Kojima's Announcement - What Do You Want? (poll)

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts

Hey, guys, I know there're tons of threads speculating what the big announcement will be, but I just wanted to do a poll and see how many of us are for which Idea. I, personally, am all about a MGS5 starring Raiden. If not I'd like to see the extended version of MGS4 with some new missions or something. But what do you want??

I didn't have room for all the options I wanted to include, but if you have a different answer just skip the polls and tell us what it is....

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 YekDastan316
Member since 2009 • 707 Posts

if this goes to 360 i am goin to change my profile picture asap...i want nothing to do with that traiter (kojima)

araksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 araksik
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

if this goes to 360 i am goin to change my profile picture asap...i want nothing to do with that traiter (kojima)

YekDastan316

And how does that make him a "traitor"? And don't tell me you're going to stop loving the series if MGS4 went multiplat, that's just pathetic.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
MGS5 would be nice...
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

Since MGS4 came out last year, I think it will be a New IP.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nephilim83

YekDastan316
Dude, how would he be a traitor? Business is business. You can't fault him for wanting to make a a few more millions. There's no such thing as integrity in the corporate world. There for there is no such thing as a traitor. :)
SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SirOWNZalot86
Member since 2008 • 695 Posts

Since MGS4 came out last year, I think it will be a New IP.

slimdave21
MGS games are usually announced at least a year in advance of thier release, so i would say that even if this was an annoucement for MGS 5 the game would likely release winter 2010... however i will agree that i think kojima is more likely to release a directors cut of MGS4 first before moving on to MGS5
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

It's rumoured to be a new multiplatform IP named Tornado Outbreak. I'd like MGS5 though.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Looks more like a new IP to me, If I know Mr. Kojima, I would bet that it has NOTHING to do with MGS5 (nor any Metal Gear game) at all.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nephilim83

It's rumoured to be a new multiplatform IP named Tornado Outbreak. I'd like MGS5 though.

Floppy_Jim
Oh, great... It IS a video game version of Twister! lol
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

YekDastan316

Yeah, because Kojima only worked on games for Sony...oh wait...

WhenPicklezFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WhenPicklezFly
Member since 2009 • 914 Posts

I dont think they every realse a substance 60 game beacuse now days games can just have contant added to them with patches and dlc

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
maybe its raiden dlc for the main story. i'd be happy with that.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I want a new Zone of Enders nao!
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

Ok enough with these topics. It's getting repetitive. The other thread is down there on the same page. Anyway, I don't want MGS5 to feature Raiden as a playable character. Either a complete new hero or Snake again. Snake never gets old.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nephilim83

Ok enough with these topics. It's getting repetitive. The other thread is down there on the same page. Anyway, I don't want MGS5 to feature Raiden as a playable character. Either a complete new hero or Snake again. Snake never gets old.

THQ88
I know there's a lot of them. This one's more or less just for the poll. With all the speculation it gets kind of confusing and hectic, so I wanted to see some numbers instead of just reading theories. And snake's story is done. Big Boss said himself, "the world doesn't need Snakes." Its over. That'd be the single worse Idea ever to try to continue on with him. Snake is my effen hero, but I've seen him done justice and laid to rest gloriously. Another "Snake" game would ruin the fullfillment and closure effect Kojima work so hard to achieve in MGS4. And if you don't like a thread don't post in it. ;)
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

Nephilim83

Dude, how would he be a traitor? Business is business. You can't fault him for wanting to make a a few more millions. There's no such thing as integrity in the corporate world. There for there is no such thing as a traitor. :)

I'm pretty sure at this point, Hideo Kojima could do just about whatever he wanted, and still be hailed a god. He will probably start his own religion and him and his most diehard followers will move to an uncharted island and produce the most incredible games anyone has ever seen. I'm sure if MGS4 does go to the 360, MS paid dearly for it.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Id love it if ZOE3 came out but that picture gives no clue to a ZOE at all. Maybe snake will get cloned again and be young or maybe it will be another prequel and have snake fight big boss in Outer Heaven.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
ZOE 3 please, I love that series
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 THQ88

