NG:Sigma and NG:Black comparison shots.

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rock_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rock_boy
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

Hi guys, I was bored so I thought I would take some comparison shots on my 19 inch samsung monitor, of NG:black(running on 360) and sigma. I took them without flash so the pics didn't turn out that good. Just thought i would share them with you guys. Enjoy.

SigmaBlackSigmaBlackSigmaBlack

Sigma

MonkaTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 MonkaTG
Member since 2006 • 2596 Posts
sigma look a lot better
sm66612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sm66612
Member since 2004 • 453 Posts

sigma look a lot betterMonkaTG

A lot better!:D 

rock_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rock_boy

[QUOTE="MonkaTG"]sigma look a lot bettersm66612

A lot better!:D

My thoughts exactly.
whiteshadow55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 whiteshadow55
Member since 2003 • 425 Posts
lot lot better:)
_stoprocent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _stoprocent_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Sigma is one of the firsts games on PS3 so plz be placable. The developers just start learning how to write games on PS3... IMO the photos are good but not impressive =)
SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts

the game has improved better graphicaly.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
He looks so much more bada** without sleeves.
RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts

He looks so much more bada** without sleeves.The_Rick_14

My thoughts exactly. For a second I thought the one without sleeves was NG:BLack. 

UGAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UGAH
Member since 2004 • 283 Posts

I played both and sigma is the best among other versions

NazzyQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NazzyQ
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts
Nice one, rock boy. I was actually  just looking for a comparison myself
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I prefer how sigma looks.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
The shots do look a lot better but $60 is alot to pay for the game when Assassins, DMC4, GTA4, and other games will be out like 3 or 4 months later.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
really impressive. In most people's memory, the original still looks very good, but when you compare them side by side, there are worlds between the 2 versions.
javeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 javeto
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
Yes Sigma look's much better, as a matter fact it look's 3 years better than NG black graphics. This is stupid to compare a game from 2004 to a game made on 2007. And this game is not just a port I have played NG, NG black and definetly will play Sigma. It is the second reason why I bougth a PS3
tcc024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tcc024
Member since 2003 • 197 Posts
I kind of like his old outfit better, a more traditional ninja look.
treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 treelog187
Member since 2005 • 2111 Posts
^All the outfits will be available in Sigma.  And on another note these screens dont do either game any justice.
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

Yes Sigma look's much better, as a matter fact it look's 3 years better than NG black graphics. This is stupid to compare a game from 2004 to a game made on 2007. And this game is not just a port I have played NG, NG black and definetly will play Sigma. It is the second reason why I bougth a PS3javeto

I agree, I am amazed anyone would even try and do a comparison.

You are talking about a brand new console with the ps3 vs. old school tech. Please get real of course the ps3 version is better. An idiot could have figure that out.

Psythce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Psythce
Member since 2003 • 1173 Posts

[QUOTE="javeto"]Yes Sigma look's much better, as a matter fact it look's 3 years better than NG black graphics. This is stupid to compare a game from 2004 to a game made on 2007. And this game is not just a port I have played NG, NG black and definetly will play Sigma. It is the second reason why I bougth a PS3cjnwo4life

You are talking about a brand new console with the ps3 vs. old school tech. Please get real of course the ps3 version is better. An idiot could have figure that out.

You know your right , but the problem is nobody cared whether it was 3 years ago or not , the comparison wasnt to justify anything , It was just to show people the differences , so I dont understand your philosophy on how you took a basic check out these screen shots, and turned it into some sort of moronic Knowledgable Rating game of the two games on both systems , Nothing to do about an idiot looking at the pictures to decide what's better , I guess the question is who's the idiot making a post about a subject that doesn't exist?
-Ven-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Ven-
Member since 2007 • 318 Posts
Un-papralleled.. incredible.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
19"..... 
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

He looks so much more bada** without sleeves.The_Rick_14

After the 1st level you would get that outfit anyway. 

