sony needs to bring out trophies fast

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
right now i am more inclined to buy the 360 version of multi-plat games simply because of achievements even if it means sacreficing visuals or waiting a little longer for the release date (only a very few games)
Machine758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Machine758
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
Be patient, young grasshopper. The trophies will come. And theyll be a lot more than just numbers on a screen.
SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts

Achievments are pointless

I don't see what is the big deal

karmafreejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 karmafreejack
Member since 2004 • 1943 Posts

SolidSnake2020

I'm with you. I don't need mommy to put a gold star on the fridge every time I complete a game.

nosedive51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nosedive51
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
Anyone that thinks that achievements are pointless must think video games themselves are pointless. Its just another way of keeping a score. So when you collect all those hard to find items the world will know. Why not have achievements?
Wildedge93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wildedge93
Member since 2007 • 835 Posts

Anyone that thinks that achievements are pointless must think video games themselves are pointless. Its just another way of keeping a score. So when you collect all those hard to find items the world will know. Why not have achievements?nosedive51

how is getting numbers the same as scores. Achievements are pointless IMO and like karmafreejack said its like have our momgive is a star for beating a game.

Gamer_XYZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Gamer_XYZ
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
They are coming inthe gameHome, so just be patient, even if it is annoying that your mates with 360s are rubbing it in your face.
acid_android

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 acid_android
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake2020"]

karmafreejack

I'm with you. I don't need mommy to put a gold star on the fridge every time I complete a game.

acid_android

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 acid_android
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

I agree 100%. Achiements are totally lame. I don't need achiements to motivate me or be the deciding fator in whether I should buy a game.

I play for the fun of the game. Not for some stupid achiements. If Achiement pointsare the reason you play games or buy games, then what a sad life one must lead

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="karmafreejack"][QUOTE="SolidSnake2020"]

acid_android

i feel the same since they are just numbers. Trophies are different to me since on home u can put them in yourapartment and just be like wow a helghast all day long xD
doherty883

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 doherty883
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts

The fact that both Achiements and trophies can be abused..ie people just download a gamesave and hey presto theyr da best at game's:/just makes me say the are both completly useless...

ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts

o.o you are wanting to switch consoles because you won't be rewarded? "I don't want this damned system, cause I won't get a cookie." How dumb is that?

The fact that both Achievments and trophies can be abused..ie people just download a gamesave and hey presto theyr da best at game's:/just makes me say the are both completly useless...

doherty883

Actually, quite a few games on PS3 won't let you copy the save file.

doherty883

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 doherty883

o.o you are wanting to switch consoles because you won't be rewarded? "I don't want this damned system, cause I won't get a cookie." How dumb is that?

[QUOTE="doherty883"]

The fact that both Achievments and trophies can be abused..ie people just download a gamesave and hey presto theyr da best at game's:/just makes me say the are both completly useless...

ocelotcougar

I know all the ps3 games in my collection suport copying the gamesave..and nearly all games over a certain age at gamefaqs has downloadable saves..

I really hope they do try and prevent this type of thing when home comes out,it's needed.

The reason i say this is becuase i have a mate with a 360..with an achiements score of over 10000 and i think he has finished 1 game:(...he just downloads the saves of games to boost his score,which is sad imo.

Bunnyslippers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bunnyslippers
Member since 2003 • 2171 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake2020"]

karmafreejack

I don't buy or play games for achievements. If I wanted achievements, I would do some kind of sports. I play game for fun and in my book achievements aren't fun.

ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ocelotcougar
[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]

[QUOTE="doherty883"]

doherty883

I know all the ps3 games in my collection suport copying the gamesave..and nearly all games over a certain age at gamefaqs has downloadable saves..

I really hope they do try and prevent this type of thing when home comes out,it's needed.

The reason i say this is becuase i have a mate with a 360..with an achiements score of over 10000 and i think he has finished 1 game:(...he just downloads the saves of games to boost his score,which is sad imo.

