I dont understand what people have against the PS3

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts
yah i agree, its the price 100%... would you refuse a free ps3? no.. would you buy a ps3 if it was 299? yes , im sure everyone would agree on this which means the ps3 is still wanted ,, just not worth that price tag right now.

things like hard to dev for.. or lack of games is total b$. Wii doesnt have much games either , people are pretty content with only playing wii sports it seems, which is just 1 game, but i guess the price they paid makes up for the repetitiveness so they see wii as better.

everything that has to do with anything most likely has $$$ related. Motorstorm will make good use of your ps3 trust me... and even phill harrison said motorstorm is probably the first game to give you what you paid the 599 for. So everyone get motorstorm so we can have a lot of people online!
davez82
yea but if it was 400 dollars....with a 200 dollar add on...sony would be cometing for the long term...you dig?
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
[QUOTE="HunAndras1984"]

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... kambion313

Everyone what's Blu-ray.....You know it, I know it....and they know it too! Everyone likes quality!! There must be something wrong with a person who says that DVD is better than Blu-ray!

no..HDDVD is AS GOOD as blu ray

he never said hd dvd wasnt as good. he was referring to dvd9 vs bluray... stop bieng so defensive
azuroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 azuroc
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
2 things:

1)
Microsoft and Sony cannot lose in these so-called 'system wars' because they are multi-faceted companies with arms in several technology markets.

2)
Buy a Sega Dreamcast because its cheaper, it has a better online service, it has more games, and it doesn't come with a dvd player that not everyone will use, haha:

http://archive.salon.com/tech/log/2000/10/27/playstation_rant/index.html
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 davez82
[QUOTE="davez82"]yah i agree, its the price 100%... would you refuse a free ps3? no.. would you buy a ps3 if it was 299? yes , im sure everyone would agree on this which means the ps3 is still wanted ,, just not worth that price tag right now.

things like hard to dev for.. or lack of games is total b$. Wii doesnt have much games either , people are pretty content with only playing wii sports it seems, which is just 1 game, but i guess the price they paid makes up for the repetitiveness so they see wii as better.

everything that has to do with anything most likely has $$$ related. Motorstorm will make good use of your ps3 trust me... and even phill harrison said motorstorm is probably the first game to give you what you paid the 599 for. So everyone get motorstorm so we can have a lot of people online!
kambion313
yea but if it was 400 dollars....with a 200 dollar add on...sony would be cometing for the long term...you dig?

no because that doesnt make sense.. mgs4 and ff13 need a bigger disc media.. having an addon wouldnt make sense. Motorstorm as well needs a bigger disc media.. i dont think u wanna swap discs in a racing game, you see what im saying. Im not saying blu ray was a good idea im just saying with what sony chose.. its impossible to have an addon. i also dont see where this addon argument comes in.. i was compaing it to the wii.. Also addons are not long term,, sticking with what you have with the least changes needed is long term and the ps3 is that.. the ps3 probably wont ever change,, maybe 1 day theyll add another hdmi port but thats no big deal... if u look at the ps3.. it will never pull a ZE Ph y r. That is just bad planning.
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 HunAndras1984
Member since 2005 • 647 Posts
[QUOTE="HunAndras1984"]

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO  PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... kambion313

Everyone what's Blu-ray.....You know it, I know it....and they know it too! Everyone likes quality!! There must be something wrong with a person who says that DVD is better than Blu-ray!

I never said anything about HD-DVD. Why do you bring that up?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="esp009"]

First of all I'll like to say that I own all three consoles. I got all of them on day one. The 360 has a huge dry 3 or 4 months after launch until oblivion and GRAW. The wii has had just a big of a drought as the PS3. I have a membership and gamefly and besides wii sports and zelda the rest of the games are crap. I admit the PS3 is right there with those other two consoles, besides resistance and another game or so, the rest of the games are crap, but for some reason people seem to focus on the PS3 more then either of those other two combined.  The only conclusion i can come up with is that they bash it cause they cant afford it. What do you guys think?

HunAndras1984

Yes, they bash it because they can't afford it. But that's not the only reason. Some people bash it because their friends bash it and they want to fit in. Also some people bash it because they don't understand it and don't know what's comming in the future.  All they see is a few games and that's it. Also....and I think the biggest reason  is that:  Have you seen the movie called Gladiator??:)  "What do people like more than a hero? To see the hero FALL!"

Get my point?:)

Really people bash it because they can't afford it? Well I bash Sony all the time yet I can afford a PS3 and in fact I bought the 60g version. I even bought against my fiances wishes. I don't bash Sony just beacause I feel like it. Sony has said and done a lot of things over the years I didn't agree with. Way to many to list but lets just say the reason people are bashing Sony is not becuase they can't afford it. They might bash the price but that doesn't mean they can't afford it.