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]He looks so much more bada** without sleeves.anime-2k3

After the 1st level you would get that outfit anyway.

Ahh gotcha. I'm a Gaiden Noob.  Never played the originals. 

cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
[QUOTE="cjnwo4life"]

[QUOTE="javeto"]Yes Sigma look's much better, as a matter fact it look's 3 years better than NG black graphics. This is stupid to compare a game from 2004 to a game made on 2007. And this game is not just a port I have played NG, NG black and definetly will play Sigma. It is the second reason why I bougth a PS3Psythce

You know your right , but the problem is nobody cared whether it was 3 years ago or not , the comparison wasnt to justify anything , It was just to show people the differences , so I dont understand your philosophy on how you took a basic check out these screen shots, and turned it into some sort of moronic Knowledgable Rating game of the two games on both systems , Nothing to do about an idiot looking at the pictures to decide what's better , I guess the question is who's the idiot making a post about a subject that doesn't exist?

You are not making any sense whatsoever.

You got all bent for what?

The only thing good about comparing the game then and now is so that we can see just how far technology has grown so quickly. Just think what things will look like in 4 years time. That is amazing.

Outside of that I think you need to relax since you are taking things way to seriously.

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
The debate about which looks better (based on more advanced technology) is pointless. Everyone agrees it looks better. But the GOOD NEWS for Sony fans is that there are actually a lot of gamers that want to buy Sigma even though they played it before on the xbox/360.

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
wow! I'm definitely getting this game.
rock_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rock_boy
Nice one, rock boy. I was actually just looking for a comparison myselfNazzyQ
Thanx mate. And to the people getting irritated, in no way am I trying to put down the original NG in anyway, I have played Black and beaten and loved every moment of it. I just did the comparison to show how far graphics have come, and to open the eyes of those who are skeptical about the game. Again no harm intended.
manny203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 manny203
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts

sigma look a lot betterMonkaTG

for sure it's a very much improved version of NG 

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
what horrible pictures you have there, TC. 
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Black running on a 360 vs. Sigma.  I'm sure you can figure out which are which.

BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BIGDEE06
Member since 2006 • 2322 Posts
Black running on a 360 vs. Sigma.  I'm sure you can figure out which are which.

Dreams-Visions
Now that's a comparison, thanks!
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
[QUOTE="cjnwo4life"]

[QUOTE="javeto"]Yes Sigma look's much better, as a matter fact it look's 3 years better than NG black graphics. This is stupid to compare a game from 2004 to a game made on 2007. And this game is not just a port I have played NG, NG black and definetly will play Sigma. It is the second reason why I bougth a PS3Psythce

You know your right , but the problem is nobody cared whether it was 3 years ago or not , the comparison wasnt to justify anything , It was just to show people the differences , so I dont understand your philosophy on how you took a basic check out these screen shots, and turned it into some sort of moronic Knowledgable Rating game of the two games on both systems , Nothing to do about an idiot looking at the pictures to decide what's better , I guess the question is who's the idiot making a post about a subject that doesn't exist?

yea for some reasons us human beings really like seeing comparisons which is why all comparison topics are hot topics. 

Avatar image for clifftrapremove
clifftrapremove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clifftrapremove
Member since 2004 • 825 Posts

Black running on a 360 vs. Sigma. I'm sure you can figure out which are which.Dreams-Visions

VERY well done! Clear to see that sigma looks better but you are also comparing last gen to the current one. I am also used to the Xbox controller for NG which made the demo uncomfortable for me but i have to admit it did look pretty. 

gayguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gayguy
Member since 2003 • 1077 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"] Black running on a 360 vs. Sigma.  I'm sure you can figure out which are which.

BIGDEE06

Now that's a comparison, thanks!

Wow nice.  The Xbox looks great too, but PS3 looks even better!!

Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
I cannot wait for this game it looks great. I gotta say though I like the controls a lot better with the PlayStation controller a lot better. Also I hope that They keep it like they did in the first two games. Start off with the original suit for the first level, then you get the cooler looking black suit. Just my opinion though.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

The debate about which looks better (based on more advanced technology) is pointless. Everyone agrees it looks better. But the GOOD NEWS for Sony fans is that there are actually a lot of gamers that want to buy Sigma even though they played it before on the xbox/360.

gizmo_logix

lol...I am one of those people!!!!

mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
WOW, I wouldn't even play Ninja Gaiden Black if I had a chance to.  
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
[QUOTE="Psythce"][QUOTE="cjnwo4life"]

[QUOTE="javeto"]Yes Sigma look's much better, as a matter fact it look's 3 years better than NG black graphics. This is stupid to compare a game from 2004 to a game made on 2007. And this game is not just a port I have played NG, NG black and definetly will play Sigma. It is the second reason why I bougth a PS3cjnwo4life

You are not making any sense whatsoever.

You got all bent for what?

The only thing good about comparing the game then and now is so that we can see just how far technology has grown so quickly. Just think what things will look like in 4 years time. That is amazing.

Outside of that I think you need to relax since you are taking things way to seriously.

Umm...  the time difference is a little over a year and a half not 3 years.  Black released on Sept 2k5.  Sigma released in June 2k7.
blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts
NG: Black had the same graphics as the original Ninja Gaiden so it was 3 years. And frankly, that's not all that much improvement for 3 years and a system 10x as powerful. Though Ninja Gaiden is an astounding game regardless of how it looks.
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
NG: Black had the same graphics as the original Ninja Gaiden so it was 3 years. And frankly, that's not all that much improvement for 3 years and a system 10x as powerful. Though Ninja Gaiden is an astounding game regardless of how it looks.blue-fish
I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

NG: Black had the same graphics as the original Ninja Gaiden so it was 3 years. And frankly, that's not all that much improvement for 3 years and a system 10x as powerful. Though Ninja Gaiden is an astounding game regardless of how it looks.blue-fish

You are correct sir, however you fail to realize was that this was not built upon the PS3 standards and was just an upgrade to the system. Now if they had of built it from scratch then it would be a little "unimpressive". But knowing in a year how much better Oblivon plays on the PS3 in better graphics and less bugs, I don't think I will complain. :) 

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts

I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.Cellien

Reliability is awesome. It's definitely worth $600 more awesome. 

bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bsin94
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts
Great comparison Dreams-Visions. I'm definately going to buy this game when it comes out.
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts

They put some cool stuff in the demo: the double wielding sword and other weapons, unlock hard mode, playing the girl (I died when I did this part... They just kept coming and I had no spiritual health viles).  I can't wait to play the whole game.

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cellien

[QUOTE="Cellien"]I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.rothman713

So.. Sigma is supposed to run more stable? What are you talking about reliability? :| I am talking about Ninja Gaiden.. the game.
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
Nobody bought a PS3 just for Ninja Gaiden. No one thinks NG is worth $600. Those comparison shots (I think) were just to give people a feel for how it looks in comparison to the original. It wasn't bashing either version or console. I'm amped about Sigma and I'll certainly be getting it.
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts
[QUOTE="rothman713"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"]I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.Cellien

So.. Sigma is supposed to run more stable? What are you talking about reliability? :| I am talking about Ninja Gaiden.. the game.

I had no idea Sigma was worth $600. :|

Did the gaming companies implement a new pricing system that I'm unaware of? 

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cellien
[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"]I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.rothman713

I had no idea Sigma was worth $600. :|

Did the gaming companies implement a new pricing system that I'm unaware of? 

Lol.. we musta had a communication breakdown somewhere! :P What I am saying is that for a $600 machine, the difference isn't as much as you'd expect as other people have said on this thread. I was agreeing with another guy that I quoted that had the same thought... that's all, no worries :) .
M_H_3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 M_H_3000
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts
nice