Religion and Video Games

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

So this is just something I was curious about. Everyone here is of course a gamer but what i want to know is are you gamers religious in any way. If you are religious what religion do you practice, and how does your religion affect the way you play or view different kinds of video games. Remember guys we are all fellow gamers here and this thread is not ment to offend or insult anyone for their beliefs.

Me personally I am not really religious at all, and i have never seen something offensive or too over the top in a video game that made me not want to get it. (if i dont want to get a game it is because it simply looks like a bad game or just not my style of gaming)

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts

I'm Christian. I don't buy games with sex and nudity. I will play games with violence, as long as it's not disgusting gore and stuff. Not a big fan of strong language either. But I'm in the minority like this. O well :)

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

Not religious, and I'll play anything as long as it's worth my time.

My dad is religious, and he won't avoid a game because of his beliefs, but it does affect how he plays a game. He played WoW for awhile, and refused to play any class/race that looked slightly evil, and moral choices in games are always good. But he has no problems playing as the Empire (Star Wars) or games like Diablo or Quake.

Last week there was a thread in the 360 forum by a Mormon who wanted the locations of all the sexual content in New Vegas so he could murder the women beforehand. Seems a little backwards to me.

Avatar image for darkassassin911
darkassassin911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 darkassassin911
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

I'm Muslim, i'm fairly religious. like the guy below your post,i won't really buy games with a lot of sex or nudity, but I'm ok with scenes like in AC2, violence is ok but I don't really like gory games like God of War 3 (its just disgusting and cuz of my religion, but even if i wasn't a muslim, I still wouldn't play it). I'm in the minority like you bobdood99

P.S. I don't think this is the right place for this kind of topic, I won't report it or anything

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'm not religious at all, but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying a game or movie where a character is on a religious quest or something. I enjoyed Star Wars and I don't believe that was real either.

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
Im religious but I'm pretty loose about it. I'd say im christian but that doesn't stop me from playing games I like. I'll just have to hope God doesn't keep me out of heaven for ravaging Aphrodite in God Of War.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I'm an atheist and I guess I stop my comment here to not get moddded xD

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I'm Christian. I don't buy games with sex and nudity. I will play games with violence, as long as it's not disgusting gore and stuff. Not a big fan of strong language either. But I'm in the minority like this. O well :)

bobdood99

Now I am not criticizing you, but I think that way of thinking (usually American, I am from NA) is odd. How is Sex and nudity bad, but chainsawing a guys head off or severing his limbs ok?

I am Christian and I will buy and play just about any game, but there are SOME times where I get annoyed by certain things. I don't mind swearing one bit, but Killzone 2 was just annoying with the amount of F words they dropped. I am happy they are pulling back on that in KZ3. Also I have no problem with sex in games or anything like that, but must every RPG (WRPG) now have the option of screwing the NPC? It isn't a matter of the content in the game, its a matter of how it comes across for me. When it feels forced and cheesily done just to cater to the younger audience (I guess), then it is annoying.

As for games talking about religion, that is fine by me, as long as they are not downright bashing God or whatnot. I have no problem seeing everyones side or whatnot, just as in music. yeah ok the singer is angry at God and hes unsure about it all, thats fine, I just hate trash metal music (I like some metal) that repeatedly bashes God, religion, and does it in an awful way. What the hell good is that doing anyone?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Im religious but I'm pretty loose about it. I'd say im christian but that doesn't stop me from playing games I like. I'll just have to hope God doesn't keep me out of heaven for ravaging Aphrodite in God Of War.Tetrarch9

lol its just a game, I honestly dont even find that stuff fun or anything in GoW, and they use that kind of stuff way too often, but yeah who cares. I am pretty sure that if you realize its a game and you don't go and commit crimes or live an awful life God will understand ;). The other day I was punching birds in crysis and I would NEVER do that in real life :P.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I tend to shout "Jesus Christ!" or even "Oh My **** GOD!!!" when I get killed, does that count?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I HATE RELIGION§

lasseeb

That's a bit harsh... I tend to look at religions as being the same in nature. If you dissect the major religions and movements across history, they all hold a core set of tenets to their philosophy; Being a good pillar of society, being productive to your family and community, staying on the side of law and righteousness, not shtooping the neighbor's wife, pride of grooming and hygiene...

From the Koran to the Bible to the Torah to the Hagakure, it's all essentially the same message. Which is why I don't get the disparity and anger from one to the next, when concerning peoples of a slightly different flavor. We all want the same thing, just in a different language.