Do you really think that I'm that stupid??? I know that there are people who can afford it but they still bash it. But you have to admit that there are some people who bash the PS3 because they can't afford it.  But it's not only the PS3....you know how many times I've seen people bashing something they can't afford??? It happens al the time.  So it is true...I don't know what's your point.  If you hate Sny so much...why do you buy their products? There are other elextronic companies to. Everyone has a reason why to bash something....in that case it's the PS3. I just pinpointed a few....but it doesn't applay to all who bash the PS3. there is a good old Hugnarian saying that goes:  If it's not your shirt...don't wear it!! You know what I mean??

]

Do I think you're that stupid???? I don't know you tell me.

Very few people bash Sony because they can't afford the system. Lot's of people bash Sony for the price of a gaming console. Lot's of people bash Sony because they feel Sony didn't need to include some of the things that made the price so high. You're acting as if not being able to afford it is a big reason for bashing it when in fact it's only 1 reason out of many.

Why did I buy a PS3 either though I'm not a fan of Sony? Maybe because I'm a fan of games and NOT the company's like Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. Answer your question?

Avatar image for Bleach_is_basic
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bleach_is_basic
Member since 2002 • 3020 Posts
[QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"][QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... davez82
I disagree. I don't see people bashing things simply because of price. If anything people tend to save and work harder for things they truly want but can't currently afford. People don't bash HDTV's because they are expensive, they save up and buy one (or go into debt to buy one). Your logic seems only to apply to PS3's which makes me believe it's something other than price that causes people to bash the PS3.

i dissagree with you.. if the ps3 was 199.99 , there would be less bashing.. like the wii they would say.. well its only 199 so its a great "VALUE".... keyword value... the basis that can change momentum in criticism.

I think more people would be purchasing the system but all things being equal I believe many of the complaints would be the same. Lack of games. Games that are out are not the multi-generational leap we were promised. Underdeveloped online functionality. Crazy executives making insane statements. Etc...People see all these things as valid reasons to "bash" the PS3. I see price as an inhibitor to purchase but not necessarily a reason to bash it. I mean it is what it is. When someone says it costs "too much" what they are really saying is "this product is priced too high in relation to the benefits it's currently giving me." Lowering the price would not magically make games released faster or cure any of the underlying reasons that people are complaining about. Mainly though I was disagreeing with the general statement that "People bash things they can't afford." It wasn't specifically leveled at the PS3.
spinalremains1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 spinalremains1
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
you're right.  The only reason they bash it is because they can't afford it.  You get what you pay for.  More money, better console.  It's as easy as that. How can a system with no HDMI support or HD disc be as good as PS3?  Well they aren't.  Let them bash it while you play your better system..  (you can play because your system doesnt overheat).
ilovesandrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 ilovesandrine
Member since 2005 • 507 Posts

they base it becuse they dont have it. lots of pepole do that they did with a 360 (o i hate the 360 they said i will never play that carp my ps2 is all i need. 3 weeks later i love the 360 o am so happy i got one for my b day. ) i herd that  all the time at school . now it happing with the ps3 .

i have all 3 since day 1. i now play my ps3 more becuse i play all my ps2 and ps1 games on it and i do think the ps3 is going to git a lot more games that look better than the 360 this year.

DannyGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DannyGT
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts

I don't have nothing against ps3, i love it i can await to buy one at launch (europe) but the price is a bit of a turn off.

Can await to play Oblivion, RFOM, R6 Vegas and Motorstorm :D

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
Jealousy i guess
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 davez82
[QUOTE="davez82"][QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"][QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... Bleach_is_basic
I disagree. I don't see people bashing things simply because of price. If anything people tend to save and work harder for things they truly want but can't currently afford. People don't bash HDTV's because they are expensive, they save up and buy one (or go into debt to buy one). Your logic seems only to apply to PS3's which makes me believe it's something other than price that causes people to bash the PS3.

i dissagree with you.. if the ps3 was 199.99 , there would be less bashing.. like the wii they would say.. well its only 199 so its a great "VALUE".... keyword value... the basis that can change momentum in criticism.

I think more people would be purchasing the system but all things being equal I believe many of the complaints would be the same. Lack of games. Games that are out are not the multi-generational leap we were promised. Underdeveloped online functionality. Crazy executives making insane statements. Etc...People see all these things as valid reasons to "bash" the PS3. I see price as an inhibitor to purchase but not necessarily a reason to bash it. I mean it is what it is. When someone says it costs "too much" what they are really saying is "this product is priced too high in relation to the benefits it's currently giving me." Lowering the price would not magically make games released faster or cure any of the underlying reasons that people are complaining about. Mainly though I was disagreeing with the general statement that "People bash things they can't afford." It wasn't specifically leveled at the PS3.

