Metal Gear Solid 4 rated a perfect 10 ? I dont think so !

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 CJ37
Member since 2008 • 202 Posts

This game was very well made BUT when you spend 75% of the time watching cut scenes , then this is more of a CGI movie than a game.

As far as actual (limited) gameplay : 7.5

CGI Movie Quality: 8.0

Overall Score: 7.9

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts
welcome to 6 months ago. and i can tell that u havent played the other games.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
Yeah it is called an opinion the person who reviewed it felt it deserved it. And I disagree with your CGI movie quality score.
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
Major flame bate
guardofdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 guardofdead
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts

This game was very well made BUT when you spend 75% of the time watching cut scenes , then this is more of a CGI movie than a game.

CJ37
ok thats your opinion, and the person who reviewed it thought the game was great and scored it accordingly..... and i think it deserves a 10, its not made to be like call of duty where you run around like a headless chicken...
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

welcome to 6 months ago. and i can tell that u havent played the other games.munkeypoo45
LOL indeed... u already missed that wagon man... And if you played any of the other games trust me you would be glued to the tv when those cut scenes were happening....

It ended a 20 year series 20 years....

It was a fans game... and a game where to truly see the value in it you would have had to play the other games....

So as far as fans of the series it is a 10....

But that is ur opinion....

I wonder what game do you think is better than it though? I am just curious.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

welcome to 6 months ago. .munkeypoo45

Damn it!! you beat me to it :evil:

Also:

troll

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
1. The game isn't even 50% cutscenes. Your calculation is very off. 2. All of the cutscenes are in-game and there is no CGI involved. Maybe you want to play the game before you start some flamebait?
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Yeah it is called an opinion the person who reviewed it felt it deserved it. And I disagree with your CGI movie quality score.Star650

I..Agree.

CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CJ37

[QUOTE="munkeypoo45"]welcome to 6 months ago. and i can tell that u havent played the other games.baller72

LOL indeed... u already missed that wagon man... And if you played any of the other games trust me you would be glued to the tv when those cut scenes were happening....

It was a fans game... and a game where to truly see the value in it you would have had to play the other games....

What game is better ? I dont know that any game deserves a "10" but I still think the original Halo is as close to a "10" as you can get.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

CJ37
Well, a 10 doesn't mean that it's an absolutely perfect game; instead, it means that nothing could have been added to make it better. Get it???
CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CJ37
[QUOTE="CJ37"]

parvie

Well, a 10 doesn't mean that it's an absolutely perfect game; instead, it means that nothing could have been added to make it better. Get it???

More actual gameplay could have been added. I think any honest person will admit this. Hence, its not a perfect 10.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

I still think the original Halo is as close to a "10" as you can get. CJ37

obvious troll

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MusashiSensi
^^^LOL @ Green. I was waiting for someone to call this guys bluff.
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
Awesome pictures Green
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 baller72
[QUOTE="baller72"]

[QUOTE="munkeypoo45"]welcome to 6 months ago. and i can tell that u havent played the other games.CJ37

What game is better ? I dont know that any game deserves a "10" but I still think the original Halo is as close to a "10" as you can get.

Lol... Halo huh... i am not surprised... but anyway I was not saying that MGS4 was a perfect game... all I was saying is since you do not feel it is worthy of the score or basically a good game at all really as your opinion seems to state... What games do you think are better than MGS4?

And your Answer was Halo...

Really Halo.........

I loved Halo as much as the next person.... but you know what I got that same feeling from halo that I got from Goldeneye, Perfect dark, Battlefield, COD4, etc

Do you know why?

Cause it is the same type of game just with different graphics. The reason most people like those games(including me) is because you can have great times playing with your friends.

The reason I put MGS4 so high in the bar is because the single player is just that a SINGLE player and I thought that was worth the $60 in itself, but then the online just was a bonus. If it was not for the online I may have scored it a 9.5 but with it I had to give it a 10....

But if you feel Halo's single player had more depth than MGS4... then sir all I can say is we just have totally different tastes, but niether of us are right nor wrong.

