The most annoying feature on PS3?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 colibriosis
Member since 2010 • 598 Posts

For me it's the damn notification pop-up on the upper right side and the fact that you can't hide it or at least prevent from being notified about everyone going both off and online (why would u wanna know if someone went offline in a pop-up?).

I bet most of you would agree, cause it gets kinda annoying sometimes, maybe even preventing you from spotting important or relevant things happening on the screen during a film or a game.

psycheese657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psycheese657
Member since 2009 • 217 Posts

For me it's the damn notification pop-up on the upper right side and the fact that you can't hide it or at least prevent from being notified about everyone going both off and online (why would u wanna know if someone went offline in a pop-up?).

I bet most of you would agree, cause it gets kinda annoying sometimes, maybe even preventing you from spotting important or relevant things happening on the screen during a film or a game.

colibriosis
Yeh, that does get annoying but I don't really have to worry about that cause only 2 friends have it so I'm jus friends with them Idk if theres any otter feature that's annoying but not have cross-game party chats is something I am annoyed they haven't added yet :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

colibriosis
Most definitely, I don't even own a PS3, but when I kept seeing that when I played on my cousin's PS3, I wanted to hit something :P
colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 colibriosis
Hehe, yeah. I don't really think it would be that hard to make available, just no one probably pitched them the idea? lol
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I agree, that's one thing that annoys me... Can't really think of anything else, except for not being able to look at someones trophies unless you hit compare trophies, which takes forever to load.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
It was the clock/controller thing on the top right, where your battery indicator and the clock would cover each other up. Though by the time they got around to fixing it (took a couple of years) it became kind of a joke, and I confess I now miss the glitch. My main complaint would just be how damn busy the whole cross media bar is. It's functional enough, but even with making and organizing folders there's too much stuff there, too many options to dig through (and don't even get me started on the abomination that is the options/setting tab).
Bujikan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bujikan92
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts
it doesnt really bother me but I wish we could customize those pop-up msg about "____________ is online". Um....... I cant think of anything that annoys me, but I wish that when some one sends me a msg that it would make some sort of noise (that can be customisable of course)
Astunz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Astunz
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I would love if the usb ports were in the back of the system not in front.
cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

Mine is: system must be on to charge controller. I'm still waiting for the first guy to pop up and say "stop complaining!"

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DJ_Lae
I would love if the usb ports were in the back of the system not in front.Astunz
Actually, that reminds me of another complaint I have - not enough USB ports. While Microsoft slowly added USB ports to the revisions of the 360, Sony took them away from the PS3. Even now the most expensive PS3 only has two ports, which is ridiculous for a console that requires you to charge your controllers via USB (especially if you also have Move controllers). The USB ports should also be powered while the console is in standby mode. It's ridiculous that I can charge my Dual Shock 3 on my powered off 360 but I can't do it on the PS3.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DJ_Lae

Mine is: system must be on to charge controller. I'm still waiting for the first guy to pop up and say "stop complaining!"

cdragon_88
Not only that, I'd like to be able to charge the controllers via any powered USB port - like a cellphone charger or power strip with USB ports for charging. But I can't, because the Dual Shock seems to only work with 'smart' devices. Kind of silly.
Scrotous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Scrotous
Member since 2009 • 375 Posts

It annoys me the fact that every little thing you want to do in the OS you have to quit the game, specially the browser when i want to do a quick faq search on something, forcing me walk to the other room to use the PC -.-. But well, sites there are many, some are light and some heavy on any browser. So i guess it can't be helped.

Oh yeah the lack of cross game chat too sucks.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

When people FW spam messages to you, gets really annoying.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
The borked UPnP/DLNA support.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I actually like the notification in the upper corner. The one feature I wish XBL DID have was knowing when friends go offline so I know not to message them or send them invites :P As for the features I find most annoying, I'd say the XMB is incredibly slow to load, and the fact that you have to sync trophies. They should just automatically be synced when you're connected to PSN.
schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

colibriosis

Go To Settings, System Settings, Notification Messages, Change to Do Not Display. All set there. I did it myself.

