How do you guys feel about the Vita's future?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

After Gamescom, I feel better about the Vita down the road knowing that there will actually be some really good games coming out for it. How do you guys feel about the Vita down the road?

katana_duo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 katana_duo
Member since 2005 • 1751 Posts
As a new Vita owner myself I'm happy that there will be some good games coming out, makes me feel I didn't just light $300+ on fire :P
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
It's not looking good, unfortunately.
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flowersjf
It's not looking good, unfortunately.Heirren
Do you mind explaining? I love reading other people's opinions.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#5 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Well love for the system aside, it doesn't look that good.

A game like BlackOps isn't going to save it.

I just wish Sony would get their act together - market it better, bring down the price of the memory cards and put out more games - any games - geez, I'd even take solitaire at this point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Heirren"]It's not looking good, unfortunately.flowersjf

Sony is simply not putting any money behind its marketing. We know about it because we like games and are on this site, but to the more average consumer, the device is invisible. I really couldn't believe how under the radar the launch was. At least with psp Sony had some hype for the launch. With Vita, the launch reminds me of Sonys attempt to "re-support" the psp with the ads featuring the young teen--and that didn't last long. To me the Vita feels like a device which barely even made it to market. Conceptually it has potential, but I can just picture the higher ups saying, "fine, launch the Vita. Here's $80,000 to cover the marketing."
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flowersjf
[QUOTE="flowersjf"][QUOTE="Heirren"]It's not looking good, unfortunately.Heirren

Sony is simply not putting any money behind its marketing. We know about it because we like games and are on this site, but to the more average consumer, the device is invisible. I really couldn't believe how under the radar the launch was. At least with psp Sony had some hype for the launch. With Vita, the launch reminds me of Sonys attempt to "re-support" the psp with the ads featuring the young teen--and that didn't last long. To me the Vita feels like a device which barely even made it to market. Conceptually it has potential, but I can just picture the higher ups saying, "fine, launch the Vita. Here's $80,000 to cover the marketing."

Those are all excellent points!!! But I personally think the Vita has nowhere to go but up. I wish the marketing for the Vita could have been better but I'm sure it'll be okay in the long run imo.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
While I'm pretty pleased at the future lineup of the Vita, I do wonder if it lacks depth. It seems like we're going to get one good-great game a month, which seems acceptable on paper, but then you start filtering out games that maybe you're just not interested in personally (despite it being a good game) and then the release schedule can seem pretty barren.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I am a recent adopter and I love the system, but I am a realist. This is a dying platform and it very likely isn't going to recover. A lot of people are way too optimistic about its long term sales outlook. That said, the poor sales and likely short lifespan will not stop me from enjoying the hell out of the system. Being a SEGA fan sort of conditions you for it. though right now even Dreamcast was selling better in the same timeframe.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 famicommander
[QUOTE="flowersjf"] Those are all excellent points!!! But I personally think the Vita has nowhere to go but up. I wish the marketing for the Vita could have been better but I'm sure it'll be okay in the long run imo.

Sorry, but that just isn't a realistic. None of its currently announced games are likely to drive system sales. Uncharted and Hot Shots, two of Sony's biggest franchises, both failed to drive sales. Assasin's Creed and Call of Duty are likely to sell well to the Vita's established userbase but launching day and date with their counterparts on other platforms sort of precludes the possibility that they will sell a lot of Vitas. Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed fans will definitely be buying AC3 and BO2. That's a minimum 60 dollar investment, assuming no Elite/Special Editions. To expect that they will ALSO drop 250+memory card+tax on a CoD or AC Vita bundle is pretty wishful thinking. Gamescom was a decent showing but ultimately nothing new was announced that is likely to push systems, as awesome as Tearaway looks. For some context on how dire Vita's situation is, it has sold 2.2 million worldwide. That is after nine months and one Christmas in Japan, and six months in the West. The 3DS sold 3.6 million in in its first month. It then needed Mario Kart 7, Star Fox 64 3D, Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario 3D Land, and an 80 dollar price drop to recover, and even now Nintendo isn't happy with its Western sales. The 3DS, even before the price drop, was never doing anywhere near as poorly as Vita and at the time it was considered a failure. Nintendo said the price drop was needed to keep third parties from abandoning the system. Do you think Vita is immune to such concerns? Because Vita is currently tracking behind Dreamcast, and Sony doesn't even have anything coming on the scale of Star Fox, let alone Mario or Monster Hunter.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Highly depends on TGS. If Sony nails it and shows a lot of great games, including some new and some more on games such as FFX and ZoE I'll be pleased. But tbh it's not looking good either way, the best they can do is just sell as much as possible and either make this their last or seriously consider how their next handheld should be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="flowersjf"] Those are all excellent points!!! But I personally think the Vita has nowhere to go but up. I wish the marketing for the Vita could have been better but I'm sure it'll be okay in the long run imo.

