The Official LA Noire CASE OPEN Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

I'm sure it'll be great, but I'm still gonna wait for reviews to see if the story is any good. The facial technology is a unique and stunning gameplay implementation!

ExoticAnimal

I guarentee you its going to have a 90% rating or higher on metacritic. All I'm waiting for is that announcement for multiplayer.

I feel this game as good as it looks can go either way, I don't see it getting good reviews it will either get GREAT review/scores or mediocre. I am still excited about it and NO I don't want any Multiplayer implementation, I feel it will kill the mood the devs are going for. Co-op maybe but multiplayer in a detective game? No thanks.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#52 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

I'm sure it'll be great, but I'm still gonna wait for reviews to see if the story is any good. The facial technology is a unique and stunning gameplay implementation!

ExoticAnimal

I guarentee you its going to have a 90% rating or higher on metacritic. All I'm waiting for is that announcement for multiplayer.

I'm not really interested in multiplayer so hopefully the single player is just nigh on perfect.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#53 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Swift_Boss_A

I feel this game as good as it looks can go either way, I don't see it getting good reviews it will either get GREAT review/scores or mediocre. I am still excited about it and NO I don't want any Multiplayer implementation, I feel it will kill the mood the devs are going for. Co-op maybe but multiplayer in a detective game? No thanks.

I believe they will.. This is R* we are talking about it.. and I want it... There could be a "Who Killed Who" Mode :P
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

Young_Charter

I believe they will.. This is R* we are talking about it.. and I want it... There could be a "Who Killed Who" Mode :P

I was thinking that not too long ago. I was thinking have a 5 vs 5 team where each team can set up certain crimes and plant evidence and whatnot and after a 10-15 minute period, have the teams go into the crime scene and try and guess who the killer was. Only one person is desinated as killer and if you guess wrong, you are penalized. Of course there would be something more detailed than my explaination but I think that would be awesome.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Swift_Boss_A
I believe they will.. This is R* we are talking about it.. and I want it... There could be a "Who Killed Who" Mode :P Young_Charter
Yeah and there's 16 player detectives all ready to crack the case lol. BTW the game is developed by new studio and not Rockstar, they are just publishing the game while Team Bondi are developing it. Rockstar could of course push the devs to add multiplayer but I rather they stick to the SP and perfect it. There are hardly any detective games and Team Bondi need to spend all their time to actually make the player feel like a detective, more important then MP.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I believe they will.. This is R* we are talking about it.. and I want it... There could be a "Who Killed Who" Mode :P Swift_Boss_A
Yeah and there's 16 player detectives all ready to crack the case lol. BTW the game is developed by new studio and not Rockstar, they are just publishing the game while Team Bondi are developing it. Rockstar could of course push the devs to add multiplayer but I rather they stick to the SP and perfect it. There are hardly any detective games and Team Bondi need to spend all their time to actually make the player feel like a detective, more important then MP.

You are right, but whats wrong with extra game modes ?
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]I feel this game as good as it looks can go either way, I don't see it getting good reviews it will either get GREAT review/scores or mediocre. I am still excited about it and NO I don't want any Multiplayer implementation, I feel it will kill the mood the devs are going for. Co-op maybe but multiplayer in a detective game? No thanks.ExoticAnimal

I was thinking that not too long ago. I was thinking have a 5 vs 5 team where each team can set up certain crimes and plant evidence and whatnot and after a 10-15 minute period, have the teams go into the crime scene and try and guess who the killer was. Only one person is desinated as killer and if you guess wrong, you are penalized. Of course there would be something more detailed than my explaination but I think that would be awesome.

Hopefully they put in a "Undead Mystery" :lol: it'll be more Resident Evil like.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Swift_Boss_A
You are right, but whats wrong with extra game modes ?Young_Charter
Extra modes Im fine with but online modes no. But then again Im not the developer lol so who knows Rockstar may actually get the team to add MP detective missions. It sounds good on paper but I feel it will get dull and boring soon, you know a group of players versus another group to try and find the culprit player and then the two teams have to catch him first...... Actually that sounds pretty bad ass, lol.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]You are right, but whats wrong with extra game modes ?Swift_Boss_A
Extra modes Im fine with but online modes no. But then again Im not the developer lol so who knows Rockstar may actually get the team to add MP detective missions. It sounds good on paper but I feel it will get dull and boring soon, you know a group of players versus another group to try and find the culprit player and then the two teams have to catch him first...... Actually that sounds pretty bad ass, lol.

