The all new PSP recommendation thread - resurrected in a dark manner!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts
when is this sticky going to be updated again???
GameWiz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 GameWiz1000
Member since 2004 • 928 Posts
Can someone recommend a good, quick "pick up and play" game. A puzzle game for example that I can play for 20 minutes, put it down and continue when I please. I already have Lumines BTW and I enjoy it but I need more. Any suggestions? WTF looks interesting.
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#303 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
Which game should I get first? Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X or Mega Man: Powered Up?TAMKFan
Depends if you have played Mega Man X before? If you have the game is essentially an exact remake and you can blow through it if you know where everything is. Mega Man X is one of my favourite games of all time though so if you haven't played it you need to. Mega Man: Powered Up is a remake too but they change alot of stuff so if you played Mega Man X before get that one.
SaL_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#304 SaL_92
Member since 2005 • 4106 Posts
hi guys, i just bought a router and my psp can finally play online, now i am looking for an online game that probably includes guns. im a big fan of the mgs series, but since i live in australia, it isnt out yet but i cna pick it up from ebay, is this worth $60?
GameWiz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 GameWiz1000
Member since 2004 • 928 Posts

hi guys, i just bought a router and my psp can finally play online, now i am looking for an online game that probably includes guns. im a big fan of the mgs series, but since i live in australia, it isnt out yet but i cna pick it up from ebay, is this worth $60?SaL_92

Syphon Filter's a great online shooter and I've heard Socom was great.

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
Can someone recommend a good, quick "pick up and play" game. A puzzle game for example that I can play for 20 minutes, put it down and continue when I please. I already have Lumines BTW and I enjoy it but I need more. Any suggestions? WTF looks interesting. GameWiz1000
DJMAX 2 is good!
G4s89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 G4s89
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts

I think that now a good game to replace Daxter is Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and MGS: PO should be in the top ten if not the number one.  Playstation was supposed to send me RC :SM but it still hasn't come.  oh well

My top five fave now are:

MGS: PO, wicked sweet but the online is not my style

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 1, awesome, the online is great with the headset

Lumines, im still hooked

THPS Underground 2 Remix, i still skate so its good

Daxter, its just a fun one

SniperSaito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 SniperSaito
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
Wondering what the best shooter to get right now is, that has a popular online community and good gameplay, I have heard so-so things about the socoms, how are they and should i get the 1st one ($20) or spend $40 to get the 2nd one, are they anything like socom II on the ps2 ? - or should i just get mgs : PO (haven't played mgs3 yet), or is syphon filter better(greatest hits now i believe). Can't decide out of all of these, also wondering what the better version of lumines is.
SniperSaito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 SniperSaito
Out of those 4 what is the most fun and has a good online(with alot of options) that people still play?
Lux_Acerbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Lux_Acerbus
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

Wondering what the best shooter to get right now is, that has a popular online community and good gameplay, I have heard so-so things about the socoms, how are they and should i get the 1st one ($20) or spend $40 to get the 2nd one, are they anything like socom II on the ps2 ? - or should i just get mgs : PO (haven't played mgs3 yet), or is syphon filter better(greatest hits now i believe). Can't decide out of all of these, also wondering what the better version of lumines is.SniperSaito

Now, I haven't played SOCOM: FTB (the first one), but I can easily recommend the second. The online play didn't do a whole lot for me, but then I don't play shooters very well competitively... I spent months on Metroid Prime: Hunters and always sucked at it. You'll probably like it; there are tons of players, maps, and modes, and the single-player is really top-notch. If you're expecting a lot of high-octane action it's probably not right for you, though, as stealthy playing is essential to having real success in the game. I'd hazard a guess that the first FTB and Syphon Filter both have dwindling online populations since they've been out so long, but you never know. As for the others, I haven't played any of them, seeing as how I haven't played that many PSP games (I find it easier to shop for DS titles, since I more consistently enjoy them).

