sony needs to bring out trophies fast

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Recca168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Recca168
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts

i don't see how achivements make anything better. Its sorta cool but really not that cool. Simpsons did it best. Press the start button. Congratulations you got an achivement.

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts

seriously, this is the lamest argument/thread i think i have read.

if you like trophies/achievements, then get excited about doing them and wait for home to come out

if you dont like trophies/achievements, then dont do them

stop arguing back and forth about them being good or not good because it is totally ****ing pointless

lostsoulsofmn

well said

jdeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 jdeper
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts

seriously, this is the lamest argument/thread i think i have read.

if you like trophies/achievements, then get excited about doing them and wait for home to come out

if you dont like trophies/achievements, then dont do them

stop arguing back and forth about them being good or not good because it is totally ****ing pointless

lostsoulsofmn

i agree with you. for example, I'm not particularally excited for home, i probably won't even use it. But, if other people do want home and will use it. Great, it helps serve a larger audience and makes ps3 maybe a bit better then what it was.

point is, the more options we have, potentially, the better it'll be.

adam_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 adam_53
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
amen.
alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts

Achivements is the stupidest thing ever. Oh snap i killed a dude with a pistol while flying in the air with one health and destroying Halo with a tic-tac.avataraang1

:lol:

lt-rickhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 lt-rickhunter
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake2020"]

Achievments are pointless

I don't see what is the big deal

karmafreejack

I'm with you. I don't need mommy to put a gold star on the fridge every time I complete a game.

lol . btw trail of dead great band.
god_of_shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 god_of_shawn
Member since 2005 • 559 Posts
To me, i don't think achievements is useless....it's good actually. When you complete this game on hard mode, or do some crazy stunt that is almost impossible to do, your friends will know you can do it, and actually praise you for doing it. When you have a high gamerscore, it shows that you had played alot of games and invest alot of time in games. At least the game rewards you. I really hope HOME can come out fast, i want the trophies badly.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Wow, are you guys that hard up on life that you NEED trophies to think you've actually accomplished something?

Trophies are pointless. You don't win anything. If it were a contest, I can understand, but who cares about your score or anyone else's? Do something in REAL LIFE to get a REAL trophy at least if you NEED one that badly.

forgot_my_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 forgot_my_name
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts

SolidSnake2020

/thread

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Tokyo90

Wow, are you guys that hard up on life that you NEED trophies to think you've actually accomplished something?

Trophies are pointless. You don't win anything. If it were a contest, I can understand, but who cares about your score or anyone else's? Do something in REAL LIFE to get a REAL trophy at least if you NEED one that badly.

Denji

well said , I agree 100%

jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

The fact that both Achiements and trophies can be abused..ie people just download a gamesave and hey presto theyr da best at game's:/just makes me say the are both completly useless...

doherty883

360 saves are locked to a gamercard.

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#112 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
Achievement arn't the reason i bought a PS3, dont you remember the days of the 64, PS2? when you played the game just for fun not for point's?
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidSnake2020"]

karmafreejack

I'm with you. I don't need mommy to put a gold star on the fridge every time I complete a game.

lol

They are coming inthe gameHome, so just be patient, even if it is annoying that your mates with 360s are rubbing it in your face.Gamer_XYZ

if they do rub it in your face just tell them they own a 360.."Instant Ownage" :P
Chrome_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Chrome_Demon
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts

All you people who say achievements are worthless are just PS3 fanboys. I love my PS3, but the damn trophy system isn't gonna be any different. You do a certain thing, you get a shiny gold trophy, WHOOPY DOOPY DOO!

None of this crap matters.... it's all digital boasting rights, and if you need those, then you play games WAY too much.