lol lets email it to R* now ! :P
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ExoticAnimal

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]You are right, but whats wrong with extra game modes ?Young_Charter

Have fun doing that. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did reveal some sort of online component later this month or next.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]Extra modes Im fine with but online modes no. But then again Im not the developer lol so who knows Rockstar may actually get the team to add MP detective missions. It sounds good on paper but I feel it will get dull and boring soon, you know a group of players versus another group to try and find the culprit player and then the two teams have to catch him first...... Actually that sounds pretty bad ass, lol.ExoticAnimal

Have fun doing that. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did reveal some sort of online component later this month or next.

lol :lol: they wont bother haha
evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 evil_angel74
Member since 2007 • 988 Posts
As cool as some of those multiplayer ideas sound, I would rather Team Bondi focused on getting the single-player perfect. No bugs, no glitches, no wrinkles (except, of course, for the wonderfully recreated wrinkles on the faces in game). I was thinking about some sort of "Whodunnit?" kinda thing for other game modes though. Kinda like the dress up murder mystery things you hear about/see on tv. Or a cops and robbers mode. No idea how they would work or if they would be any good, but oh well.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Young_Charter
As cool as some of those multiplayer ideas sound, I would rather Team Bondi focused on getting the single-player perfect. No bugs, no glitches, no wrinkles (except, of course, for the wonderfully recreated wrinkles on the faces in game). I was thinking about some sort of "Whodunnit?" kinda thing for other game modes though. Kinda like the dress up murder mystery things you hear about/see on tv. Or a cops and robbers mode. No idea how they would work or if they would be any good, but oh well. evil_angel74
Whodunnit is a classic... A Clue would be fun :P but They could have a mode where it'll be like who could solve the most clues on time. E.Angel, Do you have Saints Row 2 ?
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ExoticAnimal

As cool as some of those multiplayer ideas sound, I would rather Team Bondi focused on getting the single-player perfect. No bugs, no glitches, no wrinkles (except, of course, for the wonderfully recreated wrinkles on the faces in game). I was thinking about some sort of "Whodunnit?" kinda thing for other game modes though. Kinda like the dress up murder mystery things you hear about/see on tv. Or a cops and robbers mode. No idea how they would work or if they would be any good, but oh well. evil_angel74

Oh I totally agree. I am a huge single player gamer but online is a nice feature to have. Sandbox games always have glitches so don't expect it to be perfect. It's just the nature of the genre.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="evil_angel74"]As cool as some of those multiplayer ideas sound, I would rather Team Bondi focused on getting the single-player perfect. No bugs, no glitches, no wrinkles (except, of course, for the wonderfully recreated wrinkles on the faces in game). I was thinking about some sort of "Whodunnit?" kinda thing for other game modes though. Kinda like the dress up murder mystery things you hear about/see on tv. Or a cops and robbers mode. No idea how they would work or if they would be any good, but oh well. ExoticAnimal

Oh I totally agree. I am a huge single player gamer but online is a nice feature to have. Sandbox games always have glitches so don't expect it to be perfect. It's just the nature of the genre.

yuppp
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

lol lets email it to R* now ! :P Young_Charter

I have a hard time imagining any online possiblities for LA Noire.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Young_Charter

Tetrarch9

Seriously ? This is Rockstar ! lol

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#68 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] lol :lol: they wont bother hahaYoung_Charter

Nah, I read somewhere it's single player only.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"] I have a hard time imagining any online possiblities for LA Noire.JasonDarksavior

Need proof hombre. . 8)
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 JasonDarksavior

[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Seriously ? This is Rockstar ! lol

Young_Charter

Need proof hombre. . 8)

Honestly can't be bothered to find the article. But believe it or not that's what I read and MP in a game like LA Noire seems out of place.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"] Nah, I read somewhere it's single player only. JasonDarksavior

Need proof hombre. . 8)

Honestly can't be bothered to find the article. But believe it or not that's what I read and MP in a game like LA Noire seems out of place.

We might have to place a bet on this. . lol
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 JasonDarksavior
[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Need proof hombre. . 8) Young_Charter

Hehe!
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"]

JasonDarksavior

Hehe!