Sorry to take it a little off-topic, but the above statement triggered me. My joke in the previous post was certainly not meant to offend anyone's sensibilities. It just came out... So I apologize for my joke. I don't hate religious practice, or the folks who believe.

:)

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I'm not religious at all and that's where I'll stop myself, do avoid getting moderated by the oh so logical mods here.:roll: So basically the only things that affect what I play is my tastes and what I find really interesting.
justin01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 justin01
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts

Hmm. I was being raised as a catholic, until my mom died when I was only a child, and right after my baby sis was born. My father hated god for that. So we stopped going to church, stopped praying, stopped all that stuff. We know there is something coming after death, and we have our proof, but we sure don't feel the need to worship something we can't see, especially when it did us no good before. It is what it is.

I play any game I wish, religion never has a say in the matter.

alanthreonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alanthreonus
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I grew up Lutheran, but by the time I was 15 or so, I stopped believing in god. Not because I was angry with him or something juvenile like that; I just didn't see any reason to believe he existed without any evidence. I'll play just about any game as long as it isn't about raping people or something like that, and I felt that way even when I was a believer.

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts

[QUOTE="bobdood99"]

NaveedLife

Now I am not criticizing you, but I think that way of thinking (usually American, I am from NA) is odd. How is Sex and nudity bad, but chainsawing a guys head off or severing his limbs ok?

I am Christian and I will buy and play just about any game, but there are SOME times where I get annoyed by certain things. I don't mind swearing one bit, but Killzone 2 was just annoying with the amount of F words they dropped. I am happy they are pulling back on that in KZ3. Also I have no problem with sex in games or anything like that, but must every RPG (WRPG) now have the option of screwing the NPC? It isn't a matter of the content in the game, its a matter of how it comes across for me. When it feels forced and cheesily done just to cater to the younger audience (I guess), then it is annoying.

As for games talking about religion, that is fine by me, as long as they are not downright bashing God or whatnot. I have no problem seeing everyones side or whatnot, just as in music. yeah ok the singer is angry at God and hes unsure about it all, thats fine, I just hate trash metal music (I like some metal) that repeatedly bashes God, religion, and does it in an awful way. What the hell good is that doing anyone?

Did you not see that I wrote that I don't like games with disgusting gore?
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

As a devout Catholic, I can honestly say, that when it comes to mature subject matter, I don't give a ****.

Entertainment is entertainment, fun is fun, opinions are opinions. I'm also not entirely sure where being religious means you don't play violent video games, or just video games in general.

CobraKai83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CobraKai83
Member since 2010 • 132 Posts

I'm a christian with a firm belief but it doesn't really impact my gaming choices. I play most games in my fav. genres and the only real subject i prefer not to play is dealing with drugs. Sex, violence, language doesn't bother me but drugs really do.

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
I'm atheist, and it doesn't really affect how I view any games. Video games are one of the few things that religion doesn't really have much of an influence on.
alanthreonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 alanthreonus
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I'm a christian with a firm belief but it doesn't really impact my gaming choices. I play most games in my fav. genres and the only real subject i prefer not to play is dealing with drugs. Sex, violence, language doesn't bother me but drugs really do.

CobraKai83

Actually, now that you mention it, I kinda feel the same way. I guess it's because I don't know any murderers, but I do know people who have dealt drugs, so it feels more real to me. But having said that, I did make a killing off cocaine in GTA: Chinatown Wars.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I'm a Christian. I'm fine with really anything, it's just entertainment and I don't have to agree with it just because I'm playing it.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

I am a Christian and although my belief's do not prevent me from playing games, it does impact how I play them.

I will play CoD and BFBC, but I try not curse at people, use God's name in vane etc. basically showing my belief's though my actions. In RPG's, I always play the "good guy" and although certain options are available, like the option to steal in Fallout 3, I don't do it. (yeah, you heard me, I don't steal from citizens in FO3.) If character's have a sexual relationship, its not homosexual and I don't slaughter civilians.

This is not a limitation, but instead enhances my gaming experience. I feel better and enjoy the game more by following God's will. Its not like I wish I could do things available because of my religion forbids it but instead it makes it more satisfying by not choosing to do so.

I would say my belief does not keep me from being a gamer and playing any game, but it does guide my conduct in how I go about playing them. I don't pretend to walk aperfect line nor do I preach to others, but Ibelieve it is my actions that speak volumes in ways that God either approves of or will forgive methough my intentions.