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

Nephilim83

I know there's a lot of them. This one's more or less just for the poll. With all the speculation it gets kind of confusing and hectic, so I wanted to see some numbers instead of just reading theories. And snake's story is done. Big Boss said himself, "the world doesn't need Snakes." Its over. That'd be the single worse Idea ever to try to continue on with him. Snake is my effen hero, but I've seen him done justice and laid to rest gloriously. Another "Snake" game would ruin the fullfillment and closure effect Kojima work so hard to achieve in MGS4. And if you don't like a thread don't post in it. ;)

When it comes to Metal Gear, I just can't not post in it :evil: anyway, hopefully it's MGS5 to begin with.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="YekDastan316"]

I'm pretty sure at this point, Hideo Kojima could do just about whatever he wanted, and still be hailed a god. He will probably start his own religion and him and his most diehard followers will move to an uncharted island and produce the most incredible games anyone has ever seen. I'm sure if MGS4 does go to the 360, MS paid dearly for it.

Agreed.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="THQ88"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="THQ88"]

When it comes to Metal Gear, I just can't not post in it :evil: anyway, hopefully it's MGS5 to begin with.

LMAO. I understand. I, too, hope its MGS5. Nomatter what that might consist of............ Aw, you gots a little witty angry face! Looks a like you needs a hug.... j/k lol
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 THQ88

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"] I know there's a lot of them. This one's more or less just for the poll. With all the speculation it gets kind of confusing and hectic, so I wanted to see some numbers instead of just reading theories. And snake's story is done. Big Boss said himself, "the world doesn't need Snakes." Its over. That'd be the single worse Idea ever to try to continue on with him. Snake is my effen hero, but I've seen him done justice and laid to rest gloriously. Another "Snake" game would ruin the fullfillment and closure effect Kojima work so hard to achieve in MGS4. And if you don't like a thread don't post in it. ;)Nephilim83

LMAO. I understand. I, too, hope its MGS5. Nomatter what that might consist of............ Aw, you gots a little witty angry face! Looks a like you needs a hug.... j/k lol

I need more info!!

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Policenauts remake in english. I can dream.
Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

I think its too early to be thinking MGS5. I think he should try something new or revive one of his forgotten games. A new Z.O.E. would be great.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I'm hoping for some kind of game featuring the ninja Raiden from MGS4. I don't think it will be a MGS4 port to 360. It will be funny if it is but I doubt it will.
lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts

YekDastan316
You know, every time I saw your profile pic, I felt like it was a spoiler. Never thought profile pics could do that...
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

i would love a completely new game..

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

I could do with a new MG. Not about Raiden, but possibly about Grey Fox.

Voted New IP though. Can never go wrong with a well done new IP.

Kyle903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kyle903
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I haven't bought a Playstation 3 yet (I'm waiting to find a good deal for a 60 GB system on Kijiji), but I would love to see another Metal Gear Solid game get made. I have played Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 thus far and I would have to say that Metal Gear Solid 2 was my favorite. A lot of people complained that you played as Raiden and that the plot is complicated, but, for me, Raiden is alright (not as cool as Snake, but whatever) and it took a cool plot from Metal Gear Solid/The Twin Snakes and gave it a huge add-on (kind of like what The Empire Strikes Back added to A New Hope). So, to me, the absence of Snake isn't that big of a deal. Actually, it kind of makes the games he was in even more special.

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

it's been a tradition already that after mgs2 and 3 they release an extended/special edition. so why not continue that with mgs4? , then at the same time make mgs5 for e3 announcement. i was suppose to say after mgs4 extendededition make a half a year pass then make mgs5, but, thinking the may.18th and e3 next month are close dates together why not make two big announcements both related to the mgs franchise.. to me that would be sick! double combo right there.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

THQ88

Think about what Kojima could do with a ninja character. That would be awesome.

tondeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tondeezy
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts

its a new metal gear

or maybe a new ip with raiden

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 THQ88

its a new metal gear

or maybe a new ip with raiden

tondeezy

It's a new Metal Gear Solid game.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

MGS vs. Valkyria Chronicles fighting game.