UT3 engine wont be on the wii.. its not even considered nex gen by rein from epic, yes i dont see it bieng smothered by all the gaming sites for this. Wii store isnt that great.. not that many games on wii... people get bored fast.. the graphics are horrible... do they get bashed? no.. but people do mention these things just very lightly.. they arent blown out of proportion like. . OMG ps3 store doesnt have def jam demo! well netiehr does wii.. i dont hear crap like. OMG zelda on gc is same as wii! what a rip off! which is totally true. Everything for sony is amplified bashing.. and im pretty sure its in relation to its price.. the more something costs the bigger bashing it will get.. price has to do with everything. Wether you like it or not, most people dont care about "you get what you pay for".
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Bleach_is_basic
yah i agree, its the price 100%... would you refuse a free ps3? no.. would you buy a ps3 if it was 299? yes , im sure everyone would agree on this which means the ps3 is still wanted ,, just not worth that price tag right now.

davez82
I sure wouldn't refuse it for free but I wouldn't purchase one for $299 right now. There are no bloody games available for it. Why can't people just understand that. I haven't bought a Wii either because there are no games for that really. I didn't buy an Xbox 360 until this past August. By that time Oblivion, G.R.A.W., Dead Rising, a smattering of good sports games, Kameo, and other games were out, along with all the arcade games. At that time I said to myself, okay, now there's a few good reasons to buy a 360, so I did. How hard is that to understand. I want to play games, good ones, on any system I buy. The PS3 and the Wii haven't given me any reasons to purchase their systems yet, regardless of price.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
[QUOTE="HunAndras1984"]

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... kambion313

no, it really isn't. saying HD-DVD is as good as blu ray is like saying CD's are as good as DVD's, which isn't the case. Blu ray holds more data than HD-DVD thus making it automatically better. Plus the differences in price currently are minimal.
azuroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 azuroc
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
I think the back-and-forth amateur rhetoric of the gamespot forum posters is ludicrous. What does the price of an object have to do with hatred towards that object. If there is any reason for people to bash the PS3 its because they either already own one of the other consoles and cannot afford another (meaning that the price is not the issue, they just can't justify multi-console ownership at this time in the current generation's life span), or simply because they know that Sony's been on top for a long time, and they feel that its time for their reign to end.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Like i said before ....they bash sony because they already have xbox 360 and they are afraid they might buy another system.jtanga
Yeah, that and if the PS3 was around $400 I can almost guarantee that there wouldn't be too much bashing. I honestly don't see why they are saying Wii is better, I support all 3 new systems, but Wii is no better than PS3 right now, they each only have about 2 games worth playing and the only reason why Wii is doing better is because of low price and Nintendo's best franchise, Zelda, is a launch game. The price is what I think is the main reason for bashing. Big deal, get a job, not my fault mommy and daddy aren't going to buy you one, stop bringing down the people who can afford one.
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bleach_is_basic
[QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"][QUOTE="davez82"][QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"][QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... davez82

UT3 engine wont be on the wii.. its not even considered nex gen by rein from epic, yes i dont see it bieng smothered by all the gaming sites for this. Wii store isnt that great.. not that many games on wii... people get bored fast.. the graphics are horrible... do they get bashed? no.. but people do mention these things just very lightly.. they arent blown out of proportion like. . OMG ps3 store doesnt have def jam demo! well netiehr does wii.. i dont hear crap like. OMG zelda on gc is same as wii! what a rip off! which is totally true. Everything for sony is amplified bashing.. and im pretty sure its in relation to its price.. the more something costs the bigger bashing it will get.. price has to do with everything. Wether you like it or not, most people dont care about "you get what you pay for".

I think people have gotten what they were promised by Nintendo, an innovative new way to play video games. I think people feel like they have not been given what they were promised by Sony, the very best video game experience. Think about it this way. If MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII, DMC4, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Teken 5, and all the other big games were out right now and they all turned out really good then price wouldn't be an issue. So it's not "price" in and of itself but the underlying factors. I think you're on the right track when you mentioned "Value" which is a different concept than price. If the "Value" were there then you wouldn't find people bashing the PS3. The lack of games IMO is the main factor in the bashing right now. That and the dumbass talking heads at Sony Corporate.
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 davez82
[QUOTE="davez82"]yah i agree, its the price 100%... would you refuse a free ps3? no.. would you buy a ps3 if it was 299? yes , im sure everyone would agree on this which means the ps3 is still wanted ,, just not worth that price tag right now.

Bleach_is_basic
I sure wouldn't refuse it for free but I wouldn't purchase one for $299 right now. There are no bloody games available for it. Why can't people just understand that. I haven't bought a Wii either because there are no games for that really. I didn't buy an Xbox 360 until this past August. By that time Oblivion, G.R.A.W., Dead Rising, a smattering of good sports games, Kameo, and other games were out, along with all the arcade games. At that time I said to myself, okay, now there's a few good reasons to buy a 360, so I did. How hard is that to understand. I want to play games, good ones, on any system I buy. The PS3 and the Wii haven't given me any reasons to purchase their systems yet, regardless of price.

see your generalizing your opinion as mainstream.. main stream wants the wii, all it is is GC with a motion controller.. how da heck did that happen. i dont know
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 onemic
bleach you do know that the wii is in the exact same position as the PS3 is in terms of games?
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 davez82
[QUOTE="davez82"][QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"][QUOTE="davez82"][QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"][QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... Bleach_is_basic