Sorry, but that just isn't a realistic. None of its currently announced games are likely to drive system sales. Uncharted and Hot Shots, two of Sony's biggest franchises, both failed to drive sales. Assasin's Creed and Call of Duty are likely to sell well to the Vita's established userbase but launching day and date with their counterparts on other platforms sort of precludes the possibility that they will sell a lot of Vitas. Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed fans will definitely be buying AC3 and BO2. That's a minimum 60 dollar investment, assuming no Elite/Special Editions. To expect that they will ALSO drop 250+memory card+tax on a CoD or AC Vita bundle is pretty wishful thinking. Gamescom was a decent showing but ultimately nothing new was announced that is likely to push systems, as awesome as Tearaway looks. For some context on how dire Vita's situation is, it has sold 2.2 million worldwide. That is after nine months and one Christmas in Japan, and six months in the West. The 3DS sold 3.6 million in in its first month. It then needed Mario Kart 7, Star Fox 64 3D, Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario 3D Land, and an 80 dollar price drop to recover, and even now Nintendo isn't happy with its Western sales. The 3DS, even before the price drop, was never doing anywhere near as poorly as Vita and at the time it was considered a failure. Nintendo said the price drop was needed to keep third parties from abandoning the system. Do you think Vita is immune to such concerns? Because Vita is currently tracking behind Dreamcast, and Sony doesn't even have anything coming on the scale of Star Fox, let alone Mario or Monster Hunter.

Right. The only thing that can save this system is a must have Tickle Me Elmo/Pokemon game.
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 flowersjf
[QUOTE="famicommander"][QUOTE="flowersjf"] Those are all excellent points!!! But I personally think the Vita has nowhere to go but up. I wish the marketing for the Vita could have been better but I'm sure it'll be okay in the long run imo.

After reading this and the other posts in this thread, I'm probably being a little too optimistic. I just hope the Vita lasts long. After all, sales are what matters not potential.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#14 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Not good. Sony still doesn't seem to understand the handheld market. Nintendo doesn't really, either, but at least they have some brand recognition to ride on. Sony...well, it seems whatever success the PSP had was mostly dumb luck. Right now Sony isn't even a quarter of the way towards their first year sales projections for the Vita. The biggest problem is and will continue to be games - there is nothing compelling, nothing unique available for the Vita. There are a bunch of games that are pretty good if you absolutely want a Vita game, but there is nothing out there that you haven't already played a previous version of or on another platform. The 3DS has a pretty meager selection of games too but Nintendo benefits from being able to wave Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and now NSMB2 around. You could debate the quality of one or two of those games, certainly, but they have system selling power. The Vita, in contrast, has Uncharted and Lumines as the two most unique games available right now. Like Mario, Uncharted is pretty popular, but unlike Mario Uncharted thrives on big setpieces and graphics with gameplay being tertiary. The Vita version feels soulless. And as good as Lumines is, the market for puzzle games is out there playing $1-2 puzzle games on their smartphones, not dedicated $250 + memory card devices. And the much touted releases for the rest of the year are all ports. I'm excited about Persona 4 Golden, but I also know it's a pretty niche title. On the mainstream side we have Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty...both of which will likely look and play better on consoles that most people who want to play those games already own. Very few people are going to buy a Vita for those games. And Sony's even lost Monster Hunter to Nintendo, which is a massive blow in Japan, and sales of the Vita are pathetic even in Japan. Plus the system has other issues like a poorly designed PSN store, insanely overpriced memory cards, and a comparatively expensive system. It's kind of a shame that more attention isn't being paid to getting some interesting games out there as the actual Vita hardware is great and the screen looks fantastic. It's being squandered.
TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