At any rate, I myself was curious about one game - I could use a good action-adventure on my PSP, and I was considering Prince of Persia: Rival Swords. Will I be totally lost having never played a POP game before, or will I be able to understand the story? I'll probably enjoy it even if I don't know what's going on, but a decent story is important to me in a game, and it'll be some time before I can get my hands on Warrior Within since I can't play M-rated games. I know it just came out, but perhaps someone who's played The Two Thrones could enlighten me, as Rival Swords is really just a renamed port of that game.

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#311 Pegasus_Shade
Member since 2005 • 897 Posts
Really wondering on whether I should get Monster Hunter now second hand even though I can still only play it single player... does it become so difficult that it isnt fun anymore???? I really want it but I am wary at the same time.... Recommendations please
Dragy2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Dragy2005
Member since 2005 • 197 Posts

Hi,

Me and my friend are looking for a good coop multiplayer games. We loved Killzone Liberation since we could play the whole game together, but we're not sure which game should be next. Games such as GTA and SOCOM aren't good for us because we're only two, and we're playing locally only. Does anyone know any other good coop games for the PSP? New titles are certainly preferred.

Thanks! 

PhoenixWright2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#313 PhoenixWright2
Member since 2006 • 208 Posts

I plan on buying a psp next week for my birthday and im gonna buy like 3 or 4 games for it as well. I was wonderin if there are any acessories i should get like a case so my screen wont scratch or a screen protector, if you have any reccemondations on these as well itd be appreciated. So i know 100% im gonna get metal gear: PO since that game looks so darn awesome but i want a good 2d and 3d platformer. I was wonderin which mega man i should get, apperently Powered up is better but i already played megaman 1 and ive never played a megaman X game so which one do you guys think is better?  Maverick hunter X, or powered up? And then i was wonderin which game would be a better 3D platformer for me Rachet and Clank or Daxter? Ive never played any of those games before so i dont know which one is better at all. I want a nice lengthy adventure with lots of replay and overall im leaning towards rachet and clank since it looks a little deeper. So if you have both of those games which do you think is better?

Thats about it..... and im also gonna pre-order castlevania for sure. Thanks in advance for answering.:D

SaL_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#314 SaL_92
Member since 2005 • 4106 Posts
should i get tekken dark ressuruction, its gone fairly cheap but will i get bored of the game quickly?
ChesterTheWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#315 ChesterTheWorm
Member since 2007 • 175 Posts
I think they should make a USB HDD based stick for the psp becuz i seen a 64GB stick for reg USB & man if that held mpeg/AVC-mp4 that would be a multi media center for sure.
bulletproof123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 bulletproof123
Member since 2005 • 43 Posts
you definetly wont get bored quickly, in my opinion.  All the characters they have, and all the bonus games you can unlock, its really addicting.  But hey, if your not sure just rent it at a local blockbuster or something.
gnbfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 gnbfd
Member since 2006 • 4128 Posts

Ok. I have a showdown between 2 games

Should I get Tekken DR, or Lumines 2?

gnbfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 gnbfd
Member since 2006 • 4128 Posts
If you want a heavy action platformer, get R&C, if not, then get Daxter. Also get Powered Up for sure. It's hells ya!
rockdan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 rockdan101
Member since 2005 • 96 Posts

hi guys

im about to buy a real cheap 2nd hand game for all the long journeys in the summer hols

cant decide between juiced, killzone, pursuit force, midnight club 3 or tony hawks underground 2

what do u guys thinks best out of the 5

bulletproof123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 bulletproof123
Member since 2005 • 43 Posts
ive played juiced and midnight club 3 on different platforms and i ASSUME that they arent much different and i own killzone. I think killzone is really great, especially now that it supports infrastructure mode now. Juiced is alright, midnight club 3 is good fun. Can't say about the other. Out of all of them i'd say killzone, but again, i havent tried the others on the PSP.
Packman850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Packman850
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Can someone recommend a good, quick"pick up and play" game. A puzzle game for example that I can play for 20 minutes, put it down and continue when I please. I already have Lumines BTW and I enjoy it but I need more. Any suggestions? WTF looks interesting. GameWiz1000