I think people have gotten what they were promised by Nintendo, an innovative new way to play video games. I think people feel like they have not been given what they were promised by Sony, the very best video game experience. Think about it this way. If MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII, DMC4, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Teken 5, and all the other big games were out right now and they all turned out really good then price wouldn't be an issue. So it's not "price" in and of itself but the underlying factors. I think you're on the right track when you mentioned "Value" which is a different concept than price. If the "Value" were there then you wouldn't find people bashing the PS3. The lack of games IMO is the main factor in the bashing right now. That and the dumbass talking heads at Sony Corporate.

well no matter what price is an issue.. cause then your thinking " resistence isnt worht 600bux" .. see price is an issue.  Is resistence worth 250? maybe maybe not.. but it certainly is worth it more than the 600bux. Not everyone wants a wii but more people want it over ps3 because of the price.. and that it looks like an ipod, i think the ipod look really helped it. People are smart, they dont want to pay a high price for graphics, or they are waiting for a price drop, either way its not gonna convert to sales at launch which is what we are seeing, even though i beleive ps3 is still selling well despite all this bashing and all the supposed no reasons to buy a ps3..
manolobrown2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 manolobrown2
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts
[QUOTE="esp009"]

[QUOTE="dimo4"]its because the Wii is less expensive and it has the Wii mote. The ps3 is supposed to be a powerful beast right? people rag on it becuase right now there is o game that loks any better or plays any better than the 360, thats way theres alot of bashing.rasstarman

yeah but compare resistance next to any of the 360 launch games ( i played them all) and it surpases every single one of them.

I found COD2 to be much better than resistence.

I would have to agree COD2 is a much better game than resistance!
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

I think you americans should consider yourself luckythe ps3 is only $600, here in the Uk its RRP is £425 which is equal to around $850, so you should considor yourself lucky.   

Resitance: Fall Of Man will equal Resistance: Fall Of The Xbox 360

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="kambion313"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"]

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... onemic

no, it really isn't. saying HD-DVD is as good as blu ray is like saying CD's are as good as DVD's, which isn't the case. Blu ray holds more data than HD-DVD thus making it automatically better. Plus the differences in price currently are minimal.

What are you saying? Blu ray and HD-DVD is just a storage media....the same movie can be on blu ray or hd dvd with the same quality. Why is sony supporting the more expensive format beats me but I guess it's all about the benjamins.
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bleach_is_basic
[QUOTE="Bleach_is_basic"][QUOTE="davez82"]yah i agree, its the price 100%... would you refuse a free ps3? no.. would you buy a ps3 if it was 299? yes , im sure everyone would agree on this which means the ps3 is still wanted ,, just not worth that price tag right now.

davez82

see your generalizing your opinion as mainstream.. main stream wants the wii, all it is is GC with a motion controller.. how da heck did that happen. i dont know

I think for one because people are willing to pay for new experiences. The Wii, in and of itself, is a new experience. I think people just want to try it out. IMO the Wii is lacking games just like the PS3 is.
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Bleach_is_basic
bleach you do know that the wii is in the exact same position as the PS3 is in terms of games? onemic
Yes, I realize this, I said as much in a earlier post. The lack of games for the Wii, not to mention it's extreme scarcity, is the reason I don't own one yet.
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Bleach_is_basic

I think you americans should consider yourself luckythe ps3 is only $600, here in the Uk its RRP is £425 which is equal to around $850, so you should considor yourself lucky.

Resitance: Fall Of Man will equal Resistance: Fall Of The Xbox 360

slim-pagey
It costs even less in Japan. I think it actually costs like over the equivalent of $1000 USD in Mexico. So Americans more luckier than Eurpeans and Mexicans, the Japanese are the luckiest of us all, you Europeans are less lucky than Americans and Japanese, slightly luckier than Mexicans and Mexicans are the least lucky of all (but we all knew that even before the PS3 came out ;))
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 HunAndras1984
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="kambion313"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"]

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... Deihmos

What are you saying? Blu ray and HD-DVD is just a storage media....the same movie can be on blu ray or hd dvd with the same quality. Why is sony supporting the more expensive format beats me but I guess it's all about the benjamins.

Sony supports Blu-ray because of this:   Blu-ray: 25gig currently (will be 50gig soon)

HD-DVD: 15gig at max!

That's why sony supports Blu-ray. Because it can hold a hell of a lot more content than HD-DVD.  Will all the free space be used in the future? I don't know but I hope so.  Imagine the possibilities!!

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Deihmos
You sure about that 15 gigs max? Get your facts straight. 1080P movies hold fine on 30 gig HDDVD plus the players are half the price of the bluray players and don't tell me people should buy a console for their movie needs.
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Bleach_is_basic
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="kambion313"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"]

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... HunAndras1984

Sony supports Blu-ray because of this: Blu-ray: 25gig currently (will be 50gig soon)

That's why sony supports Blu-ray. Because it can hold a hell of a lot more content than HD-DVD. Will all the free space be used in the future? I don't know but I hope so. Imagine the possibilities!!