Do you own Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Need For Speed Carbon? Locked gamesaves, several others too, I'm sure.
GizmoSimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#18 GizmoSimo
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

They are coming inthe gameHome, so just be patient, even if it is annoying that your mates with 360s are rubbing it in your face.Gamer_XYZ

thanks for the heads up mister obvious =)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Achivements is the stupidest thing ever. Oh snap i killed a dude with a pistol while flying in the air with one health and destroying Halo with a tic-tac.
jaSteRdcX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jaSteRdcX
Member since 2004 • 1944 Posts
lol video games are kinda pointless unless your playing for money which most of us are not. Just for pleasure, but then that would make them have a point... the players pleasure.. hmmmm
doherty883

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 doherty883
[QUOTE="doherty883"][QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]

[QUOTE="doherty883"]

ocelotcougar

Do you own Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Need For Speed Carbon? Locked gamesaves, several others too, I'm sure.

I own resistance:fom,heavenly sword,oblivion,gengi and tiger woods o7 and all those suport it.

I really do hope that they start locking all gamesaves...that would really make trophies and such a lot more worth while...

mikester585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mikester585
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

oh dear, this is so sad, you choose over console's by acheivement and trophies , blimmey , it's all about entertainment ,

and the gaming , not the awards

as long as it;s a good game it oright.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

What ever happened to playing games, for FUN?

UOducks521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 UOducks521
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts

I just think its dumb that people are so quick to say that achievements are pointless and a waste of time but they turn right around and say that trophies will be awesome in home just because it gives you a little digital room to show them off in.

Personally achievement points and trophies dont mean squat to me but I just think its rather ridiculous for people to point a finger at another but when they are confronted with the same issue everything they think is justified.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

navigata

Come on Navi, you know "fun" has been banned from the world of video games now. haha

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
[QUOTE="navigata"]

The_Rick_14

Come on Navi, you know "fun" has been banned from the world of video games now. haha

Haha, agreed rick.

DyneMacron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DyneMacron
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

What ever happened to playing games, for FUN?navigata

I agree completely. A game is a way to entertain yourself with or without others. A game is only valuable if it enables you to enjoy it, or if you allow yourself to enjoy it.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

I actually think achievements are a good thing, apart from the idiots that abuse them.

They made me do things in games that I wouldn't usually do, basically extending the life of a game and giving me a sense of satisfaction, especially if it was hard to do. Hopefully Trophies will do the same.

elmetfano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 elmetfano
Member since 2006 • 4122 Posts

One word

HOME

kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingtahktahkhuk
what do you mean achievement is pointless, if you are going to play the game anyways why not get the version that offers more?
gregga86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gregga86
Member since 2004 • 82 Posts
I agree with the starter of this thread, I want trophies! And I just have to say I've bought a PS3 because I think it's awesome by itself, the trophies really doesn't concern me. But the thing is that Sony has told me about them, so now I long for trophies, gief trofeis! So yeah, thats my rant, achivements and trophies is just something fun to strive for. I want trophies! It's like the saying, "If you build it, they will come."
Madroxcide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Madroxcide
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

SolidSnake2020

So is getting the high score in an arcade game. Its just another way to get a sense of accomplishment from a game and to make you try to challenge yourself to play different ways. Its not about the points its about accomplishing more than usual. Its just a nice touch. An example of that is i beat call of duty 2 there were more achievements for completing on the hardest difficulty, i did that and have the achievements to show for it. Makes you try to play games in different ways and all that its actually pretty cool unless you experience it though it just looks stupid i know.

Maverick128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Maverick128
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts
Check the sig.
yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 yungswift44
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts
[QUOTE="Wildedge93"]

[QUOTE="nosedive51"]Anyone that thinks that achievements are pointless must think video games themselves are pointless. Its just another way of keeping a score. So when you collect all those hard to find items the world will know. Why not have achievements?coolguy681

how is getting numbers the same as scores. Achievements are pointless IMO and like karmafreejack said its like have our momgive is a star for beating a game.

Then y do u want trophies if they r pointless. Y do ppl spend time to get achievements. U may think that they r pointless but there r a lot of ppl in this world who believe that they arent pointless.

Y would u want trophies then if they r pointless?

next time try "you","are"and"why"...makes you message easier to read..and makes you look more mature...
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

SolidSnake2020
Yeah, Im with you there..... but there are a lot of stuff about Home and the PSN friends list in game will come out. but they will work in a new way, a better way. I can smell it.xD
lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

I actually think achievements are a good thing, apart from the idiots that abuse them.

They made me do things in games that I wouldn't usually do, basically extending the life of a game and giving me a sense of satisfaction, especially if it was hard to do. Hopefully Trophies will do the same.

