. Almost clocked up 200 hours on it so far. :P

R0rschach-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1844 R0rschach-

[QUOTE="R0rschach-"]

[QUOTE="In-Flamez"] its 30 againsmithster118

That's a lie. Almost clocked up 200 hours on it so far. :P

Yeah, well i'm part of the minority that detests Warhawk. Lol i never even was able to pass the tutorials, if you believe that... :P

Ultra-Dms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1845 Ultra-Dms
Member since 2009 • 72 Posts

Hi . So im getting 1 game that calls " Midnight Club:LA " should i get it or not ? Pls Tell Me .

R0rschach-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1846 R0rschach-

Hi . So im getting 1 game that calls " Midnight Club:LA " should i get it or not ? Pls Tell Me .

Ultra-Dms

Its a pretty good game. I liked it. But thats only cuz i liked racing games. I seroiusly didn't know what Gamespot was talking about when they said it was "hard". But yeah, if you REALLY like racing games like i do, then its perfect.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1847 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

ok i'm in abit of a pickle, i want blazblue but its £60 about 90-100$ i think so thats pricey but seems very good (limited edition one) an alternative is fight night round 4, overlord 2 (not fully excited for it), transformers 2 (seems decent), harry potter (some reviews were good even so i say it looks ok) and finally i don't know if i should try to get demons soul on ebay as europe ain't got a release date yet i heard. same situation with blazblue so out of all of these games what one should i get thanks.

shadowkiller11
well anyone?
R0rschach-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1848 R0rschach-

[QUOTE="shadowkiller11"]

shadowkiller11

well anyone?

Demons Soul and Blazblue are the only respectable titles out of all those games you've just named.

If you enjoy awesome story-driven RPG's, i'd say Demons Soul is good. Blazblue is a decent looking fighting game. Its a spiritual successor to Guilty Gear, so if you enjoyed those games back on the PS2, then get BlazBlue first.

-icu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1849 -icu

I really can't decide between:

1. Far Cry 2

I'm sure I'd love Far Cry 2, because I loved Fallout 3 and they're both sandox games with amazing graphs. But people often say it sucks, so I dunno... :/

2. Saints Row 2

Then we have Saints Row 2. It sounds nice. Many "sidequests" and more things to do than in GTA IV. And there's a co-op story mode. The game sounds kinda nice. I've heard many crazy things of it. :-)

3. Littlebigplanet

You love this game 0% or 100%. I'm not sure if I'd like it or not, because there isn't any demo I could try. I didn't like the MGS4 demo though it is the Game of the Year.

4. Motorstorm 2.

I like the graphs and I dont own any racing game yet and this looks nice. But people often say it sucks.

Which 2 should I get?

Shabbath

I'd say that if you've got people to play with, LBP is the way to go. It'll get dry pretty fast if it's just you though, I think. Not sure about the others but don't believe what a reviewer tells you alone. If you love your sandbox gaming, try out Far Cry 2 and see for yourself. Otherwise, get something like Prototype or Infamous.

Mclovin02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1850 Mclovin02
Member since 2008 • 406 Posts

Finnally Gonna Get a Ps3 Which game should i get InFAMOUS Littlebigplanet or Killzone 2?