NG:Sigma and NG:Black comparison shots.

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts
[QUOTE="rothman713"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"]I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.Cellien

Reliability is awesome. It's definitely worth $600 more awesome.

So.. Sigma is supposed to run more stable? What are you talking about reliability? :| I am talking about Ninja Gaiden.. the game.

I had no idea Sigma was worth $600. :|

Did the gaming companies implement a new pricing system that I'm unaware of?

Lol.. we musta had a communication breakdown somewhere! :P What I am saying is that for a $600 machine, the difference isn't as much as you'd expect as other people have said on this thread. I was agreeing with another guy that I quoted that had the same thought... that's all, no worries :) .

no, but the differences is big enough and on another point, y bring up the price of the ps3 when a game ( mind u that it'sa game that was only upgraded with the ps3 hardware, not built from the ground up) is bring discussed. Of course 1 game doesn't demand 600 bucks, but a string of good games can
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"]I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.ermacness

So.. Sigma is supposed to run more stable? What are you talking about reliability? :| I am talking about Ninja Gaiden.. the game.

Lol.. we musta had a communication breakdown somewhere! :P What I am saying is that for a $600 machine, the difference isn't as much as you'd expect as other people have said on this thread. I was agreeing with another guy that I quoted that had the same thought... that's all, no worries :) .

no, but the differences is big enough and on another point, y bring up the price of the ps3 when a game ( mind u that it'sa game that was only upgraded with the ps3 hardware, not built from the ground up) is bring discussed. Of course 1 game doesn't demand 600 bucks, but a string of good games can

Cause the system costs $600.. Sigma is on that console.
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
[QUOTE="rothman713"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"]I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.Cellien

The difference isn't as much as you'd expect in gameplay because it's the same game with some  additional content.  I couldn't ask for more in the visuals department.  The game looks great.  The people you are quoting have probably already played the game, and don't want to pay $600 for a PS3 to play it again.  I think it's a great game for the PS3, and it's especially a good buy if you own a PS3 and haven't played it yet.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"]

no, but the differences is big enough and on another point, y bring up the price of the ps3 when a game ( mind u that it's a game that was only upgraded with the ps3 hardware, not built from the ground up) is bring discussed. Of course 1 game doesn't demand 600 bucks, but a string of good games can

but so id alot of games now (given that some-most of them isn't quality material) now and in the future, and whining about the price of the console is so old now, i'll think that xbot fanboys will have another argument 2 come 2 the table with ya know, it's time 4 change
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Cellien
[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"]I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.ermacness

no, but the differences is big enough and on another point, y bring up the price of the ps3 when a game ( mind u that it's a game that was only upgraded with the ps3 hardware, not built from the ground up) is bring discussed. Of course 1 game doesn't demand 600 bucks, but a string of good games can

but so id alot of games now (given that some-most of them isn't quality material) now and in the future, and whining about the price of the console is so old now, i'll think that xbot fanboys will have another argument 2 come 2 the table with ya know, it's time 4 change

Hmm, seems people don't like that I am not jumping for joy here I guess.... What I am saying is that with the capablities of that machine that you pay ($600) for, it doesn't quite look as good as a lot of gamers might expect, thats all. Looks awesome tho, dont get me wrong! I am not saying anything about the console being too expensive.. I am saying you pay good money for lots of power!
is82sealab2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 is82sealab2021
Member since 2005 • 360 Posts
none of those screens do sigma justice...it looks rediculous in motion on an hdtv...just played the demo first time today
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 WARRZONE
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="rothman713"]

Hmm, seems people don't like that I am not jumping for joy here I guess.... What I am saying is that with the capablities of that machine that you pay ($600) for, it doesn't quite look as good as a lot of gamers might expect, thats all. Looks awesome tho, dont get me wrong! I am not saying anything about the console being too expensive.. I am saying you pay good money for lots of power!

The graphics are not in question here (read my post above).  The graphics meet and may exceed some

expectations.  The only thing in question is that this is the same game as black, and people that have 

played it are waiting for NG2, not NGS. 

WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 WARRZONE

none of those screens do sigma justice...it looks rediculous in motion on an hdtv...just played the demo first time todayis82sealab2021

Agreed.  It is so liquid at 60fps. 

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3113 Posts

Thank you, all the Captains Obvious on this thread. Posting that Sigma looks better than Black is like saying that a Corvette is faster than a Beetle. Now I have something to tell you all (and I hope you all are sitting down for this): there is ice, yes, ACTUAL FROZEN WATER in Antarctica! Imagine that! Shocker!