Exit 1 and 2

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 Pegasus_Shade
Ok il ask again - I know monster hunter 2 is coming out soon but I need a newly bought game and quick - Is MH freedom 1 still worth it???
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts

Ok il ask again - I know monster hunter 2 is coming out soon but I need a newly bought game and quick - Is MH freedom 1 still worth it???Pegasus_Shade

Yeah, MHF1 is well worth it, it's a fantastic game and it should keep you occupied until MHF2 comes out.

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 Pegasus_Shade

[QUOTE="Pegasus_Shade"]Ok il ask again - I know monster hunter 2 is coming out soon but I need a newly bought game and quick - Is MH freedom 1 still worth it???Abgoj

Yeah, MHF1 is well worth it, it's a fantastic game and it should keep you occupied until MHF2 comes out.

cool -thanx man
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts
[QUOTE="Abgoj"]

[QUOTE="Pegasus_Shade"]Ok il ask again - I know monster hunter 2 is coming out soon but I need a newly bought game and quick - Is MH freedom 1 still worth it???Pegasus_Shade

cool -thanx man

no problem.

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#326 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
The PSP is just friggin AWESOME
ff7cloudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#327 ff7cloudking
Member since 2005 • 3161 Posts
I have Sid Miers Pirates and Daxter but could anyone recommend me a good RPG???
Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Pegasus_Shade

I have Sid Miers Pirates and Daxter but could anyone recommend me a good RPG???ff7cloudking
Tales of Eternia definately - Grteat combat and lengthy game

If not then maybe Kingdom of paradise (key of heaven in Eu) Not tonnes to customise but good sword skill system with many variations - not really as long tho

lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#329 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

Ok guys.. Socom question :p

Ive had FTB1 for a long time and have played it to death and recently played FTB2 for about an hour at a friends house. He had just bought it so I guess I had lame guns and very few unlockables on his character (playing online) but I was still loving it.

What I wanna know is do you think buying FTB2 is worth it if I already have and really enjoy FTB1? The character customization seems way cool and the graphics are for sure a jump up over the original but is it worth the 39.99? I just got R6: Vegas andits kinda lameso I was probably going to return it fora better40$ shooter. It seems like there are more hackers and less users on FTB2 tho. Some facts from the FTB2 vets would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Avatar image for 217204017105542512469215635720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 217204017105542512469215635720
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

Alright, I'm getting a PSP for my birthday (august 20) and I've been doing major research on some fun games. Can you tell me if my list looks ok to ya'll, since you're the experts and all?

- Metal Gear Solid : Portable Ops

- Lumines

- Tales of the World: Radiant Mytholgy

- Brave Story New Travler (This looks amazing!)

- Lemmings

- PoPoLoCrois

- Final Fantasy Tactics: Lion's War

- Blade Dancer

Hope this list is cool for ya'll~

I'll be back here more often once I actually have my PSP...

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Pegasus_Shade

Alright, I'm getting a PSP for my birthday (august 20) and I've been doing major research on some fun games. Can you tell me if my list looks ok to ya'll, since you're the experts and all?

- Metal Gear Solid : Portable Ops

- Lumines

- Tales of the World: Radiant Mytholgy

- Brave Story New Travler (This looks amazing!)

- Lemmings

- PoPoLoCrois

- Final Fantasy Tactics: Lion's War

- Blade Dancer

Hope this list is cool for ya'll~

I'll be back here more often once I actually have my PSP...

soulxedgexkoji

I dont think FFT will be out by then (will it????)