There are some very exciting titles coming out this Fall, however, I'm certain it's going to end up with the PSP's localization issues.

Tons of Japanese PSP titles never made it to Western shores. It's nice that the system isn't region locked, but that's not much of a substitute for games being translated into English.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

what's coming up?

a bunch of console ports or console gimped versions..

the only new ip...is tearaway and that might sell bad because of the small install base...

but yes vita finally has a good amount of games coming....lets see if people think they are worth 300 dollars.

lamech777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lamech777
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts

Sony is simply not putting any money behind its marketing. We know about it because we like games and are on this site, but to the more average consumer, the device is invisible. I really couldn't believe how under the radar the launch was. At least with psp Sony had some hype for the launch. With Vita, the launch reminds me of Sonys attempt to "re-support" the psp with the ads featuring the young teen--and that didn't last long. To me the Vita feels like a device which barely even made it to market. Conceptually it has potential, but I can just picture the higher ups saying, "fine, launch the Vita. Here's $80,000 to cover the marketing."Heirren

This is totally right and well very said. No exposure is equaling no sales for the vita. Whoever heads Sony's promotion dept. should be fired.

VitaBz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VitaBz
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

I think when the holiday sales come out the Vita sales will rise.;)

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 famicommander

I think when the holiday sales come out the Vita sales will rise.;)

VitaBz
Of course they will rise. The question is whether they will rise enough to change the system's future, and objectively there is no reason to expect they will.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

marketing aside, most gamers seem gloomy about vita's future already. maybe many of them are spoiled by modern games and really don't know what they want anymore. i think a lot of it is due to the constantly more noticeable 'grey area' in gaming.

for the past half decade we divided games based on whether they were 'hardcore' or 'casual'. now most games are made very fast anymore and are more mainstream, and they've become social. the game industry isn't fully sure where it's going. neither are consumers. there are possibilities for new ideas, and possibilities for more money-making. eventually the idea that is most popular for the industry will succeed.

I'm optimistic about the Vita, I see its potential and what it could offer me as a gamer. Unfortunately, most people don't, or else they want something else. But it isn't too late for the Vita to find a way to prove its worth to the doubters.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 flowersjf

marketing aside, most gamers seem gloomy about vita's future already. maybe many of them are spoiled by modern games and really don't know what they want anymore. i think a lot of it is due to the constantly more noticeable 'grey area' in gaming.

for the past half decade we divided games based on whether they were 'hardcore' or 'casual'. now most games are made very fast anymore and are more mainstream, and they've become social. the game industry isn't fully sure where it's going. neither are consumers. there are possibilities for new ideas, and possibilities for more money-making. eventually the idea that is most popular for the industry will succeed.

I'm optimistic about the Vita, I see its potential and what it could offer me as a gamer. Unfortunately, most people don't, or else they want something else. But it isn't too late for the Vita to find a way to prove its worth to the doubters.

Ovirew
I feel the same way. I think the Vita has potential as well and I'm sure it'll do fine it's just that it needs to be marketed more.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

As it stands right now, I feel pretty good about it. Already have more games than my PSP's collection that's already out or is coming out.