I'm telling you, it would sell like hotcakes. All the MGS fanboys would eat it up, and all the VC fanboys (including myself) will buy it in order to beat the tar out of MGS characters in attempt to prove VC is the best game on the PS3 :lol:

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

MGS vs. Valkyria Chronicles fighting game.

I'm telling you, it would sell like hotcakes. All the MGS fanboys would eat it up, and all the VC fanboys (including myself) will buy it in order to beat the tar out of MGS characters in attempt to prove VC is the best game on the PS3 :lol:

Yoko, I can't wait to play you in an online match. I'll be MGS2 Raiden and you play as Jann. It'll be like a cat fight! lol
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Where's my MGS prequel featuring the Boss and her Cobra Unit? :evil:
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nephilim83
Where's my MGS prequel featuring the Boss and her Cobra Unit? :evil:hazelnutman
Hey that'd be pretty cool. No... wait...... I was lying. ;) I just wanted to bump the thread. We're not done here til we get a 100 votes, people!
brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

The only thing that worries me about that tornado outbreak game is that its coming to wii...

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nephilim83

The only thing that worries me about that tornado outbreak game is that its coming to wii...

brennan7777
Yeah.... I'd hate for those poor saps to get anything fun to play on that stupid thing. ;) Na, that's the very problem I have with multiplats in general. They'll make it great for one system and then half-@ss a port to the other. As far as Wii goes, though, they'll probably outsource it to a different studio. Hardly anyone developes the same game for all systems anymore. I'm sure if its mutliplat and Kojima is involved he'll make sure to develope it for PS3 to start with since its the most complicated and have that version topnotch. Then he will work on the ports for the simpler platforms. I honestly think we'll be okay! ;)
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nephilim83
I knew it! We're at 100 votes and the MGS5 w/Raiden and New IP are tied at 37% each! None of the other options are even worth mentioning. This was pretty much my original prediction. I knew they'd be tied if not real close. You know what this says to me, people? 37 out of a hundred of us will not be disappointed monday! 'Cause its GOT to be one or the other!
ratm247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ratm247
Member since 2005 • 303 Posts

it seems to me that kojima would have spent a lot of money on r+d for mgs4, and ps3 development technology, and it would be silly not to bump out a few more games for the ps3 with it to maximize profits while its still a hot topic.

ratm247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ratm247
Member since 2005 • 303 Posts

following a link from someone else i came across this:

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/09/19/a-new-metal-gear-solid-game-exists/

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I'm hoping for a brand new IP which I'm kinda on the fence about, because can it ever be as good as a MGS game! But I'm kinda hoping for a MGS4 release on another console I won't specify, because I know it may graphically be better which most games already exhibit that effect to some degree.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I want a brand new IP.

daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts
I want a Pro Evolution Soccer with full licensing and leagues.....hey i can dream cant i!
Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#47 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts
I'd say it will be a new IP. Possibly one that will come out in the next year or so, I doubt very much it will be a MGS game.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#48 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

I want to see a new IP. I'm hoping we don't see an MGS5... simply because I don't see how they could possibly top MGS4, so they shouldn't even bother trying to make a sequel and just keep MGS4 as the closing chapter on an amazing series.

JAM1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JAM1313
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
if i had to bet id say its the anouncement of a new game, not a mgs game but a new game in general or a remake of another game. OR an xbox 360 version of mgs4. im praying it isnt i love the fact that mgs 4 is only for ps3 and as a die hard playstation gamer it would suck to see them move it to 360 like they did with the res evil series. i garantee it isnt gong to be a mgs 5 anouncemnt. im sure kojima would save that for E3. maybe its a price cut of mgs4 to 50$ ... most likely an axbox version of mgs4, kojima needs to make back some money from that 40% profit decrease
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

it's been a tradition already that after mgs2 and 3 they release an extended/special edition. so why not continue that with mgs4?

djvj_y2k
Because we now live in the age of DLC. I imagine bringing out a new version on disc would be way more work. Useless work. And a swift kick to the nuts of people who already own MGS4.