Also, on a side note, the first Achievement in Milkage award for the next gen goes to Tecmo and Team Ninja.  They didn't just stop at the double dip but they went back to the well THREE TIMES selling essentially the SAME GAME!  *TO THE TUNE OF 'REAL MEN OF GENIUS BUDWEISER COMMERCIALS* Today, we salute you, Mr. Triple Dipper Swindler of Naive Gamers' Money Guy *I SEE OKINAWA!*

_stoprocent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 _stoprocent_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="is82sealab2021"]none of those screens do sigma justice...it looks rediculous in motion on an hdtv...just played the demo first time todayWARRZONE

Agreed. It is so liquid at 60fps.

Cause PS3 is powerfull :D

amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#61 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

why even ppl compare NGS with NGB ?????

you are comparing a PS3 game to a dated Xbox game

of course NGS will looks better

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

Thank you, all the Captains Obvious on this thread. Posting that Sigma looks better than Black is like saying that a Corvette is faster than a Beetle. Now I have something to tell you all (and I hope you all are sitting down for this): there is ice, yes, ACTUAL FROZEN WATER in Antarctica! Imagine that! Shocker!

Also, on a side note, the first Achievement in Milkage award for the next gen goes to Tecmo and Team Ninja.  They didn't just stop at the double dip but they went back to the well THREE TIMES selling essentially the SAME GAME!  *TO THE TUNE OF 'REAL MEN OF GENIUS BUDWEISER COMMERCIALS* Today, we salute you, Mr. Triple Dipper Swindler of Naive Gamers' Money Guy *I SEE OKINAWA!*

GalvatronType_R

Id u nderstand had they put it on the 360 but the ps3 is a potentially brand new fanbase. My idea, is that they are putting this game out to see how well its recieved, then they may go back to making games on the playstation. Maybe even making ng2 multi

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

It's funny how PS3 is getting Xbox's sloppy seconds, but Ninja Gaiden: Sigma looks fun and beautiful graphically. I'm a HUGE Ninja Gaiden:Black fan and I must say if I had a PS3 I'd get it right away, but I don't think me being a 360 owner that I'm really missing out on too much with this revised edition of Ninja Gaiden.

Avatar image for deactivated-58405e092ba2c
deactivated-58405e092ba2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#64 deactivated-58405e092ba2c
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
Nice. Sigma looks good
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts

Hmm, seems people don't like that I am not jumping for joy here I guess.... What I am saying is that with the capablities of that machine that you pay ($600) for, it doesn't quite look as good as a lot of gamers might expect, thats all. Looks awesome tho, dont get me wrong! I am not saying anything about the console being too expensive.. I am saying you pay good money for lots of power!Cellien

That's an opinion. You'll find the opposite opinion is the popular one here.

Yes, the game looks great. And it's worth every bit of the $600 we paid for it.

Nothing like a game that looks great, runs consistently, and remains unscratched. 

Conjuredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Conjuredevil
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts

Hi guys, I was bored so I thought I would take some comparison shots on my 19 inch samsung monitor, of NG:black(running on 360) and sigma. I took them without flash so the pics didn't turn out that good. Just thought i would share them with you guys. Enjoy.

SigmaBlackSigmaBlackSigmaBlack

Sigma

rock_boy

how in the world can you compare a PS3 game to a XBOX game I mean whats wrong with you guys?!

Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#67 Saruman1719
Member since 2003 • 12466 Posts
Obviously looks better for the PS3.  I'm liking the controls more and the extra content will make this worth buying.  I can't believe I'm buying this game for a third time though...still, it is Ninja Gaiden, so it is worth it to me. 
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#68 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

[QUOTE="javeto"]Yes Sigma look's much better, as a matter fact it look's 3 years better than NG black graphics. This is stupid to compare a game from 2004 to a game made on 2007. And this game is not just a port I have played NG, NG black and definetly will play Sigma. It is the second reason why I bougth a PS3cjnwo4life

I agree, I am amazed anyone would even try and do a comparison.

You are talking about a brand new console with the ps3 vs. old school tech. Please get real of course the ps3 version is better. An idiot could have figure that out.

Agreed.

NGS is one of the main reasons why I bought a PS3. I loved the demo

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 rothman713
I agree, I am amazed anyone would even try and do a comparison.