Avatar image for emperorwolffang
emperorwolffang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 emperorwolffang
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts
i can see you havent played a single game before this one because if u did u would give it a 10/10 too oh and if u dont like the cut scenes skip them the cut scenes are long because they explain things from previos games and makes sense out of all this so dont go around saying mgs4 or any ofv the games before it is bad or your just ignorante
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
I think you made a thread talking about whether or not you should get MGS4 or not, am I right? And in that thread, we told you to get the essentials collection, I assume? And you didn't. Well, If you are not past Act 1 yet, I don't think it's too late.
Teardrop000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Teardrop000
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts
SMH.....No comment. Lol....
gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gera34
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts
[QUOTE="CJ37"]

i dont care about what other people say!!! i agree with u, i love MGS series, but it looks like a movie instead of a game... c'mon wich kind of game u can finish in the hardest difficult in less than 3:30 hrs??????!!!!! cuz thats the time for some people that got the big boss emblem... and the online isnt so good... i love the game but to many cut scens and low playtime
TheWartongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheWartongue
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
there is no such thing as a perfect game.....all games have flaws
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MusashiSensi

there is no such thing as a perfect game.....all games have flawsTheWartongue

Exactly.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
[QUOTE="gera34"][QUOTE="CJ37"]

i dont care about what other people say!!! i agree with u, i love MGS series, but it looks like a movie instead of a game... c'mon wich kind of game u can finish in the hardest difficult in less than 3:30 hrs??????!!!!! cuz thats the time for some people that got the big boss emblem... and the online isnt so good... i love the game but to many cut scens and low playtime

Yes, EXACTLY. People do get it under 3:30 because they are CHALLENGED to. What, do you think that people just go get the BBE in their sleep?
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

LMFAO "This being a good thread? I don't think so!"

Wow i'm not even going to defend MGS4 on this, Snake has already pwned you. Look under your christmas tree. See the present labeled with your name? That's not the gift your expecting. It's snake in a box, just thought i'd warn you.

CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CJ37
[QUOTE="CJ37"]

gera34

Thanks for being man enough to say the truth about Metal Gear Solid 4

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

[QUOTE="TheWartongue"]there is no such thing as a perfect game.....all games have flawsMusashiSensi

Exactly.

Wrong MGS4 has none...haha :lol: And I think games rated 10 on GS aren't perfect they're prime. They're very rare and only games that are truely in every aspect amazing get 10's.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 baller72

GodofBigMacs

Yes, EXACTLY. People do get it under 3:30 because they are CHALLENGED to. What, do you think that people just go get the BBE in their sleep?

Exactly man... Do you know that it takes them alot longer than 3:30... i bet you can not even imagine how many time they had to restart from a particular save spot to do a part over... espcially the Bike chase.

I did the Big Boss emblem and I must say it took me a long time to get it done. True... My so called game time was under 5 hours but my actual game play time was extremely long... I mean long. It took me like a whole day on the bike chase alone.

I mean it is just like those people who do speed runs in those old mario games... Sure you could beat Mario in less than an hour, but we all know that Mario took a long time for alot of people to beat.

CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CJ37

I will admit the cut scenes with Raiden fighting the the Mechs were very impressive

In fact because of that (Raiden) I will raise my CGI movie score of Metal Gear 4 to 8.9

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

I wouldn't have gave MGS4 a 10, maybe a 9.5 because online isn't great (in my opinion)

But this game is about as awesome as you can get, awesome graphics, awesome story, awesome cut-scenes and judging by the GOTY voting, many people agree

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

CJ37
Let me ask you one thing. Have you even played any of the other MGS games?? B/C it seems to me you clearly haven't otherwise your scores would be much higher
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#31 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

this is afact when , goldeneye was released it got a 9.8 what was wrong i dont know that was a perfect game,

but lately , i dont trust reviews,

they tell you the game is bad when you play or rent the game youll most of the time find it good,

mariokart 64 , example a . 6.5 i dont think so , it gave the series a boast,

or animal crossing city folk this is what game informer had to say,

animal crossing was a bland interactive game when you compare it to gta iv,

that alone, this is why game informer , is not the best reviewer gamespot or ign isnt perfect either nor is metacritic

none of them are

timesplitters future perfect was rated an 8.0 on gamespot for xbox and ps2, 7.6 on gamecube what justifies the drop , online wasnt as big back thn and it was essentailly the same game , so why did it get reviewed differently,

heck i think all wii games are poorly rated, they always like to compare it to 360 and ps3 games, thats their number one mistake, and every one knew wii wasnt as powerful as 360 and ps3,

or they sit there rate a 360 game higher then a ps3 or wii game, of the same name , thats another good argumant, this raises tough questions which do you trust,

me i dont trust no one to tell me what to buy i buy based on my past expeirences

dsome times i can get ripped off oif course like pd0 , i wasnt thinking it be that bad, thats by the way one of the most overrated games on 360 ,

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="CJ37"]

reaver-x

Let me ask you one thing. Have you even played any of the other MGS games?? B/C it seems to me you clearly haven't otherwise your scores would be much higher

Even though I don't agree with him..it is his opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="CJ37"] Well if you didn't like it that understandable. but MGS4 doesn't have CGI

CJ37

Thanks for being man enough to say the truth about Metal Gear Solid 4

What he said is not a fact or truth it is just his opinion of what the game feels to him. He mentioned finishing it in less that 4 hours like it is easy it is not.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

I smell bloog.

CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CJ37
[QUOTE="CJ37"]

reaver-x

Actually no this was my first Metal Gear Solid game....but the review should be based on each game alone, not compared to older versions. THe bottom line is Metal Gear failed to deliver. I bought this game because it was rated "10" but paying $60 for a Blu Ray Movie just wasnt worth it IMO

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
you don't have to watch the cut-scenes :|
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

CJ37

So you beat the all the gameplay segments in 2 hours? I don't think so. Thats the only way 75% of it would be cutscenes. And the cutscenes aren't CGI, their in-game engine. Talk about the actual Gameplay mechanics what you will, and you don't really elaborate on your 7.5 but I guess you didn't like the gameplay, fine its not your cup of tea, there's enough people who aren't stealth fans. But the fact that your rating the quality of the cutscenes is just dumb.

And I'm just gonna go ahead and say you probably didn't understand the story, not having played all the previous games.

Mix-Master_415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mix-Master_415
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts
I've played all the Metal Gears and I can't help but to feel the same way. It doesn't deserve a 10 for me. Unlike topic starter here, I actually like the cutscenes and enjoyed playing the game my 1st time through. However it feels like such a drag to play it again and ting..........seen? catch you later Nico. one love!
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
75% cut scenes? i dont think so.... 45% the most.
iesexywarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 iesexywarden
Member since 2005 • 723 Posts

CJ37

umm wth...

you commented on how cool the cgi is yet cgi is a 8.0...

maybe u didnt play mgs1,2,3...

its called MGS4 (NOTE THE 4) for a reason...because its a 4th game...thats meant to be played by ppl who played numbers 1 2 and 3

man this has gone to far

CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CJ37
[QUOTE="CJ37"]

iesexywarden

umm wth...

its called MGS4 (NOTE THE 4) for a reason...because its a 4th game...thats meant to be played by ppl who played numbers 1 2 and 3

man this has gone to far

Ah I see, so unless Ive played Resistance 1, I cant play Resistance 2. Unless Ive played Halo 1, I cant play Halo 3.

You are wrong. Each game is rated by itself , not in conjuction with all the games in the series.

The bottom line is that we got swindled into buying a MOVIE and not a GAME. Its like going and buying Hellboy 2 and then having a free mini-game on the side where you can control HellBoy and do some stuff. MGS4 should have been released at the THEATRE and not on PS3.

Jrad3379

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jrad3379
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
GUNBLADE!
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts
[QUOTE="iesexywarden"][QUOTE="CJ37"]

CJ37

umm wth...

man this has gone to far

Ah I see, so unless Ive played Resistance 1, I cant play Resistance 2. Unless Ive played Halo 1, I cant play Halo 3.

You are wrong. Each game is rated by itself , not in conjuction with all the games in the series.

The bottom line is that we got swindled into buying a MOVIE and not a GAME. Its like going and buying Hellboy 2 and then having a free mini-game on the side where you can control HellBoy and do some stuff. MGS4 should have been released at the THEATRE and not on PS3.

"You are wrong"? Are you kidding people? Each dude has his right to an opinion. You have the right not to like MGS 4. It's okay with me, I don't care. You can like it, I don't care either. Please, just stop stating opinions as facts...
CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CJ37
[

"You are wrong"? Are you kidding people? Each dude has his right to an opinion. You have the right not to like MGS 4. It's okay with me, I don't care. You can like it, I don't care either. Please, just stop stating opinions as facts...

Im saying its wrong to say that you must play all the games in the series (1,2,3) in order to judge part 4. Its like going to watch Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull and not liking it , then someone telling you "you cant know if you like it unless you watch ALL the indiana jones movies first !!!"

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts
wow people are still on this? seriously get a life, its just a review, a little number, it doesn't mean that much.
MassacreMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 MassacreMonk
Member since 2005 • 3379 Posts
Stop playing in SD plz
CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CJ37

wow people are still on this? seriously get a life, its just a review, a little number, it doesn't mean that much.paperdollparade

I trusted GameSpot to give an accurate review.....and they said "Perfect 10!!" So I bought the movie(game)

From now on , I will subtract 2 points from every GameSpot review. So if they say "10" , its really an "8" (at best)

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#49 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts

I agree its more movie than game, but it's going to be GOTY here on GS.

CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CJ37

I agree its more movie than game, but it's going to be GOTY here on GS.

one_on_one

Just follow my new Review System....Subtract 2 points from GameSpots review and then you will know the true score

So actually Metal Gear Solid 4 scored an 8 ........Does this make sense ?