BZSIN

I believe this is called obsession.

philhilluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 philhilluk
Member since 2004 • 1007 Posts

I only hope the trophies will be backwards compatible with my current game saves so I don't have to go through a game again just to get one :)

If the trophy has the name of the person who actually started the game included engraved on it I think that will help prevent the downloading gamesaves if it has someone elses name on it :)

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

what do you mean achievement is pointless, if you are going to play the game anyways why not get the version that offers more?kingtahktahkhuk

How does it offer more? It's the same game. You can do the same things. What you mean to say is I can't brag to my friends that I took hours on end to cover every inch of a map. lol

Avatar image for clifftrapremove
clifftrapremove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 clifftrapremove
Member since 2004 • 825 Posts
I like achievements. They give you some sort of side quests in a game, something more to do. It gave me a reason to play Gears of War on a harder difficulty again and it would be cool if Motorstorm or Heavenly Sword had some extra incentives in them. I can't wait for home, some of the ideas in it are fantastic.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
the ps3 is not the xbox 360 and it never will be, i dont think that trophies are such a huge thing
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kingtahktahkhuk

if achievement is stupid then why would people collect in game items or attempt for better scores? its the same thing only that the world can see the achievements

and if noone cares for M$ achievements then there is no reasons for sony to imitate them and release trophies now do they

Ocram_Zepol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ocram_Zepol
Member since 2006 • 1199 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake2020"]

karmafreejack

So true.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts

if achievement is stupid then why would people collect in game items or attempt for better scores? its the same thing only that the world can see the achievements

and if noone cares for M$ achievements then there is no reasons for sony to imitate them and release trophies now do they

kingtahktahkhuk

he makes a good point about in-game items.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
I play games to have fun, not to show everyone that I'm really good at them. Sony can bring trophies whenever they want or not all as far as I'm concerned.
elmetfano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 elmetfano
Member since 2006 • 4122 Posts
the ps3 is not the xbox 360 and it never will be, i dont think that trophies are such a huge thinglinkin_guy109
"Sorry, but that'll lower your overall score on my Troll-o-Meter to 4.6
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
Sony needs to bring out Greatest Hits Fast.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ocelotcougar
[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

lhbchen

I believe this is called obsession.

Sound more like an addiction to me.

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

kingtahktahkhuk

Why in-game collectibles? Plain and easy: for unlockables.

Any reason but showing off!

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

Ok, this has been argued over since Microsoft announced the acheivement system way back when. So let me ask you PS3 fanboys, if they are so dumb...why is Sony copying them?

Ponder that one for a second, the answer might not be as obvious as you think...

Heres a little something I've noticed since I've had my 360 and my PS3. On my 360 I'm WAY more willing to try cheap and off the wall games because at the very least I will get some points out of them...

Make fun of me, call me a non-gamer, whatever you want...but I have played games on my 360 that I would have NEVER touched if there weren't points attached to it. And most of the time I payed for those games in some form or another, that money goes back to the publisher, who makes more games for the 360, some of them could end up being truly great...

You wanna know why support for the PS3 is lacking? People don't just go crazy and buy every game for it like they do the 360. Even if they just rent games, services like Gamefly have a set number of copies of a game to give out. As more people rent the game for points/entertainment or whatever they want, they order more copies because the game is popular. Acheivements single handedly propel game sales up a few thousand units at least. Of course, somebody will come on here and say: "A few thousand units?! That doesn't matter!" To which you just have to shake your head and sigh...

Case in point, would any of you suffer through Lair just to see what happens? Sure, some of you might, but honestly, most of the gaming population has looked past that game, myself included. Yet I have watched a friend play through the entirety of Vampire Rain (go ahead, look it up, its worse than Lair) multiple times for points. That same friend read reviews about Hour of Victory, thought: "What the hell," rented it, and ended up loving it and purchasing the game the next week. Half of the problem when purchasing games for my 360 is that there are so many games out there I want to try knowing that even if I hate it, I'll get something for my money...it makes buying a game so much nicer when you are gaurenteed to like at least something about it.

So go on ahead and pretend that Microsoft's idea sucks, but Sony isn't pretending, the Trophy system will function more or less just like an acheivement system and will hopefully add the exact same element to their games as acheivements did for Microsoft's.

kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kingtahktahkhuk
[QUOTE="kingtahktahkhuk"]

lhbchen

Why in-game collectibles? Plain and easy: for unlockables.

Any reason but showing off!

achievement is unlockable too