Own (12): Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Hot Shots Golf, MGS Collection, UMvC3, Super Stardust, Escapse Plan, Lords of Apocalypse, Uncharted, Sound Shapes, Tales of Innocence, Motorstorm RC

Getting for sure (17): Persona 4 Golden, Little King's Story, Dokuro, MoeMoe DaiSenKi, Dynasty Warriors, Lumines, Rayman, Sumioni, Little Deviant, Assassin's Creed, Malicious, Zoe, FFX, Sly 4, Killzone, Jet Set Radio, Plants vs Zombies

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#23 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
I really couldn't believe that most of my friends haven't even heard of the Vita when I told them about it. I don't think it appeals to the masses very much and therefore sales are likely going to continue to dwindle.
Jethawk11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jethawk11
Member since 2011 • 296 Posts

At the moment, I don't think the Vita's future looks too good. Sony really needs to focus on giving it must-have games that aren't just console ports or lite versions of console games. In other words, give it exclusive and unique games that no one can get on consoles. I see some glimmers of hope, but for the most part, the future games for the Vita still look like watered down versions of games we've already played on consoles. Only time will tell just how well the Vita's gaming library does.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

If TGS doesn't shape up well for the vita then MEH for the next few months after that.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 flowersjf
I really couldn't believe that most of my friends haven't even heard of the Vita when I told them about it. I don't think it appeals to the masses very much and therefore sales are likely going to continue to dwindle. MaddenBowler10
Really? That's insane, but there hasn't been any Vita commercials on tv or anything so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.
wisteriaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wisteriaw
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
It's powerful features and will have a strong future!
svm128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 svm128
Member since 2007 • 376 Posts

The vita will do good, it has a lot of potential.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

We need solid games to launch the system to a more well known place. Right now marketing has been pretty terrible and really there isn't any Triple A titles to boost want for the Vita. In Japan the release of Persona 4 the Golden has increased sales of the system well enough but in other countries we don't have something to the same effect. Assassins Creed will help but there needs to be a new IP that will catch the masses. That aside, while people I've met at work, (I work in retail) will often know of the Vita but they know very little about it. Sony needs to push it-- commericals, media, hell throw it in a movie or two to show people the Vita actually exists. They have this excellent piece of tech but don't flaunt it. Flaunt it Sony, flaunt that thing.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts
I think the main problem are smartphones, handheld console's were always mostly use to kill time somewhere, dentist, subway, what ever. But with smart phones now a day offering so much more than the snake game it's hard to see the appeal on a 250 EUR handheld console. Not to mention if you don't mind the occasional add you can have a ton of games for free, like Six Guns, it's amazing a game like that is available for free. And I know what you're gonna say, "gaming on a touch screen is pretty bad and a serious gamer needs a propose build handheld". Well serious gamers that find handhelds appealing are few and far between.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Im still optimisitc. Its not the brightest it could be, and looking after the holiday season i think NA/EU only has a few games listed. Hopefully a decent amount will sale during the holiday season that more 3rd party devs will support it.

VitaBz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VitaBz
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

I feel fine. Vita has only been out 6 months. So it probably has at least 5 years left before anything new is even mentioned.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Alot of people are turned off that it is almost same price as just getting a ps3 or xbox. I heard people at the store saying that. Some people dont even know what it is and have never heard of it, if they have heard of the vita it was only from the MLB commercial that was on a few months ago.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Sony is in for the long term with the PSvita. The economy is not the greatest. Sony has taken a hit because of this.

I personally feel that the PSvita will eventually have a great future. There are good games coming so the PSvita will improve it's lot in the marketplace. Sony seems to be intent on learning how to navigate a tough economy. Since they will have to be doing the same when the Playstation 4 launches. The worldwide economy doesn't seem headed for improvement anytime soon. Sony is learning from the PSvita launch and is intent on surviving the economic strom.

The future of the PSvita will improve it will just take time.

sunbeam_Espeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sunbeam_Espeon
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Sony is in for the long term with the PSvita. The economy is not the greatest. Sony has taken a hit because of this.

I personally feel that the PSvita will eventually have a great future. There are good games coming so the PSvita will improve it's lot in the marketplace. Sony seems to be intent on learning how to navigate a tough economy. Since they will have to be doing the same when the Playstation 4 launches. The worldwide economy doesn't seem headed for improvement anytime soon. Sony is learning from the PSvita launch and is intent on surviving the economic strom.