Sony supports Blu-Ray because Sony made Blu-Ray. If Blu-Ray was only 10 gigs Sony would still support it. Capacity has nothing to do with why Sony supports Blu-Ray.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kingtito
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="kambion313"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"]

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... HunAndras1984

Sony supports Blu-ray because of this:   Blu-ray: 25gig currently (will be 50gig soon)

That's why sony supports Blu-ray. Because it can hold a hell of a lot more content than HD-DVD.  Will all the free space be used in the future? I don't know but I hope so.  Imagine the possibilities!!

No Sony supports BR because they've invested hundreds of millions of dollars in BR. They have a lot to lose if BR doesn't work out.

They are going to come out with higher capacity HD-DVD's so storage really isn't an issue.

SquareRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81 SquareRocks
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

Bleach_is_basic

yeah, but see nobody bashes the wii for having a crappy game selection. You're an idiot if you think the PS3 has a better selection than the xbox 360 right now, and most people dont honestly think it does, but it probably will be on par with it or better in the future. Very few bash the wii, cept for joking about the name (that sounds like something dirty) or the remote control thing. In fact it has a much worse library (in my opinion). Really the PS3s not much more expensive than the xbox 360...I mean I have a perfectly good computer(going to upgrade to an amazing one in june :) ) so the 500$ one would be just fine for me. It's fine to just say you don't want to buy one of those 2, but when people bash it for stuff no console has soon after launch it's retarded. That's what people "dont understand".
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts

at the end of the day, who cares if some people dont like it? whether they want to admit it or not, its selling well, it has a lot of great features. the processor shows to be leaps and bounds ahead of anything out, reviews from MIT, UI and other college studies show it to be amazing. the bluray player in it is nice, so when bluray takes over the format in a few years, we already have it. games are coming, people complain about the games that are out, but a lot of them are fun, FNR3, R:FOM, Tony Hawk, Ultimate alliance, and if you like sports, im sure the ones out are good too, so what if they arnt exclusive, its rare for all the release titles to be exclusive anyway. ive downloaded lemmings and blast factor and have a ball with them for like 6 bucks.

people just expect to much these days, Sony has never let me down, ive had PS1 and PS2 and now PS3, im not disappointed, this is how all the launches were, sometimes anticipation for something is almost as good as getting the thing, some people just need to grow up it seems, and learn to wait for good things.

MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#83 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... granddogg

Nobody who has to pay their OWN bills wants Blu-Ray. They have provided no real reason to purchase it.

I love the inane belief that people criticize it because they "can't afford it". I was so unaware that the board was laden with elitists.
-=Mike
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 HunAndras1984
[QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="esp009"]

First of all I'll like to say that I own all three consoles. I got all of them on day one. The 360 has a huge dry 3 or 4 months after launch until oblivion and GRAW. The wii has had just a big of a drought as the PS3. I have a membership and gamefly and besides wii sports and zelda the rest of the games are crap. I admit the PS3 is right there with those other two consoles, besides resistance and another game or so, the rest of the games are crap, but for some reason people seem to focus on the PS3 more then either of those other two combined.  The only conclusion i can come up with is that they bash it cause they cant afford it. What do you guys think?

kingtito

Yes, they bash it because they can't afford it. But that's not the only reason. Some people bash it because their friends bash it and they want to fit in. Also some people bash it because they don't understand it and don't know what's comming in the future.  All they see is a few games and that's it. Also....and I think the biggest reason  is that:  Have you seen the movie called Gladiator??:)  "What do people like more than a hero? To see the hero FALL!"

Really people bash it because they can't afford it? Well I bash Sony all the time yet I can afford a PS3 and in fact I bought the 60g version. I even bought against my fiances wishes. I don't bash Sony just beacause I feel like it. Sony has said and done a lot of things over the years I didn't agree with. Way to many to list but lets just say the reason people are bashing Sony is not becuase they can't afford it. They might bash the price but that doesn't mean they can't afford it.

Do you really think that I'm that stupid??? I know that there are people who can afford it but they still bash it. But you have to admit that there are some people who bash the PS3 because they can't afford it.  But it's not only the PS3....you know how many times I've seen people bashing something they can't afford??? It happens al the time.  So it is true...I don't know what's your point.  If you hate Sny so much...why do you buy their products? There are other elextronic companies to. Everyone has a reason why to bash something....in that case it's the PS3. I just pinpointed a few....but it doesn't applay to all who bash the PS3. there is a good old Hugnarian saying that goes:  If it's not your shirt...don't wear it!! You know what I mean??

]

Very few people bash Sony because they can't afford the system. Lot's of people bash Sony for the price of a gaming console. Lot's of people bash Sony because they feel Sony didn't need to include some of the things that made the price so high. You're acting as if not being able to afford it is a big reason for bashing it when in fact it's only 1 reason out of many.

Why did I buy a PS3 either though I'm not a fan of Sony? Maybe because I'm a fan of games and NOT the company's like Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. Answer your question?