You are talking about a brand new console with the ps3 vs. old school tech. Please get real of course the ps3 version is better. An idiot could have figure that out.cjnwo4life

I don't think the point of the comparison is to see whether or not the PS3 can surpass a last gen title in terms of graphics. Like you said, the answer is pretty obvious.

I think the comparison was to see how MUCH better.

And to be fair, the graphical difference is pretty astonishing. Unfortunately, my interest level in that style of game (probably because I'm so gawdawful at it) is fairly low. Still trying to beat the demo and see why everyone is so excited :P 

Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts
it took me a bit to figure out which was which because of the lack of titles for the pic, but once i saw it yes i agree sigma is alot more detailed.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
[QUOTE="blue-fish"]NG: Black had the same graphics as the original Ninja Gaiden so it was 3 years. And frankly, that's not all that much improvement for 3 years and a system 10x as powerful. Though Ninja Gaiden is an astounding game regardless of how it looks.Cellien
I agree.. Sigma looks awesome, but not $600 more awesome.

you think we really paid 600 dollars just ninja gaiden. it is just a sweat adition to our game library thats all.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GARRYTH

GalvatronType_R
i gues bungie was last gen than with halo. pc this year. didn't they realease a version with all the download content and called the gild version or something. i did not play ninja gaiden last gen and i almost spent the 3 hundred on the xbox just for that game. now i get to play for the first time in 1080i and 60 fps.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 GARRYTH

It's funny how PS3 is getting Xbox's sloppy seconds, but Ninja Gaiden: Sigma looks fun and beautiful graphically. I'm a HUGE Ninja Gaiden:Black fan and I must say if I had a PS3 I'd get it right away, but I don't think me being a 360 owner that I'm really missing out on too much with this revised edition of Ninja Gaiden.

gamer082009
it was ok when you got gun, final fantasy(lost track which one), dynasty warriors
_JPH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 _JPH_
Member since 2005 • 903 Posts
The only PS3 game worth buying. And I mean real worth. Oblivion is also worth buying, but it exists on PC and 360.
Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 Xshinobi
Member since 2003 • 3011 Posts

why even ppl compare NGS with NGB ?????

you are comparing a PS3 game to a dated Xbox game

of course NGS will looks better

amourkiss

I was thinking the same thing. It is like putting GT1 next to GT4 of course GT4 is going to look better. My guess is people just want something to talk about. 

TALISMANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TALISMANJ
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

Yes Sigma look's much better, as a matter fact it look's 3 years better than NG black graphics. This is stupid to compare a game from 2004 to a game made on 2007. And this game is not just a port I have played NG, NG black and definetly will play Sigma. It is the second reason why I bougth a PS3javeto

I agree. However, NGB looks and plays fantastic on my new XBOX Elite in 1080P. Still pissed at Sony for flubbing the 1080P stuff.

NGS is worth the $60 regardless of the upcoming games such as DMC4. But, I won't be buying the $70 collector's edition for a port.

TALISMANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TALISMANJ
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

gamer082009

Your correct. I have both the 360 Elite & the PS3 and NG, NGB, and the NGS demo. And yes, your not missing much. After playing the demo extensively, I lit up NGB in 1080P  on my XBOX Elite this Sunday as a comparison. They literally play identical w/ minor improvements in game play mechanics.

I wouldn't recommend buying a PS3 for NGS if you already have NGB on your 360.

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Cellien
[QUOTE="gamer082009"]

TALISMANJ

Your correct. I have both the 360 Elite & the PS3 and NG, NGB, and the NGS demo. And yes, your not missing much. After playing the demo extensively, I lit up NGB in 1080P on my XBOX Elite this Sunday as a comparison. They literally play identical w/ minor improvements in game play mechanics.

Thats a pretty fair and balanced overview since you have both consoles to try them out on.. Thanks for posting!
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="TALISMANJ"][QUOTE="gamer082009"]

Cellien

Your correct. I have both the 360 Elite & the PS3 and NG, NGB, and the NGS demo. And yes, your not missing much. After playing the demo extensively, I lit up NGB in 1080P on my XBOX Elite this Sunday as a comparison. They literally play identical w/ minor improvements in game play mechanics.

