so, most of the PS3 games may not use blueray disk??

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dd2005nian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dd2005nian
Member since 2005 • 764 Posts

just reading this

Quote:Originally Posted by TRega123Although you didn't provide a real link, you are correct. Every optical drive starts with CLV or constant linear velocity drives and then progresses to CAV or constant angular velocity.

CLV is good at reading data in adjacent sectors, however when data is scattered all over the disk (as is the case with games) there is a whole lot of slowdown due to poor seek times. CAV does not have this problem.

Both the sega CD and the PSP had CLV drives, and they have both demonstrated poor loading times. The good news is, PS3 games won't be on blu ray. They will be on DVD, just like xbox 360 games. They will not be on blu ray because of the poor seek times from the CLV blu ray drive.
I got this from a user from GameSpot (yes I know), is this really case with Blu-ray Drives and do you think games for the PlayStation 3 won't use Blu-ray Discs?

I know this may or may not be a stupid discussion, but can someone please answer this.

Moto19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Moto19
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
Hmmm seems plausible, I don't remember hearing that ps3 games were ever going to be on Blu-ray in the first place, someone provide a link?
Exeed_Orbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Exeed_Orbit
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
Well no one knows for sure, but my best bet is that the first and maybe even second generation of games won't even be using the BR disc. Not only due to the aforementioned point, but also due to the fact that they probably won't even need that much space in the first slew of games to come out.
Moonblade128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Moonblade128
Member since 2004 • 54 Posts
It all depends on the costs. If one blu-ray copy is cheaper to produce than 2 DL DVD's developers will prefer it. 
smartcriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smartcriminal
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts
dont listen to trega everytime a post comes up about blu-ray and hd dvd he bashes blu-ay. I dont see a reason why games wont be on blu-ray as next gen movies are already taking up the space on dual layer blu-rays
cheapness1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cheapness1
Member since 2003 • 883 Posts

well if you think back to the dawn of the ps2, the games mostly weren't on dvd but nowadays i think just about all of them are.

we'll probably see a similar trend with the ps3 with a dvd to blu-ray transition.

however if its the blu-ray drive that makes this an issue, how come it can read dvd's with CAV and blu-ray with CLV only? or does the drive two modes depending on the type of disc or what???

NICKnPSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 NICKnPSL
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts

Well no one knows for sure, but my best bet is that the first and maybe even second generation of games won't even be using the BR disc. Not only due to the aforementioned point, but also due to the fact that they probably won't even need that much space in the first slew of games to come out.Exeed_Orbit

lol you guys are so funny. some companies have already annouced that first generation xbox 360 games will be on two discs and so forth and one has even said that they might have to use 4 dvd-9 discs to fit their whole game on it

NICKnPSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NICKnPSL
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts

well if you think back to the dawn of the ps2, the games mostly weren't on dvd but nowadays i think just about all of them are.

we'll probably see a similar trend with the ps3 with a dvd to blu-ray transition.

however if its the blu-ray drive that makes this an issue, how come it can read dvd's with CAV and blu-ray with CLV only? or does the drive two modes depending on the type of disc or what???

cheapness1

well actually it will have 3 speed modes lol one to read cds one to read dvds and one to read blu-rays

miiiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 miiiguel
Member since 2005 • 1940 Posts
It's funny to see what people who are addicted to a brand - Sony - do while they wait, and wait, and wait - they talk about stuff that nobody cares.
CodeMunki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CodeMunki
Member since 2002 • 2740 Posts

lol you guys are so funny. some companies have already annouced that first generation xbox 360 games will be on two discs and so forth and one has even said that they might have to use 4 dvd-9 discs to fit their whole game on it

NICKnPSL

B.S.  Exactly zero companies have announced plans for multi-disk XBox360 games.  We'll probably never see a multi-disk 360 game.  We'll see very few if any PS3 games that needs more than 9GB of space, unless it's wasted on lots of FMV video.  It's amazing how easily people buy into unfounded Internet rumors...

cheapness1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cheapness1
[QUOTE="cheapness1"]

NICKnPSL

well actually it will have 3 speed modes lol one to read cds one to read dvds and one to read blu-rays

woah!! three speed modes...so how much are load times actually influenced by that? i mean games like GTA have a massive load time to start and then like hardly any loading! does streaming data off a blu-ray disc mean reduced loading...? doesn't it also matter how the developers progamme it etc.???