Let's clear something. We where talking about people who are bashing the PS3.  Belive me or not, it's your option, there are people who are actually bashing the PS3 because the price....what does that mean? They can't afford it or hardly can aford it.  If your complaining about a products price that means three things: Eather you can't affordt it or you hardly can afford it OR the product doesn't worth it's price. Now tell me that the PS3 is too expensive when the Blu-ray in it cost a $1000 alone.  There is no argument there that what the PS3 has packed inside of it has a higher value than $600. But you don't have to buy the high-end PS3....spend $500 and get the low end. You'll get the same experience. Do you really think that people don't bash things that they can't afford? Oh yea my friend...they do. People bash Ferraris too...how? Like this: Why do I need a sports car when I can get a betterone for my needs for 50k less? People bash all kinds of things that they can't afford. It's treu...it's just comes natural. But that was just one point of what I said.  there are other points to. Now you confused me......Your bashing the PS3? or Sony? because you made it comfusing.  You say your a fan of games thats why you got the PS3?  Well I'm a fan of games to but I'm never gonna buy a 360 and I have my reasons. Also I never gonna buy a Wii and I have reasons for that too. I have my PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and PC to play with. That's enough for me.  I've been with Playstation since 1997 and I'm not planning to chnage it.  I gave a run to the original (black) Xbox and I found that the joystick was too big and the controls where hard to learn sometimes.  I'm entitled to my opinion as you entitled to yours. But there are facts that neather me and you can't change.  That is people DO bash the PS3 a LOT because of it's price and because they can't afford it! Now, have a nice day my friend!

g-shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 g-shocker
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts
This is a great thread.. Something that my friends and I talk about quite a bit when reading all the game related news. Sony seems to be the new empire of evil for the game industry. It seems that no matter what Sony does with the PS3 people will always find fault and have fun blowing it all out of proportion. I think much of this has to do with some of the other stupid things that Sony has done in the past in other industries (Beta, MiniDisc, etc.). For some reason the mainstream press have latched onto the idea that Microsoft's Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii are the best things since sliced Bread and the PS3 is a giant dud. The reports that I have read do not seem to give much reason for this but many people seem to be influenced by what they see on TV so that explains much of the bad mouthing. What surprises me is the fact that with all the launch supply issues that Sony did have.. at least I can walk into any store and get controllers cables etc. I walk into a store looking for Nintendo accessories and I am left staring at an empty shelf with nothing but some stupid wii mote condom in a color that no one would ever want. I figure if Sony had problems with the accessories it would also get lots of press. Overall I think that there is a system for everyone out there.. Once again there will be people who will like one over the other and even though some of the titles will be launched on PS3 and 360 there are still plenty of titles that people love that will only show up on one (Halo, Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy...) I have both the 360 and the PS3 and will continue to play games on each. There are some games I would get on the 360 and other titles I would save for the PS3. It all depends on the game and of course the fact that the PS3 will play Japanese imports is another bonus. The Wii looks like a fun unit but at the moment there just aren't any titles that interest me enough and isn't it in the end about what you want to play and not what the press and others are saying.....
yomi_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 yomi_basic
Member since 2002 • 3915 Posts

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... MikeinSC2

Nobody who has to pay their OWN bills wants Blu-Ray. They have provided no real reason to purchase it.

I love the inane belief that people criticize it because they "can't afford it". I was so unaware that the board was laden with elitists.
-=Mike

That seems like a rather foolish generalization. If you have HD Blu-Ray is the way to go, apparently you do not have it.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="esp009"]

HunAndras1984

]

Let's clear something. We where talking about people who are bashing the PS3.  Belive me or not, it's your option, there are people who are actually bashing the PS3 because the price....what does that mean? They can't afford it or hardly can aford it.  If your complaining about a products price that means three things: Eather you can't affordt it or you hardly can afford it OR the product doesn't worth it's price. Now tell me that the PS3 is too expensive when the Blu-ray in it cost a $1000 alone.  There is no argument there that what the PS3 has packed inside of it has a higher value than $600. But you don't have to buy the high-end PS3....spend $500 and get the low end. You'll get the same experience. Do you really think that people don't bash things that they can't afford? Oh yea my friend...they do. People bash Ferraris too...how? Like this: Why do I need a sports car when I can get a betterone for my needs for 50k less? People bash all kinds of things that they can't afford. It's treu...it's just comes natural. But that was just one point of what I said.  there are other points to. Now you confused me......Your bashing the PS3? or Sony? because you made it comfusing.  You say your a fan of games thats why you got the PS3?  Well I'm a fan of games to but I'm never gonna buy a 360 and I have my reasons. Also I never gonna buy a Wii and I have reasons for that too. I have my PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP and PC to play with. That's enough for me.  I've been with Playstation since 1997 and I'm not planning to chnage it.  I gave a run to the original (black) Xbox and I found that the joystick was too big and the controls where hard to learn sometimes.  I'm entitled to my opinion as you entitled to yours. But there are facts that neather me and you can't change.  That is people DO bash the PS3 a LOT because of it's price and because they can't afford it! Now, have a nice day my friend!

You're making it out to be the ONLY reason people are bashing the PS3 is because they can't afford the price. That's simply not true. There are lots of reasons and not being able to afford it is 1 very small reason for bashing. I think YOU need to sit and think about what you're saying. I do find it funny however that you're making your examples out to be  the norm. "Why do I need a sports car when I can get a betterone for my needs for 50k less?" Umm yeah like a majority of people would actually say that because they can't afford a sports car. Let's face it people have LOT's of reasons to bash Sony and the price is but 1 of many reasons.

