San Andreas remake?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I was just looking up GTA V ideas and thought - Wouldn't it be great if they done a remake of San Andreas from the PS2. I mean, keep the same storyline, characters, places, everything! All they would have to do is up date the graphics to GTA IV engine, and then that game would be a 10.

What do you guys think - Agree or Disagree

Avatar image for XPrivateRyan22X
XPrivateRyan22X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 XPrivateRyan22X
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

San andreas will always be my favorite game.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

No SA was a awesome game and all but GTA is one of those series that doesnt need remakes they should just make a new place

dale_brah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dale_brah
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Dont get me wrong Gta Sa has a great sotryline alot of mission and a big map to explore,bicycles 2stroke dirtbikes etc alot of countyside able to change clothes workout etc gta iv u cannot but great graphics and yeh Gta V wud be good with gta sa stuff like the country side able to buy clothes,like in Sa,different dirtbikes and a nice map with a good town,country towns,and yeh.. it would be good more realistic like you can go into shopping markets,buy stuff like food own a house and go inside have a garage buy furniture a furniture truck drops it off u take it inside all that sort of stuff,you can steal cars also but only parked cars with kno1 around, and you can buy dealer ship cars and drive them home,when u crash HARD u have to get them fixed at mechanic that would be my dream of Gta V lol :)
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

Dont get me wrong Gta Sa has a great sotryline alot of mission and a big map to explore,bicycles 2stroke dirtbikes etc alot of countyside able to change clothes workout etc gta iv u cannot but great graphics and yeh Gta V wud be good with gta sa stuff like the country side able to buy clothes,like in Sa,different dirtbikes and a nice map with a good town,country towns,and yeh.. it would be good more realistic like you can go into shopping markets,buy stuff like food own a house and go inside have a garage buy furniture a furniture truck drops it off u take it inside all that sort of stuff,you can steal cars also but only parked cars with kno1 around, and you can buy dealer ship cars and drive them home,when u crash HARD u have to get them fixed at mechanic that would be my dream of Gta V lol :)dale_brah

pfft the two strokes sucked, not a good enough speed, just power for going up hills. the four strokes were great, high speed jumps ftw

JAM1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JAM1313
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
naw i think id rather play a gta5 with a fresh setting... but bring back some of the stuff from the san andres game like the bicycles, the weight lifting and getting fat etc
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
That's a stupid idea. Why remake a game that still plays pretty well by today's standards just because you want a graphical update?
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
That's a stupid idea. Why remake a game that still plays pretty well by today's standards just because you want a graphical update? Silent-Hal
I so argee and its not like GTA SA is hard to find in a game store like some classics i would like to play Xenogears and many more..
Sekiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Sekiam
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

Call me a racist or whatever... but I couldn't stand the characters in San Andreas.

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

I was just looking up GTA V ideas and thought - Wouldn't it be great if they done a remake of San Andreas from the PS2. I mean, keep the same storyline, characters, places, everything! All they would have to do is up date the graphics to GTA IV engine, and then that game would be a 10.

the game came out less than 5 years ago...it does not need a remake at all T.T gah people and graphics these days...Hopefully they will work on Vice city for this one (no not the exact same place character and storyline) but like they did with 4.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
I would like to see both vice city and san andreas as locations this gen,but with new storys and modes. And I want it like last gen where they were part of three,I do not want to see the next real GTA V untill next gen.
moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

It would be really cool to have Vice City bigger and better. Tomm Vercitti back into action for a new story. That would be really nice for the next GTA.

daveydag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 daveydag
Member since 2004 • 403 Posts
something new please, no remake, and san andreas was only one go game ago, not like its some old classic. new ideas and not too soon, we dont want another gta very soon anyway, work on it cos we dont want a mistake like gta4 again.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CosmoKing7717
something new please, no remake, and san andreas was only one go game ago, not like its some old classic. new ideas and not too soon, we dont want another gta very soon anyway, work on it cos we dont want a mistake like gta4 again.daveydag
GTA4 wasnt a mistake T.T
MGORedFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MGORedFire
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
good idea
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
hope not san andreas was the worst in the series for me
alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

No thank you, San Andrea's was one of the worse sandbox games I had ever played on any system. Put it like this I played SA and then the Godfather and then traded in SA.

No GTA game will ever match the greatness of Vice City

SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts
to bad there was WAY to much "gangsta" in san andreas to be any good... not to mention WAY TO MUCH rap music... maybe if they make it more "mafia" like gta 3 it'll be good. to be clear, no im not racist.. i could care less what skin color the main character goes by or the people he hangs out with.. but it doesnt need to be the stereotypical "black" guy that goes on with "n-this n- that and f that mother f-er" because it just makes the person sound stupid
fatredfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fatredfu
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I really wish you had included a box with bring back all the settings from SA. Stuff like...

all the motorcycles

the ability to jump into the water and swim

parachute backpacks when you jump out of planes

the ability to scale walls that are too high to just jump over

customizable character (maybe something like this would be better in V, like male or female character, one that can look like the you)

bicycles were cool to a degree also...

maybe the 'brown thunder' chopper and the vertical take off plane could missle lock better... (take some cues from Warhawk).