The future of the PSvita will improve it will just take time.

Megavideogamer

Best comment i've seen on the page so far!

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
I'm not too positive about the future of the PS Vita. Sony needed to have the third party publishers on board from launch and persuade/attract the rest at E3/Gamescom/TGS, something which we can all agree upon they hardly did. Hell, Sony should start to convince their own devisions (SCEA lol) if they want to improve. Trouble is though that the PS4 is pretty much expected to be announced at E3 2013 and when that happens the third party publishers won't take another look on the Vita. Sony themselves have stated that one of the reasons the PSP "failed" was because they announced the PS3 in the same year they released the PSP, which resulted in third parties to only focus on the PS3. When the PS4 is announced this will happen again, with the Vita.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#37 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Trouble is though that the PS4 is pretty much expected to be announced at E3 2013 and when that happens the third party publishers won't take another look on the Vita. Sony themselves have stated that one of the reasons the PSP "failed" was because they announced the PS3 in the same year they released the PSP, which resulted in third parties to only focus on the PS3. When the PS4 is announced this will happen again, with the Vita.danish-death
I don't really agree with this at all. Do you have any hard data on Sony giving a statement about this? I can't seem to find anything, even when I search for articles from 2005-2007. For one thing, the PSP didn't "fail", and it was actually a worldwide success, despite sales not approaching the DS's. Another point is that, in my opinion, the mobile and console spaces are very different. Certain developers are looking to make portable games, and if they have their eye on the Vita as a potential system, they're not going to just look at PS4 and say, "Oh, never mind. I'm going to make a game for PS4 instead." Not only does this make no sense from a business perspective, considering the huge cost increase developing for next-gen is going to be, but it's also a whole new hardware to familiarize themselves with, further increasing the time and money needed. I think that as PS4 approaches, we're going to see more and more small developers developing cross-buy games for PS3 and Vita, not a sudden influx of developers making PS4 games. Of course, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and all the other big developers will be focusing their efforts on next-gen, but I think that we're going to be seeing cross-buy titles for years into the PS4's lifecycle.
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

I'm expecting three more years of support at the least. I feel with that I would get my money's worth (not saying that I'm unhappy with the system now)

With that said, so far so good on the consumer end. It's hard to feel worried about the system and its future when Sony was able to turn the PS3 around from its even worse start.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

This is coming from a classic gamer so here goes...

There is "something" going on in the gaming industry where a cast of shadow is looming over it. Something unknown, all Publishers, Developers and Gamers are flustered and feeling absent minded the way things are moving forward into the next-gen.

Beginning with the 8-bit / 16-bit days when every kid had to save up their lunch or allowance money to buy that one game they wanted all year. If you were lucky your grandma or a relative would get you birthday presents that allowed for you to have a few games that year. You took time with them, enjoyed them, played the crap out of them. Even games that you thought were decent were played out until you wore the cartridges out. We appreciated these moments, like opening that box of Sega Genesis on Christmas morning with Streets of Rage 2.

Then we moved onto the 32-bit days when we started to transition ourselves away from Arcade hang-out spots to being around the house with a bunch of friends sitting around the TV playing Resident Evil, Mario Kart, etc etc. The same trend continued but very slowly we started to notice gamers being curious about upcoming games. As video game magazines and marketing became bigger, we all started to desire that next big game.

By the time we reached Dreamcast , Xbox and PS2 we all started to shift into wanting the next big thing before we even got a chance to enjoy what we already have. The industry as a whole started to become real greedy. We didn't appreciate the little things, we just wanted what's next.

When the PSP was released it was mayhem. I don't know if anyone remembers seeing late night News on every channel they were broadcasting long lines being formed in NYC just to get a hold of the first Playstation Portable System. It sold like gang-busters. I specifically remember taking off from work that day to be first on line at 6am, got a hold of the pre-order with Ridge Racer, Darkstalkers, Ape Escape & Wipeout. This moment felt the same as opening that box of Sega Genesis back during Christmas many many years ago.