cheapness1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cheapness1

It's funny to see what people who are addicted to a brand - Sony - do while they wait, and wait, and wait - they talk about stuff that nobody cares. miiiguel

its funny to see you...wasting your time typing that when no one here really cares...haven't u got a console to play/something better to do with YOUR time

miiiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 miiiguel

[QUOTE="miiiguel"]It's funny to see what people who are addicted to a brand - Sony - do while they wait, and wait, and wait - they talk about stuff that nobody cares. cheapness1

its funny to see you...wasting your time typing that when no one here really cares...haven't u got a console to play/something better to do with YOUR time

Actually I'm at my lunch time at work, just finished X-Men II: RoA on PSP, so just having a look at PS3 GS spot, because I'll buy one if I feel like, but I do no hate any brand so I'll play with my X360 as well.
Regards fellow video gamers - please set yourself free from brand-addiction, you'll have more fun!!
cheapness1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cheapness1
[QUOTE="cheapness1"]

[QUOTE="miiiguel"]It's funny to see what people who are addicted to a brand - Sony - do while they wait, and wait, and wait - they talk about stuff that nobody cares. miiiguel

Actually I'm at my lunch time at work, just finished X-Men II: RoA on PSP, so just having a look at PS3 GS spot, because I'll buy one if I feel like, but I do no hate any brand so I'll play with my X360 as well.
Regards fellow video gamers - please set yourself free from brand-addiction, you'll have more fun!!

what if i like sony simply becaus eof the games that come out on their consoles. I haven't got enough money to buy all the consoles so i have to wait for ps3. If i had the money i'd buy every console so its more like money restriction than brand addiction. Oh and is xmenII:RoA good?

erikers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 erikers
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

[QUOTE="Exeed_Orbit"]Well no one knows for sure, but my best bet is that the first and maybe even second generation of games won't even be using the BR disc. Not only due to the aforementioned point, but also due to the fact that they probably won't even need that much space in the first slew of games to come out.NICKnPSL

Completely and utterly untrue. The fact you "lol" in every single post also backs up the fact you're an idiot. Stop spreading false rumors please, thank you.
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rvdecwthug1976
Member since 2005 • 4593 Posts
You guys should consider yourself Lucky, that gamespot does not have any rule againist spreading false rumors and lies and be thankful, that we do not have mean moderator's, because if I was a moderator, I would lock these threads in a heartbeat
Sushimaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Sushimaster
Member since 2003 • 2671 Posts
All that HD content needs more space, I would hope that they use the bluray drive for games, that is the ONE MAIN REASON I WAS GOING WITH THE PS3. It was essentially the only thing (besides cell) that it had going for it, larger discs mean more game/disc. I would expect it to be like it is now though, some games on dvd, some on CD, some on BD. Anyhow, blurays is faster than DVD. isn't it...
threepac81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 threepac81
Member since 2003 • 3459 Posts
[QUOTE="NICKnPSL"]

[QUOTE="Exeed_Orbit"]Well no one knows for sure, but my best bet is that the first and maybe even second generation of games won't even be using the BR disc. Not only due to the aforementioned point, but also due to the fact that they probably won't even need that much space in the first slew of games to come out.erikers

Completely and utterly untrue. The fact you "lol" in every single post also backs up the fact you're an idiot. Stop spreading false rumors please, thank you.

Well technically people are getting that rumor from a game developer for x360. I think the game there developing is Enchanted Arms or something like that.
New_Syntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 New_Syntax
Member since 2005 • 586 Posts
Trega is full of it(as Ive pointed out in other threads).

Read this article about early Blu-ray drives. Note the part about automatic CLV/CAV selection...
Kiaininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Kiaininja
Member since 2005 • 548 Posts

I hope alot of PS3 games do use Blu-Ray disks. Even tough you can make a big game on one DL-DVD, it takes up more developing time encrypting just to fit it on the disk. Maybe companies might feel that the cost of making a game on a Blu-Ray is cheaper than waisting developing time and money encrypting. And by using Blu-Ray might help games be released earlier.:wink:

Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts
some companies will use it and some wont. just like when ps2 launch few still used cd rom
jpbc9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jpbc9999
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
Just so you know...the bandwith exchange from bd to processor is what they will be using bd-rom for.  Not additional space first.  So, ah, yea they are using bd for the games.  It will save a lot on loading time.  Honestly, ima turn my back on sony though.  If they dont cough up something...soon...event or no event....ima straight out boycott them.  Ill even buy the other system.