I'm sorry you've limited yourself to just one console, you're missing out on lots of great games. I guess when you're a fanboy it can only be that way.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 kingtito

[QUOTE="MikeinSC2"][QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... yomi_basic

-=Mike

That seems like a rather foolish generalization. If you have HD Blu-Ray is the way to go, apparently you do not have it.

Why is BR the way to go? Is it because of capacity? How does capacity benifit you in terms of movies? Are current BR movies better than current HD-DVD movies? The same movies compared side by side on different formats is BR better?

HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 HunAndras1984

[QUOTE="MikeinSC2"][QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... yomi_basic

-=Mike

I'm paying my own bills....just moveing to a new apartmant $1150/month and I'm 22years old.  I have a 60' Sony HD-TV and a PS3 with 11 games and 25Blu-ray movies.....it's dumb to say that people who are paying their own bills don't want Blu-ray. Take me for example....I wont even tuch a DVD anymore since I've seen what Blu-Ray looks like on my beutifull TV.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts
the 1st thing ppl look at is the price!!!! don't tell me it's not about the $600 the advange joe say i'm not paying $600 bucks for a game console but it's not just a gaming system!!! i know what your going to say all i want is a system to play game!!! right ?? bottomline the last system for just game was the gamecube not wii because the wii has news and web surfing see it's not just a game system...:evil:
HunAndras1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 HunAndras1984
[QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="esp009"]

kingtito

]

You're making it out to be the ONLY reason people are bashing the PS3 is because they can't afford the price. That's simply not true. There are lots of reasons and not being able to afford it is 1 very small reason for bashing. I think YOU need to sit and think about what you're saying. I do find it funny however that you're making your examples out to be  the norm. "Why do I need a sports car when I can get a betterone for my needs for 50k less?" Umm yeah like a majority of people would actually say that because they can't afford a sports car. Let's face it people have LOT's of reasons to bash Sony and the price is but 1 of many reasons.

I'm sorry you've limited yourself to just one console, you're missing out on lots of great games. I guess when you're a fanboy it can only be that way.

We're not talking about bashing Sony! We're talking about bashing the PS3!! Sony makes all kinds of electronics not just the PS3. If you read my very first post in this topic you will soon realize that I gave 3 reason why people bash the PS3 not just the price.....But you don't even bother to do that.  If your bashing Sony for something that's ok! Where are not talking about the company itself...we are talking about the PS3 their console.  I didn't limited myself on one console. As I said... gave a try to the Xbox and I didn't like it at all and sold it for PS2 games. I also had a Dreamcast too wich I didn't like at all. I'm not even bothering with Nintendos "interesting" consoles because there are to few games comming out on it and the grapichs always the worst on their system.  I started out with an Atari like videogame console when I was about 4 years old, then moved on to Super Nintendo, than Sega, than the Playstation. While I was always a big fan of the Playstation I always give a try to new consoles. For example the Dreamcast and the original Xbox. I did not like them as much as I like my PS2. SO far I had the best time playing on a Playstation. Also now I own: PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, PC, Dreamcast, .....that's 4consoles, a portable, and a computer to play with.  I did try the 360 at my firends apartmant many times and I didn't like it. Even he said that the PS3 is better. Resons? These: Quiter, better grapichs, confortable controler, better sound quality, doesn't overheat ever 10seconds. 

As far as bashing Sony as a company: They made up many lies....yes, it's true everyone knows that. Why did they do it? I don't know! Do you know? Are they retards? No! Maybe they really tried to do the things that they promissed but it just didn't worked out. They like to yell wolf a lot if you know what I mean.

And yes, you can call me a fanboy. But why did I got to be a fanboy of Sony? Because the countless hours of fun they've given me with the Playstation. Belive it or not....I even play Tomb Raider 1 today. It's great!

And yes...there are lot's of reasons why people bash the PS3. We wont even be able to name them all!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"][QUOTE="esp009"]

HunAndras1984

]

We're not talking about bashing Sony! We're talking about bashing the PS3!! Sony makes all kinds of electronics not just the PS3. If you read my very first post in this topic you will soon realize that I gave 3 reason why people bash the PS3 not just the price.....But you don't even bother to do that.  If your bashing Sony for something that's ok! Where are not talking about the company itself...we are talking about the PS3 their console.  I didn't limited myself on one console. As I said... gave a try to the Xbox and I didn't like it at all and sold it for PS2 games. I also had a Dreamcast too wich I didn't like at all. I'm not even bothering with Nintendos "interesting" consoles because there are to few games comming out on it and the grapichs always the worst on their system.  I started out with an Atari like videogame console when I was about 4 years old, then moved on to Super Nintendo, than Sega, than the Playstation. While I was always a big fan of the Playstation I always give a try to new consoles. For example the Dreamcast and the original Xbox. I did not like them as much as I like my PS2. SO far I had the best time playing on a Playstation. Also now I own: PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, PC, Dreamcast, .....that's 4consoles, a portable, and a computer to play with.  I did try the 360 at my firends apartmant many times and I didn't like it. Even he said that the PS3 is better. Resons? These: Quiter, better grapichs, confortable controler, better sound quality, doesn't overheat ever 10seconds. 

