How do you guys feel about the Vita's future?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

I've enjoyed my Vita a lot so far, and I just preordered:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted
  • Assassins Creed: Liberation
  • Ragnorok Odyssey

So I think I'll be loving it even more in the near future!!

danjin44
So u preordered COD thats being made who developed that crapppy Reseistance BS instead of Persona 4 Golden!!? All I can say is u have only yourself to blame for big disappointment.

I enjoyed Resistance ;) and Declassified looks to be much better than it in every way. On top of that, I can't stand high school hero mystery solving JRPGs.. so yeah, I did my research, thanks!
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#102 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Mystery-solving JRPG? I've only played Persona 3, and I don't really describe it that way. The characters felt quite real, which was the reason it's the only RPG I ever stuck with for more than a few hours. I'm not a JRPG guy at all (I hate them, usually), and I loved Persona 3. So don't just pass it off as your average sappy JRPG, because it's more than that.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 WreckEm711
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Mystery-solving JRPG? I've only played Persona 3, and I don't really describe it that way. The characters felt quite real, which was the reason it's the only RPG I ever stuck with for more than a few hours. I'm not a JRPG guy at all (I hate them, usually), and I loved Persona 3. So don't just pass it off as your average sappy JRPG, because it's more than that.

I'm not passing it off because its a sappy JRPG, I'm passing it off because its not the kind of sappy RPG I like :P I've been checking out gameplay videos, reviews of the original, etc, just doesn't look interesting at all. :P
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Granpire
It is absolutely interesting... I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm not even a fan of turn-based combat, but I still found P3P to hold my interest. What's not interesting about it to you?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 WreckEm711

It is absolutely interesting... I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm not even a fan of turn-based combat, but I still found P3P to hold my interest. What's not interesting about it to you?Granpire

Different strokes for different folks ;) There is literally nothing about it that appeals to me, which I'm perfectly fine with, I have other games I can play :P

Hoznary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Hoznary
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts
Me and my brother is waiting for Uncharted Vita 2 because it will most likely be like uncharted 2 on console (Big jump in gameplay and such) Gravity rush 2, Assassins creed Liberations, Sly cooper, Ratchet and clank and more games that i hope come out soon enough ^^ Go Vita
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#107 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

[QUOTE="Granpire"]It is absolutely interesting... I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm not even a fan of turn-based combat, but I still found P3P to hold my interest. What's not interesting about it to you?WreckEm711

Different strokes for different folks ;) There is literally nothing about it that appeals to me, which I'm perfectly fine with, I have other games I can play :P

I concur. I love most RPGs, but I have about zero interest in the Persona games. I tried some of the other SMT games and they were o-k, but they weren't really amazing either. Maybe, Granpire, you should just let us have our own opinions. You don't like most RPGs anyway, so it shouldn't matter to you if we dislike Persona. Anyway, that got more than a bit off-topic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Me and my brother is waiting for Uncharted Vita 2 because it will most likely be like uncharted 2 on console (Big jump in gameplay and such) Gravity rush 2, Assassins creed Liberations, Sly cooper, Ratchet and clank and more games that i hope come out soon enough ^^ Go VitaHoznary
I hope there is a second Gravity Rush and Uncharted. I'm sure they could do better if they try.
danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="danjin44"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

I've enjoyed my Vita a lot so far, and I just preordered:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted
  • Assassins Creed: Liberation
  • Ragnorok Odyssey

So I think I'll be loving it even more in the near future!!

WreckEm711
So u preordered COD thats being made who developed that crapppy Reseistance BS instead of Persona 4 Golden!!? All I can say is u have only yourself to blame for big disappointment.

I enjoyed Resistance ;) and Declassified looks to be much better than it in every way. On top of that, I can't stand high school hero mystery solving JRPGs.. so yeah, I did my research, thanks!