Oh and I would avoid Blade Dancer if I were you...... Seems good but it aint really, thats the only one that you should change otherwise good list

Monster Hunter, Tales of Eternia (you seem to be an RPG fan) are great

Killzone if your looking for more action

reaper_126

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 reaper_126
i have 35 dollars and i want to get a new game but im not really sure what i should get. if someone could give me a list of a few games it would be greatly appreciated :)
shadowbmx790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 shadowbmx790
Member since 2007 • 829 Posts
i was just wondering which is better Need For Speed Underground Rivals or Need For Speed Carbon: Own The City
Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 Pegasus_Shade
i have 35 dollars and i want to get a new game but im not really sure what i should get. if someone could give me a list of a few games it would be greatly appreciated :)reaper_126
Well over the last 2 oe 3 pages A LOT of good games have been suggested go go over a few - depends what you want and what will think you will get your moneys worth out of - In aus 35 wont get you much for a psp game so whats the RRP on a brand new PSP game over there???? If thats a bit low you might be looking into the Twisted Metal region (great fun) Tales of Eternia will need to be imported so that will jack up the price, Killzones a good shooter, Streetfight Alpha X 3 is probably the best fighting game (though the controls dont really work well for fighter - tekken is a ***** to play)
mufujifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 mufujifi
Member since 2006 • 527 Posts

Can anyone recommend a good racing game which involves drifting?
I'm not particularly well-versed in this genre, so I'm not sure if EVERY racing game on the PSP has fun drifting involved.

And please don't say Burnout or Initial D.
I've got Burnout on my PS2, and Initial D is too much.

hmac777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 hmac777
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
Looking for a good rpg (read engaging and on the longer side), but i only have enough $ for 1 game. Should i go with Velkyrie Profile, Brave Story, wait for Joanne D'Arc, or something else?
Avatar image for spacemonkey1420
spacemonkey1420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 spacemonkey1420
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

What does the PSP have for first person Shooters? Can you recommend some good ones. I would love to see Something of Unreal quality and by the look of it if they can do it for the PS2 they can put it on the PSP. I checked gamespots search and found 0 that's right Zero! FPS Games that Can't be right. Please Inform A future PSP Owner.

Also Why is this threadnot Stickied?it's mentioned/linked from the read this first but Adding asticky to thiswould go A long way to reducing the Number of What Game Should I buy threads.

SeanN003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#338 SeanN003
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts

What does the PSP have for first person Shooters? Can you recommend some good ones. I would love to see Something of Unreal quality and by the look of it if they can do it for the PS2 they can put it on the PSP. I checked gamespots search and found 0 that's right Zero! FPS Games that Can't be right. Please Inform A future PSP Owner.

Also Why is this threadnot Stickied?it's mentioned/linked from the read this first but Adding asticky to thiswould go A long way to reducing the Number of What Game Should I buy threads.

spacemonkey1420

I agree. This thread should be stickied or kept bumped or something. There are a TON of "wat game shuld i get?1?!" topics. As for FPS I've heard that Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror is a good one. I don't know from experience.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

spacemonkey1420
Try out the Syphon Filter and Medal of Honor Heroes demo's from here to see if you like them-http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24679633
kahonee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 kahonee
Member since 2004 • 388 Posts
Ok, my friend and I want a REALLY good Co-op game, any suggestions? I was thinking of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance based on reviews, but yeah... Anything would be great since I just got the Daxter PSP and just bought (and beat) Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, man what a great game that was!
futagoza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 futagoza
Member since 2006 • 162 Posts

I want some advice on wether or not to get Tales of the World. I've only tried the 'Tales of' games before. I didn't like Tales of Eternia at all, I mean really, not at all! Tales of Phantasia seemed as if it might be good but I didn't have enough time to make up my mind. Tales of Symphonia I'm undecided on also so far. I know everyone likes that game, but for the 2-3 hours I played, I couldn't really see what was so great about it.

So, all in all, do you think I would like Tales of the World?