As far as bashing Sony as a company: They made up many lies....yes, it's true everyone knows that. Why did they do it? I don't know! Do you know? Are they retards? No! Maybe they really tried to do the things that they promissed but it just didn't worked out. They like to yell wolf a lot if you know what I mean.

And yes, you can call me a fanboy. But why did I got to be a fanboy of Sony? Because the countless hours of fun they've given me with the Playstation. Belive it or not....I even play Tomb Raider 1 today. It's great!

And yes...there are lot's of reasons why people bash the PS3. We wont even be able to name them all!

Fine you've stated your reason for people bashing the PS3. I'm saying it's a lot more than 1 reason. For the record I never said YOU only had 1 reason. I said you're making it out like it's the ONLY reason people bash the PS3. Let's just leave it at that.

As for your friends reason for liking the PS3 over the 360...."These: Quiter, better grapichs, confortable controler, better sound quality, doesn't overheat ever 10seconds.  " I'd have to say only "quieter" is legit. Not one game on the PS3 has better graphics than the 360. Now I have a 360 (not going to lie it's my 2nd) and I don't have any problems with it over heating. So don't generalize because some people have problems with there 360. The noise isn't even a problem unless you have to turn the volume down soooo low you have to strain to hear. When I play games I like to enjoy the sound just as much as the graphics so I turn it up.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 onemic
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="kambion313"][QUOTE="HunAndras1984"]

[QUOTE="granddogg"]let me put it to rest right here.. it's the price they can not afford it bottomline!!! for all the ppl who say nobody want the blu-ray is theying to fit in... i for one got a hdtv for more than just playing games on it and the ps3 gives me the all in one box to do just that have all my content in HD i watch tv in HD i play games in HD!!!! now here is the kicker WHY WOULD I NOT WANT TO PLAY MOVIES IN HD:roll: NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING NOBODY WANTS blu-ray...... Deihmos

I'm saying blu ray holds more data thus making it better. Also blu ray isn't all that much more expensive than HD-DVD. The movies are about the same price as HD-DVD movies and the players are reducing in price as well.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 onemic
You sure about that 15 gigs max? Get your facts straight. 1080P movies hold fine on 30 gig HDDVD plus the players are half the price of the bluray players and don't tell me people should buy a console for their movie needs.Deihmos
he's talking about single layer. yeah HD-DVD can get up to 30gb, but that's because it's dual layer. When blu ray is dual layer it holds 50gb so it still holds much, much more data than HD-DVD.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Deihmos
I prefer the Microsoft approach by giving me an option. I never buy DVDs and would never buy blu ray or hd dvd so none will ever benefit me. ALso MS offers HD rentals through the marketplace that many many people use for their HD needs. I don't care much about HD movies though ....I can look at a 900MB divx movie and enjoy just as much as a 25gig 1080P movie.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 onemic
I prefer the Microsoft approach by giving me an option. I never buy DVDs and would never buy blu ray or hd dvd so none will ever benefit me. ALso MS offers HD rentals through the marketplace that many many people use for their HD needs. I don't care much about HD movies though ....I can look at a 900MB divx movie and enjoy just as much as a 25gig 1080P movie. Deihmos
??? but the 360 uses DVD's...... would you rather have everyone go back to using CD's then?
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Deihmos
Blu ray doesn't have much to do with games and if you bought in to that hype that's sad. It was done to push the format to replace the DVD.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 onemic
Blu ray doesn't have much to do with games and if you bought in to that hype that's sad. It was done to push the format to replace the DVD.Deihmos
yeah.....I guess you must have said the same with regards to DVD's as well right? They must have just been push sales of DVD's and they really have no benefit to games at all. In fact lets all go back to using cartridges. A format that is practically just used for gaming.
Shadowhawk2606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Shadowhawk2606
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts
This system A is better than system B crap has got to stop. You guys that constantly argue over that stuff really sound like a bunch of 5 year olds. All 3 systems are going to have amazing games. The PS3 is only going to get better over time with updated features like the ability to download movies, and tv shows we all know that feature will come in the future. The PSN is going to continue to get better eventually rivalling xbox live. Maybe even surpassing live in certain areas. The PS3 is getting picked on right now, but I'm just going to sit back and laugh when most of the haters start to slowly change there tune from hating the PS3 to acting like they never said anything bad about it in the first place once the PS3 really starts to hit it's stride. I think that's going to happen sooner, rather than later.
MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#100 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts

-=Mike

Actually, have had it for a few years now. Blu-Ray is a waste of money. $10 more for a slightly better looking movie than a regular DVD? Oh boy! Sounds like a GREAT use of money!

Because, God knows, I want to see "The Descent" in high-definition because the film might not suck quite as hard in that mode.
-=Mike