See ? Your loosing already :P

evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 evil_angel74

[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"]

[QUOTE="evil_angel74"]As cool as some of those multiplayer ideas sound, I would rather Team Bondi focused on getting the single-player perfect. No bugs, no glitches, no wrinkles (except, of course, for the wonderfully recreated wrinkles on the faces in game). I was thinking about some sort of "Whodunnit?" kinda thing for other game modes though. Kinda like the dress up murder mystery things you hear about/see on tv. Or a cops and robbers mode. No idea how they would work or if they would be any good, but oh well. Young_Charter

yuppp

Yeah I know. I don't really expect it to be completely bug free, I can dream though. If they made something really unique I could get into an online mode for this. And YC nah I don't have SR2 sorry.

How bout I get this betting underway, YC bets $50 that LA Noire has an online mode, Jason bets $50 it doesn't. All bets will be generously donated to the Evil_Angel Charity of Fun. Anyone else wanna make a bet? :D

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Young_Charter

evil_angel74

yuppp

Yeah I know. I don't really expect it to be completely bug free, I can dream though. If they made something really unique I could get into an online mode for this. And YC nah I don't have SR2 sorry.

How bout I get this betting underway, YC bets $50 that LA Noire has an online mode, Jason bets $50 it doesn't. All bets will be generously donated to the Evil_Angel Charity of Fun. Anyone else wanna make a bet? :D

Whoever wins gets to kill you... That's Epic. :)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
rockstar rules one of the best games this year for me
evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 evil_angel74

[QUOTE="evil_angel74"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] yupppYoung_Charter

Oh...umm...killl me...well..I am to please ;)

Oh and psst CTR360, it's Team Bondi. And that goes to all the rest of ye filthy scallywags, it's Team Bondi that be making this hear masterpiece. So remember that, lest ye walk the plank! Yarrgggh... :?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

[QUOTE="evil_angel74"]

evil_angel74

Oh...umm...killl me...well..I am to please ;)

Oh and psst CTR360, it's Team Bondi. And that goes to all the rest of ye filthy scallywags, it's Team Bondi that be making this hear masterpiece. So remember that, lest ye walk the plank! Yarrgggh... :?

We know this maaaaan.. 8)

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ExoticAnimal

No multiplayer confirmed. Take a look at this questions and answers article.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Young_Charter

:( :( :( "@R* is there multiplayer in L.A. Noire? or just single player?" - ghostcheez There will be no multiplayer component of L.A. Noire – the combination of innovative technology and unique gameplay that allow you to solve crimes through interrogations and investigation is really one that's geared entirely for a single-player experience. Trust us that this is a game unlike any you've played before – very different not only for us here at Rockstar but for videogames as a medium. Bolting on generic multiplayer on top of that would not make much sense, or be a good use of our time or development budget! Hope this clears up any confusion. We thought this would be spelt out in some of last week's previews, but as it wasn't, we felt we should clarify ourselves.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Glad there is no MP... I want Team Bondi to spend all their time on the campaign... What pre-order bonus you guys planning on getting? I think the Walmart one or whichever the Naked Vice mission is...
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ExoticAnimal

Glad there is no MP... I want Team Bondi to spend all their time on the campaign... What pre-order bonus you guys planning on getting? I think the Walmart one or whichever the Naked Vice mission is...MethodManFTW

I'm not sure but I'd probably go with Amazon because it comes with a $10 gift card if I remember correctly. I do remember reading somewhere that all the pre-order dlc will be available on the PSN store at some point so if you didn't get a certain DLC, you could always download it from the PSN store. Dunno if it's going to be free or not. I'm just kinda disappointed that there is no sort of multiplayer mode but I can live without it.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Young_Charter
I will get the Gamestop DLC. They have the most interesting..
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ExoticAnimal

I will get the Gamestop DLC. They have the most interesting.. Young_Charter

So working there has nothing to do with it?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I will get the Gamestop DLC. They have the most interesting.. ExoticAnimal

So working there has nothing to do with it?