[QUOTE="Exeed_Orbit"]Well no one knows for sure, but my best bet is that the first and maybe even second generation of games won't even be using the BR disc. Not only due to the aforementioned point, but also due to the fact that they probably won't even need that much space in the first slew of games to come out.NICKnPSL

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
well maybe a blu-ray drive is different to other drives like you mention,maybe they just work different,if they arent going to be on blu-ray disc's then sony fans are gonna be put off due to that being one of their arguments that make the ps3 a true next gen machine!
Teabutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Teabutt
Member since 2003 • 1161 Posts
oooooooo i never thought about this, i just thought they would all come on blu-ray, not just support it heh wow that goes to show that i don't think hard enough.. damn
Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
Not at the beginning of it's life cycle.
Moonblade128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Moonblade128
[QUOTE="NICKnPSL"]

[QUOTE="Exeed_Orbit"]Well no one knows for sure, but my best bet is that the first and maybe even second generation of games won't even be using the BR disc. Not only due to the aforementioned point, but also due to the fact that they probably won't even need that much space in the first slew of games to come out.erikers

You shouldn't call other people idiots. Especially not when they are right and you are wrong. Both Itagaki (Tecmo) and Enchanted arms developers have complained about the xbox360 storage medium.
They said even using TWO discs looked grim.
miiiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 miiiguel
emic
[QUOTE="miiiguel"] [QUOTE="cheapness1"]

[QUOTE="miiiguel"]It's funny to see what people who are addicted to a brand - Sony - do while they wait, and wait, and wait - they talk about stuff that nobody cares. cheapness1

what if i like sony simply becaus eof the games that come out on their consoles. I haven't got enough money to buy all the consoles so i have to wait for ps3. If i had the money i'd buy every console so its more like money restriction than brand addiction. Oh and is xmenII:RoA good?

cheapness: Sory for the harshness, but I've got an endemic reaction to "brand-haters" and "brand-addiction", but you've got have a good point - price, what I think is that it's no good for anybody if "some console kills other console", as the only way to push technology/price is competiton between suppliers, so it's good for X360, that PS3 bring very good games and vice-versa.
X-Men II: RoA, is quite amusing to play, as it has a quite large main quest, and the best cut-scenes I've seen in PSP, and it comes with some add-on missons based on some classic Marvel stories - nice touch. On the down-side the script, compared to X-Men I is quite poor (but maybe it's not a fair comparision as for me, X1 had one of the best game scripts I've seen)
islandkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 islandkiwi
Member since 2003 • 1893 Posts

Software developers that are concerned about space are developers that love using FMV, and lots of it.  So far the 360 does not have a multi-disc game on the horizon.

In my opinion, PS3 games will not be on Blu-Ray either.  PS3 is reputed to be backwards compatible, so it'll have the trusty old red laser system.  And if space in games is not an issue, why wouldn't you go with the trusty old red laser?  At this stage of development the trusty old laser processes faster than a Blu-Ray laser.  That will change, of course.

But Blu-Ray, as with Hd-Dvd,  is really about the movies. 

Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Game-o_O
Member since 2005 • 2275 Posts

just reading this

Quote:Originally Posted by TRega123Although you didn't provide a real link, you are correct. Every optical drive starts with CLV or constant linear velocity drives and then progresses to CAV or constant angular velocity.

CLV is good at reading data in adjacent sectors, however when data is scattered all over the disk (as is the case with games) there is a whole lot of slowdown due to poor seek times. CAV does not have this problem.

Both the sega CD and the PSP had CLV drives, and they have both demonstrated poor loading times. The good news is, PS3 games won't be on blu ray. They will be on DVD, just like xbox 360 games. They will not be on blu ray because of the poor seek times from the CLV blu ray drive.
I got this from a user from GameSpot (yes I know), is this really case with Blu-ray Drives and do you think games for the PlayStation 3 won't use Blu-ray Discs?

I know this may or may not be a stupid discussion, but can someone please answer this.

dd2005nian

I'm sorry, but that user is wrong.  The Blu-Ray doesn't incorperate CLV ;).  They are backwards capable with DVD, and I should note that DVDs have CLV drivers :o!
Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Game-o_O
[QUOTE="NICKnPSL"]

CodeMunki

B.S.  Exactly zero companies have announced plans for multi-disk XBox360 games.  We'll probably never see a multi-disk 360 game.  We'll see very few if any PS3 games that needs more than 9GB of space, unless it's wasted on lots of FMV video.  It's amazing how easily people buy into unfounded Internet rumors...