CobraKai83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CobraKai83
Member since 2010 • 132 Posts

I actually like the notification in the upper corner. The one feature I wish XBL DID have was knowing when friends go offline so I know not to message them or send them invites :PTexas2089
THIS...i like knowing when my friends go offline

spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

When you move it from one TV to another that has a different resolution or video connection type. PS3 can't detect it automatically so you have to hold the power button to reset it. Every time I change connection from HDMI to component I have to do it over again.

Avatar image for bleedvideogames
bleedvideogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bleedvideogames
Member since 2010 • 742 Posts

that it takes like 10 seconds for the menu to pop up when you press the PS button (or whatever the button in the middle is called)

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

It was the clock/controller thing on the top right, where your battery indicator and the clock would cover each other up. Though by the time they got around to fixing it (took a couple of years) it became kind of a joke, and I confess I now miss the glitch. My main complaint would just be how damn busy the whole cross media bar is. It's functional enough, but even with making and organizing folders there's too much stuff there, too many options to dig through (and don't even get me started on the abomination that is the options/setting tab).DJ_Lae

I find the XMB one of the simplest interfaces to use, it being separated into a categories, sub-categories, and specific things makes it much easier for me to find things. There's not really any fumbling through a bunch of menus.

As for an annoying feature, spending minutes to sync trophies, and also whenever I accidently click on my account during a MP session it has to sync (even if I haven't earned any trophies), and even if you cancel the sync to get back in the game, it just sits there, loading even though I've just canceled it. -_-

-Rinder-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Rinder-
Member since 2008 • 1307 Posts
Doesn't annoy me at all, and I have almost a full friends list.
IOwnsGh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 IOwnsGh2
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

No partychat feature.

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts

The ridiculous update times. Do they REALLY need t be that large? Along with that my least favorite things about it are the XMB, and the lack of party chat.

IOwnsGh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IOwnsGh2
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts
The ridiculous update times. Do they REALLY need t be that large? My least favorite things about it are the XMB, and the lack of party chat.ACx7
I love your picture. Pokemon FTW. And I agree. Update times take absolutely FOREVER, even with a fairly decent connection.
colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 colibriosis

When you move it from one TV to another that has a different resolution or video connection type. PS3 can't detect it automatically so you have to hold the power button to reset it. Every time I change connection from HDMI to component I have to do it over again.

spaceninja818
I don't understand how that would be annoying. I think it's easy and userfriendly like that, just hold a button, now you can play lower/higher resolution. How is that annoying?
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
the fact there is no way to organize XMB with your own folders. It's absolutely atrocious.
aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aGOODdude
Member since 2010 • 444 Posts

I guess the most annoying thing is when people decide to abuse the voice changer feature and use it toreenact a entire episode of 'the smurfs' during a online session. It makes me sadface.

masterds64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 masterds64
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts
Id like to organise my games into folders...but I cant make folders, same with all other content, its annoying. That and I wish the XMB would load faster or something...
GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts

The most annoying thing for me is having to perform an update every time I put a new game in my console. Let me just play my damn game already!

Also, apparently if your PS3 gets shut down the wrong way, your theme gets reset to the default theme. That happened to me a few times when my PS3 froze and I had to manually turn it off.

colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 colibriosis

[QUOTE="colibriosis"]

schizo_talon

Go To Settings, System Settings, Notification Messages, Change to Do Not Display. All set there. I did it myself.

Wow, okay i had no idea dude, thanks. This must have been implemented sometime lately, cause they definitely did not have the option to remove it before (not sure how long before though).
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#33 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts
[QUOTE="schizo_talon"]

[QUOTE="colibriosis"]

colibriosis

Wow, okay i had no idea dude, thanks. This must have been implemented sometime lately, cause they definitely did not have the option to remove it before (not sure how long before though).

That feature has been on it for ages I've known about it since 2008
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#34 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

That doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I'm glad it's there.

Off the top of my head I can't name a feature that annoys me on PS3.

chaos__shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chaos__shadow
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]I actually like the notification in the upper corner. The one feature I wish XBL DID have was knowing when friends go offline so I know not to message them or send them invites :P As for the features I find most annoying, I'd say the XMB is incredibly slow to load, and the fact that you have to sync trophies. They should just automatically be synced when you're connected to PSN.

