How is UC3 overrated?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Minajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Minajj
Member since 2010 • 294 Posts

I see a ton of people talking about how the game is overrated and should not have gotten a 10, the game in my opinion has great multiplayer, epic gameplay moments, good acting and a decent story, what more do you want? I know some people say the story lacks, but its more so about the fun gameplay imo, the games not looking to get an oscar for its story as its not an actual movie.

Great game, worthy of the multiple perfect scores its gotten

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I was lukewarm on it but since the patch came out, I can't wait to play it again. I just need to focus on school right now (which is why I'm on Gamespot... :?). I don't think it was nearly as good as U2, but it's still great.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Fantastic game; I'm enjoying it even more on my crushing playthrough.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

My biggest problem originally was the aiming. Now that's been fixed, I would say that the campaign kinda forces certain setpieces on you and that that story could have been better.

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Every big release is going to have some media outlets give perfect 10/10 scores. The game currently sits at a 92 on metacritic, which I think is fair. Personally it is a 9.5 for me.

Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#6 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts

I see a ton of people talking about how the game is overrated and should not have gotten a 10, the game in my opinion has great multiplayer, epic gameplay moments, good acting and a decent story, what more do you want? I know some people say the story lacks, but its more so about the fun gameplay imo, the games not looking to get an oscar for its story as its not an actual movie.

Minajj
It's just a subjective feeling that Uncharted 3 wasn't as good as Uncharted 2, but a feeling that (I speculate) largely stems from the fact that Uncharted 2 set the standard. Uncharted 3 only does more of the same, so it doesn't feel quite as amazing as seeing all these epic set-piece moments for the first time.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Because its popular, just like those other POS games Red Dead Redemption,Oblivion, Fallout 3,On-rails Emo-fest XIIIand Grand Theft Auto IV.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

I surprisingly liked UC2 better, only because of a few things. UC3 didn't fix the bad platforming that U1+2 had, UC3 had a sequence (For those of you have played it, the Ship-wreck segment) that was really frustrating because enemies swarmed you from all directions, and the only way to dodge gunfire was to swim, which wouldn't have been bad if swimming worked properly, but it is boring and has horrible camera. Everything else is still good in UC3 - story, characters, and finally there is like more than 5 guns. Multiplayer is still pretty lame IMO, but co-op play is pretty good.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I kind of enjoyed UC3 more then UC2 but I can see why people would say it is overrated. I liked the different direction ND took with the story and liked how there was less shotting and other gameplay elements were put in instead. Also I liked how there wasn't really a final boss fight. I thought what you had to do against the final boss was fitting for the game and the situation the game was in at the end.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Man, I was planning to get it day 1 but school screwed me over and I just recently got my PS3 out of the store room after 2 months of not touching it. Glad to hear people enjoyed it, I'll get it by next year hopefully.

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

Because its popular, just like those other POS games Red Dead Redemption,Oblivion, Fallout 3,On-rails Emo-fest XIIIand Grand Theft Auto IV.

TheFallenDemon
How do you even enjoy games? What do you do, just sit around and play Pikmin all day, constantly worrying about accidentally playing a good game?
Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

TheFallenDemon

I think I met you at an Animal Collective concert once, champ.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I didn't care for the MP, but the SP was just as good as the the 2nd if not better.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the game isn't perfect andi dont think it deserved 10/10.

calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts
I personally thought it was a really good game. I thought Single Player was better than Uncharted 2's, and Co Op is a really nice touch so my little brother and me can play it. However, I don't like Uncharted's Multiplayer. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's along the lines of not being rewarding enough, plus who ever starts firing at you first automatically wins. No chance for cover or anything. But when I play U3 MP and I am getting my butt handed to me, I rage a little bit. And thats coming from someone who NEVER rages and believes there is no reason, simply because its a game and you're supposed to be having fun. So I personally don't like it.
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I do think the whole Uncharted series is overrated. Yes, I played all 3 of them...But I think the second one is the best one of the 3.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

The story lost a lot of points for me. I'd give it a 8.5/10 which is still a solid score. But the game for sure wasn't perfect to give it a 10/10.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I think because UC2 was so good it set the bar to high to have another game match it.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
It isn't overrated. People are just ridiculous. It is an amazing game period. If you have a PS3 and at least don't rent the Uncharted games well then you are missing 3 of the best games this gen.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

I do think the whole Uncharted series is overrated. Yes, I played all 3 of them...But I think the second one is the best one of the 3.

Jak-25

i 100% agree with you, this is why i'm glad to see a new IP from ND such as "The Last of Us" instead of another Uncharted game

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

[QUOTE="Jak-25"]

killerband55

i 100% agree with you, this is why i'm glad to see a new IP from ND such as "The Last of Us" instead of another Uncharted game

Yup, same here. The new IP looks cool.

Minajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Minajj

UC3 even has split screen online, now that is a great addon as well!

EagleZeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EagleZeppelin
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I think that the entire series is overrated. It is a decent series that is a consistent 8.0. The games are not bad, but they are not revolutionary either. Play 'em once and pass them on.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

UC3 even has split screen online, now that is a great addon as well!

Minajj

but the split-screen is so screwed up, that 40% of the screen is being used up to show your emblem (who really cares about looking at your emblem?) they should do it like in COD online split-screen where they give you the whole half of the screen to see

KaY_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KaY_86
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
great game..but i finished it in 3 days :/ the online is not comparable to mw3 or BF3
dave141190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dave141190
60 fps makes it awesome though
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

For me it isn't as good as Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog kind of just kept the same formula and set pieces as 2 and made sure they hit them all while going from start to finish.

There weren't any impressive levels such as the train level from 2. The two biggest things they added in 3 seemed to be a greater dependence on melee attacking and setting all the big shots up for 3D. There just wasn't much else that wowed. There seemed to be a lot more big time events but most of them seemed to almost play themselves.

The third game also has a lot more down moments. It just didn't have the same pacing that Uncharted 2 did. The first 1/3 of the game is really slow, then it picks up for the next 3rd and then the back 3rd gets slow again.

Finally there wasn't some crazy end battle, which I imagine would have been hard to come up with because of the story that was being told in this game, but the end battles in the first two games are much better.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved the game and I am almost half way through my crushing playthrough and will be getting the platinum in it. Just not as powerful of a game as Uncharted 2 was. Definitely AAA, but the best in the series is still Uncharted 2.

proxy008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 proxy008
I thought Uncharted 3 was a good game, but was pretty disappointed with it. I'll play through it again to try the new aiming, but overall it felt more like an interactive movie, rather than a game. I thought the story was amazing Great charaters. Better than Uncharted 2. However sometimes I felt the story got in the way of the gameplay, where Naughty Dawg said "Ok we are going to do this because it allows the story to flow better", but what they actually did was take control away from the player. Understandable, but not as fun. (SPOILER ALERT!!) The desert scene really annoyed me. I was pissed about that, with the only redeeming quality being the action that followed. (END SPOILER ALERT!) The graphics were phenomenal. Especially that one scene in the sinking ship (Seeing this is alone almost worth picking it up). Why do the keep changing Drake's face though? I swear he looks like a different person every game. The gunplay was frustrating. I had already finished the game before they released the alternate aim. It felt off. The pacing was off as well. Too many interactive cinematic sequences. I know it sounds like I'm bashing the game, but I'm not. I personally think this is a fantastic game and I'm glad I purchased it. I just don't think it deserved a 10, I think it's worst of the three, but by no means an awful game. I'd have given it a 8.7.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

The SP is great, tho it did feel underwhelming. The MP is where is poops on itself. ND needs to remake the MP from scratch.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

Minajj

EDIT : SPOILERS

I would only say its overrated in as much as the game has flaws. The biggest for me being the incredibly poor story pacing. The second half of the game rushes you through the best set peices, and the story is missing things that ND expected people to just understand. So much so that Amy Hennig took to twitter to explain things like the card in Charlies jacket and why Talbot wasnt killed when Charlie shot him. It does have issues but in truth they mainly stem from the fact that ND wrote the sory around the set pieces, not the other way around. The story was basically filler for where they wanted Drake to be. I do love it though, its a great game. But certainly not a Perfect 10 IGN lol.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

It's overrated because it's a rehash of Uncharted 2. Aside from the story, nothing has changed. Maybe they added a few weapons, but that's not enough to call it a sequel. More like an expansion pack, and a damn expensive one. I'm not gonna pay $60 for a game that I've already played. And it lasts about 8-10 hours, I can beat that in just 2-3 weeks.

These big mainstream franchises are now like yearly sports games. A new one is released every year, but nothing much changes about it.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

U2 is way better than U3 SP wise. I'm just starting U1 and honestly, I'm enjoying it more than U3. ND focused too much on set pieces, MP and jumping around the globe instead of fleshing out a good story and gaming world like they did with 1 and 2. U3's SP action doesn't pick up until the last few chapters of the game. Definitely doesn't deserve a 10 or GOTY imo. Maybe that's why ND scrapped MP for The Last Of US and is focusing strictly on SP this time around.