Thats a pretty fair and balanced overview since you have both consoles to try them out on.. Thanks for posting!

hello people spot saying that we bout the ps 3 for just one game. maybe your playing in 1080p upscale but it is not true hd. there is a differance. this game was not built up from scratch but a port. this game is just a great game for ower system that can be added to ower game collection. i never play it before so imn excited that i will be able to play it now. that fact is it does look better and run better.
willskate4free

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 willskate4free
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts

believe it or not... wait for it... wait for it... shocker.... in japan the xbox did horrible.... so there are lots and lots of japanese gamers that did not get to play this game that would probably by a ps3 to play this game.  as for people that bought it here in the states (ng black) i doubt they have looked at the ps3 line up and been like.. holy s h i t.... ninja gaiden is coming out, im buying a ps3 just for that game and that game alone.  give me a break,  people that are gonna buy this (like myself) are gonna be people that didnt have a chance to play it before, or hard core fans of the series that have a ps3 already.  its just a great addition to a growing library of games.

oh and by the way sigma does look and play amazing.

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Cellien
[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="TALISMANJ"][QUOTE="gamer082009"]

GARRYTH

hello people spot saying that we bout the ps 3 for just one game. maybe your playing in 1080p upscale but it is not true hd. there is a differance. this game was not built up from scratch but a port. this game is just a great game for ower system that can be added to ower game collection. i never play it before so imn excited that i will be able to play it now. that fact is it does look better and run better.

Hmm.. TALISMAN clearly states he would only not recommend it IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PLAYED IT on the Xbox. You, however have not.. so have fun!
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 rothman713

Hmm.. TALISMAN clearly states he would only not recommend it IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PLAYED IT on the Xbox. You, however have not.. so have fun! Cellien

This appears to be a very popular game. If someone enjoyed it on another system but doesn't mind forking over the dough to play a graphically enhanced version, I say more power to em.

I know that if FF7 were re-released with enhanced graphics, I'd gladly plunk over the $60.

Seeing as I'm not a big fan of hack-and-slash platformers, I don't think I'd do the same for this game. :P (Despite never having played it before on a previous system)

Edit: By the by, calling out a fellow forum member in your signature is highly uncool. If you have a problem with him, resolve it privately. It's why God invented PMing.

shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

This appears to be a very popular game. If someone enjoyed it on another system but doesn't mind forking over the dough to play a graphically enhanced version, I say more power to em.

I know that if FF7 were re-released with enhanced graphics, I'd gladly plunk over the $60.

Seeing as I'm not a big fan of hack-and-slash platformers, I don't think I'd do the same for this game. :P (Despite never having played it before on a previous system)

Edit: By the by, calling out a fellow forum member in your signature is highly uncool. If you have a problem with him, resolve it privately. It's why God invented PMing.

rothman713

No disrespect intended to you, but I'm offended by your assessment of Ninja Gaiden. It's certainly not a "hack-and-slash platformer" if any of them even exist. It's either an action game or an action-adventure game. Some action games (this one in particular) can be very deep in terms of their combat engines. If you're under the impression that this is a hack-and-slash, you owe it to yourself to try it out. As a person who grew up exclusively playing fighting games or RPGs, I advise you to try out some the popular action games, as they're often much deeper than most RPGs. Oh, and just to stay on topic, both versions look good.

Edit: I'm with you on the FFVII remake thing. I would camp out for that if I had to.

sm66612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 sm66612
Member since 2004 • 453 Posts
[QUOTE="rock_boy"]

Hi guys, I was bored so I thought I would take some comparison shots on my 19 inch samsung monitor, of NG:black(running on 360) and sigma. I took them without flash so the pics didn't turn out that good. Just thought i would share them with you guys. Enjoy.

Conjuredevil

how in the world can you compare a PS3 game to a XBOX game I mean whats wrong with you guys?!

Some xbox fanboys said that Ninja Gaiden Black on xbox looks the same if not better than Sigma. I lol everytime they say that. 

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts

believe it or not... wait for it... wait for it... shocker.... in japan the xbox did horrible.... so there are lots and lots of japanese gamers that did not get to play this game that would probably by a ps3 to play this game.  as for people that bought it here in the states (ng black) i doubt they have looked at the ps3 line up and been like.. holy s h i t.... ninja gaiden is coming out, im buying a ps3 just for that game and that game alone.  give me a break,  people that are gonna buy this (like myself) are gonna be people that didnt have a chance to play it before, or hard core fans of the series that have a ps3 already.  its just a great addition to a growing library of games.

oh and by the way sigma does look and play amazing.

willskate4free

yeup, NGS will be huge seller in Japan seeing that most people didn't play NGB for the orginal xbox.  Like you said, NGS will be a console seller, just like Yosuke Hayashi vision it to be.

TheJuggla17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#86 TheJuggla17
Member since 2003 • 16307 Posts

sigma look a lot betterMonkaTG

I would hope so!