AGREED! Notifications rock. Syncing sucks.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#36 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
[QUOTE="colibriosis"]

Actually you can turn it off, in the system setting I think but i was just turning mine off when I was reading this but yeah, you can turn it off.
Thrasher17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 Thrasher17x
Member since 2008 • 369 Posts
-No party chat -Laggy XMB -Unresponsive XMB -Lack of backwards compatibility on newer models when I have 50 some PS2 games, and like 20 PS1 games. - Pointless updates - PSN doing maintenance at terrible times (Like now, do it overnight)
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Always having to update.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

The SIXaxis feature. Seriously, worst friggin' idea ever.

I can't tell you how many times that screwed me up while playing GTAIV when I scrolled down to "cheats" and accidentally hit "SIXaxis tutorial." Wish there was a way to remove that from my phone.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#40 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I dont like that you cant charge your controller while your PS3 is turned off. i also dont like that when you play a game and your controller runs out of battery you cant just change the controller, because if you connect a new one it automatically registers as controller two.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

colibriosis

I agree with this. Especially when I'm playing BO, where I get constant messages from people wanting to be my friend or wanting to play with them, even when I don't know them.

For an offline game, I stay signed out for now since my PSN friends have either a broken console, or do the same thing as me and text me if they're playing CoD or something:P

SIXaxis is also a pretty stupid idea.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Having to install downloaded games and demos. It gets really frustrating when they are 2+ GB in size.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

[QUOTE="Astunz"]I would love if the usb ports were in the back of the system not in front.DJ_Lae
Actually, that reminds me of another complaint I have - not enough USB ports. While Microsoft slowly added USB ports to the revisions of the 360, Sony took them away from the PS3. Even now the most expensive PS3 only has two ports, which is ridiculous for a console that requires you to charge your controllers via USB (especially if you also have Move controllers). The USB ports should also be powered while the console is in standby mode. It's ridiculous that I can charge my Dual Shock 3 on my powered off 360 but I can't do it on the PS3.

LOL

king_quaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 king_quaps
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

[QUOTE="spaceninja818"]

colibriosis

I don't understand how that would be annoying. I think it's easy and userfriendly like that, just hold a button, now you can play lower/higher resolution. How is that annoying?

Its easy and userfriendly if you know about it. My girlfriend went to visit her parents last christmas and she took one of our PS3s with her but because they don't have a full HD TV nothing showed up. Because she was unaware of this feature she got into a bit of a stress that she'd broken something.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

The most annoying thing I've found concerning the PS3 is the people who own one. Not all of 'em, but a good percentage.

:D

colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 colibriosis
[QUOTE="Thrasher17x"]-No party chat -Laggy XMB -Unresponsive XMB -Lack of backwards compatibility on newer models when I have 50 some PS2 games, and like 20 PS1 games. - Pointless updates - PSN doing maintenance at terrible times (Like now, do it overnight)

You can still play PS1 games though.
colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 colibriosis
Also sorry for being so ignorant about the notification update. Even if it was available long ago or just recently, I've had no idea about it. Just wanted to clear up cause I hate ignorant people and don't want to become one myself I guess.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
A few things annoy me and will most likely never get sorted; 1) No background downloading for patches or updates 2) Doing a simple thing like reading a message while in-game can take a while because of the lag 3) No music playback while browsing the store 4) No sound notifications when messages are received
king_quaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 king_quaps
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

A few things annoy me and will most likely never get sorted; 1) No background downloading for patches or updates 2) Doing a simple thing like reading a message while in-game can take a while because of the lag 3) No music playback while browsing the store 4) No sound notifications when messages are receivedMushroomWig

Totally agree with the background d/l! I decided to dust off LBP the other day and it had a maaaasive patch (not really played it since it came out). I was in the mood to play a game so needless to say I cancelled the download.

Invisible_Kid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 Invisible_Kid2
Member since 2003 • 6330 Posts

The Video Editor and Uploader. I haven't used it. The thing that annoys me about it is, the potentional that's being wasted. The idea of recording gameplay from your console, editing it on your cosole, then uploading it is awesome. The fact that you can't annoys the hell out of me.