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
I thought Uncharted 3 was the best game in the Uncharted series, I don't care what anyone else says.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#34 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Idon't think Uncharted 3 has been overrated or underrated. I give it 9/10 based on single player (don't like multiplayer), and the only downside to me was the poor AI. Overall I thought it was awesome, but just not as memorable as Uncharted 2 which raised the bar a little bit too high for Uncharted 3 to equal.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#35 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

It's overrated because it's a rehash of Uncharted 2. Aside from the story, nothing has changed. Maybe they added a few weapons, but that's not enough to call it a sequel. More like an expansion pack, and a damn expensive one. I'm not gonna pay $60 for a game that I've already played. And it lasts about 8-10 hours, I can beat that in just 2-3 weeks.

These big mainstream franchises are now like yearly sports games. A new one is released every year, but nothing much changes about it.

GeoffZak

That's rubbish, Uncharted 3 is a worthy sequel to Uncharted 2. It tweaked a lot of things, added some extras, and retained the what people love the most when playing Uncharted - epic action segments that get the adrenaline pumping. It's a completely different game from U2, calling it an expensive expansion pack is just pathetic.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i love it, going to go through it again on crushing and hit up the multiplayer over break

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

TheFallenDemon

Fallout 3, Oblivion, and RDR were all really good games.....

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

If anyone thinks UC3 is overrated then it's best you take a break because clearly you are burnt out on Uncharted. UC3 just made me want more Uncharted but Im actually glad ND are taking a break and working on a new IP, as it will make UC4 even better when the time comes.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GeoffZak

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

Venom_Raptor

That's rubbish, Uncharted 3 is a worthy sequel to Uncharted 2. It tweaked a lot of things, added some extras, and retained the what people love the most when playing Uncharted - epic action segments that get the adrenaline pumping. It's a completely different game from U2, calling it an expensive expansion pack is just pathetic.

XD

Tweaking some features is all it did, that's exactly why it's an expensive expansion pack. It's hardly a worthy sequel. Naughty Dog, I am disappoint.

Minajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Minajj

If U2 was so great, why change it so much? all it needed was a bit of tweaks. As they say dont fix whats not broken

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GeoffZak

If U2 was so great, why change it so much? all it needed was a bit of tweaks. As they say dont fix whats not broken

Minajj

I see what you're saying, but it's not a very smart mindset when it comes to video games.

Tweaking the game slightly is what they do with every sports game every year, and we all know what that's like. It's the same game every year with updated rosters, so there's no need to buy every edition, it's a huge waste of money to buy the latest version every year. That's what these mainstream titles such as Call of Duty, Uncharted and Halo have become. (Yearly releases with only slight changes.)

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I am almost 3 hours in and I must say, I am dissapointed. IDK if its just my mood, but I couldnt put 1 and 2 down. 3 I am having a bit of a hard time caring about.

Azzurri22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Azzurri22
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts

[QUOTE="Minajj"]

GeoffZak

I see what you're saying, but it's not a very smart mindset when it comes to video games.

Tweaking the game slightly is what they do with every sports game every year, and we all know what that's like. It's the same game every year with updated rosters, so there's no need to buy every edition, it's a huge waste of money to buy the latest version every year. That's what these mainstream titles such as Call of Duty, Uncharted and Halo have become. (Yearly releases with only slight changes.)

You do realise that Uncharted games are released every two years right? Kinda makes your argument against Uncharted completely redundant. Although I do agree that games like COD and Assassin's Creed take the piss, releasing yearly updates which I refuse to buy at full price

Minajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Minajj

I am almost 3 hours in and I must say, I am dissapointed. IDK if its just my mood, but I couldnt put 1 and 2 down. 3 I am having a bit of a hard time caring about.

NaveedLife

give it another hour and you wont be dissapointed, game starts off a bit slow but then gets going pretty intensely

NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Minajj

Quite honestly I hate the core gameplay itself...It feels clunky and awkward...I actually like the story and FMVs...but the gameplay itself is a major turnoff. The Uncharted series feels like I'm playing Tomb Raider 1 on the ps1.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

MC-Reap

How do you even enjoy games? What do you do, just sit around and play Pikmin all day, constantly worrying about accidentally playing a good game?

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to use a game that's actually bad as an example. Not one of the best games ever made silly :P

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
I guess I am one of the few gamers who thoroughly enjoyed the slower pace/puzzle focus of the first half.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I guess I am one of the few gamers who thoroughly enjoyed the slower pace/puzzle focus of the first half.Swift_Boss_A

slower pace? I am 65% of the way done, and it was a bit too slow for the first...20% or so because it wasnt that hard. But then it gets SO action packed and kinda easy. But then at about 40% in the game starts getting pretty awesome. I am finally getting more humor (Elena rocks), better and more surprising environments, way harder and more interesting puzzles, and some tough and intense combat.

Minajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Minajj

I agree i enjoyed the larger amounts of platforming as well. Also the set pieces in this game are WILD, the ship and the plane and the chateau levles are probablly the best I have seen in any game