-_-. . . . Well not that you put it that way, I could get the Pre order bonus for free at Gamestop and just preorder it and pick it up on Amazon since Im already getting 5.00 off it from there also..
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Tetrarch9
Glad there is no MP... I want Team Bondi to spend all their time on the campaign... What pre-order bonus you guys planning on getting? I think the Walmart one or whichever the Naked Vice mission is...MethodManFTW
Im having a hard time justifying a 60$ Purchase without MP. Especially if the campaign is short like RDR. GTA length maybe.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Glad there is no MP... I want Team Bondi to spend all their time on the campaign... What pre-order bonus you guys planning on getting? I think the Walmart one or whichever the Naked Vice mission is...Tetrarch9
Im having a hard time justifying a 60$ Purchase without MP. Especially if the campaign is short like RDR. GTA length maybe.

RDR is type long IMO. Plus Undead Nightmare sums that up also.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MethodManFTW
I dunno I spent 60 bucks on Vanquish and I think it is one of the best games of 2010. But yeah everyones price point for games is different for sure.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I dunno I spent 60 bucks on Vanquish and I think it is one of the best games of 2010. But yeah everyones price point for games is different for sure.

Vanquish was worth my time.. I wish it was longer.. When Part 2 come out they need to put in custom soundtracks.
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Tetrarch9
I dunno I spent 60 bucks on Vanquish and I think it is one of the best games of 2010. But yeah everyones price point for games is different for sure.MethodManFTW
I didn't look much but has it been confirmed that there wont be MP?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I dunno I spent 60 bucks on Vanquish and I think it is one of the best games of 2010. But yeah everyones price point for games is different for sure.Tetrarch9

yup
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I dunno I spent 60 bucks on Vanquish and I think it is one of the best games of 2010. But yeah everyones price point for games is different for sure.Tetrarch9

Vanquish ?
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Tetrarch9
[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I dunno I spent 60 bucks on Vanquish and I think it is one of the best games of 2010. But yeah everyones price point for games is different for sure.MethodManFTW

yup

Damn I was hoping for a small chance. @YC, no LA Noire.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Tetrarch9"] I didn't look much but has it been confirmed that there wont be MP?Tetrarch9
yup

Damn I was hoping for a small chance. @YC, no LA Noire.

oh, nah. But lets have hopes ? lol
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ExoticAnimal

I don't get it. Why do you feel that multiplayer gives you better value in gaming? So would you take a game that has crappy single player game and crappy multiplayer over a game with a great single player?

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ExoticAnimal

Also, I demend to know the 5 people who said no in the poll. :x :P

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Young_Charter

Also, I demend to know the 5 people who said no in the poll. :x :P

ExoticAnimal
Scianix is one lol :lol:
evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 evil_angel74
Not buying a game because it has no MP is just a silly mentality to have. Games don't have to have MP to be good and worth your time and money, and it doesn't mean they can't be long/have replay value. Also, RDR was short? Anyway if you look at the info they gave about the cases (ie how many there are, and how long they take) you should be able to work out at least a very rough estimation of the minimum time. Then add some time for roaming around. And then there is also reason to replay the whole game for the different outcomes etc.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Young_Charter
Not buying a game because it has no MP is just a silly mentality to have. Games don't have to have MP to be good and worth your time and money, and it doesn't mean they can't be long/have replay value. Also, RDR was short? Anyway if you look at the info they gave about the cases (ie how many there are, and how long they take) you should be able to work out at least a very rough estimation of the minimum time. Then add some time for roaming around. And then there is also reason to replay the whole game for the different outcomes etc.evil_angel74
Nah RDR long as ish.. idk what people talkin... N I found it kinda borin.. The only part I like was when you were (Down in spoiler) but other than that its real friggin long n ish.... Im trying to finish it now.. Im on the part where you work with the wife n kid... I feel like I am playing a Rated M Western Sims [spoiler] climbin Tall Trees Mt. It looked like a western uncharted lol... The Native american waiting on you lol just like uncharted... sucks he died tho like a wimp.. Tenzin go way harder in da paint [/spoiler]
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Tetrarch9

I don't get it. Why do you feel that multiplayer gives you better value in gaming? So would you take a game that has crappy single player game and crappy multiplayer over a game with a great single player?

ExoticAnimal
Its more that Im tight on money right now. Im trying to get the most for my buck. I have LA Noire preorder and will be getting it. If I can replay it like I did Mass Effect then it is definitely worth the purchase. Im just cheap thats all.