Hey it's your choice, but to me it seems Declassified it's not even good COD game, it misses lot feature that lot of people liked about COD series.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Granpire
Maybe, Granpire, you should just let us have our own opinions. You don't like most RPGs anyway, so it shouldn't matter to you if we dislike Persona.Ovirew
That's kind of why I'm so confused... As a person who hates most JRPGs for their terrible stories, weak voice acting, repetitive (usually shallow) combat, I often wonder how JRPG players even put themselves through these things over and over. Heck, I wonder how the genre even has fans anymore. So when a polished, compelling, and unique JRPG comes along, I'd expect JRPG fans to jump on it, or at least give it a chance. And what does that last part mean? My opinion is of lesser value because I don't like JRPGs? I'm not trying to derail the thread, but you guys haven't even played the games...
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]Maybe, Granpire, you should just let us have our own opinions. You don't like most RPGs anyway, so it shouldn't matter to you if we dislike Persona.Granpire
That's kind of why I'm so confused... As a person who hates most JRPGs for their terrible stories, weak voice acting, repetitive (usually shallow) combat, I often wonder how JRPG players even put themselves through these things over and over. Heck, I wonder how the genre even has fans anymore. So when a polished, compelling, and unique JRPG comes along, I'd expect JRPG fans to jump on it, or at least give it a chance. And what does that last part mean? My opinion is of lesser value because I don't like JRPGs? I'm not trying to derail the thread, but you guys haven't even played the games...

You said you played Persona 3, but have you actually played persona 4? The reviews of the original paint is as being a much different game from the third..

Hanzoadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#112 Hanzoadam
Member since 2009 • 6576 Posts

As long as they keep releasing JRPG's for it I'll still buy games for it.

But honestly I think it needs a lot more gamesnot just games I like but games that appeal to other players who dont usually buy Handhelds. Call Of duty Black Ops 2 may change this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
[QUOTE="Ovirew"]Maybe, Granpire, you should just let us have our own opinions. You don't like most RPGs anyway, so it shouldn't matter to you if we dislike Persona.Granpire

I honestly just don't care for the 'style' of Persona. It seems very emo to me. and a little too weird for my tastes. It's really just a personal preference. I also have played other SMT games, as I said, and didn't find the gameplay to be anything special. But that's just me. I like more traditional RPGs I guess. I don't care if they are cliche, I don't care if they are overdone - they probably are because they appeal to lots of fans of fantasy and good versus evil storytelling. I don't think every RPG has to be a carbon copy of the last one, and I like it when they mix things up a bit, but I'm usually just fine with the basic turn-based RPG gameplay. A lot of the FF and DQ games deal with similar plot lines between most of their games. They feature a lot of the same spells and monsters and items between games, but usually it's the little things that these games do with each new release that makes them worth playing. Maybe it's something that only a longtime RPG fan can appreciate, or maybe it's just my particular tastes. But I don't see why your half-bit opinion about RPGs being shallow, repetitive, having terrible stories and weak voice acting should hurt me at all, considering that you don't even care about RPGs to begin with.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="danjin44"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"][QUOTE="danjin44"] So u preordered COD thats being made who developed that crapppy Reseistance BS instead of Persona 4 Golden!!? All I can say is u have only yourself to blame for big disappointment.

Hey it's your choice, but to me it seems Declassified it's not even good COD game, it misses lot feature that lot of people liked about COD series.

Portable games are often missing features that the home console versions have. So that isn't how I judge them unless the norm changes. Cod while missing some features seems to represent it pretty good otherwise story,levels even though smaller,guns,and sound are just like cod on home console. The graphics also look pretty good.
danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="danjin44"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"] I enjoyed Resistance ;) and Declassified looks to be much better than it in every way. On top of that, I can't stand high school hero mystery solving JRPGs.. so yeah, I did my research, thanks!

Portable games are often missing features that the home console versions have. So that isn't how I judge them unless the norm changes. Cod while missing some features seems to represent it pretty good otherwise story,levels even though smaller,guns,and sound are just like cod on home console. The graphics also look pretty good.