I have to say that these, and many other features of SA were what made GTA SA great. I found, that even though I liked the story line of GTA IV it was overall a game that I wouldn't play more than once or twice, where as GTA SA was a game i've played all the way through three times. (probably would do it again). I was disappointed with GTA IV. I think giving users the ability to make their character more like themselves or whomever they choose would be a big sell for Rockstar. Along with bringing back the parachute... it was awesome jumping off buildings and out of airplanes... the skydiving was one of my favorite features...

I don't care where the map or time takes place (so long as it's in the 19th or 20th century... ) I thought that GTA IV was a back step in this series, aside from the graphics that all new gen games should be expected to have...

-Fatredfu

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I really do not care where the next GTA takes place just aslong as it is not a gang-related type game then that would be cool with me. I think that gang-related type games are boring and stupid. What would be cool is a GTA game that you play as a cop(detective) and not like the other GTA game were you were a undercover cop.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 M0wen10

Dont get me wrong Gta Sa has a great sotryline alot of mission and a big map to explore,bicycles 2stroke dirtbikes etc alot of countyside able to change clothes workout etc gta iv u cannot but great graphics and yeh Gta V wud be good with gta sa stuff like the country side able to buy clothes,like in Sa,different dirtbikes and a nice map with a good town,country towns,and yeh.. it would be good more realistic like you can go into shopping markets,buy stuff like food own a house and go inside have a garage buy furniture a furniture truck drops it off u take it inside all that sort of stuff,you can steal cars also but only parked cars with kno1 around, and you can buy dealer ship cars and drive them home,when u crash HARD u have to get them fixed at mechanic that would be my dream of Gta V lol :)dale_brah

They might have stuff like that on PS4.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 M0wen10

I really wish you had included a box with bring back all the settings from SA. Stuff like...

all the motorcycles

the ability to jump into the water and swim

parachute backpacks when you jump out of planes

the ability to scale walls that are too high to just jump over

customizable character (maybe something like this would be better in V, like male or female character, one that can look like the you)

bicycles were cool to a degree also...

maybe the 'brown thunder' chopper and the vertical take off plane could missle lock better... (take some cues from Warhawk).

I have to say that these, and many other features of SA were what made GTA SA great. I found, that even though I liked the story line of GTA IV it was overall a game that I wouldn't play more than once or twice, where as GTA SA was a game i've played all the way through three times. (probably would do it again). I was disappointed with GTA IV. I think giving users the ability to make their character more like themselves or whomever they choose would be a big sell for Rockstar. Along with bringing back the parachute... it was awesome jumping off buildings and out of airplanes... the skydiving was one of my favorite features...

I don't care where the map or time takes place (so long as it's in the 19th or 20th century... ) I thought that GTA IV was a back step in this series, aside from the graphics that all new gen games should be expected to have...

-Fatredfu

fatredfu

That's what the first box is - everything

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 M0wen10

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

CosmoKing7717

the game came out less than 5 years ago...it does not need a remake at all T.T gah people and graphics these days...Hopefully they will work on Vice city for this one (no not the exact same place character and storyline) but like they did with 4.

Oh come on! They have done about 3 vice city settings already. Who wants another one.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 M0wen10

something new please, no remake, and san andreas was only one go game ago, not like its some old classic. new ideas and not too soon, we dont want another gta very soon anyway, work on it cos we dont want a mistake like gta4 again.daveydag

What was wrong with GTA IV. The only thing wrong is you!

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CosmoKing7717
[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="M0wen10"]

Oh come on! They have done about 3 vice city settings already. Who wants another one.

Yes but it would be a different map, just the same city name. Look at the difference between 4 and 3. Same map but so different. I just hope they can make a new Vice City (my fav game in the series) with new characters and a new story line (maybe with some easter eggs like doing jobs for Tommy). each of the ones already done in Vice City atleast had a new story, but you want an exact remake.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Yes they should make a remake. But only make a remake if it doesn't take away from a new GTA being made though.
aijou_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 aijou_
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts

I'd love a game set in similar cities as san andreas and includes all the great stuff they left out in GTA4. But a new storyline and characters, maybe some latino gang banger or similar. maybe CJ and others from SA could be there as minor parts of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Why remake a game that you can already play on your PS3 any time you want?
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 M0wen10