The transition in which the 360 and ps3 continued forward started to get real chaotic. People wanted to know about games coming out a year later before even appreciating what was being launched with the console. Greedy-ass-Gamers. That's all I have to say. No appreciation what-so-ever.

When the PS-Vita's launch titles were announced majority of the people cried like babies. Lots of complaints about re-hashed titles and ports. I don't know about you but 6-7 years ago Gamers were crying about wanting JUST the very same games on a handheld system. Now that you got it, we've done nothing but complain about it.

So I guess what i'm trying to say is that we're at a stage in the industry that is confused. We seem to want all the new gadgets and at the same time we're so inclined to justify the purchases. Sony as a company is not going to go away anytime soon. The PS-Vita will not be going away anytime soon regardless of the price or regardless of whoever thinks there are a lack of games. Their marketing is not really useful if they don't have games that appeal to the wider-audience, but keep in mind that Sony is not oblivious, they understand who the handheld is being marketed towards. Bottom line is...enjoy what you have now, the future will eventually unfold.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#40 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
It's definitely a different world, but I don't think the problem is more jaded or fussy gamers, it's that people don't care so much for mobile gaming. Most people are content with their shallow phone games, and the idea of a high-end portable console is less attractive now. I wish people would realize that the Vita is so much better than what their phone is capable of, and I hate to say it, but most consumers are pretty uninformed. You'd think that in today's day and age, where people have access to reviews and countless opinions, people would make wiser purchases, but they don't. They'll go for whatever's cheaper, whatever's most popular, or whatever's on TV.
Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

The future that I see for the Vita is its going to go away pretty soon due to it not having any other games besides that silly Uncharted Gold Abnyss game and a portable version of the new Mortal Kombat game and release of 3 Marvel vs Capcom games.

That all the Vita was made for?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Looks good, got some quality games coming out this holiday that i'm looking forward to.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#43 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Those are all excellent points!!! But I personally think the Vita has nowhere to go but up. I wish the marketing for the Vita could have been better but I'm sure it'll be okay in the long run imo.flowersjf

No where to go but up when you are at the bottom, sure.

That doesnt mean that is a good place to be though. VITA is on life support, it is hanging on by a thread. I doubt portable ports of big-name console games are going to save it either.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Pretty good by November I will have over 20 games and that's not including psn purchases.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#45 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

It's a fantastic handheld, but it's going to struggle against the tsunami of smartphones and the 3DS to a lesser extent.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
The vita will b fine - do you think sony if just going to abandon it? this is like the ps3 all over again. Man some people are depressing.
Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chicken453
Member since 2011 • 2038 Posts
Not looking good here in Europe. There is just no insentive making people want it, the problem is all they have to market here is Fifa13 yet the game is played mainly by people on handhelds so not many people see it being worth a purchase. I remember, I was on the bus in my hometown (UK) where I heard these 3 guys my age 18/19 talking about the Vita and how there was no point in getting it now because there is nothing on it other then games that they would play on main consoles, they also mentioned the price was stupid high (which it is),I heard the exact same thing when i was in Marseille and Paris (France).
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

what's coming up?

a bunch of console ports or console gimped versions..

the only new ip...is tearaway and that might sell bad because of the small install base...

but yes vita finally has a good amount of games coming....lets see if people think they are worth 300 dollars.

KBFloYd
Don't forget Ragnarok Oddysey.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#49 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

The Vita needs more games, and it needs them to be great. Tearaway and Soul Sacrifice look awesome, but apart from those I can't think of any other upcoming game worth getting that isn't a port or a watered down console game. (Except maybe Dokuro... but to me it looks like a mix between Exit and Limbo, two games that disappointed me greatly)

I really want the Vita to succeed. I really want Sony to announce a bunch of amazing exclusives and for third party devs to jump on board eagerly. The PS3 had a pretty slow start and is now doing really well. The PSP too had an awkward growth period in its early days, but now has tons of great games. I can only expect the Vita to do the same.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I'm actually angry at Sony for not pushing it more. Look like Nintendo saved the 3DS, Sony should do the same