That isn't a rumour, its xbox 360 fanboys that defend that stuff.  A developer for the 360 already stated they have a 4 disc DVD game in the works, the title of the game is undisclosed though.  Its amazing how fanboys divert people from facts & truths.
Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Game-o_O
[QUOTE="NICKnPSL"]

Its not a rumour, and moderaters should consider that post an 'insult/flame'.
smartcriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 smartcriminal
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Software developers that are concerned about space are developers that love using FMV, and lots of it.  So far the 360 does not have a multi-disc game on the horizon.

In my opinion, PS3 games will not be on Blu-Ray either.  PS3 is reputed to be backwards compatible, so it'll have the trusty old red laser system.  And if space in games is not an issue, why wouldn't you go with the trusty old red laser?  At this stage of development the trusty old laser processes faster than a Blu-Ray laser.  That will change, of course.

islandkiwi

Actually blu-ray is faster then dvd and faster then Hd-dvd

kb8618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kb8618
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
probably only a few games will use blu-ray in the first year, i know that the next gta is going to be on it.
Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Game-o_O

islandkiwi

Actually, back when San Andreas was made they announced a city 6 times the size in GTA 4 (working title).  Either they'll go with 6 DVDs or Blu-Ray.  Btw, the laser is called a 'Blue' laser, thats the colour of it.  It just reads faster & can read/write in small dimensions.

"So far the 360 does not have a multi-disc game on the horizon." Haha, you have 3 on the horizon.  & Possible more that are still dis-closed.

Sony does have games coming out on the Blu-Ray roms, I'm sorry people but you're the ones spreading rumours, not the developers.
Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Game-o_O

Damn, someone beat me to the Gta example :p.  Oh, sorry about quoting everyone, I just can't resist correcting people :[.  I've seen the official charts showing the Blu-Ray vs. DVD at E3.  There is something about Dvds that makes it read from maximum to only half speed, something to do with its configuration.  If I remember the words exactly.. the chart said something about it only reading stuff not on the inner rim at half speed.

But the Blu-Ray has a constant speed with inner & outer communication.  You guys are looking for rumours?  I'll give you damn rumour, you people know about the 'scatch' resistance of the BR roms right?  I don't think it means resistant, I think it has a smart chip in it & the data moves sort of like slicing jello, its all still their just moved around.

I'll let you guys half bake your brains on that one ;o.

Dopeman84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dopeman84
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts
Wow its already been a couple of weeks since both Oblivion and Enchant Arm have been confirmed to be on 1 disc. Those are the only two games that had the "rumor" of multiple discs. Enchant Arm is already out in japan and on one disc, and Gamespot already had a news piece saying Oblivion is on one. People still seem to think these "rumors" still hold some weight, yet they have been squashed weeks ago.
partytimekegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 partytimekegs
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Xbox 360 doesn't even use HD-DVD technology for games.  I read that a Japanese spokes-person of Microsoft even said that HD-DVD isn't going to be used for XBOX360.  Someone in this message forum got the right idea and said something about a XBOX360 title having four cd's because it is very true. 
islandkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 islandkiwi

I did state that was my opinion.  If anyone wishes to come up with hard data stating that Blu-Ray processes faster than todays red lasers, I would welcome that info.  I believe PS3 will use that red laser, being cheaper and more reliable.  Sony has not said games will be released on Blu-Ray.  I expect some games will be, but really that's just an expectation.  If Sony says Blu-Ray will only be for movies, will that keep you from buying the system?

Saying that there are unnamed developers developing multi-disc games for the 360 doesn't fly.  Might as well start the sentence with, I heard from this guy...

Finally, GTA being six times the size does not mean it can't fit on one disc.  Wait until the developers say something.

partytimekegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 partytimekegs
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
The 360 doesn't even have a drive capable of reading HD-DVD video games.
Dopeman84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dopeman84
Xbox 360 doesn't even use HD-DVD technology for games. I read that a Japanese spokes-person of Microsoft even said that HD-DVD isn't going to be used for XBOX360. Someone in this message forum got the right idea and said something about a XBOX360 title having four cd's because it is very true. partytimekegs
Ready to get owned? "rumor" from months ago about Oblivion possibly being on 4 discs. http://www.joystiq.com/2005/12/04/certain-highly-anticipated-xbox-360-title-filling-four-discs/ Few weeks ago. Oblivion confirmed on ONE disc. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/news.html?sid=6142105
sunscorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sunscorch
Member since 2004 • 2512 Posts

:lol: I was the fool.

Moonblade128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Moonblade128

out of curiousity. are you saying there will be 2 lazers in the PS3?