Personally though, the achievements have me getting most games for 360, because they add replay value, but to those of you saying trophies are all important and achievements are crap, you really need to just... gah, forget it, I bet I haven't even convinced one of you guys!

csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#115 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts
Anyone that thinks that achievements are pointless must think video games themselves are pointless. Its just another way of keeping a score. So when you collect all those hard to find items the world will know. Why not have achievements?nosedive51
lol, that is one of the most ridulious things ive ever read. just because you weren't complimented doesn't mean its pointless to play a game, most people play to have fun, mainly online games now a days to :P so its no big deal if my screen doesn't pop up saying "nice job you got shot in the face :D"
philhilluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 philhilluk
Member since 2004 • 1007 Posts
I am hoping the trophy in PS3 will be golden and shiny and have all your achievements for this game engraved on the side of it so that you can display it in your PS3 home :)
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts

I am hoping the trophy in PS3 will be golden and shiny and have all your achievements for this game engraved on the side of it so that you can display it in your PS3 home :)philhilluk

yea and i hope they also have an easily accessible version of the trophies too on websites or something so people dont have to log onto the ps3 to see the trophies

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
LOL, i hope they don't, the point is to play the game, not to brag about it to people on the internet. Is this just a way for people to justify spending their time playing games? "But look at teh trophiezz!!" :cry:
philhilluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 philhilluk
Member since 2004 • 1007 Posts

LOL, i hope they don't, the point is to play the game, not to brag about it to people on the internet. Is this just a way for people to justify spending their time playing games? "But look at teh trophiezz!!" :cry: X360PS3AMD05

Perhaps the option to turn the trophy option off if you dont want to use it or have people looking at the ones you earned. :) everyone is happy then!

SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts

I play games to have fun, not to show everyone that I'm really good at them. Sony can bring trophies whenever they want or not all as far as I'm concerned.espoac

i play certain games to show everyone that i can kick their *** in it lol. (do you see that katana on the left? :lol: /sarcasm) seriously though, i dont get why people hate/talk trash about achievements. theyre one more thing you can do with the game. and if youre like me, and will do anything and everything possiblein thegame (if i really like the game), then achievements are a way of giving myself a pat on the back for doing something reallly REALLY difficult (a cookie isnt so bad once in a while is it?) or doing something really stupid but inventive. i really dont know what you guys are arguing about... but as for acheivements/trophies, me likey.

Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]LOL, i hope they don't, the point is to play the game, not to brag about it to people on the internet. Is this just a way for people to justify spending their time playing games? "But look at teh trophiezz!!" :cry: philhilluk

Perhaps the option to turn the trophy option off if you dont want to use it or have people looking at the ones you earned. :) everyone is happy then!

That's a good idea actually, more choice is usually better imo. But I find the argument fascinating that others brought up. That Trophies or any sort of achievement is worthless because old games didn't have that feature.

When in reality any game you play is based upon arbitrary points earned while completing fairly repetitive tasks in order to move along a story arch.

High Scores/stats and leader boards have also been around as long as gaming has, with pinball and early arcades etc...

Trophies and achievements are just those things repackaged in shiny new plastic for us to unwrap.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#122 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

I don't think we need it at all, I've been playinggames since the NES days so I can definetly live without them, I don't need to prove anything to people that I'm good at what I do.

But

With the idea of trophies, it would be cool to see them on display when Home comes out, I will honestly say that I have no problem with that, it may not be needed, but in some sense, it would be a cool feature.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#123 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

[QUOTE="avataraang1"]Achivements is the stupidest thing ever. Oh snap i killed a dude with a pistol while flying in the air with one health and destroying Halo with a tic-tac.alayeesquire

:lol:

Lol i was quoted :D
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Everyone saying that achievements add one more thing to do in a game, I don't get that. You can do that in the game regardless of if a little thing pops up telling you that you did it. Hell all these multiplat games, you can still do the same things as the 360 achievements.