Why remake a game that you can already play on your PS3 any time you want?Nuck81

Because the graphics and gameplay are no good now.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Why remake a game that you can already play on your PS3 any time you want?Nuck81
I don't know, why don't you ask the people who want a Final Fantasy 7 Remake?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]Why remake a game that you can already play on your PS3 any time you want?M0wen10

The Gameplay is exactly the same. and the Grapics are still good enough. The Game is what Five years old? Besides I like the Feel of SA and Vice City a LOT better than GTAIV
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 M0wen10

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]Why remake a game that you can already play on your PS3 any time you want?Nuck81

The Gameplay is exactly the same. and the Grapics are still good enough. The Game is what Five years old? Besides I like the Feel of SA and Vice City a LOT better than GTAIV

"Still good enough". Do you play PS3 games, becuase I don't think you understand what "good graphics" are?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#34 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

god no ,, maybe a wii remake/port but no way in heck should they change the physics of it to gta ivs, i did not like the realism they tried to aim for , the cars are harder to handle, its fun in race mode i give that to em but they could have had realistic damage and the same physic- that would have been fine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="M0wen10"]

M0wen10

"Still good enough". Do you play PS3 games, becuase I don't think you understand what "good graphics" are?

I guess I actually look for more in a game than "something purty" Graphics for Genesis NES, and Super Nintendo are still good enough in my eyes.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 M0wen10

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]Why remake a game that you can already play on your PS3 any time you want?Nuck81

I truly feel sorry for you if you believe that Other PS2 GTA'S are better than GTA IV.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="M0wen10"]

M0wen10

I truly feel sorry for you if you believe that Other PS2 GTA'S are better than GTA IV.

Don't feel sorry for me Slick, I think you'll find that;s actually the majority opinion.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 M0wen10

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"] The Gameplay is exactly the same. and the Grapics are still good enough. The Game is what Five years old? Besides I like the Feel of SA and Vice City a LOT better than GTAIVNuck81

Don't feel sorry for me Slick, I think you'll find that;s actually the majority opinion.

I have had time to calm down, so I am writing this to say sorry. I didn't mean to put my views across so forcefully, so I hope there are no hard feelings. Everyone has different opinions and it was wrong of me to be so rude, so sorry. :oops:

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#39 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I think GTA5 should take place back in San Adreas but with an all new story,characters etc,etc.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#40 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

I loved the MAP, i would rather hav new game but same setting. Or just a new one thts in a place tht was like San Andreas (A lot of country places). I loved San Andreas just for tht reason, it wasnt all just the same old boring city-Liberty City (though i loved GTA III) and San Andreas cities were actually cool, with the San Francisco street like in real life (the real curvy one), it had baseball stadiums, golf courses, and railroad tracks and more. U went to the gym to get strong, u could just put anything on ur guy, like in new cities, it would hav a new store with cooler things. The goin out on dates with girlfriend were fun. But most of all, i liked bein in the country most of the game, u would go on the street, see a guy on a tractor, hotdog stand, bicycle, and even trucks with rigs on the back. Wat a great game, they dstroyed it with GTA IV. Maybe next one will be good. O ya, and goin to the Pimp ur car out shops were cool!

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
san andreas was one of my fav ps2 games. but i think GTA V should be set in a new place, perhaps outside of amerika this time
deon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deon99
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts
san andreas best game in the series hands down.i would love any kinda remake.
malezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 malezz
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

it would only be good for the people that haven;t played SA but for people have played the game no that would be to repetive

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts

Oh god please no! Why would you want a remake? If you like San Andreas so much just play it. If the game is good enough there's no need for a remake. Also San Andreas is the only GTA game I haven't liked, but that has nothing to do with the fact that remakes are bad.

Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

Why would you want a remake. The game still looks great and its not too old. Maybe a revisit for the PSP like Vice City stories and so on.

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is my favourite game ever. I would be psyked for a remake! :D

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I would love that

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Not a remake no. But something of that size with next gen powers and GTA4's physics? Yes.

Tim_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Tim_Drake
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is my favourite game ever. I would be psyked for a remake! :D

smithster118

I've liked every single GTA that's come out, San Andreas, Vice City, GTA 4. I wouldn't mind seeing a Remake of San Andreas but to redo that entire game in GTA 4's graphics? That would take ages, and you'd most likely require a really powerful system to run it without it being choppy.

Also the people who complain about San Andreas having too much Rap, that was only one station, there were plenty of other music stations, I understand it doesn't have music that you'd be hearing today but San Andreas was set in 1992 so you're bound to hear what was most popular in the West Coast (R&B, Rap, Soul, Classic Rock, and Rock)

All GTA games had great music, if you don't like the music, turn it off and listen to your MP3 player.

Grizzly_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Grizzly_7
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
i think that it shud be more like the older gta's instead of gta 4