Refreshing topic TC. Good post.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I'm not religious now, but I was raised as a fundamentalist christian. When I was a kid i felt bad even playing games like Doom and wouldn't touch anything related to DnD because we were always told about people getting possessed by demons by playing those games. I've moved on, but content-wise, I'm still uncomfortable with extreme gore and stuff that is clearly just there to insult the religious.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

I am a Christian and although my belief's do not prevent me from playing games, it does impact how I play them.

I will play CoD and BFBC, but I try not curse at people, use God's name in vane etc. basically showing my belief's though my actions. In RPG's, I always play the "good guy" and although certain options are available, like the option to steal in Fallout 3, I don't do it. (yeah, you heard me, I don't steal from citizens in FO3.) If character's have a sexual relationship, its not homosexual and I don't slaughter civilians.

This is not a limitation, but instead enhances my gaming experience. I feel better and enjoy the game more by following God's will. Its not like I wish I could do things available because of my religion forbids it but instead it makes it more satisfying by not choosing to do so.

I would say my belief does not keep me from being a gamer and playing any game, but it does guide my conduct in how I go about playing them. I don't pretend to walk aperfect line nor do I preach to others, but Ibelieve it is my actions that speak volumes in ways that God either approves of or will forgive methough my intentions.

Refreshing topic TC. Good post.

Ninja_Zombie83

thank you for this nice solid post! (not saying i dont appreciate the others i just like how you went into how religion impacts how you play).

But like i said earlier i am not religious but i still do what you do in open choice RPG's. I always follow the good path. It just doesnt feel right to do all of the really evil things in games. But the only difference is i can steal from people in a video game. In the game it will just sit on their person or in their house and they will never ever use it, but if it is something i want then i would use it all the time. So i view it less as stealing and more as giving the item a purpose in the game.

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#25 Jack_240
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

I'm a muslim myself and respect every belief and religion but I'm not too religious myself. I tend to play games according to their ratings and genres and I choose my games carefully. It's not because of nudity, sex, violence. I just think that I should be diverse in my games that's all. I have games rated MA, E, E+10.. etc.

I remember when playing Modern Warfare 2 when I first bought it at launch. I insert the disc game and started the single-player story. At the early chapter, when you are forced to shoot unarmed people. Only that moment gave a little distubance I was like " Oh My God, I'm like a psychopath "

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

I believe there is a god but i dont really consider myself a certain religion..i guess if i had to be categorized id be a christian because i study bible and believe it all..but ive always hated religious grouping. Anyways, although i have religious morals because of my belief of judgement, its never stopped me from playing any game. All a game is is animation, and one could argue "Oh well it puts that mental sex image or brutal image in your mind." But imo, walking around walmart and seeing a hot chick (rare in walmart) and thinking to your friend "id tap that" is no better. Everyone has thoughts, were all human.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
Yes, my faith does influence my gaming... and other entertainment for that matter. It doesn't bother me to see other people playing games like GTA4, or something else that really pushes the boundaries of what's acceptable in video games. I choose not to play these games because I don't want it in my house, and I especially don't want my children or younger family members to witness me playing them. Most of the language I can tolerate... it's all the G-d's and F-bombs that turn me off. This is one thing Uncharted did far too much... a game rated T should not have that kind of language in it. UC2 was much better in that respect though. I'm also glad to hear that KZ3 will be curtailing it's language. When I play online, I just mute the people with foul mouths... unfortunately that's most of them;) It's pretty simple for me really. The Bible tells me certain things that God doesn't want me to do, say, or even witness. So, I do my best not to. I'm not perfect by any means, but I have to work at being a Christian. It's not something that you can just claim to be and then everything is all good. Being a Christian is harder than not being one. I agree TC, good post. Glad to see I'm not the only believer around here.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
Not religious, however I would like to see more games where religion is integral to the story and characters. I thoroughly enjoy it as subject matter in other media.
blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts
i m totally religious FULL ON religious and i m a muslim ....but never have i passed on a game thinking about religion in it i played heavy rain with nudity i have played gow3 n enjoyed it alot played no russian mission in mw2 n i felt like a monster like die people die :D muahahahahaha but i like violence only in videogames otherwise i m a sweet loving person :P i keep religion n gaming apart actually if i dont like any thing i usually fly past it n never think abt it ever but i dont think i hav ever come across anything tht i m offended from
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
I don't see why Christians would have aproblem with gore and violence, after all they tortured and made holy war in the middle ages, in fact I'm sure religion has caused more violence than anything else, just look at the middle east and read some history books.
risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