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#342 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts
I liked every Tales of games that i've played excepd Radiant Mythology, a veeery weak sotry, and game is very annoying, though there are a lot of things to craft. From beginning crafting seemed kinda fun, but only first 5 - 10 ours. better try to find another RPG deffinately not this one.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#343 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I liked every Tales of games that i've played excepd Radiant Mythology, a veeery weak sotry, and game is very annoying, though there are a lot of things to craft. From beginning crafting seemed kinda fun, but only first 5 - 10 ours. better try to find another RPG deffinately not this one.Carnikoid85

Yup, but i put 60 Hrs into that game. After 30 hours into that game, it's getting really redundant and boring. End up selling it after i beat it for 25 dollars to a friend. Advise you to buy another RPG. Like Brave Story. :D
futagoza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 futagoza

Thanks for the input guys. I will definitely stay away from it now ^^

It's a shame about the RPG situation on the PSP. There are plenty of them, but none of them really good with the exception of Jeanne d'Arc (if that counts?).

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts

Howdy, I currently own a DBZ PSP Game, Metal Slug Anthology and Fight Night Round 3. I am planning on picking up Final Fantasy Tactics on October 9th (Or whenever it is realized) and was hoping to pick up a second game. I am looking for something on the role play end of things, are the final fantasy games worth a purchase? Is there something better in terms of role play available? coming out?

Thanks in advance, please keep in mind that online play means nothing to me.

futagoza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 futagoza
Howdy, I currently own a DBZ PSP Game, Metal Slug Anthology and Fight Night Round 3. I am planning on picking up Final Fantasy Tactics on October 9th (Or whenever it is realized) and was hoping to pick up a second game. I am looking for something on the role play end of things, are the final fantasy games worth a purchase? Is there something better in terms of role play available? coming out?

Thanks in advance, please keep in mind that online play means nothing to me.Sparky-05

If you're a fan of Final Fantasy Tactics I can really recommend Jeanne D'Arc, which is another SRPG. Along with Lumines it's the best game I've played on the PSP so far. I wouldn't really recommend the FF Anniversary games. The graphics may look nice but personally I don't think the underlying gameplay has aged very well. You may want to check out Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth instead, another Square-Enix re-release.

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
Thanks, just one more question though, are there any upcomming RPGs that might be worth waiting for. I've heard that a Star Ocean is coming out and possibly a Kingdom Hearts, would those be better than the games you mentioned? Or should I just wait and see ... ?
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#348 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
If you like Final Fantasy games, i'd get Brave Story New Travler. The battle play is just about the same as FF, the world map moving around it exactly like a FF, for the exception of having to press X to enter a town/forest,etc. Training is quite easy, i'm not to far into it. Still is basicly the beginning, and i'm level 10. Crafting is quite useful on it. The graphics are just about, or are PS2 standards. The minigame - you capture different color chickens. - is amusing, and fun. It's game shareable, and Ad Hoc mode too. So you and your friend can play, even when he doesn't own the game itself. I'd advise this game to any RPG fan. :)
futagoza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 futagoza

Thanks, just one more question though, are there any upcomming RPGs that might be worth waiting for. I've heard that a Star Ocean is coming out and possibly a Kingdom Hearts, would those be better than the games you mentioned? Or should I just wait and see ... ?Sparky-05
Well Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core was recently released in Japan, but that should take forever to reach any other part of the world. Otherwise Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness will be out on Oct 30th (it's a PSP port of the first Disgaea game for the PS2).

Should you be interested in other genres as well, there's Sega Rally Revo on Oct 9th (same as FFT), Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles on Oct 23rd and Silent Hill Origins on Nov 6th. All dates taken from gamerankings list of upcoming releases. Hope that's any help at all to you.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#350 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Okay I may get a WWII game on the PSP. So it between Medal of Honor Heroes and Call of Duty. I like Call of Duty series a lot more then MoH, but it sound like Medal of Honor Heroes is better then CoD psp. Is Call of Duty psp fun or should I just go with MoH?