Kojima's Announcement - What Do You Want? (poll)

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#51 JonnyEarthquake
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

A brand new IP please. I understand that there is a huge fanbase for MGS series, but can`t Kojima just let it go?

The_Game_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 The_Game_Jr
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts

Traitor? Dont tell me ur a fanboy.

I luv PS3 but i like 360

fazedjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 fazedjb
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

would deffo like to see 5.

4 blew me away- shadow moses level had me remenissing like and old hand

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="djvj_y2k"]

it's been a tradition already that after mgs2 and 3 they release an extended/special edition. so why not continue that with mgs4?

Because we now live in the age of DLC. I imagine bringing out a new version on disc would be way more work. Useless work. And a swift kick to the nuts of people who already own MGS4.

Hey, it could be some extended features offered up as DLC. I'd buy that.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Nephilim83
I'm hoping for a brand new IP which I'm kinda on the fence about, because can it ever be as good as a MGS game! But I'm kinda hoping for a MGS4 release on another console I won't specify, because I know it may graphically be better which most games already exhibit that effect to some degree.gamer082009
Haha. The games you're referring to are crappy ports. They were the fault of lazy developers who either didn't know how the PS3 really works or couldn't figure out how to make the game work on the PS3. Now that a lot of developers are figuring it out most games coming out look just as good on both systems. PS3 exclusives are designed specifically for the PS3 and rely heavily on its capabilities. They may make MGS4 look "as" good, but they couldn't possibly make it look better. ;)
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

I want a New IP from Kojima. I love the MGS series, best video games series ever, but he should do something new. I wonder what other epic or groundbreaking ideas he has for video games. Stop demanding for a new MGS, ask for something new.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Nephilim83

I want a New IP from Kojima. I love the MGS series, best video games series ever, but he should do something new. I wonder what other epic or groundbreaking ideas he has for video games. Stop demanding for a new MGS, ask for something new.

SirWander
I would ask for something new, but everything he's done outside of MGS has been....... less than satisfactory. I don't like ZOE, Snatcher, or the Solar Boy Django or whatever. I like MGS. That's just his thing. I like the awesome stories, but I really really like the gameplay. If Kojima can come up with something with a great story and throw some new, innovative gameplay in it then I'm all for it. But if its anything like ZOE I'm out.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer082009"]I'm hoping for a brand new IP which I'm kinda on the fence about, because can it ever be as good as a MGS game! But I'm kinda hoping for a MGS4 release on another console I won't specify, because I know it may graphically be better which most games already exhibit that effect to some degree.Nephilim83
Haha. The games you're referring to are crappy ports. They were the fault of lazy developers who either didn't know how the PS3 really works or couldn't figure out how to make the game work on the PS3. Now that a lot of developers are figuring it out most games coming out look just as good on both systems. PS3 exclusives are designed specifically for the PS3 and rely heavily on its capabilities. They may make MGS4 look "as" good, but they couldn't possibly make it look better. ;)

I know because all developers are lazy because Sony releases not so well dev kits...and god forbid these "lazy" developers struggle with such a new technology as the "Cell Processor"! I mean who are we kidding, developers have all the time and MONEY in the world to take with new tech. *SARCASM* All I'm saying is it would be good for all gamers if it was a MGS4 release on other consoles. More people really need to enjoy Metal Gear and realize it's truly one of a kind. That was my whole reason fore buying a PS3 when I did, for MGS4.

Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
I really think its going to be MGS Oxide for 360. Or something non-relevant to our console.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Nephilim83

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="gamer082009"]I'm hoping for a brand new IP which I'm kinda on the fence about, because can it ever be as good as a MGS game! But I'm kinda hoping for a MGS4 release on another console I won't specify, because I know it may graphically be better which most games already exhibit that effect to some degree.gamer082009

I know because all developers are lazy because Sony releases not so well dev kits...and god forbid these "lazy" developers struggle with such a new technology as the "Cell Processor"! I mean who are we kidding, developers have all the time and MONEY in the world to take with new tech. *SARCASM* All I'm saying is it would be good for all gamers if it was a MGS4 release on other consoles. More people really need to enjoy Metal Gear and realize it's truly one of a kind. That was my whole reason fore buying a PS3 when I did, for MGS4.

I don't see what can be so complicated about the cell processor when the same team that developed it at IBM developed the very same chip that powers that other console at the same time. They both utilize the very same core chip. The guy who headed both developements even said that there's really no difference other than MS and Sony both opted for different enhancements. Either way, developers should spend as much time and money as they have to on R&D before attempting to make a game for a console they do not fully understand. Kojima said a huge portion of his MGS4 budget went into that very thing. That's why MGS4 utilizes PS3s technology so darn well........... I do agree that everyone should be able to enjoy it, but they could just do like the both of us did and buy a PS3. (that was really the ONLY reason I bought my PS3) Heck, I had to buy a 360 to play Gears of War. That's why games are exclusive, right? To sell consoles?.......... Either way, wether its ported or they all buy PS3s I do think everyone should get the chance to enjoy it. Its the best game I've ever played! ;)
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

It's best not give your hopes up. Just wait till Monday

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I really would like to see a brand new fresh IP from Mr. Kojima. Although ZOE 3 would tickle my fancy just as much :P
G-T-A---M-A-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 G-T-A---M-A-D
Member since 2007 • 331 Posts
what does IP stand for?
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
What I want desperately is a Zone of the Enders 3, but... I'm not anticipating it. Second to that, I would like a brand new IP, but I'm also somewhat doubting that at this point. So, if it's got to be MGS, I'll take MGS5. They can keep the extended versions. :P
boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts
im thinking of a 3D remake of metal gear and metal gear 2 solid snake.
Ovechkin88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ovechkin88
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts

I hope it has something to do with Zone of the Enders or Snatcher but I'm not gonna get my hopes up, it's most likely going to be something I don't care for

SnakeBite27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SnakeBite27
Member since 2005 • 124 Posts

I'd like another MGS, but I'm not too keen on having it star Raiden again. Still a little sour from MGS2. But I definitely wouldn't mind a new character, maybe with recurring cameo's of past characters.

Just a thought

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
Another rumor has aroused, saying it will be Raiden DLC for MGS4 and possibly two new missions... I think there is a high chance of this, because the magazine with the picture was Storm/Lightning, Lightning in Japanese: Raiden.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I find it halarious that no one really knows whats the real focus of the ad and from the website. Everyone is playing a guessing game. Damn Mr. Kojima is a genius!