.if so

. :lol: fool.

sunscorch

Actually the PS3 drive is a DVD/Blu-ray combo so it has two lasers: blue and red
islandkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 islandkiwi

Fool?

You're not going to get backwards compatibility without the red laser.  Sony has talked up the backwards compatibility (ps2 and psone games).

Bunnyslippers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bunnyslippers
Member since 2003 • 2171 Posts
[QUOTE="islandkiwi"]

I did state that was my opinion.  If anyone wishes to come up with hard data stating that Blu-Ray processes faster than todays red lasers, I would welcome that info.  I believe PS3 will use that red laser, being cheaper and more reliable.  Sony has not said games will be released on Blu-Ray.  I expect some games will be, but really that's just an expectation.  If Sony says Blu-Ray will only be for movies, will that keep you from buying the system?

Saying that there are unnamed developers developing multi-disc games for the 360 doesn't fly.  Might as well start the sentence with, I heard from this guy...

Finally, GTA being six times the size does not mean it can't fit on one disc.  Wait until the developers say something.

sunscorch

.if so

. :lol: fool.

From the official PS3 specs

Disc Media
CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Now you tell me how PS3 can read the cd's and dvd's without a red-laser and only a blue-laser.

BTW you will get owned if you don't post a decent awnser.

Moonblade128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Moonblade128
[QUOTE="Dopeman84"] Ready to get owned? "rumor" from months ago about Oblivion possibly being on 4 discs. http://www.joystiq.com/2005/12/04/certain-highly-anticipated-xbox-360-title-filling-four-discs/ Few weeks ago. Oblivion confirmed on ONE disc. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/news.html?sid=6142105

Your arguments are so flawed that you're self-owned.

1. No one ever stated the 4 disc xbox360 game was oblivion so that rumour hasn't been proved 'false' yet. Bethesda has been saying oblivion will be one disc game since E3.

2. Enchanted arms was never ever confirmed to be a one disc game. If it was, show me a link.
Dopeman84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dopeman84
[QUOTE="Moonblade128"] [QUOTE="Dopeman84"] Ready to get owned? "rumor" from months ago about Oblivion possibly being on 4 discs. http://www.joystiq.com/2005/12/04/certain-highly-anticipated-xbox-360-title-filling-four-discs/ Few weeks ago. Oblivion confirmed on ONE disc. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/news.html?sid=6142105

Your arguments are so flawed that you're self-owned.

1. No one ever stated the 4 disc xbox360 game was oblivion so that rumour hasn't been proved 'false' yet. Bethesda has been saying oblivion will be one disc game since E3.

2. Enchanted arms was never ever confirmed to be a one disc game. If it was, show me a link.

Ha not even close to self owned. It was stated a "highly anticipated" X360 title. I can't think of any other highly anticipated title that people would have thought would be on 4 discs other than Oblivion and Enchant Arm. People still keep claiming Oblivion and Enchant Arm will be on multiple discs. Well I already gave the link for Oblivion. Here a nice little link for Enchant Arm for you. http://xbox360.joystiq.com/2006/01/17/enchant-arm-fits-on-one-disc-after-all
Moonblade128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Moonblade128
Ah thanks for the links.

Btw that higly anticipated 4 disc game might be Gears of war or some other JRPG like lost odyssee or blue dragon.
sunscorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sunscorch
[QUOTE="sunscorch"][QUOTE="islandkiwi"]

Bunnyslippers

.if so

. :lol: fool.

From the official PS3 specs

Disc Media
CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Now you tell me how PS3 can read the cd's and dvd's without a red-laser and only a blue-laser.

BTW you will get owned if you don't post a decent awnser.

*folds hands and points index fingers upward*

I guess I don't know what lazers are capable of. I expected more. I have been owned. but out of curiousity. why do CD's and DVD's use the same lazer if the disc space is different? I expected the blu-ray lazer to work similar.

sunscorch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sunscorch

Fool?

You're not going to get backwards compatibility without the red laser.  Sony has talked up the backwards compatibility (ps2 and psone games).

islandkiwi

oh. and I appologize. me being owned was enough to prove that I was the fool in this instance.

islandkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 islandkiwi
[QUOTE="islandkiwi"]

Fool?

sunscorch

oh. and I appologize. me being owned was enough to prove that I was the fool in this instance.

Apology accepted.:D

And once again, this highly anticipated 360 game on 4 discs is not only purely speculative, but totally off-topic.  Read the topic and start from scratch.