Talk about El Shaddai as a religious title(a little off topic)

I play all games regardless of anything. I'm 20 and i don't find religious or occult games offensive,

Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

I don't see why Christians would have aproblem with gore and violence, after all they tortured and made holy war in the middle ages, in fact I'm sure religion has caused more violence than anything else, just look at the middle east and read some history books.Deathtransit
Alright, that was in the past though. I understand people's hatred (not saying that's what you are doing, I'm saying people I've met) towards Christians, but I find that some of them are unreasonable. We should all hate white people (I'm white by the way, just so people don't call me out as racist) for enslaving other races.

People seem to bring hatred to the past for certain groups of people but not others, I find that irrational. If you are willing to call out Christians (again this is about the hatred, I can't really make an argument about slavery in games) then you should be willing to call out yourself for things you've done in the past.

Anyway to be on topic. I am an active Protestant Christian, and I am willing to play anything I'm willing to watch or read about. I have played Heavy Rain, God of War, Bioshock. A lot of games that have things in them that I'd be willing to watch in a movie or readin a book(Maybe not God of War, that's pretty gruesome and seeing it with people would be brutal)

I generally pick the "good" path in video games when I get the choice. But it varies if I do all the time.

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Deathtransit
^^it's true I've met good Christian people and they are anything but violent, but even most of them are intolerant about other peoples way of life, like gays, and we all know intolerance can lead to violence, more so than playing GTA.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

im not religious and i feel my personal morals don't need to be reflected through 1's and 0's, I have no qualms being evil in a game (especially if its funny) it's just that, a game. i can discern between fantasy and reality and the objective morality required in one isn't necessary in the other.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I am a proud and practicing Catholic. I tend to play most games as long as they interest me and don't get really horrible reviews. I really like the Uncharted series and games like GOW and Castlevania, but the most important thing for me in a game is story. Whether it is a movie, song, or video game...if it doesn't have a theme or message that is actually engaging and makes you think or question things then it isn't worth my time.
KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

I'm personally agnostic, but I think I'm leaning towards atheism.

And no, it doesn't affect my choices in gaming at all.

I have parents for that. :P

Ignicaeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ignicaeli
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts

I guess I "was" catholic sometime in my childhood, but currently there is no specific religious dogma I addere to. I believe in the existence of God and thas it.

Therefore, my religion (or lack of any) does not influence my gaming habits in any conceivable way.

• Strong language? Sure, why not, people use it in everyday life, as long as it's not overused in the game I don't mind it.
  • Nudity? Depends on context, but no, I don't mind it either.
  • Violence? Everyday I turn the tv on and watch the news (Or read certain newspapers) I'm overflowed with info (And videos in the case of the tv) on violence. Videogames merely reflect this characteristic of humanity, as we are (sadly) a violent lot by nature.
  • Gore? I don't mind it... really.
  • Moral choices on the game? Great! I usually go for the good run through first, and the evil on the second.

In the end I don't believe that God worries a bit with my gaming habits...

PS.: Even though this topic should go better on the GGD (Maybe), it's refreshing to see how civil and orderly people are responding to it here. Way to go everyone. :)

The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts

I'm a Christian. I personally don't care for games where the blood and gore is the prime attraction (ie.Splatterhouse) or there is just an excessive amount. I don't really mind the occasional swear word or two but when every other word is a swear word it just puts me off. I also don't like games where the main objective is to do cruel things.

I'm not really that strict on the games I pick but I don't like to play games that are in short, a slaughterhouse-swearing match-baby eating-gang shootout.

It's not just because that i'm Christian either. I just as person don't like that kind of stuff.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I'm against religion and my view is simple. "Don't shove it down anyone's throats", that's all there is to it.

You can base stories on religious lore and myth, but it's dead when it gets preachy to "joing their side".

I also find this spun fake idealism a little hypocritical when it comes to "I can't see this because I'm that", when they like to pick and choose what is commanded of them. Pixelated blood anyone? Or how about those who are A-OK for violence, shooting, slicing and gore, but faint and make a ruckus at the sight of polygon cleavage. Or thinking they can control the situation matter by claiming "I'll play a shooting game as long as there's no blood". How does this make any sense at all..?

jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

I don't really belong to any religion, but I'm also not an atheist. The closest thing I've found to being able to identify with is being a Deist. That said, I don't really care if a game has sex, language, or violence in it - as long as they actually fit into a coherent plot and aren't just thrown in for the sake of it or are the focus of it. Games like Madworld, Gears of War, and Manhunt are much too unnecessarily violent and brutalto the point that they are not enjoyable to me.

OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

[QUOTE="bobdood99"]

NaveedLife

Most likely it easy not to think about chopping someone head off in real life when you play a game but if you watch some nude women your going to start thinking about it so they limit their temptation and its very understandable .

even Jesus was tempted with stuff it only sin if you act on it.

And you know how us man are 9 times out of 10 where thinking about having sex.

which in christian/Judaism/Islamic sex is fine just it has to be with your spouse.

evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 evil_angel74
Member since 2007 • 988 Posts
I'm atheist and I don't think it has any affect on my gaming life. Games with religion in the stories like Final Fantasy X or Assassin's Creed don't bother me. As long as it is there for a reason and not just to preach. Not that I've come across a game to do so.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jshaas
I'm atheist and I don't think it has any affect on my gaming life. Games with religion in the stories like Final Fantasy X or Assassin's Creed don't bother me. As long as it is there for a reason and not just to preach. Not that I've come across a game to do so.evil_angel74
That's nice, but this isn't really what TC is talking about. He's asking if our religion has an impact on what, and how, we play games. Not so much if there's religious content in a game. So, how does your "religion" impact your gaming?
_N_R_G_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 _N_R_G_
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

I am a christian and i will pretty much play anything with anything in it. I like games with gore, and i dont mind games with sex and nudity (in a non weird way)

The ONLY type of games i dont buy are demonic ones.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jshaas
I don't see why Christians would have aproblem with gore and violence, after all they tortured and made holy war in the middle ages, in fact I'm sure religion has caused more violence than anything else, just look at the middle east and read some history books.Deathtransit
Mainly because the violence committed was due to a gross misinterpretation of the Bible. Even the Pope apologized for the Crusades... centuries after they happened. I think people's misunderstanding of one another has led to the violence you speak of... and unfortunately religion is still getting the blame.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

I'm against religion and my view is simple. "Don't shove it down anyone's throats", that's all there is to it.

You can base stories on religious lore and myth, but it's dead when it gets preachy to "joing their side".

I also find this spun fake idealism a little hypocritical when it comes to "I can't see this because I'm that", when they like to pick and choose what is commanded of them. Pixelated blood anyone? Or how about those who are A-OK for violence, shooting, slicing and gore, but faint and make a ruckus at the sight of polygon cleavage. Or thinking they can control the situation matter by claiming "I'll play a shooting game as long as there's no blood". How does this make any sense at all..?

Denji

Amen brother:P

Seriously, I am in 100% agreement.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

[QUOTE="Denji"]

anime_gamer007

Amen brother:P

Seriously, I am in 100% agreement.

So much for not shoving it down others' throats, eh? Or does that only apply when it's something you disagree with?
soopernewt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 soopernewt
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts

im not verry religus. i love GoW (im just a greek mythology nut(: )i play almost anny game i find fun...except CoD it just to over popular i cant stand it(and im a rpg freak) i dont mind games that follo religus storys or events, i like learning new things plus i just love fiction(not saying religeon isent true it just falls under that category for me cus... ya never know)games that are over gory just to sell bug me but there still fun to mess around with (play them at firends house XD)

... and last of all WHY THE HELL DID I USE SO MEANY ((()))))()()(()()

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#49 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

Im religious. Video games of themselves are morally neutral. Its up to you and your conscience to discern if a product crosses the line and not support it. Also, you need be disciplined in making sure that you don't dedicate an inordinate about of time to something which is nothing more than entertainment, i.e. be moderate.

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Deathtransit
[QUOTE="jshaas"] Mainly because the violence committed was due to a gross misinterpretation of the Bible. Even the Pope apologized for the Crusades... centuries after they happened. I think people's misunderstanding of one another has led to the violence you speak of... and unfortunately religion is still getting the blame.

Or maybe it wasn't a misinterpretation, and now it is. Or maybe the muslims are right, and not the Catholics. Or maybe the Mormons are right. Or maybe the Catholics are right, and everyone else is going to Hell. Anyways, the violence came (comes) from intolerance, which comes from Religion. I'm not saying all practitioners are intolerant, but religion creates as much hatred as it does love, and inspires much more violence than GTA.