That would be true if it was a PSP, but after seeing what Vita can do with ACIII L, to me there no excuse for this. I played Resistance BS I thought the graphics where terrible, and Declassified is using the same engine, but hey if u are happy with then go for it, it's your money. Just so u know Declassified is priced at $49.99 http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/102773
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 p4s2p0
[QUOTE="danjin44"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="danjin44"] Hey it's your choice, but to me it seems Declassified it's not even good COD game, it misses lot feature that lot of people liked about COD series.

That would be true if it was a PSP, but after seeing what Vita can do with ACIII L, to me there no excuse for this. I played Resistance BS I thought the graphics where terrible, and Declassified is using the same engine, but hey if u are happy with then go for it, it's your money. Just so u know Declassified is priced at $49.99 http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/102773

Ya vita brings us closer. But there are still games that need downgrades in level size and such depending the genre like shooters. I'm waiting for the day I can drive or fly like a lot of home console shooters have. Declassified seems to have a lot more than rbs does so as long as gun sounds are improved I'lll be happy. And yes I know I will be paying 45 on psn. For now we still have to be a little behind. 8th gen home consoles are around the corner which will widen the gap some. Should be smaller than ps3 was to psp at least.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#117 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

i believe people have forgotten the value of money in todays time.

TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#118 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

I only just realised today that there's a Wipeout 2048 DLC that has absolutely all of the content from Wipeout HD and Fury on it for just £10, so my Vita is getting plenty of play recently. With Zero Escape, Ratchet Q Force, Retro City Rampage and AC: Liberation on the way I simply can't see myself running out of games to play on the system.

One thing I think Sony should realise, though, is that it's not wise to overcharge people needlessly. Some of the Playstation Mobile games are free on phones, but they're charging for them. Magic Arrows is £4 on the store, and yet the free version on android actually has MORE content. Stuff like that is just going to push people away from handhelds.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#119 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

To be fair, yes, Sony has advertised the Vita like they should, but they don't advertise the PS3 or any of their PS3 exclusives at all either, it's like they WANT to lose money. I'm still hopeful, but it's almost certain the vita won't have the sucess the PSP had or even the same sucess the 3DS has (which isn't what Nintendo had hoped either), frankly, both Sony and Nintendo are hitting up against the tablet/smartphone market, Nintendo of course is hitting up the kid market leaving the Sony and the Vita to be marketed only to the hardcore gamer...and they're not marketing because teh hardcore gamers will find out about stuff cause they watch gamescon and E3...lol...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

i believe people have forgotten the value of money in todays time.

GrayF0X786
Yeah, that's true. But everything is more expensive these days, too. What were you referring to in particular, though? The price of the Vita and its games?
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 p4s2p0
Some of the Playstation Mobile games are free on phones, but they're charging for them. Magic Arrows is £4 on the store, and yet the free version on android actually has MORE content. Stuff like that is just going to push people away from handhelds.TheLordHimself
If phone games on vita use the controls i could see them as being worth more to us. Otherwise I have no idea why people would buy them on console in the first place. When handheld users have phones usually. Only thing that could push me away from handhelds is another device with equal abilities. Which I don't think phones will be accomplishing. Phones with controls like experia play haven't sold well.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Granpire
The other reason why they wouldn't be free is that Sony doesn't have any kind of advertising structure set up, unlike Android and iOS, so they can't have "free" ad-supported games. I, for one, think that's better. Advertisements shouldn't be a part of PSM.
BasilVZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#123 BasilVZero
Member since 2006 • 1971 Posts

Kind of worried but I think the Vita will be fine as long as support comes even in the same form that the PSP had in its early years.

I'll be getting mine for sure in the future sometime next year, hopefully a price cut on the memory cards will come by, looking forward on getting a 32 gb since I wanna go heavy on digital gaming rather than physical copies.

DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

Before portable games like PSP and DS were hit in the past 5 years [i think]. But now many devices were release like IOS and Android games which is dedicated gadgets for everyday and they have a large game libraries. Well I think Sony needs a large advertisement and freebies of their classic titles to encourage more people on Vita and create more apps to make it more useful.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
One word........Grim.