Go ahead and call me a fanboy because I don't see the point of achievements if you want to sound tough. The fact of the matter is I could care less if Sony has a trophy/achievement system. Otherwise last December I would have gotten a 360 and not a PS3. So not a fanboy because I disagree with your opinion. Just stating my opinion as a GAMER.

skirlnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 skirlnik
Member since 2004 • 909 Posts

^^ Exactly. All multiplats that I've played had the same "achievements" in them on the PS3, they just don't apply toward a permanent score. That has never bothered me, and it has never stopped me from shooting for special tasks in a game until I got enough of the game to put it down.

The gamer rep thing on 360 is pretty nice, but... you have to pay for it. *snicker*

rossboss25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 rossboss25
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

Omg who cares about achivements on another post someone said that achivements turn gaming into work.And they kinda do.

Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Yng-ePIc
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts
They'll come when they come, I'm not really waiting for them like other people.
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Tokyo90

Everyone saying that achievements add one more thing to do in a game, I don't get that. You can do that in the game regardless of if a little thing pops up telling you that you did it. Hell all these multiplat games, you can still do the same things as the 360 achievements.

Go ahead and call me a fanboy because I don't see the point of achievements if you want to sound tough. The fact of the matter is I could care less if Sony has a trophy/achievement system. Otherwise last December I would have gotten a 360 and not a PS3. So not a fanboy because I disagree with your opinion. Just stating my opinion as a GAMER.

The_Rick_14

well said

ramsboy39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ramsboy39

imo, they are pointless, all the 360 fanboys make a huge deal out of it, i would like them, but no big deal.

ramsboy39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ramsboy39
oh yea, and im not really waiting for the trophies, im waiting for HOME!!!
blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#131 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts

Ok, listen. I can't help but get the feeling that everyone in here bashing Achievements are kinda missing the point of them. They are not amazing and they are not the greatest thing ever and anyone who claims them to be needs more to do wqith their time. They are simply what their name says: a sign that you have achieved something. I didn't give a crap about them for a long time either but after a while you get to like them. They are just a little nod from the game that you get when you go above and beyond and that is nice to have a record of. It's the same idea as leaderboards, or the same kind of gratification anyway.

The same thing goes for trophies, the only differance is trophies have little rendered shapes whereas achievements build up a little reputation attched to your name that your friends can look at. I browse my friends profiles sometimes and check out what games they have and how interested they are in them when I'm waiting for a game or just passing moments here and there. They are nothing earth shattering but they increase the motivation to go as far as you can because you will be recognised for it in a small way. How many of you can honestly say that you haven't bragged about doing something really cool or hard in a game you really like? And wouldn't it be nice to have something to show for it?

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#132 DuhQbnSiLo
Member since 2007 • 622 Posts

Acheivements are for money hungry companies.. how? you ask?

People play NBA Live 06(Worst Basketball Sim EVER) just so thenk can get some points. You don't have to make a great game... make a crappy game and put easy acheivements and give alot of points for them and your game will sell!

Kyoshiro19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133 Kyoshiro19
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
I could care less about achievements. The point is to have fun playing the game. Not to get some useless points. Before you know it you'll be buying crappy games just for the points and become an achievement nerd.To me beating a game on the hardest difficulty I can was an achievement.
Kadaj108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#134 Kadaj108
Member since 2005 • 192 Posts
Then trophies/achievments shouldn't matter to you, for others it is nice to have bragging rights about certain things. I personally don't need achievments but they are nice to have. Just sprinkles on a cake.
huriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 huriona
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts

Achivements is the stupidest thing ever. Oh snap i killed a dude with a pistol while flying in the air with one health and destroying Halo with a tic-tac.avataraang1

ROFL

Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Judonwanit
Member since 2005 • 1246 Posts
Excuse me if I'm wrong but its just a new wave of nerd.  I mean what ever happened to earning rewards and achievements in real life.  Now you've got people playing games that they don't even like just to get an achievement to show off.  Thus Making them a bigger nerd.  I really hope Playstation doesn't make anything like this, ps3 needs to stay the mature console.:roll:
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
lol everyones jelous of achivments